This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Are we about the same height RD? You seem to be interpreting your 80kg as svelte, while mine looks a bit flabby (I would have been about 65kg when we last met), so I must do some more targetted exercises. Transfer some of the wobbly stuff to muscles.
    I'm 5ft 11". So yeah I think we're pretty much about the same.

I'm more basing it on "I was this weight 20 years ago (when I was extremely fit) so that's probably about the right weight to be".
    It's, like, science or something dude.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

28 days today since I had my first shot and haven't received a text about the second. Anyone heard if they are short of the Moderna stuff?
      Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
        28 days today since I had my first shot and haven't received a text about the second. Anyone heard if they are short of the Moderna stuff?
        I received the Moderna Friday, as did everyone else at the center that day, a mate went Thursday and it was Pfizer on offer.
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          @HH, 12 days to go in our bet. I registered right on the button on 21-May but no text back yet. Might yet be close.

Annoyingly one of my same-aged friends is marching off to the Aviva right now to get jabbed so definitely an element of randomness to it.
          They seem to be backed up a bit. 40-44 was meant to be open last week, now they'll probably announce it tomorrow for later this week. Meaning it might be mid June before it actually happens.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I received the Moderna Friday, as did everyone else at the center that day, a mate went Thursday and it was Pfizer on offer.
            Was that your second one, and if so ho long was it after the 1st one? Also were you referred by a hospital or GP or did you register yourself?
            Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Was that your second one, and if so ho long was it after the 1st one? Also were you referred by a hospital or GP or did you register yourself?
              First dose, registered myself.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

They seem to be backed up a bit. 40-44 was meant to be open last week, now they'll probably announce it tomorrow for later this week. Meaning it might be mid June before it actually happens.
                Allegedly they are doing 300k a week so I would have actually thought the 50-somethings are pretty much done as regards first shots and they should be rampaging through the 40-something bracket right now. Should be enough Pfizer, Moderna and AZ incoming to easily keep us at 300k+ p/w.

Comment

Took a visit to Rush with the kids yesterday. Gave them the after beach chipper experience. I was walking past a FULL bin with my rubbish to go into a garage with a semi bull bin. On the way back I saw a teenager throw a pizza box on the street . My pet hate. Not trying to be a bollix I said. There is a semi empty bin up the road. Why not use that. Expecting his entourage to swear etc I was pleasantly surprised to hear the lad say. Fk it . I just dropped it. Thanks I'll use that bin . Nice 1 .

Thought I'd give a balanced viewpoint of the much maligned 17 years old types . Not all are scumbags.

Comment

The covid vaccine appointment thread on boards is good (it's being kept clear of the usual nonsense).
                    Just people listing their age, location, registration date and when/where they got called for a vaccine, & which vaccine.
                    Gives you an idea of how it's filtering down through the age groups and when you might get called.
                    Link to last page (40 posts per page).
                    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...184723&page=42

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      The covid vaccine appointment thread on boards is good (it's being kept clear of the usual nonsense).
                      Just people listing their age, location, registration date and when/where they got called for a vaccine, & which vaccine.
                      Gives you an idea of how it's filtering down through the age groups and when you might get called.
                      That's a good resource, thanks AJ

I suspect I'm either the Helix (DCU) or Croke Park and they seem to be mainly doing HSE staff and 50+ at the moment. Mrs D3 got her second AZ jab there in CP on Thursday.

Comment

Might be a really dumb question but I can't find it online - where is the login link for the portal so you can see your status online?

nvm, found it: https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/

Comment

nvm: found it - https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/ and 'Already have an account'

Unsurprisingly says 'Awaiting Appointment 1' as current status.

Comment

Greek salad with barbequed lamb lined up for tonight. You'd normally have a tasty light white bread with that?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Thats a delicious thread. Mainly 100 posts in a row of 'I'm 48 and vaccinated' followed by one lonely soul saying 'but what about MEEEEEE'. Suck up the randomness.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                Took a visit to Rush with the kids yesterday. Gave them the after beach chipper experience. I was walking past a FULL bin with my rubbish to go into a garage with a semi bull bin. On the way back I saw a teenager throw a pizza box on the street . My pet hate. Not trying to be a bollix I said. There is a semi empty bin up the road. Why not use that. Expecting his entourage to swear etc I was pleasantly surprised to hear the lad say. Fk it . I just dropped it. Thanks I'll use that bin . Nice 1 .

Thought I'd give a balanced viewpoint of the much maligned 17 years old types . Not all are scumbags.
                                Almost started a fight on the street the other week after a fella threw his cigarette butt at a bin but not into the bin and called me a cunt when I passively aggressively suggested he has another go.

