Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Seems remarkable the amount of people battling cancer etc just wanting a normal life , then there are those healthy as fuck but their minds are terminal. So much fragility . Be grateful if neither effect you right now. I worry about my kids for when they are older They have no time to be bored . I think embracing the boredom is key then you'll enjoy your pastimes more . A single obsession is a killer .

    Comment


      Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

      8 days to go here before golfs reopen. Everyone chomping at the bit.
      Wouldn't be so sure about that unfortunately.

      "While there are likely to be discussions on the return of golf and tennis, these sports are viewed as less of a priority at present."

      https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/...virus-ireland/
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

      Comment


        My brothers have started to get the vaccine in the UK already, meanwhile my 70 year old father with a pacemaker can't get one yet.
        One of my bros had covid befre, vaccine destroyed him again for the last 24 hours, same as having the real thing, unfortunate! Not a good sign for me haha.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

          Wouldn't be so sure about that unfortunately.

          "While there are likely to be discussions on the return of golf and tennis, these sports are viewed as less of a priority at present."

          https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/...virus-ireland/
          I'm in the UK

          Comment


            Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            My brothers have started to get the vaccine in the UK already, meanwhile my 70 year old father with a pacemaker can't get one yet.
            One of my bros had covid befre, vaccine destroyed him again for the last 24 hours, same as having the real thing, unfortunate! Not a good sign for me haha.
            Still waiting personally but a good few of my friends have had their 1st jab. Can't wait, and would love to have both jabs before the summer,but it looks like if we don't get it before end of march, unlikely we get it before May.

            Comment


              Golfed last weekend.
              Golfing today.
              And tomorrow.

              In March. In Alberta.

              madness.
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                I was thinking about this some more. It strikes me that most people, at least those not on gold-plated DB pensions (who don't have to concern themselves), think of 'retirement' they tend to think of it primarily in financial terms
                i.e.
                • How much money do I need in my pension pot?
                • When will I pay off my mortgage?
                • How much will it cost to put kids through college?
                etc. And then you can set yourself some targets and work to achieve them.

                But we tend not to think about what we'll do with all that.....time. Imagine. You can get up whenever you want. Go to bed whatever time you feel like. Do whatever you want in between (assuming you have your health and some money, this can be a fairly exhaustive menu of options).

                Sounds great. Except that's the exact opposite of how you've spent your life up to now - ruled by timetables, deadlines, schedules, projects. It can be incredibly disconcerting for people to have all that structure whipped away. For some reason, this seems to hit men harder - maybe because they tend to tie their own sense of self-worth in with their job. I can think of at least five of my father's contemporaries who, in their working lives would have been considered 'successful', but withered away and died, essentially of self-neglect within a couple of years of retirement. They literally could not adjust from their old life to their new.

                Hence why the question 'what am I going to do with all my time?' should probably be the first one you tackle when thinking of retirement.

                'Get a dog' might be solid advice!
                The advice does seem to be "The younger you retire you longer you tend to live"

                I had a few months there between jobs during covid. It was free time + nothing open. But I filled the day morning to night easily, actually regret not having that level of time to pursue my own things now. Could comfortably do it for 60 years more.

                ruled by timetables, deadlines, schedules, projects. It can be incredibly disconcerting for people to have all that structure whipped away.
                Maybe it's because I've had very little of that in anything I've worked in? Or maybe it's because poker + trading were just about getting money and never really held much meaning in the first place.

                Must actually be quite fulfilling if one if working at an organisational level and is directing large scale interesting work or change. Or helping large numbers of people at a high level. And that's difficult to replicate for a retiree with personal things, alone, outside of an organisation. Even if it should actually have more meaning, internally.

                Maybe for some retired people, they've spent so little time sitting quietly in a room alone, that when it's all they're doing, it's overwhelming.


                A single obsession is a killer .
                Yeah, I think as a person you have to be wary of putting too much stock in anything external, especially any single source, as anything can go at any point.
                Last edited by Denny Crane; 20-03-21, 17:12.

                Comment


                  That was a great try.
                  Turning millions into thousands

                  Comment


                    Didn't see that coming after the first 20!

