• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is rather good

Comment

Spieth, Hovland and Scheffler for me

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post

Yes I am fairly tall so end up hunched over a bit at standard desk height. We have motorised sit/stand desks in office that are fab, the one I linked just sits on a wide bench in my home office setup. Its a heavy enough brute but rock solid as a result.
        Have 4k Monitor and a vertical dock for surface pro, then wireless keyboard and mouse, everything at proper height so am sitting up straight. There are decent youtube vids on how to arrange properly, having the right equipment to adjust to begin with is half the battle though.
        I'm a short-arse so standard size works fine for me. I've a cheapo IKEA desk and 2x Dell 24" monitors. Swapped in a USB-C monitor so I've returned the dock to the office so it's a cleaner setup now. Wireless KB/mouse keeps things tidy also. Just need to get a decent chair as I'm back in the office most days and brought the work chair back to the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Jaysis, looks like Maverick has quite the background.
          The admirable thing about Maverick McNealy is that no matter how rich Daddy is (and its insanely rich in this case) you still have to earn your tour card by way of performance. Unlike F1 where a rich Daddy can invest in a franchise and give his son a car for the season.

Sure you can be a member of a fancy club and have great lessons but you still need the talent, and go through the grind to make it on tour and keep your card.

Listened to an awful boring interview with him recently. They talked all about the grind of making it and not about his Dad's house on Pebble Beach GC which is all i wanted to hear about really.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

I like Speith but have a niggling doubt that he’ll have a couple of blowout holes and the grand slam pressure but should run close
            I feel this way about Bryson. The place is littered with Hazards and he could run up a massive numbers on a few holes to take him out of it. On the other hand Torrey is the same as Winged Foot with no hazards(Bar 18 Green). Bomb Gouge and putt well and i think he'll go very close next month.

Bryson defied my don't back him where the penalty areas are plentiful at Sawgrass but i suppose they did get him eventually.

Solskjaer I must say i do like Spieth. I just feel he'll find a way to get it done. Going that close at the Masters despite being nearly last in the putting stats over the weekend is an insane rebound from where he was a year ago,

In saying that i done most my bets in the last couple of weeks so i haven't backed him.
            Backed Rory half way through Quail for it.
            Burns and Schwartzel half way through last week
            Leishman and Pieters this week.

Comment

Speith is box office. He does redic things with his short game so often it's a real throwback to before it became a power game. Every player has their risks I guess . Would like to see any one of about 20 players I really like win it but Speith would be my heart and head. I just love how he battles his demons and keeps the head up . A great example from a young man with an old head on his shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

I feel this way about Bryson. The place is littered with Hazards and he could run up a massive numbers on a few holes to take him out of it. On the other hand Torrey is the same as Winged Foot with no hazards(Bar 18 Green). Bomb Gouge and putt well and i think he'll go very close next month.

Bryson defied my don't back him where the penalty areas are plentiful at Sawgrass but i suppose they did get him eventually.

Solskjaer I must say i do like Spieth. I just feel he'll find a way to get it done. Going that close at the Masters despite being nearly last in the putting stats over the weekend is an insane rebound from where he was a year ago,

In saying that i done most my bets in the last couple of weeks so i haven't backed him.
                Backed Rory half way through Quail for it.
                Burns and Schwartzel half way through last week
                Leishman and Pieters this week.
                Yeah I think Torrey will be perfect for Bryson if they narrow the fairways and grow up the rough. Which I assume they will do.

This week should be interesting as just enough wind to make it tricky without it being horrific which should give them the ability to speed up the greens a bit and it’s going to be bouncy which I think won’t suit Rory but we’ll see
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  Kahneman's new book is out.

