Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just making the point you can spot the new to the game shoppers.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      Pearse Lyons.

You made me double check mine, got an email the other day to say there was a delay in processing but that it would be refunded I'm hoping "Please rest assured your refund request is currently in the queue and will be processed. If you have selected new travel dates and would prefer to move your booking, please contact us"
      Got the updated email offering a voucher but don't see any info on the website to request the full refund?

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
      Very good, not a patch on the original though. The guy who plays Pablo in the original is fantastic.

I started the new season of Money Heist but I lost interest there, tbh I can't quite understand why it's so incredibly popular.

I missed season 5 of Peaky Blinders on BBC but it's out on Netflix this week so I'll watch that.

Also working my way through the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam, excellent watch.

Now I see where my time has gone.
      The Ken Burns documentary is very hard viewing at times but it was really interesting, there is also another documentary called The Last Days in Vietnam that I found excellent.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

May Crude Oil trading a $1 a barrel in the US. Some Candian crude is trading negative.

What a time to be alive.
        Last edited by Denny Crane; 20-04-20, 17:53.

Comment

Posting this from my top secret hideout, aka a hollow in the sand dunes on Bull Island. Been a good 15 minutes since this round of Hide and Seek commenced.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can’t open the notifications page for when you have a message. Error coming up

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
              Since the first kid arrived here I've done almost every big shop, sometimes the wife has come along, usually the first kid, sometimes both after the recentish arrival. Since mid March though I've done 100% of the shopping alone.
              I do too and takes me half the time . Military precision . I'm the formula 1 of trolley maneuvers. Do you do the 6 bag carry into the house Takes ages for the blood to get
              Back into the fingers but the alone time is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                May Crude Oil trading a $1 a barrel in the US. Some Candian crude is trading negative.

What a time to be alive.
                already under a dollar in some parts at the pump, will it keep dropping or minimum pricing brought in? Thats the question being brought up now.

The texas railroad commision(second most important person in office here after the lieutenant governor) had a big meeting last week. shale companies looking for them to impose caps on oil production, oil companies looking to cap the gas frackers. It went on for 10 hours apparently the issue is that caps havent been imposed for 50 years and no one around knows how to do it properly as zero experience with it and those that do are all dead.

The permian basin(friday night lights area) produces around 20% of USA oil, not sure on the gas numbers but fairly high up there too i'd say.

Comment

What a time to be alive.
                  If you got a contract @ $1 a barrell, what other costs are due? Transport / Delivery?

Comment

What a time to be alive.
                    That's class. I'll give you three cans of Bavaria for your barrel of oil and you're getting a bargain.

Comment

Neagtive now.

-$2 a barrell...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                        I do too and takes me half the time . Military precision .
                        I only realised recently that for years I've been making a game out of shopping. My favourite route involves choosing items in order of ascending weight. Though I also like to do it in ascending volume. Of course, depending on my mood I sometimes do those in reverse order. I've tried going in alphabetical order, though I've never completed a full shop in that way.

Am reluctantly reverting to a more orthodox regime in the interests of safety, until we have a vaccine.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

What does that mean exactly? Will I get free fuel for the plane?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                              No idea what an SSD is. Hardware or software? easy to install?

Hardware, in effect, it's a different type of hard drive. Youd need someone to have it installed in the laptop.

It would make a vast improvement though. It probably depends if the laptop is worth upgrading.

Comment

I do all the shopping too. My missus is a disaster at it, comes home with shit strewn across all bags. Just lashes it all into whatever bag she has in her hand at the till or packing area.

You have to pack a bag based on where the shit ends up. You don't pack fucking tins of beans with frozen peas ffs.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  If you got a contract @ $1 a barrell, what other costs are due? Transport / Delivery?
                                  It's not so much the costs, it's that it's probably not possible to store anywhere

Settled $-37.63.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    Posting this from my top secret hideout, aka a hollow in the sand dunes on Bull Island. Been a good 15 minutes since this round of Hide and Seek commenced.
                                    hmmm ?

