Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn you strewel, going to be very hard not to splurge a fortune on this site now
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
      I have no problem with the running, cycling (turbo trainer), weights, walking, stretching and even digging in the garden while golf is out.

It's the eating junk bit I struggle with. Must eat a pound of butter a week to start with.

Quick 3km jog at lunchtime yesterday. Pace 5min 40s per km. Avg heart rate 161. Max 185 (shitty Mi Band 3 watch). The auld ticker looks to be struggling.

WFH bin is a disgrace.........

bin.jpg
      Your run will have earned you about 6 fingers of a kitkat for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Nothing immediate, if only I knew someone with a masters in Food Business and Innovation
        with experience in the meat business as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

no i measure height in feet. Six foot etc is such an engrained measurement. But its weight and the use of stones that seems odd.
          I only moved over to kg about 6 years ago, when I got my first digital scales. Before that every analogue set of scales I had had the imperial units printed in a much larger font, that just made them easier to read. Measure height in metric too since about then. Still use inches for clothes sizes usually, and whatever the UK units are for shoe sizes.
          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Did that house ionapaul put up last week appear on home of the year last night, was half watching it and the neon "girls, girls, girls" sign gave me a flashback.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Still not really convinced this is the future

https://www.tesla.com/support/bitcoin?redirect=no

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Damn you strewel, going to be very hard not to splurge a fortune on this site now
                You'd need a proper slicer first I think.
                Hacking at it, while fun, would probably not do it justice
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I have no problem with the running, cycling (turbo trainer), weights, walking, stretching and even digging in the garden while golf is out.

It's the eating junk bit I struggle with. Must eat a pound of butter a week to start with.

Quick 3km jog at lunchtime yesterday. Pace 5min 40s per km. Avg heart rate 161. Max 185 (shitty Mi Band 3 watch). The auld ticker looks to be struggling.

WFH bin is a disgrace.........

bin.jpg
                  You're running too fast bro.

Keep the HR <130 if you want to lose weight.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Still not really convinced this is the future

https://www.tesla.com/support/bitcoin?redirect=no
                    It is the beginning of the future, we are at a basic level of bartering at this stage with it. It won't look like bitcoin in the future but it's a place to start.

Comment

France shutting down schools again, until 26 April. 7pm curfew.

Comment

have a look at their site they will ship and pack with cool bags etc. but DHL overnight costs c.50 .

http://www.marcodoggiono.com/

I was about to send an order in but the odd assortment that arrived today will keep me going for a good while. Next time I'm ordering I'll let you know

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                          Did the WL bet with Sickpuppy - lost the 17lbs target then out it back on again (well 3/4 of it) without any exercise really either way. Back to the grind after Easter.

See HH, pounds not KG's.
                          Are you on an FT this evening? Would I have to download ppp to rail you?

Comment

Are you on an FT this evening? Would I have to download ppp to rail you?
                            Gone in 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                              France shutting down schools again, until 26 April. 7pm curfew.
                              Until May 10th really as two weeks holidays start on 24th April.
                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

have a look at their site they will ship and pack with cool bags etc. but DHL overnight costs c.50 .

http://www.marcodoggiono.com/

I was about to send an order in but the odd assortment that arrived today will keep me going for a good while. Next time I'm ordering I'll let you know

Just made an order, hadn't realised they had gone online.

€25 delivery seems fine, now if it could just arrive in the next 5 mins that would be lovely...

Did you inspire the Linea Celtica?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

You'd need a proper slicer first I think.
                                  Hacking at it, while fun, would probably not do it justice
                                  Strewel played the long game here by first hooking me on the joys of knife sharpening. Then, once suitably tooled up, he reeled me in like the big fish I am with a monster order of Salamini Happy, Salame Gentile Oggiono, Rosa di Bosco, Salame Osteria, Carpaccio, Speck, e Prosciutto Crudo.

You can only admire the artistry of this long con tbf.

Comment

Like an idiot I went and bought Story of Seasons. Five hours last night, just about to get started again. This will be a few months until I wake up in a daze wondering why having the perfect virtual farm was actually so important. Getting the cokes and piss bottles ready!

