This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    I know its a cliche, but its also astonishing just the sheer amount of diminutive women driving around monster trucks in Dublin.

Edit: I borrowed this for my thought of the day on twitter. trying to limit myself to one thought a day
    This was a huge success dice. We should collaborate on a 2021/2022 new school year series of tweets. I'm also willing to adopt a persona of a weekend football coach if that better suits where you're at in life right now.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This was a huge success dice. We should collaborate on a 2021/2022 new school year series of tweets. I'm also willing to adopt a persona of a weekend football coach if that better suits where you're at in life right now.
      Girls football Academy starts tonight - I am well prepared this time

Comment

does anyone have a secret recipe for breaking through lethargy? will accept drugs.
        412ML1Yah7L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Lazare,, getting great use out of that Radio APP with the world map

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
            Lazare,, getting great use out of that Radio APP with the world map
            It's great isn't it.

Haven't tuned into it in ages. What sort of stuff are you listening to?
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

What does "phased and staggered" basis mean?
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                What does "phased and staggered" basis mean?
                It means we actually don't have a clue but be grand like.

Comment

Was reading an article about the upcoming top gun sequel, and was shocked to discover that val kilmer lost his voice (to cancer) in 2014. Absolutely love the fact Tom cruise said that the sequel couldn't be made without him (and rightly so).

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Speaking of which, I have a nomination for 'best foodstuff you can have in your fridge': a jar of Nduja
                    I see your Nduja and raise you some Morcilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I see your Nduja and raise you some Morcilla.
                      Sure why would I be buying Spanish black pudding when we have the finest here already?
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

It's great isn't it.

Haven't tuned into it in ages. What sort of stuff are you listening to?
                        I'm no Jazzer but during my global wanderings last night I was in Hamilton listing to snazzy Jazzy. Was enjoyable. Was deep south today. Spin the globe , great fun . I used to lie in bed trying to tune in crappy stations when I was a kid. Old habits .

Comment

Great little short story about Head Shops and buzzes.

https://cassandravoices.com/literatu...seBq2Bw0p8ChgE

Comment

I'm no Jazzer but during my global wanderings last night I was in Hamilton listing to snazzy Jazzy. Was enjoyable. Was deep south today. Spin the globe , great fun . I used to lie in bed trying to tune in crappy stations when I was a kid. Old habits .
                            Found some good stuff in Havana.

Must explore Africa

Comment

Paging AJ,

Why are Irish athletes so successful at the Paralympics?

All I'm hearing about is medals, in all sorts of sports.

What's going on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

The most random thing in here is the Callaway PM grind. How often do you smack the ball in the forehead when using it? I got the 2 ball ten putter this year and it has legit been a game changer.

If you are consistently in play off the tee and not miles back then breaking 90 (even 80) is very achievable with some putting work.

My tee game is by far my weakest. I reckon it costs me 3 strokes min a round. Been shooting mid seventies lately, very consistently, with 2 birds a round but also 2 doubles.

I have the big queefy miss in the bag, the high right pooooooooof. Incredibly frustrating.
                                Funny you mention the PM grind, I had someone make a similar comment recently. Actually I ended up skulling one into a small tree at the weekend. Thankfully that stopped it short of a water hazard or going 100 yards OB! I do love them though. The 54 gets used more than any other wedge. The 58 is a cheat club for the bunker tbh - the big head, wide sole and bounce can clear the sand so well. I've actually holed out 3x times from the bunker this year. I never really hit a near a full 58, just chips, bunkers and open face for flops or fluffy rough. I really wanna try a new Scotty or Odyssey mallet but I do love my old 2ball so can't see the point in changing it just yet.

Distance isn't the problem for me tbh. Only one hole I regularly don't have a chance for GIR (more so bad tee shot but I'd have 200-220 in even with an ideal drive). I carry around 240-260 range for a stock drive. The 3 wood is about 220-230 and hybrid 205. My main problem is that I will top/slice/duck hook 2 tee shots per round. I have no idea if it's mental, concentration or fatigue. Genuinely I just feel it's normal amateur golf, especially at my level. Unfortunately, this often results in a reload. However, I consistently lose more shots fluting around inside 30 yards tbh. Putting in particular needs most work. I'm not too bad for chipping/pitching if I have a little practice before a round.

