• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold.

Comment

That was intense. WP Kellie.

Comment

Was nearly a row in my gaff this morning. Me shouting like a lunatic at the tv for Kellie and the missus for Ferreira. She's not happy now especially after the Brazilian women lost the volleyball.

True grit of a champion on display. Losing first round and coming back to take the rest. Especially against such a decorated and dangerous opponent.

Comment

Only 5 days left to sign up for FPL. let's just say It's been a quiet start and while I hope some of the last minuters still show up I think it really shows how few of us are left. Soon it'll just be the hitch and raoul bots arguing for eternity
          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
            Was nearly a row in my gaff this morning. Me shouting like a lunatic at the tv for Kellie and the missus for Ferreira. She's not happy now especially after the Brazilian women lost the volleyball.

True grit of a champion on display. Losing first round and coming back to take the rest. Especially against such a decorated and dangerous opponent.
            Touch of class from the Brazilian girl helping Kellie up when she slipped. Two great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
              I put on 8lbs (for some reason I don't know kg) over lockdown too. If I put it on then anyone could as I'm not into food and eat small portions. I think it was mostly just not moving that did it. So over the past 6 weeks I went on a diet for the first time in my life and lost it.

It was fascinating to watch the psychology of it from the inside. Thoughts of being deprived of being able to eat what I wanted, a vague sense of the oppressiveness of it, maybe even that something was unfair. And this is with cutting out almost nothing - small bag of crisps from a 12 pack per day, a pizza every week / 10 days, a couple of biscuits maybe every 2 or 4 days, and the odd curry chips every 4 weeks maybe.

It made me really feel for dieters about how hard it must be for them, especially if they feel hungry, their bodies are used to eating a lot of stuff, or they love food / get some emotional comfort from it.
              An alcoholic can just avoid the pub and not buy booze, out of sight and all that. People who dont have weight issues cant seem to grasp we all need to eat and its so simple to overeat. For fatties, its a constant struggle.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Me head is like a fluffy pigeon .

From Portland Row to Tokyo- sing it Christy .

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

An alcoholic can just avoid the pub and not buy booze, out of sight and all that. People who dont have weight issues cant seem to grasp we all need to eat and its so simple to overeat. For fatties, its a constant struggle.
                  I'd wager the alcoholics would swap with the fatties in the addiction battle. ( counting myself as a fatty here )

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    Well this is clever...

Went looking for that series. Such an interesting take on the format. It’s like each comic is it’s own perfect closed time travel loop.

Last edited by Mellor; 08-08-21, 10:32.

Comment

GOAT
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Not sure if it was the Olympic spirit or the vaccine but my last run was the easiest I've had.

Don't think I've moved more than + or - 2kgs from my 67. Even with my haribo/ natural confectionery company addiction.

Mondelez were advertising for a data scientist in Dublin. Imagining the interview would be something like this but jellies.

https://.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOziWm_MJ9k
                        ​​​​​​

​​​​​​

Comment

Fucking hell!!

Comment

Boxing commentator with the spoiler result, ''Shes done it". Shut up and let the announcer go through his twaddle in 2 languages and let him call it. Say it ass soon as he calls it for added excitement.
                            Last edited by rounders123; 08-08-21, 13:49.

Comment

Fucking hell!!

Must have been a rush of shit to the head moment.
                              Like that boxer who attempted to bite his opponents ear.

Scumbag thing to do all right if deliberate and it's difficult to interpret it any other way.

If he makes any statement on it, he will probably try and claim heat fucked up his coordination or something to that effect.

Comment

What's the rule there?
                                Too much force/follow through?

Surely open to abuse if you just flop to the ground any time someone lands a decent strike.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                  I wonder what the % of British medals came from offspring of immigrants

Speaking of diet , irrespective of weight. I always feel great next morning when I've had a light evening food wise . My appetite is pretty ferocious but its definitely controllable. Think we all just need a target/ challenge . On it .
                                  So dinner yesterday was sourdough pizza (could have eaten another 1/2 pizza after) washed down with 14 bottles of beer!

Fridays dinner was chicken, skinny fries and peas washed down with 6 bottles of beer. Followed by full slab of HB raspberry ripple ice cream (4 sliders in a row)

14stone 11 pounds atm. (5ft 11Inches)

Big change required methinks

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

What's the rule there?
                                    Too much force/follow through?

