This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
    RDIII vs Hitch relegated to the IPB Charity Boxing undercard forthwith.

We have a new match for the main even. One problem. Courier "The Obese Gay Alcoholic" Collie just wont work as an effective boxing moniker. As self appointed agent and fight promoter I'll get right to work on that one. I'm happy to run with Sick "The Cunt" Puppy though.
    I think a rubiks cube race could be a goer. I've never solved one though have been led to believe it is a learnable skill.
    Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

how to solve a rubilk's cube https://i.redd.it/1bm4tae1u8t61.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        how to solve a rubilk's cube https://i.redd.it/1bm4tae1u8t61.jpg
        Yeah put up a video of you doing it. And then doing it in a shorter period of time.

Comment

This made my day. Bbv is familiar with this iconic moment of Magic. Here is some more of Prince in directors cut of it . Must be on my 100th view of this .

A classic YouTube clip of Prince dazzling his peers at the 2004 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony has been re-cut by the original director.

Comment

I have a 3 month child. I didn't even finish reading the thing. I don't have a rubik's cube, and I am so tired I almost ate a teabag earlier.

No

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Yeah put up a video of you doing it. And then doing it in a shorter period of time.
              Take stickers off and resticker. Turning that yoke frustrating.

Comment

Next race at Churchill Downs, the Kentucky Derby, isn't off for 90 minutes... LOL Merica

90 minutes of NBC coverage would be preferable to 10 minutes of ITV's social stable shite, some of the NBC coverage is actually interesting.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                  RDIII vs Hitch relegated to the IPB Charity Boxing undercard forthwith.

We have a new match for the main event. One problem. Courier "The Obese Gay Alcoholic" Collie just wont work as an effective boxing moniker. As self appointed agent and fight promoter I'll get right to work on that one. I'm happy to run with Sick "The Cunt" Puppy though.
                  In fairness I’m middle aged overweight and have done some redic stuff. Apologies to Collie who has had a tough few years think the last 13 months have had people sideways at times. Had a tooth out got infected stitched reinfected stitched some jaw bone removed two weeks of crap sleep stress. I got knocked to the ground in a boxing match 33 years ago was off balance. Don’t know how I’ve managed not to get a slap in the face since.

Comment

I learned how to solve Rubik Cubes earlier in the year. Two minutes I think it was taking before I gave up. The key is thinking of it in three flat layers rather than 6 faces. Maybe. Moved on to something else after that.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                      This made my day. Bbv is familiar with this iconic moment of Magic. Here is some more of Prince in directors cut of it . Must be on my 100th view of this .
                      That cheeky look he is giving TP...wait till you see how im going to finish !!

Excellent start to Sunday.
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Nobody's being 'cancelled' (whatever the fuck that means).
                        sickpuppy called a poster an 'obese gay alcoholic'. That's completely out of order, under all circumstances. Nobody should be defending that, or seeking to deflect away from it.

Your posting on the other hand reads like something from the seamier reaches of Trumpworld (which is where the most nonsensical chatter about 'cancel culture' emanates from).
                        Huh?

The rare posts I make, generally boil down to saying the same thing regard, all this stuff. That basically all anyone can say is, " I dont know ". And it's a pity polarity and the tone of communication have changed. I dont think thats Trumpy stuff, and I dont allign that way. Again, I see that as an issue that if someone takes a moderately different viewpoint, they are painted as some extreme. Normally not the case.
                        I thought 'cancel culture's generally was driven by snowflakey elements of extreme left, again, ultimately who knows. Generally enjoy your posts, no beef my end anywho.

Comment

Dont worry lads you are approaching early middle age. It's the new Male menopause. Couple that with trying to cope with the over intellectualism of new woke directives and a new buzz word every few weeks , is probably boiling our piss unnecessarily. We probably all sit in similar camps and the conversation verbage would be completely different 10 years ago on similar topics.

Disclaimer. I have no idea what I'm trying to say here .

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post

Huh?

