Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport isn’t gender divided, it’s sex divided.

and should remain so.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

If Messi decided he was a missy hed prolong his career by 20 years .

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
        Sport isn’t gender divided, it’s sex divided.

and should remain so.
        We should allow a very narrow range of DSDs into women's sport, for example androgen insentivity which means someone has male chromosones but is effectively female in nearly every way. Caster Semenya's case is more complicated as she has internal testicles and high T levels (and the other two women on the same podium in 2016). I can see that there is a judgement call to be made there, and why it went the way it did.

But Laurel Hubbard does not have a DSD. She was born with male bone structure, has undergone male puberty, and is not female other than in the ways her body has been surgically altered. A few years of cross sex hormones just don't have a big enough effect to consider her female for sporting purposes.
        Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 04-08-21, 17:54.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

We should allow a very narrow range of DSDs into women's sport, for example androgen insentivity which means someone has male chromosones but is effectively female in nearly every way. Caster Semenya's case is more complicated as she has internal testicles and high T levels (and the other two women on the same podium in 2016). I can see that there is a judgement call to be made there, and why it went the way it did.
          Thought it was bizarre on Monday that a few women who were not allowed run the 400m( due to testosterone levels), got to run the 200m. Hard to believe it's only an advantage between 400m and a mile. No doubt it's going to continue to be debated for some time.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Thought it was bizarre on Monday that a few women who were not allowed run the 400m( due to testosterone levels), got to run the 200m. Hard to believe it's only an advantage between 400m and a mile. No doubt it's going to continue to be debated for some time.
            Yeah the IOC made the narrowest possible ruling which was a mistake, but here we are now
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Infuriating.

This won’t help Strewels vendetta against the legal profession.

The union of just and moral is where this lies.

She might be entitled to it under Irish law (I haven’t the foggiest) or entitled to a shot at it, but morally speaking could she be that person. I guess people are shitty man.

I say that knowing I don’t know the full story or the the level of vitriol in the breakup.

I’ve learned that just moving on and getting the mental space right again is worth so much more to a person than any sort of bad blood or prolonged engagement. But maybe that’s just me.

And it’s also easy to say with the benefit of having zero experience in the matter.
              Don't hate the player - the Lawyer would probably be breaking the law (and if it's not a law it should be) by not suggesting the highest EV play to the woman. If she wants to give up some of her entitlement for sentimental reasons that should be her decision to make with the full knowledge of what she is giving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

How common is this? Maybe if there's child minding involved it warrants a discussion, but otherwise?
                How often do people get married and not have kids? Anecdotal of course, but all the married couples I know around my age have kids.

Comment

Interesting, but hard to disagree with any of it.

I do notice a big switch in gears around marriage the last 10 years or so, whereas before it was always (at least to me) communicated as hard but rewarding work.

Now though there is a new veneer to society, rooted in selfishness, that if the relationship isn’t perfect for you all the time, go find one that is. I believe that leads to more unhappiness as now you’ve just ramped up already unreasonable expectations to new levels.

Humans are social creatures but independent thinkers. Tough oul nut.
                  I thought this is a very interesting post, so I hope you don't mind if I disagree a little, more with the framing than the conclusion.

What I'm most interested in is this part: "rooted in selfishness"

Once you ascribe the term selfishness to some trend, you cast it in a purely negative framing. Nothing good comes from selfishness. However, the concept of selfishness is entirely subjective and depends totally on one's moral opinions.

Almost every liberal advance would be considered to be selfish by conservatives before it became commonplace. But interestingly, almost every selfish act can be portrayed in a positive light.

Is someone choosing to end a negative relationship selfish? Or are they prioritising their own mental health over the sanctity of a legal union? In the past people stayed in marriages for societal and religious reasons - so it makes total sense that the number of divorces increases as we slowly take the shackles of the crazy cult we call religion.

