Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do love the image of solks standing there in full-on lecture mode about how there's no such thing as shortcuts, while his wife pops a pill and starts literally vanishing in front of him while he continues with his talk, albeit looking more and more confused as time goes by.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Bring her to IKEA: it would definitely be a surprise and she would love it
      I'd be fairly confident that there is more enjoyable ways to instigate divorce proceedings

Comment

What did you do in the end about the job LaoLao? - maybe I missed an update

Comment

Got a nod for Hollywood West. Small ew. 4.45 Tipp

Comment

wow, they're allowing range finders on the course now? great for de chambeau when he's a mile offline tbh!

Comment

Had a conversation with the guy who runs the bus to glen-da-lough who I won't name in case he googles his bus company.

The conversation was about whether we could pre-book tickets from stillorgan, and he's going - well we just never know what our capacity is. We turn up some time and there's five people waiting and other times and there's 100. We never know what to do. But he's so nice that I feel it would ruin his genuine puzzlement at how to fix a problem that booking systems have fixed since Roman times. He even at some point suggested that a booking system would exasperate the issue. Now, he was really nice and said - look I'll ask the driver to make sure there are four seats on the bus for Saturday, because you missed going there the last time. And I thanked him profusely and we left it at that. But I just wish I'd made the case more for a booking system - for all those future tourists and families to be left by the roadside, when the answer is so incredibly clear!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Had a conversation with the guy who runs the bus to glen-da-lough who I won't name in case he googles his bus company.
                Think you mean exacerbate! You could just get another bus into town and catch the Glendalough one from where it starts.
                Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  wow, they're allowing range finders on the course now? great for de chambeau when he's a mile offline tbh!
                  Less chances for him to be whinging about balls stuck under metal fences . Gorgeous looking course. Hopefully Dahmen has a big finish, a real good egg. Lowry might be suited to the course layout and wind. Big group for him this evening with DJ and Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Less chances for him to be whinging about balls stuck under metal fences . Gorgeous looking course. Hopefully Dahmen has a big finish, a real good egg. Lowry might be suited to the course layout and wind. Big group for him this evening with DJ and Sergio.
                    Course looks amazing. Wind keeps picking also, so only getting tougher. Are the range finders here for good or is it just a trial? Never seen them on the tour before.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Think you mean exacerbate! You could just get another bus into town and catch the Glendalough one from where it starts.
                      It would add maybe an hour and a half to the trip. So, while it could be done, its not really the perfect option with kids in tow.

Comment

Course looks amazing. Wind keeps picking also, so only getting tougher. Are the range finders here for good or is it just a trial? Never seen them on the tour before.
                        shite, Lowry out very very late

Comment

If everyone on both sides agrees that the person on trial is not guilty due to reasons of insanity why is everyone involved put through the trial ordeal with a jury?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                            Got a nod for Hollywood West. Small ew. 4.45 Tipp

Comment

Mentioned on here before that my one and only bit of jury duty left me in absolute despair about the general intelligence of the population. Was blatantly obvious the guy was guilty. Just saw there he was found guilty today for it by the special criminal court

Comment

*found guilty

Comment

Was on that creature at 16s, watching it go in all day. Wonder is it literally the IPB moved it, went off as 9/2. Never in contention unfort.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    If everyone on both sides agrees that the person on trial is not guilty due to reasons of insanity why is everyone involved put through the trial ordeal with a jury?
                                    wig heads need their money

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                      We're definitely well and truely back.

Mrs Lao Lao turns a significant age in Sept. and Aimsir were releasing their overnight packages for July, Aug and Sept today at 1pm so I thought I'd nab one in Sept to mark the occasion.

15 course tasting menu dinner (excluding booze)
                                      Overnight accommodation
                                      Breakfast the next morning
                                      310 quid per person based on two people sharing

I was clicking refresh on the website from 12:55 and seconds after 1pm, the 'Buy Now' button pops up. Click away and the diary page opens up in another browser. Look for Fri & Sat dates in Sept and nothing. Go back and check Aug, all gone. July, all gone too. Recheck all three months. Yup, definitely all gone.

All tables for Fridays and Saturdays in all three months (26 nights) sold out in under 30 seconds.

All other days were sold out in a matter on minutes but that was irrelevant as really needed a Friday or Saturday.

