Got the appt in Citywest for 12.40
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Got the appt in Citywest for 12.40
      Stuck a tenner on it.

Good luck . It's fairly efficient according to da missus

Comment

You'll be back for King of Kings on BBC2 at 2pm then. Only biblical epic I can see on the main channels, shower of heathens. Used to be wall to wall Cecil B DeMille type films.
        Ben Hur on TCM at lunchtime as well, which sort of counts.

Comment

First Alpe de Howth Head ascent completed. Wasn't as bad as I expected although the north wind up my arse on the way back may have saved me.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Some difference to the experience here.

I'm still waiting on the text. Wife called the doc for a referral at about 10am. The receptionist incorrectly told her she didn't need one, just to rock up. Wife politely argued that she didn't think that was the case and the receptionist, unsure then herself asked her to Google it.

I called back at about 5pm to enquire as to whether the referral was made and they didn't know and couldn't check.

'the GP was very busy today, maybe she' ll get to it after her shift'

No idea now whether the referral was made.

Thankfully I'm not anxious about it but so many people would be.

I suspect that a huge amount of the negative perception of how bad the HSE is (it isn't) is because of how woeful GPs tend to be, and they in turn blame the HSE for their incompetence.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Leinster game against the Toulon cheese-eating surrender monkeys is off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I suspect that a huge amount of the negative perception of how bad the HSE is (it isn't) is because of how woeful GPs tend to be, and they in turn blame the HSE for their incompetence.
                Very good point.

The setup in Citywest was a masterclass in efficiency and service.

Every single member of staff was super friendly too. The two guys doing the actual swab were great at lightening the mood and making me feel comfortable.

Won't lie about being a tad nervous, got the impression they knew that and had the skills to assuage it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  Here's my second release! A short little ditty named after a fantastic gay bar in Mexico City. https://open.spotify.com/track/0bOeG...e22c5b2ece4633
                  That is very nice. Keep up the good work.
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Heard a rumour that Luke Ivory and Parkinson are going to re-open the Aquarium top floor with the demise of The Fitz & Jackpot, not sure how true.
                    Any confirmation of this?
                    Would love a regular €2/€5 or €5/€10 game in town and surely with the Fitz gone there's a gap for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Leinster game against the Toulon cheese-eating surrender monkeys is off.
                      Two weeks in a row Leinster’s opponents haven’t shown up

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Yeah. Another exquisite little track Daragh. Lovely.

Comment

Finding a good GP is a bit like finding a good mechanic. A lot of trial and error, and by the time you find a good one, a lot of avoidable damage has already been done.
                          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Originally posted by BennyHiFi
                            Yeah. Another exquisite little track Daragh. Lovely.
                            Thanks guys! That is very kind and encouraging. There are two more tracks to be released from this EP. I'm actually working on the 2nd ep now, which I'm very excited about. I found a really cool bass player, so I'm going to jack up the BPM and really let loose

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Would love a regular €2/€5 or €5/€10 game in town and surely with the Fitz gone there's a gap for it.
                              It will be interesting to see what happens post covid, there's definitely an opening for a poker club in the city centre. It would be great to see someone ambitious launch something.

Comment

I've found that the GPs are typically good but the people running their surgeries are useless.

Is there any other profession where it's par for the course that you make an appointment for X o'clock and are then kept sitting there for an hour? With never a hint of an apology.

Comment

I've found that the GPs are typically good but the people running their surgeries are useless.

Is there any other profession where it's par for the course that you make an appointment for X o'clock and are then kept sitting there for an hour? With never a hint of an apology.
                                  Yep, meant to come on and say the GP in this case is excellent. Front of house not so much.

Comment

Since Covid, I've had two video sessions with GP's. A far better experience.

Comment

Yep, meant to come on and say the GP in this case is excellent. Front of house not so much.
                                      Strangely enough, the receptionist at my GP is brilliant. I've never experienced such competence from any other service provider anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Can only tell you it seems to be a pretty solid rumour. Personally would love it to be back in there as much nicer than any competition as a venue (car partking aside but plenty around if you're prepared to pay a tenner while punting 4 figures )

Comment

Leona Maguire doing well in the ANA LPGA major champ today. Tied for lead. She looks solid.
                                          "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

Comment

Well a magical moment at home . The birth of a chick.in my hands .

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              Leona Maguire doing well in the ANA LPGA major champ today. Tied for lead. She looks solid.
                                              BBV curse as strong as ever.
                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Test results yet Lazare?
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ex-19QzWgAsDNP5?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

I had to get bloods done during the week, routine stuff as thankfully hadn't needed to go to a GP in a few years. Appointment booked for 8:45am. Nurse does all the bloods so I turned up on time, checked in at reception and asked to sit down.

