Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

    is there any ostensible difference between the culture of clubs around Dublin? (eg. politics, social history etc...)

    I'll be looking for somewhere to the take the young fella in a year or two.

    St Pats is closest but Rovers not far away either.

    When you say fight club - was it a bit too 'inner city'?
    It would be Bohs for me. 100% membership owned since they were founded. Very vocal of society issues, especially racism and massively involved in the local community.

    Comment


      The Mauritanian is well worth two hours.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

      Comment


        Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post




        Ha! I'd forgotten all about that. I think I'd just bought a lot of meat from the grumpy 'aul lad that had the organic meat van. He was a strange fish altogether. Great product but the customer service skills of a rock.

        RIP Stuntdog!
        He's still there - comes up every Saturday from Carlow - still the same bundle of craic as he ever was.
        He also has a son who's inherited the same personality. Must be about 16 now and as awkward and dour as they come.

        Meat is superb though so meh, who needs jokes and smiles. Butchers are typically a jolly lot in my experience.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

        Comment


          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

          He's still there - comes up every Saturday from Carlow - still the same bundle of craic as he ever was.
          He also has a son who's inherited the same personality. Must be about 16 now and as awkward and dour as they come.

          Meat is superb though so meh, who needs jokes and smiles. Butchers are typically a jolly lot in my experience.
          Big mountain looking lad that also does his own cheese?
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

          Comment


            Originally posted by Lazare View Post

            Big mountain looking lad that also does his own cheese?
            No cheese and not a big lad.

            It's this guy.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

            Comment


              Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
              It would be Bohs for me. 100% membership owned since they were founded. Very vocal of society issues, especially racism and massively involved in the local community.
              Yeah they'd definitely be my go to club if I were on the northside. I suppose there's nothing stopping us travelling but I do like the idea of a more local club. While I'm not a Dubliner, he is and always will be.

              Comment


                Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

                So, I did get a response from our payment people! But I'm not giving you much more info than I had earlier - your withdrawal attempts were rejected by your own bank as they claim not to support VISA Direct, which unfortunately is the way our payment processor (the middle man between GGPoker and banks, e-wallets, etc...) facilitates withdrawals. Now using Skrill or Neteller is easiest but I can understand why you wouldn't want to bother setting up another account. My contact suggested that the best way forward was first to actively challenge your bank to enable this type of withdrawal for your account (as other VISA Direct withdrawals are getting through for other players), as they might be applying a restriction against you for whatever reason neither GG nor you are aware of. The next thing to do if this doesn't work is using a different card to withdraw (hopefully from a different financial institution!), after first making a minimum deposit of $10 to 'enable' that method A last resort (and happy to work with you on this) is to facilitate a manual transfer direct to your bank.
                Thanks a million for that Ionapaul. Ah look, dont be bothering about it, not end-of-the-world stuff at all. As the man sez, rules is rules and I accept that.
                I have over 40 years experience with the same bank/branch, and never a hard word between us, so I would hope/expect there is nothing they are not telling me.
                It may be the issue is cos I tried to withdraw dollars - Wicklowp seemed to sort the issue for himself by looking to refund in Euro, so I may lodge a small amount,
                play a few games and try refunding in euro and see what happens - else no biggie. No need for you to be doing anything else ionapaul, I dont expect to be playing online to any
                extent that would require manual transfers etc .
                Listen, you've gone above and beyond for basically a randomer, and I appreciate your kindness and assistance in a really big way. I am fully informed now and so
                no excuses for moaning , I'll figure out what way to proceed next.
                Thanks a million, I owe you at some level and lets hope the oul good karma rewards you in some way...
                Thanks again.

                Comment


                  Was just thinking how wonderful it was that George Hooke's attempt at a covid revival of his media profile was a total failure https://www.youtube.com/c/CovidRecoveryIreland/videos

                  Here he was with Ireland's no 1 covid grifter Ivor C

                  Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                    Pat's is a perfect place to take the wee lad. DP is exaggerating. Safer than most clubs imo
                    As I said, I went as a childer.
                    It's by all accounts, much better now
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                      Leaning towards cordless.
                      I've a problem with currys. I know that they mark up their computers and computer assesories a huge amount so naturally treat all their offerings with the suspicion that I can get a better deal elsewhere.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                      Comment


                        I go to better beds but I sleep less well


                        Turning millions into thousands

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          I go to better beds but I sleep less well


                          Good interview with Solks there

                          "So Mr Behan, has success spoilt you?"

