X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    So which two of ye are in a bidding war on this one
    Other half was talking about going to view it the other day, then we saw that tweet....

Comment

@rdiii, was it in Cork the kids were surfing with dolphins? Now that I see you're in Donegal I'm not sure where you've been a-travelling. I would like to go whale watching, although the arse of Cork is very fast away.

​​​​​

Comment

On a train atm. Can someone point me to the Covid regulations where it says working class people are exempt from wearing masks on public transport?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          @rdiii, was it in Cork the kids were surfing with dolphins? Now that I see you're in Donegal I'm not sure where you've been a-travelling. I would like to go whale watching, although the arse of Cork is very fast away.

​​​​​
          Donegal = dolphins.

I think you can see a whale pretty much anywhere on the wild Atlantic way. We were talking to one of the guides at Fanad lighthouse yesterday and he said that a blue whale had been sighted off the Donegal coast last week for the first time in decades.

Weather is, ahem, mixed. The sea is fairly cold compared to Cork or Dublin but far less jellyfish than the former and the beaches are long, pristine and pretty much deserted.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

On a train atm. Can someone point me to the Covid regulations where it says working class people are exempt from wearing masks on public transport?
            Young, male skangers. And hardly 'working'.

Just an extension of the general attitude imo.

Comment

Mask don’t protect you against COVID. Didn’t you see Dr Nick Riviera’s video on Facebook about it.
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

3 People i know in the last week. 2(And their families) in the last 24 hours positive with Covid and all fully Vaxxed. Everyone fine bar runny noses and sore throats but all isolating yada yada. Grim.
                I'm only worried about my working situation. 17 months is absolutely enough full time WFH thank you very much. Was meant to be back a few days a week from Oct 1st but can see that getting kicked into the new year.

HR not interested in the contact tracing rubbish that comes part and parcel of it i suppose. They will of course give me flexibility but was looking forward to going back to at least a 1/4 full office in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Mask don’t protect you against COVID. Didn’t you see Dr Nick Riviera’s video on Facebook about it.
                  Dr._Riviera.png

Sidenote, Where is Bubbleking?
                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                    3 People i know in the last week. 2(And their families) in the last 24 hours positive with Covid and all fully Vaxxed ->. Everyone fine bar runny noses and sore throats but all isolating yada yada. Grim.
                    I'm only worried about my working situation. 17 months is absolutely enough full time WFH thank you very much. Was meant to be back a few days a week from Oct 1st but can see that getting kicked into the new year.

HR not interested in the contact tracing rubbish that comes part and parcel of it i suppose. They will of course give me flexibility but was looking forward to going back to at least a 1/4 full office in a while.
                    Likely related .

Comment

Inchicore? Some of the lads on here were afraid of living in Terenure and you think they're bidding in Inchicore?

Comment

This climate change thing is very worrying. The masks will be blown off your face or down your throat. When it comes to disasters momentum is a very scary thing. Perhaps if we burned Trump 'Wicker Man ' style in Dunbeg mudder nature might relent.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Inchicore? Some of the lads on here were afraid of living in Terenure and you think they're bidding in Inchicore?
                          The ' Core buddy . It's called the Core .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Likely related .
                            Obviously related. Wasn't my cry. More that big industry isn't getting back to normal any time soon with this carry on and WFH full time or in isolation is not for everyone.

Comment

3 People i know in the last week. 2(And their families) in the last 24 hours positive with Covid and all fully Vaxxed. Everyone fine bar runny noses and sore throats but all isolating yada yada. Grim.
                              Hearing lots like that the last few days.One family I know with unvaccinated teenagers and a couple of vaccinated adult kids and parents have all got it and they are all wiped out in a pretty bad way for a few days now.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Crypto advice thanks in part to uncredited feedback from hectorjelly:

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2021/0...kadot-polygon/
                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

In better news No2 Granddaughter has arrived this morning and so far all is looking good

ol0xiWg.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Hearing lots like that the last few days.One family I know with unvaccinated teenagers and a couple of vaccinated adult kids and parents have all got it and they are all wiped out in a pretty bad way for a few days now.
                                    I wonder do all the dormant bugs now take effect now that Joe working class train passenger is mingling freely. Goingvto be a sickbed winter . Does anyone know if the normal flu vaccine is readily available also ?

Comment

In better news No2 Granddaughter has arrived this morning and so far all is looking good

ol0xiWg.jpg
                                      Congrats . The resemblance is clearly there . ( no offence to the kid )

Comment

Fully vaxed since June 2nd. Chills,aches and sore throat since yesterday evening. GP reckons most likely a viral infection but heading to Punchestown at 3:15 so that Covid can be ruled out.