The blindness of some people as to "what is littering" is terrible imo.

Comment

I had my first moderna about 2 weeks ago, about 3 days after the first shot i got another text with my next appointment exactly 28 days after my first.
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Thats a delicious thread. Mainly 100 posts in a row of 'I'm 48 and vaccinated' followed by one lonely soul saying 'but what about MEEEEEE'. Suck up the randomness.
                                    Won't anyone think of the children??!!
                                    (And meeeeee)
                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Greek salad with barbequed lamb lined up for tonight. You'd normally have a tasty light white bread with that?
                                      Pitta I would suggest.

Aldi do imo the best around. It's a brand called Balllymore Crust, hand made white pitta breads.

Stick them on the bbq for a couple of mins each side.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Walked into work this am (about 3 miles). Will be on feet all day so not looking forward to the walk home.

Was in the mountains yesterday for an 1 1/2 walk near Tibradden, great view of Dublin bay.

Down a bit on weight (about 5 pounds) but dont feel any different. Could just be water as belly looks the same. Need to start back properly on conditioning to form up my magnificent muscles!!

Comment

@HH, 12 days to go in our bet. I registered right on the button on 21-May but no text back yet. Might yet be close.

Annoyingly one of my same-aged friends is marching off to the Aviva right now to get jabbed so definitely an element of randomness to it.
                                          Regged same day as you. Should be Citywest or Aviva id imagine so interesting to see who hears back first

Comment

Given that we have already descended to this level - what would be good exercises to swap belly weight for muscles? pls explain like I'm five

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Regged same day as you. Should be Citywest or Aviva id imagine so interesting to see who hears back first
                                              Have €25 on the coinflip and stop messing.

Got a text for Seatlle Sound e/w. 7.15 Roscommon earlier. Fancier prices snapped up it seems.

Comment

Given that we have already descended to this level - what would be good exercises to swap belly weight for muscles? pls explain like I'm five
                                                Pick up heavy things, put them down.
                                                Pick them back up again.

I bought a yoga mat the other day.
                                                It's looking at me in my attic office both mocking it's owner and mourning it's own fate of wasted potenial
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 31-05-21, 14:11.

Comment

Can't remember if I posted about it at the time but a few weeks ago I was driving along a narrow road along by the canal when I caught a lad fecking a bag of litter out of the passenger side of a car behind me. I slowed down where there was no passing me. I got out and spoke to the driver who was a young wan with two lads probably just teenagers and rough as fuck, I just said to her 'I think you left something behind you back there you better go and get it'. Got back into the car and just sat there, after a minute or two the passenger walked back down the road and picked it up. I said fair play to you and drove on
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Would love to be at the racing in Cartmel today looks like a great meeting, maybe next year.

Comment

Irish GDP is growing at a rate of knots. Brexit has been great for financial services, and a range of other industries seem to be doing very well (tech, pharma etc) whilst agri and tourism sector have been suffering. Irish savings are continuing to grow and we have negative interest rates slowly about to impact the masses.

I'd imagine its pretty short odds that we have an explosion of spending (as sure fuck it I'm losing money in the bank) and the tourism and domestic services sector bouncing back (once rational restaurants owners wind-up and restart under a new ltd. company).

So does anyone have a plan to take advantage??? Obviously buying and holding inflation linked assets should be good but any other cunning plans???

Get back into poker????

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                          Irish GDP is growing at a rate of knots. Brexit has been great for financial services, and a range of other industries seem to be doing very well (tech, pharma etc) whilst agri and tourism sector have been suffering. Irish savings are continuing to grow and we have negative interest rates slowly about to impact the masses.

I'd imagine its pretty short odds that we have an explosion of spending (as sure fuck it I'm losing money in the bank) and the tourism and domestic services sector bouncing back (once rational restaurants owners wind-up and restart under a new ltd. company).

So does anyone have a plan to take advantage??? Obviously buying and holding inflation linked assets should be good but any other cunning plans???

Get back into poker????
                                                          I'm gonna become a cowboy builder.

Or else open a food truck with Lazare and Ole in the kitchen.

Comment

I'm gonna become a cowboy builder.

Or else open a food truck with Lazare and Ole in the kitchen.
                                                            I think you are going along the right lines....find someone hard working and talented in the service industry looking for start up capital...A good chef looking to launch their own biz post COVID....
                                                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 31-05-21, 16:17.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

News and social media comment tends towards the negative. This is more of a moan thread than one of praise.