                          "No, I was always like this"

                          (you see him reining in the instinct to say 'no, I was always a bollix')
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                          Comment


                            I presume that's a pinnie and not a stickie on his lapel
                            Turning millions into thousands

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

                              Danny, is the WSOP photography sorted already? Who will you be doing it for - PokerNews?
                              Hey Paul it's not sorted (afaik) I was chatting to some people in PokerNews who said they were having discussions, speaking to one of the other guys about heading over this year and that I should talk to my fiancee about it. I'd love to be back into the swing of things and hope I can get back behind the lens. If I do head over it will be more than likely working for PokerNews.

                              Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

                              Just an idea but I have been impressed with some of the pictures Sligo Rovers have had recently and they have a guy doing it
                              Maybe have a look at the Dublin LOI clubs Twitter/Instagram/websites
                              They are trying to up their game with regards to content, see if one might have a gap and reach out
                              Only pro-sporting event going at moment, might lead to something!?

                              Actually maybe try the league itself or the FAI as well?
                              I follow your man James Crombie on Twitter who has been doing the Sligo Rovers stuff and his photos are really good. I have a feeling that a lof of the LOI stuff is locked up with some company/organization as the times I've been to Pat's matches they do have a couple photographers there.

                              Cheers folks
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

                              Comment


                                Something I was wondering about (as I dug out a grave) was this - are you allowed to bury a human 'at home' here?

                                Definitely something that is very prevalent in other parts of the world - lots of rural Americans bury their dead at home and I remember being in the Cook Islands and every house had a collection of ancestral graves out the front. In Europe and here in Ireland specifically, that seems not to be the case - is it something that is actually legally prohibited or is it just a case of culture and custom not to do it?
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

                                  Hey Paul it's not sorted (afaik) I was chatting to some people in PokerNews who said they were having discussions, speaking to one of the other guys about heading over this year and that I should talk to my fiancee about it. I'd love to be back into the swing of things and hope I can get back behind the lens. If I do head over it will be more than likely working for PokerNews.



                                  I follow your man James Crombie on Twitter who has been doing the Sligo Rovers stuff and his photos are really good. I have a feeling that a lof of the LOI stuff is locked up with some company/organization as the times I've been to Pat's matches they do have a couple photographers there.

                                  Cheers folks
                                  from a pure €€€ point of view would doing the WSOP pay more than the few weddings you could potentially fit in that period?
                                  Or is it more a labour of love?
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    Something I was wondering about (as I dug out a grave) was this - are you allowed to bury a human 'at home' here?

                                    Definitely something that is very prevalent in other parts of the world - lots of rural Americans bury their dead at home and I remember being in the Cook Islands and every house had a collection of ancestral graves out the front. In Europe and here in Ireland specifically, that seems not to be the case - is it something that is actually legally prohibited or is it just a case of culture and custom not to do it?
                                    Some farmer with a nice bit of land, I guess would be no problem. You'd need approval and inspections before hand to ensure no cables/pipes, drainage issues or whatever
                                    Sticking your granny in the front garden of a terraced house in Crumlin might be different.
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Something I was wondering about (as I dug out a grave) was this - are you allowed to bury a human 'at home' here?

                                      Definitely something that is very prevalent in other parts of the world - lots of rural Americans bury their dead at home and I remember being in the Cook Islands and every house had a collection of ancestral graves out the front. In Europe and here in Ireland specifically, that seems not to be the case - is it something that is actually legally prohibited or is it just a case of culture and custom not to do it?
                                      That depends. Your typical Bohs fan would probably bury their ‘cough’ releatives up in the Dublin Mountains somewhere in an unmarked and exclusive graveyard. Their back gardens would be the last place they would bury anything , at most maybe a hand with a finger missing (due to tightness of sovereign ring) Whereas your typical Pats fan would use Mount Jerome or similar. Down in Kerry they bury their heads into their hands mostly around all Ireland time. In Mayo they don’t die, they never die in Mayo, they keep coming back, even when you are convinced they are completely dead.

