This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    I was thinking about the champions league and the threat to ban the 3 clubs before the semi's

They shouldn't do this, not fair on PSG to win it dirty, let PSG (PSG are the fucking good guys, Jesus Christ) try and win it and cancel it as soon as they get knocked out

If PSG lose the final, hand them the losers medals on the podium, get the winning team to queue to the side of the podium and then have a bunch of lads come on the pitch,
    take the plinth apart and have whomever is presenting the trophy walk off down the tunnel with it

...I should probably be spending my time giving it the auld Indiana Jones on the ancient text of the database rather than this shite
    Who is this PSG of whom you speak? do you not mean 'Qatari sportswashing brand improvement project' FC?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What's the betting on the Chauvin trial?

Would be American news for the evening job if he walks.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Probably walk, and start a podcast with OJ.

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 20-04-21, 12:44.
        Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Who is this PSG of whom you speak? do you not mean 'Qatari sportswashing brand improvement project' FC?
          Ya, you know the lads everyone called scum until Sunday and now suddenly they are the ones pointing at others shouting scum and everyone is agreeing with them
          PMA

Comment

Database guru types
            college course, design a database for a dentist type project...all good

30% of marks... demonstrate codds rules to prove database is relational
            With accompanied rules that look like the have been roughly translated from Hindi (their defacto youtube language of choice)

eehh...whole internet seems to be ignoring these rules from the past designed to fight fake rdbs that no longer exist

Can a kindly database guru point me in the direction of a simple (with examples if possible) breakdown of the rules
            Codd helped come up with a few rule sets around databases. One set is concerned with how relational database management systems are implemented. I don't think is the rule set you are interested in.

The rule set you are probably interested in, if the question is about designing a database for a dentist, are Codd's normalization rules, well Boyce-Codd's actually.

Google how to normalize a database.

Something like this. https://www.w3schools.in/dbms/database-normalization/

Data normalizations is hugely important. Trying to write SQL against a dataset that isn't correctly normalized from the get go, is a massive pain in the hoop.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Codd helped come up with a few rule sets around databases. One set is concerned with how relational database management systems are implemented. I don't think is the rule set you are interested in.

The rule set you are probably interested in, if the question is about designing a database for a dentist, are Codd's normalization rules, well Boyce-Codd's actually.

Google how to normalize a database.

Something like this. https://www.w3schools.in/dbms/database-normalization/

Data normalizations is hugely important. Trying to write SQL against a dataset that isn't correctly normalized from the get go, is a massive pain in the hoop.

I wish it was the normalisation rules wombat, that's all pretty simple imo
              It is indeed the twelve rules of what is relational
              The lecturers lecture on it is him basically repeating them and saying stuff like they are hard to understand, lazy bastard!

Seems to me they were written for a time when cowboys pretended their product was relational but now it is all kind of in the code hence ignored
              Im sure it's relatively straight forward but was just looking for a simpler breakdown than the actual rules to follow

I should have made that clearer, will edit, Cheers!
              Last edited by Elshambles; 20-04-21, 13:01.
              PMA

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

only takes one headbanger on the jury.....

my money would be on a manslaughter guilty verdict

Comment

Ya, you know the lads everyone called scum until Sunday and now suddenly they are the ones pointing at others shouting scum and everyone is agreeing with them
                  ah you mean 'American Venture Capitalist' City or 'Russian Murderous Oligarch' United?

Comment

The lecturers lecture on it is him basically repeating them and saying stuff like they are hard to understand, lazy bastard!

Seems to me they were written for a time when cowboys pretended their product was relational but now it is all kind of in the code hence ignored
                    Im sure it's relatively straight forward but was just looking for a simpler breakdown than the actual rules to follow

As I said, implementing the 12 (13) rules is the business of RDBMS designers like Microsoft, Oracle or the PostgreSQL Global Development Group. I certainly wouldn't be writing a RDBMS from scratch if I was throwing a database together for a Dentist. A better question might have been, compare and contrast how compliant a few major RDBMS implementations are with the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

As I said, implementing the 12 (13) rules is the business of RDBMS designers like Microsoft, Oracle or the PostgreSQL Global Development Group. I certainly wouldn't be writing a RDBMS from scratch if I was throwing a database together for a Dentist. A better question might have been, compare and contrast how compliant a few major RDBMS implementations are with the rules.
                      Ya, that's what I thought myself but...
                      I need to prove my sql database fits the rules using queries etc
                      Probably easy enough but seems pointless and there is a reason all the youtube videos are cheap and in Hindi or history lessons

Ive an awful feeling given a couple of weeks i could write a better database course than him

Thanks for clearing that up a bit!
                      PMA

Comment

Bitta Dunning Kruger in here today.
                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

You get the feeling the people who make the prices consider the people who spend their money an inconvenience?