The rare posts I make, generally boil down to saying the same thing regard, all this stuff. That basically all anyone can say is, " I dont know ". And it's a pity polarity and the tone of communication have changed. I dont think thats Trumpy stuff, and I dont allign that way. Again, I see that as an issue that if someone takes a moderately different viewpoint, they are painted as some extreme. Normally not the case.
                            I thought 'cancel culture's generally was driven by snowflakey elements of extreme left, again, ultimately who knows. Generally enjoy your posts, no beef my end anywho.
                            I was replying to this:

Cancel Sickpuppy. Cancel everyone. Cancel everything! Hooorah!
                            which was your response to sickpuppy being called out for abusing another poster as a 'gay obese alcoholic'. I'd like to think we'd all agree we shouldn't be throwing around abuse like that on here. Instead you posted about 'cancel culture', which is the current favourite BS topic of the extreme right in the US. It reads like a defence of sickpuppy's post or else an attempt to deflect away from it.

tbf your posts have always tended to be on the Finnegans Wake end of the spectrum so maybe it meant something else in your head, in which case let us know what that was.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tom Hickey was a larger than life presence in my life growing up, a consummate artist and all round good guy. RIP

When I turned up the radio this morning to have my father hear that the death of his old friend was the headline story in the news, he seemed shocked and then when I said that Tom must be nearly 80 he laughed at me dismissively 'What are you on about, sure Tom is 15 years younger than me' so I said oh really so what age would you say he was ? In his 30's he replied with a 'Like D'oh!' look on his face.

This is amazing!

Comment

Today's cooking lesson - how to using a frying pan. Mind = blown!

Well not quite, but its shocking how many basic errors I used to make.

Comment

Huh?

I think what you were trying to say was that we need more nuance rather than polarisation, which I agree we can all do with.

Sickpuppy I think the conflicting mask advice was down to a couple of things, 1) they don’t work to stop you getting it which was the initial advice, but they realised that people who had COVID didn’t spread it as much when they wore masks so the advice to wear them was to stop the wearing spreading it rather than stopping them getting it.

Comment

La Rochelle

Comment

This is not going to end well. Leinster seem very flat and the surrender monkeys are well up for it they should e ale to close it out from here

Comment

Are La Rochelle a moneybags side or is the Leinster juggernaut shuddering to a halt?
                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                          Are La Rochelle a moneybags side or is the Leinster juggernaut shuddering to a halt?
                                          Not moneybags but richer than Irish provinces. Leinster & Ireland can't handle well coached big teams. Cant buy-in size and haven't been able to develop it. Final will be very tasty and good luck to both French teams.
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Is it just me or is Selby is just unlikeable as a snooker player. Whenever he plays I just seem to root for the other player to win
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              Tom Hickey was a larger than life presence in my life growing up, a consummate artist and all round good guy. RIP

When I turned up the radio this morning to have my father hear that the death of his old friend was the headline story in the news, he seemed shocked and then when I said that Tom must be nearly 80 he laughed at me dismissively 'What are you on about, sure Tom is 15 years younger than me' so I said oh really so what age would you say he was ? In his 30's he replied with a 'Like D'oh!' look on his face.

This is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                Today's cooking lesson - how to using a frying pan. Mind = blown!

Well not quite, but its shocking how many basic errors I used to make.
                                                Gis the tips. Joking aside sounds like a good course!

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Gis the tips. Joking aside sounds like a good course!
                                                  It was mainly:

- use a stainless steel pan to get the right crispiness
                                                  - use a water test to know its at the right temperature (a teaspoon of water should go in a bubble and skate on the surface when its the right temperature)
                                                  - only add oil after the pan reaches the right temperature
                                                  - very generously season food before cooking in a pan as salt is what gets the flavour out
                                                  - cook once each side listening to the sizzle to know its cooking properly

Heres the water test direct from Rouxbe:

I cooked chicken only seasoned with salt and pepper and a bit of lemon juice afterwards, and it was widely proclaimed as ridiculously good. So whatever about those individual instructions, it seems to have worked.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                    Is it just me or is Selby is just unlikeable as a snooker player. Whenever he plays I just seem to root for the other player to win
                                                    It's certainly not just you, a lot of people don't like him - mostly Ronnie O'Sullivan fans to be fair.

Personally i love the way he plays the game, he is the greatest matchplayer ever imo and is about to win his fourth world title at 37. Be a pretty boring sport if everyone played the same. What he doesn't get anywhere enough credit for is his actual break building prowess, you dont win multiple world titles by just being dour and goos at safety, he's a far more complete player than that.

