• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    I guess jbravado​​​​​​ never went on the DMT retreat in the end
    https://bigthink.com/amp/dmt-beings-...mpression=true
    Reminds me of this story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.iri...219%3fmode=amp
    He was accused of unlawfully importing 8.5kg of a substance called N,N-Dimethyltryptamine at Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport on November 13th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
      WFH discussion is interesting. I have been in Barbados since December. Would recommend
      Clearly I am wrong on the tax angle so.

How does it work?
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Would you not bring him out to an industrial estate or the likes at the weekend or at night?
        I have tried. There is a reason control freaks are not driving instructors.
        His mother is taking him now, i really didnt want to have a falling out with him so took a back seat...literally.
        This too shall pass.

Comment

On the cyclist thing, I remember my Dad saying something to me a long time ago that stuck.

A kid on a bike cycled out in front of us, not too dangerously, 50m or so up the road.

My Dad said 'See that, whenever that happens you, don't look at the kid, watch out for his mate'
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Anyone know a decent spot with outdoor screens?
            Trying to book my brothers stags and all I can think of is courtyard in leixslip or toners /d2/diceys in town.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Congrats V.
              Great news dude
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

How much time do you think he had to consider all these options given he was driving around a corner? I think you’re being unfairly harsh.
                How much time does it take to read the rules of the road?
                It's as simple as this IMO - He crossed a continuous white line and that is at least careless but at the speed he was doing it's clearly dangerous.
                I know the road very well and have seen the problem he faced at first hand going the other there had been an issue with people parking in a crazily dangerous manner to go to mass.
                I don't expect him to reverse back and go the long way around but having crossed the line illegally I expect him at a minimum to move at a crawl and stop if anything comes towards him. Even at that I expect him to be held responsible for anything that happens as a result of his illegal action.
                Turning around or waiting is the only legal way out but there were practical alternatives that would not have resulted in the cyclists death and that should have consequences.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  When everyone's grandkids are saying JFM, AMJ, JAS, OND and calling you out for saying summer (some people don't even have seasons you seasonist! Maybe months being abstracted will then follow for some tribes sake) that is when I can point to RDIII and say people do not get more conservative as they age, the youth get more liberal than the previous gen while everybody else gets stuck in their ways. It's already happening with pronouns, non-binary and whatever else.
                  I feel oppressed by this, even though I don't know how.

Comment

How much time does it take to read the rules of the road?
                    It's as simple as this IMO - He crossed a continuous white line and that is at least careless but at the speed he was doing it's clearly dangerous.
                    I know the road very well and have seen the problem he faced at first hand going the other there had been an issue with people parking in a crazily dangerous manner to go to mass.
                    I don't expect him to reverse back and go the long way around but having crossed the line illegally I expect him at a minimum to move at a crawl and stop if anything comes towards him. Even at that I expect him to be held responsible for anything that happens as a result of his illegal action.
                    Turning around or waiting is the only legal way out but there were practical alternatives that would not have resulted in the cyclists death and that should have consequences.
                    Had one years ago that im still not 100% who would be accountable.

On a windy part of the Naas - Blessington road stuck behind a learner doing maybe 40/50 kmh. We round a bend and the line turns broken so i go to pull out and overtake. Problem is this young boyracer in his Ma's Fiat Punto has come around the bend behind me doing at least 90. He has never been in my rearview mirror but as i ready to pull out he is literally alongside me right in my blindspot on the wrong side of a continuous white line. Thankfully I cop him last second but our wheelarches touch due to narrowness of the road (I didnt feel anything) . Anyway he eventually pulls her up about a mile down the road and we have a quick chat.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I have tried. There is a reason control freaks are not driving instructors.
                      His mother is taking him now, i really didnt want to have a falling out with him so took a back seat...literally.
                      Oh for sure there is an HiLarious () video of me freaking out with No2 Daughter as she is heading straight for something on my one and only attempt to sit in the car with her driving.

Comment

RDIII - where did you source your eames chair from?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          Trying to book my brothers stags and all I can think of is courtyard in leixslip or toners /d2/diceys in town.
                          I'm not sure about decent, but madigans/living room.

And the George actually

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            Would be surprised if open gate brewery don't stick a screen up in their outdoor spot for the euros.

