Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Italy's shite. It looks great on paper but in reality it's chock full of Italians. It's like that pub in town, TP Smiths. All it's got is a brass staircase. Nothing else about it makes it a good pub. Weird layout, no atmosphere, staff are rude and slow. They think having a brass staircase means they don't have to attend to the actual business of being a nice place to have a drink. Same thing with Italy but it's an entire country.
    Looks like you got out of the wrong side of the bed this afternoon.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

    Comment


      https://youtu.be/z00Ct2KE5jg
      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

      Comment


        Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
        Italy's shite. It looks great on paper but in reality it's chock full of Italians. It's like that pub in town, TP Smiths. All it's got is a brass staircase. Nothing else about it makes it a good pub. Weird layout, no atmosphere, staff are rude and slow. They think having a brass staircase means they don't have to attend to the actual business of being a nice place to have a drink. Same thing with Italy but it's an entire country.
        But man... You REALLY gotta see the brass staircase, it's awesome!!!
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

        Comment


          Presentingnewyork
          last race tramore

          Comment


            I met my girlfriend in that pub. I like to think I was on good form that night, but looking back it must have been the staircase.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
              Hitch talking about the lack of productivity.

              Could sleep be contributing? I'm definitely losing an hour a day with waking up early with the brightness.

              Last Saturday I didn't close the curtains properly and it was like waking up in fucking New Grange.

              Probably should get black out blinds
              [Sponsored post brought to you by Lazare]


              Eye blinds work fine for me, only use them when I don't want to get up early.

              silkyworld-500x500.jpg
              Turning millions into thousands

              Comment


                GFYSP

                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Just got my appointment for Sun, Pfizer. Delighted it's in the Aviva, have never been.

                  Live 4km from Citywest though which is strange.
                  Why do you need the vaccination if you already had covid?
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

                  Comment


                    Looks like I got Glendalough on a quiet day . Result. Walked the legs off the two lads to the minning village . Backfired . Shoulders on the way back Wicklow gap my fav route there .

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

                      Why do you need the vaccination if you already had covid?
                      It's generally being recommended for longer term protection. Getting covid is being considered the equivalent of a first shot, so I'm assuming he'll only be needing the one.
                      Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                      Comment


                        Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

                          Why do you need the vaccination if you already had covid?
                          I don't know enough to not get it.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                          Comment


                            One of those 'better to be looking at it than looking for it' scenarios.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                            Comment


                              Hope she's ok Mick. Pretty scary. I'm not qualified to offer an opinion on whether it's coincidence or not.

                              I think we'd know about it at this stage though if it wasn't.

                              On the flip side, my old man had been suffering chest pains for the last few years. They've disappeared after his Pfizer shots for some bizarre reason. Likely coincidence. Pains were likely anxiety related, I get them too, and the vax prob acted like a placebo on it.

                              I just trust the science Mick. If I have immunity from contracting it, the vax isn't going to undo that. So why not?


                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                Hope she's ok Mick. Pretty scary. I'm not qualified to offer an opinion on whether it's coincidence or not.

                                I think we'd know about it at this stage though if it wasn't.

                                On the flip side, my old man had been suffering chest pains for the last few years. They've disappeared after his Pfizer shots for some bizarre reason. Likely coincidence. Pains were likely anxiety related, I get them too, and the vax prob acted like a placebo on it.

                                I just trust the science Mick. If I have immunity from contracting it, the vax isn't going to undo that. So why not?

                                5G - that's why not.

                                Comment


                                  Mick, the risk of blood clots from taking paracetamol is something like 140,000 times greater, than AZ, I think more so with Pfizer.

                                  People are advised to take Paracetamol after their shot.

                                  Edit - am wrong on this, compared clot with clot death by mistake
                                  Last edited by Lazare; 05-06-21, 21:25.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                    Hope she's ok Mick. Pretty scary. I'm not qualified to offer an opinion on whether it's coincidence or not.

                                    I think we'd know about it at this stage though if it wasn't.

                                    On the flip side, my old man had been suffering chest pains for the last few years. They've disappeared after his Pfizer shots for some bizarre reason. Likely coincidence. Pains were likely anxiety related, I get them too, and the vax prob acted like a placebo on it.

                                    I just trust the science Mick. If I have immunity from contracting it, the vax isn't going to undo that. So why not?

                                    I deffo got the placebo effect. I felt like even Kryptonite would not harm me afterwards . Then yanked my finger nail off the clips on a hard case . Not much blood , perhaps clotted . You are right to get the jab , stats n maths > shots n clots

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      Mick, the risk of blood clots from taking paracetamol is something like 140,000 times greater, than AZ, I think more so with Pfizer.

                                      People are advised to take Paracetamol after their shot.