I was just reading the other week about how several chapters of Fast and Slow have effectively been retracted. Wonder will it get a mention.

https://replicationindex.com/2020/12...fast-and-slow/
                  He was on Start the week last Monday was an enjoyable listen
                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000w4nb

But I did get a strong sense of the book being a repackaging of well known issues along with a lot of stating the absolutely bleedin obvious.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I'm a short-arse so standard size works fine for me. I've a cheapo IKEA desk and 2x Dell 24" monitors. Swapped in a USB-C monitor so I've returned the dock to the office so it's a cleaner setup now. Wireless KB/mouse keeps things tidy also. Just need to get a decent chair as I'm back in the office most days and brought the work chair back to the office.
                    Am looking forward to getting all this stuff setup. In my temporary (since October ) I'm rocking the pi , 2 19inch 1080p monitors and a few books as monitor stands. New house will have dedicated 'office' / spare bedroom so will be getting nerdy about hiding wires and all that jazz. Wonder what herself will leave me as budget though...

Might still be on the camping table for a while yet.

Comment

I wonder if I it's not too late to rename my kids to something more impactful and potentially profitable.

"Hey granny! looks who's here - say hello Doge, Ethereum and Polkdadot!!"
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I wonder if I it's not too late to rename my kids to something more impactful and potentially profitable.

"Hey granny! looks who's here - say hello Doge, Ethereum and Polkdadot!!"
                        they'd be having a bad day today
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

they'd be having a bad day today
                          I'm sure HJ saw it coming and knows what to do.
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Interesting from Rahm

The 17th sounds redic

https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/57162959

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

I'm sure HJ saw it coming and knows what to do.
                              I wonder if these Russian hackers demanding payment in bitcoin might reconsider .

Wont somebody think of the hackers ?

Comment

Jansenn jab on Friday in Aviva!

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                  Jansenn jab on Friday in Aviva!
                                  Are they any good ? Nice to see the gigs up and running again. Enjoy .

Comment

Gonna go see Pfizer Chiefs meself
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                      Vipershnake's live streams are getting quite popular. This is one from last week

He spent 4 hours going around Galway on a livestream this week. Hopping into cars and going for a spin with random punters. People finding him after watching the stream and dropping off food/pints. Looks like he had better craic out of it than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        I prefer Moderna jazz

Comment

All E/W

Higgo.125
                                          Cam Smith. 40
                                          Sam Burns. 60
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Too many pricks

Comment

36 documents uploaded to the mortgage broker website and another 6 documents in transit. I suspect this amount of paperwork is not really needed.

Was asking the broker if it was okay that I'd blanked out, using photoshop, transactions from 1st to 17th November on the bank statement, due to it showing all my Joe Biden transactions, but also technically being before the 6 months period that you need to show the statements for. He suggested, like you would to a slower-than-average child, that the very fact of blanking something out in a statement would serve only to highlight that something is being hidden.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

He spent 4 hours going around Galway on a livestream this week. Hopping into cars and going for a spin with random punters. People finding him after watching the stream and dropping off food/pints. Looks like he had better craic out of it than anyone else.
                                                Yeah, I watched most of that one live. Only about 400 people watching at the time I think, but more that 30k views of the recording.
                                                Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Will be good to see the pro golfers like your average hack with the rangefinder out, smacking the side of it, trying to find the flag this week.

If any of them use it but I suppose why wouldn’t they.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The remaining four of us have picked up whatever Duke Junior brought home last week - not covid, per two negative tests.

Pain in the hole in that we are all coughing like mad so can't go anywhere really, including school.

Comment

What a time to be alive.

Comment

The remaining four of us have picked up whatever Duke Junior brought home last week - not covid, per two negative tests.

Pain in the hole in that we are all coughing like mad so can't go anywhere really, including school.
                                                        Don't know if its something I've picked up but since I got the AZ last Monday I've been feeling shitty. Got a fever and flu symptoms the first night and haven't had anything major since just generally lethargic, fighting off a cold sore and mouth ulcers and general feeling crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Don't know if its something I've picked up but since I got the AZ last Monday I've been feeling shitty. Got a fever and flu symptoms the first night and haven't had anything major since just generally lethargic, fighting off a cold sore and mouth ulcers and general feeling crap.
                                                          Tar's ma was right.

Comment

I got the moderna yesterday, nothing but a sore arm thankfully, although they said it would more likely be after dose 2 for any symptoms
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

I got the moderna yesterday, nothing but a sore arm thankfully, although they said it would more likely be after dose 2 for any symptoms
                                                              You're only a young fella, how did you swing that?