Mid seventies is serious scoring. You're not doing too much wrong lad. Out of curiosity have you ever bothered with lessons in last few years?

I just ordered 3x dozen SEED balls this evening as I ran out. The best bang for the buck out there. It's longer than ProV1/x and matches it spin wise. The good news is that it's half the price and an Irish company.

Comment

Sure why would I be buying Spanish black pudding when we have the finest here already?
                                  Some of the Morcilla I've had would leave our black pudding in the ha'penny place.

Presume it's like the salami as in getting the really good stuff is hard to do here.

Must look into it properly

Comment

Some of the Morcilla I've had would leave our black pudding in the ha'penny place.

Presume it's like the salami as in getting the really good stuff is hard to do here.

Must look into it properly
                                    Maybe GAB could do a Hiberno-Iberian crossover version and market it to all the top chefs.

I'll only charge him a box of puddin' a month for this IP. There's plenty more where that came from.

Comment

I do still.occasionally salivate when thinking of morcilla I had in some bar on the quays in Santander. The Spanish really do some amazing things with ham.

I'm sure there must be some cultural reason linked to the reconquista too as surely it was haram under Moorish rule.

Comment

Sarah Mcinerney proving SP to be a spoofer tonight. Leo got torn a new one .

Comment

On Iberian pork-love:

When the victorious Moors swept through Spain from North Africa in 711 AD, they conquered a nation of pork-lovers. And, because religious dietary laws forbade the Moors, like the Jews, from eating pork, the pig became a symbol of political and religious resistance.
                                          During the ensuing seven centuries of sporadic warfare that led to the Moors’ final defeat and the expulsion of the Jews in 1492, the pig’s ritual slaughter and public consumption became an important demonstration of Christian faith--and, therefore, of an emerging Spanish identity, Castaner said in an interview.

“This is when the pig began to assume a social identity,” she said, adding that to eat pork “was a means of affirming one’s Catholicism
                                          Mmmm. Historical deliciousness.

Comment

Sarah Mcinerney proving SP to be a spoofer tonight. Leo got torn a new one .
                                            Haven't seen it but the very description of tearing the minister a new one proves my point.
                                            Rodney rice would be spinning in his grave at what passes for Journalism in RTE these days.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Haven't seen it but the very description of tearing the minister a new one proves my point.
                                              Rodney rice would be spinning in his grave at what passes for Journalism in RTE these days.
                                              It's meaningless nonsense.

There doesn't even seem to be any story worthy of needing an extra asshole ripped. There's just a good news story about restrictions being lifted?

Comment

It's meaningless nonsense.

There doesn't even seem to be any story worthy of needing an extra asshole ripped. There's just a good news story about restrictions being lifted?
                                                Much like the BBV eh or twitter. . Most of TV political debate is nonsense especially on RTE . So it boils down to a battle of wits for viewing pleasure . . In this regard she tore one of our supposed top politicians who debate for a living a new hole. Now nostalgia aside she is a top journalist. And of course that accent.

Comment

she is a top journalist.
                                                  That's just objectively wrong, she was a mediocre at best columnist in the c.5000 circulation Tribune and has been a presenter on shouty radio programmes.

Comment

Don't want to come across as the Mcinerney of the BBV given I'm unsure on your need for a new asshole, but solks I think if you're watching news shows or reading newspapers you are making poor life decisions.

Comment

Don't want to come across as the Mcinerney of the BBV given I'm unsure on your need for a new asshole, but solks I think if you're watching news shows or reading newspapers you are making poor life decisions.
                                                      Enjoy a good Sunday rag + fry but news shows are garbage especially RTÉ - meaningless noise

Comment

Have to say though this article about a woman being mildly inconvenienced was beautiful stuff from the indo given recent headlines from abroad
                                                        https://m.independent.ie/opinion/com...-40802063.html

sample quote
                                                        It was the worst airport experience imaginable

Comment

Lol you could apply that to anything on TV . I'm sure most of my TV watching is poor ie sports, music documentaries, Netflix eg watching human nature atm however I've managed to avoid the Twitter cesspool in the main. Now that's a poor life decision. #teamsarah

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                            Have to say though this article about a woman being mildly inconvenienced was beautiful stuff from the indo given recent headlines from abroad

sample quote
                                                            That would make you puke.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

sample quote
                                                              Wow how is she allowed out of the house.

Comment

Anyone know how long a rotator cuff injury usually takes to clear up?

