Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does an 'approval in principle' letter mean anything for mortgages? I'm guessing all the fun starts when they deep dive on the documents.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I think only you and sickpuppy could post this and not have it be your worst take
      What does the term“mental health” mean any more
      seems to encompass everything from a lad about to jump off a bridge to people frustrated at minor life inconveniences.
      it’s a handy way to shut down debate or divert criticism though - I’m surprised more politicians aren’t using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

What? You think she should be made do press conferences?

Hmmm
        Tennis blazers are the worst sort of blazers
        E2zY5hgWUAAb1fM?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
        wow thats a rather devastating paragraph

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

What does the term“mental health” mean any more
          seems to encompass everything from a lad about to jump off a bridge to people frustrated at minor life inconveniences.
          it’s a handy way to shut down debate or divert criticism though - I’m surprised more politicians aren’t using it.
          I'm not sure there's anything wrong with mental health being a continuum from 'I don't like Monday' to the actual story behind 'I don't like Mondays'. Just needs us to adapt a bit in terms of how we judge the term - is something an acceptable excuse for something going wrong, or does it just seem like an excuse.

Comment

Years ago when I regularly read the Irish times I remember I used to always look forward to thre weekly golfing column. Now, I think that golfing is a sin and find the entire enterprise extraordinarily boring - but I used to love reading the column because of how well written it was. A good writer transcends the subject matter. I have a similar feeling now for Matt Levine, except in this case I don't find the subject matter that boring. It is dense though, but he's very talented at making complicated situations easy to understand.

His two pieces on the epic battle for Exxon board seats are good examples:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...green-activist

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-a-proxy-fight

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post

out of interest, how hand made do you think the hand made white pitta breads are?
              Oh I'm not sure. I was just really spelling out the packet for him to be sure he got the correct one.

They could have made it with their arse for all I cared.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Imagine a rock star being fined for refusing to do an after gig interview . The French tournament is losing a 4 time grand slam winner and world no. 2 Its tarnished . The entertainment comes from the tennis not the press conferences. They should be allowed have the questions prewritten and if needed a rep to answer them. Luckily for her she can afford to pull out. Others should also be given the option of how they reply to the press . It's a big thing to speak to the world , it's much easier to play what you've trained your whole life for. Not everyone is as smooth as Fed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Oh I'm not sure. I was just really spelling out the packet for him to be sure he got the correct one.

Not a fan of arse made bread myself. Though they probably just label it as arse made bread when its mASS produced.

Comment

I ended up watching several videos of pitta bread factories. The only one where a human interacted with the product was putting the final result into plastic packaging. To be honest I'd far prefer if no humans were involved in making anything I eat.
                    Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Regarding the tennis outcry, this guy nailed it imo.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...droidApp_Other
                      ​​​​​.
                      ​​
                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 01-06-21, 18:41.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Not a fan of arse made bread myself. Though they probably just label it as arse made bread when its mASS produced.
                        Would that be Holemeal bread there Ted?

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Would that be Holemeal bread there Ted?
                          I personally sphincter bread would be shit

Comment

PITA bread? More like Pain In The Ass bread, amirite?

Comment

Where would one get padron peppers? Don't think I've ever seen them in any shop?

Comment

Where would one get padron peppers? Don't think I've ever seen them in any shop?
                                MrsHiFi picked some up in Dunnes a few weeks ago for something I was making. I'd never used or seen them before (small green fellas, kinda bitter but not unpleasent).

In the veg section as you'd expect but clearly hidden in plain sight.

Comment

Definitely seen them in my local. Yup, here you go.

Fallon and Byrne probably too.

Watch out for the one rogue spicy one in every jar.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Thats a lie.
                                    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...began-12322274
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I've seen ones that look very like them in the veg shop inside Eurasia Indian supermarket off Fonthill Road.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sports don't need fans, spectators, analysts, sponsors or columnists. Sports exist because of enthusiastic participants. Like sex, just get in there and participate with like minded enthusiasts. Who needs creepy voyeurs.

Comment

Like I mean sports analysts and pundits. WTF. Do I really need somebody to explain to me what I'm watching with my own eyes? Maybe it's a hangover from radio days or are people too lazy to think for themselves and maybe form their own opinion.

Comment

In the first place, God created idiots.
                                            That was just for practice.
                                            Then he created anti-vaxxers.

(with apologies to Mark Twain)

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                              Like I mean sports analysts and pundits. WTF. Do I really need somebody to explain to me what I'm watching with my own eyes? Maybe it's a hangover from radio days or are people too lazy to think for themselves and maybe form their own opinion.
                                              The best sports commentary has nothing to do with what is happening on the screen.

Comment

TY all

Comment

The best sports commentary has nothing to do with what is happening on the screen.
                                                  Sometimes

Comment

No arses, they're in the glute free section!

Comment

It's a bit messier than that https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57320320

In fact, according to the UK's current definition, deaths within four weeks of a positive test, there was a day with no reportable deaths last summer - on 30 July.

But the government did announce some deaths on that day as they were using a different definition at the time.

Comment

It was indeed a poor attempt at humour, as the story is not, as you reported it, that there were no UK deaths yesterday, but rather than there was no covid-related UK deaths. An achievement for sure, but not on the same scale as stopping the process of dying more generally.