That said I expect this vaccine rollout drive to be recognized as one of the most splendid endeavors in the history of civilization.
                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Get back into poker????
                                                                I agree on pent up spending and I particularly think 2022 will be the year of "anywhere but home".

No plan but I've been considering, probably naively, about purchasing a house in the wesht, Clare/Kerry are and running reciprocal golf tours through it.

Rocky Links Tours
                                                                We have a a bit of space here we can take advantage of for lodging this side of the Atlantic.
                                                                The house in Clare/Kerry would be the lodging that side. Have the oul lad run it.

Present Golf tours of the Rockies and Okanagan to Irish people.
                                                                Present Golf tours of the Links of SW Ireland to Canadians.

Kind of inspired by the NLU lads doing their Irish tour. I think the mountain courses out here would be as awe inspiring to Irish as the links was to Americans/Canadians.
                                                                Plus our weather is just so much better.

Other than that, I'm just gonna make sure I pump some cash into my theme of 2022.
                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I think you are going along the right lines....find someone hard working and talented in the service industry looking for start up capital...A good chef looking to launch their own biz post COVID....
                                                                  Ive a buddy running a very very successful pizza food truck, this is somewhat along the lines of his thinking.
                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                      News and social media comment tends towards the negative. This is more of a moan thread than one of praise.

That said I expect this vaccine rollout drive to be recognized as one of the most splendid endeavors in the history of civilization.
                                                                      Well said. I imagine there is an incredible book to be written about the vaccine development and rollout.

Comment

Get back into poker????
                                                                        I've been humming and hawing on this. Inflation will be sky high so holding onto cash is probably a very bad idea. Gambling on the shitcoin bubble seems like madness so we'll probably want to put at least 25% into that. It's really only the stock market I can see as being stable, but that's also being hugely propped up by QE right now. Other than that, AirBNB will be massively popular over the next few years. Grab a city centre apartment, rent it to English lager louts and hope they don't trash the place?
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

If inflation really is a-comin' then y'all better get fixing your mortgages.

Comment

I'm 5ft 11". So yeah I think we're pretty much about the same.

I'm more basing it on "I was this weight 20 years ago (when I was extremely fit) so that's probably about the right weight to be".
                                                                              It's, like, science or something dude.
                                                                              Both fighters confirmed for light heavyweight division. Looking forward to prefight weigh-in face off.

Comment

Both fighters confirmed for light heavyweight division. Looking forward to prefight weigh-in face off.
                                                                                What we now need, more than fitness, skills or training, is some cool nicknames.

Raoul 'Destroyer' Duke? Hitch 'Hurtmaster' Hiker?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

I've been humming and hawing on this. Inflation will be sky high so holding onto cash is probably a very bad idea. Gambling on the shitcoin bubble seems like madness so we'll probably want to put at least 25% into that. It's really only the stock market I can see as being stable, but that's also being hugely propped up by QE right now. Other than that, AirBNB will be massively popular over the next few years. Grab a city centre apartment, rent it to English lager louts and hope they don't trash the place?
                                                                                  Flipping old derelict houses in rural areas seems to be the thing down own way. Can bypass full planning restrictions by passing it of as an extension, but you practically end up with a new build. The site alone can be worth the money.

Sexy
                                                                                  https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detache...galway/2871612

Comment

Flipping old derelict houses in rural areas seems to be the thing down own way. Can bypass full planning restrictions by passing it of as an extension, but you practically end up with a new build. The site alone can be worth the money.

Sexy
                                                                                    https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detache...galway/2871612
                                                                                    Daily bus services to Roscommon? SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Buy a house with debt. Debt goes down in value, house (hopefully!) goes up.

The whole of Fintwit is engaged in a long-running battle as to whether the current inflation will be transitionary or not. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-asset-markets

Comment

Guy muttering away to himself on a Zoon call earlier, clearly not realising he hadn't muted himself (or maybe just not giving a fuck). Some highlights:
                                                                                        • "this fucking moron is still around huh, fucks sake"
                                                                                        • "fuck off" (multiple times)
                                                                                        • "this is fucked"
                                                                                        • "fuck off if you think I'm getting involved in this shit"
                                                                                        etc.
                                                                                        Was me and some Indian folks on the call and I guess they were too polite to tell him, plus I found it most entertaining.