There was never more than 3 people in the reception at any one time but every person that came in got called in by the nurse before me. After 35 minutes, I was getting fed up but didn't want to be a dick as know they are under pressure with restrictions etc so very politely asked if I was due to be seen soon. They had completely forgot that I was there. I was sitting right in front of the reception desk where you couldn't not see me. Apparently, she clicked the button on the computer but it didn't work. Just so meh about it.

The receptionists in general are like guard dogs that you have to get past to get to a doctor, they completely run the show.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                      Test results yet Lazare?
                                                      Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.

Comment

Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.
                                                        You are fit and healthy guessing you will be fine. Not a doctor I’d a test last week had aches pains bad sinus runny nose was negative the thoughts of isolating for 10 days had me sideways more so then potential side effects of a virus flu that mostly affects old sick people.

Comment

Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.
                                                          Jasus...stay safe dude.

Be interesting to see are they going back 7 days to contact trace.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.
                                                            This is where all that running pays off, you will be grand.

Comment

brianmc; is this just micro-level bio diversity in action? There is a lot of bees out and about in the garden today. In the tree with the blossoms, they are smaller and look more honeybees whereas in the heather directly below, they are much bigger and look like bumble bees. Is this normal or have I happened upon a breakthrough discovery?

20210403_111940a.jpg

Comment

Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.
                                                                you'll be grand bud. You spent the year preparing your body for this.
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.
                                                                  If you need shopping or anything done, I'm not working so can do it any time, drop the stuff at the door for you and leave, you have my number.

Any idea where you picked it up? I'm sure you'll be grand anyway and hopefully nothing more than a bad cold for you.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

If you need shopping or anything done, I'm not working so can do it any time, drop the stuff at the door for you and leave, you have my number.

Any idea where you picked it up? I'm sure you'll be grand anyway and hopefully nothing more than a bad cold for you.
                                                                    Cheers man, that's very kind of you.
                                                                    Thanks everyone else too.

Have no idea really where I picked it up. Best guess is one of the kids silently bringing it home from school.

I had only one close contact to give the HSE. Needed a lift somewhere on Tue. We both wore masks with windows open. He's already gone to be tested and is isolating.

They were most concerned about the 48 hours prev to symptoms developing. They asked if I'd been to any shops in the 7 days previous.

Kinda knew going to bed last night tbh. Felt really strange, woozy. Vertigo type feeling. I had read that was a symptom. Was also discounting it as psychosomatic too. Felt nauseous also.

​​​​​​Feel mostly ok now. A little breathless going up the stairs. Had a pack of salt and vinegar Tayto and they tasted really strange. Took me ages to pinpoint what the real familiar taste and smell was.

They tasted like my Ventolin asthma inhaler I used as a kid. Found that quite odd.

Comment

Had seasonal asthma as a kid btw, came on alongside hay fever in years when the pollen counts were through the roof.

Haven't had it in 30 years.

Comment

You'll be grand, get the tablet/laptop set for netflix or get some of your to-be-read books into a box and get a week or two off the parenting.

Just stay away from others. Introverts dream to get the positive test.

Comment

That Wasps-Clermont game was great.

As ever, if Leinster don't win the HC, I want Clermont to do it.

Comment

Dont worry Conor , probably through the worst of it. Its fatties like me that are in danger. Sounded like you had it all right .
                                                                            New strain very contagious . Need me vaccine as it's a matter of time before ...

Comment

Xmas 2019 I was floored for 10 days with the worst flu I've ever had.

Covid now at Easter.

May have to rethink this god stuff.

Comment

Covid now at Easter.

Like Jaysis himself, you will rise on the third day.

Comment

Covid now at Easter.

It will stand to you if you don't have meat on Fridays. The good thing is the wife should have more appreciation for you coming out of this as she knows your not immortal. Might even be a bit more forthcoming i certain ways.

Hows the folks doing in retirement over in Spain btw, well I hope?.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

It will stand to you if you don't have meat on Fridays. The good thing is the wife should have more appreciation for you coming out of this as she knows your not immortal. Might even be a bit more forthcoming i certain ways.

Hows the folks doing in retirement over in Spain btw, well I hope?.

They're doing ok Aidan, fair play for enquiring. They're actually home though, living with my sister in Carlow now.

Struggling a lot with the whole thing really. They haven't seen my kids in months.

Me poor oul fella was on the phone a couple of weeks ago very upset. Mentioned how tough it is on people like them who feel the clock is ticking.

