This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Italy usually have their moments recently, just when you have given up on them.
    Prophetic stuff.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Can't see England being too bothered by either of these.
      This is the worst performance of Italy so far. They've played the best football of the tournament so far by a country mile.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

This is the worst performance of Italy so far. They've played the best football of the tournament so far by a country mile.
        If Spain had a finisher they'd be going home tonight. Really average in midfield.

Comment

Mancini was a great player iirc from that C4 Futbol Italia show?

Comment

I thought Louise Kennedy's collection of short stories was a great read.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

No 1 Son is at it in an Italian jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                I'm surprised that we are not hearing more from the virologists who think the major risk he's taking is that letting delta run wild in a population with that mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated is an ideal petri dish to create an epsilon variant that can dodge the vaccine.
                Agree with the thought behind this, though they will have to call it something else. Epsilon has already been used for what was called the Californian variant last year.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

No 1 Son is at it in an Italian jersey
                  SP BBVs an entire nation.

Nice goal tbf.

Comment

Most extra times in a major tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                      Most own goals as well

Comment

Italy doing a good impression of Ireland under Big Jack.

Get ball, kick up in air, give ball back, defend, repeat.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1696863&d=1625606491&type=thumb
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hope we get some decent soccer and no play acting.
                            In fairness, there was very little BS. Thought the ref was excellent too.

Comment

Originally posted by Des View Post

Hello!

I'm in the car rental sector.

95% of suppliers require a CC (don't ask me which ones don't) - if you use a comparison site you should see "Debit Card Accepted" thing for the ones, or maybe even a filter for that - they'll probably cost more though.

Also, almost every rental company sold 90% of their fleet last summer, to remain liquid, and for various reasons are finding it very difficult to buy new cars, so prices are off the charts at the moment anyway.

Have heard stories of prices up to 10x the 2019 prices in some destinations, and horror stories of people rocking up to desks on the balearics only to be told there are absolutely no cars in the airport at all.

Tread carefully
                              Sound for that! Need to get it sorted. Will be for a trip in Ireland. Might just have to get an an post credit card for the sake of it. Really need a car for the trip.

Last time I did it I was able to convince one of the places at the airport to do me a deal without cc, had to pay for the full insurance which cost a decent bit extra. Would be easier to scope out if I wasnt working from home.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Better team lost imo. Italy look really limited on that evidence. England will stuff them.

Using the powers of BBV for the correct purpose

Comment

Super cool winner, our lad was right behind the goal where the penos were taken.

Comment

Better team lost imo. Italy look really limited on that evidence. England will stuff them.

Using the powers of BBV for the correct purpose
                                    They had an off night. England v Scotland wasnt that great.

The Danes not out of it. .

Saw the white

Comment

England to win the tournament without conceding and Pickford to get a knighthood.

Comment

Denmark on penalties 12/1

Then it would be No 1 Son v No 2 Son's adopted countries for the final

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                          Is that true?
                                          I'd guess it must be for the Euros because this is only the second Euros with a 16 team knockout.
                                          Though I'd be almost sure that Italia '90 wins, every game there seemed to go to extra time. (off top of my head all of Englands, all of Argentinas, Ireland v Romania)

Comment

Denmark on penalties 12/1

Then it would be No 1 Son v No 2 Son's adopted countries for the final
                                            Herring vs salami. Tough pick.

Comment

Called in to Connolly's seafood on the way home from the jab earlier.

Cracking shop. Picked up a load of goodies.

Did two wild seabass fillets on the Weber, grilled lemon with them to add to the flavour. They were stunning.

A dill butter melted into baked potatos and some steamed Samphire. Potatos coated in melted butter and salt before going in, gorgeous crispy skin.

I think it was the tastiest dish I've ever cooked.

Have some mackerel fillets that I'll prob do for lunch tomorrow, and a Monkfish stir fry for dinner.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I was rooting for Spain, they played some beautiful positive attacking quick passing football, they just cant shoot. Lack that last bit of composure to get the knee over the ball and just get it on target. Back to the training ground for them.