Might be a good idea to start playing down the celebrations and setting the scene for a more modest dinner outing...
                                      Fuck that. Head down to Aldridge Lodge.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

wig heads need their money
                                        These attempts to get Kayroo back are failing badly

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                          Covid Belly

The Missus (mid 40s) got some kind of injection as an appetite suppressant a few weeks ago – despite my protests that she needs to simply count the calories, no need for anything crazy. . Anyhow , in less then 3 weeks she has dropped 10kg. I’m not too comfortable with this route at all but apparently a safe route. Anyone here any experience of this type o thing ?
                                          I heard of an injection you take everyday, like insulin, that suppressed appetite. Never heard of a monthly/once off one, but never looked into it either.
                                          would only take a bit if chemistry magic

Comment

OK Hitch, we are in the system. You're looking like a 1/10 shot with 22 days to go.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                              I heard of an injection you take everyday, like insulin, that suppressed appetite. Never heard of a monthly/once off one, but never looked into it either.
                                              would only take a bit if chemistry magic
                                              It's a weekly injection. Hmm not happy with it tbh.

Comment

I've never paid for Microsoft Office nor tried to download a free version on my home laptop - always been happy to use the admittedly limited Apache Open Office for docs or spreadsheets.
                                                After a reboot yesterday (quite possibly the first since March) I suddenly seem to have Word & Excel on my laptop.
                                                Something to be worried about, or just accept it and move on?

Windows 10, Hewlett-Packard, Blue.

Comment

Find the drug name and check the side effects.
                                                  the one I mentioned was linked to depression and a few other.

Comment

So there's no such thing as a free skipped lunch?
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

was reading up on this yesterday as well. seems to work incredibly well, but once you're off it, people tend to revert to old habits (as usual)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56011979

Comment

Jesus will they ever pay the fucking Russians.

This is a worse HSE scandal than Cervical x Savita x Covid Incompetency. AND RTE HAVE GEORGE FUCKING LEE WRITING ARTICLES AND REPORTING ON IT.

I want to see them laid bare by a decent Cyber Security journo but haven't seen it.

Need Strewel back in here for a good concise rant on why the whole operation should be sacked on the back of this pure shit show.

The super injunction that was granted, makes it illegal to report about any data that is circulating is more to protect the HSE and not the patients whose medical history is out there? Can they extend the injunction to make it illegal to report when someone finds out that they paid for it?

Comment

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40227398.html

this fella?
                                                          I guess the hope is she reaches a weight she's happy with and then does it herself?
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This is a worse HSE scandal than Cervical x Savita x Covid Incompetency. AND RTE HAVE GEORGE FUCKING LEE WRITING ARTICLES AND REPORTING ON IT.

I want to see them laid bare by a decent Cyber Security journo but haven't seen it.

Need Strewel back in here for a good concise rant on why the whole operation should be sacked on the back of this pure shit show.

The super injunction that was granted, makes it illegal to report about any data that is circulating is more to protect the HSE and not the patients whose medical history is out there? Can they extend the injunction to make it illegal to report when someone finds out that they paid for it?
                                                            The problem with this is the group behind the software, also took a swing at U.S pipelines last week and got shut down.
                                                            I went down a rabbit hole yesterday tracing the bitcoin wallets in use and the money sent to them, apparently US intelligence went after their servers and seized wallets.
                                                            Whether this is true or not isn't really the point.
                                                            What they were doing was franchising the ransomware to other actors then taking a cut of the proceeds. Given the portal site used to manage attacks and generate keys to unencrpyt data is gone, the users that were francisees are left holding the bag.
                                                            And who now may lack the know how to undo what they've done. Or may shoot for the moon ransom wise as they won't get to use the service again.
                                                            The group apparently distrubuted keys to all actors and I've heard the HSE has been given keys due to "scene" outrage at a health service being targetted.
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              My guess would be that justice needs to be done in public, we can’t just all “agree” someone is insane as it could lead to serious issues.

Comment

Knew I didn't stand much chance of getting just mustard tickets.

Seems like it would be something up your street Benny?

Comment

was reading up on this yesterday as well. seems to work incredibly well, but once you're off it, people tend to revert to old habits (as usual)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56011979
                                                                  I’m sure it does what it says on the tin. Suppresses hunger. But yeah, can imagine zero change to lifestyle going forward.

As as much as changing habits are important long term. Not consuming calories at any point can never really hurt the waistline.