If you believe that divorces are inherently bad, and we should avoid them - a much better avenue to reduce them is rather than portraying divorcees in a bad light, making it much harder or less acceptable to get married! People should be encouraged to only get married after a long time together, perhaps decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I thought this is a very interesting post, so I hope you don't mind if I disagree a little, more with the framing than the conclusion.

What I'm most interested in is this part: "rooted in selfishness"

Once you ascribe the term selfishness to some trend, you cast it in a purely negative framing. Nothing good comes from selfishness. However, the concept of selfishness is entirely subjective and depends totally on one's moral opinions.

Almost every liberal advance would be considered to be selfish by conservatives before it became commonplace. But interestingly, almost every selfish act can be portrayed in a positive light.

Is someone choosing to end a negative relationship selfish? Or are they prioritising their own mental health over the sanctity of a legal union? In the past people stayed in marriages for societal and religious reasons - so it makes total sense that the number of divorces increases as we slowly take the shackles of the crazy cult we call religion.

If you believe that divorces are inherently bad, and we should avoid them - a much better avenue to reduce them is rather than portraying divorcees in a bad light, making it much harder or less acceptable to get married! People should be encouraged to only get married after a long time together, perhaps decades.
                    This is a broad topic and is best served over a few scoops (as Jbravado would suggest).

but let me state a few things cos I think it’ll help somewhat explain what I am trying to get at (badly).

I do think good things come from selfishness.
                    I don’t think noping out of a bad relationship is a bad thing.
                    I don’t believe divorces are inherently bad.

I see things in my own life and thinking and that if my peer group or even younger peers that I would describe as selfish things like:

when their relationship isn’t 100% perfect, noping out prematurely.

when their job isn’t bending to their will, leaving and finding another.

Both those scenarios can be described as selfish, but as you astutely pointed out, can also be portrayed in a positive light.

it comes down to (old man shouts at cloud) that I see a trend of instant gratification and selfish impulsive decisions, rather than the ones you describe of thoughtful selfishness.

I’m not sure any of that makes any more sense than my original post but there you have it.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Ultimately we should all be selfish I think. The selfish gene and all that.

The Buddhists we have here and their wisdom prob eye rolling at me there.

Selfish, not impulsive I guess.

Comment

The Buddhist view, quite apart from morality, is that being selfish is the cause of your suffering. To the extent that you can let go of things being about you then to that extent you will experience happiness and freedom.

The selfish gene has got nothing to do with human happiness and well being.

Comment

Buddhists often get a free pass when it comes to discussing the merits of religions - but they allow animals to needlessly suffer because of their particular brand of self-delusion that prohibits euthanasia regardless of circumstance, so fuck them too. I had a friend who volunteered at an Elephant sanctuary that was left with a deep and abiding hatred of Buddhists because of this. There was an Elephant there with three legs that was shunned by the rest of the elephants and slowly destroying its own spine by walking but managed to live on in agony for years. All life is suffering indeed.

Comment

How often do people get married and not have kids? Anecdotal of course, but all the married couples I know around my age have kids.
                            3/8 of my close friends are married with no kids. Her sister is the same. I can think offhand straight away of 3 regs here too.

A quick google throws up a 10% figure
                            Last edited by Dice75; 04-08-21, 20:36.

Comment

I’ve been pondering the kids thing lately.

Fucking puppy has me run ragged, I legit don’t think I have it in me to raise kids.

That’s selfish too I guess.

Comment

Buddhists often get a free pass when it comes to discussing the merits of religions - but they allow animals to needlessly suffer because of their particular brand of self-delusion that prohibits euthanasia regardless of circumstance, so fuck them too. I had a friend who volunteered at an Elephant sanctuary that was left with a deep and abiding hatred of Buddhists because of this. There was an Elephant there with three legs that was shunned by the rest of the elephants and slowly destroying its own spine by walking but managed to live on in agony for years. All life is suffering indeed.
                                Speaking of brands of delusion.

I have a buddy here, acquaintance say, not really buddy buddy but I did call him the other day apropos of nothing to see how he’s getting on so maybe closer to buddy than I like to admit but anyway.

