This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    One cool thing I noticed about NFT's is that you seem to be able to build in royalties, so that when things get resold you get a cut again.
    Thats something that should eb done for all resalable art IMO and could be achieved easily with or without nft's.
    Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
    There's a good explainer on NFT's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpXCUEOcyNs
    Mostly he's attributing characteristics to NFT's features that have been available since the dawn of cryptographic computing and (no idea whether genuinely or disingenuously ) attributing them as something other.
    The part where he is trying to attribute value to tokens by analogy to scuffed trading cards points me to him either desperately selling something or being a bit clueless.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Finding Jack Charlton is a lovely watch.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Tommy Gorman's last news.

Always struck me as a very balanced analyst.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Thats something that should eb done for all resalable art IMO and could be achieved easily with or without nft's.

Mostly he's attributing characteristics to NFT's features that have been available since the dawn of cryptographic computing and (no idea whether genuinely or disingenuously ) attributing them as something other.
          The part where he is trying to attribute value to tokens by analogy to scuffed trading cards points me to him either desperately selling something or being a bit clueless.
          xyzn77yncgo01.png

Comment

Actually the thing that convinced me to jump on the NFT research train was playing around in sorare after DP posted it. Sorare is so many levels of brilliance above what I'd imagine fantasy football is normally like. Its these tradeable cards and characters versions of NFTs that really are going to go through the roof. They are pseudo-gambling really, but with an asset value built in, its genuinely fascinating. The metaverses are maybe a few years of technology away from proper implementation. I just chose decentraland after spending an afternoon in there and thinking - yeah I can probably see a value side here and academics will at least understand the concept of land having value.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Actually the thing that convinced me to jump on the NFT research train was playing around in sorare after DP posted it. Sorare is so many levels of brilliance above what I'd imagine fantasy football is normally like. Its these tradeable cards and characters versions of NFTs that really are going to go through the roof. They are pseudo-gambling really, but with an asset value built in, its genuinely fascinating. The metaverses are maybe a few years of technology away from proper implementation. I just chose decentraland after spending an afternoon in there and thinking - yeah I can probably see a value side here and academics will at least understand the concept of land having value.
              So you are saying I should spam your twitter feed with my sorare referral link?
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Don't get the art side at all. I put €200 in a wallet linked to rarible, and promptly lost half of it making unsuccessful bids on crappy pieces of art. The loss was due to ethereum gas fees and you had to pay it even to bid. Trying out a little something related to NFT art, but its maybe a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

So you are saying I should spam your twitter feed with my sorare referral link?
                  Maybe in the acknowledgements section of the article I can just pop your referral link.

I haven't managed to successfully buy anything at auction yet as the prices are mad, but have built up a very mediocre team from buying in the managers market.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Hmmm! perhaps.

Ignoring that one is recorded on a (possibly) public ledger and the other on a private one, can you expound on the differences between an NFT and a standard MasterCard or Visa card transaction.

Comment

Maybe in the acknowledgements section of the article I can just pop your referral link.

I haven't managed to successfully buy anything at auction yet as the prices are mad, but have built up a very mediocre team from buying in the managers market.
                      The shrewd player is all about the j1/MLS league atm.
                      MLS especially. Its on the verge of going massive there.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The shrewd player is all about the j1/MLS league atm.
                        MLS especially. Its on the verge of going massive there.
                        a decent goalkeeper at MLS - oh.my.god. Its a good point about J1, I don't know anything about the japanese gamble-foo, while the US are junkies when it comes to gambling.

Comment

Everything about this Album is pretty astonishing.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Tommy Gorman's last news.

Always struck me as a very balanced analyst.

Balanced when it suits him

Comment

A good set of headphones and a full listen of Pharoah Sanders and Floating Points new album with london symphony orchestra is a great way to start your monday!
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                A good set of headphones and a full listen of Pharoah Sanders and Floating Points new album with london symphony orchestra is a great way to start your monday!
                                Ha was gonna use ta track from that in MK final but thought it would look too much like I’d just googled “best albums 2021 the guardian “

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                  Ha was gonna use ta track from that in MK final but thought it would look too much like I’d just googled “best albums 2021 the guardian “
                                  LOL ye all missed a trick, it really is something else.