Comment

Nice place for Bradley FRL. Looks fairly wide open still. Very enjoyable viewing last night bar watching Lowry miss everything on the greens.
                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Yeah that the one Shrap/DP

Even though I need to lose weight, I'm not sure I want my appetite messed with . Eating is one of lifes pleasures .
                                                                      the battle will continue .

The murder in Newcastle verdict. Some right fuckers online wanting blood. Jaysus the whole thing is done , on to prevention.

What lively and lovely children though . Heartbreaking.

Comment

Charles Spencer must have got his understanding of irony from Alanis

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                          Nice place for Bradley FRL. Looks fairly wide open still. Very enjoyable viewing last night bar watching Lowry miss everything on the greens.
                                                                          I love nothing better than dozing off watching the golf. (And eating of course?)

The course is a monster . I cant imagine I'd get near 100.

Comment

I love nothing better than dozing off watching the golf. (And eating of course?)

The course is a monster . I cant imagine I'd get near 100.
                                                                            yeah it’s meant to be impossible for ams even off forward tees
                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

George called it a Randomware attack three times on Monday
                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Not sure that they aren't at least negotiating, see below.

This * a million
                                                                                Painful to be hearing HSE / govt people talking absolute shite to nodding puppies like George. Unfortunately tech journos who have any clue are very thin on the ground, don't know of any based in Ireland.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The problem with this is the group behind the software, also took a swing at U.S pipelines last week and got shut down.
                                                                                I thought we were dealing with a different group

Which would be relevant to this and how HSE ended up with the key.

The group apparently distributed keys to all actors and I've heard the HSE has been given keys due to "scene" outrage at a health service being targetted.
                                                                                Its easy to imagine a negotiation that would say we are willing to talk about paying to secure the data you have if we can get the key do the data you encrypted first. Unfortunately its also easy to imagine that after a week of firefighting and restoring that it may not be as straightforward to get back live as it would of been if you had got the key last Saturday morning.

IMO if you want to take a moral position on not paying these cunce the time to do it was in the months before the attack when you knew it was coming or in the weeks after when you know the damage it does, not when there are people standing outside hospitals having huge % chunks taken off their remaining lifespan because they cannot access the urgent treatment they need.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm not sure I want my appetite messed with . Eating is one of lifes pleasures .
                                                                                  the battle will continue .
                                                                                  In the modern world appetite operates at a level of something like 5% physiological / 95% psychological IMO

Comment

I went down a rabbit hole yesterday tracing the bitcoin wallets in use and the money sent to them, apparently US intelligence went after their servers and seized wallets.
                                                                                    Whether this is true or not isn't really the point.
                                                                                    What they were doing was franchising the ransomware to other actors then taking a cut of the proceeds. Given the portal site used to manage attacks and generate keys to unencrpyt data is gone, the users that were francisees are left holding the bag.
                                                                                    And who now may lack the know how to undo what they've done. Or may shoot for the moon ransom wise as they won't get to use the service again.
                                                                                    The group apparently distrubuted keys to all actors and I've heard the HSE has been given keys due to "scene" outrage at a health service being targetted.
                                                                                    I was reading some articles about this recently and these gas cunts program their "ransomware kit for hire" to ignore eastern european computers to avoid police/federal investigations disrupting their operations. So if you're in an ex Soviet state or your operating system language is set to one of that region the malware will never engage.

There's also some high level mission statements along the lines of - it's only businesses that can afford to pay who will be targeted. Healthcare and education will not be profiled or attacked. Doesn't convince the skeptic in me.

Comment

@ Raoul and all the other Lief GW Persson fans

This looks a lot more promising than the dire US version

Will be disappointed if it is lacking in Super Salami lines. I've got a feeling that with the TV celeb angle they might be trying to align the character a bit more with Persson himself who was well known in Scandiland as a TV commentator on criminal matters.
                                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 21-05-21, 11:04.

