Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

    Sure you can charge her rent for a few more years.

    I jokingly made that remark to Mrs D3 a few days back (charging adult kids rent) and she looked at me like I was insane. Surely plenty of parents do this?
    Apparently No 2 Prospective son in law who has been in residence since covid started hands up a few quid but I never see a bit of it, instead I go to Sheridan's buy a couple of bits nice cheese and he scoffs it, all of it, usually before I've got even a sniff of it. Seriously thinking of buying a second fridge with a lock!
    Turning millions into thousands

    Comment


      Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      9.15am Sunday in Aviva - sure may as well go all night
      Sounds like a good time from rambling in from the Jackpot... I'm sure you'd be able to find a nice friendly home game in An Lár to occupy you
      Turning millions into thousands

      Comment


        All ye fckrs will have your second Pfizers before I get my second AZ... with the numbers on Delta looking so terrible for one dose of AZ I'm feeling a bit shortchanged. Was really hoping to go too London next week think it will be early August before I'll be able to get there now Grrrr.
        Turning millions into thousands

        Comment


          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

          Apparently No 2 Prospective son in law who has been in residence since covid started hands up a few quid but I never see a bit of it, instead I go to Sheridan's buy a couple of bits nice cheese and he scoffs it, all of it, usually before I've got even a sniff of it. Seriously thinking of buying a second fridge with a lock!
          In fairness he sounds like a keeper. He can maintain your cheese habit in your retirement.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

          Comment


            nice to be able to accurately age ppl lol

            Comment


              Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              All ye fckrs will have your second Pfizers before I get my second AZ... with the numbers on Delta looking so terrible for one dose of AZ I'm feeling a bit shortchanged. Was really hoping to go too London next week think it will be early August before I'll be able to get there now Grrrr.
              Oh you poor bollix
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

              Comment


                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                Sure you can charge her rent for a few more years.

                I jokingly made that remark to Mrs D3 a few days back (charging adult kids rent) and she looked at me like I was insane. Surely plenty of parents do this?
                100% charge them!

                The people I know who never kicked up money to their parents are the most tight fisted/selfish people I know. At one point two of my siblings had their partners basically living in my mother's house, i.e still living with their Mammy (who paid for everything) but splitting their time between both houses, would turn up for 3-4 days a week, eat as much as they like, lounge around hungover on the weekends because their own mother wouldn't believe they'd get so drunk etc. After six months of this they got the hump when told if you're living here you're kicking in money, no ifs or buts. They where back living with Mammy full time quickly after that. I'm not talking 18-21 year olds here, I'm talking 25-30 year olds working full time! Barely paid a bill or bought groceries in their life, never mind clean up after themselves!

                Now, if they're in college and only working a single shift a week you might not but if they're doing a degree/diploma that's 12 hours a week and they're working another 12 plus, you'd probably cream a bit off the top.

                Strewel, get that cheese eating lay about out protecting the veg from the sheep.
                Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 04-06-21, 15:40.

                Comment


                  How on earth does Ryan Moore still pick the wrong one there? Won by the width of the track and then some

                  Or am I assuming he has the pick....
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    nice to be able to accurately age ppl lol
                    not so much if you read the boards thread, it's pretty much all ages from mid-50s to 41 who are getting appointments right now
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                      Bag of cans?
                      Haha, didn't spot your post until now.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                        Posted here a few months ago bragging about getting ours done for 70k ish thanks to brother in law being a big time builder doing us a favour.

                        Well I completely BBVd myself as the process has begun for him to no longer be my brother in law and he is no longer our builder.

                        FU BBV costing me an extra €60k
                        Wait, is he breaking up with your sister or you breaking up with his sister
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

                          Wait, is he breaking up with your sister or you breaking up with his sister
                          I deduce (a) given references to 'ours', and 'us.

                          But who knows, Dice may be getting with the cool kids and adopting non-binary personal pronouns.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                            I deduce (a) given references to 'ours', and 'us.

                            But who knows, Dice may be getting with the cool kids and adopting non-binary personal pronouns.
                            We are statistically due a spate of divorces on here TBF.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                            Comment


                              Having said that the Horsehead Elite probably favor discrete dalliances over unseemly divorces.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

                                100% charge them!