Best Beaches & Strands in Dublin - Dollymount Strand, Sandymount Strand, Bull Island, Portmarnock Beach, Howth

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Well your pricing will be based on Brent - still about $25 a barrel or so. This is West Texas Intermediate (WTI) pricing, so just local US pricing. International oil is normally priced based on Brent. It'll still be a lot cheaper than last year though!
                                      Hopefully back down around €2 a litre in a lot of places so. Can get it for about €1.60 in NI and €1.20 in the Channel Islands.

Comment

By the way I used the rest of that bread dough today and left it in the oven for about an extra 2 minutes and it was honestly as good a bread as I've ever had. Recommend anyone to give it a try as it's mostly just waiting, rather than overly technical.

Comment

Today I've heard and seen my first cuckoo, seen the first swallow, eaten the first asparagus from the garden and now the final of University Challenge, spring is in the air.

The UC Final will probably be disappointing, the anticipation of a Brandon v Wang showdown has been building all season comes in the final, if both of them perform to their best it will be Roy of the Rovers stuff with no questions going unanswered.
                                          Unlikely that Brandon will be beaten, maybe Wang's Corpus can put him off his near perfect game with their habit of taking a huge amount of time over every bonus they don't know only to eventually work out the correct answer.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            Laptops:
                                            The new Ryzen CPUs for mobile are hilariously good. Low power, great battery, small profile, integrated graphics which are actually class, single thread performance > Intel, 2x cores that Intels CPUs have as standard etc...

Actually Night and Day.

Sign up for Private Internet Access VPN at https://lmg.gg/pialinus2Thanks to Thermal Grizzly for sponsoring today's episode! Buy Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut...

Driven by innovation & committed to quality, ASUS has a wide selection of best in class products. Find & buy a laptop, phone, router, monitor, motherboard & more

(though will possibly look @ getting the cpu model above this - referenced in the nerdy video)
                                            Bought a new laptop last week, was a great deal on HUKD (the laptop plus a very nice smartwatch for £550) so had to go for it: https://www.gsmarena.com/honor_magic...news-42644.php

Hopefully the Ryzen CPU in the laptop is half decent, if not up to the standards in referenced in that video! The laptop seems very premium so far. PSV, please pray for my soul - still using multiple Google Homes sending information to the US, and now a Chinese laptop sending information the other way!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                By the way I used the rest of that bread dough today and left it in the oven for about an extra 2 minutes and it was honestly as good a bread as I've ever had. Recommend anyone to give it a try as it's mostly just waiting, rather than overly technical.
                                                recipe and instructions please

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  recipe and instructions please
                                                  He posted it a little while ago, definitely going to try it, looks awesome.

Chef Patrick Ryan is back with a new masterclass – Classic baguettes! This recipe takes up to 3 days to make, which might seem a little bit crazy, but we promise you the results are worth it. As I have said before, the secret to great bread is time. The longer you can ferment a […]

Comment

Anyone who fancies listening to some good good music. The legend that is Giles Peterson has started a series digging through his favorites of different genres. Every Thursday. First up is Brit Funk.

Stuck in Brownswood Basement with over 50,000 records in his collection, Gilles Peterson uses his time in lockdown to explore deep into the crates and round up 'The 20' favourite songs across the WWFM's most celebrated genres. ⁠ ⁠ The 20 starts on Thursday, at 9am BST with Brit Funk and each Thursday will visit a different musical style from broken beat, to Brazilian jazz​, disco and many more. Tune in. Tracklist: https://worldwidefm.net/show/gilles-peterson-the-20-brit-funk/

Looking forward to the rest
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                      https://statmodeling.stat.columbia.e...us-prevalence/

More informed and expert criticism of the Stanford antibody study and model

Tl; dr: the study posted by Apache and picked up and covered widely in the media is garbage.
                                                      In fairness, I did mention the words bogus and biased in my post about the study. It seems Germany are the nation most advanced in answering the antibody question.

Comment

Is there another one?
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Today I've heard and seen my first cuckoo, seen the first swallow, eaten the first asparagus from the garden and now the final of University Challenge, spring is in the air.

