Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Chance Saloon to enter the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp...
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Don't be this guy.....

Enter the IPB Masters Sweep 2021 and avoid major loser status.

Deadline today @ 5pm.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Bloomberg
        The very man
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I've had an independent thought today that might somehow exist on Twitter.. who knows Dobby take look for me.

If you get the vaccine and it limits your chances of catching and spreading the virus and everything returns to near normal.
          What happens to the many many conspiracy nuts who refuse to take it ? What kind of trouble lies ahead ?
          Will we ever return to mass Christmas jumpered drunks calling you pal with their arm around your shoulder in a crowded bar on their 1 night a year drinks session. I hated those random idiots but rather miss them now

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
            Don't be this guy.....

Enter the IPB Masters Sweep 2021 and avoid major loser status.

Deadline today @ 5pm.
            I forgot that. Jaysus . What a miss .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
              I've had an independent thought today that might somehow exist on Twitter.. who knows Dobby take look for me.

If you get the vaccine and it limits your chances of catching and spreading the virus and everything returns to near normal.
              What happens to the many many conspiracy nuts who refuse to take it ? What kind of trouble lies ahead ?
              Will we ever return to mass Christmas jumpered drunks calling you pal with their arm around your shoulder in a crowded bar on their 1 night a year drinks session. I hated those random idiots but rather miss them now
              The Israelis, who are now pretty much reopened, have vaccine 'Green Pass' passports on an app. Swipe to get into bars\clubs\restaurants\gyms etc. No swipe, GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

The very man
                He's only run once, hence I was confused but figured it couldn't really be anyone else.

Comment

He's only run once, hence I was confused but figured it couldn't really be anyone else.
                  Might have appeared in the news section here. Could do with a bit of variety TBF

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news

Comment

The Israelis, who are now pretty much reopened, have vaccine 'Green Pass' passports on an app. Swipe to get into bars\clubs\restaurants\gyms etc. No swipe, GTFO.
                    Will be a nice case study to throw in the face of the anti-everything crowd who will liken “green pass” to nazi Germany “papers please”

As a group they tend not to do irony very well tho.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Will be a nice case study to throw in the face of the anti-everything crowd who will liken “green pass” to nazi Germany “papers please”

They're definitely not the only place doing it but they are furthest down the path. As you would expect, Blue US states are most willing to contemplate it and Red ones see it as the work of the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I've had some friends say that already. I mentioned it will be good to show proof of vaccine when going to the pub or whatever and they said it would be like Nazis asking for papers. If it helps things go back to normal asap, I'm all for it.

Will just have to wave at them outside while I'm enjoying a pint inside.

Comment

You too could own a green blazer like these guys:
                          Solskjaer
                          Shrapnel
                          Eoghan104
                          Hitch
                          TheChamp87
                          LuckforSome
                          Struwwelpeter 1
                          Struwwelpeter 2
                          Coillcam
                          Wombatman

Enter the IPB Masters Sweep 2021. Your gateway to sartorial elegance.

Deadline today @ 5pm. Act now!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            The ol' bank has really changed its tune. Reapplying for mortgage approval as the previous one expired and they're asking about a 25 euro standing order that my other half set up for a savings account for her godson. Last year they asked us nothing and pretty much insta-approved
                            Still going on nearly a month later. Asked for more recent payslips and spotted that I got a salary increase in March. Asked for a new salary cert from work. Also asking about the 2k Euromillions win

Comment

My BBV-germinated NFT career is rising, ummm, like an NFT, and I just got contacted for an interview by an organisation whose boss frequently runs for US president.
                              http://sorare.com/r/deadparrot

just be sure to include the proper footnote
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

work betting pool for masters, choose two from each tier. Who do I go for?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Trippie; 07-04-21, 15:24.

Comment

"Oh WOW! In your LIFE have you ever seen anything like that?!"

Deadline extended to 8pm. Selections will be published then

Enter the IPB Masters Sweep 2021 to guarantee an unforgettable Masters weekend.

Comment

Still going on nearly a month later. Asked for more recent payslips and spotted that I got a salary increase in March. Asked for a new salary cert from work. Also asking about the 2k Euromillions win
                                    Oh ffs. I've got so many holes in my accounts. Are you using a broker? It seems like they are trying to shut you down, which is bizarre as banks are generally super flush with cash to the point they should be shouting it from the roof.