Comment

The US crushing the vaccines, a mate had to go to the States for a few months, landed maybe two days ago and already has his first dose. Early thirties, no pre existing conditions, just made a booking and turned up, no residency barely a question asked. In and out in a few minutes. Gets the second jab in three weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                        The US crushing the vaccines, a mate had to go to the States for a few months, landed maybe two days ago and already has his first dose. Early thirties, no pre existing conditions, just made a booking and turned up, no residency barely a question asked. In and out in a few minutes. Gets the second jab in three weeks.
                                        Literally crushing 15 million doses
                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The Hitch effect

https://www.independent.ie/business/...-40262974.html

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                            heh

Comment

This is very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                                                This is very cool

Up there with the Shane MacGowan explanation of how songs get written which was paraphrased as:
                                                "it's like being on LSD and you can see all these fragments of amazing lyrics just floating around you in the air and you've just got to grab them and stick them together before some other fucker like Van Morrison gets them"

I think Van rode his girlfriend, now wife, Victoria at one stage which led to the immortal line:

Victoria, you left me for a fat monk singing Gloria

Comment

Lol the team that least needs to break regulations to train doing it anyway- string them up
                                                  https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaeli...-40263682.html
                                                  “PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019

Comment

Nuts how much flak golf caught over golf gate when GAA treated with kid gloves for facilitating a huge amount of superspreader events that everyone could see coming from miles away

Comment

This is very cool

He was indeed a composer. Art Garf struck it lucky there. It’s interesting the influence of Bach . Paul McCartney stated ‘Blackbird’ was inspired by Bach – well the guitar piece that everyone whoever took up a guitar has learned off.
                                                      When you look at the charts these days you can get dismayed at the level of basic competence and what is accepted , however if you look a little closer there are a batch of young instrumentalists who are honing their stuff in college and crossing genres with their interpretations. Example Molly Tuttle went to Berklee (spelling?) and a few of her college mates are all quite accomplished musicians. Her Clawhammer technique is very impressive, so there is hope for those of us who prefer to watch the craft of musicianship. I used to call myself a guitarist but looking at the skills of some of these folk I keep very quiet about it these days. Put you to shame they would.

Tina Tuner documentary last night. Very good. Heard this Bowie Story about her

Eddy, 62, said: “It was in 1985 and they were performing at Birmingham’s NEC on the UK leg of her Private Dancer tour.

“She told me David had already told her many times, ‘I want you’.

“I arrived to see their sound-check on stage and they were teasing each other. Later they went back to the hotel...

“The next morning I went to Tina’s room and she was acting really strangely. She said, ‘Oh my god, David is so naughty’.

“She told me David came on to her and she said, ‘I thought, ‘Oh, we will have a bit of fun’.’ And they did.

“Then Tina started laughing and said, ‘He went to have a shower, then he walks out, stark naked, wearing one of my spare wigs.

Sun
                                                      “He started singing Rolling On The River and was dancing just like me’.

“They had fun. It wasn’t love, it wasn’t an affair, it was just a moment of explosive chemistry. It definitely brought a whole new meaning to ‘Private Dancer’ [Tina’s 1984 hit ].

That night I went with Tina to the NEC for the performance. David appeared at the top of a long flight of stairs on the stage.

Tina turned round with the biggest smile that said, ‘I had an exciting night’. The atmosphere between them was electric.

“On stage he whispered something to her and Tina burst out laughing.

“She later told me he’d said, ‘My c**k is still sore’. He was one of only a few lucky men who won over Tina.”

And! If you check out the YouTube video you can easily lip read Bowie’s comment and Tina’s reaction!

Comment

I think Van rode his girlfriend, now wife, Victoria at one stage which led to the immortal line:

Did anything happen with his legal challenge to the lockdown in NI? Searching is only showing me results from last January, that he was planning to do so.

Comment

Here's my second release! A short little ditty named after a fantastic gay bar in Mexico City. https://open.spotify.com/track/0bOeG...e22c5b2ece4633

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

And! If you check out the YouTube video you can easily lip read Bowie’s comment and Tina’s reaction!
                                                            i'll get that for you...