Comment

Yeah. Not great.

Once we start back up we'll be fine and i suppose an optimistic slant on it will be it will be no different than anything else in time. IE you're sick. You don't go to work and hopefully you didn't spread it before you stayed at home. Delta does seem much more transmissible.

Her Sister's jockey is Anti Vax. He's quiet about it but no less of a moron. Should be fun on the family trip to the west next month when we're booking dinners. I've been gagged from the outset about his behaviours. Now look at the shite it will cause.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

Fully vaxed since June 2nd. Chills,aches and sore throat since yesterday evening. GP reckons most likely a viral infection but heading to Punchestown at 3:15 so that Covid can be ruled out.
                                            1/4 Covid and you'd probably rather that. More unknown having anything else.

Comment

Does anyone know if the normal flu vaccine is readily available also ?
                                              It's not normally available until end of September or October. There is probably going to be problems deciding what strains to protect against too, as they usually base it on cases in the southern hemisphere.
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Congrats Tony, wonderful day for you.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Yeah. Not great.

Once we start back up we'll be fine and i suppose an optimistic slant on it will be it will be no different than anything else in time. IE you're sick. You don't go to work and hopefully you didn't spread it before you stayed at home. Delta does seem much more transmissible.

Her Sister's jockey is Anti Vax. He's quiet about it but no less of a moron. Should be fun on the family trip to the west next month when we're booking dinners. I've been gagged from the outset about his behaviours. Now look at the shite it will cause.
                                                  Surely, if you're in a group, you just book make your bookings as normal and fuck him. Its then up to the soster whether she wants to join or spend the evening with him. I wont be sitting outside or amending plans to suit some anti vax headcase.

The requirements for indoor dining reopening have been well publicised so at this stage of things, he literally only has himself to blame for keeping restrictions on his own life.

And I cannot reiterate this enough, fuck him. Make your plans and stick to them.

Comment

Her Sister's jockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      Donegal really is different, hadn't been up here for about 20 years prior to this week and had forgotten the grandeur of the landscape. Surely the most spectacular landscapes in Ireland.

My kids are enthralled with the accent. Been saying 'jollay-faash' (jellyfish) all day.
                                                      I expect you feel absolutely terrible about the abuse you’ve given the place on here over the years now

Comment

This is what I don’t understand if you are fully vaccinated what’s the worry ? Of course with this special virus you still get the thing even if vaccinated. I’m wondering when if ever the general population well question this shit. Got my own cert last week don’t feel like wearing it as a badge of pride

Comment

Congrats . The resemblance is clearly there . ( no offence to the kid )
                                                          Cant help wondering will this little one grow up with a terrible phobia about big hands!

Comment

Seems Scotsrail dont fancy policing it either.
                                                            The operator said it will not put staff in "difficult positions" with passengers who fail to follow Covid rules.

Comment

Went for a pint after golf yesterday....at last!

Phone on 2% ..racing up the stairs with my email cert open only for battery to die at the last second.

Was grand anyway. She just asked us were we vaccinated and to sign in with phone number.

Played to 18 (last official cap 7 years ago was 15)
                                                              Last outing played to 10 (2 birdies and 7 pars)

Striking the ball well mostly. Good long drives and putting well but getting yardages wrong on approach with a few lapses.
                                                              Was 8 holes up on my mate coming in to the 18th so offered him double or quits on the bet. Hits his 2nd shot into the trees and can hear it richocheting off the wood only to pop back out in a perfect lie. Hits his third through the foliage of a tree and miraculously ends up beside the green for an up and down bogey which sealed it. Jammy bollox!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

I expect you feel absolutely terrible about the abuse you’ve given the place on here over the years now
                                                                People from Donegal are still odd.

Was in some little shop in Ramelton this morning, chatting to the proprietress while the kids roamed the isles. Was teeming outside and she was telling me that the husband was 'away over in Portsalon playing golf since nine o'clock sure the poor fella will be drowned, so he will.'

Me: 'ah shure, he probably only tells you he's playing. He'll be in the bar drinking pints with the lads.'

She looked at me like I had stripped off and started masturbating like a monkey. End of conversation!

Comment

Snitches get stitches.

That chap is gonna find you.
                                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 11-08-21, 16:12.