The UC Final will probably be disappointing, the anticipation of a Brandon v Wang showdown has been building all season comes in the final, if both of them perform to their best it will be Roy of the Rovers stuff with no questions going unanswered.
                                                            Unlikely that Brandon will be beaten, maybe Wang's Corpus can put him off his near perfect game with their habit of taking a huge amount of time over every bonus they don't know only to eventually work out the correct answer.
                                                            Jaysus that Brandon lad is some wart

Comment

Is there another one?
                                                              That one is called North Bull Island on maps. Open to correction but I'd assume this suggests there probably is another one.

Comment

Bull doggin

Comment

For reference, these are today's. 18 mins on the left, 20 in the middle, 22 on the right. 22 was maybe too crispy. Made an absolute mess of shaping them today...not sure why.

Comment

Haha, what a question..

Comment

I'm 10 minutes into UC, this is like NZ v Vietnam at rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        I'm 10 minutes into UC, this is like NZ v Vietnam at rugby.
                                                                        That imperial team are on a different level, Corpus would have won that game by 50 against any other team in the series and probably from any recent series.

Only one starter question went unanswered in the entire hgame.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                          You would think the documentary AlphaGo is about the rise of the machines, when in actual fact it is about some of the best human qualities. Genius, collaboration, joy, empathy, innovation, redemption, wonder and fight. Beautiful film.
                                                                          Lovely! Really enjoyed this tonight, thanks.
                                                                          I just got done watching it a little earlier. Extremely enjoyable watch. Incredible the game has such popularity in that part of the world. It really makes you want to give learning it a GO. Anyone here played it much at all?

Interesting POD with the creator.

David Silver leads the reinforcement learning research group at DeepMind and was lead researcher on AlphaGo, AlphaZero and co-lead on AlphaStar, and MuZero a...

Opr
                                                                          Last edited by Opr; 20-04-20, 20:13.

Comment

Comment

Just noticed Michael Lowry on the news has suddenly appeared to become very old and is even using a Nokia dumb phone

Edit: shocked to find he's only 67 would easily pass for over 80 looking at him today!

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 20-04-20, 20:35.

Comment

So between my joke at Raoul Duke III falling flat when he posts "spending 15 in his top secret dunes hideout at Dublin no 1 dogging spot & the disaster of my last quiz question. Ive found the Inspiration for another quiz question.

Name the 6 golf courses of Ireland that have the royal prefix.

Comment

...

Comment

My kid starting playing last September in school. By January she was playing in a local club also, a few competitions and a winter vacation school for the two weeks 9-5. It's madly addictive - all her friends were the same.
                                                                                    Yeah, I remember reading a few posts around the time about the camp I can see how it could be massively beneficial for kids just judging from the way they talk about it in that documentary, in that it seems to encourage a level of abstract thinking that is missed in much of formal education.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                        Hardware, in effect, it's a different type of hard drive. Youd need someone to have it installed in the laptop.

It would make a vast improvement though. It probably depends if the laptop is worth upgrading.
                                                                                        SSD is solid state drive - a normal hard drive is mechanical and has to spin to the position of your data. SSD goes direct electronically so hence the speed. effectively a superbig thumb / USD drive. also more reliable since no moving parts.

the nerd in me had to clarify

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                          So between my joke at Raoul Duke III falling flat when he posts "spending 15 in his top secret dunes hideout at Dublin no 1 dogging spot & the disaster of my last quiz question. Ive found the Inspiration for another quiz question.

Name the 6 golf courses of Ireland that have the royal prefix.
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          Royal port rush
                                                                                          Royal Co Down
                                                                                          Royal curragh
                                                                                          Royal portmarnock?
                                                                                          Stumped

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                            I've been noticing during this lockdown period that more couples are doing their shopping together. In other words its not just the gf/wife alone, now a swell of men are now coming along out of boredom. You know mainly by the straggling walk. And you know the domestic abuse pairs when leaving the shops the woman is carrying the shopping bags while yer man carries a magazine.

Some of them are even taking to bring their infant child for a walk in the pram alone. Saw one attentive father the other day all dressed up in his best shell suit and runners with a big headset on pushing the enclosed pram!. Always staying entertained, the baby be grand.
                                                                                            Missus does the shopping here and I wouldnt dream of accompanying her. She has it down to military style precision now. In, out, job done. We've even had to start doing our next door neighbours weekly shop along with our own and she has it all separated and packed perfectly. Do get your point about lads going with their partners, I always lol at the ones I know dont want to be there after I drop her off and head on to do my off licence stock up.

