This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some BBV help please!

If you have booked anything recently, an appointment, tee time, restaurant or whatever online would you be able to tell me the name of the business so I can view their booking process/system?

The reason I ask is I am looking to get a list of as many booking systems as possible, as I need to approach them about integrations for my app.

As an extra ask, if you can think of any business you've ever used that uses Acuity or Squarespace as their booking system, thats a added bonus as my app works super well with those and is already integrated.

In order for Acuity or SP to promote me as an official partner integration I need to get at least 10 acuity users on board, I have 5. I need as many more as possible.

If any BBV readers can think of any businesses that you've booked online, or ay businesses that use acuity or squarespace I would MASSIVELY appreciate it.

Here is an example of the squarespace/acuity UI to see if it jogs a memory.

https://riverspirit.as.me/schedule.php

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

If you have booked anything recently, an appointment, tee time, restaurant or whatever online would you be able to tell me the name of the business so I can view their booking process/system?

The reason I ask is I am looking to get a list of as many booking systems as possible, as I need to approach them about integrations for my app.

As an extra ask, if you can think of any business you've ever used that uses Acuity or Squarespace as their booking system, thats a added bonus as my app works super well with those and is already integrated.

In order for Acuity or SP to promote me as an official partner integration I need to get at least 10 acuity users on board, I have 5. I need as many more as possible.

If any BBV readers can think of any businesses that you've booked online, or ay businesses that use acuity or squarespace I would MASSIVELY appreciate it.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head besides BRS for golf tee times.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
        Speaking of decor being 'too trendy', what would you think of this? Not to my taste at all, we were offered a viewing on this previously but declined for a few reasons, mainly location - but to my mind that interior is a bit off-putting to most buyers I imagine!
        The person or persons who own that are Gowls of the highest order...imo. Soz hotspur for the negativity.
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Can't think of anything off the top of my head besides BRS for golf tee times.
          ... feckin Golf Now. It's perfect for Golf Now but I'm waaaaaaaaaay too small fry for them at the moment. I do have some tee sheet softwares signed up though. Appreciate the though, if anything jumps out at you over the next few days, keep my post in mind.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Speaking of decor being 'too trendy', what would you think of this? Not to my taste at all, we were offered a viewing on this previously but declined for a few reasons, mainly location - but to my mind that interior is a bit off-putting to most buyers I imagine!
            This house could easily be made nice, a lot better than some of the hopeless ones. That decoration is just poor taste imo but there is a lot to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

This house could easily be made nice, a lot better than some of the hopeless ones. That decoration is just poor taste imo but there is a lot to work with.
              Reminded me of Sinead O'Connor's Bray gaff, especially the blue walls and ceiling. https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...icklow/4467683
              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Re property flipping

Random story but a childhood friend of my mothers ran away as a teenager from home after a parent died and her sibling committed suicide. My mother tracked her down a couple of years ago by recognizing her son somehow, after not seeing her for 50 years. She had apparently run to London, and eventually ended up working flipping real estate there and becoming a millionaire from it, and then marrying somebody with Saudi level wealth, that works for the Royals. When my mother contacted her she had no idea but she said she would visit London to see her, was fairly shocked to turn up at a mansion in the middle of London with more cars than you can count and rather lavish gifts haha.
                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 25-03-21, 17:26.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Reminded me of Sinead O'Connor's Bray gaff, especially the blue walls and ceiling. https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...icklow/4467683
                  Burn it with fire.

Comment

Off their head, far too specific a taste for a sale.

Comment

Ah it is though. He's been giving me grief and unnecessary work his whole life but if I ask for a hand? Isn't that what brothers are for?
                      Absolutely. I feel in other countries kids in the same family grow up a bit more uniformly, whereas in Ireland our families tend to be a lot more variable and therefore with much more opportunity to be bellends.
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Bookatable for restaurants, expedia for holidays, clubv1 for golf. Not sure if that's what you're looking for but those are the ones I use regularly.

Comment

Ha! You'd hate my living room so. Very similar to that. All black bar the ceiling, although we've decided to do that soon.

I hated the idea at first when my wife suggested it but I loved it the instant we did it.

Paintings and bits with bright colours just pop off it.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

There's a small little Indian takeaway local to me that has the best online ordering experience I've ever had.

Pure Indian they're called.