                    Hugo Keenan is some find.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                    Comment


                      Crazy stat. Team leading at half time has won the last 27 tests

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Didn't see that coming after the first 20!

                        Hugo Keenan is some find.
                        Jack Conan is looking fairly handy as well. First 10 mins here are big

                        Comment


                          Thought it was Cheltenham looking at the scoreline

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by RichieM View Post

                            Jack Conan is looking fairly handy as well. First 10 mins here are big
                            Jack has always been a class, athletic 8.

                            Switched to veganism a few years back and claims it has made all the difference.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                            Comment


                              Been working away since the pandemic began, factory work so cant exactly wfh, anyway, back in Jan when the numbers started to go crazy, 3 people i would work closely with all had covid tests, due to close contacts or symptoms. I made an appointment to speak with the company doctor to discuss how safe it still was for me to be on the floor etc, according to my cardiologist i should be cocooning anyway due to underlying health issues and the fact im very fat...covid doesnt like the fatties !!

                              He agreed to put me off work and we would come back in 4 weeks and see what the numbers are like...that was 8 weeks ago

                              I have not had 8 weeks off in over 30 years, working since im 18 and ~27 of those years have been shift work (other than 5 months off when i had the bypass)

                              Anyways...I cant understand how people can be bored, there is just so much to do, not enough hours in the day. Its pure joy being able to start a job and know i dont have to get it done today because i have a week of nights ahead, i can take my time and take as many days as i need to get it done.

                              Wife and son have both commented how much my mood has improved, not being like an antichrist after a weekend of nights and a total of 10 hours sleep.

                              Going into bed around 10.30 and getting up 6.30/7...have a relaxing 2 cups of coffee and head off for an hours walk. Getting 10k steps in every day, mind is healthier, soul is healthier and body is getting healthier.

                              Have also been watching my alcohol intake, has been a tad excessive...Its very easy to convince yourself you deserve something when you know you shouldent be consuming it, justifying it to yourself. Im going to be working this weekend so ill drink tonight...i was working all weekend so ill drink tonight...rinse repeat.

                              Food, while eating pretty clean, i dont do takeaway or deep fried i do have a massive appetite, always make more than whats needed so i can have a snack that evening...basically 2 dinners. Throw shift work into that and not sleeping correctly is a recipe to pile on the pounds.

                              Decided to ditch the carbs 4 weeks ago, much easier when i am at home and no shift work, since i stopped eating bread, rice, spuds pasta im quiet happy on 2 meals a day, feel very satisfied on ~1000 calories a day, while not strictly keto, its kind of that with lots of veg and the healthy fats. Havent drank beer or wine either, quiet happy with a few G&T's at the weekend or a few whiskeys, down about 6 or 7 KG's, starting at 130 so it hasn't exactly been a struggle but its working.

                              Dont think i could have done any of this if i was working, shift deffo takes its toll on the body and having a regular routine is so satisfying.

                              Whenever i do go back ill be discussing getting a day job or else looking for something else, so much more to life than working. I would grab early retirement with both hands, im only 48 so i have a few years to go yet but having to wait till you are 65 is quiet cruel when you think about it, you definitely have the best years behind you at that stage.

                              That was a bit of a ramble...basically...I dont like working anymore !
                              This too shall pass.

                              Comment


                                Wow, 20 minutes to go. Should be safe but will make an interesting finish!

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                  Wow, 20 minutes to go. Should be safe but will make an interesting finish!
                                  Bundee is always liable to do that, actually don't know what the point is of picking him as he isn't international class.

                                  Looked OK on first viewing but then you saw the other angle and the ref was spot on.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                    Bundee is always liable to do that, actually don't know what the point is of picking him as he isn't international class.

                                    Looked OK on first viewing but then you saw the other angle and the ref was spot on.
                                    Incredibly unlucky, but it's a clear red. You just have to get lower these days.

                                    Comment


                                      Why didn't England play like this last week Ffs? Penalty count is horrendous and they're a joke tbh. Crazy to think they were clear favs before the tournament and they're going to finish just above Italy.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        Got me wondering,
                                        if we organised a get-together today would we even make it a poker event?