Comment

Starlink visible now.
                                                                                              Very cool if you are into that kind of thing
                                                                                              🛰️ Find out how to see satellites in the night sky, no telescope required.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Post more of that guy Hitch!
                                                                                                He has a youtube channel, ticked off vic.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                    Missus does the shopping here and I wouldnt dream of accompanying her. She has it down to military style precision now. In, out, job done. We've even had to start doing our next door neighbours weekly shop along with our own and she has it all separated and packed perfectly. Do get your point about lads going with their partners, I always lol at the ones I know dont want to be there after I drop her off and head on to do my off licence stock up.
                                                                                                    Do you notice whether your missus packs all fridge and freezer items in one bag, all fruit and veg in one bag, all dry goods in another, all detergenty stuff in another while you scratch your arse watching like you did when your m8 built the fence you took credit for?

Because if she doesn't she's not premier league.

Comment

I do nearly all the shopping in my house.
                                                                                                      That section in the supermarket where they sell bags of chia seeds for 9 euro and organic rice cakes for whatever is there to punish men who let their wives do the shopping

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        Starlink visible now.
                                                                                                        Very cool if you are into that kind of thing
                                                                                                        https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/
                                                                                                        Says it's gonna go by us at 9:36pm tomorrow night and then again at 9:45pm. What's that about?

Comment

Beer wanker report
                                                                                                          Been sipping some lough gill brewery stuff, set up by the guy who left white hag because it was too commercial man.
                                                                                                          Nice stuff

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                                            Royal port rush
                                                                                                            Royal Co Down
                                                                                                            Royal curragh
                                                                                                            Royal portmarnock?
                                                                                                            Stumped
                                                                                                            Portmarnock no but there is one in Dublin. Another is the oldest golf club in the country seemingly, and one doesn't get the royal prefix from the British monarchy.

Edit, sorry you got the oldest course in Ireland.
                                                                                                            Last edited by nicnicnic; 20-04-20, 21:31.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Royal port rush
                                                                                                              Royal Co Down
                                                                                                              Royal curragh
                                                                                                              Royal portmarnock?
                                                                                                              Stumped
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              The only one I'd have known is Royal Dublin. Not sure if you were leaving it out for lols especially as it's on Bull Island

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                                                Portmarnock no but there is one in Dublin. Another is the oldest golf club in the country seemingly, and one doesn't get the royal prefix from the British monarchy.
                                                                                                                Ah yeah Royal county dublin , portmarnock the one with no women allowed right?
                                                                                                                For some reason I have baltray in my head for other one, but also Kerry, maybe Killarney?

Comment

Comment

I do nearly all the shopping in my house.
                                                                                                                    That section in the supermarket where they sell bags of chia seeds for 9 euro and organic rice cakes for whatever is there to punish men who let their wives do the shopping
                                                                                                                    Ha, it's the opposite in my gaff. Came home today to the same response as always, 'WTF did you spend all that on, gimme a look at the receipt............... why are you buying €5 eggs you prick? Go to Aldi will you ffs'

Always have a battle on my hands to let me go to Supervalu where the good beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      The only one I'd have known is Royal Dublin. Not sure if you were leaving it out for lols especially as it's on Bull Island
                                                                                                                      I always think portmarnock and royal co dublin are one and the same, they are really close to each other though, right?

Comment

Genuinely can't see what you are saving by such ritualistic packing Laz. You have to plonk all the bags in your kitchen anyway, and it's easy enough to put them into the correct cupboard/fridge from there.
                                                                                                                        There may be a handful of extra steps involved, but the time lost here will balance out the time you wasted in the shop.
                                                                                                                        Anyway balanced weight of each bag is more important than having similar items together.

Also I assume you know you shouldn't pack your bananas with other fruit if possible.

Comment

I always think portmarnock and royal co dublin are one and the same, they are really close to each other though, right?
                                                                                                                          I'd say about 10K apart, you wouldn't walk it with a set of clubs on your back.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X