Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Comment


      Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday signed an executive order that bans government entities in the state from requiring face masks and fines those who do. Under the Republican governor's order, which goes into effect Friday, local governments or officials that implement mandatory masks can be fined up to $1,000.
      .

      Comment


        Individualist cunce
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

        Comment


          Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

          .
          didn't they also just sign into law that you no longer need a weapons permits to walk around with a handgun? will end well!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

            But 200 still die it’s to much. Ban cars
            A good argument I heard was a response to some fool refusing to take a vaccine saying 'My body my choice' was to say that it was the equivalent of saying 'My car my choice to drive drunk'. I think that sums it up well.

            We will get car deaths close as possible to 0 when we allow the machines to do the driving.
            Turning millions into thousands

            Comment


              Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

              .
              they also just passed some other fine progressive legislation down there in the Great State of Texas:
              1. Anyone can carry a handgun - without a licence, background checks or training
              2. A de facto ban on abortion
              Yeehar!

              Not content with this, they are also cooking the voting laws in such a way as to make it extremely difficult for minorities to vote.

              Take it from Kinky Friedman:


              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

              Comment


                Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                If these activities start off with no bar concerts etc- where does it end ? Need a pass to get food in the supermarket visit a dentist doctor ? Longest lockdown in Europe economy in tatters businesses closing all around and people accept this it’s bewildering.
                People out if work, businesses closed or folding, economy affected. So far, I’m following. That’s clearly a negative impact.
                But how do you get from there to saying less not bother with vaccines and drag it out further? Just makes no sense. Without vaccines those things you listed are worse.


                it’s like people saying they won’t get the vaccine because it will only mutate anyway. Oblivious to the fact that unvaccinated populations are what facilities mutation.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  People out if work, businesses closed or folding, economy affected. So far, I’m following. That’s clearly a negative impact.
                  But how do you get from there to saying less not bother with vaccines and drag it out further? Just makes no sense. Without vaccines those things you listed are worse.


                  it’s like people saying they won’t get the vaccine because it will only mutate anyway. Oblivious to the fact that unvaccinated populations are what facilities mutation.
                  what the Aussie strategy Mellor?

                  Obviously you have such low incidence that you're close to 100% reliant on vaccination to immunise the population. Is that the government play, and how are the population responding?
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                    they also just passed some other fine progressive legislation down there in the Great State of Texas:
                    1. Anyone can carry a handgun - without a licence, background checks or training
                    2. A de facto ban on abortion
                    Yeehar!
                    background check would be carried out when purchasing from a firearm dealer.

                    of course, can be bypassed easily by simply buying privately.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

                      didn't they also just sign into law that you no longer need a weapons permits to walk around with a handgun? will end well!
                      How’s your own country? Are the city streets still heavily policed? Had a few days in Lourdes Toulouse a couple of years ago stunning countryside. Even the french we met were friendly never been to Paris though.

                      Comment


                        Vaccine passports are clearly a human rights violation. Some restrictions on individual rights are obviously required during a pandemic, but the state has no place mandating any medical intervention, no matter how safe or effective they claim it is. When the time comes, offer vaccine-hesitant people €200 to get it and watch the numbers fly up. The true believers can take their chances.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                        Comment