Comment

Anyone who turns a house down because of how the walls are painted needs a good slappin though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                Anyone who turns a house down because of how the walls are painted needs a good slappin though.
                                My only real worry with the more extreme ones, is that they may also have had creative solutions to the electrical and plumbing situation. Pure bias based on nothing though.

Comment

My physio has a very good system that works from his calendar to show me the times he's free. Not sure what plug in he's using.
                                  https://odonnellphysio.ie/bookings/
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That's something one of my daughters might have come up with, when she was 12 years old.
                                    I'm shocked that the picture of the wardrobe only shows a single piece of leopard print clothing

Comment

Lad still hasn't contacted me about my knife. I've been in touch a couple of times to gently enquire.

Ordered it at the end of Nov.

How long do you think I should leave it before telling him to stick it up his bollix?

Or is 4 months (so far) acceptable for something hand crafted?

Comment

Sounds like he took on too many orders at once, it's not his main job:

Unfortunately the waiting list has grown to a point where we can no longer estimate how long it will take for someone to receive their knife. The list will be reopened as soon as we have cleared the backlog.

Comment

Ah cheers Tar, hadn't seen that.

I'll hang on, be mad to cancel sure I suppose.

Comment

How long do you think I should leave it before telling him to stick it up his bollix?
                                            About minus 2 months.

Comment

Always figured the transaction costs would be too high for that in Ireland. Nice.

Comment

Wow this is news to me. My (sometimes bellend of a) brother emigrated to New Zealand and has been there 2 years. He's got a kiwi bird, solid job and life all sorted. 6 months in a house together and now a de facto common law spouse so he qualifies for residency on a partnership/marriage visa. So he let his passport expire last year while in middle of the residency application and applied online for the renewal. It arrived in my gaff 3 days later and I DHL'd it to him. Luckily it arrived another 3 days later and in time for him to meet the deadline for his case. Obviously he got approved but he is one lucky git.
                                                There used to be a drop box in Leinster House for anyone pally with TDs/staff for getting same day passports.

Comment

You're the closest thing to a financial advisor I've got. Acquiring margin as I type.
                                                  I currently can't invest as my passport ran out, can't get a new passport as they are not processing passports and don't want to buy right now as per all the chat today and possible wanting to move to London in a few years anyway. Hopefully by the time I get my passport the market will have crashed and I can lump vwce.
                                                  Just get this

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...500k-1.4516856

Comment

Yeah, his main job is order fulfillment manager with AstraZeneca.
                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

About minus 2 months.
                                                      By that metric Ooni should have shoved my pizza oven up their hole back in January.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Bookatable for restaurants, expedia for holidays, clubv1 for golf. Not sure if that's what you're looking for but those are the ones I use regularly.
                                                        Thank you.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

My physio has a very good system that works from his calendar to show me the times he's free. Not sure what plug in he's using.
                                                        https://odonnellphysio.ie/bookings/
                                                        Cliniko. Perfect, thank you.

We are in talks with a practice management app here called JaneApp so this is a great shout, ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

By that metric Ooni should have shoved my pizza oven up their hole back in January.
                                                          That's like a different product, a different shark

Comment

Thank you.

We are in talks with a practice management app here called JaneApp so this is a great shout, ty.
                                                            The first thing that came to mind when you mentioned developing an app.

Comment

What type of fuckwit sets up midnight presentations to discuss financial maths in australia

<- this fuckwit

going to need those clockwork orange things to keep the eyes open for the talk at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                What type of fuckwit sets up midnight presentations to discuss financial maths in australia

<- this fuckwit

going to need those clockwork orange things to keep the eyes open for the talk at this stage.
                                                                Have you solved the problem with your heavy breathing in video presentations?

Comment

I see some of the ships in the queue have started to go the long way ahead. Tough year for logistics. Anyone in that industry deserves a raise imo.

Comment

Thank you.

Back in the glorious days of haircuts, a lot of places use online booking systems. No idea what backend they use though.

Comment

Have you solved the problem with your heavy breathing in video presentations?
                                                                      Has RDIII solved the problem of flat netherlands? Lets get the IPB priorities straight. First we sort out the dutch, then we work on personal problems.

Comment

Use this booking app a fair bit - both here and with other restaurants. https://3leaves.clickandcollection.com/

Comment

Lad still hasn't contacted me about my knife. I've been in touch a couple of times to gently enquire.

Ordered it at the end of Nov.