Comment

Feeling rough this morning. Rotten sleep full of fever dreams. Should have brought paracetamol up with me but didn't think of it. Seems to have worked this morn.

Real heavy DOMS too from some training at the weekend just to add to the mix.

Comment

Time flies!!

IMG_20210707_075542.jpg IMG_20210707_075524.jpg
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Career related puzzle for the BBV.

I've been at my current company for almost 3 years. Initially on contract for 9 month, direct for the last 2 years. Since moving to direct/salary I haven't had a performance review. I can let that slide for 2020 given the madness. So requesting a review this week. The usually stuff, KPIs, pay review, where do you see yourself etc.
                                                      I'm pretty happy here, and I think I seen and a valuable resource for the team and wider office.
                                                      I'm pretty much at a point where a promotion to the only real progression other than minor salary bumps. No idea what the timeframe might be for that or if it's even an option right now.
                                                      I'd be happy to continue here as is regardless, however...

...former colleague has from a spanner into the works. She's recommend me to her boss for a role at their company - which is commercial real estate focused rather than design.
                                                      I've met the boss for coffee, went well. He's basically said he wants me to jump over. Send me a job description, which is basically a promotion in title. No idea what the salary is, but they are a billion dollar fortune 500 type company, it's not gonna be shit. I'd rather not move, but there's a very real chance that the offer will be too good to turn down.

I'm kinda in a bizarre mindset where I'm hoping the current management are pricks in my review, or the offer is similar to current. So it's an easy decision.
                                                      But most likely it's going to be a good review, and a great offer. This is not a bad "problem" to have - I just want it to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                        Called in to Connolly's seafood on the way home from the jab earlier.

Cracking shop. Picked up a load of goodies.

Did two wild seabass fillets on the Weber, grilled lemon with them to add to the flavour. They were stunning.

A dill butter melted into baked potatos and some steamed Samphire. Potatos coated in melted butter and salt before going in, gorgeous crispy skin.

I think it was the tastiest dish I've ever cooked.

Have some mackerel fillets that I'll prob do for lunch tomorrow, and a Monkfish stir fry for dinner.
                                                        Fish on the bbq is too good.

Love this mackerel recipe from Ramsey. Few tenderstem broccoli into the oven the same time as the fish.

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I've been at my current company for almost 3 years. Initially on contract for 9 month, direct for the last 2 years. Since moving to direct/salary I haven't had a performance review. I can let that slide for 2020 given the madness. So requesting a review this week. The usually stuff, KPIs, pay review, where do you see yourself etc.
                                                          I'm pretty happy here, and I think I seen and a valuable resource for the team and wider office.
                                                          I'm pretty much at a point where a promotion to the only real progression other than minor salary bumps. No idea what the timeframe might be for that or if it's even an option right now.

...former colleague has from a spanner into the works. She's recommend me to her boss for a role at their company - which is commercial real estate focused rather than design.
                                                          I've met the boss for coffee, went well. He's basically said he wants me to jump over. Send me a job description, which is basically a promotion in title. No idea what the salary is, but they are a billion dollar fortune 500 type company, it's not gonna be shit. I'd rather not move, but there's a very real chance that the offer will be too good to turn down.

I'm kinda in a bizarre mindset where I'm hoping the current management are pricks in my review, or the offer is similar to current. So it's an easy decision.
                                                          But most likely it's going to be a good review, and a great offer. This is not a bad "problem" to have - I just want it to be easy.
                                                          Surely you want to get a great offer and then either get an equally great counteroffer or else move. Win\Win.

The review is essentially meaningless here.

Comment

Looks to me like Ireland will likely be ahead of both the UK and the US in vaccination rates within 4-6 weeks.

Pretty impressive delivery imo by an organisation not noted for efficiency. I wonder does the HSE learn from this long-term or just go back to business as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Fish on the bbq is too good.

Love this mackerel recipe from Ramsey. Few tenderstem broccoli into the oven the same time as the fish.

Oh that looks incredible. Cheers.

Comment

On the midweek rotation for me. Effort to taste ratio is fantastic
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Super cool winner, our lad was right behind the goal where the penos were taken.
                                                                  This him?