Before yesterday, I wasn't even aware I had rotator cuffs and would have assumed it would they would be a design feature on the kind of impactful shirt that V would buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

That would make you puke.
                                                                  I think it was largely written with tongue in cheek.

Although I'll find out shortly as I had the stupidity to engage with someone yesterday on a topic and found myself landed with multiple business trips.

My response of 'why can't X (whose job it is) go?' met with 'she's terrified of covid'.

Leading me to assume I am an expendable foot solider which sounds about right.

Comment

Pissed out quite the kidney stone this morning. The kind of pain that reminds you you're alive

Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Ah FFS!

Oh man that's insane 21mm

Comment

Before yesterday, I wasn't even aware I had rotator cuffs and would have assumed it would they would be a design feature on the kind of impactful shirt that V would buy.
                                                                        According to my witch doctor hippy , most rotator cuff injuries are misdiagnosed and they are in fact an imbalance that needs to be corrected . Usually emanating from a different part of the body.

Taking the traditional Physio route , you'll have to do some rehab with stretching and strengthening or at worst an operation.

Back to hippy witch doctor - most operations on this are unnecessary . Check yourself for any other injuries and discuss with your physio

Rotator cuffs are tres annoying.

Personally I'd suggest yoga or pilates now you are an ol fella .

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Ah FFS!

Oh man that's insane 21mm
                                                                          Nah, the top scale is imperial. Just over 8mm though, so still big enough. It also got stuck with about 1cm to go, and I had to shake it out the rest of the way. Fun times.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Nah, the top scale is imperial. Just over 8mm though, so still big enough. It also got stuck with about 1cm to go, and I had to shake it out the rest of the way. Fun times.
                                                                            I hear a knitting needle comes in handy for the that...
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Potentially a very long time. I've a suspected rotator cuff injury and am waiting for the MRI result but have been having issues for about 6 months

Comment

Titbit

Apparently there was a variety artist in the early 20th century known as Nosmo King . Father of actor Jack Watson . One hundred years later I am amused. Well played Nosmo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Potentially a very long time. I've a suspected rotator cuff injury and am waiting for the MRI result but have been having issues for about 6 months
                                                                                  oh yay

most of the time I wouldn't even be aware I had it but if I have to reach upwards or behind my back, then I get a shooting pain

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                    Was reading an article about the upcoming top gun sequel, and was shocked to discover that val kilmer lost his voice (to cancer) in 2014. Absolutely love the fact Tom cruise said that the sequel couldn't be made without him (and rightly so).
                                                                                    I read the other day that Ellen Page is now transgender Elliot Page. So now if you're watching an old film and you use the word she you need to be cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I read the other day that Ellen Page is now transgender Elliot Page. So now if you're watching an old film of hers and you use the word she you need to be cancelled.
                                                                                      The world has gone crazy . Ya cant even slap the cute girl in personnel playfully on the arse any more . The rot set in when we allowed them to change their title from to HR . Notions.

Comment

oh yay

most of the time I wouldn't even be aware I had it but if I have to reach upwards or behind my back, then I get a shooting pain
                                                                                        I gimped my left shoulder as a teenager playing up an age grade. Think small 13 year old vs 16 year old giant man child. It hasn't been right since and is even more trouble now in my thirties. It's WAAY more flexible than the right side but it's prone to flaring up. The only thing that's helpful is rotation exercises with rubber bands. Even when I was relatively fit bench press, overhead press and pushups could cause a flare-up if I was overdoing it. Watch out for those exercises if you're doing them and make sure you have rows/pulls in your routine as they will help balance out the push movements. Recovery is definitely slow and all I can say is don't ever stop doing your rehab exercises. Warm up well before any of those push movements and don't overload.

Comment

oh yay

mine still flares up (especially when swimming) 10 years on.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

mine still flares up (especially when swimming) 10 years on.
                                                                                            FU Shraaaaaap

where's the 'it'll clear up in a matter of days' type posts I was searching for here?

Comment

Anybody any experience with Change Management?

Am just starting to look into it with work - Am I massively over simplifying it by saying that it essentially project management under a new fancy title/buzz words?