Comment

Don't invest your money in NFTs, invest it in chasing eternal glory in the IPB 2021 Aintree Tipping Comp (now with additional elbows-funded Novelty NAPS Nag Nominating)

Comment

It would have been a 10 from me
                                      airport, lol

Comment

We all know a lot of guidelines are being ignored across the country but last weekend really seemed to have been a watershed moment for me anyway. I've seen plenty of images of non-compliance all over social media: poker, gatherings, non-essential visits and trips. People are not even caring to hide this anymore and probably haven't been for some time. Easter looks like it's going to cause another Christmas like spike albeit on a smaller scale.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                          We all know a lot of guidelines are being ignored across the country but last weekend really seemed to have been a watershed moment for me anyway. I've seen plenty of images of non-compliance all over social media: poker, gatherings, non-essential visits and trips. People are not even caring to hide this anymore and probably haven't been for some time. Easter looks like it's going to cause another Christmas like spike albeit on a smaller scale.
                                          ugh thats crap. as those of us who are more or less following the rules will still get infected when their kids meet our kids in school. I had a cold at a weekend that nearly made me cry like a baby, I'm not sure I'm ready for covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                            Everything about this Album is pretty astonishing.
                                            one of my favourite albums, it's perfection
                                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 30-03-21, 13:55.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                              Was even more noticeable (with schools off) on my early morning cycle just how many builders and tradesmen are out and about - a lot.

Which I'm not sure is worth fussing over, if they're on a site and either outside and\or distancing, then should be relatively OK. Don't know how many clusters were traced back to sites.

Comment

Two numbers to focus on are hospital\ICU cases and vaccinations.

We're quite close to being able to say that anyone getting covid today almost certainly won't die, given who's been vaccinated so far.

Comment

We're quite close to being able to say that anyone getting covid today almost certainly won't die, given who's been vaccinated so far.
                                                  The next step of "anyone who gets it won't be hospitalised" is very tricky to project though (in terms of loosening of restrictions). In a way we can look to our most learned cousins across the Irish Sea and keep an eye on impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

The next step of "anyone who gets it won't be hospitalised" is very tricky to project though (in terms of loosening of restrictions). In a way we can look to our most learned cousins across the Irish Sea and keep an eye on impact.
                                                    I'm not sure that NPHET will ever adopt my line of saying "Yes cases are going up, but really that's not the way to look at this. The way to look at it is that the right kind of people of getting it."

Comment

Was trying to pick something off it too but it's really an album that needs to be listened to as a whole.

Saw Pharaoh Sanders in the NCH a couple of years ago. Massive privilege to see such a transcendent talent in the flesh

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Was trying to pick something off it too but it's really an album that needs to be listened to as a whole.

Saw Pharaoh Sanders in the NCH a couple of years ago. Massive privilege to see such a transcendent talent in the flesh
                                                        Id say about once a month I think about how lucky I was to go and see that gig, was amazing.

Yeah youd have to post the whole lot, it considered one track broked into "movements" haha
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Its musical wanking brother rabbit.

Comment

Was even more noticeable (with schools off) on my early morning cycle just how many builders and tradesmen are out and about - a lot.

Which I'm not sure is worth fussing over, if they're on a site and either outside and\or distancing, then should be relatively OK. Don't know how many clusters were traced back to sites.
                                                            You are obsessed with the builders Smithers . Calm down

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

You are obsessed with the builders Smithers .
                                                              Mainly because I can't wait for them to start working on my house.

Comment

Mainly because I can't wait for them to start working on my house.
                                                                Ooooh matron.

Comment

Theres sites open all over the place, it doesnt bother me as outside, should be easy to distance etc, but seems unfair some get to break the rules and benefit while others obey and lose out. What was the ruling, social housing sites only open? I noticed for example theres work going on on OPW site in the phoenix park.

