X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First jab done
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Seems loads of people are directed to Waterford for the vaccine shots.

#JabCity
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Linguistic fail.

Just sent out a congratulatory email (work) for <female team member> 'and her fiancée Alex'.

Not realising that the additional 'e' changes the context quite considerably.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
          First jab done
          Can I ask what you are TD? Still waiting on a text here at 41.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Can I ask what you are TD?
            Homo-sapien, male, photographer afaik
            Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

I think it's safe to write off the Germans here. France team looks pretty sexy. Kante is in good form and should be walking into any world 11.
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                I think it's safe to write off the Germans here. France team looks pretty sexy. Kante is in good form and should be walking into any world 11.
                The man is an amazing workhorse and makes everything look so simple. Like all top holding midfielders, he promotes the flair players to go and do their stuff. He covers so well that even Pogba looks world-class.

Comment

Definitely finding, after just 2 days back in the office, that my productivity has gone up massively.

Will be looking through jaundiced eyes at all home workers from here on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                    Hes only human. Should be on a beach somewhere.

Ze Germans are always dangerous, looking forward to this . Need a 2 2 for some tonnage .

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Jaysus was Phil expecting it?
                      Not at all. Early 60's came home from a quiet night out dinner and a few pints said he wasn't feeling great went to bed and his heart gave up during the night.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Not at all. Early 60's came home from a quiet night out dinner and a few pints said he wasn't feeling great went to bed and his heart gave up during the night.
                        oh no!
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Soccer commentators drooling over Mbappe after he manages to get two goals disallowed by being stupidly offside.

Comment

How did I never hear this before. What a tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Soccer commentators drooling over Mbappe after he manages to get two goals disallowed by being stupidly offside.

Listening to soccer commentary really should be avoided. I'm probably a misogynist for finding women talking shite about soccer in studio more yuck than men doing the same.

Comment

Have you tried testing for tone deafness? http://tonedeaftest.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Homo-sapien, male, photographer afaik
                                  Lol what age*
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Jaysus quick delete this before Hector Jelly gets here . I'll say nuthin

Comment

Definitely finding, after just 2 days back in the office, that my productivity has gone up massively.

Will be looking through jaundiced eyes at all home workers from here on.
                                      Went in last Thursday. Left home at 6am and got home at 17.50. 60% waste of a day and I was wrecked afterwards….

My WFH productivity is easily 50% higher then in the office. Not good for upskilling my team and passing on my knowledge etc but very effective for getting shit done. I get 3/4 clients meeting a day done and keep loads of other stuff moving along in a way I just wasn’t before. Things will slow down massively if we go back to the office full time.

On a roll winning new biz and looks like serious uplift incoming too…all whilst sitting at home. It’s going to be an interesting time over the coming year….

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Listening to soccer commentary really should be avoided. I'm probably a misogynist for finding women talking shite about soccer in studio more yuck than men doing the same.
                                        I sent a message to a friend at the weekend asking if it were misogynistic that I don't enjoy most of the women doing the football, especially the young pretty interviewers smiling flirtatiously and the players responding in a somewhat similar fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I sent a message to a friend at the weekend asking if it were misogynistic that I don't enjoy most of the women doing the football, especially the young pretty interviewers smiling flirtatiously and the players responding in a somewhat similar fashion.
                                          But they say the exact same drivel, its just that you notice how dumb it is
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

One things for sure , when they turn into Dunphy like saddle bag faces, they'll be long retired . The wheel will turn back I hope . It's becoming a joke . We watch the footie and golf to get away from the wimmins and their opinions. All I hear is Gemma docherty

I must say though when it comes to Opera I cant listen to a Soprano , however a tenor voice is magical.
                                            Last edited by Solksjaer!; 15-06-21, 22:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              This time 5 years ago was the most intense and celebratory moment of my life.

We buried Phil, the guy jumping up and down in the blue suit, just a few weeks later. Carpe Diem
                                              Worked with his son for a year he’s a bricklayer likes bet possibly the worst tipster ive ever seen.

Comment

The women who used to be on Five Live back in the day used to be great. But then again they were probably selected for knowledge rather than looks given it was a radio gig.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Went in last Thursday. Left home at 6am and got home at 17.50. 60% waste of a day and I was wrecked afterwards….

