This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

When you mentioned this before, I was surprised that the winner didn't get to cook for their friends. Still find it a strange arrangement.
    Food cooked for you as you put your feet up is always better than you spending a day in the kitchen cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Food cooked for you as you put your feet up is always better than you spending a day in the kitchen cooking.
      Well, I think we can agree to disagree.
      Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

I did this. Easy enough to do.
        Nice one elbows. Appreciate that.

Comment

v good effort

Comment

Kids test came back negative as i expected. Me sitting downstairs minding kids all day (as obv couldnt go to school) waiting on text result so i can go out and do a crap load of work/shopping/stuff. Drop up to Mrs working away upstairs complaining that it was over 27 hours now (4.30pm), hope they hurry up etc etc -

"Oh they texted me the result earlier, sorry was busy here"

Me grabbing phone - 10.15 am text. Women

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              "Oh they texted me the result earlier, sorry was busy here"

Me grabbing phone - 10.15 am text. Women
              Mugged you off lad. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Comment

Matchplay a bloodbath with only 1 top seed going through. Only Sergio running for me but glad to have one.
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Mugged you off lad. Nothing to see here. Move on.
                  Its in the book

Comment

Yeah mentioned it the other day. Symbolic of RDIII’s renovations.
                    At this point the official ones are all mass produced anyway so no reason a good replica can’t get close. Obv shitty ones exist too.

I remember one day seeing a dismantled Eames chair on the side of the road near work. Seems to be left there for council pick up when an office was cleared out. I wasn’t sure, but thought it was a genuine one, albeit a few years old. Decided I could put it back together. Came back after lunch with the car and it was gone.
                    Still annoyed about that. I’ve convinced myself that it was real and some sold it for a few thousand when repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                      Matchplay a bloodbath with only 1 top seed going through. Only Sergio running for me but glad to have one.
                      My 2 went by the wayside but fuck me backing the outsiders in doubles and trebles going spectacularly (SP Im drunk) well.

Comment

Lol, who knew the highlight of a shiity day would come at 2.30am. Just finished shipping a €530 ticket to IO PKO tomorrow and having a gin decided to go out for a smoke before bed. Lad in a car throwing IT into next door driveway didnt see me and i said "good morning". Scared the crap outta him and he fell over and smacked mush off neighbours car and alarm went off TGIF

Comment

Not everyone is happy with the development in Cork
                          I could just sense this line was coming

And it feels like we’re still stuck with male-centred design. Big gleaming, phallic elitist structures designed to win architectural awards, ego-driven structures.
                          https://tripeanddrisheen.substack.co...ExcnlA1jtlscj8

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            Anyone going to try and defend The beacon?
                            scum tbh, and thick scum at that
                            i know people who could have got it early on a legit technicality but refused as it wasn’t the right thing to do , there’s plenty out there like that
                            plenty in minimising the Coombs story last time (think I might have had a dig at the story too) turned out they got kids of senior staff vaccinated- these people are pretty thick really
                            I know a few people who got it early, I don't think it ever occurred to them to turn it down. Although they were sheepish about saying they had received it.

Comment

Mellor, think it's 7-8k for a new original. Who knows what a vintage one is worth...
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                I still have no idea what I just saw. It was over when we turned the ball over then dulin had the biggest brain fart ever. Wtf was he trying to do?
                                You've got to admit it was pretty funny. I'm laughing here thinking of your and Lao's faces as you watched that.

Hopefully there was some secret signal from the bench of 'OK lads, some sucker matched me for the full tank at 999/1'.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                  Not everyone is happy with the development in Cork
                                  I could just sense this line was coming

https://tripeanddrisheen.substack.co...ExcnlA1jtlscj8
                                  LOL She's not a fan of low rise either.

Grade a gobshite TBF quite the caricature of the anti everything brigade.

I passed a familiar Irish sight: a semicircle of former council houses, pleasant enough little semi-detached homes of a certain era, gathered around a crescent of green, on the side of the road miles from any shops or services.

These houses were built before car ownership was the norm it is today. As I cycled past, I thought, a man definitely designed that. A man who never had to stand in a bus in the rain with a buggy and four bags of shopping and a screaming toddler definitely decided to put these houses out here.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

And a yellow card. I don't understand why he doesn't give it tbh.
                                    I wonder if that was a mistake by Barnes or is it an anomaly in the rules

I thought Barnes could been a bit quicker with the yellow cards rather than allowing Scotland to roll over a series of defensive penalties. I think there is something to be said for the attacking team taking the second or third penalty as a set piece and complaining to the ref that they can't get through a line that's consistently offside rather than exhausting themselves trying to break through a line that is defending by giving away penalties.
                                    That problem might have been a it more obvious in last nights game where France needed to score tries rather than just win.

Comment

Penaud would have been better slapping the ball into the dead ball than scoring.