He is dating a Mormon girl.
                                She was in University and living at University 4 hours away from him for the last 4 years.
                                She’s a doctor now and doing her placement.

She decided she wanted to do in in Goose Bay (Google it). Literally the place couldn’t be further from civilization.

So buddy moves out there with her.
                                They aren’t married so her parents can’t know.
                                They don’t know they live together .
                                They are visiting this month.
                                Buddy is working a min wage job at the airport.
                                His missus is insisting he move out of their new shared place when her parents come (for a month).

It’s all so very weird man.

Part of me thinks my buddy is in a dark and lost place.

Comment

Speaking of brands of delusion.

I have a buddy here, acquaintance say, not really buddy buddy but I did call him the other day apropos of nothing to see how he’s getting on so maybe closer to buddy than I like to admit but anyway.

He is dating a Mormon girl.
                                  She was in University and living at University 4 hours away from him for the last 4 years.
                                  She’s a doctor now and doing her placement.

She decided she wanted to do in in Goose Bay (Google it). Literally the place couldn’t be further from civilization.

So buddy moves out there with her.
                                  They aren’t married so her parents can’t know.
                                  They don’t know they live together .
                                  They are visiting this month.
                                  Buddy is working a min wage job at the airport.
                                  His missus is insisting he move out of their new shared place when her parents come (for a month).

It’s all so very weird man.

Part of me thinks my buddy is in a dark and lost place.
                                  This sounds like the premise of a movie. Hopefully a romantic comedy and not a thriller.

Comment

I have a wife and 3 cats

Comment

Did your friend ask the Elephant if the humans should decide his fate ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

3/8 of my close friends are married with no kids. Her sister is the same. I can think offhand straight away of 3 regs here too.

A quick google throws up a 10% figure
                                        Huh, I thought it would be higher - maybe 20%.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I have a wife and 3 cats
                                          I have a wife 1 monkey and 1 tasmanian devil.

Comment

Anyway, it seems readily apparent that the gene pool is being appropriately strengthened by the choices of those on here.

Comment

From experience and observation: no man has a clue what they're in for once the test is positive.

Luckily the wimminz are better at such matters.

Comment

There is no prohibition on euthanasia regardless of circumstances in Buddhism, and the idea is incoherent. There is no authority to make such a prohibition. So who prohibits it when there is no authority to prohibit anything?

And on the example you gave, I have relatives in chronic pain but that doesn't mean their life isn't precious to them. Nor would I take it upon myself to decide their fate.

The all life is suffering quote is a misconception. This is not a Buddhist viewpoint, but rather a mistranslation / misunderstanding of the first Noble Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Did your friend ask the Elephant if the humans should decide his fate ?
                                                  Should vets get animals consent? Should babies be denied life-saving medical interventions because they can't give consent? Consent can only be required when it could reasonably be given.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

There is no prohibition on euthanasia regardless of circumstances in Buddhism, and the idea is incoherent. There is no authority to make such a prohibition. So who prohibits it when there is no authority to prohibit anything?
                                                    You can't absolve Buddhists that easily! It is a common belief, and practice amongst Buddhists that all euthanasia is wrong, because of the principles they have been indoctrinated with. So even though there may be no Pope like figure issuing edicts, it is the religion itself responsible for the suffering it causes. If this religion was removed, the issue would go away.

And on the example you gave, I have relatives in chronic pain but that doesn't mean their life isn't precious to them. Nor would I take it upon myself to decide their fate.
                                                    Human Euthnasia is illegal in this country, so it's debatable whether even they get to decide their fate. In any case, I don't see the relevance given they are able to voice their own opinion, and their situation is totally different.