Comment

Guy muttering away to himself on a Zoon call earlier, clearly not realising he hadn't muted himself (or maybe just not giving a fuck). Some highlights:
                                                                                          • "this is fucked"
                                                                                          etc.
                                                                                          Was me and some Indian folks on the call and I guess they were too polite to tell him, plus I found it most entertaining.
                                                                                          I'm not a cat

Comment

Kate Winslet and Julianne Nicholson were quite something in Mare of Eastown, struggling to think of better performances ever on a TV show. The writing and directing was quality that worked with them to take something that could easily have been a mundane whodunnit to a different level altogether. Best new TV in ages.

Comment

• "this is fucked"
                                                                                              etc.
                                                                                              I did a version of that the other day deliberately by opening up another call to talk to someone else about the issue at hand. Set it all up and then at the crucial moment unmuted the original call so they could hear someone else express at a distance how idiotic what they wanted to do was. Worked a treat

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Kate Winslet and Julianne Nicholson were quite something in Mare of Eastown, struggling to think of better performances ever on a TV show. The writing and directing was quality that worked with them to take something that could easily have been a mundane whodunnit to a different level altogether. Best new TV in ages.
                                                                                                Was very enjoyable but they kinda fucked up the part.....
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                about the gun going missing and now back in the shed, according to the kids timeline it was only gone a few hours that night, the gun owner gave the impression it was taken and returned months later.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

I kinda invest in this stuff via https://kaleunited.com/
                                                                                                  They fund vegan businesses starting out, also buy them, launched their first restaurant this year etc. Returns so far this year are 70%.
                                                                                                  Also I am still looking into being an online retailer of vegan goods but it is slow going with life.

Comment

• "this is fucked"
                                                                                                    etc.
                                                                                                    I did this when a call started without me realising, cursing nonstop giving out about doing this presentation for these wankers I don't even know... but the presentation I was doing was to the head of all the intelligence agencies in the US (the kind of people you can't even imagine smiling) to get the final seal on buying something. Got the demo working 5 mins beforehand. Even after I finished talking there is no visible emotions or reaction on these peoples faces. They didn't mention anything and just bought it. Just said "That's good enough for me" or something.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-06-21, 13:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Pitta I would suggest.

Aldi do imo the best around. It's a brand called Balllymore Crust, hand made white pitta breads.

Stick them on the bbq for a couple of mins each side.
                                                                                                      out of interest, how hand made do you think the hand made white pitta breads are?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Was very enjoyable but they kinda fucked up the part.....
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        about the gun going missing and now back in the shed, according to the kids timeline it was only gone a few hours that night, the gun owner gave the impression it was taken and returned months later.
                                                                                                        There are a few bits of plotting that are inconsistent as it switches from whodunnit to whydunnit and back again mostly around who knew what when but IMO they take little or nothing away from whats happening in the foreground amongst the various Mammies.

Comment

Naomi Osaka showing where ceding space in media etc to mental health grifters will get you
                                                                                                          inatagram/ and hitches fav tik tok etc is full of it, full blown narcissists pointing at speech bubbles full of grandiose self justification
                                                                                                          theres going to be hell to pay (and it’s started already) in the future for allowing this shit to stand

Comment

Thing that stands out to me from the pics of crowds in Dublin at the weekend is how badly dressed most of the young crowd are - lots of love island contestant style tat- prob looks good in a tik Tok video

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

There are a few bits of plotting that are inconsistent as it switches from whodunnit to whydunnit and back again mostly around who knew what when but IMO they take little or nothing away from whats happening in the foreground amongst the various Mammies.
                                                                                                              Oh for sure,
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              that final scene in the kitchen, heartbreaking, a broken woman, she should win all the awards for that scene alone.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

• "this is fucked"
                                                                                                                etc.
                                                                                                                Reverso?
                                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                  Naomi Osaka showing where ceding space in media etc to mental health grifters will get you
                                                                                                                  inatagram/ and hitches fav tik tok etc is full of it, full blown narcissists pointing at speech bubbles full of grandiose self justification
                                                                                                                  theres going to be hell to pay (and it’s started already) in the future for allowing this shit to stand
                                                                                                                  What? You think she should be made do press conferences?

Hmmm
                                                                                                                  Tennis blazers are the worst sort of blazers
                                                                                                                  E2zY5hgWUAAb1fM?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

No deaths reported in the UK today first time since the pandemic began.

Comment

I think only you and sickpuppy could post this and not have it be your worst take

Comment

Petra Kvitová fell over and injured herself doing the press conferences, and has subsequently had to pull out of the tournament.
                                                                                                                        https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/57319108

Proves Osaka was correct imo.

Comment

No deaths reported in the UK today first time since the pandemic began.
                                                                                                                          Thats a lie.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X