You think Germany where the system benefits Bayern more than anyone else is the exception? Germany is held back by these fans and now they all throw a strop at Leipzig doing what you can do to be successful.

English soccer did something in the early 90s that every other national association wishes they did the first.

Its been cheaper for me to day trip Chelsea than half day Lansdowne Road on quite a few occasions.

I make last orders back in my local in Kilcoole easily when going to a 3pm game in London. I never make it when hitting a 7.45pm in Dublin using public transport and London is still cheaper most of the time!

You're wrong m8
                          Are you in favour of the new league?

Obv it isn't a runner in its current proposed format but lets assume that if it does get out of the gate it will succeed and quickly become a c.20 team pan Europe maybe even EMEA franchise; is Chelsea dining at the big boys table a worthwhile price to pay for a complete and permanent separation from the FA and English soccer?
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just write that's all academic nonsense and none of the major RDBMS's implement them exactly correctly for various reasons. Guaranteed to get either an A or an F.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Just write that's all academic nonsense and none of the major RDBMS's implement them exactly correctly for various reasons. Guaranteed to get either an A or an F.
                              Seriously tempted
                              Thing is, fado fado when I did the engineering degree, I did databases, never did this, now on a course that is more basic I seeing this shit

When I first started reading and saw about how Oracle dont do them all and others use them less...

My pretend shop database is going to be one of the purest in the world, will look great on my CV... writer of Pure databases hey

Tbh, First time I saw it, I was what the fuck... imagine the people who never did SQL/Databases before?

Thanks lads, will just plow on without much thought to it and see!

Last edited by Elshambles; 20-04-21, 15:51.
                              PMA

Comment

Are you actually developing an RDBMS from scratch or using an existing one? If the latter then you just have describe how that RDBMS achieves those things for you, which should be readily available in the docs. It's not really relevant to the design as the RDBMS won't allow you to break those rules. If the former then O_o that's a huge lump of work for a course project.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  Are you actually developing an RDBMS from scratch or using an existing one? If the latter then you just have describe how that RDBMS achieves those things for you, which should be readily available in the docs. It's not really relevant to the design as the RDBMS won't allow you to break those rules. If the former then O_o that's a huge lump of work for a course project.
                                  SQL database in MariaDB on myPHPAdmin

Have to write some sql to prove the various rules, got my head around it pretty much now, was just looking for simplified version of the rules with maybe some examples

I think he pulled it out of his arse tbh

Should be grand, cheers fella
                                  PMA

Comment

Have been having a tough few weeks Myself recently, then today I remembered Ireland’s bottle job at the Japan rugby World Cup and i cheered up instantly. It’ll never stop being funny

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                      Bitta Dunning Kruger in here today.
                                      Tell us more......

Comment

Kildare overtaking Offaly as Covidiest County I see.

Comment

The smartest rats trying to bail back onto land before it is too late?

Comment

https://www.daft.ie/commercial-prope...blin-2/2858662

Comment

Syndicate?

Comment

What's that deal mean?
                                                you buy it for that price, then rent is binding for the next 7 years at 70 odd grand?
                                                Presume that's depending on the Mgmt company finding a tenant right?
                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

This guy has skewered the football nonsense beautifully. Worth a read (and a laugh).

Comment

Evening all. I have a sad tale to relate about ggpoker - some of the fault may be mine, I'm somewhat confused at this stage. I'll try not to keep you too long...

Firstly, some of you will know I am a long-time lurker here, don't post very much. As I am a "senior" type of guy, I don't understand much of what you young lads do be on about, eg them oul Nft's and such like! So I am maybe confused about modern technological methods. Anyway, this is in the nature of a serious complaint/moan and I'd be interested to hear what people here think. And so, again before I get into detail I must confess I'm one of the crappiest poker players ever - pretty shit live, but really appalling online. You will know the sorry tale going back to c 2005 - only playing drunk, at levels way way beyond my competence, the occasional lucky strike but always ending in abject failure and excluding myself from sites etc. Which is absolutely fine, I always had the money to indulge and while I didn't like losing it, there were no sour grapes...
                                                    And so, during lock down I decided once again to donate my money to a group of fellow online players who I felt would really appreciate it! I duly rejoined ggpoker. We had a little discussion about previous accounts I had opened with them previously, but after some assiduous copying and posting of intimate and other personal details, I was cleared to once again join the merry throngs playing online on their site.