Comment

Actually the broker was saying that he thinks the problem is that all the mortgage lenders are working from home and, due to being isolated, are scared of making mistakes.

Comment

Not going through a broker though that may change when we inevitably have to reapply in 6 months.

I imagine it's down to what you've said about not wanting to make mistakes. We're both working full time and have a very healthy deposit relative to what we're looking to borrow so would have thought we were pretty low risk.

Comment

Last, last chances for the Aintree Tipping Comp.

I suspect Elbows broke many hearts at Cheltenham as the pot is currently a mere €600...

Comment

This is a properly sleazy political tale. Could possibly only happen in the open-air asylum that is Florida.

Comment

IPB 2021 Masters Sweep Runners and Riders posted.

Best of luck all. Enjoy the golf. Come on Shane Lowry.

Comment

A mate of mine opened an account with William Hill. Won a couple of bets for just over a grand. Sent them his ID docs and they closed his account before he could withdraw the money. Plenty of back and forth but they won’t give him the loot. He contacted Ibas who DGAF. Any other way to get it resolved bar solicitors letter.
                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Cracking game between Bayern and PSG. This is the final we had been promised last year.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                    Cracking game between Bayern and PSG. This is the final we had been promised last year.
                                                    The snow hopefully turning the pitch into a skating rink for the second half too.

Vill ze French crumble beneath zis relentless blitzkrieg?

Comment

This is a properly sleazy political tale. Could possibly only happen in the open-air asylum that is Florida.
                                                      Also from Florida:

Comment

I had a right of passage today, something which nearly every bike owner in the city goes through. Had the bike stolen.

I wasn't such a Keane cyclist. Just used it occasionally to get to work. Does anyone use Dublin bikes? They always looked particularly heavy and slow. Might just try and get a second-hand* road bike/racer.

*probably also stolen

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                          A mate of mine opened an account with William Hill. Won a couple of bets for just over a grand. Sent them his ID docs and they closed his account before he could withdraw the money. Plenty of back and forth but they won’t give him the loot. He contacted Ibas who DGAF. Any other way to get it resolved bar solicitors letter.
                                                          I don't think any solicitor would touch it with a bargepole.
                                                          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

He's the heir apparent DC.

Although who the fuck knows what happens over the next three years.

Comment

There must be more to this than the bare facts above.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                I had a right of passage today, something which nearly every bike owner in the city goes through. Had the bike stolen.

I wasn't such a Keane cyclist. Just used it occasionally to get to work. Does anyone use Dublin bikes? They always looked particularly heavy and slow. Might just try and get a second-hand* road bike/racer.

*probably also stolen
                                                                I'd use them about once a month back in the normal times. Like riding a tank compared to a regular bike but they do for short trips.

Comment

There must be more to this than the bare facts above.
                                                                  No bizarrely. My mate has been punting a long time (known him since we were nippers) and not dodgy whatsoever and has been limited by a few but never anything like this.
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

This lads solicitor got a nice payday

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Was he able to speak to anyone in WH?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Ah yeah it’s not much money but didn’t think that could happen.

Comment

Was he able to speak to anyone in WH?
                                                                          Only emails. If anyone knew someone potentially
                                                                          that would help. Told him to DM some heads on Twitter to see.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                            Have pretty much given up watching soccer since covid shut it down. I just realised I didn't actually like it that much. Cant remember the last time I watched a full game apart from last years CL final but this is an absolute cracker. Woeful defending but making for a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

This lads solicitor got a nice payday

Maybe I should have said reputable solicitor. Pretty sure the non laws around betting could at best get you your original deposit back.
                                                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

No bizarrely. My mate has been punting a long time (known him since we were nippers) and not dodgy whatsoever and has been limited by a few but never anything like this.
                                                                                They would have provided an explanation to him or to IBAS regarding the reason for the closure. If they're witholding or confiscating funds, they need to provide a reason.

In terms of other options, there'll be an appropriate regulatory body to contact depending on where he's based. (It's not IBAS). For UK it's the UKGC, for Ireland it'll be wherever WH hold their .EU license

Comment

They would have provided an explanation to him or to IBAS regarding the reason for the closure. If they're witholding or confiscating funds, they need to provide a reason.