My WFH productivity is easily 50% higher then in the office. Not good for upskilling my team and passing on my knowledge etc but very effective for getting shit done. I get 3/4 clients meeting a day done and keep loads of other stuff moving along in a way I just wasn’t before. Things will slow down massively if we go back to the office full time.

On a roll winning new biz and looks like serious uplift incoming too…all whilst sitting at home. It’s going to be an interesting time over the coming year….
                                                  Yeah it's horses for courses. Doesn't suit some people and doesn't suit some roles. If I had to travel at 7am go back into an office jut a few km away simply to do zoom calls with people in Singapore and Melbourne it wouldn't last too long that's for sure. Thankfully It seems the company understands this.

Just had an unstressed breakfast with my son and played two games of Dobble (which he won). Will settle down to write and edit with The Opening Show on in the background, have a lunchtime run and still get more done with less stress than if I was facing into an evening commute home.

I spent half my career working from home as a freelancer (and abroad - I was a proto-digital nomad in the early 00s in Australia, China and Thailand working out of Internet cafes) so it has been a very small adjustment for me. But I appreciate that's not the case for everyone.

Banks seems to be the nut-worst at adjusting to this play though based on what my friends are experiencing.

Comment

That second jab doesn't fuck about. Feel like I was hit by a bus
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                      Passes v quickly. I was quite lethargic last week after at the desk so took a few timeouts to relax. Next day though 'brand new . I was joking with the missus that the older generation were not complaining so much of tiredness as they probably feel that way all the time.

Comment

Snip. Old news
                                                        Last edited by Solksjaer!; 16-06-21, 07:58.

Comment

Did you notice the first jab much, just out of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Yeah it's horses for courses. Doesn't suit some people and doesn't suit some roles. If I had to travel at 7am go back into an office jut a few km away simply to do zoom calls with people in Singapore and Melbourne it wouldn't last too long that's for sure. Thankfully It seems the company understands this.

Just had an unstressed breakfast with my son and played two games of Dobble (which he won). Will settle down to write and edit with The Opening Show on in the background, have a lunchtime run and still get more done with less stress than if I was facing into an evening commute home.

I spent half my career working from home as a freelancer (and abroad - I was a proto-digital nomad in the early 00s in Australia, China and Thailand working out of Internet cafes) so it has been a very small adjustment for me. But I appreciate that's not the case for everyone.

Banks seems to be the nut-worst at adjusting to this play though based on what my friends are experiencing.
                                                            Definitely something in my brain that clicks into a higher gear when physically at my place of work.

Comment

It's interesting that V and Benny both focused on one significant benefit of WFH and ignored the other.

Productivity for V and work life balance for Benny.

I feel both have benefitted immensely (although I'm not WFH anymore) but would put more weight and importance into the life balance.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                It's interesting that V and Benny both focused on one significant benefit of WFH and ignored the other.

I feel both have benefitted immensely (although I'm not WFH anymore) but would put more weight and importance into the life balance.
                                                                Oh I can confirm 100% I get more done in less time at home. Productivity is way higher - much better focus and time management with fewer distractions. The productivity drag starts with commuting then interminable meetings, side conversations, lunching with colleagues etc... its all downhill in an office environment for me.

Comment

The only thing I find is it's hard to find an off switch when WFH.
                                                                  That and now 16 months in, my family still haven't fully grasped that working from home means I'm actually working and not on a day off
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'm absolutely shite at WFH but I'm loving being able to switch computers and play WoW on my lunch break. Swings and roundabouts innit.

Comment

Other work benefits:
                                                                      • Get to dress like an adult
                                                                      • Other people make me food

Comment

I didn't normally work in the office much, but when I did my only memory is of overwhelming tiredness from having to wake up early. Haven't woken up before 8am for about 18 months now. Most times just a small bit before 9am. Some of us simply aren't morning people, and its the rigid hours of working from the office that kill us off. Have barely felt tired in a year.

Comment

Did you notice the first jab much, just out of interest?
                                                                          No basically nothing, but the nurse said it would be that way tbf
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

No basically nothing, but the nurse said it would be that way tbf
                                                                            ah feck. I had the first on Saturday and noticed only the mildest shoulder sensitivity, so thought I might be one of the rare breed of super-mutants who get no pfizer side effects. But it seems its all to play for with the second jab.