I stuck in 300 dollars in 2 separate deposits and I almost immediately struck lucky - a rare occurrence - over a few nights playing. I made a withdrawal request of 500 dollars back to my Visa, but nothing seemed to happen and so I soon pulled it back to my poker account and duly lost most of it. However I had a mini recovery and decided - definitely - to withdraw 150 dollars to my Visa. Nothing happened for a few days and so I decided to try and trace back through my gg account to see what happened. Well, it turned out my withdrawal had been sent from gg to my bank (AIB) who had rejected it because, my helpful phone-banking assistant said, gg had used a method - visa direct I think she said - to refund my money, which is not acceptable to AIB; and could I please ask ggpoker to use a different method to return monies to my VISA account. No one had told me about my 150 floating around in free space, anyway...

Well, sez I, I am sure I'm not the only Irish online player with ggpoker that uses VISA, so they (gg) must have other methods/networks/whatever to put monies back into accounts. So I texted their help/support people , explained what AIB had said, and asked could they have a look and sort things out. I would have assumed that a worldwide organisation like gg would be able to deal with a small issue like this...

I duly received a polite, if robotic/scripted reply saying they would ask their cashier section to look into things. In the meantime, my poker luck was holding and I had accumulated a further 900 dollars, of which 500 was required (by me) to go back to my visa. Are you detecting a sorry ending to this cos you'd be right. I had 500 dollars unused in my gg account - to be returned to my VISA- duly lost the other 400 - fair enough - and made a further withdrawal request for the 500 back to my VISA. At pretty much the same time as I did this request I got a longer, even more robotic/scripted note, written in a formal but bad version of English, telling me basically to fuck off and use a different deposit/withdrawal account. Of course my immediate response to this was to pull my 500 straight back into my poker account, and in a glorious but ultimately self-defeating blaze of glory, to donate that back to the poker world also.
                                                    You'll guess from the passive/aggressive nature of all of the above, that I am fucking furious and feel really badly treated. It appears that I can put as much money as I like into my gg online poker account, just don't ever try and withdraw any of it.
                                                    Sorry this is such a long post and I hope I don't come across as moaning (of course you do, sez the assembled masses!), but there seems to be some kind if bind in the above that doesn't make sense. I would have thought, if money could be deposited from a standard VISA card, it could just as easily be refunded to it...
                                                    Maybe it's me, I dunno. But there's a total of 1, 150 dollars that might have resided in my VISA account that I ended up donking away cos I could find no way to release it. The money doesn't matter, but I feel as if I've been royally fucked over... By someone
                                                    ​​​​​​.. GG? The bank? I dunno But I' m fuckin sorry I bothered me arse with the whole online thing once again. Ionapaul may be interested given his gg connection...
                                                    ​​​ Apologies for any typos or discrepancies in the above, but you get my point. I think I have 10 dollars left in my gg account which will go you know where...

Comment

Now we know why ionapaul is checking out all those mansions in swanky suburbs of Dublin...

Comment

For crying out loud (most underrated song of his) Jim Steinman dead. Boo

Comment

This guy has skewered the football nonsense beautifully. Worth a read (and a laugh).
                                                          That guy is good .

Comment

So the chairman of Glazer United has resigned. Abu Dhabi Sportswashing City have pulled out of the Super League as have Plaything of Murderous Russian Oligarch FC (London version). Fiat Corp FC also denying that their chairman has quit.

Quite the exciting day of football news tbf.

Comment

Don't think I've seen a project abandoned quite this fast for a long, long time.

No doubt CHD will be along later to extol the strategic brilliance on display by the ex-Super League clubs today.

Comment

Let's get behind the remaining super 2 .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                    Let's get behind the remaining super 2 .
                                                                    PMA

Comment

Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm View Post
                                                                      Evening all. I have a sad tale to relate about ggpoker - some of the fault may be mine, I'm somewhat confused at this stage. I'll try not to keep you too long...