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                              RDIII - where did you source your eames chair from?
                              This place. Run by a nice Irish lady, good service.

Not sure what the post-Brexit story is though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Had one years ago that im still not 100% who would be accountable.

On a windy part of the Naas - Blessington road stuck behind a learner doing maybe 40/50 kmh. We round a bend and the line turns broken so i go to pull out and overtake. Problem is this young boyracer in his Ma's Fiat Punto has come around the bend behind me doing at least 90. He has never been in my rearview mirror but as i ready to pull out he is literally alongside me right in my blindspot on the wrong side of a continuous white line. Thankfully I cop him last second but our wheelarches touch due to narrowness of the road (I didnt feel anything) . Anyway he eventually pulls her up about a mile down the road and we have a quick chat.
                                Thats a nasty one, favourite boy racer trick. I wouldn't be sure but I think its your problem as you pull out to overtake second.

Comment

Champions League final! Bouncing off the walls waiting for the game to start. Hoping no penalties but heard the ref has history with Pep. Apparently ref gave pep a red card.

Where's Chadley??
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Bloody hell. City have been playing with a DM all season and chose today of all days to play without one. Very classic Pep

Very attacking lineup for city. Which could be good or very very bad against the Chelsea counter.

Should be entertaining anyhow
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I still shake my head at his lineup last year against Lyon in the quarters when all he had to do was play a normal team.

Comment

Expect City to hit 5. Chelski off the boil . Sterling an interesting pick as he sometimes goes missing but his pace should trouble them. Mahrez for 1st goal .

Comment

Foden for man of vf the match .

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                            Champions League final! Bouncing off the walls waiting for the game to start. Hoping no penalties but heard the ref has history with Pep. Apparently ref gave pep a red card.
                                            Football's Eurovision.
                                            It's good they never clash.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Just one day of sunshine. At a weekend. That's all I ask.
                                              Good stuff, your wish came true today.

If Monkeys Paw science is accurate (which is likely) there'll probably be horrible consequences for you though.

Comment

Some great Joey from Tyrone memes doing the rounds none better than this one

Comment

Some great Joey from Tyrone memes doing the rounds none better than this one
                                                  I'm about as tired of them as I am of gay twitter responding to Gemma O'Doherty's crap.
                                                  Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Good final this between Filthy Dirty Russian Money FC and Abu Dhabi Sportswashing City.

Hopefully FDRM FC don't regret all those other chances wasted in the first half.

Comment

Good final this between Filthy Dirty Russian Money FC and Abu Dhabi Sportswashing City.

Hopefully FDRM FC don't regret all those other chances wasted in the first half.
                                                      Is your son wearing his FDRM FC kit?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

Is your son wearing his FDRM FC kit?
                                                        He became an Arsenal supporter about three years back.

Obviously regretting this now.

Comment

He became an Arsenal supporter about three years back.

Obviously regretting this now.
                                                          You can only get away with one more change as a young lad, push him or get him into hockey and cricket.

Comment

England have some team for the Euros . Mount was brilliant tonight.

Pep really messed up his tactics .

Comment

Hon the blues!
                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Viper stream is a decent way of watching dull soccer

Comment

John Terry getting kit on.
                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

You can only get away with one more change as a young lad, push him or get him into hockey and cricket.
                                                                    He's actually quite good at the other two, but has no interest. All about the soccer but hopefully he grows out of it.

Best team won there anyway, wp.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Would be surprised if open gate brewery don't stick a screen up in their outdoor spot for the euros.
                                                                      That's a good shout

Comment

You can talk about Pep's team choice but a lot of those City players bottled it tonight whereas the Chelsea players didn't.

Comment

Galaxy brain Pep strikes again.

Was hopping mad when a few chances fell to Werner.
                                                                          Feared the worst when Silva went off.
                                                                          Not quite as much an underdog as 2012 but I still can't really let it sink in.
                                                                          Nice one for Havertz especially after getting a bad dose of covid affecting most of his season.

Dave was immense as was Rudi.
                                                                          Kova brilliant when he came on, pure class.
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ok Strewel I'll bite.

Have you ever seen / enjoyed a game of football?
                                                                            cos you seem to fucking watch it a fair bit like?
                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

On the subject of driving tests,
                                                                              whatever they test people on these days it's wholely inadequate ímo.