Comment

Scroll down to the comment section of it..some great insults!

Comment

Looks to me like Ireland will likely be ahead of both the UK and the US in vaccination rates within 4-6 weeks.

Pretty impressive delivery imo by an organisation not noted for efficiency. I wonder does the HSE learn from this long-term or just go back to business as usual.
                                                                      HSE hardly responsible for the registration software ? I would be shocked if it wasn't outsourced to the private sector. Wayyyyyyy too efficient.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

HSE hardly responsible for the registration software ? I would be shocked if it wasn't outsourced to the private sector. Wayyyyyyy too efficient.
                                                                        They're the ones actually doing the jabbing

Comment

They're the ones actually doing the jabbing
                                                                          My first one was done by army people in uniform.

Comment

That's some pessimistic outlook

Comment

I'm not sure how that would be possible - we are currently at around 75% of the UK rate.
                                                                              Even if they completely stopped from today (which obviously they won't) It would be marginal to make up that gap in 4-6 weeks.
                                                                              We are definitely in a phase of catching up though.

Comment

Have you been eating fish before bedtime ala Lazare? Apparently you get bizarre dreams.

Poor vaccine gets the blame for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I'm not sure how that would be possible - we are currently at around 75% of the UK rate.
                                                                                  Even if they completely stopped from today (which obviously they won't) It would be marginal to make up that gap in 4-6 weeks.
                                                                                  Shurrup we are better than them. We need this let it go.

Its coming home Apparently

Comment

People gasping for breath and bent over is not how we want to start the winter. Move it to Summer 22 .

Comment

In your review you put forward A) why you are valuable and deserve more or B) State the market has moved with whatever metric you have and you feel you are worth X now, if this is the case.
                                                                                      If you already get the offer first, you can push for it btw, then you can mention it and go for counteroffer kind of stuff. Take into account what each company can give you in the future, ability for growth, how much you like where you are and the work, vs the work you'll be doing and so on. When you have both offers and opinions from your current place it'll be easier to choose.

I did my review yesterday, with 10 minutes notice haha. It was made clear that I was valuable from my boss. I was talking about similar kind of stuff, particularly how the market had moved and the offers people were coming to me with were a lot more than what I currently get and my boss was quite surprised. Was then talking about what kind of growth I wanted at this company if I were to stay. It is kind of a tough position as I am enjoying managing people, but it is only an odd grad here and there, mentor + manage dealio and I want to lead a bigger team. It's not really a possibility atm due to the flat structure and size of the company that there is even anybody to manage, so we were trying to figure out how I can progress and be happy here, but not sure how. Some sort of leadership/management course? Not sure I need that but something to do?

I love working there but not sure how it will go since I am getting people coming to me offering to lead their software teams, and pay me a lot more, and perhaps neither will materialise at my current company, as although my boss can push for the pay, recently other engineers of similar experience were just brought up to my pay band as I had earned more for years, so then it may be hard to say we want to push him ahead further again. And as I said, ain't much people to be managing.

Comment

Managing people sucks Tar.

Comment

Fuck.

They said they were going to make a decision on July 15th.

Been meaning to work out a plan B. Better get thinking about then.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

They're both decelerating and we're accelerating. Let's look again in 6 weeks when we all have the Kildare variant.

Comment

I'd imagine that is a KBC sponsorship issue than covid. At least i hope so. Anyone that wants a vaccine will be double jabbed with a Vax Passport in place for anyone else that wants to run it by the end of bloddy October,. If Nphet and the likes have their hands in that and we are cancelling outdoor gatherings after all the above is done when does it end? Not that hard to stagger the start.

Electric Picnic still on for now a month before that so you can say goodbye to that.

Comment

They do that for all suspected communists

Comment

The National Portrait Gallery (inside the National Gallery) is a minor, but very definite, gem.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Diff strokes for diff folks but find those old portrait galleries to be so boring, much prefer the RHA! Love when they are displaying portraits by local artists.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-07-21, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                      Diff strokes for diff folks but find those old portrait galleries to be so boring, much prefer the RHA! Love when they are displaying portraits by local artists.
                                                                                                      Yeah agree, for sure the RHA is the best. The annual exhibition is great each year, think it's in September.