                                      Israel has seen heart inflammation in young people but sure could be worse dunno where you are getting 140000 from paracetamol think you should get back on the drink.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

                                        Israel has seen heart inflammation in young people but sure could be worse dunno where you are getting 140000 from paracetamol think you should get back on the drink.
                                        275 cases among 5 million vaccinated people, and in 95% it was mild. You get a cool figure full of ones and eights if you divide 5 million by 275, it's 18181.8181818.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

                                          Israel has seen heart inflammation in young people but sure could be worse dunno where you are getting 140000 from paracetamol think you should get back on the drink.
                                          Haha, I should. You're right,
                                          have realised I compared the risk of a serious parac clot, with the risk of a vax clot death.


                                          ​​​​​​Although, the point still stands, a Panadol is considerably more dangerous than a Covid vax.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                          Comment


                                            Apparently when a missile is fired at Israel the cardio cases rise tenfold (that's 10 x fold) and the sales of laxatives take a downturn . The pre and post vaccine counts are inconclusive, however it's safer now to visit yer granny in Tel Aviv

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                              Apparently when a missile is fired at Israel the cardio cases rise tenfold (that's 10 x fold) and the sales of laxatives take a downturn . The pre and post vaccine counts are inconclusive, however it's safer now to visit yer granny in Tel Aviv
                                              Would a missile being fired at you not tighten your sphincter though?
                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                              Comment


                                                Gerrup oura dat bed Andy
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Going to take a week off next week. Brainfog is a real thing. Shockingly unproductive. Everyone seems to be like it at the moment, wonder if its the weather?
                                                  I found recently that I get dehydrated very easily. Have to remind myself to regularly drink some water, as I'll feel light headed before I'll actually feel thirsty. Pretty much get up around 6 regardless of the time of the year, just in the summer it is to the sound of birds making quite a racket.
                                                  Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                    I found recently that I get dehydrated very easily. Have to remind myself to regularly drink some water, as I'll feel light headed before I'll actually feel thirsty. Pretty much get up around 6 regardless of the time of the year, just in the summer it is to the sound of birds making quite a racket.
                                                    Was watching an episode of Hospital during the week, think its called that, its on the BBC, filmed during covid...anyways, there was an old dude who had heart attack but survived, needed a valve replaced, his memory was very bad when he came out of the attack, basically thinking he was in a council meeting when he was in a hospital bed, team of surgeons were discussing whether to do open heart or keyhole, they were saying that putting someone with memory issues on the bypass machine would not end well, would only exacerbate the issue .... the brain fog one suffers after being on the bypass machine is real !
                                                    This too shall pass.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Another interesting fact i heard yesterday, its very easy to throw the term billion around but what does it actually mean ? In terms of seconds...a million seconds is 11 days, a billion seconds is 31 years.
                                                      This too shall pass.

                                                      Comment


                                                        This too shall pass.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                          I found recently that I get dehydrated very easily. Have to remind myself to regularly drink some water, as I'll feel light headed before I'll actually feel thirsty. Pretty much get up around 6 regardless of the time of the year, just in the summer it is to the sound of birds making quite a racket.
                                                          Get yourself a pack of diorolyte and have one before bed. I used them for hangover prevention, which is basically dehydration.

                                                          There's also a great product called Zero which does the same thing, electrolytes. Dissolvable tabs. The orange flavour ones are actually quite pleasant.
                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                            Get yourself a pack of diorolyte and have one before bed. I used them for hangover prevention, which is basically dehydration.

                                                            There's also a great product called Zero which does the same thing, electrolytes. Dissolvable tabs. The orange flavour ones are actually quite pleasant.
                                                            Nah, the water works fine. And I'm not taking extra salt unless there is a specific reason to do so.
                                                            Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                            Comment


                                                              Poor John Rahm. He should not have listened to Sickpuppy.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                                Nah, the water works fine. And I'm not taking extra salt unless there is a specific reason to do so.
                                                                Damn. Tried to bump you off.
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Is Andy up yet?

                                                                  Half the day gone.
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Done and dusted in 20 mins over there, pretty slick operation.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Done and dusted in 20 mins over there, pretty slick operation.
                                                                      Do you get to see much of the stadium? Never been.
                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                        Gerrup oura dat bed Andy
                                                                        I miss the days when a 6am post was someone who'd stayed up all night on Tribeca to separate the California monkeys from their money at $50 SNGs.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Is Andy up yet?

                                                                          Half the day gone.
                                                                          Started work at at 08:55 so been up since 08:52 m8. How was your run?
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

                                                                            Started work at at 08:55 so been up since 08:52 m8. How was your run?
                                                                            Ah good stuff, you can fit lots into three mins.

                                                                            It was great, listened to a nice Adam Buxton pod that passed the miles.
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                              Ah good stuff, you can fit lots into three mins.