Comment

i'll get that for you...

Epic sax thrusting in that vid too.

I love little moments like that, not the sax cock shots, the little snippets of collaboration between people at the top of their game.
                                                              Though I am a sucker for a dude humping a sax.
                                                              ​​
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Epic sax thrusting in that vid too.

I love little moments like that, not the sax cock shots, the little snippets of collaboration between people at the top of their game.
                                                                Though I am a sucker for a dude humping a sax.
                                                                ​​

Comment

one of my cousins first ever Facebook status was "OmG! Just saw Van Morrisons wrinkly ball sack as he got out of the hot tub in Lough Erne Resort"
                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Mujid 5.20 Chelmsford

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                      Mujid 5.20 Chelmsford
                                                                      Win the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp and you'll be able to punt these balfejohn good things like there's no tomorrow

Comment

No messing around with the SIL sp! Gear en route

Comment

It's a magical instrument

Comment

Waiting on a call for a Rona test.

In bed most of the day with fever, aches and chills. Massive headache too.

None of the classic symptoms but no harm to rule the Rona out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I woke up yesterday with a wicked sore throat, cough, blocked nose and massive pressure behind eyes.
                                                                              I'm guessing its from digging around in my new attic for forgotten loot but not ruling out I've managed to get rona after a year in a bubble just before we all get the vaccine.
                                                                              I've had something go my way recently, I'm bound to have to pay for it.

Comment

When you say none of the classic symptoms, you mean you have ACTUAL classic symptoms. Ah here I'm confused

Comment

Probably that coleslaw, though worth getting tested anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

When you say none of the classic symptoms, you mean you have ACTUAL classic symptoms. Ah here I'm confused
                                                                                    None of that dry cough throaty stuff.

Comment

GL Laz, you will be grand either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                        Lots of stories of vaccine tourism round these parts.

Whatever about ol Joe being slow, or the fact that this success is the sum of so many parts he has no hand in, they CRUSHED the goal.

Heads up though Charlie, lots of pharmacies round the city doing "waitlists" so you will get a call if some old dear cancels, and so the dose doesn't get wasted.

I've not availed, rather told as many parents of friends as possible but if you need it and are high risk but not up yet by the letter of the guidelines, you can prob get in somewhere.
                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Under 40 niece no underlying condition living in New York got vaccinated yesterday.

I'm feeling very much like DP about having dodged it so long and with the real risk of bringing it to my father I'm almost expecting to get caught y it between now and getting the jab.

So many thick cunce pretending they know better than everyone else and encouraging the selfish cunce to spread it about, losing what little patience I've had for them.

Comment

Under 40 niece no underlying condition living in New York got it yesterday.

I'm feeling very much like DP about having dodged it so long and with the real risk of bringing it to my father I'm almost expecting to get caught y it between now and getting the jab.

So many thick cunce pretending they know better than everyone else and encouraging the selfish cunce to spread it about, losing what little patience I've had for them.
                                                                                            You’re talking about the Dublin men’s GAA team here right? Nuts the amount of cringe fools trying to make excuses for them.

this story that’s getting traction about immigrant doctors not being able to access career development opportunities in HSE is a weird one- there’s a lot of dancing around the obvious- that a certain class in Ireland like their immigrants to stay in McDonald’s and Starbucks not bumping their slightly dim sons and daughters off the ladder

Comment

I woke up yesterday with a wicked sore throat, cough, blocked nose and massive pressure behind eyes.
                                                                                              I'm guessing its from digging around in my new attic for forgotten loot but not ruling out I've managed to get rona after a year in a bubble just before we all get the vaccine.
                                                                                              I've had something go my way recently, I'm bound to have to pay for it.
                                                                                              My money would be 100% on attic rooting around. Dusty attic + rockwool plays hell with the sinuses. You have all the symptoms of sinusitis. If only you had a mask handy
                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

My money would be 100% on attic rooting around. Dusty attic + rockwool plays hell with the sinuses. You have all the symptoms of sinusitis. If only you had a mask handy
                                                                                                Snip.wrong post

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

You’re talking about the Dublin men’s GAA team here right? Nuts the amount of cringe fools trying to make excuses for them.
                                                                                                  Not just them local hurling team were training last week and one of the adults a lad I know to be a full time prick was blatantly organising it.

this story that’s getting traction about immigrant doctors not being able to access career development opportunities in HSE is a weird one- there’s a lot of dancing around the obvious- that a certain class in Ireland like their immigrants to stay in McDonald’s and Starbucks not bumping their slightly dim sons and daughters off the ladder
                                                                                                  That's a shocking story, seems to be explicitly built in to the system.