                          Now for something completley different.
                          I'm fucking furious. We collected FIL from hospital and it's obvious he hasn't been washed or changed since he went in just under a week ago.
                          He was kept in as doctor was concerned about progress of dementia and wanted to do scans etc. How anyone was able to examine or even give him a cup of tea without seeing or indeed smelling his condition is beyond me.
                          I washed changed and showered him when we got home and I swear it was disgusting the state he was in. Pressure sore on his leg as well. Stinking to high heaven and absolutely filthy. The missus is livid too. He was in a ward specifically for elderly patients and were were told had a carer with him round the clock. He thinks he was away on holidays in spain so no way we can get an honest assessment of what went on. Complaint gone into James' and range duty nurse on ward. Bulling is an understatement.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                            Vaccine passports are clearly a human rights violation. Some restrictions on individual rights are obviously required during a pandemic, but the state has no place mandating any medical intervention, no matter how safe or effective they claim it is. When the time comes, offer vaccine-hesitant people €200 to get it and watch the numbers fly up. The true believers can take their chances.
                            Giving someone covid because I insist on my right to be a tool and not get vaccinated, wear a mask, follow the rules...is that likewise a human rights violation?
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              Vaccine passports are clearly a human rights violation. Some restrictions on individual rights are obviously required during a pandemic, but the state has no place mandating any medical intervention, no matter how safe or effective they claim it is. When the time comes, offer vaccine-hesitant people €200 to get it and watch the numbers fly up. The true believers can take their chances.
                              Already doing that or variations of that in the states.
                              I think passports work with exceptions.
                              Public transport, essential shops, public services exempt sure.
                              But I don't think it's outlandish to suggest int'l travel should be using it.
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                Already doing that or variations of that in the states.
                                I think passports work with exceptions.
                                Public transport, essential shops, public services exempt sure.
                                But I don't think it's outlandish to suggest int'l travel should be using it.
                                US universities already insisting on it for autumn reg
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                Comment


                                  Human right violations ? We are spoilt and precious . Our collective EGOs are what's going to wipe us out.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

                                    How’s your own country? Are the city streets still heavily policed? Had a few days in Lourdes Toulouse a couple of years ago stunning countryside. Even the french we met were friendly never been to Paris though.
                                    genuinely no idea to be honest. haven't been in ages. most places around France are great with some good people. Paris on the other hand...

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      Now for something completley different.
                                      I'm fucking furious. We collected FIL from hospital and it's obvious he hasn't been washed or changed since he went in just under a week ago.
                                      He was kept in as doctor was concerned about progress of dementia and wanted to do scans etc. How anyone was able to examine or even give him a cup of tea without seeing or indeed smelling his condition is beyond me.
                                      I washed changed and showered him when we got home and I swear it was disgusting the state he was in. Pressure sore on his leg as well. Stinking to high heaven and absolutely filthy. The missus is livid too. He was in a ward specifically for elderly patients and were were told had a carer with him round the clock. He thinks he was away on holidays in spain so no way we can get an honest assessment of what went on. Complaint gone into James' and range duty nurse on ward. Bulling is an understatement.
                                      Obv that is unacceptable but the fact is that a lot of that kind of personal care has always been taken care of by visiting family, between covid keeping visitors out and Putin's hackers the whole system way beyond breaking point.
                                      Not certain but afaik personal care for people unable to look after themselves is not directly the responsibility of the nurses but of a specific team.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        what the Aussie strategy Mellor?

                                        Obviously you have such low incidence that you're close to 100% reliant on vaccination to immunise the population. Is that the government play, and how are the population responding?
                                        Immunisation will only happened through vaccination. The role-out isn’t happening too speedily as initial batches are going to places that need them.

                                        I don’t think the population are really considering it tbh. Immunisation only really opens up international travel. There’s isn’t a huge impact on day to day life from covid. Everywhere is open, has been for months, I don’t had to wear a mask. Occasionally state borders close if there’s an outbreak which has minor business concerns. But for the most part it’s normal.

                                        Still signing into places for contract tracing. Capacitys are slight down,which I’m ok with. Means it’s a lot easier to get a seat in a pub.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                          Vaccine passports are clearly a human rights violation.
                                          What human rights are violated?
                                          Obviously there degrees to how they could be implemented.