Portraits of old rich cunts don't do much for me, but I do love some of the huge pieces in the national gallery with loads going on. Like the one of the old donnybrook fair.
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

So I’m now part of an underground network of occult and esoterica manuscript traders it would appear.

Life goal achieved.

The dirty deed was done dirt cheap-ish ( a perfectly reasonable e350 for the lot originally priced at e500) and my man can access more books but needs to keep the original collector at arms length.

I also bought a skateboard. What could possibly go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Surely you want to get a great offer and then either get an equally great counteroffer or else move. Win\Win.

The review is essentially meaningless here.
                                                                                                          Well best case is the offer is great, and company match it, including the promotion or short term a plan to get there.
                                                                                                          If it's within range I'm sure they will. But might not be, completely different industry and scale of company.

The review is just a means to get the cards on the table and assess if the promotion is an option in future.
                                                                                                          I can't really have an objective view on it. It makes sense to me, but the director may be happy with me in my box and want to promote from other roles.

I love working there but not sure how it will go since I am getting people coming to me offering to lead their software teams, and pay me a lot more, and perhaps neither will materialise at my current company, as although my boss can push for the pay, recently other engineers of similar experience were just brought up to my pay band as I had earned more for years, so then it may be hard to say we want to push him ahead further again. And as I said, ain't much people to be managing.
                                                                                                          That the same situation. I like working here, the projects are interesting, we're pretty well regarded at the top of the game. My not underpaid by any means.
                                                                                                          But this other company has uber resources, role was essentially written for me, probably won't be winning any awards for the work, but will be comfortable and paid well.

Comment

In other news.
                                                                                                            Back in lockdown in Sydney, for two weeks. 30 Cases a day and they're like nah lets stop that. Some contrast with the UK. Meh, the price of freedom for the last 12 months.

Never really got the whole lockdown make bread thing, but took a notion yesterday and tried to make my own cheese.

eBVhhQY.gif

Comment

Seems like you need to get fully engaged with mega-company 2. Get that offer.

Then take it from there. I still think a review that says 'here's your pathway to promotion and future uplift' pales into insignificance against a concrete offer.

Comment

This him?
                                                                                                                No, he was in his Italian shirt, the two Kerry lads in the other photo and that looks like one of them there were identified within minutes of them appearing on Twitter as 'Niall and Seanie' who my daughter and her BF are supposed to know!

Comment

Regged for vacc.
                                                                                                                  Website said Tomorrow for my age but meh.

Some people I know are getting their shots thru apple in Cork next week. We're turning into corporate America.
                                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

No, he was in his Italian shirt, the two Kerry lads in the other photo and that looks like one of them there were identified within minutes of them appearing on Twitter as 'Niall and Seanie' who my daughter and her BF are supposed to know!
                                                                                                                    Imo it's a bit of a cunt move to get those seats and not wear a supporting jersey/ colour,
                                                                                                                    but then again, most of the 10000 UEFA delegate travelling bunch are in the crowd with very little interest in the football.
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ah yeah. That's what I thought it was going to be when I wearily went up the steps. It's actually a modern exhibition of current characters, presented in genuinely fascinating ways. Not an old fogey in sight. It's a delight. The weird highlight was Marie Cassidy the former state pathologist. She's fascinating looking.
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Seems like you need to get fully engaged with mega-company 2. Get that offer.

Then take it from there. I still think a review that says 'here's your pathway to promotion and future uplift' pales into insignificance against a concrete offer.
                                                                                                                        Sorry might not have been clear. The review uplift would be immediate, regardless of future promotion.
                                                                                                                        An agreement or plan for promotion would be separate. Typically happens once a year, across the office. It's not like other industries there's constant openings and positions going.

Can really decide without the number, so roll dice I guess. And meanwhile decide how much I'm willing to leave on the table.

Comment

This reads like you've just come home to find two naked super models in your bed and you don't know which one to fuck

Great position to be in!

As others have said, think you need to get a firm offer from the new place asap so you are fully armed with all the info you need to go into the review with the current place.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X