Firstly, some of you will know I am a long-time lurker here, don't post very much. As I am a "senior" type of guy, I don't understand much of what you young lads do be on about, eg them oul Nft's and such like! So I am maybe confused about modern technological methods. Anyway, this is in the nature of a serious complaint/moan and I'd be interested to hear what people here think. And so, again before I get into detail I must confess I'm one of the crappiest poker players ever - pretty shit live, but really appalling online. You will know the sorry tale going back to c 2005 - only playing drunk, at levels way way beyond my competence, the occasional lucky strike but always ending in abject failure and excluding myself from sites etc. Which is absolutely fine, I always had the money to indulge and while I didn't like losing it, there were no sour grapes...
                                                                      And so, during lock down I decided once again to donate my money to a group of fellow online players who I felt would really appreciate it! I duly rejoined ggpoker. We had a little discussion about previous accounts I had opened with them previously, but after some assiduous copying and posting of intimate and other personal details, I was cleared to once again join the merry throngs playing online on their site.

I stuck in 300 dollars in 2 separate deposits and I almost immediately struck lucky - a rare occurrence - over a few nights playing. I made a withdrawal request of 500 dollars back to my Visa, but nothing seemed to happen and so I soon pulled it back to my poker account and duly lost most of it. However I had a mini recovery and decided - definitely - to withdraw 150 dollars to my Visa. Nothing happened for a few days and so I decided to try and trace back through my gg account to see what happened. Well, it turned out my withdrawal had been sent from gg to my bank (AIB) who had rejected it because, my helpful phone-banking assistant said, gg had used a method - visa direct I think she said - to refund my money, which is not acceptable to AIB; and could I please ask ggpoker to use a different method to return monies to my VISA account. No one had told me about my 150 floating around in free space, anyway...

Well, sez I, I am sure I'm not the only Irish online player with ggpoker that uses VISA, so they (gg) must have other methods/networks/whatever to put monies back into accounts. So I texted their help/support people , explained what AIB had said, and asked could they have a look and sort things out. I would have assumed that a worldwide organisation like gg would be able to deal with a small issue like this...

I duly received a polite, if robotic/scripted reply saying they would ask their cashier section to look into things. In the meantime, my poker luck was holding and I had accumulated a further 900 dollars, of which 500 was required (by me) to go back to my visa. Are you detecting a sorry ending to this cos you'd be right. I had 500 dollars unused in my gg account - to be returned to my VISA- duly lost the other 400 - fair enough - and made a further withdrawal request for the 500 back to my VISA. At pretty much the same time as I did this request I got a longer, even more robotic/scripted note, written in a formal but bad version of English, telling me basically to fuck off and use a different deposit/withdrawal account. Of course my immediate response to this was to pull my 500 straight back into my poker account, and in a glorious but ultimately self-defeating blaze of glory, to donate that back to the poker world also.
                                                                      You'll guess from the passive/aggressive nature of all of the above, that I am fucking furious and feel really badly treated. It appears that I can put as much money as I like into my gg online poker account, just don't ever try and withdraw any of it.
                                                                      Sorry this is such a long post and I hope I don't come across as moaning (of course you do, sez the assembled masses!), but there seems to be some kind if bind in the above that doesn't make sense. I would have thought, if money could be deposited from a standard VISA card, it could just as easily be refunded to it...
                                                                      Maybe it's me, I dunno. But there's a total of 1, 150 dollars that might have resided in my VISA account that I ended up donking away cos I could find no way to release it. The money doesn't matter, but I feel as if I've been royally fucked over... By someone
                                                                      ​​​​​​.. GG? The bank? I dunno But I' m fuckin sorry I bothered me arse with the whole online thing once again. Ionapaul may be interested given his gg connection...
                                                                      ​​​ Apologies for any typos or discrepancies in the above, but you get my point. I think I have 10 dollars left in my gg account which will go you know where...
                                                                      AIB don't accept OCT (Original Credit Transactions) on their debit and credit cards... So case to answer there. But surely GG would have an alt withdrawal method?
                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Spurs may stay in just to get the trophy.

Comment

Heh

Comment

Verdict in in the Chauvin trial. Not sure if 10 hours deliberating means anything more than the attention span of most people not being what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                              Verdict in in the Chauvin trial. Not sure if 10 hours deliberating means anything more than the attention span of most people not being what it used to be.
                                                                              Sadly overshadowed by the football pantomine where a collection of hideous organisations and individuals see their carefully laid plans collapse in a humiliating fashion.