                                          ...but the state has no place mandating any medical intervention, no matter how safe or effective they claim it is.
                                          Agreed. People should be free to not get the vaccine. That’s their choice, however selfish it may be.
                                          However, choices you make make consequences.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                            Obv that is unacceptable but the fact is that a lot of that kind of personal care has always been taken care of by visiting family, between covid keeping visitors out and Putin's hackers the whole system way beyond breaking point.
                                            Not certain but afaik personal care for people unable to look after themselves is not directly the responsibility of the nurses but of a specific team.
                                            You doubtless have more experience of this kind of thing but I thought a ward specifically for dementia patients with constant supervision would have done something.
                                            They had him on laxatives ffs, how do you let that go a week?
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                              Vaccine passports are clearly a human rights violation. Some restrictions on individual rights are obviously required during a pandemic, but the state has no place mandating any medical intervention, no matter how safe or effective they claim it is.
                                              Why hasn't it been flagged as a human rights violation up to now? Lots of countries have/had vaccine requirements for polio, smallpox, yellow fever before allowing you in, without it being regarded as an issue.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                                You doubtless have more experience of this kind of thing but I thought a ward specifically for dementia patients with constant supervision would have done something.
                                                They had him on laxatives ffs, how do you let that go a week?
                                                It's one of those things where everyone says it wasn't their job and nobody addresses the fundamental point about why wasn't it somebody's job to take care of a persons basic dignity.


                                                ​​​​​​
                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                  Vaccine passports are clearly a human rights violation. Some restrictions on individual rights are obviously required during a pandemic, but the state has no place mandating any medical intervention, no matter how safe or effective they claim it is. When the time comes, offer vaccine-hesitant people €200 to get it and watch the numbers fly up. The true believers can take their chances.
                                                  Is it a human rights violation that you cannot enter just about any country in Africa without a full set of up to date vaccinations for Yellow fever, dengue etc.?

                                                  Edit: in about 20 minutes after AJ, as per usual
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

                                                  Comment


                                                    Yeah international travel is not and has never been a right. Countries obviously can control their borders in whatever way they see fit. I'm talking about requiring vaccinations for things like going to a pub, a concert, a football match. Doubly so for use of public services like getting on a bus, going to school or collecting your dole. People use "vaccine passports" to mean both things interchangeably and it's a dirty trick.

                                                    Agreed. People should be free to not get the vaccine. That’s their choice, however selfish it may be.
                                                    However, choices you make make consequences.
                                                    If those consequences include being banned from otherwise legal activities, that's a form of mandate.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                    Comment


                                                      Bray is blooming gorgeous today for anyone wondering how to spend an evening as lovely as this one.

                                                      We have our eye for dindins on a chicken place that offers a dish of crispy chicken on waffle with maple sauce.
                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                                        You doubtless have more experience of this kind of thing but I thought a ward specifically for dementia patients with constant supervision would have done something.
                                                        They had him on laxatives ffs, how do you let that go a week?
                                                        Oh yea I was thinking specifically of general wards, that's very poor.

                                                        HSE Complaints website is the way to go, you will get a response.

                                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                          Yeah international travel is not and has never been a right. Countries obviously can control their borders in whatever way they see fit. I'm talking about requiring vaccinations for things like going to a pub, a concert, a football match. Doubly so for use of public services like getting on a bus, going to school or collecting your dole. People use "vaccine passports" to mean both things interchangeably and it's a dirty trick.



                                                          If those consequences include being banned from otherwise legal activities, that's a form of mandate.
                                                          When did we stop the dole or start banning unvaccinated people from busses?
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                            Yeah international travel is not and has never been a right. Countries obviously can control their borders in whatever way they see fit. I'm talking about requiring vaccinations for things like going to a pub, a concert, a football match. Doubly so for use of public services like getting on a bus, going to school or collecting your dole. People use "vaccine passports" to mean both things interchangeably and it's a dirty trick.



                                                            If those consequences include being banned from otherwise legal activities, that's a form of mandate.
                                                            Definitely agree on that, but has it been suggested anywhere that a vaccine pass would be required for any of those things? I remember talk about it at one point in media but it doesnt seem to materialising anywhere?
                                                            airport, lol

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                              When did we stop the dole or start banning unvaccinated people from busses?
                                                              Just examples of potentially unvaccinated people using potentially crowded services m9.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

                                                                Definitely agree on that, but has it been suggested anywhere that a vaccine pass would be required for any of those things? I remember talk about it at one point in media but it doesnt seem to materialising anywhere?
                                                                What are all the driving license metaphors here for then? It's clear many people think we should have different sets of rules around gatherings for the vaccinated and the unvaccinated, and that they should be enforced by the state. It won't materialise in our government because thankfully they've realised it would be unconstitutional af. Plus it would be massive fodder for the loonies.
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