Daughter aced the test at 1st attempt
                                                                              and it's no exaggeration to say that
                                                                              sitting in a car driven by her
                                                                              is the most terrifying experience
                                                                              I've ever had ..... by an enormous margin.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                You can talk about Pep's team choice but a lot of those City players bottled it tonight whereas the Chelsea players didn't.
                                                                                I don't get why he starts Sterling after basically marginalising him most of the year?
                                                                                I was delighted when I saw the citeh midfield.
                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                  Ok Strewel I'll bite.

Have you ever seen / enjoyed a game of football?
                                                                                  cos you seem to fucking watch it a fair bit like?
                                                                                  I think that was the first full game I've watched probably since lockdown, will probably watch some of the Euros.

Comment

Her test was also the momentwhen I realised
                                                                                    she had me by the short 'n' curlys.

On her 18th birthday she asked to be insured.
                                                                                    I played for time by pointing out she was heading abroad for university
                                                                                    so we'd wait for her to come home.

She then proceeded to take lessons
                                                                                    which I only found out about when
                                                                                    out of the blue she asked for a lift to her test.

Driving home with her certificate achieved
                                                                                    she acquired a doe eyed demeanor and
                                                                                    informed me her savings wouldn't stretch
                                                                                    to a car so she'd have to get a motorbike.

Needless to say my car insurance acquired
                                                                                    a named driver by the close of business.

Comment

Ah that was an unreal chelsea performance.

City only really started playing when Jesus came in. Other than that they were easy nullified.

kante was everywhere.
                                                                                      chillwell was class.

Next years PL gonna be great.
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Original bbc TV series of Tinker Tailor Sailor spy starting on BBC4 now

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          No they didn't. Chelsea lads wanted it more and were prepped like an army.

No city player should be talked down at all except stones who had dodgy moments and that's OK. Zinchenko is shit but did OK. De Bruyne going off might be mentioned but city were better after it. The rest of their superstars were met with prepared players who wanted it that 1% more. Pep wanted to go 1 or 2 up and shut up shop. His plan became Chelseas reality. Chelsea lads gave it their all then got compact and did the job. Pep can't even be blamed, his tactics were right to try beat a team that's beaten him twice recently.

Blue is the colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

City only really started playing when Jesus came in. Other than that they were easy nullified.
                                                                                            Did they?

Jesus is such a bad player for a supposedly top class player.

Should have brought Sergio on at that point imo.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Da Chd
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                Sorry to hear about your Da Chd
                                                                                                Thank you. I'm a very lucky man to of had him.

Comment

Boris has apparently got married again.

Good luck to the new Mrs Boris.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                    Mellor, any plans for Q3?
                                                                                                    Hopefully planning a trip to Ireland late Q3. Of course, that'll be Q1 in Ireland - so that wokeness that is non hemisphere centric names is utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                                                      On the subject of driving tests,
                                                                                                      whatever they test people on these days it's wholely inadequate ímo.

Daughter aced the test at 1st attempt
                                                                                                      and it's no exaggeration to say that
                                                                                                      sitting in a car driven by her
                                                                                                      is the most terrifying experience
                                                                                                      I've ever had ..... by an enormous margin.
                                                                                                      Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                                                      Her test was also the moment when I realised
                                                                                                      she had me by the short 'n' curlys.

On her 18th birthday she asked to be insured.
                                                                                                      I played for time by pointing out she was heading abroad for university
                                                                                                      so we'd wait for her to come home.

She then proceeded to take lessons
                                                                                                      which I only found out about when
                                                                                                      out of the blue she asked for a lift to her test.

Driving home with her certificate achieved
                                                                                                      she acquired a doe eyed demeanor and
                                                                                                      informed me her savings wouldn't stretch
                                                                                                      to a car so she'd have to get a motorbike.

Needless to say my car insurance acquired
                                                                                                      a named driver by the close of business.

You should post more of your poetry

Comment

Lara Hogan: "I'd like to have a mutually beneficial non threatening conversation about enriching our sex life"
                                                                                                        Gender unspecified partner but currently identifying as male: Drops trousers hopefully (only hears one word)
                                                                                                        Lara: "Theres just one teeny tiny little thing"

"Its just cold, for fucks sake"

Comment

Looks like Netanyahu is out the door.