                                      Comment


                                        That Brendan Behan clip is fascinating. Read everything he wrote, but never actually heard him speaking before, and he actually speaks like he reads. Like a cheeky bollix. Saw another video set a few years after that and he sounded a bit more like Shane McGowan by that stage. Well not that bad, but something more in that direction.

                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                          Good interview with Solks there

                                          "So Mr Behan, has success spoilt you?"

                                          "No, I was always like this"

                                          (you see him reining in the instinct to say 'no, I was always a bollix')
                                          I'm much pointier looking than him. I dont see the resemblance , have been told before I look like him.
                                          Must be the unkempt look . My mirror tells a tale of a more dashing figure .
                                          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 22-04-21, 10:47.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            That Brendan Behan clip is fascinating. Read everything he wrote, but never actually heard him speaking before, and he actually speaks like he reads. Like a cheeky bollix. Saw another video set a few years after that and he sounded a bit more like Shane McGowan by that stage. Well not that bad, but something more in that direction.
                                            Wasn't there always an open question about whether Behan was gay (or bisexual)? I think it was widely known at the time but given the climate, it only came out long after he died. Might have been Ulick O'Connor who actually put it down in print.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                              Some farmer with a nice bit of land, I guess would be no problem. You'd need approval and inspections before hand to ensure no cables/pipes, drainage issues or whatever
                                              Sticking your granny in the front garden of a terraced house in Crumlin might be different.
                                              Yeah just wondering what the legality of it is vs custom and practice.

                                              A quick google suggests it's difficult but not impossible to get approval for it. Could hardly see it happening in any kind of urban setting.

                                              /turns off random thought generator for this morbid topic/
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                              Comment


                                                Was Behan a good writer? I tried reading his play The Hostage earlier this month and didn't get very far.

                                                Comment


                                                  He was a good writer ,not a great writer


                                                  I was very young when I read Borstal Boy and enjoyed it but I wasn't inspired to read everything he wrote, definitely worth reading though. Saw a good production of the Quare Fellow some years later and thought it was a bit of a rehash of BB but it was actually the other way around.


                                                  Turning millions into thousands

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    Read everything he wrote, but never actually heard him speaking before, and he actually speaks like he reads. Like a cheeky bollix. Saw another video set a few years after that and he sounded a bit more like Shane McGowan by that stage. Well not that bad, but something more in that direction.
                                                    If you never actually heard him speak before. Then I presume the other video was actually just Shane McGowen.

                                                    Mad to think Behan is 36 in that clip though.

                                                    Comment


                                                      I remember in a pub in Prague. A huge mural of himself sitting in his gaff in Crumlin . I have it somewhere .

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                        No cheese and not a big lad.

                                                        It's this guy.
                                                        Not the grumpy bollix I was thinking of, but funny, I do have his number in my phone. Don't remember him though.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                        Comment


                                                          It was this night I was accused of looking like Brendan Behan. With me pint o plain .

                                                          Guy behind me , grey haired - produced one of U2s album.
                                                          He was used to guitar wankers .
                                                          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 22-04-21, 12:27.

                                                          Comment


                                                            I was watching the documentary on Netflix about the grip of social media , phones etc on our lives. A LOT of it rang true So as an experiment I’m banning myself from all phone related media for a month to see if I can break the habit. I no longer will be taking my phone any way near the bedroom and will only answer to phone calls and texts during normal hours , so my Whatpass madness will also be curtailed. It should be interesting to see if I can knock it on the head. Scary stuff in the docu , I know - we already know this stuff but it’s still made me feel like a sucker.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                              I remember in a pub in Prague. A huge mural of himself sitting in his gaff in Crumlin . I have it somewhere .
                                                              O'Che Guevarra's?
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                              Comment


                                                                I can see all this hullabaloo over the shinners data breaches/irregularities/incorrectly storing data coming back to bite all the political parties in the arse.

                                                                It looks like our medical experts are waiting for someone else to make a decision on the JNJ vaccine...pussies...