I think Barnes should have given the PT + YC regardless though

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

I think Barnes should have given the PT + YC regardless though
                                        In not giving it was he making a mistake or following the rules, he was very clear talking to the TMO, 'if its not touched down we are going under the sticks' and afaik that implies a YC

Comment

I still have no idea what I just saw. It was over when we turned the ball over then dulin had the biggest brain fart ever. Wtf was he trying to do?
                                          Shrap, I came across this and thought you and your son might be interested. Seems like a very cool project.
                                          https://www.helium.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

In not giving it was he making a mistake or following the rules, he was very clear talking to the TMO, 'if its not touched down we are going under the sticks' and afaik that implies a YC
                                            yup agreed, how can you play advantage but end up in a less advantageous position?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

yup agreed, how can you play advantage but end up in a less advantageous position?
                                              No 1 Son used to do a bit of refereeing he says there's no punishment for penalty offence while a try is being scored.
                                              So it looks like an anomaly.

Comment

Unreal, Only France could do that, exceptional bit of surrender monkeying
                                                Comical as it was, it was surely the complete opposite of surrender monkeying.
                                                "We need 18 points and the clock is red, but we're not going to let that stop us - Lets give it a lash" is a nonsensical bit of bravado but there's an uncharacteristic fight to the death element in there.

Comment

Bad team news for Leinster, Tadhg Furlong isn't available to play.

SPOILER
                                                  He's been flown over to Egypt to unblock the Suez Canal

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

You've got to admit it was pretty funny. I'm laughing here thinking of your and Lao's faces as you watched that.

Hopefully there was some secret signal from the bench of 'OK lads, some sucker matched me for the full tank at 999/1'.

Mrs Lao Lao very kindly took a sneaky video of me hurling abuse at the TV as I paced around the room in a state of distress

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Shrap, I came across this and thought you and your son might be interested. Seems like a very cool project.
                                                      https://www.helium.com/
                                                      Cheers HJ, will definitely look into it

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Comical as it was, it was surely the complete opposite of surrender monkeying.
                                                        "We need 18 points and the clock is red, but we're not going to let that stop us - Lets give it a lash" is a nonsensical bit of bravado but there's an uncharacteristic fight to the death element in there.
                                                        still a brain fart of epic proportions. how do you not have the wherewithal to figure out the situation in that spot? i'd turned away from the TV when we turned the ball over as i thought that was it, only to look back and see penalty for Scotland. What a stupid fucking moron. he'll never live that one down lol

Comment

worst thing about all this is i have a very close friend who is Scottish, and who is the tightest fucker you've ever met. He NEVER takes bets with me anymore, because he's lost a good few, and mainly because he hates parting with his money for anything. Anyway, during the wales game last week, i managed to goad him into taking a bet for yesterday (this is for peanuts mind you), but still, managing to get him to accept it was a big deal. i'll never hear the end of it now

Comment

still a brain fart of epic proportions. how do you not have the wherewithal to figure out the situation in that spot? i'd turned away from the TV when we turned the ball over as i thought that was it, only to look back and see penalty for Scotland. What a stupid fucking moron. he'll never live that one down lol
                                                            The only equivalent I can think of would be being 13 points up and fouling the black ball in snooker, giving your opponent 7 points and they then knock it in ftw.

Tremendous entertainment all the same.

Comment

Certainly in other sports you can allow play to continue and then hand out cards once complete.

I remember once engaging in what can only be described as 'dicking about' with the ball just outside my own 25 in hockey when the sneaky forward I hadn't even realised was there robbed the ball off me and hurtled towards goal. I attempted a filthy sliding tackle which almost but not quite sent him to hospital and he escaped to round our keeper and stick the ball in the goal as I was lying there watching in horror.
                                                              Then as my entire team, bench and supporters were roaring abuse at me, the umpire fished into his pocket and dealt me a yellow, sending me to the bin.

My plea for mitigation of 'have I not suffered enough?' didn't earn a reprieve.

Comment

Definitely worth waiting for I think...

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...22533?mode=amp
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

There's a Brazilian central defender who still plays in the first team for Montpellier in Ligue 1 at aged 43 and a half called Hilton.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                    There's a Brazilian central defender who still plays in the first team for Montpellier in Ligue 1 at aged 43 and a half called Hilton.
                                                                    Theres a Japanese striker who still plays in the first team for Yokohama FC in J1 League at the age of 54 called Kazu.

Comment

.......and three people have absconded from hotel quarantine in Dublin
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                        .......and three people have absconded from hotel quarantine in Dublin
                                                                        e gobshite whinging about the size of the rooms she had her mother on radio yesterday bleating that they should make an exception for her

Ridiculous scheme, hopefully will have one good outcome of making everyone who wanted to extend it to everyone entering the country realise how dumb they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Definitely worth waiting for I think...

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...22533?mode=amp
                                                                          Maybe if he wasn't spending so much time sculpting his hair he'd be a bit more productive with the knives

Comment

Maybe if he wasn't spending so much time sculpting his hair he'd be a bit more productive with the knives
                                                                            More English cunce in Schull than Irish cunce. Ian Bailey would be happy to have a talented son like that cunce.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

More English cunce in Schull than Irish cunce. Ian Bailey would be happy to have a talented son like that cunce.
                                                                              Was surprised to hear his accent myself.