Comment

It was mainly:

-
                                                      - very generously season food before cooking in a pan as salt is what gets the flavour out

Heres the water test direct from Rouxbe:

I cooked chicken only seasoned with salt and pepper and a bit of lemon juice afterwards, and it was widely proclaimed as ridiculously good. So whatever about those individual instructions, it seems to have worked.
                                                      I’m more impressed that lads have charged you for the above advice and you seem to think it’s good value
                                                      Hopefully they run a course on how to charge people for really basic common sense advice people could easily find for free
                                                      “PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

I’m more impressed that lads have charged you for the above advice and you seem to think it’s good value
                                                        Hopefully they run a course on how to charge people for really basic common sense advice people could easily find for free
                                                        Ah I dunno about that. Sounds like it's lots of stuff that you wouldn't know there was a better way of doing, wouldn't know to Google.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Maybe hitch is only repeating the obvious stuff... his only fans pages has the best bits apparently

Comment

I pay for courses and teaching all the time. On any subject 99.9% percent of the information is available on Google, but you are paying for it to be wrapped up neatly for you, and the act of paying for it means you are much more likely to pay attention and really take the information in. In hitches case I'd imagine the dish being complented was worth far more than whatever the cost of the course is.

PSV I think you need to spend some time with your bare feet in the grass. It would do you the world of good.

Comment

Tech experts; is this the real deal? I'm sold on the pitch anyway (apologies if discussed before).

Comment

This is not going to end well. Leinster seem very flat and the surrender monkeys are well up for it they should e ale to close it out from here
                                                                Hope La Rochelle close it out in the final now. Everything I hear about them as a club is very positive, they seem to have that Clermont vibe about them.

Leinster fell apart a bit once Ruddock went off. Hugely underrated player and leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Tech experts; is this the real deal? I'm sold on the pitch anyway (apologies if discussed before).

It's directionally correct, but there are lot of projects working on the same problem,

Comment

It was mainly:

- use a water test to know its at the right temperature (a teaspoon of water should go in a bubble and skate on the surface when its the right temperature)
                                                                    Getting the pan hot enough is a good 101 type tip. Especially where people grew up in an Irish Mammy whose standard approach was to pile in as much meat as possible to the pan so they can make another stew under the guise of frying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      Getting the pan hot enough is a good 101 type tip. Especially where people grew up in an Irish Mammy whose standard approach was to pile in as much meat as possible to the pan so they can make another stew under the guise of frying.
                                                                      Yeah! I guess its all really obvious. Just wasn't too me. Had never even considered the basic idea of pan heat, despite it seeming obvious with hindsight. Probably the first time I ever cooked anything was aged 19 in student digs and it involved shoving things in a pot and hoping for the best. Have improved that over the years, but its still all based on following recipes and without any underlying skills of the basics of how cooking works.

The course btw is $10 a month with the first month free, its not expensive.

Comment

Yeah! I guess its all really obvious. Just wasn't too me. Had never even considered the basic idea of pan heat, despite it seeming obvious with hindsight. Probably the first time I ever cooked anything was aged 19 in student digs and it involved shoving things in a pot and hoping for the best. Have improved that over the years, but its still all based on following recipes and without any underlying skills of the basics of how cooking works.

The course btw is $10 a month with the first month free, its not expensive.
                                                                        Yes theres a world of difference between feeding yourself and cooking a really nice meal. I can do the simple meals well like spag bol and stews/soups.
                                                                        Go to my sisters house and she would have this mouth wateringly tasty dish in pastry with an amazing sauce.
                                                                        "oh I just threw that together from some leftovers"

Comment

$10 is nothing tbf.
                                                                          Most good home cooking is just a sequence of relatively simple steps. But only really apparent when you know what they are.

Although an asterisk to hot pan rule is that it’s dependent on what your cooking. For example, pan fried duck breast should be started with breast in a cold pan, heated slowly.

Comment

Frying in butter, the butter tels you when it's time. As soon as it goes quiet.

Comment

PSV I found the perfect course for you.

https://www.udemy.com/course/achieve...e-an-optimist/

Comment

Bought this lad today, feels like xmas.

https://www.theorchard.ie/weber-spir...-gas-barbecue/

Comment

Brought it in the door and the three year old grabs me by the hand and says 'C'mon Dada, I want to show you something'

Brings me out to the kitchen and points out the window.