                                                                  What are all the driving license metaphors here for then? It's clear many people think we should have different sets of rules around gatherings for the vaccinated and the unvaccinated, and that they should be enforced by the state. It won't materialise in our government because thankfully they've realised it would be unconstitutional af. Plus it would be massive fodder for the loonies.
                                                                  Was there a suggestion it should be added to driving licences? thats madness
                                                                  airport, lol

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    Now for something completley different.
                                                                    I'm fucking furious. We collected FIL from hospital and it's obvious he hasn't been washed or changed since he went in just under a week ago.
                                                                    He was kept in as doctor was concerned about progress of dementia and wanted to do scans etc. How anyone was able to examine or even give him a cup of tea without seeing or indeed smelling his condition is beyond me.
                                                                    I washed changed and showered him when we got home and I swear it was disgusting the state he was in. Pressure sore on his leg as well. Stinking to high heaven and absolutely filthy. The missus is livid too. He was in a ward specifically for elderly patients and were were told had a carer with him round the clock. He thinks he was away on holidays in spain so no way we can get an honest assessment of what went on. Complaint gone into James' and range duty nurse on ward. Bulling is an understatement.
                                                                    Not much quality of life for that man it seems. Sickens my hole that every person that works in health care is seen as an angel or in a vocation.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

                                                                      Why hasn't it been flagged as a human rights violation up to now? Lots of countries have/had vaccine requirements for polio, smallpox, yellow fever before allowing you in, without it being regarded as an issue.
                                                                      You have a human right to leave your country but it’s not the right to enter any country you choose.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        To be fair, i'd love to see the anti vaxxers squirm if they couldn't do fuck all because they didn't have vaccination passports.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          Now for something completley different.
                                                                          I'm fucking furious. We collected FIL from hospital and it's obvious he hasn't been washed or changed since he went in just under a week ago.
                                                                          He was kept in as doctor was concerned about progress of dementia and wanted to do scans etc. How anyone was able to examine or even give him a cup of tea without seeing or indeed smelling his condition is beyond me.
                                                                          I washed changed and showered him when we got home and I swear it was disgusting the state he was in. Pressure sore on his leg as well. Stinking to high heaven and absolutely filthy. The missus is livid too. He was in a ward specifically for elderly patients and were were told had a carer with him round the clock. He thinks he was away on holidays in spain so no way we can get an honest assessment of what went on. Complaint gone into James' and range duty nurse on ward. Bulling is an understatement.
                                                                          That sounds awful. Fair play to ye for looking after him. Mind yourself.
                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            My daughter way ahead of yous all it seems, her Immunisation Passport looking very well https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immuni...ortenglish.pdf

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              E2RmGNsWQAAHl17?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                I have a few people in work who are being told to start coming back on a 50/50 basis from next week (in the US). Unvaccinated and squirming about trying to justify it but slowly coming to realise that maybe it's the price of reentry into society. And one that's worth paying.

                                                                                Contractors in particular being told if they don't come in they can consider themselves terminated.
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  I have a few people in work who are being told to start coming back on a 50/50 basis from next week (in the US). Unvaccinated and squirming about trying to justify it but slowly coming to realise that maybe it's the price of reentry into society. And one that's worth paying.

                                                                                  Contractors in particular being told if they don't come in they can consider themselves terminated.
                                                                                  the second someone comes back unvaccinated and contracts or spreads, there'll be a lawsuit
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                                                                    the second someone comes back unvaccinated and contracts or spreads, there'll be a lawsuit
                                                                                    I don't think so? Hard to see on what grounds unless they were somehow doing it deliberately
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      I've been in and out of the office a fair bit all through the last year, today was the first time there were more than a couple of people in.

                                                                                      There has been one guy whose job is perfect for WFH, he has a horrible commute but he hates WFH and insists on coming in all the time...weird!
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        I've been in and out of the office a fair bit all through the last year, today was the first time there were more than a couple of people in.