                                                                Isnt it a beautiful day all the same, in spite of the news.
                                                                This too shall pass.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                  I was watching the documentary on Netflix about the grip of social media , phones etc on our lives. A LOT of it rang true So as an experiment I’m banning myself from all phone related media for a month to see if I can break the habit. I no longer will be taking my phone any way near the bedroom and will only answer to phone calls and texts during normal hours , so my Whatpass madness will also be curtailed. It should be interesting to see if I can knock it on the head. Scary stuff in the docu , I know - we already know this stuff but it’s still made me feel like a sucker.
                                                                  Its mad how effective that documentary is. My brother has never returned to FB since and uses some non-google search engine now.
                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                    Yeah just wondering what the legality of it is vs custom and practice.

                                                                    A quick google suggests it's difficult but not impossible to get approval for it. Could hardly see it happening in any kind of urban setting.

                                                                    /turns off random thought generator for this morbid topic/
                                                                    Are you going for a Santas Little Helper 2? Seemingly donedeal is full of ads for 9-month-old dogs from pricks who bought a dog at the beginning of lockdown and now are going back to work and realise they've no way of looking after them.
                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Nothing from Patsy Fagan then ?

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                                                          O'Che Guevarra's?
                                                                          Thought it was The Dubliner or something. Near the mojito bar.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            Something I was wondering about (as I dug out a grave) was this - are you allowed to bury a human 'at home' here?
                                                                            Not even sure you are technically allowed to bury your dog the way you did. (Don't worry, I won't report you).
                                                                            Must be rules on minimum depth, and how far away from water pipes etc that you are.

                                                                            I wonder if you sell the house short-term do you have to tell the new owners.
                                                                            I'm thinking of when they start digging to build a water fountain or something, and find a heap of bones and call in the cops.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                              It was this night I was accused of looking like Brendan Behan. With me pint o plain .

                                                                              Guy behind me , grey haired - produced one of U2s album.
                                                                              He was used to guitar wankers .
                                                                              I wasn't kidding. You are an actual doppelgänger for BB himself. Even more so with the pint in hand.

                                                                              Here's a photo of Solks from another social occasion:

                                                                              irish-playwright-brendan-behan-with-a-pint-of-beer-glass-neg-shutterstock-editorial-3318289a.jpg
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                Are you going for a Santas Little Helper 2? Seemingly donedeal is full of ads for 9-month-old dogs from pricks who bought a dog at the beginning of lockdown and now are going back to work and realise they've no way of looking after them.
                                                                                Probably get a new dog - but need to let the dust (and kids emotions) settle a bit first. Maybe in the Autumn when hopefully normal life is in sight.

                                                                                Not sure if I'd take on a dog that's effectively a fostering job. I think I'd prefer to go from puppyhood for sure.
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                  Are you going for a Santas Little Helper 2? Seemingly donedeal is full of ads for 9-month-old dogs from pricks who bought a dog at the beginning of lockdown and now are going back to work and realise they've no way of looking after them.
                                                                                  Donedeal suspended their dog selling section a long time ago for that reason, along with the uptick in stolen dogs being advertised.

                                                                                  There might be another way of advertising a dog on done deal I'm not aware of but the dog section is definitely suspended

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    Not even sure you are technically allowed to bury your dog the way you did. (Don't worry, I won't report you).
                                                                                    Must be rules on minimum depth, and how far away from water pipes etc that you are.

                                                                                    I wonder if you sell the house short-term do you have to tell the new owners.
                                                                                    I'm thinking of when they start digging to build a water fountain or something, and find a heap of bones and call in the cops.
                                                                                    I did check.

                                                                                    3 feet down (so no other critter takes fancy to digging her up), not near pipes, not near walls and you're grand seemed to be the consensus of the internet. Down at the back of quite a long garden between two trees so I doubt anyone ever inters her although if they do, they will be puzzled by the fragments of robot-themed blanket her skeleton will be wrapped in.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                                                                      from a pure €€€ point of view would doing the WSOP pay more than the few weddings you could potentially fit in that period?
                                                                                      Or is it more a labour of love?
                                                                                      Going by the rate I'm paying my wedding photographer probably not

                                                                                      I've definitely missed the comradely of the people that I work with. Always have felt very fortunate to do what I've been able to do over the last number of years but in saying that been kicking myself for not diversifying outside of poker and this pandemic has shown me that I need to be branching out in what I photograph.

                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by dobby View Post

                                                                                        Donedeal suspended their dog selling section a long time ago for that reason, along with the uptick in stolen dogs being advertised.