Comment

Should vets get animals consent? Should babies be denied life-saving medical interventions because they can't give consent? Consent can only be required when it could reasonably be given.
                                                      Or reasonably declined. ? I'm really talking about our arrogance as humans to decide the fate of animals based on our own perception of pain tolerance. Animals know a lot more about their end game than we think. I merely base this knowledge on growing up watching that Attenborough chap. . Ie I know nothing myself of it.
                                                      A lot of animals are put to sleep to make us feel better about ourselves imo. Not counting food .

Comment

The all life is suffering quote is a misconception. This is not a Buddhist viewpoint, but rather a mistranslation / misunderstanding of the first Noble Truth.
                                                        That's interesting, and got me thinking. You clearly know infinitely more about Buddhism than me. Do you have problems with any of the core tenets? Or perhaps how they get commonly misapplied? I would love to hear your viewpoint.

Comment

I've for years thought that people should have to do at least 40 hours of marriage counselling before they get married. And not by some Catholic Advisory Council. Just seems strange that people wait until it's falling apart before the try getting some proper advice.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                            This is a fantastic piece of writing..

https://m.independent.ie/sport/other...-40713796.html
                                                            I couldn't agree more. Gonna follow him and his writing now.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I've for years thought that people should have to do at least 40 hours of marriage counselling before they get married. And not by some Catholic Advisory Council. Just seems strange that people wait until it's falling apart before the try getting some proper advice.

2 main reasons for divorce are infidelity or some sort of addiction. Not really things you could "plan" for in counselling tbf.
                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

2 main reasons for divorce are infidelity or some sort of addiction. Not really things you could "plan" for in counselling tbf.
                                                                Poor match is surely the fundamental driver.
                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'd imagine the biggest single factor in whether someone gets divorced is whether their parents got divorced.

Comment

Some top posts today.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      I'd imagine the biggest single factor in whether someone gets divorced is whether their parents got divorced.
                                                                      That doesn't sound right. Do you have anything to back that up?
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        Athletes have benefited from genetic differences always.
                                                                        Double jointed swimmers, bjorn borg's heart rate, sprinters twitch muscles, basketball players height...
                                                                        None of those things are contrary to the structure of the relevant sports though. The NBA isn't segregated based on height. If they were, they those advantages would exclude you from sport. Many sports are segregated based on weight (wrestling, weightlifting, all combat sports, rowing, etc) if somebody's genetic predisposition meant they there were over the weightlimit, then they cannot compete, if those it's a natural advantage it excludes them.

Most sports are however segregated by sex. I don't see how any of those examples are the same.

I said years ago on this thread the ruling as more down to future proofing trans athletes
                                                                        but I don;t think someone should be restricted to compete by their own body chemistry.
                                                                        I support trans-rights in general. But the reality is that sports are segregated by sex, for obvious reasons. Being trans, doesn't solve a lot of those issues.

You have a martial arts background right. Say there's a black belt kickboxer, fed up with coming 3rd in his division. Turns up to competition and enters the womens division. Proceeds to kick the heads of the women in the division. Collects a gold. Do you think that's ok? Should he be unrestricted by his genetic make up and body chemistry? I've yet to hear any reasonable justification for that.

Comment

But Laurel Hubbard does not have a DSD. She was born with male bone structure, has undergone male puberty, and is not female other than in the ways her body has been surgically altered. A few years of cross sex hormones just don't have a big enough effect to consider her female for sporting purposes.
                                                                          Completely agree with all this.
                                                                          The range of DSDs where it can be permitted is very narrow. It's best decided on a case by case basis.
                                                                          There are a few check boxes that would be strong evidence in favour of a no, and Caster Semenya ticks all or most of them. It's unfortunate, but as it's not due to her actions.

Laurel Hubbard does not have a leg to stand on. It's the equivalent as some body doping for a decade, then completing clean for a few years. Steroids are not a temporary or short term benefit.
                                                                          Some of the drugs she would have taken to transition are on the banned list.
                                                                          Last edited by Mellor; 05-08-21, 09:03.

Comment

Theresa

It sounds like your buddy is in an abusive relationship.