Surely open to abuse if you just flop to the ground any time someone lands a decent strike.
                                    Excessive contact. Face shots should be controlled, light touches. It’s not full contact, hence the wild swings, and little defence.

Can definitely be gamed. Would probably be a warning, but other dudesaid he couldn’t continue so it became a DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                      Excessive contact. Face shots should be controlled, light touches. It’s not full contact, hence the wild swings, and little defence.

Can definitely be gamed. Would probably be a warning, but other dudesaid he couldn’t continue so it became a DQ.
                                      If he had caught him in the head rather than the neck, he'd have a much better case.
                                      As it stands, its point fighting not strictly combat sport.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Diet and Divorce.

If I do get divorced it will be due to herself saying oh dont order me any chips. Then eating out of my bag..

Comment

Hitch I can't stop thinking about you bringing six books away with you on holiday.

Just can't get my head around it.

Are you just indecisive, want a few options?

You're not gonna read six books surely?
                                          Two full days and 32 pages read. It's a failure of tragic proportions.
                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

gz. Few pince next Friday?
                                            I like the cut of your jib
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I like the cut of your jib
                                              Let's make it happen so. Rigger is a definite maybe so that's 3.5 of us.

Edit: Forgot Collie
                                              Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 08-08-21, 20:40.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm sure we can rustle up some numbers

Comment

De Chambeau is clearly good at the golfing, his wins and ranking can't be argued with.
                                                  But pretty much every time I switch on the golf on a Sunday he's having a nightmare - whether its falling over taking a tee-shot or spraying the ball at the spectators. Today I switched on just in time to see him in contention taking a shot at a par 3 - water, muffed pitch from the drop zone straight into a bunker, two putt for a triple bogey. Could still win mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    De Chambeau is clearly good at the golfing, his wins and ranking can't be argued with.
                                                    But pretty much every time I switch on the golf on a Sunday he's having a nightmare - whether its falling over taking a tee-shot or spraying the ball at the spectators. Today I switched on just in time to see him in contention taking a shot at a par 3 - water, muffed pitch from the drop zone straight into a bunker, two putt for a triple bogey. Could still win mind you.
                                                    He got a sick kick on the par 3 for a double . Heads drops when Plan A comes unstuck. That's the problem when you just have a Plan A .

Comment

Class Action Park on Sky Docs is some craic.

Comment

Class Action Park on Sky Docs is some craic.
                                                        What Tayto Park could have been, with vision!
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          He is slowly turning away from his “power” game. I think the writing is on the wall for him.

There is no doubt that hitting it closer to the hole is +EV. But he’s just not able to control it. Like he’s allllll over the place.

He’s arguably not even closer sometimes as he is so offline and other times he is closer but so out of position that he hasn’t a hope.

I think if he knows this and you’ll slowly see him dialing it back. Also his putting is awful lately.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

He is slowly turning away from his “power” game. I think the writing is on the wall for him.

There is no doubt that hitting it closer to the hole is +EV. But he’s just not able to control it. Like he’s allllll over the place.

He’s arguably not even closer sometimes as he is so offline and other times he is closer but so out of position that he hasn’t a hope.

I think if he knows this and you’ll slowly see him dialing it back. Also his putting is awful lately.
                                                            What ? Not a chance . He will still compete at the top level. He still has a great game. Sure DJ and Thomas are off the boil (writing on the wall?) and Bryson is doing better than Rory. Atm. It's hard to win in the pgatour.

just to add. I think he is being unduly harassed by idiots in the crowd every round these days. Brooks Brooks etc. a lot hate him and cant wait to get a dig in. When you consider how stuffy and pretentious golf is. It's really pathetic in my view .
                                                            Last edited by Solksjaer!; 09-08-21, 07:57.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

If he had caught him in the head rather than the neck, he'd have a much better case.
                                                              As it stands, its point fighting not strictly combat sport.
                                                              Yeah, that makes sense. It's somewhere between kata and fighting. But at that level, I expect both guys to be striking at fast as possible, which is going to result is some power transfer.

Find it sad to see the guy benefit from TKO that was the really the result of his own bad technique. I also think if the other guy lost a few points rather than a DQ he'd have found the energy to continue.