The opposition must really hate him, given the diversity of the coalition being assembled. Would be like FG + SF + Healy Reas + PBP + Mattie McGrath + that lunatic wan from Wexford + Muck Wallace and Ming.

Comment

Looks like Netanyahu is out the door.

The opposition must really hate him, given the diversity of the coalition being assembled. Would be like FG + SF + Healy Reas + PBP + Mattie McGrath + that lunatic wan from Wexford + Muck Wallace and Ming.
                                                                                                            Bennett is an even more religious right wing nut than him though?
                                                                                                            Still, grab power when you can.
                                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                              If i had an Ooni / Roccbox / Gozney it wouldn't be too long before i gave this a spin. Absolutely delicious.

A few months after SP but gave this a go today, made all the flat breads at the same time, lots of flour, no sticking no panic, very easy cook.

PXL-20210530-152013301.jpg

PXL-20210530-151954059.jpg

PXL-20210530-153002035.jpg

PXL-20210530-153140023.jpg

PXL-20210530-153504170.jpg

PXL-20210530-155725457.jpg
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Bennett is an even more religious right wing nut than him though?
                                                                                                                Still, grab power when you can.
                                                                                                                Netanyahu isn't religious. Likud is secular.

Religious, no (although he might pander to them for political advantage).
                                                                                                                Right wing, yes.

Comment

One of those glorious work days where it is both a UK and a US holiday, and most of the rest of the world thinks you're in the UK anyway. And the sun is shining.

Comment

Have the energy today of a 90-year-old man who has spent a lifetime chain-smoking benson and hedges.
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Month Two complete.
                                                                                                                      Weight has dropped a bit to 12st 12.
                                                                                                                      Still cycling every day - same route, just faster as my legs now feeling a lot stronger than Month One. Five ascents of the dreaded Alpe De Howth Head completed (all from the steeper Howth side for added pain and suffering). Definitely more enjoyable now.
                                                                                                                      The core strength stuff continues - basic planks (easy enough now), side planks (harder), stomach crunches (funnily enough, always found these pretty easy - probably doing them wrong), press-ups (hard). I just add 1 press-up to the routine every week, so currently doing 17 at a go (could do 20 but would be a sad and unedifying spectacle doing those last couple). Can definitely feel the improvement in muscle tone etc.

Ambition for May:
                                                                                                                      Keep it going.
                                                                                                                      Throw in some flexibility work as well as my back and hamstrings still have all the flexibility of a DUP politician.
                                                                                                                      Diet still a mix of good and bad habits, sure it'll all balance out.
                                                                                                                      Month Three complete, sort of. First cycle today for two weeks as we all got flattened by some chest infection yoke for last two week (not covid as multiple negative tests would confirm) and just coming out of it now. So that screwed a month that had been going pretty well. Think it will take a few days to get back to feeling properly strong again.

Weight dropped a bit more to 12st 10. Probably only about 3lb to go and not really bothered either way at this stage. Feels like some previously flabby upper body muscle is being replaced by actual muscle in the upper body. Persisting with the core strength stuff and was doing 20 press-ups at a time pre getting sick plus adopting a better stomach crunches routine. Can really feel the difference now.

This month: continue cycling every day plus core strength stuff, get back to full strength in first 10 days of June and then push on a little bit more. The cycle hopefully becoming a commute back into\out of work each day once I'm vaccinated, which will mean less cardio on the way in as arriving in a mad heap of sweat means I'll still be in one getting out of the shower but can sprint home as fast as possible for same effect.
                                                                                                                      25 press-ups at a time hopefully achievable but I am old as my children keep reminding me....

Not really done anything about diet but generally eat healthier in the summer months anyway. Bought a fish basket for the bbq so lots of grilled sardines and mackerel to come, which will undoubtedly make me smarter and more successful at everything I do.

Comment

@HH, 12 days to go in our bet. I registered right on the button on 21-May but no text back yet. Might yet be close.

Annoyingly one of my same-aged friends is marching off to the Aviva right now to get jabbed so definitely an element of randomness to it.

Comment

Are we about the same height RD? You seem to be interpreting your 80kg as svelte, while my 80kg looks a bit flabby (I would have been about 65kg when we last met), so I must do some more targetted exercises. Transfer some of the wobbly stuff to muscles.
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X