I think I may have OD'd on the schadenfreude.

Comment

This guy has also written a good article on the contempt in which these clubs hold their 'fans'. AKA 'suckers'.

Comment

Guilty on all 3.

Comment

Guilty on all counts.

Comment

Guilty
                                                                                      Guilty
                                                                                      Guilty

Unanimous * 3.

Comment

It's gas that no one is in favour of the Super League but everyone will spend their limited time and money watching a franchise with a monopoly on the worlds best players and won't give a second glance to the struggles of mediocre English teams anymore.

Comment

Hey - I'm really sorry to hear you had this trouble. Now firstly I don't work in payments so can't 100% stand over what I'm about to write, BUT yes, GGPoker does have many different ways of withdrawing, but in a case where your preferred method of withdrawal isn't working (which is the credit card/bank's fault, not GG, for whatever that is worth - very little in most circumstances!), we simply have to ask a player to make another deposit using their next preferred withdrawal method, before that method can be used. This is down to anti-money laundering/financing of terror requirements (not a joke! bear with me), we need to be 100% sure that the money is going out to a genuine account associated with the player, rather than to some random account that could be literally anyone. Typically any withdrawal needs to go back to the last deposit method used. It sucks but that's how we and all other egaming outfits operate at present.

Sounds like you weren't helped very much by whomever responded to you from our support/payments team and I apologise for that. If you fancy playing a bit at GG without having to deposit again, send me a PM with your nickname and I'll send some freebies your way. If you win anything, you'll still have to deposit using a new payment method in order to be able to withdraw to that method again though, I can't help with that requirement unfortunately!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            It's gas that no one is in favour of the Super League but everyone will spend their limited time and money watching a franchise with a monopoly on the worlds best players and won't give a second glance to the struggles of mediocre English teams anymore.

need to ban Strew and Raodroool posting about football, it’s cringe.

Comment

It was the nature of the competition. There has to be winners and losers . They sold it completely wrong.

Comment

BREXIT from the Super League . Will it be a hard Brexit? Perez will not be happy.

Comment

Well i spent my limited time and limited money (a fiver) watching Sligo Rovers go top of the league tonight after winning 3-1 away to the Bohemians

17 yr old Sligo lad who scored his first goal last week, flicks on for 18 yr old Mayo lad to score his first goal this
                                                                                                  PMA

Comment

lot to catch up on today...

but to start, new house shit taking up a lot of my time.
                                                                                                    Explain to me why I wouldn't just go for the cheapest option here?
                                                                                                    https://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/home/our-plans

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

I'd have expected you to see the gargantuan hypocrisy underlying the reaction of soccer fans to this.

Comment

That's a pretty crazy course requirement.
                                                                                                        The 12(13) Rules are for vendors not for DBAs really
                                                                                                        As per usual RedGate do a pretty plain breakdown of them
                                                                                                        https://www.red-gate.com/simple-talk...-twelve-rules/

From my own experience, I don't think professionally I've ever really had to consider them as most vendor houses do it out of the box.

I need to prove my sql database fits the rules using queries etc
                                                                                                        This requirement strikes me that either yourself or the cowboy leading this course have mixed up RM with RDBMS

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Not sure if this will help but I had this very issue with my 1st withdrawal from GG a couple of weeks ago also to AIB Visa, all I done was switch from dollar to euro in the cashier and funds hit my bank account in a couple of days, done the same thing only last weekend and no problem either.
                                                                                                          Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

That's a pretty crazy course requirement.
                                                                                                            The 12(13) Rules are for vendors not for DBAs really
                                                                                                            As per usual RedGate do a pretty plain breakdown of them
                                                                                                            https://www.red-gate.com/simple-talk...-twelve-rules/

From my own experience, I don't think professionally I've ever really had to consider them as most vendor houses do it out of the box.

This requirement strikes me that either yourself or the cowboy leading this course have mixed up RM with RDBMS
                                                                                                            Crazy? Half the class didn't know what SQL was 3 months ago and they get this landed on them as part of the project

Words will be had!

Cheers!
                                                                                                            Last edited by Elshambles; 20-04-21, 23:04.
                                                                                                            PMA

Comment

I've been saying for a long time - soccer disappeared up its own arse decades ago. This was just the logical next step.