Obviously there is a shade of grey to any situation we dont live ourselves, but ultimately I'd imagine he has to find the self worth to see what happens if he walks away from his girl.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                              Theresa

It sounds like your buddy is in an abusive relationship.

Obviously there is a shade of grey to any situation we dont live ourselves, but ultimately I'd imagine he has to find the self worth to see what happens if he walks away from his girl.
                                                                              What part of it strikes you as abusive? I find that curious tbh.

I don't agree with the religious moral compass, but can understand how an ultra-christian family would have those views. I don't think I'd be offended by a GF not being able to tell her family about me. Personally, I'd see the parents-girlfriend relationship as the harmful one.

Comment

Edward Snowden having a barney with Taleb

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

That doesn't sound right. Do you have anything to back that up?
                                                                                  No. But learned behaviour is huge, so I'm only guessing.

Comment

The wife went down to the vaccine centre and said any chance of an auld early jab (she had a text invite for next Monday), and is now double jabbed in advance of our holiday tomorrow. We're a great little country in fairness to us. Hopefully ferry plus secondjabitis isn't too bad.

Comment

No. But learned behaviour is huge, so I'm only guessing.
                                                                                      I've certainly noticed this in friends whose parents split up. i.e. that they seem more likely to themselves be in failed relationships.

Had quite a serious girlfriend back in the day whose parents went through a nasty acrimonious split when she was young. Was very noticeable that she and all of her siblings jumped out of relationships as soon as the possibility of actual long-term commitment was mentioned. Pattern was repeated with me (literally within 24 hours of the prospect of buying a house being floated, although clearly the appalling vista of a life with me may also have contributed to this haste ).

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

What part of it strikes you as abusive? I find that curious tbh.

I don't agree with the religious moral compass, but can understand how an ultra-christian family would have those views. I don't think I'd be offended by a GF not being able to tell her family about me. Personally, I'd see the parents-girlfriend relationship as the harmful one.
                                                                                        This would have been fairly normal until very recent times in Ireland, no?

Couple shacked up in Dublin but sleep in separate bedrooms once they visit the parents down the country. Everyone fully aware of the hypocrisy involved but sensitivities respected.

Hardly 'abusive'.

Comment

I'd say the highest % of divorces are just people getting a pain in their bollocks with their spouses after 20y+ (i.e. GAB & RD's example in Chapter One). Kids can probably drag it out an extra 10-15 years. Both divorces currently in progress I know are childless in their mid 40s.

Comment

I mentioned the whole thing to the wife and she suggested we get two entrances rather than sell up if it ever comes to it, so as not to degrade our life circumstances. I feel she was on the cusp of saying 'I actually have more detail laid out in a handy short powerpoint' so I quickly moved the subject on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              I'd say the highest % of divorces are just people getting a pain in their bollocks with their spouses after 20y+ (i.e. GAB & RD's example in Chapter One). Kids can probably drag it out an extra 10-15 years. Both divorces currently in progress I know are childless in their mid 40s.
                                                                                              Mid-40s is probably the last point at which you might realistically think - if I hit the gym hard I could make myself respectable enough to be a catch. So it's maybe the last decent life junction.

Comment

Mid-40s is probably the last point at which you might realistically think - if I hit the gym hard I could make myself respectable enough to be a catch. So it's maybe the last decent life junction.
                                                                                                A 60-70 y/o single man will be fighting off the ladies more than any other age group imo - especially if he's widowed\divorced and thus proven to be somewhat housebroken.

Comment

Investment update.

Due to a recent rise in cryptos, I can finally look at the crypto portfolio again without crying.

You might remember the journey so far as:

1. Snuck away a bit of cash during the first lockdown and boredom-bought ethereum. Selling it for a minor gain, when it would now be worth a mini fortune (€32,000). Got a few grand for this. Used some of it to buy crappy IKEA furniture and some to invest in the mighty Joe Biden.

2. Ended up as part of an epic BBV gamble on the bould Irishman Biden - €4,500 invested and €7,500 returned. I think that was it anyway.