'We already have a barbecue'

Comment

Have you got go no wimmins to do your cooking ?

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Read an article there about teenagers at Howth junction targeting passengers running to catch the train, deliberately bumping in to them as they run. Unbalanced one woman who fell on to the tracks and then they just walk off. Absolute scum.

Had a gang of about 20 on their bikes the other day crossing the road in a big line. About 200 yards away from me I could see them blocking a car not giving a fuck. Dawdling and acting the bollox.
                                                                                        I gave them the fright of their life. Didnt slow down and the last bunch them didnt have the balls to test me.
                                                                                        Thoroughly enjoyed the panicked look of one fucker who was facing the wrong way. I went around him in fairness.

Comment

The crowd at the crucibleWow!

Who'd have thought that Hearn's manufactured hype could turn out to create one of the moments of a lifetime!

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                            Read an article there about teenagers at Howth junction targeting passengers running to catch the train, deliberately bumping in to them as they run. Unbalanced one woman who fell on to the tracks and then they just walk off. Absolute scum.

Had a gang of about 20 on their bikes the other day crossing the road in a big line. About 200 yards away from me I could see them blocking a car not giving a fuck. Dawdling and acting the bollox.
                                                                                            I gave them the fright of their life. Didnt slow down and the last bunch them didnt have the balls to test me.
                                                                                            Thoroughly enjoyed the panicked look of one fucker who was facing the wrong way. I went around him in fairness.

Comment

The crowd at the crucibleWow!

Who'd have thought that Hearn's manufactured hype could turn out to create one of the moments of a lifetime!
                                                                                              I've just turned it on - what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

I've just turned it on - what happened?
                                                                                                A couple of thousand people all in the one room clapping cheering and shouting. Real shivers down the spine stuff.

Comment

First vaccine shot done. Pretty nice set up in citywest. About 35 minutes total.

Comment

That seems a strange decision for Bill and Melinda, would be really curious to know what's going on there.

Comment

That seems a strange decision for Bill and Melinda, would be really curious to know what's going on there.
                                                                                                      He was overdue an upgrade in fairness .

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Like can understand kids doing silly stuff for a buzz etc but how possibly killing someone like this is funny? They should be identifiable on cctv ah yer honor he had no facilities where he grew up etc slap on the wrist. There is a huge lack of respect in this country with certain elements the brave guards clearing out churches fair play Lads.

Comment

she’s obviously not prepared to carry on being complicit in his Plandemic plans

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Like can understand kids doing silly stuff for a buzz etc but how possibly killing someone like this is funny? They should be identifiable on cctv ah yer honor he had no facilities where he grew up etc slap on the wrist. There is a huge lack of respect in this country with certain elements the brave guards clearing out churches fair play Lads.
                                                                                                            How can people have respect for gardai when they are busy fishing for retweets on Twitter or making stupid tik tok dance videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

I didn't even think the gap was that wide. That could take you a fair few nightmares to recover from if you took it the wrong way.

Comment

Hitch have you read Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat?

https://www.nateliason.com/notes/salt-fat-acid-heat

Comment

It's only a matter of time before teenage scumbags get a wake up call. I can see a headline or two coming up. It wont be the cops anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

No - have the book on the shelf, but could never get around to picking it up. I guess its the same idea. I just quite like the idea of a course compared to a book tbh. Quizzes and mini-videos and exercises.

Comment

Tomorrow's exercise is on sweating veg. Letting veg swim in a pan in a sea of oil at a lowish temperature in order to extract out flavours to create the base for something like a soup. Another basic enough idea, but interesting enough as you'd often focus on the bigger later flavours in a dish compared to the beginning ones. Making a tomato sauce which will cost at least twice what a supermarket tomato sauce would cost!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I bought this and The Food Lab a few months back for the missus. She loves them. They're huge books and essentially an encyclopediac reference on cooking fundamentals.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                          It's only a matter of time before teenage scumbags get a wake up call. I can see a headline or two coming up. It wont be the cops anyway.
                                                                                                                          Sure look the poor kids don't even know what gender they are these days, how can you expect them to know what basic behavioural norms look like?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X