Comment

100% HH

Comment

I think for HH you'd need to remove the 'accidentally' from the Twitter one

Comment

On the FPL thing.

Had kids, Got busier with work. Less time to be pricking around with it.

Was always in for >€500 of action per season. Some players putting silly hours per week getting a team right whereas i started to forget deadlines.
                                                                    The enjoyment gone for me and knowingly donating money was no craic so let it go and very happy with that. Used to love it but started to hate it over time.
                                                                    I can't imagine how laborious the gameweek deadlines were last year if you were going to be playing at a high level.

Fantasy NFL though. Different altogether. MUCH better product and not as time consuming. Can't see me quitting that for some time.

Comment

Do you want to hear a nice story. My mother was in Meath street Grotto in the Liberties over the weekend. Some lady started chatting to her about the petition to retain the grotto after the council were trying to remove it. My mother was chatting away to her then she turned around to see the other lady with her, the other lady lifted her head. WHAT??? They locked familiar eyes . It was her teenage best friend who had emigrated over 60 years ago The girl who introduced her to my father , how the hell the recognised each other I’ll never know. My mother thought she was long dead as the girl had only one lung and wasn’t the healthiest even as a child. Looking around in the mothers house at the 50+ grandchildren and grandchildren etc, thinking none of them would exist if it weren’t for this one lung old wan in the Grotto who many years earlier had dragged my proresting teenage mother out on a blind date kicking and screaming. Funny ol life etc.

Comment

She she promptly give the one lunged woman a punch in the face?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                          She she promptly give the one lunged woman a punch in the face?
                                                                          She has a 2 lung only punch policy. Only for that , carnage .

Comment

Diet and Divorce.

If I do get divorced it will be due to herself saying oh dont order me any chips. Then eating out of my bag..
                                                                            WILLIE DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!

Comment

Kids surfing with dolphins having their lunch (the dolphins not the kids). Quite a sight.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer!
                                                                                What ? Not a chance . He will still compete at the top level. He still has a great game. Sure DJ and Thomas are off the boil (writing on the wall?) and Bryson is doing better than Rory. Atm. It's hard to win in the pgatour.

just to add. I think he is being unduly harassed by idiots in the crowd every round these days. Brooks Brooks etc. a lot hate him and cant wait to get a dig in. When you consider how stuffy and pretentious golf is. It's really pathetic in my view .
                                                                                I just mean in terms of this obsession with hitting it so hard. He will dial it back. I think he realizes it’s harming his game now.

He got a very solid game. He had before all this distance stuff. The distance stuff helped him find another level but it’s harming him now.

He could have won that yesterday if he didn’t try to smack the dimples off the ball every tee box.

I reckon he will come out and say he’s dialing things back in an interview somewhere soon.

On the brooksy thing. It would go away if he stopped responding to it. The chaps an idiot. He brings all this on himself. Waving to the cameras with a smug look after making a 6. Telling a kid “good one” when the say Brooksy to him. Playing slower than a wet week.

If he just copped on it’d all go away but every time the chap opens his mouth he puts his foot in it.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'm really enjoying this overrated book.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

I just mean in terms of this obsession with hitting it so hard. He will dial it back. I think he realizes it’s harming his game now.

He got a very solid game. He had before all this distance stuff. The distance stuff helped him find another level but it’s harming him now.

He could have won that yesterday if he didn’t try to smack the dimples off the ball every tee box.

I reckon he will come out and say he’s dialing things back in an interview somewhere soon.

On the brooksy thing. It would go away if he stopped responding to it. The chaps an idiot. He brings all this on himself. Waving to the cameras with a smug look after making a 6. Telling a kid “good one” when the say Brooksy to him. Playing slower than a wet week.

If he just copped on it’d all go away but every time the chap opens his mouth he puts his foot in it.
                                                                                    The slow play occurs when a ruling is needed. His playing partner English said he got a lot of call during the round. He mostly ignores it but sometimes it's a bit much. He is great for the game but the trads dont like it. English lost it yesterday himself due to being harassed by the officials not taking the water balls and wayward shots into account with the slow play rule. His idiocy is subjective, Brooks is a bigger idiot in my view but sure he is also great for the game . The more idiots the better . Anyway I'm team Brysonin case you haven't guessed

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                      On the FPL thing.