Comment

For all you lower back pain sufferers. I recommend you buy a wobble/balance board. A few mins a day and you'll be right as rain . (Activiations etc) It's also great for improving your balance funnily enough which helps with nearly everything you do physically.

Dont mention it.

Comment

Comment

Just got my appointment for the second shot on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                Just got my appointment for the second shot on Friday
                                                                Nice. my 2nd is in a couple of weeks

Comment

E2p_HwXWUAQ8U1-?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    His new place on Camden St looks almost ready to open - Place looks huge - I hope nobody sets foot in the place. He's a horrible cunt.

Comment

Cold War Steve's Festival of Brexit book is one of the best things I have ever purchased
                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

The classic 8-part chicken cut was today's cooking lesson that I had to implement. A deeply disturbing activity that will hopefully not haunt me in the dark nights.

Comment

The classic 8-part chicken cut was today's cooking lesson that I had to implement. A deeply disturbing activity that will hopefully not haunt me in the dark nights.

Wastes literally the best part of the chicken
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The Oysters?

Comment

The stuffing?
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

the skin

Comment

Meat is murder
                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

My property tax is actually going down...wont hear a bad word about this government.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                      My property tax is actually going down...wont hear a bad word about this government.
                                                                                      Made the lahmacun for dinner. Damn!

Screwed around with the recipe a bit but was still superb. Fine summer eats.

Comment

Made the lahmacun for dinner. Damn!

Screwed around with the recipe a bit but was still superb. Fine summer eats.
                                                                                        Ill deffo be doing them again and trying pork and beef.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Ill deffo be doing them again and trying pork and beef.
                                                                                          I used Harissa instead of that spicy Turkish pepper thing and sprinkled sumac on top after cooking. Lemon\parsley\red onion and roll 'er up. Devour. Think I got overexcited and ate too much.

Comment

Watching some odd show called The Butcher at the moment also. Where amateur butchers compete to be the best butcher. I shit you not. Its an actual show.

Comment

Watching some odd show called The Butcher at the moment also. Where amateur butchers compete to be the best butcher. I shit you not. Its an actual show.
                                                                                              I trust you Tell us about it. Dont mince your words I fillet might be worth a butchers Is it on Prime ?

Comment

It's quiet good, think I watched it last year, they throw in a few out there can carcasses for them to break down!
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Haven't read this yet, but looks good..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I see Mr Inbetween is back, decent show.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Netanyahu is indeed out the door.

Fairly mental that the new PM's party has a mere 7 of the 120 seats in the Knesset. There's hope for Alan Kelly yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

The Oysters?
                                                                                                          Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

The Oysters?
                                                                                                            Yup.
                                                                                                            Taking the back and freezing it for stock is an awful idea.
                                                                                                            That's a post roast carcasses job

Comment

The oysters being the "Nicest" part of a chicken is bullshit. I'm not having that. People want that to be true so much.

Comment

https://www.reuters.com/world/russia...us-2021-06-02/

How is that a headline in 2021. It's nuts.

Read Bill Browder's Red Notice. I loved the first half where he documents Hermitage Capital's ascent to success. Some of the early deals in Russia were insane.
                                                                                                                The second half read like a waaay too long Eulogy to his mate Sergei Magnetsky. Suppose he had to feel like he was doing him justice. However it did highlight how fucked Navalny is and not looking too good for Protasevich that he's still in custody. Can't see Navalny ever getting out of Jail and the rest of the world hasn't been much help to the other chap so far.

Russia is absolutely fucking mental.

Comment

Yup.
                                                                                                                  Taking the back and freezing it for stock is an awful idea.
                                                                                                                  That's a post roast carcasses job
                                                                                                                  I wouldn't necessarily agree here. If I'm grilling a chicken on the BBQ, it makes more sense for me to remove the bird's spine and spatchcock. That's simply based on the fact I have a small kettle grill so space is an issue and it's also faster to cook this way. Also if you have the time, brining (or dry brining) makes for an incredible chicken. It's 100% worth the extra effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                    https://www.reuters.com/world/russia...us-2021-06-02/

How is that a headline in 2021. It's nuts.

Read Bill Browder's Red Notice. I loved the first half where he documents Hermitage Capital's ascent to success. Some of the early deals in Russia were insane.
                                                                                                                    The second half read like a waaay too long Eulogy to his mate Sergei Magnetsky. Suppose he had to feel like he was doing him justice. However it did highlight how fucked Navalny is and not looking too good for Protasevich that he's still in custody. Can't see Navalny ever getting out of Jail and the rest of the world hasn't been much help to the other chap so far.

Russia is absolutely fucking mental.
                                                                                                                    Dictators gonna dick.

Comment

Remember that what triggered this escalation of the campaign against Navalny was not his politicking, but rather that he exposed some of Putin's corruption to the people by detailing the scale of the palace he has built for himself down on the Black Sea.

Since then he's been poisoned with Novichok, thrown in jail for no reason and is now being tortured.

Vlad doesn't like his own image being tarnished.

Comment

Haven't read this yet, but looks good..

Quite a few

download (2).jpeg
                                                                                                                        required

Comment

What info needed for the self reg for the vaccination? Just email address, phone number and dob? They don't need PSS number?
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X