                                                                                        There might be another way of advertising a dog on done deal I'm not aware of but the dog section is definitely suspended
                                                                                        My in-laws in Mayo are absolutely paranoid their Springer Spaniel will be dognapped - apparently they are being robbed to order for the UK market.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Solks much more likely to be straight tho
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            Solks much more likely to be straight tho
                                                                                            In da wimmins prison theres 70 wimmin . Ah sure it's with them I wish I did dwell.

                                                                                            I'd say he was too.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                              My in-laws in Mayo are absolutely paranoid their Springer Spaniel will be dognapped - apparently they are being robbed to order for the UK market.
                                                                                              it's gone absolutely mental here. Dog theft is rampant and people are terrified to take their dogs of the leads (although that doesn't discourage the thieves either). And puppies (especially the new designer breeds)are being sold for a lot of money so new breeders/puppy farms are everywhere. makes you sick tbh.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                I wasn't kidding. You are an actual doppelgänger for BB himself. Even more so with the pint in hand.

                                                                                                Here's a photo of Solks from another social occasion:

                                                                                                irish-playwright-brendan-behan-with-a-pint-of-beer-glass-neg-shutterstock-editorial-3318289a.jpg
                                                                                                Ah here ref. That's yer man out of d'unbelievables

                                                                                                Must be a D12 thing you are seeing. BB is a big fat cheeked fellow . I'm hissy fitting here .

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by dobby View Post

                                                                                                  Donedeal suspended their dog selling section a long time ago for that reason, along with the uptick in stolen dogs being advertised.

                                                                                                  There might be another way of advertising a dog on done deal I'm not aware of but the dog section is definitely suspended
                                                                                                  Ah. It was my sister in Omagh who said that, so she maybe meant a local NI website, and my brain filled in donedeal.
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                    I was watching the documentary on Netflix about the grip of social media , phones etc on our lives. A LOT of it rang true So as an experiment I’m banning myself from all phone related media for a month to see if I can break the habit. I no longer will be taking my phone any way near the bedroom and will only answer to phone calls and texts during normal hours , so my Whatpass madness will also be curtailed. It should be interesting to see if I can knock it on the head. Scary stuff in the docu , I know - we already know this stuff but it’s still made me feel like a sucker.
                                                                                                    In something that says far more about me than other people, I get a maximum of 2-3 calls or messages a week..including whatsapp. Not in, nor ever have been, in any whatsapp groups and don’t have any social media accounts (apart from a dead facebook ac that was setup purely because football matches were organised exclusively through there)

                                                                                                    this isn’t a new thing either. Even 5-10 years ago other than work calls or messages I practically never used my mobile phone.
                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

                                                                                                    http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                                                                                      Ah here ref. That's yer man out of d'unbelievables

                                                                                                      Must be a D12 thing you are seeing. BB is a big fat cheeked fellow . I'm hissy fitting here .
                                                                                                      You should feel honoured to be compared to such an emblematic Dub.

                                                                                                      A bit like how I feel when people tell me I look like a younger George Clooney.
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                        My in-laws in Mayo are absolutely paranoid their Springer Spaniel will be dognapped - apparently they are being robbed to order for the UK market.
                                                                                                        Yeah, they're a wanted breed. There has been 2 cases I know of near my home place in Kerry where a van just pulled up and took the dog away from someone out walking. One was a woman alone, dog on lead, struggle, dog gone. Other was a woman with kids, dog on lead, threaten kids, dog gone. They dgaf, if they want the dog, they'll get it.

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Not sure if you got those knives Hitch but I got these ones about 2 years ago now and they're still going strong. Made a massive difference in the kitchen especially with cooking a lot more during lockdowns. Currently about half price again too

                                                                                                          https://www.arnotts.ie/home/kitchen/...SABEgJaGvD_BwE

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Yeah will be a dog Holocaust when this is over- the people paying stupid money from dodgy cunts on FB etc are as bad

                                                                                                            think dog wardens should just be allowed seize breeds like huskies etc on sight. 99.99% of owners of dogs like that don’t have a fucking clue, it’s sick

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              6.35 - Dicebox, Shark Hanlon EW, not a tip and no info but sure what could go wrong with a name like that

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                6.35 - Dicebox, Shark Hanlon EW, not a tip and no info but sure what could go wrong with a name like that
                                                                                                                One for the notebook.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                                                                                                  I'm not crazy right? It's a no brainer to go with the first one?