Comment

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a1a28eb...0-f5b7e3a7e860

Comment

Not that anyone wears actual grown up shoes anymore but...
                                                                                                      https://www.oliversweeney.com/sale

with this sale if you use the code SPCL21 it's buy 1 get 1 free on the reduced lines

Comment

We (all 4 of us as kids are in school) get tested every couple of days. You just rock up to a test centre and pick up test kits (7 in a box) which gives you results in 30 minutes. Very easy, no paperwork, and you just log your result on the NHS website. Very efficient.

Comment

For anyone that can handle more 'rona coverage, the docco just started on BBC2 looks good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Lots of stories of vaccine tourism round these parts.

Whatever about ol Joe being slow, or the fact that this success is the sum of so many parts he has no hand in, they CRUSHED the goal.

Heads up though Charlie, lots of pharmacies round the city doing "waitlists" so you will get a call if some old dear cancels, and so the dose doesn't get wasted.

I've not availed, rather told as many parents of friends as possible but if you need it and are high risk but not up yet by the letter of the guidelines, you can prob get in somewhere.
                                                                                                            Yeah I know of one person whose parent nipped off to Phoenix. I'd assume there have been thousands from Alberta living across the border like they usually do in the winter and it's likely increased recently with the availability of the vaccine down there.

And despite my attempts of running this body into the ground and my family history I am deemed perfectly healthy by the Canadian health care system but will let friends who have elderly parents know.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

We (all 4 of us as kids are in school) get tested every couple of days. You just rock up to a test centre and pick up test kits (7 in a box) which gives you results in 30 minutes. Very easy, no paperwork, and you just log your result on the NHS website. Very efficient.
                                                                                                                Some difference to the experience here.

I'm still waiting on the text. Wife called the doc for a referral at about 10am. The receptionist incorrectly told her she didn't need one, just to rock up. Wife politely argued that she didn't think that was the case and the receptionist, unsure then herself asked her to Google it.

I called back at about 5pm to enquire as to whether the referral was made and they didn't know and couldn't check.

'the GP was very busy today, maybe she' ll get to it after her shift'

No idea now whether the referral was made.

Thankfully I'm not anxious about it but so many people would be.

Last edited by Lazare; 01-04-21, 21:02.

Comment

There are some new walk in testing centres here. Though you have to be within 5km of them, and not have symptoms to use them. https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coron...t-centres.html

When I wanted one, the GPs receptionist made the appointment, and was getting the pcr test 3.5 hours later. Wouldn't be too jealous of Shrap's lateral flow tests, which give more false negatives than film left in the sun

Comment

I'm still waiting on the text. Wife called the doc for a referral at about 10am. The receptionist incorrectly told her she didn't need one, just to rock up. Wife politely argued that she didn't think that was the case and the receptionist, unsure then herself asked her to Google it.

I called back at about 5pm to enquire as to whether the referral was made and they didn't know and couldn't check.

'the GP was very busy today, maybe she' ll get to it after her shift'

No idea now whether the referral was made.

Thankfully I'm not anxious about it but so many people would be.
                                                                                                                    Big walk in test centre Naas racecourse this weekend afaik if ya dont get sorted by then.
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Are the pubs open today for good Friday?

Comment

Are the pubs open today for good Friday?
                                                                                                                        We opened them in 2020 on good Fridsy and God got angry and closed them for a year after that.

Comment

So the Finns get a great kick out of Iceland at Easter time as the word for Easter in Icelandic means shit in Finnish. Shit eggs , shit egg hunts , shit Sunday etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X