The fans will be cheering on their teams this weekend, fondly imagining that their abusive relationship has been mended.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

Thejournal.ie comment section level, I'm expecting a reference to Mehole Martin
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post

Not sure if this will help but I had this very issue with my 1st withdrawal from GG a couple of weeks ago also to AIB Visa, all I done was switch from dollar to euro in the cashier and funds hit my bank account in a couple of days, done the same thing only last weekend and no problem either.
                                                                                                                  Jaysis - really? I actually tried to change my withdrawal currency in the cashier from dollars to euro but it just defaulted to dollars again? Any particular method you used to look for euros?
                                                                                                                  Maybe if I used euros as my playing currency rather than dollars? Thanks you very much for that very helpful info.

Ionapaul - I really appreciate your gentlemanly response, I wasn't intending to get at you in any way, but was hoping you would notice my post and acknowledge it - which you did. You are a decent dude. Given that I feel I might have "cracked" some of the lower-level cash games on GG (lol - the eternal delusions of the occasional poker player !!!) I would love to go back into the fray again, but I really cant face the thoughts of setting up a Skrill (dafuck?) or Neteller or some other new type of account - I'm too old and set in me ways to be at that! I know, I know...but anyway.

Do you think Ionapaul if I just lodged some more money and stipulate I want to play in eur rather than dollars, that might do the trick re refunding winnings straight back to my VISA? Seems to have worked for wicklowp above? If I thought that would work I'd get right back at it. Maybe you could ask someone there for me?

I do accept that there are rules of conduct which apply to everyone and I just didnt realise that refund thing was one of them, but there you go. Its very kind of you to offer me some freebies but to be honest, say if I won with them? How would I get me lll-gotten gains ? For what its worth I really enjoyed the site, its easy to play and nice little surprise extras like sometimes getting a few bob for hitting a flush etc, so I really wouldnt need much encouragement to jump back in...
                                                                                                                  I actually came on here this morning to delete my post from last night, which was aided by a few drinkies (I betcha no-one guessed - ahem !!!) but am delighted to see the kind and supportive comments from people - makes me feel slightly less of an idiot, thanks all.

OK, if I could be reassured that the "wicklow way" works, I'd be straight back at it, if I could get some more reassurance on that. Once again, thanks to all...

Comment

I've been saying for a long time - soccer disappeared up its own arse decades ago. This was just the logical next step.

The fans will be cheering on their teams this weekend, fondly imagining that their abusive relationship has been mended.
                                                                                                                    As long as fans support and enjoy the game/rivalries well then it’s going to remain the biggest sport in the world. It’s growing every year and with the growth in the wimmins game , it will remain the biggest and possibly the fastest growing sport in the next few years.
                                                                                                                    When you say disappeared up it’s own arse. I can’t think of a sport that has not done similar. The Olympic games itself needs a new sport -> dodging/passing the juice test. The Champions League games are massively entertaining , though it does require some tweeks to eliminate the nothing matches. In footballs favour it seems drugs doesn’t seem to be a big issue.

In itself football is a great game. I for one don’t feel abused by the accounting practices. I’d spend more on an overpriced meal in Dublin than I would to attend a PL game (although it’s been a while for both) . To it’s credit Football stood up to the ultimate slap in the face, the hand picking of favoured clubs to play in a league with no consequences for defeat other than the outrage of fans. I bet you guys will continue to watch it as it plays out from within it’s own bowels.
                                                                                                                    Maybe give it credit this week for at least drawing a line against the ultimate corporate greed .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

As long as fans support and enjoy the game/rivalries well then it’s going to remain the biggest sport in the world.
                                                                                                                      It is interesting that soccer particularly in England, can still command the level of passion seen in the last couple of days amongst fans when there is no hint of any similar passion amongst those running the clubs or playing on the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        lot to catch up on today...

but to start, new house shit taking up a lot of my time.
                                                                                                                        Explain to me why I wouldn't just go for the cheapest option here?
                                                                                                                        https://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/home/our-plans
                                                                                                                        I'm not crazy right? It's a no brainer to go with the first one?

In other house related quandries, Shark Vs Dyson?

Shark seems to be just as good for half the price

Comment

Rahenyrhythm I'm trying to follow up internally on this for you, no promises because I'm just not working in that side of the business, but I'm doing my best! Will let you know what I hear back anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X