Had kids, Got busier with work. Less time to be pricking around with it.

Was always in for >€500 of action per season. Some players putting silly hours per week getting a team right whereas i started to forget deadlines.
                                                                                      The enjoyment gone for me and knowingly donating money was no craic so let it go and very happy with that. Used to love it but started to hate it over time.
                                                                                      I can't imagine how laborious the gameweek deadlines were last year if you were going to be playing at a high level.

Fantasy NFL though. Different altogether. MUCH better product and not as time consuming. Can't see me quitting that for some time.

The Friday night games have been an absolute nightmare for this. Plans completely coming unstuck because a fucking dud of a game on Friday kicking off at 6pm means you've not had any opportunity to make a change.

Oh also the kid thing - I don't even know what days some of the days are anymore.

Comment

Christmas jumper 6.45 Ballinrobe

Comment

FPL - Kev, DeadParrot, mdoug, hackers, roryc etc were just too fucking good at it for me to compete.

Comment

"Interestingly, we find ..."

Is super-used as code for "I thought one thing would be true, but it ended up being the exact opposite"

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

The Friday night games have been an absolute nightmare for this. Plans completely coming unstuck because a fucking dud of a game on Friday kicking off at 6pm means you've not had any opportunity to make a change.

Oh also the kid thing - I don't even know what days some of the days are anymore.
                                                                                              I had a good crack at it last season, got really into it as there was nothing to do only watch matches with the lockdown, but I'm thinking it will be a waste of time now with the small fella alright. I also put on the sympathy stone and a bit towards the end of the pregnancy that seriously needs to be halted now.

Our son (Conn) is seven weeks as of last Saturday. How old is your daughter now? How have ye found the first couple of months?

Comment

7 months old now. It's starting to get to be a bit of craic these days probably last 5/6 weeks have seen her be really engaging and mischievous which is pretty gas.

Can't remember a second of most of the first 12 weeks tbh, we had an awful time with feeding, she went from being 90th percentile in weight @birth to 1st before we managed to crack some stuff and she's back on track absolutely middle of the pack these days. Had a 4 week period where she put on 80grams, the nurse thought we were taking the piss.

The lack of sleep / sleep cycles utterly wiped me out. Short term memory an absolute joke, was in Aldi one day half way through first aisle and realised that I wasn't supposed to go to the shops, I was supposed to be dropping something to my brother. Hilarious amount of auto-piloting, but you just let the little voice in the back of the head run it for a while. Also the crankycuntitus is absolutely demonic with the exhaustion. Finding a spoon in the wrong section of the cutlery drawer could have me picking fights and herself was only doing marginally better!

Slowly but surely routines start to happen, you figure out how much stuff "just doesn't matter that much right now" (what / when you eat, what sport you were hoping to spy 10mins of, whether the dog gets to dodge a rainy walk etc) and time starts to appear again, not a lot of it mind, but some gaps where you can pretend to be in control of your own destiny again.

We did 3/4 weeks living in a mobile home down in Wexford which was class to get some headspace and try and get out from under the folks, still not in the house yet, but have done a swap and now the parents have been in Wexford for about the last month and we've just been robbing their house for the time being.

The work from home was a blessing and a curse for the start I think, great to be able to help out so frequently for little bits here/there during the day, awful to be able to help out so frequently for little bits here/there during the day too.

Comment

Think I blocked out those memories.

Gets easier with the second lads...
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I like this graph...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                      I like this graph...

Large dog would be my limit. I would be very skeptical of anyone who can claim chimpanzee or greater. I would reckon those people would have an overinflated sense of their own abilities.
                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Large dog would be my limit. I would be very skeptical of anyone who can claim chimpanzee or greater. I would reckon those people would have an overinflated sense of their own abilities.
                                                                                                        I'm shocked how many would be defeated by a rat.

As the hulk keeps reminding us we are but puny humans .

If strength was the deciding factor A chimp would probably bash your head in . I'd definitely cheat and use a weapon, fk the rules of this game.

Comment

I'm shocked how many would be defeated by a rat.

As the hulk keeps reminding us we are but puny humans .