Comment

Donegal really is different, hadn't been up here for about 20 years prior to this week and had forgotten the grandeur of the landscape. Surely the most spectacular landscapes in Ireland.
                                                                    I wonder why they have never really been able to monetise the scenery/tourism to the same level that Cork & Kerry have.
                                                                    Presumably they have the same sort of peninsula roads as the Ring Of Kerry and a few mountain passes like Molls Gap, cliffs like Moher etc

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Surely, if you're in a group, you just book make your bookings as normal and fuck him. Its then up to the soster whether she wants to join or spend the evening with him. I wont be sitting outside or amending plans to suit some anti vax headcase.

The requirements for indoor dining reopening have been well publicised so at this stage of things, he literally only has himself to blame for keeping restrictions on his own life.

And I cannot reiterate this enough, fuck him. Make your plans and stick to them.
                                                                      I fully intend to stick to my plans and take said 'Fuck Him' approach. As does my wife and my in laws. More just looking forward to the chaos it causes the SIL as i sit there with the smug ' I told you he was a fucking weirdo' head on me.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

You defo have covid and need a new GP if he doesn't know what vaccinated delta variant looks like.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                          Crypto advice thanks in part to uncredited feedback from hectorjelly:

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2021/0...kadot-polygon/
                                                                          Your BTC thesis is flawed IMO

Comment

Was in some little shop in Ramelton this morning, chatting to the proprietress while the kids roamed the isles. Was teeming outside and she was telling me that the husband was 'away over in Portsalon playing golf since nine o'clock sure the poor fella will be drowned, so he will.'

Me: 'ah shure, he probably only tells you he's playing. He'll be in the bar drinking pints with the lads.'

She looked at me like I had stripped off and started masturbating like a monkey. End of conversation!
                                                                            I stayed in Ramelton a few years ago as a base for mount Errigal

Lol highlight. Couple in the restaurant, husband sitting back in his chair as the missus cut up his steak .

Proper highlight .

Flat battery on Sunday morning but local took me around a few houses to get jumps. Salt of the earth etc

Lowlight . I drove all the way there and back with no power steering. My shoulders and hands felt 2 inches thicker when I got home . Great wee spot so it is .

Comment

Portsalon would be a particularly rough place In the rain too, very exposed. Did you take the boat across to Buncrana or drive To the affectionately named Horn head?

Comment

I stayed in Ramelton a few years ago as a base for mount Errigal

Lol highlight. Couple in the restaurant, husband sitting back in his chair as the missus cut up his steak .

Proper highlight .

Flat battery on Sunday morning but local took me around a few houses to get jumps. Salt of the earth etc

Lowlight . I drove all the way there and back with no power steering. My shoulders and hands felt 2 inches thicker when I got home . Great wee spot so it is .
                                                                                I remember you playing at the Gold club poker tourney in letterkenny and talking about Ramelton (pronouncing it like Hamilton, rather than Ra - melt - ton) and everyone giggling and ever since then it makes me laugh driving through. The steak cutting is a good one and very believable

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I wonder why they have never really been able to monetise the scenery/tourism to the same level that Cork & Kerry have.
                                                                                  Presumably they have the same sort of peninsula roads as the Ring Of Kerry and a few mountain passes like Molls Gap, cliffs like Moher etc
                                                                                  Unfortunately littered it with loads of shitty holiday homes and caravan parks (which are obscenely priced for what you get), and my thesis is that you don’t get the well heeled American up there, so your tourism market is mostly Nordies which have a much higher price elasticity and therefore you couldn’t support an upmarket hotel etc ie Doonbeg/Adare/Ashford etc.

Having said that, the massive attraction is the amount of peace and space you get. If the beach is busy, five mins down the road there’s likely a quieter one.

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

Your BTC thesis is flawed IMO
                                                                                    "a topic of vibrant discussion" is what we say in academia rather than flawed. I feel its a reasonable guess about how the future might turn out.

Comment

"a topic of vibrant discussion" is what we say in academia rather than flawed. I feel its a reasonable guess about how the future might turn out.
                                                                                      Enjoyed the style of writing there

Comment

I remember you playing at the Gold club poker tourney in letterkenny and talking about Ramelton (pronouncing it like Hamilton, rather than Ra - melt - ton) and everyone giggling and ever since then it makes me laugh driving through. The steak cutting is a good one and very believable
                                                                                        Been to Donegal more times than I can remember. Always been a great trip. Nice stretch of golf from All the way up in Lifford down to Murvagh and Rosses Point ( Sligo I know ) .

Scenery is breathtaking in places.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

You defo have covid and need a new GP if he doesn't know what vaccinated delta variant looks like.
                                                                                          Like festival week up at Punchestown anyway. Nurse said last 4 days have been flat out most people turning up with symptoms similar to mine.