Comment

They're a thing of beauty though don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

West Cork = West Brits
                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

West Cork = West Brits
                                                                                    He's an east Brit.

Comment

My daughter's an East yank.

Had her in the car last week on the way back from the dentist. Thought there was an accident at the canal bridge.

'should we call 911' she said

Comment

My daughter's an East yank.

Had her in the car last week on the way back from the dentist. Thought there was an accident at the canal bridge.

'should we call 911' she said
                                                                                        She'll be reaching out to people next.

Whenever anyone tells me to 'reach out', I always have to suppress a wild desire to tell them to go fuck themselves.
                                                                                        Possibly the worst corporate corruption of the English language to date.

Comment

Whenever anyone tells me to 'reach out', I always have to suppress a wild desire to tell them to go fuck themselves.
                                                                                          Touch base is up there too.

Had a new Logistics manager start one time when I was van driving full time. He was a corporate monkey, is the best way to describe him.

Anyway, because I used to like getting in early to beat the traffic into city centre with the bonus of finishing early, I rarely met him so he rings me about a week in and says I'm just ringing to touch base and have a chat about the way I'd like to do things moving forward

It was the first time I've ever started laughing directly at a manager. He didn't see what was so funny so I explained that I'm a lowly van driver, breakfast rolls and garage tea. No need for the corporate mumbo jumbo. Amazingly he never used the phrase in conversation with me again lol.

Comment

They're a thing of beauty though don't you think?
                                                                                            They look good, I'm sure it will be a lovely object to have and hopefully it will fit and work well, there is no way I'd buy an expensive one without trying it out. I'm really fussy about the knives I use for cooking the ones I like best were reasonably cheap and current no 2 favourite was €15 in Ikea.

Comment

Just posting to let Dom know the roast chicken is just about done. Will let it rest for 20 mins.

Having with salad, so an early dinner, not putting roasties on or anything.

Comment

They've killed Kenny.

Comment

They look good, I'm sure it will be a lovely object to have and hopefully it will fit and work well, there is no way I'd buy an expensive one without trying it out. I'm really fussy about the knives I use for cooking the ones I like best were reasonably cheap and current no 2 favourite was €15 in Ikea.
                                                                                                  Dobby tagged me in a tweet from that lad Gaz from Michael's who had gotten one and was raving about it. So the utility aspect of them comes well reviewed.

Cheers dobby BTW.

Comment

All these Americanisms. 'Link in' is another one although not half as bad as reach out. I was back and forth with this one in work telling her over email no need to email me at all about this and that begob. She drops in and I see her in person. I got hit with the thunderbolt. I found myself saying maybe you should link in with me next time. ffs self loathing knows no bounds.

Comment

Dobby tagged me in a tweet from that lad Gaz from Michael's who had gotten one and was raving about it. So the utility aspect of them comes well reviewed.

Cheers dobby BTW.
                                                                                                      Ah cool. Had forgotten about that actually. He seems pretty busy and has his leaving cert which must be shite to be doing during covid but I'd say it will be class when it's done. His Instagram looks fantastic.

Comment

We lost to Luxembourg?

Feels like we should just give up on the idea of playing soccer as a nation. Stick to sports we can actually play.

Comment

That is Rock Bottom right there

Comment

Kenny looks like somebody shagged his wife and kept shagging after he caught them at it. Feel terrible for him. Must be very painful having to do interviews after that.
                                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                              That is Rock Bottom right there
                                                                                                              Years of grassroots neglect. No proper structures to foster talent. You are seeing the cost of Delaney's FAI right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Years of grassroots neglect. No proper structures to foster talent. You are seeing the cost of Delaney's FAI right there.
                                                                                                                But aren't we just stuck on overinflated expectations left over from the Charlton years?

We're genuinely bad at soccer, tonight just proves it. Not like Irish players are household names in the PL or anything.

Comment

Luxembourg have been doing well recently, I had a little look at their odds earlier with temptation. I have never heard of half of that Irish team.

As a Spurs fan I also know that it's very difficult to win a match with Matt Doherty in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                    Kenny looks like somebody shagged his wife and kept shagging after he caught them at it. Feel terrible for him. Must be very painful having to do interviews after that.
                                                                                                                    Fuck him he’s getting well paid. Woeful dross yo watch good luck selling out the Aviva with this bunch. The players are clearly not up to standard but this is embarrassing.

Comment

But aren't we just stuck on overinflated expectations left over from the Charlton years?

We're genuinely bad at soccer, tonight just proves it. Not like Irish players are household names in the PL or anything.
                                                                                                                      The Eurovision Principle.
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

You'll never beat the Irish.

Luxembourg: Hold my pint.

Ireland are shit since Jack Charlton died.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X