                                                                                                                  In other house related quandries, Shark Vs Dyson?

                                                                                                                  Shark seems to be just as good for half the price
                                                                                                                  No to shark, I was following Mrs Hinch on instagram and ended up buying the cordless one. I had to stop every 5 mins to clear it as it was getting clogged. I had dysons , one 10 yrs, 2nd one 8 yrs just upgraded never had a problem, brought the shark back to currys and they let me change it for theDyson V7 much better and lighter.
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Hey MSN how are you doing? How's the year of lockdown's been for you?
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Iago & Solksjaer!

                                                                                                                      I'm in the middle of a book about this at the moment. It's a great read so far but I'll reserve full judgement until I finish it and have a proper think.

                                                                                                                      Digital Minimalism: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...tal-minimalism

                                                                                                                      The gist so far is that humans evolved over Millenia through face to face and social interaction. All the while having meaningful moments of solitude and engagement in relationships, hobbies etc. The advent of ubiquitous internet-enabled mobile devices and attention-hogging algorithmic targeting has left us, anxiety-ridden scroll junkies. Our interactions are reduced to a constant flow of thumbs ups, hearts, or insincere messages.

                                                                                                                      The author promotes de-programming yourself by reducing the number of apps to the absolute minimum and avoiding social media at almost all costs. By this theory, I should not be visiting IPB ten times daily or even posting. Maybe check once a day or even every few days but more likely ignore it as there is no tangible benefit to me. The time I lose or anxiety that I feel would be essentially eliminated if I replaced this type of activity with something that has intent. Ultimately something I find joyful or fulfilling and that which allows uninterrupted focus.

                                                                                                                      There's likely a missing message in here about balance but I still have to finish the book. I really do like the concept and it's made me re-evaluate a lot of my technology-related behavior. Particularly when working or being between tasks/chores.

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Hey MSN how are you doing? How's the year of lockdown's been for you?
                                                                                                                        how ya

                                                                                                                        well its much better now than what it was. working from home is a nightmare, 100% not for me at all. I really miss talking to people.But we are heading back soon thank fuck!
                                                                                                                        I ate and drank all around me so much so that I ended up knocking the lot on the head. its approx 2 months since I drank and I feel absolutly fantastic, I'm a new woman. My anxiety has vanished , that in itself is like winning the lotto! bit of weight to get down which I am currently working on. but all in all yeah lfe is fabulous hope all is good with you !
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                          Iago & Solksjaer!

                                                                                                                          I'm in the middle of a book about this at the moment. It's a great read so far but I'll reserve full judgement until I finish it and have a proper think.

                                                                                                                          Digital Minimalism: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...tal-minimalism

                                                                                                                          The gist so far is that humans evolved over Millenia through face to face and social interaction. All the while having meaningful moments of solitude and engagement in relationships, hobbies etc. The advent of ubiquitous internet-enabled mobile devices and attention-hogging algorithmic targeting has left us, anxiety-ridden scroll junkies. Our interactions are reduced to a constant flow of thumbs ups, hearts, or insincere messages.

                                                                                                                          The author promotes de-programming yourself by reducing the number of apps to the absolute minimum and avoiding social media at almost all costs. By this theory, I should not be visiting IPB ten times daily or even posting. Maybe check once a day or even every few days but more likely ignore it as there is no tangible benefit to me. The time I lose or anxiety that I feel would be essentially eliminated if I replaced this type of activity with something that has intent. Ultimately something I find joyful or fulfilling and that which allows uninterrupted focus.

                                                                                                                          There's likely a missing message in here about balance but I still have to finish the book. I really do like the concept and it's made me re-evaluate a lot of my technology-related behavior. Particularly when working or being between tasks/chores.
                                                                                                                          Do you not think IPB is a bit like going to the pub and talking shite with people you've known for years?

                                                                                                                          Compared to say Twitter, which is the equivalent of having 10,000 strangers running past your open window screaming.

                                                                                                                          That's kinda how I justify my social media usage anyway.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X