Same with offices if you walk around, plenty of people have self defined themselves as essential.
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Yeah case numbers are an indication of how its spreading. But the comparisons saying we are x times the number of cases back during the first peak hurts my head when the testing is completely different. The walk in symptom free testing centres are a great thing of course, but comparing the resulting cases to a time when we werent testing the same type of people, who would have sat at home asymptomatic, creates unnecessary panic, and the media will run with it.
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Yeah case numbers are an indication of how its spreading. But the comparisons saying we are x times the number of cases back during the first peak hurts my head when the testing is completely different. The walk in symptom free testing centres are a great thing of course, but comparing the resulting cases to a time when we werent testing the same type of people, who would have sat at home asymptomatic, creates unnecessary panic, and the media will run with it.
                                                                      As well, case numbers in a time when vaccinations are being rolled out <> case numbers when no vaccines were available

IMO (as the great health data expert I obviously am ), the danger of 'the health service being overwhelmed' is now close to 0% and that should now be factored into decision making.

Comment

Suez canal up and running again - you'd fill a bit foolish if you were one of the ships who panicked and went the Cape of Good Pirates route.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          Suez canal up and running again - you'd fill a bit foolish if you were one of the ships who panicked and went the Cape of Good Pirates route.
                                                                          what's the round trip sailing from Suez to Rotterdam vs going through the canal? must easily be 10,000km extra (he said wth no backup at all)

Comment

Loaded up on IAG shares there. If they don't get back to €5 before the end of the year convert everything to random NFTs.
                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Looks like easily an extra 18,000km or so

Comment

Looks like easily an extra 18,000km or so
                                                                                They say 9000K saving for London, so a bit more for Rotterdam (x 2 obviously for your round trip).
                                                                                Obviously we were all reading up on it a bit because it was in the news - I was fascinated by the fees for what is effectively a toll road.
                                                                                I had a figure in my head for how much it would cost to travel, I was way off.
                                                                                For anyone who wants to guess before the answer
                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                my guess was around $10K depending on size of ship, turns out the average toll is $250K. Makes the port tunnel seem a bargain at €10.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                  Loaded up on IAG shares there. If they don't get back to €5 before the end of the year convert everything to random NFTs.
                                                                                  Is there a reason you went for IAG specifically, vs Ryanair or indeed a basket of airlines?

Comment

Ha, I was way out guessing
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    $600k
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Is there a reason you went for IAG specifically, vs Ryanair or indeed a basket of airlines?
                                                                                      Looks undervalued. Not totally in hock to government bailouts because of the rights issue. In a good position to pressure struggling Virgin. Opportunistically used pandemic to sort some legacy staff issues. Analyst ratings good.

Ryanair has already recovered back to pre-covid price.

Comment

Whats the best way for a beginner start trading? I know the likes of revolut etc but is the best approach to open an account with the likes of Davy?

Comment

Originally posted by GMoran1 View Post

Whats the best way for a beginner start trading? I know the likes of revolut etc but is the best approach to open an account with the likes of Davy?
                                                                                          Hitch put me onto Degiro and used the App - pretty straightforward even for a technophobe like me. PS gimme a clue as to who you are as i believe i know you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Hitch put me onto Degiro and used the App - pretty straightforward even for a technophobe like me. PS gimme a clue as to who you are as i believe i know you.
                                                                                            TY Sir, will give this a go. I've def played with you in JP's at some point

Comment

As well, case numbers in a time when vaccinations are being rolled out <> case numbers when no vaccines were available

IMO (as the great health data expert I obviously am ), the danger of 'the health service being overwhelmed' is now close to 0% and that should now be factored into decision making.
                                                                                              I think linking opening to vaccine roll out milestones rather than positive cases would be a good change of direction and give a bit more hope to the population.

Essentially the same thing but phrased differently - the current message has lost any meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I think linking opening to vaccine roll out milestones rather than positive cases would be a good change of direction and give a bit more hope to the population.