Comment

With rotator cuff and similar shoulder problems be careful to follow through on the exercises the physio gives you. Any extended period of restricted movement risks bringing on a frozen shoulder which comes with Collie's kidney stone level of pain.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I gimped my left shoulder as a teenager playing up an age grade. Think small 13 year old vs 16 year old giant man child. It hasn't been right since and is even more trouble now in my thirties. It's WAAY more flexible than the right side but it's prone to flaring up. The only thing that's helpful is rotation exercises with rubber bands. Even when I was relatively fit bench press, overhead press and pushups could cause a flare-up if I was overdoing it. Watch out for those exercises if you're doing them and make sure you have rows/pulls in your routine as they will help balance out the push movements. Recovery is definitely slow and all I can say is don't ever stop doing your rehab exercises. Warm up well before any of those push movements and don't overload.
                                                                                                  yeah, I've been doing pushups and planks daily since March (until this thing hit about 4 weeks ago) so that would make sense.

Bah.

Comment

Lol you could apply that to anything on TV . I'm sure most of my TV watching is poor ie sports, music documentaries, Netflix eg watching human nature atm however I've managed to avoid the Twitter cesspool in the main. Now that's a poor life decision. #teamsarah
                                                                                                    Watching sport and music documentaries is definitely not a poor life decision.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I read the other day that Ellen Page is now transgender Elliot Page. So now if you're watching an old film of hers and you use the word she you need to be cancelled.
                                                                                                      Surely doesn't apply retrospectively. Madness.

Bruce Jenner was a fantastic male athlete in his day. I'd love some cancelateer to explain how that's no longer accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Surely doesn't apply retrospectively. Madness.

Bruce Jenner was a fantastic male athlete in his day. I'd love some cancelateer to explain how that's no longer accurate.

Comment

Watching sport and music documentaries is definitely not a poor life decision.
                                                                                                          You are right of course . I meant in terms of time creep. I waste so much time on Bbc4 Sky Arts etc on my arse.

Comment

Titbit

Apparently there was a variety artist in the early 20th century known as Nosmo King . Father of actor Jack Watson . One hundred years later I am amused. Well played Nosmo.
                                                                                                            He's playing the Gaiety soon,
                                                                                                            signs advertising his gig at every exit door.
                                                                                                            No Smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail
                                                                                                              Merkel setting down at end of this month.
                                                                                                              Guy most likely to succeed her is known for doing this, which I am provisionally calling a Hitch move:

https://twitter.com/RagnarWeilandt/s...653222400?s=19
                                                                                                              He's not doing very well. The SPDs or even the Greens might sneak in as the biggest party.

The Green Party leader is a former trampolinist which is probably excellent training for a political career, given the amount of contortions required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jBk_Omx0A4

Comment

Merkel stepping down at end of this month.
                                                                                                                Guy most likely to succeed her is known for doing this, which I am provisionally calling a Hitch move:

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Hi lads

Posted up on Job websites too but said I'd post here too if there'd be any interest to a patron of IPB or if you'd have any contact(s) who this may suit

Our most recent Product Designer has finished up and we are looking for someone on a temporary basis (likely 2-3 months) to assist in the completion of a Product Suite. Our client base includes Sports Teams, Media and Associations currently

Experience in Product Design (and a bit of Web Design) highly desirable as is an interest in Sports/Sports Analysis but they are not essential. Knowledge of Gaelic Games in particular would help but again, not essential

I'm attaching the tasks of the role here and if there's any interest, please PM me or contact jobs at nichesportsdata dot com or else davidk at nichesportsdata dot com
                                                                                                                  Attached Files

Comment

Real glitch in the matrix stuff there as RD3 responds to his alt-account before he posts the message he was responding to.

Raoul Duke III

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      Real glitch in the matrix stuff there as RD3 responds to his alt-account before he posts the message he was responding to.

Raoul Duke III
                                                                                                                      At least you didn't discover my other 3 alt accounts

Micknail messing around imo, I definitely responded to him quite a few mins after he posted. Unless 6star's wayback machine has developed some fundamental flaws, I'd say he deleted and reposted.

Comment

We're been in business from the 14th Raoul

Comment

I do still.occasionally salivate when thinking of morcilla I had in some bar on the quays in Santander. The Spanish really do some amazing things with ham.

I'm sure there must be some cultural reason linked to the reconquista too as surely it was haram under Moorish rule.
                                                                                                                          Yeah was reading about that was twitter recently. Essentially a cultural war against Jews and Muslims.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X