Getting his first jab tomorrow though, so an end in sight somewhat.

Comment

Covid now at Easter.

You'll be grand. Kev always kept you in his prayers at mass on a Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                        You'll be grand. Kev always kept you in his prayers at mass on a Sunday.
                                                                                        I offered up some prayers to the protestant god on his behalf too.

Comment

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0403/12...ts-quarantine/

Boob jobs, nobody to look after the kids Your Honour.

Comment

He also said his clients, who had travelled to Dubai for breast enhancements, were not aware of the regulations before they travelled.
                                                                                            Ha. Always remember not being aware of a law being Kayroo's favourite defence argument. Not

Comment

I think the term Tits up springs to mind
                                                                                              hopefully the kids will continue to look after each other even though they are away from the bosums of their mothers

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

I think the term Tits up springs to mind
                                                                                                hopefully the kids will continue to look after each other even though they are away from the bosums of their mothers

Surely they'll now always be much closer to their mothers bosums?

Comment

I love the way Dickie Johnson went out on not a winner(finishing 3rd). Particularly not on a sappy Grade1 festival winner. fack that. Dickie went out better than any other jockey in recent times. You either just go out as Dickie did or you name your last day and dont be Hollywooding it up going out on a festival winner.

Comment

Saw some clips of Regina Dohertys performance on The Tonight Show. Not suprised with the shite she came out with. Surely someone in FG has to say, well maybe she shouldn't make TV appearances.
                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                      Saw some clips of Regina Dohertys performance on The Tonight Show. Not suprised with the shite she came out with. Surely someone in FG has to say, well maybe she shouldn't make TV appearances.

Comment

Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.
                                                                                                        How you feel better soon.
                                                                                                        Get in loads of fluids..it helps

Also thanks to all for the acknowledgements recently...youre not the worst bunch to be fair

Comment

She's not wrong, certainly waved a red flag at the wrap the green flag round me gobshites

There was some absolute moron Shinner Wheelie Bin on the radio yesterday and argued
                                                                                                          a/ that everyone coming into the country should do 14 days hotel quarantine
                                                                                                          b/ but we couldn't even consider closing the NI border
                                                                                                          c/ she wanted an exception made to let someone in from Dubai for a funeral on compassionate grounds

You couldn't make up that level of dumbfuckery
                                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-04-21, 19:46.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

GL Conor, hopefully you'll be back pounding the roads in a few weeks
                                                                                                            ]

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              She's not wrong, certainly waved a red flag at the wrap the green flag round me gobshites
                                                                                                              She was the deputy director of FGs Seanad abolition campaign. Shes never been right on anything..ever.

Comment

Saw a Swallow today feels like a few weeks earlier than I'd usually see them, if the weather forecast for Monday is correct he'll be turning around and heading south again.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  Saw a Swallow today feels like a few weeks earlier than I'd usually see them, if the weather forecast for Monday is correct he'll be turning around and heading south again.
                                                                                                                  Weather is fucked. My little patch of grass needs cutting again, after 2 weeks since the last one. Roses pretty much didn't stop growing at all over winter. Wallflowers I grew from seed this time last year have already flowered.

Comment

Cheers man, that's very kind of you.
                                                                                                                    Thanks everyone else too.

Have no idea really where I picked it up. Best guess is one of the kids silently bringing it home from school.

I had only one close contact to give the HSE. Needed a lift somewhere on Tue. We both wore masks with windows open. He's already gone to be tested and is isolating.

They were most concerned about the 48 hours prev to symptoms developing. They asked if I'd been to any shops in the 7 days previous.

Kinda knew going to bed last night tbh. Felt really strange, woozy. Vertigo type feeling. I had read that was a symptom. Was also discounting it as psychosomatic too. Felt nauseous also.

​​​​​​Feel mostly ok now. A little breathless going up the stairs. Had a pack of salt and vinegar Tayto and they tasted really strange. Took me ages to pinpoint what the real familiar taste and smell was.

They tasted like my Ventolin asthma inhaler I used as a kid. Found that quite odd.
                                                                                                                    fuuuuuck. Thats just really unlucky. Like there seems absolutely zero you could have done to avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

So much of this anti-gov sleek social media stuff seems based on far better budgets than SF should have. They're literally buying themselves into government imo. The social media game is top top, but that costs money, and they are probably paying a fortune on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

She was the deputy director of FGs Seanad abolition campaign. Shes never been right on anything..ever.
                                                                                                                        Except that that seanad should have been abolished.

Comment

Except that that seanad should have been abolished.
                                                                                                                          Totally agree just highlighting the hypocrisy

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X