If strength was the deciding factor A chimp would probably bash your head in . I'd definitely cheat and use a weapon, fk the rules of this game.
                                                                                                          Actually thinking about it, medium size dog would be my limit, eagles would probably win.

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Goose is misplaced surely. Those feckers are brutal.

Comment

London feels a bit different after 20 months away, how much is covid and how much is brexshit is hard to tell.
                                                                                                              Lots of small cafe's and shops closed or on reduced hours due to shortage of staff and the empty supermarket shelves really are a thing. There is something of a swagger in the step of the obviously Tory and far right elements you come across. The highly visible presence of armed police that feels like it is still terror related is a bit incongruous with very few people in town.
                                                                                                              Probably a very good time to visit as a tourist. You can get tickets to just about anything and the major tourist attractions seem to be less busy than usual even those on reduced capacity. All the free stuff like museums and galleries have to be booked online for timed entry. At the V&A I noticed a bit of a racket running if you try to book for the next few hours you can't find a free entry but you can buy entry to one of the exhibitions.
                                                                                                              Mask compliance is less than Ireland, I'd speculate about 70% in shops and 90% on public transport social distancing appears to be done with. Mostly I cycled everywhere but I did end up on one super crowded tube and it was very unpleasant. Could have gone over to the Vic to play a bit of cash but grandfatherly duties had me bollixed and in bed early and its probably just asking to get infected with the virus.
                                                                                                              Was great to be about to hang out with no1 grandchild we really missed an awful lot to the pandemic, video calls are great but only do so much. Unfortunately I'm back to the grind tomorrow and won't be around for the birth of no2 on Wednesday and it will probably be a couple of weeks before I can get back over.
                                                                                                              Flying in and out from Dublin was every bit as easy as ever, wasn't asked to show the covid cert coming in or out, arriving in Gatwick it was straight to the train without even seeing any controls. The Italian granny will have to fill in locator forms have a current pcr test before landing and another test after a few days in the UK.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                Think I blocked out those memories.

Gets easier with the second lads...
                                                                                                                The feeling that you are kinda seeing the edges of reality due to sleep deprevation manifesting as finding yourself in a random aisle in aldi resonated with me a lot

Felt I could see around corners at one stage

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1699610&d=1628535644&type=thumb Like this one

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have no idea what I did with my free time before the kids . Now iv developed into a skilled negotiator to get to the driving range . Still though , nice being a daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      The lack of sleep / sleep cycles utterly wiped me out. Short term memory an absolute joke, was in Aldi one day half way through first aisle and realised that I wasn't supposed to go to the shops, I was supposed to be dropping something to my brother. Hilarious amount of auto-piloting, but you just let the little voice in the back of the head run it for a while. Also the crankycuntitus is absolutely demonic with the exhaustion. Finding a spoon in the wrong section of the cutlery drawer could have me picking fights and herself was only doing marginally better!
                                                                                                                      I don't have kids but a lot of the above is sadly very familiar after the last 11 months of work.

Short term memory is gone to shit.

Can't remember the amount of times I've been due to call into my Dad and only remember when I'm either just about home or actually home and have to trek back across city.

Have regularly gone out to do something, got side tracked and come home only to realise that I never did the thing I went out to do.

Redonk amount of auto-piloting, especially driving to and from work. Would finish the drive and would literally not be able to remember anything of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I don't have kids but a lot of the above is sadly very familiar after the last 11 months of work.

Short term memory is gone to shit.

Can't remember the amount of times I've been due to call into my Dad and only remember when I'm either just about home or actually home and have to trek back across city.

Have regularly gone out to do something, got side tracked and come home only to realise that I never did the thing I went out to do.

Redonk amount of auto-piloting, especially driving to and from work. Would finish the drive and would literally not be able to remember anything of it.

How long can this continue ? Working yourself to death slight exaggeration but it can’t be good for you. By your own words the industry is chronically short staffed at least you have a partner and get to drink fine wines nice dinners at times. I see the single women my wife is friendly with all they have is work. They get ridden but by there bosses time and work wise. One girl normally 7 in the office down to 4 works till 10 every night and uses it as an excuse to not do anything else. My wife left the financial sector and started in the public sector she loves it not worked to death and has a good work life balance money is shyte but she’s got a couple of promotions flexi 7 hours 36 mins a day. Obv I’m not one to give career advice .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X