                                The people I know who never kicked up money to their parents are the most tight fisted/selfish people I know. At one point two of my siblings had their partners basically living in my mother's house, i.e still living with their Mammy (who paid for everything) but splitting their time between both houses, would turn up for 3-4 days a week, eat as much as they like, lounge around hungover on the weekends because their own mother wouldn't believe they'd get so drunk etc. After six months of this they got the hump when told if you're living here you're kicking in money, no ifs or buts. They where back living with Mammy full time quickly after that. I'm not talking 18-21 year olds here, I'm talking 25-30 year olds working full time! Barely paid a bill or bought groceries in their life, never mind clean up after themselves!

                                Now, if they're in college and only working a single shift a week you might not but if they're doing a degree/diploma that's 12 hours a week and they're working another 12 plus, you'd probably cream a bit off the top.

                                Strewel, get that cheese eating lay about out protecting the veg from the sheep.
                                Absolutely!

                                in my day it was chip in affordable amount when I was working. And at the very basic minimum you do chores

                                After the old dear died it was just me and the old man in the house. I used to cook for him a fair bit ..he was reared on meat and 2 veg but loved the Spag Bol I would make. "Can you have potatoes with this" he would say (you can take the man outta the bog)

                                Remember he would be looking askance at me the odd time I would order a chinese "how can you eat that ole muck"
                                gave him a taste and the next day I was asking him what he fancied for the dinner...Hes there "ah sure maybe we'll try some of that stuff you were eating last night" Hooked he was

                                Getting nostalgic now. I'd say my all time favourite thing to do as a kid and as an adult was help him with the garden in the Summer. Nice still warm evenings, raking leaves, no rush with anything, having a chat with neighbours and friends as they're passing ....hard to beat

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

                                  Wait, is he breaking up with your sister or you breaking up with his sister
                                  Loose Bro in law terms - her sister

                                  Deffo at that age as i know 3 couples well who are going through it and have spotted 2 neighbours with no husbands cars around lately bar fetching and dropping kids to stuff. Seems to be a 40-50 age group thing i guess (or lockdown!)

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                                    Loose Bro in law terms - her sister

                                    Deffo at that age as i know 3 couples well who are going through it and have spotted 2 neighbours with no husbands cars around lately bar fetching and dropping kids to stuff. Seems to be a 40-50 age group thing i guess (or lockdown!)
                                    I expect divorce lawyers will be busier than builders post lockdown.
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                    Comment


                                      Would have been a load of serious affairs that got uncovered and hit the wall last year in lockdown 1.

                                      The work excuse was gone and I'd say some crazies started banging doors down when they had enough.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                        Having said that the Horsehead Elite probably favor discrete dalliances over unseemly divorces.
                                        I think you mean 'discreet', although discrete works too.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

                                          I expect divorce lawyers will be busier than builders post lockdown.
                                          I'm more worried about the backlog of weddings that I would have been very happy not to go to. All postponed, rather than going with a more civilised event.
                                          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                          Comment


                                             

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by dinekes View Post

                                              but loved the Spag Bol I would make. "Can you have potatoes with this" he would say (you can take the man outta the bog)
                                              That was my Dad too, and he couldn't be much more Dublin. Must be more an Irishman thing of a certain age.
                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                              Comment


                                                Peru now with the highest Covid death rate in the world after their Govt changed the criteria for recording deaths. This was due to the high number of excess deaths (150%)

                                                Over 1 in 200 of pop dead from Covid, Its actually 1 in 180 FFS. If you're elderly what would it be 1 in 25 ..lower?

                                                The main cause of spread reported was being a lack of ownership of fridges...people converging on local markets as they have to get food in every couple of days. Such a basic simple item we all take for granted.

                                                Unreal
                                                Last edited by dinekes; 04-06-21, 18:13.