3. That, plus a little bit more, ended up going into AIB, when it was valued as a dead duck. The market has now realised that even dead ducks can be highly profitable in the morbid Irish banking market. €8,500 in, €15,000 back.

That, plus a little bit more, ended up going into cryptos. A pretty wild journey. €17,500 in, and as of today its valued at a small bit over breakeven. But has been valued as low as €12,000 in recent weeks. Investment consists mainly of polkadot and a few plots of virtual land in a metaverse.

It has been so ridiculously rewarding though, even despite the swings and swings, and the current breakeven status (which could easily reverse, €1,000 plus swings in any given day are standard). What a fascinating area. Cowboys, hope, and scams and dreams.

Comment

There's no way the people in this center are the same age as me.

Comment

Are they older or younger do you reckon?

Also I win the last longest.

Comment

^ What's the CGT situation for all the crypto?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                          ^ What's the CGT situation for all the crypto?
                                                                                                          Well theres a lack of G in the CGT to worry about for now. But it's standard 33%, i presume?

Comment

Well theres a lack of G in the CGT to worry about for now. But it's standard 33%, i presume?
                                                                                                            surely gambling winnings

Comment

That's interesting, and got me thinking. You clearly know infinitely more about Buddhism than me. Do you have problems with any of the core tenets? Or perhaps how they get commonly misapplied? I would love to hear your viewpoint.
                                                                                                              In my view there is as much utter nonsense in Buddhism as in any other religion. But also a lot of wonderful things. And you can take the good without having to believe or subscribe to the nonsense. So I disagree with fundamental aspects of Buddhism which arose out of the Indian religious and cultural world views of 2500 years ago. I don't believe in the Indian idea of Samsara where beings are reincarnated life after life, not even the very modified souless Buddhist version.

I don't believe in the Law of Karma as commonly understood in Buddhism, though again that is very different to the non-Buddhist Law of Karma that everyone is vaguely familiar with.

As for the application of ethics in Buddhist countries. Ethics is very difficult and impossible to get completely right. People are fallible, and ethical challenges sometimes don't have clear answers. And Buddhist ethics is practical but philosophically underdeveloped as Buddhist philosophers never really had an interest in ethics. But I would suggest that practising Buddhists have a good shot at being ethical, as not only do they commit to ethical precepts of speech and action, but they train their minds in order to have the appropriate mental states of awareness, kindness, and non-reactivity which will more likely give rise to wholesome speech and action.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

surely gambling winnings
                                                                                                                Nope, Revenue has it classified as an asset so is subject to CGT. Can offset the losses against other gains also.
                                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Also the threshold for the annual CGT exemption is ridiculously small. Can't remember the last time it changed but should be a lot higher due to inflation etc...

Comment

Also the threshold for the annual CGT exemption is ridiculously small. Can't remember the last time it changed but should be a lot higher due to inflation etc...
                                                                                                                    Very hard to make a few quid on non-pension wrapped investments in Ireland. We really should have the equivalent of ISAs here.
                                                                                                                    Types of ISA available, the tax-free ISA allowance, withdrawing money and transferring ISAs
                                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

This would have been fairly normal until very recent times in Ireland, no?

Couple shacked up in Dublin but sleep in separate bedrooms once they visit the parents down the country. Everyone fully aware of the hypocrisy involved but sensitivities respected.

Hardly 'abusive'.
                                                                                                                      That was exactly what I thinking.
                                                                                                                      Or the daughter at college living with her friend. Conviently not mention the boyfriend whose there’s every night to her parents.

Comment

It would probably cost almost nothing to raise the limit to €10k. Allow people a bit of a chance to accumulate stuff.

Comment

It would probably cost almost nothing to raise the limit to €10k. Allow people a bit of a chance to accumulate stuff.
                                                                                                                          most people making small gains (but > the threshold) don't self-declare them anyway, I know I never did in the past

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X