In terms of other options, there'll be an appropriate regulatory body to contact depending on where he's based. (It's not IBAS). For UK it's the UKGC, for Ireland it'll be wherever WH hold their .EU license
                                                                                  Cheers

Comment

Funnily enough it happened to me 15 years ago with Ladbrokes. They were stalling letting me withdraw from my account (needed it to buy an engagement ring) sent them all the Id docs about 4 or 5 times. Ended up going into a shop and screaming and shouting what crooks they were and wouldn’t leave without my money. Got the loot, got the ring and the rest is history.

Comment

Not going through a broker though that may change when we inevitably have to reapply in 6 months.

I imagine it's down to what you've said about not wanting to make mistakes. We're both working full time and have a very healthy deposit relative to what we're looking to borrow so would have thought we were pretty low risk.
                                                                                      My impression is a good broker gets down and dirty and tells lenders to cop on and makes your case for you - so provides a balance to the bank risk geeks. That might be a complete fabrication though.

Comment

Wasn't there a case in NI of a girl who just happened to bink a mil or so on a Yankee with 365? how did that one go?

Comment

Wasn't there a case in NI of a girl who just happened to bink a mil or so on a Yankee with 365? how did that one go?
                                                                                          Think "she" got the money

Comment

Westie @ 40s
                                                                                            Bubba @ 75s
                                                                                            Sergio @ 50s
                                                                                            Leish @ 100s
                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Im , Thomas, English, Harman and Hovland for me

Comment

My impression is a good broker gets down and dirty and tells lenders to cop on and makes your case for you - so provides a balance to the bank risk geeks. That might be a complete fabrication though.
                                                                                                Completely untrue
                                                                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Powerful Aggie 4.00 Gowran Park

Comment

SPeith, Berger for me and some final day value hunting should a bottler be on top . Some FRL bets too, basically punts for the fun of it.

PP doing 1/5 of the odds top 10 means that at 500 to 1 Bernhard Langer is not the worst bet in the world for a fiver. Cameron Champ is 200 to 1. Not in great form but that’s a tasty price too

Comment

Those Muons could really be a factor in how the ball behaves in Augusta this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

Completely untrue
                                                                                                        What makes you think that? I've no idea what they actually do.

Comment

Zach Johnson at 225/1. Patriotic duty bet on Lowry at 125/1. My first ever golf bets so I'm expecting both to either be out of contention by tonight or win the bloody thing.

Comment

watched "the last breath" last night. documentary about a saturation dive in the north sea that goes wrong. fascinating and terrifying at the same time. really enjoyed it.

Comment

Any chance he had an account with them previously?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Any chance he had an account with them previously?
                                                                                                                That was my thinking. They must have given some reason for this action.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                  Those Muons could really be a factor in how the ball behaves in Augusta this week.
                                                                                                                  Had to google that.

Muons, eh.

Comment

What makes you think that? I've no idea what they actually do.
                                                                                                                    I have a friend who's a broker, says he's essentially a document collector and storyteller.they try to show you in the best light possible, he tells a story of hard working, frugal clients, up to the lenders to decide whether they want to believe it or not. Him saying "ah come on lads, they are good for it, that was only a few bets around Cheltenham" means nothing if they don't pass the required stress tests and criteria which differ depending on institution. He just knows which are more cautious and what they look for.
                                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

there is ALWAYS more to these stories. I mean always. So there is being some element of the story being omitted somewhere. Happy to assist and give direction on what to do.

Was it a duplicate account, was it in his name, etc?

Comment

I have heard that it was settled for 200k with 100k going to the solicitor, 50k going to the account owner, and the remaining 50k going to the UBO, this their initial deposit was 30k or so. Also known as a 4/6 shot when it all washed out.

Comment

There is no way that betting site shut them down over nothing, basically your mate is not telling you something such as him being limited there before or something. People will swear to anything they've done nothing wrong, they nearly always have.

Seems like a shit settlement for them, when the betting site probably really don't want their T&C's tested in court? Dunno anything about it though. Nice for the solicitor though.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X