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post
                                                                                        I'll give you an example. we rented VHS. it was great when they went to DVD. better fidelity, and you've weren't charged 50cent if you didn't rewind when returning. Then Netlix killed blockbuster by renting by post. some super interesting stories about that. Anyway what we all wish we realized then was how good netflix would be at a true digital version. For me I couldn't see past the bandwidth mess in 2010. look where we are now. Cinemas are edge
                                                                                        I watched this documentary the other week and really enjoyed it. Gave me such a sense of nostalgia for Xtra-Vision

They actually talk in the documentary about the collapse of Blockbuster and it turned out that it wasn't Netflix but that the company was heavily leveraged by Viacom that's really what lead to failing,

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          @ Raoul and all the other Lief GW Persson fans

This looks a lot more promising than the dire US version

Will be disappointed if it is lacking in Super Salami lines. I've got a feeling that with the TV celeb angle they might be trying to align the character a bit more with Persson himself.
                                                                                          Looks promising, hopefully ripe in sleaze, corruption, perving and general debauchery.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Looks promising, hopefully ripe in sleaze, corruption, perving and general debauchery.
                                                                                            I'm a bit concerned that will go with the 'he's also a brilliant detective' It's more fun that he's utterly incompetent and that stuff just falls into his lap as he blunders through and occasionally guesses right

Hopefully its available somewhere that I can start watching it over the weekend and will report back.

Been so stuck for something decent to watch that twenty years later I finally gave in to watching Lost, at least I have no expectation of it ever making any sense!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

I watched this documentary the other week and really enjoyed it. Gave me such a sense of nostalgia for Xtra-Vision

They actually talk in the documentary about the collapse of Blockbuster and it turned out that it wasn't Netflix but that the company was heavily leveraged by Viacom that's really what lead to failing,

Is that available on netflix? I do understand the irony

Comment

Been so stuck for something decent to watch that twenty years later I finally gave in to watching Lost, at least I have no expectation of it ever making any sense!
                                                                                                I watched American BBQ Showdown the other week.

Was actually kinda...good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

George called it a Randomware attack three times on Monday
                                                                                                  Who is this on the TV talking authoritatively about kybercrime (sic) ?

Comment

Got the jab anyway. Took just over 2 hours

Comment

Eurovision.
                                                                                                      Since 2010 I've done a 'perform badly' Eurovision sweep as my IPB contribution.
                                                                                                      Omitting the first two countries in the betting (Italy, France this year) then assigning 3 countries to 8 participants in a random draw (seeding it so that everyone gets one of the 8 biggest outsiders).
                                                                                                      Lowest score of your two worst scoring countries wins the pot (€25 a head from memory).

Happy to organise again this year, but won't be around to start it until 4.30/5pm tomorrow.
                                                                                                      So if anyone else wants to take it over and start it (or design it their own way) then work away.
                                                                                                      Otherwise I'll start it up at 4.30/5pm tomorrow, so be around if interested.

Comment

I thought we were dealing with a different group
                                                                                                        Darkside AFAIK, though who knows. WizardSpider was the other group I've heard mentioned.
                                                                                                        Large Insurance company in the UK hit as well.
                                                                                                        That should be big news in a few days, if not sooner

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          Eurovision.
                                                                                                          Omitting the first two countries in the betting (Italy, France this year) then assigning 3 countries to 8 participants in a random draw (seeding it so that everyone gets one of the 8 biggest outsiders).
                                                                                                          Lowest score of your two worst scoring countries wins the pot (€25 a head from memory).

Happy to organise again this year, but won't be around to start it until 4.30/5pm tomorrow.
                                                                                                          So if anyone else wants to take it over and start it (or design it their own way) then work away.

In

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                            Got the jab anyway. Took just over 2 hours
                                                                                                            you very thick-skinned?

Comment

Eurovision.

In

Looking forwrad to El Diablo again

Comment

IN . AJ

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

you very thick-skinned?

No, I ran away and it took them that long to find me trembling under a pile of coats

Comment

In the modern world appetite operates at a level of something like 5% physiological / 95% psychological IMO
                                                                                                                    Eating a tuna salad at the moment and 2 slices of bread just walked out of the pan and landed beside me . I could hear them purr as I lashed the tuna in between them. Phsiolicious

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

No, I ran away and it took them that long to find me trembling under a pile of coats
                                                                                                                      You could be ill. A pile of coats should keep you warm.

Comment

Who is this on the TV talking authoritatively about kybercrime (sic) ?

Paul Reid head of the HSE and who came up through Eircom and ran their networks operation for years right up to being chair of vodafone Ireland so maybe he knows more than we do, it almost caused me to crash the car when I heard him say it on the radio yesterday
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 21-05-21, 12:25.

Comment

EuroINvision

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X