Or is 4 months (so far) acceptable for something hand crafted?
                                                                          Listen I meant to say this to you before . Those neighbours, (the dodgy ones) do you really think a knife will scare them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Back in the glorious days of haircuts, a lot of places use online booking systems. No idea what backend they use though.
                                                                            The horrifically named Sugar Daddy use Phorest. I used it before and its quite pleasingly designed. https://phorest.com/book/salons/suga...krock/disabled

I'd imagine the key with these is they could be a lot better than they currently are. Like why not text me five weeks after a haircut saying 'psst want us to book you in for a cut'. Could also remember some client info and use that to ensure decent service no matter which hairdresser is cutting the hair.

Comment

Too many statement pieces in the living spaces.
                                                                              People get put off by things that demand attention.

The kitchen/bathroom/garden stuff is grand.
                                                                              As a rule of thumb we try for a clean practical look which is plain enough that people can adapt easily.

Walk in and not have to change anything is the goal.

Last edited by DeeBrown; 25-03-21, 22:26.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

As a rule of thumb we try for a clean practical look which is plain enough that people can adapt easily.

The fact that the previous owners were wankers shouldn't really make any difference though. Especially when it was only built 4 years ago. The question of Churchtown or Nutgrove as expressed by RD3 is a bit odd to me. Nutgrove is a street(that I live on) which is either Rathfarnham or Churchtown. The site those houses and apartments are on, were where HB and Premier Dairies were, and both were Rathfarnham addresses.

Comment

True, the previous owners taste is irrelevant.
                                                                                  Buy a tin of paint if you don't like black walls
                                                                                  & they can call the area Timbuktu if they like,
                                                                                  ​​​​​​so long as it's close to where you want to live.
                                                                                  Last edited by DeeBrown; 25-03-21, 23:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Listen I meant to say this to you before . Those neighbours, (the dodgy ones) do you really think a knife will scare them ?
                                                                                    My RPG is stuck in the Suez.

Comment

Yeah we have a couple integrations underway for barbers.

It is kinda shocking how little some companies want to integrate.

Comment

Yeah we have a couple integrations underway for barbers.

It is kinda shocking how little some companies want to integrate.
                                                                                        I feel I know the guy who set up Phorest (the sugardaddy booking system). Maybe we were in college at the same time. They seem to have done well for themselves, 2000 hairdressing salons from the comfort of their own home. Maybe each salon paying €30-40 a month? for a handy million euros a year in revenue, probably mostly profit, as they surely can't have many running costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I feel I know the guy who set up Phorest (the sugardaddy booking system). Maybe we were in college at the same time. They seem to have done well for themselves, 2000 hairdressing salons from the comfort of their own home. Maybe each salon paying €30-40 a month? for a handy million euros a year in revenue, probably mostly profit, as they surely can't have many running costs.
                                                                                          Hitch man, if you could broker an intro there it would be massssssssssive.

I might even do the designs for your idea for free for you if you do!

Comment

The fact that the previous owners were wankers shouldn't really make any difference though. Especially when it was only built 4 years ago. The question of Churchtown or Nutgrove as expressed by RD3 is a bit odd to me. Nutgrove is a street(that I live on) which is either Rathfarnham or Churchtown. The site those houses and apartments are on, were where HB and Premier Dairies were, and both were Rathfarnham addresses.
                                                                                            Do you remember when Holylands was re-named Mountain View? Having a Rathfarnham address didn't help when you're from Holylands, when they changed it to Mountain View it fooled a few potential employers for a while.

Comment

Started off with some potential but quickly descends into tacky mix of ideas. Sort of a magpie approach of hoarding shiny knick-knacks.

Although it’s mostly the decor tbf. I’m fully aware styling has an impact on perception - it affects how a place looks considerably. But it's really irrelevant as none of that is gonna be included in the sale. Once you remove the furniture. It's pretty basic tbh. The only issues then are the light fittings and the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post

Do you remember when Holylands was re-named Mountain View? Having a Rathfarnham address didn't help when you're from Holylands, when they changed it to Mountain View it fooled a few potential employers for a while.
                                                                                                Oh, I do yeah. Though a lot has changed since then, and I'd hope that that kind of snobbery is a shadow of it's former self. Often wonder if the history of the travellers being moved on from the site of Nutgrove Shopping Centre was ever recorded, can't really trust my memory of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

Too many statement pieces in the living spaces.
                                                                                                  People get put off by things that demand attention.