Essentially the same thing but phrased differently - the current message has lost any meaning.
                                                                                                yes, we're on the same track.

Although it's a horrible fine line for the government to try to walk, I don't envy them

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

The trouble is we don't know exactly what success will look like in that regard. Ideally we'd see cases stay roughly stable but hospitalisations plummet. Hopefully we'll get good date from the UK's opening up starting today, but there will still remain a huge number of unknowns.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

The trouble is we don't know exactly what success will look like in that regard. Ideally we'd see cases stay roughly stable but hospitalisations plummet. Hopefully we'll get good date from the UK's opening up starting today, but there will still remain a huge number of unknowns.
                                                                                                    We don’t but waiting until figures hit zero isn’t really plausible, getting rid of COVID globally or even locally completely won’t happen even once the vaccine is fully rolled out.

They don’t really need to promise much, like just going for once the 65’s are done we all get to go for a hair cut, Small promises that are inevitably coming anyway and if numbers actually fall then they can throw in a few more bonus’s.

Obv pubs, gigs and big sporting events are miles away.

Comment

I think we can take a positive enough view of this, despite all being exhausted by lockdown. Some new openings happening this week. Probably some more in a months time (end of April - more or less everything open except pubs and restaurants), then pubs and restaurants open a month at end of May, then whatever the fuck a month open by the end of June. So there's positive new steps happening each month after three months of nothingness, and within three months it'll be more or less fully over for all intents and purposes.

Comment

Move aside NFTs. Anyone manage to get a pair of very limited edition Satan shoes?

Air bubble shoes with human blood in the sole. MSCHF x Lil Nas X.

Comment

what's the round trip sailing from Suez to Rotterdam vs going through the canal? must easily be 10,000km extra (he said wth no backup at all)
                                                                                                          You're adding about 3500 nautical miles by going round the Cape rather than through the Suez.

In addition to time, probably an additional 7+ days, you also have the issue of piracy of both side of Africa which can be a big issue.

Thank fuck, they got the vessel re-floated today, will still take up to a week to clear the back log and could impact supply chains for the next 6-8 weeks but at least we're moving again.

Comment

Congratulations to Shrapnel, for winning consecutive Music Kings. He beat Ed for the second year in a row (and I think this one is gonna hurt) while PSV played a strong game too.

Some great music on offer and I doubt it'll be another year before we do it again.

Well played all.

Comment

I think we can take a positive enough view of this, despite all being exhausted by lockdown. Some new openings happening this week. Probably some more in a months time (end of April - more or less everything open except pubs and restaurants), then pubs and restaurants open a month at end of May, then whatever the fuck a month open by the end of June. So there's positive new steps happening each month after three months of nothingness, and within three months it'll be more or less fully over for all intents and purposes.
                                                                                                              meanwhile .

Separately, emerging reports that
                                                                                                              Gardai are investigating Munster Rugby for making an entirely unnecessary trip to the RDS.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Comment

The Reagan assassination attempt was 40 years ago today. Probably surprising there hasn't been any serious effort since.

Comment

The Reagan assassination attempt was 40 years ago today. Probably surprising there hasn't been any serious effort since.
                                                                                                                    Well he's been dead these17 years now, so any more recent efforts would be more frivolous than serious.

Comment

Wow! I was in Athens and remember seeing a photo on a newspaper front page of him having been shot, I went off to Crete via a couple of Islands and it was only when I came home in May that I noticed he had survived it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Well he's been dead these17 years now, so any more recent efforts would be more frivolous than serious.
                                                                                                                        This lockdown has been going on way too long. Please do better.

On a related note, has anyone ever been to a presidential library? Kinda imagine they don't see much traffic but maybe there are hordes of avid amateur historians who can think of no finer thing to do with their holidays than to trek to the Richard Milhous Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda and marvel at the wonders therein.

Comment

In fairness to the Nixon library, it doesn't seem like they've shied away from the episode he is remembered for

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X