Comment

Portsalon would be a particularly rough place In the rain too, very exposed. Did you take the boat across to Buncrana or drive To the affectionately named Horn head?
                                                                                            This is coming to you about 500m from the ferry on Rathmullan beach (which just docked a minute ago). Didn't bother with the ferry itself, dawdling up/down the Fanad penninsula today. Sun just came out and Lough Swilly looks very picturesque. Ate a nice meal in the pavillion at Rathmullan House and heading over to the Blue Goat in Ramelton in a bit to grab some cheese for a picnic.

Stole a very nice Kinnegar pint glass from Rathmullen too.

I reckon the split of Nordies to Mexicans is approx 70/30.

Comment

I don't get it. A nice house in a handy area that's quite nice.

Comment

Cousin got married in Ramelton last weekend. Didn't go due to number restrictions. Grooms aunt found dead in the bed next morning. Keep your wits about you up there Duke.

Comment

I don't get it. A nice house in a handy area that's quite nice.
                                                                                                  Just commenting on the biddiing being up to 30% over asking already

Comment

Just commenting on the biddiing being up to 30% over asking already
                                                                                                    Ah yeah. It's madness out there!

Comment

Was watching a drama on the other night about the Salisbury poisonings.
                                                                                                      I remember it happening back in 2018 but had no idea of the massive mobilization of police and army experts in the sealing off of various sites and the cleanup of it.

Nasty stuff that Novichok and it doesnt wear off (it's less effective where water is present which may be why the Skrills survived as it was humid that day)

On our doorstep too the bastards!

Comment

Ah yeah. It's madness out there!
                                                                                                        Houses around me for sale now hitting peak 2006 prices (well asking about 10% under but assuming they'll at least bridge that). Neighbour down the road bought in between c2011 for €300k less, sitting pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

This is what I don’t understand if you are fully vaccinated what’s the worry ? Of course with this special virus you still get the thing even if vaccinated. I’m wondering when if ever the general population well question this shit. Got my own cert last week don’t feel like wearing it as a badge of pride
                                                                                                          Let me give you the other side of being cautious. Arrived in Kilkenny to see an old friend and go to an outdoor play at the arts festival together. I haven't seen her in four years but I knew she wouldn't be one for taking the vaccination.

Kiss on the cheek greeting and hug. About an hour later she mentions she had had Covid. When asks I? I got it on August the first says she. Ten days ago.

No warning despite our being due to meet since before that that she had contacted it and whether it was a good idea to meet, despite a vague message she works have to confirm she can make it.

No warning before kissing me. No giving me the option to make my own risk decisions for my and loved ones health. If I had known I wouldn't have met her this soon and wouldn't have kissed (almost anyone else I wouldn't have kissed either, but this was an exception due to our history).

Comment

Let me give you the other side of being cautious. Arrived in Kilkenny to see an old friend and go to an outdoor play at the arts festival together. I haven't seen her in four years but I knew she wouldn't be one for taking the vaccination.

Kiss on the cheek greeting and hug. About an hour later she mentions she had had Covid. When asks I? I got it on August the first says she. Ten days ago.

No warning despite our being due to meet since before that that she had contacted it and whether it was a good idea to meet, despite a vague message she works have to confirm she can make it.

No warning before kissing me. No giving me the option to make my own risk decisions for my and loved ones health. If I had known I wouldn't have met her this soon and wouldn't have kissed (almost anyone else I wouldn't have kissed either, but this was an exception due to our history).

that is stunning

Comment

She is the Rock Hudson of covid.. disgraceful behaviour

History .
                                                                                                              I know most people wont approve of the next question but I gotta ask. Was she familiar with the little buddah ? Might as well be hung for a sheep...

Comment

Anyone able to remind me exactly where in Donegal this beach is ? AFAIR its somewhere not far north of Burtonport

swMSOKc.jpg

Comment

Similar to one on Cruit but don't think its Tra Dhearg.

Comment

History .
                                                                                                                    I know most people wont approve of the next question but I gotta ask. Was she familiar with the little buddah ? Might as well be hung for a sheep...
                                                                                                                    Are you asking if she's a Buddhist? No she's not.

Comment

Still on for Friday pints DeadParrot Dice75 @couriercollie?
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

History .
                                                                                                                        Just have a feeling it was unrequited love. No reason just have a feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          Still on for Friday pints DeadParrot Dice75 @couriercollie?
                                                                                                                          Going to cinema with the wife for our first date since last March.
                                                                                                                          She surprised me today with tickets.

Probably bad form to nip off for pince afterwards.
                                                                                                                          ​​​
                                                                                                                          ​​​​​
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X