                                                Comment


                                                  Incredible story in the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...officers-death

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                    not so much if you read the boards thread, it's pretty much all ages from mid-50s to 41 who are getting appointments right now
                                                    Oh I thought it was strictly by age. But I suppose in that case you would have been seen to many months ago.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Ruling needed - bet the wife a weeks putting kids to bed on who would be vaccinated first as we applied at same time. She went away at 10am to Galway with kids to her parents at 10am and got text at Athlone for tomorrow morning so hit new appointment as didnt want to trapse back. Thank fook as i have IPB Champ here since luchtime punting and gambooling

                                                      Anyway i am now Sunday morning so will be done first but she is arguing she got the first timed appointment lol. Win win really for me anyway as id have paid lots of zeros for the weekend break

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                        Ruling needed
                                                        Neither of you have been vaccinated, so it's all still in play imo. A lot can happen between now and Sunday.
                                                        Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                          Neither of you have been vaccinated, so it's all still in play imo. A lot can happen between now and Sunday.
                                                          This is highly correct and hopefully not another case of me BBVing myself lol

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

                                                            Oh I thought it was strictly by age.
                                                            Yeah I got bumped by about a month because of the heart disease. Also didn't have to register myself, as the hospital did it for me.
                                                            Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                              I read this this morning and was amazed.

                                                              showing her his gun?
                                                              giving him a message?
                                                              300lbs black police officer.
                                                              Girlfriend of, essentially, the most powerful person in Belize’s son.

                                                              That whole thing has legs
                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Recommendations please. I'd like to go to Italy for a week as have never been. My requirements are, not the usual spots ie Rome, Venice etc. Something kind of old style with plenty of sightseeing, nothing ott in price. No mad nightlife as obviously no longer drink, but plenty of nice food and ice cream a beach a bonus but not pushed if none there.
                                                                I'm googling all night and am none the wiser.

                                                                Last short break was Lisbon and did a day trip to Cascais which was amazing.. I'd just like something different but to get alot out of it if ye get me.

                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                  Recommendations please. I'd like to go to Italy for a week as have never been. My requirements are, not the usual spots ie Rome, Venice etc. Something kind of old style with plenty of sightseeing, nothing ott in price. No mad nightlife as obviously no longer drink, but plenty of nice food and ice cream a beach a bonus but not pushed if none there.
                                                                  I'm googling all night and am none the wiser.

                                                                  Last short break was Lisbon and did a day trip to Cascais which was amazing.. I'd just like something different but to get alot out of it if ye get me.
                                                                  Your requirements kind of bring Rome back into play.

                                                                  Anyway stay in Sorrento , short boat to Capri, then tour volcano , Pompeii and Naples from there .

                                                                  Florence is lovely . Plenty of amazing cities nearby . Tuscany is just class.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    Recommendations please. I'd like to go to Italy for a week as have never been. My requirements are, not the usual spots ie Rome, Venice etc. Something kind of old style with plenty of sightseeing, nothing ott in price. No mad nightlife as obviously no longer drink, but plenty of nice food and ice cream a beach a bonus but not pushed if none there.
                                                                    I'm googling all night and am none the wiser.

                                                                    Last short break was Lisbon and did a day trip to Cascais which was amazing.. I'd just like something different but to get alot out of it if ye get me.
                                                                    First of all, wut?

                                                                    Lake Garda base and hour to Venice etc maybe?

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                                                                      First of all, wut?

                                                                      Lake Garda base and hour to Venice etc maybe?
                                                                      Aye in month 4 no booze ​​​​​​

                                                                      Anyway just looked up accomodation, too ott.

                                                                      Florence actually not too bad, found some nice hotels not huge money.
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                                                                        Posted here a few months ago bragging about getting ours done for 70k ish thanks to brother in law being a big time builder doing us a favour.

                                                                        Well I completely BBVd myself as the process has begun for him to no longer be my brother in law and he is no longer our builder.

                                                                        FU BBV costing me an extra €60k
                                                                        It’s a tough one break ups are never black and white and fallouts can be costly in lots of ways. I’ll have words with him at the next family do

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                          Recommendations please. I'd like to go to Italy for a week as have never been. My requirements are, not the usual spots ie Rome, Venice etc. Something kind of old style with plenty of sightseeing, nothing ott in price. No mad nightlife as obviously no longer drink, but plenty of nice food and ice cream a beach a bonus but not pushed if none there.
                                                                          I'm googling all night and am none the wiser.

                                                                          Last short break was Lisbon and did a day trip to Cascais which was amazing.. I'd just like something different but to get alot out of it if ye get me.
                                                                          Plenty of options in Italy.