                                                                                        There has been one guy whose job is perfect for WFH, he has a horrible commute but he hates WFH and insists on coming in all the time...weird!
                                                                                        Surely not that weird.

                                                                                        Maybe he can't work whilst family are there, can't stand his family or worse again he can't stand his own company if he is on his own.

                                                                                        Maybe he finds peace on his commute and enjoys the office way better.

                                                                                        My company voted 41% for full remote working. 59% hybrid and 0% nobody to go back to 5 days.

                                                                                        Thought 41% was very high and that's something the company is going to have to eat. I work for a predomintaly tech company. Nuig had a pretty comprehensive survey a couple of weeks ago and it found 32% of people it surveyed nationwide want to remain fully remote. So in the end our result was probably average enough.

                                                                                        Interesting times ahead. Offer fully remote work or your staff who want it will find it somewhere else it seems.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          I'll be going 4 days in, one day home. But that's pretty much what I did pre-pandemic anyway.

                                                                                          Too many distractions at home, I just focus better in the office.
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            No posts on Dominick Cummings presentation today? Have to admit, I only watched about 3 hours of it live, and it was really difficult to know what was new and what was already known.
                                                                                            Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                              No posts on Dominick Cummings presentation today? Have to admit, I only watched about 3 hours of it live, and it was really difficult to know what was new and what was already known.
                                                                                              Box office anyway.

                                                                                              I doubt Joe Public gives a shit though. Boris is Trumpian in his ability to ride out stuff like this.
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Pelanties
                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                  Pelanties
                                                                                                  Turgid shite of a game though.

                                                                                                  Hoping it's lost in loltastic fashion either way.
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Who has the most bottle for penalties?

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      I often wonder why the keeper doesn't just stand still for the odd one
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Balls of steel all round tbf
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Apparently he's not so great with his feet.

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Not De Gea

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Nice backstory to the Villareal club there by Brian Kerr.
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                A penny for Roy Keanes thoughts!

                                                                                                                That was the technically best penalty shootout I've ever seen. Every penalty was well hit until the last, which was by a goalkeeper so understandable. (And wasn't that bad)

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Was all going so well selling the dream of the small-time club done good until he let it slip the owner was a billionaire.
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

                                                                                                                    Interesting times ahead. Offer fully remote work or your staff who want it will find it somewhere else it seems.
                                                                                                                    The other one, that companies are going to have to face up to if they want to retain faculty, is the ability to work from abroad. Its a pedantic and silly idea that you need to be working in the same country as you live in for quite a lot of jobs.
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      A bit late to the party I know but Fleabag is pretty marvelous.
                                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Increasingly dont allign with the majority and tone of the messages here, a place I always enjoyed reading. Lately find it pretty unbareable. Find it amazing no-one ever has the fleeting recognition of, all that can be said is, truly, we dont have a clue. As such, retiring from IPB ( something happened FB post -you Ok hun - dont want to talk about it babes etc chortle ha!) enjoyed some great times with many of the punters here in the live arena and hope to again soon. Akin to leaving a WhatsApp group I think of old school mates, where the penny drops and you realise in actuality these people are exactly that old school mates and not the attached relationships of old. Be well all.

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                          Increasingly dont allign with the majority and tone of the messages here, a place I always enjoyed reading. Lately find it pretty unbareable. Find it amazing no-one ever has the fleeting recognition of, all that can be said is, truly, we dont have a clue. As such, retiring from IPB ( something happened FB post -you Ok hun - dont want to talk about it babes etc chortle ha!) enjoyed some great times with many of the punters here in the live arena and hope to again soon. Akin to leaving a WhatsApp group I think of old school mates, where the penny drops and you realise in actuality these people are exactly that old school mates and not the attached relationships of old. Be well all.
                                                                                                                          Odd. I never felt that there was an expectation that everyone on here should align or agree on everything. It must have taken some degree of forbearance to reach 'pretty unbearable'. Why didn't you call people on what you believed was horseshite? You might have shifted the balance in the force.

                                                                                                                          Discord is a large part of the charm of this place. The vax \ anti-vax dialogue from today is a good example.
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X