The kitchen/bathroom/garden stuff is grand.

Walk in and not have to change anything is the goal.
                                                                                                  It must be a thing that gaudy homes are undervalued? People don't warm to it, can't see themselves there, when the reality is that most of the stuff will be gone, and the walls can be repainted?

Comment

Always thought Nutgrove was a distinct area? It has its own shopping centre.

i.e. between Ballinteer, Rathfarnham, Dundrum and Churchtown

Comment

It even has its own wikipedia page.

Nutgrove (Irish: Ceathrú an Notaigh) is an area in Churchtown, County Dublin.

It is a suburban area at the foot of the Dublin mountains between Churchtown and Rathfarnham around the Nutgrove Shopping Centre.

It used to be the home of HB, an ice cream company in Ireland.

Comment

It's definitely a phenomenon all over Dublin, people (especially when trying to sell property) claiming to be located in a more desirable area than they actually are. I'm sure it happens everywhere, it's relatively harmless and quite funny to watch.
                                                                                                        We know somebody who will very forecfully insist she lives in one place, when she's nowhere near it. Maybe an Irish version of Hyacinth Bucket?

340?cb=20110519214122.jpg

Comment

Fresha - https://www.fresha.com/providers/men...eland-u3je0bha

Comment

It must be a thing that gaudy homes are undervalued? People don't warm to it, can't see themselves there, when the reality is that most of the stuff will be gone, and the walls can be repainted?
                                                                                                            Easy to paint the walls but I can't imagine how long it would take to exorcise 'poor oul' Sinead from a house.... Imagine waking up in the night and thinking you are in the room where she was banging John Waters

Comment

It's definitely a phenomenon all over Dublin, people (especially when trying to sell property) claiming to be located in a more desirable area than they actually are. I'm sure it happens everywhere, it's relatively harmless and quite funny to watch.
                                                                                                              We know somebody who will very forecfully insist she lives in one place, when she's nowhere near it. Maybe an Irish version of Hyacinth Bucket?

340?cb=20110519214122.jpg
                                                                                                              Which brings me to... why was Dublin 6West created?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                Which brings me to... why was Dublin 6West created?
                                                                                                                They didn't want to be in Dublin 24

Comment

Actually, while not being an avid Ross O'Carroll Kelly reader, I remember laughing long and hard at how close to the mark he hit with this bit about his mother and her friends trying to stop the Green Line linking up with the Red I am 100% there was much gnashing of teeth and tearing out of hair at the possibility of Northsiders/Westsiders gaining access to the Dundrum Town Centre and other such bastions of the well-heeled.

Back to something else mentioned, I think that Foxrock definitely has the most liberties taken with its borders. Houses well into Deansgrange are given Foxrock addresses. Likewise those in Cornelscourt and Cabinteely. I believe there's similar liberties taken with Knocklyon?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

They didn't want to be in Dublin 24
                                                                                                                    the other thing that is weird, why do the postal districts abruptly cease south of Dublin 4?

As in, you get to RTE on the N11 and suddenly everything is in County Dublin (even though, you're very close to the city centre and well inside the M50? e.g.UCD, Stillorgan, Blackrock, Mount Merrion etc
                                                                                                                    No other area in the city is postcode-free. Guess it doesn't matter any more with Eircodes.

Comment

I knew someone who lived on Malahide Road, Swords. If they clambered up onto railings of fire escape of their building they could see the Sea if they stood on tippy toes.
                                                                                                                      Used to get a lot of smirks when they spoke about loving life in Malahide and being so great to have a sea view
                                                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

the other thing that is weird, why do the postal districts abruptly cease south of Dublin 4?

As in, you get to RTE on the N11 and suddenly everything is in County Dublin (even though, you're very close to the city centre and well inside the M50? e.g.UCD, Stillorgan, Blackrock, Mount Merrion etc
                                                                                                                        No other area in the city is postcode-free. Guess it doesn't matter any more with Eircodes.
                                                                                                                        Vague recollection of it being something to do with however Rathdown was connected to Dublin as a whole. Should have paid more attention to my local history

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Easy to paint the walls but I can't imagine how long it would take to exorcise 'poor oul' Sinead from a house.... Imagine waking up in the night and thinking you are in the room where she was banging John Waters
                                                                                                                          I'd say the morning breakfast conversations were far out .

About last night Sinead , you er nearly got me when you were stabbing the pillow with the scissors.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X