Comment

ah feck. I had the first on Saturday and noticed only the mildest shoulder sensitivity, so thought I might be one of the rare breed of super-mutants who get no pfizer side effects. But it seems its all to play for with the second jab.
                                                                              Yeah I'm on moderna, if that changes anything
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Lunch (yes, already eaten at 12:10pm) was some melon wrapped in parma ham and this beauty. Filling is 1 tbsp dijon, 2 tbsp olive oil, bit of salt, bit of pepper. What a triumph! my god. That lovely contrast between the dijon bringing the acid and the fat of the oil and avo.

WDOjsI5l.jpg

Comment

I felt nothing in the shoulder and just a bit of tiredness the next day. Jab 2 is apparently the one to watch out for but superhumans like ourselves have little to fear.

Comment

Cooking course is now on what seems like a very niche topic of how to maintain veg colour. Greens in boiling water with lid off (to allow the dulling acid released by green veg to escape the pot). Other colours with a bit of acid. Not sure why anyone really needs to know this. Except maybe a chef wanting to have these bright vibrant colours.

Comment

BennyHiFi, any chance of regaling us with some China-living accounts?

Comment

I didn't normally work in the office much, but when I did my only memory is of overwhelming tiredness from having to wake up early. Haven't woken up before 8am for about 18 months now. Most times just a small bit before 9am. Some of us simply aren't morning people, and its the rigid hours of working from the office that kill us off. Have barely felt tired in a year.
                                                                                        Presumably in-person lecturing will be back from September?

Comment

You'll be grand it's only a bit of tiredness. Think hangover without the headache etc plenty of fluids and maybe a preemptive paracetamol if you are the headache type o guy

Comment

Biggest WFH issue is food availability. Jaysus I can eat.

Comment

Other work benefits:
                                                                                              • Get to dress like an adult
                                                                                              • Other people make me food
                                                                                              You can literally do those things at home too.
                                                                                              I defo have eaten out more for WFH lunches.
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Lunch (yes, already eaten at 12:10pm) was some melon wrapped in parma ham and this beauty. Filling is 1 tbsp dijon, 2 tbsp olive oil, bit of salt, bit of pepper. What a triumph! my god. That lovely contrast between the dijon bringing the acid and the fat of the oil and avo.

WDOjsI5l.jpg
                                                                                                add a bit of balsamic vinegar to your vinaigrette to make it perfect. emulsify it before you put it in the avocado. delish!

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

You'll be grand it's only a bit of tiredness. Think hangover without the headache etc plenty of fluids and maybe a preemptive paracetamol if you are the headache type o guy

Bang on really, back to sleep and some paracetemol and im pretty good again
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

This is such a huge benefit, way less tired than commuting, more energy -> clearer mind -> doing your job better. Probably more sleep for people too.
                                                                                                    Less mental health days needed when people are not feeling run down as well.

Comment

Presumably in-person lecturing will be back from September?
                                                                                                      Yeah I think so. Although I only teach about 80 hours a year, and 40 of those have moved permanently online. So there's very little 'need' to be on campus. But the desire, and I suspect need, for more human contact will drive a fair bit more visiting. Trying to build a fair few projects up and I suppose coffee works better for those than zoom

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

add a bit of balsamic vinegar to your vinaigrette to make it perfect. emulsify it before you put it in the avocado. delish!
                                                                                                        Oh must try the balsamic!

Comment

Generally agree with this but i guess like most things there are the flip side. Co-com on RTE match at the moment seems quite good for a start (hopefully i dont bbv her whoever she is)

Comment

BennyHiFi, any chance of regaling us with some China-living accounts?
                                                                                                            Sure. Let's start at the beginning....

How did I get there?

Well I was sitting in Grogan's pub in Dublin City centre one evening, Nov or Dec 2002 when I overhead the table next to me talking about how the one-year visa to Australia had been extended up to (IIRC) 35 years old from maybe 30. I was 31 and literally as soon as I heard it I told the lads at my table I was going to go to Australia.

I was a freelance journalist at the time and had a couple of solid, regular clients so figured I could as well freelance from Bondi Beach as James St.

The idea grew legs and I bought one of those 5-stop around the world plane tickets and decided to spend about 9 months in Australia: approx. 3 months in Sydney, 3 months in Melbourne and 3 months travelling around Asia, wending my way back home.