                                                                          - Go to Sciliy and rent a car. You will not be stuck for things to do.
                                                                          - Amalfi Coast as mentioned above. Options to visit Naples and Pompei in this area.
                                                                          - Cinque Terre. 5 picturesque rugged coastal towns linked mostly my foot or boat. Limited car/bus access but this is a good thing.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            You win HH - Tuesday appointment just came through.
                                                                            Snap, up in the Helix.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                              I think you mean 'discreet', although discrete works too.
                                                                              Beautiful.
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                Recommendations please. I'd like to go to Italy for a week as have never been. My requirements are, not the usual spots ie Rome, Venice etc. Something kind of old style with plenty of sightseeing, nothing ott in price. No mad nightlife as obviously no longer drink, but plenty of nice food and ice cream a beach a bonus but not pushed if none there.
                                                                                I'm googling all night and am none the wiser.

                                                                                Last short break was Lisbon and did a day trip to Cascais which was amazing.. I'd just like something different but to get alot out of it if ye get me.
                                                                                I'd go for Rome despite it being on your list of places not to go. It is a uniquely amazing and beautiful city and you'll walk around with creak in your neck from all the gawking at things. It genuinely is phenomenal.
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Got on the bike this morning and ended up in Powerscourt. What a cycle, what a destination, and what a days weather to enjoy it all in.

                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Imagine this guy being your hero https://twitter.com/Forever_Wario/st...829613056?s=19

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Santorini

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        "No mad nightlife as obviously no longer drink,"

                                                                                        Jaysus lads,
                                                                                        SatNav account has obviously been backed.

                                                                                        Better have Dom throw some Roubles at the HSE's new buddies.


                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Nice one Michelle on the booze front, so happy for you.

                                                                                          Am two months in myself and it's been a great decision so far.

                                                                                          I've been to Italy a few times, have been all over it between day trips and longer stays.

                                                                                          My favourite place of all was Florence (Firenze). The open top bus tour is a must.

                                                                                          Positano is mind blowingly beautiful though if you want a beach. It's a good workout for your legs, so be prepared for that.

                                                                                          No matter where you are though, the food will be incredible.

                                                                                          Visit a Trattoria for dinner, they're small family restaurants. The best ones have no menu, the Mama just feeds you her food.

                                                                                          Can't wait to go back.
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                                                                                            Posted here a few months ago bragging about getting ours done for 70k ish thanks to brother in law being a big time builder doing us a favour.

                                                                                            Well I completely BBVd myself as the process has begun for him to no longer be my brother in law and he is no longer our builder.

                                                                                            FU BBV costing me an extra €60k
                                                                                            Dice

                                                                                            just finished week 1 of our 5 week rebuild
                                                                                            builder is one of the best I have worked with
                                                                                            great team and attention to detail
                                                                                            can put u in touch with him
                                                                                            windows man is very good as well

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Bastard of a hangover. I am of course blaming the vaccine, and not the two bottles of plonk I had afterwards
                                                                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Hitch talking about the lack of productivity.

                                                                                                Could sleep be contributing? I'm definitely losing an hour a day with waking up early with the brightness.

                                                                                                Last Saturday I didn't close the curtains properly and it was like waking up in fucking New Grange.

                                                                                                Probably should get black out blinds
                                                                                                [Sponsored post brought to you by Lazare]




                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  If you're waking early jump up and go for some outdoor exercise, run or walk. It's a turbo boost to your productivity.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Lazare; 05-06-21, 09:42.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Here's my current alarm clock schedule, been getting up at the crack for the past 8 weeks since starting a training plan. Midweek ones getting slightly earlier as the mileage increases.

                                                                                                    Feel incredible for it. Although if I went back to 35 year old me and showed it I'd get a box in the head.

                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Haven't ran yet today though as the missus wanted a lie in. Feel a bit cheated on a Sat if I don't get out before 7am.

                                                                                                      Couldn't recommend it highly enough.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Haven't ran yet today though as the missus wanted a lie in. Feel a bit cheated on a Sat if I don't get out before 7am.

                                                                                                        Couldn't recommend it highly enough.
                                                                                                        There's something wrong with you m9
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by SatNav View Post

                                                                                                          Aye in month 4 no booze ​​​​​​

                                                                                                          Anyway just looked up accomodation, too ott.