Comment

Yeah, tell me!
                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Great to be able to go out and buy stuff.

Had 750 in 1 for all vouchers so off to Amphibian king to pick up 2 pairs of runners and a few bits. Theyre still doing appointment only in Ballymount.

Have another gift card for BTs €250 2 years old now so hope thats still valid.

Comment

Bought some ethereum today. Shorted the bund the other day.

So I guess despite everything I'm short fiat long crypto.

Comment

Probably better off with the vid.

Comment

Comment

We'll find out soon enough when we can read his medical file online.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

We'll find out soon enough when we can read his medical file online.
                                                                            Could be quite useful if you're in the dating game.

"mmmm, Hotspur from IPB...he's cute, like the whole Buddhist thing...probably into tantric sex, mmmmhmmmm. Better just check him out on the dark web though, dummmdiddydummm - yuck, I don't know how you can even insert one of those into that ...swipe left!"

Comment

Exactly, it's a clear winning strategy.

My Statistical Heuristic Intelligence Team E-Viewer (or SHITEbot for short) has led me to the conclusion that:
                                                                              1. Americans win most golf majors
                                                                              2. Most Americans that win golf majors have stupid names
                                                                              I mean, duh. It's like, science or something. Profit.
                                                                              I eventually went for Gary Woodland in the golf thing but now realise that Woodland isn't actually a stupid name at all. Money incincerated.

Comment

90 to 1 shot Garrick Higgo Is worth a top 10 e way in the pga tomorrow. Won 2 in 3 weeks on the European tour recently

Stupid name covered also

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                  90 to 1 shot Garrick Higgo Is worth a top 10 e way in the pga tomorrow. Won 2 in 3 weeks on the European tour recently

Stupid name covered also
                                                                                  <> American

Dude, respect the system FFS.

Comment

We're definitely well and truely back.

Mrs Lao Lao turns a significant age in Sept. and Aimsir were releasing their overnight packages for July, Aug and Sept today at 1pm so I thought I'd nab one in Sept to mark the occasion.

15 course tasting menu dinner (excluding booze)
                                                                                    Overnight accommodation
                                                                                    Breakfast the next morning
                                                                                    310 quid per person based on two people sharing

I was clicking refresh on the website from 12:55 and seconds after 1pm, the 'Buy Now' button pops up. Click away and the diary page opens up in another browser. Look for Fri & Sat dates in Sept and nothing. Go back and check Aug, all gone. July, all gone too. Recheck all three months. Yup, definitely all gone.

All tables for Fridays and Saturdays in all three months (26 nights) sold out in under 30 seconds.

All other days were sold out in a matter on minutes but that was irrelevant as really needed a Friday or Saturday.

Might be a good idea to start playing down the celebrations and setting the scene for a more modest dinner outing...

Comment

The Psychedelic Drug Trail starting on BBC 2 now - believe!

Comment

Higgo sounds like a lad from Drimnagh

Comment

Elon's spaceballs will be overhead at 10.33pm.

Well, over Dublin

Comment

West to East, visible for 8x minutes.

Comment

No spaceballs.

Comment

No spaceballs.
                                                                                                I did get to see the moon, which was unusual for me on a Wednesday evening.

Comment

I know a fella who knows a fella. He had a few spare vials and my other mates a nurse. No problem
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I know a fella who knows a fella. He had a few spare vials and my other mates a nurse. No problem
                                                                                                    Shhhhhhhhhhputnik?

Sounds like an episode of Vipers Vax

Comment

A lad at work in his late 40s got jabbed yesterday. His missus was getting her 1st shot and they had leftover vials. He got the call but needed to leave work to be there in under 30 mins or someone else would get it.

Comment

A lad at work in his late 40s got jabbed yesterday. His missus was getting her 1st shot and they had leftover vials. He got the call but needed to leave work to be there in under 30 mins or someone else would get it.
                                                                                                        It's actually been very impressive how egalitarian the program has been. I think there were people who said that there'd be queue-jumping left, right and centre, especially if for those with the dollars to pay for it. Barring the couple of high-profile incidents (Beacon, Coombe etc), that hasn't happened at all. Would restore your faith in 'the system' a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Mrs Lao Lao turns a significant age in Sept. and Aimsir were releasing their overnight packages for July, Aug and Sept today at 1pm so I thought I'd nab one in Sept to mark the occasion.