                                                                              It was great, listened to a nice Adam Buxton pod that passed the miles.
                                                                              Top podcast that. Like and subscribe.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                                Do you get to see much of the stadium? Never been.
                                                                                Premium level looking out over ground for the 10 min recovery area

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                                                                                  Premium level looking out over ground for the 10 min recovery area
                                                                                  Cool. Just got a call from them to come in early. 2.30 now instead of 5.55.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Trump with his cacks on backwards is just too funny.

                                                                                    Obv piss stained himself with no time to swap.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      Trump with his cacks on backwards is just too funny.

                                                                                      Obv piss stained himself with no time to swap.
                                                                                      Why do people keep making up and believing stuff like this about Trump when there is a wealth of true stuff they could legitimately use to mock him

                                                                                      and this one probably made it through all the same “factcheckers” who “debunked” the lab leak story last year

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        because there's a video where it really looks like he is wearing his pants the wrong way around

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

                                                                                          Why do people keep making up and believing stuff like this about Trump when there is a wealth of true stuff they could legitimately use to mock him

                                                                                          and this one probably made it through all the same “factcheckers” who “debunked” the lab leak story last year
                                                                                          Maybe he bends his legs the opposite way to other humans. That could explain those creases.

                                                                                          Best I read though was 'he's on the no fly list'
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

                                                                                            Why do people keep making up and believing stuff like this about Trump when there is a wealth of true stuff they could legitimately use to mock him

                                                                                            and this one probably made it through all the same “factcheckers” who “debunked” the lab leak story last year
                                                                                            I have the time to do both.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Trump wearing his pants backwards it totally believable. However the fact that his aides allow him to do so is incredible. Surely they know he will be mocked.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                How's your arm Dice?

                                                                                                Mine's quite tender, feels like I've gotten a punch in it.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                Comment



                                                                                                  Maybe Trump is just a big Kris Kross fan?

                                                                                                  Comment



                                                                                                    Also, just got a text for my first jab on Wednesday after only registering on Wednesday just gone. Very impressed with the quick turnaround.

                                                                                                    Comment



                                                                                                      Overall, it's been a splendid day.

                                                                                                      I mean, when the sun shines, where else would you want to be?

                                                                                                      SPOILER



                                                                                                      SPOILER

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Stunning Brian, enjoy.
                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                          How's your arm Dice?

                                                                                                          Mine's quite tender, feels like I've gotten a punch in it.
                                                                                                          Yeah bit like a dead arm really, had a nap there as pokering tonight and having mad dreams. Small headache up back of neck but drinking water for a change

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                            How's your arm Dice?

                                                                                                            Mine's quite tender, feels like I've gotten a punch in it.
                                                                                                            Ha wait till tomorrow, it'll feel like someone hit you with a lump hammer. Got my second one in the right arm, as I usually sleep on my left side.
                                                                                                            Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Ah Dublin

                                                                                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                                                                                Ha wait till tomorrow, it'll feel like someone hit you with a lump hammer. Got my second one in the right arm, as I usually sleep on my left side.
                                                                                                                Oh really, yay.

                                                                                                                Thankfully it's on the opp side to the side I sleep on. Just aswel, it's the only position I can fall asleep in.
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                                                                  Oh really, yay.

                                                                                                                  Thankfully it's on the opp side to the side I sleep on. Just aswel, it's the only position I can fall asleep in.
                                                                                                                  Suppose it's different for everyone really. Perhaps your healthier metabolism is getting the pain more quickly, and you'll be fine tomorrow.
                                                                                                                  Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by oleras View Post

                                                                                                                    Was watching an episode of Hospital during the week, think its called that, its on the BBC, filmed during covid...anyways, there was an old dude who had heart attack but survived, needed a valve replaced, his memory was very bad when he came out of the attack, basically thinking he was in a council meeting when he was in a hospital bed, team of surgeons were discussing whether to do open heart or keyhole, they were saying that putting someone with memory issues on the bypass machine would not end well, would only exacerbate the issue .... the brain fog one suffers after being on the bypass machine is real !
                                                                                                                    ohhhh. that could explain a few things. Although I feel it has improved with exercise, for me anyway, so there must be some way out of it. Like I felt like a different person after the rehab training. But then lack of sleep kills a lot more than it used to.
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                      Ah Dublin

                                                                                                                      The store owner should get the freedom of the city.
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                        Overall, it's been a splendid day.

                                                                                                                        I mean, when the sun shines, where else would you want to be?

                                                                                                                        SPOILER



                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Not quite so scenic in East Galway but similar weather. Put a child in a bog hole which was entertaining.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                                          The store owner should get the freedom of the city.
                                                                                                                          It's like Dublin has evolved to 1970's L.A.
                                                                                                                          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X