                                                                                                          Florence actually not too bad, found some nice hotels not huge money.
                                                                                                          Florence gets disgustingly hot and humid in the summer.

                                                                                                          Better to go the mountains imo. Go visit sp's in-laws.
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                            Florence gets disgustingly hot and humid in the summer.

                                                                                                            Better to go the mountains imo. Go visit sp's in-laws.
                                                                                                            twas unbearably hot when I was there in summer before.
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

                                                                                                              There's something wrong with you m9
                                                                                                              Haha, maybe.

                                                                                                              Although I like to think I'll look back on a balanced adult life.

                                                                                                              The first half filthy fun, the second clean fun.

                                                                                                              Get yourself out at 6am on a sunny June Sunday morning, in a pair of shorts, the world to yourself. It's drugz m9.
                                                                                                              ​​​​​​
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Hitch talking about the lack of productivity.

                                                                                                                Could sleep be contributing? I'm definitely losing an hour a day with waking up early with the brightness.

                                                                                                                Last Saturday I didn't close the curtains properly and it was like waking up in fucking New Grange.

                                                                                                                Probably should get black out blinds
                                                                                                                [Sponsored post brought to you by Lazare]


                                                                                                                I think that could actually be it. As our blinds broke (still have curtains) and things start being blindingly bright at 6am now. Have even started sleeping earlier as a result, for shame.
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                                                                  Haha, maybe.

                                                                                                                  Although I like to think I'll look back on a balanced adult life.

                                                                                                                  The first half filthy fun, the second clean fun.

                                                                                                                  Get yourself out at 6am on a sunny June Sunday morning, in a pair of shorts, the world to yourself. It's drugz m9.
                                                                                                                  ​​​​​​
                                                                                                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNTPhFj6oIw
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Have been to Florence twice. The second trip was a bit of an adventure.

                                                                                                                    The first time there we got off a train in the centre of the city. Hotel was 200m away. We hung around there mostly, within a km or so of the hotel, right in the heart of things.

                                                                                                                    Went back with two friends the next February, flew to Pisa and rented a car.

                                                                                                                    My memory of Florence was that it was similar to Dublin City centre in size. I had booked the hotel, a different one, and had a loose idea of where it was.

                                                                                                                    Headed there with just the name of the hotel, figured it would be grand.

                                                                                                                    Got stuck on the autostrada for about two hours behind a crash so we reached Florence at about 11pm. Wife and two mates sculling cans the whole trip.

                                                                                                                    Knew there was a problem straight away when I realised Florence isn't the size of Dublin City after all and is fucking ginormous.

                                                                                                                    No smartphones, so no googling and no Google maps.

                                                                                                                    Asked a few Italians did they know where the hotel was with no luck. Drove around the city for hours just hoping to stumble upon it.

                                                                                                                    Eventually found the place at 4.30am. The other three having ran out of booze hours earlier.

                                                                                                                    Great craic.

                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Italy's shite. It looks great on paper but in reality it's chock full of Italians. It's like that pub in town, TP Smiths. All it's got is a brass staircase. Nothing else about it makes it a good pub. Weird layout, no atmosphere, staff are rude and slow. They think having a brass staircase means they don't have to attend to the actual business of being a nice place to have a drink. Same thing with Italy but it's an entire country.
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

                                                                                                                        Dice

                                                                                                                        just finished week 1 of our 5 week rebuild
                                                                                                                        builder is one of the best I have worked with
                                                                                                                        great team and attention to detail
                                                                                                                        can put u in touch with him
                                                                                                                        windows man is very good as well
                                                                                                                        Cheers John, have a new lad sorted, managed to hammer him down to €30k cheaper than the other 3 lads i got to price it. Helps that I used babysit him. God Im old.

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          Italy's shite. It looks great on paper but in reality it's chock full of Italians. It's like that pub in town, TP Smiths. All it's got is a brass staircase. Nothing else about it makes it a good pub. Weird layout, no atmosphere, staff are rude and slow. They think having a brass staircase means they don't have to attend to the actual business of being a nice place to have a drink. Same thing with Italy but it's an entire country.
                                                                                                                          Best description of that pub I've heard, used meet Mrs for luches in there, hated the place. Might put that up on Tripadvisor

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X