Overnight accommodation

I was clicking refresh on the website from 12:55 and seconds after 1pm, the 'Buy Now' button pops up. Click away and the diary page opens up in another browser. Look for Fri & Sat dates in Sept and nothing. Go back and check Aug, all gone. July, all gone too. Recheck all three months. Yup, definitely all gone.

All tables for Fridays and Saturdays in all three months (26 nights) sold out in under 30 seconds.

All other days were sold out in a matter on minutes but that was irrelevant as really needed a Friday or Saturday.

Might be a good idea to start playing down the celebrations and setting the scene for a more modest dinner outing...
                                                                                                          It's my wife's significant age birthday next month, and the plan from about 2 years ago was to do the chef's table in Chapter One for (we've both been a good few times before and it's always a delight, well worth the spend I think) for us and sibling couples. It's still the hope, but the question now will be when - very much doubt we'll be quick enough off the draw to get any date in 2021 whenever it becomes possible, and given what you've said I can now see people panic booking any and all dates available into the medium term!

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhputnik?

Sounds like an episode of Vipers Vax
                                                                                                            Haha ah no. Apparently i class as some sort of low level healthcare worker due to working with a charity (?), didnt ask anymore questions and was able to register on the portal a while back
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

It's actually been very impressive how egalitarian the program has been. I think there were people who said that there'd be queue-jumping left, right and centre, especially if for those with the dollars to pay for it. Barring the couple of high-profile incidents (Beacon, Coombe etc), that hasn't happened at all. Would restore your faith in 'the system' a bit.
                                                                                                              They're literally horsing out jabs left, right and centre. I think the 7 day total was 280k as of yesterday. At this rate I'll probably get mine by the end of June (I'm mid 30s). I have a friend in her early forties with Asthma who should receive her 2nd dose in the next two weeks.

With any luck a trip abroad should be possible at the end of the summer or early autumn. Great to see this level of progress.

Comment

Covid Belly

The Missus (mid 40s) got some kind of injection as an appetite suppressant a few weeks ago – despite my protests that she needs to simply count the calories, no need for anything crazy. . Anyhow , in less then 3 weeks she has dropped 10kg. I’m not too comfortable with this route at all but apparently a safe route. Anyone here any experience of this type o thing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Overnight accommodation

Bring her to IKEA: it would definitely be a surprise and she would love it

Comment

Covid Belly

The Missus (mid 40s) got some kind of injection as an appetite suppressant a few weeks ago – despite my protests that she needs to simply count the calories, no need for anything crazy. . Anyhow , in less then 3 weeks she has dropped 10kg. I’m not too comfortable with this route at all but apparently a safe route. Anyone here any experience of this type o thing ?
                                                                                                                    What did they inject, worms?
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

It's my wife's significant age birthday next month, and the plan from about 2 years ago was to do the chef's table in Chapter One for (we've both been a good few times before and it's always a delight, well worth the spend I think) for us and sibling couples. It's still the hope, but the question now will be when - very much doubt we'll be quick enough off the draw to get any date in 2021 whenever it becomes possible, and given what you've said I can now see people panic booking any and all dates available into the medium term!
                                                                                                                      I'd say there's a crazy amount of pent-up demand for luxury experiences. Middle-class types who have been saving piles of cash throughout and have been promising themselves such things once we're out the other side.

Explain this to Mrs Ionapaul (who seemed like a rational person when I met her) and say that you will instead be taking her to mid-range suburban restaurant where you will order their second-cheapest bottle of champagne, to be followed by a romantic getaway in the nearest B&B. And you'll have money left over for breakfast rolls in the local Spar! Win all round - she will no doubt be doubly reassured about her choice of life partner too.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

What did they inject, worms?
                                                                                                                        Hmmm I might consider that for myself.

Comment

Covid Belly

Sounds like the kind of thing you could use short term, to help get into a wedding dress or whatever. Whatever it is isn't going to help in even the medium term imo.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X