China was top of my list, then Thailand and, if possible Papua New Guinea.

The following April (2003) I rented out my apartment (my first time as a landlord) and was on my way, rucksack on back with a rough plan to work from Internet cafes on my freelance work (laptops were expensive, bulky and probably not safe in hostels) and pick up some manual Labour for drinking/travelling money along the way.

So It worked out almost to plan - I had a great time in Kings Cross in Sydney with a bunch of kitchen and labouring jobs as well as some regular writing. I also picked up a music writiing gig there for a large national magazine and got so see some interesting bands and go to some quare parties. I ran the Sydney to Surf race and went to some rugby league games.

I was sad to leave Sydney and some friends I'd made but Melbourne proved cool as well. I moved into a house in Fitzroy with some locals and was there for the Rugby World Cup and went to the Irl Vs Aus game as well as hitting the Melbourne Cup and the GAA/Aussie rules game in the MCG.

A few months later I travelled the coast road to Adelaide, slept under the starts in the outback, visited wineries, walked around Uluru, headed to Cairns (and was using up some of my flights on this leg so Papua New Guinea went out the window), dived the Great Barrier Reef (despite being quite petrified of large bodies of water) before heading back to Sydney to end the odyssey with a few days R&R and to board a flight to China.

I was torn upon leaving - there wasn't much I didn't love about Australia but I had an apartment in Dublin and a girl I met just before I left (who would become my wife) and it is at the far end of the earth. I couldn't shake the feeling that it while it was undoubtedly a paradise of sorts it was just too far from all the real action (including my family and friends).

So leave I did... next stop Beijing and a real leap into the unknown.

<To be continued...>

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Generally agree with this but i guess like most things there are the flip side. Co-com on RTE match at the moment seems quite good for a start (hopefully i dont bbv her whoever she is)
                                                                                                              A player injured . She says she would run home to mother if hit like that. Not doing much for the wimmins game with that comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I had my work head on when posting Conor, but it's fair to say my work/life balance isn't in the greatest place at the minute. It's too easy to bury myself in work with too few life distractions.

I'm trying to improve the quality of my weekends now that things are coming back and I need to get a few new habits going mid week. But I wouldn't say my work/life balance was great working in the office that's for sure. I honestly feel I have a better chance now BUT I probably need to take action to make sure it happens.

When the baby comes I'm probably fucked anyway but at least I'll be around more to help out.
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

There seems to be a massive incidence of people meeting their partners for life right before leaving on long trips.

Comment

I enjoyed the sizzling sexual tension between Stephanie Roche and Kevin Doyle, and didn't feel like it distracted from the football tbh. Added to it if anything.

Comment

There seems to be a massive incidence of people meeting their partners for life right before leaving on long trips.

ha..that's gas. I remember plucking up the courage to ask my neighbour (I was renting next door) out shortly before heading off on a road trip. Not a life partner but significant nonetheless.

Had been lusting after her for ages. She was separated and obviously worked in a professional capacity.
                                                                                                                      I knew she had noticed me (I was a handsome divil back then) but hadnt had a proper conversation or anything.

Kind of knew she might be interested when she called in to borrow a screwdriver. Now any lad with an ounce of common sense would introduce themselves and start a conversation and drag it out a bit. What do I say to a woman I've fantasised about for 6 months and who's basically made the first get to know you move.... "Eh...Phillip's head is it?"
                                                                                                                      Not one fucking screw driver in the house either.

Ended up coming to her rescue on xmas morning as she locked herself out of the house. I scaled a ladder and got in through an open window. Kiss on cheek had the auld swonnicles vibrating, nigh on fibrillating in anticipation. Asked her out shortly after and then the road trip.

She confirmed later that I was a more than a little clueless re the screwdriver incident.

Comment

Jesus, even rounders wouldn't miss the subtle message behind being asked for a screwdriver there.

Comment

Jesus, even rounders wouldn't miss the subtle message behind being asked for a screwdriver there.
                                                                                                                          I know, I know. Wasnt like I didnt know what was going on just got flustered at the sudden transition from fantasy to possibility.

Berating at myself later going "you're an idiot, a complete fucking idiot, open goal and you stick the ball into row z for fucks sake" (or something to that effect)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X