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

                                          Got me wondering,
                                          if we organised a get-together today would we even make it a poker event?
                                          Cooking/baking would be more relevant to most I think.
                                          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            My brothers have started to get the vaccine in the UK already, meanwhile my 70 old father with a pacemaker can't get one yet.
                                            One of my bros had covid befre, vaccine destroyed him again for the last 24 hours, same as having the real thing, unfortunate! Not a good sign for me haha.
                                            We were told by HSE and DoH more than a fortnight ago that all bar a few > 85 year olds were vaccinated, that week HSE announced the ambulance service would deliver to the housebound elderly who had not been vaccinated.
                                            I'm still struggling to get any information on when or how they are going to vaccinate my 91 year old father.
                                            It shouldn't be a supply issue because HSE stated that there would be supply of Pfizer available for this part of the rollout and the Ambulance Service claim to have started delivering to this plan. There is speculation that the total number is between 1500 - 1800 but neither the HSE or NAS will answer any questions on the program neither I or the GP have any indication of whether it will be delivered within days, weeks or months.

                                            Back in mid Feb when the GP first called me to tell me the HSE would not allow him bring the vaccine out of the surgery he told me that he had no faith in the HSE's ability to deliver. He was right I'm afraid it does not give great hope for their ability to deliver a million a month when they come onstream in those kind of volumes a few weeks.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

                                            Comment


                                              Allez Shraaaapland! Again.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                              Comment


                                                Music King round 5 has just gotten underway.

                                                Six players remain in the league and the format has now reverted to two selections from each player including, for the first time iever in MK, an 'artist interview' pick.

                                                So tune in and pep up your Saturday evening!

                                                Voting open until about 8pm tomorrow night.
                                                Last edited by BennyHiFi; 20-03-21, 20:30.

                                                Comment


                                                  Great start.

                                                  Hopefully ze frogz can manage to play for two halves this week.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                  Comment


                                                    Some game this
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

                                                    Comment


                                                      If Peter O'Mahony hadn't lost the head in Cardiff we'd have a Grand Slam in the bag tonight imo.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

                                                        Got me wondering,
                                                        if we organised a get-together today would we even make it a poker event?
                                                        Pints and chicken wings. That's all we need.

                                                        Would be really nice actually.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                          Pints and chicken wings. That's all we need.

                                                          Would be really nice actually.
                                                          Yeah it'd be a bit of craic alright.
                                                          I wouldn't mind a €50 tourney as I generally enjoy a bit of live tourney banter.
                                                          Feck all money in it for the organisers really though. Unless they have a bar.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                            Pints and chicken wings. That's all we need.

                                                            Would be really nice actually.
                                                            Was thinking of the time we just put out a general sounder and ended up with a decent few in some place across from the IFSC at the Busarus Luas stop.

                                                            Me, you, dice, sickpuppy, jibbz, Andy, rigger, luckforsome, denny. Has to be more that I cant think of now. Was a great night.

                                                            Something like that again would be great when things go back to some mind of normal

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              If Peter O'Mahony hadn't lost the head in Cardiff we'd have a Grand Slam in the bag tonight imo.
                                                              Only one stupid missed touch between us and the championship... in theory
                                                              But we'd 100% have bottled it against England today if there was anything on the line
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

                                                              Comment


                                                                Whatever about being an Ireland fan, the capacity of France to self-destruct is spectacular to behold.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                Comment


                                                                  It's glorious madness.
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    COME ON FRANCE

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Scenes
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Scenes
                                                                        Brilliant. Daft. Crazy.

                                                                        Great viewing.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Whatever about being an Ireland fan, the capacity of France to self-destruct is spectacular to behold.
                                                                          This aged well.
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Tres enjoyable

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              I'm exhausted. Felt like a 5 hour match

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                I'm exhausted. Felt like a 5 hour match
                                                                                I thought you were going to lose by 20 after 55 mins tbh. Great comeback, especially after the red.

                                                                                Wales just looked to empty completely and were blatantly cheating and time-wasting so fuck them.
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                  I thought you were going to lose by 20 after 55 mins tbh. Great comeback, especially after the red.

                                                                                  Wales just looked to empty completely and were blatantly cheating and time-wasting so fuck them.
                                                                                  So did I tbh. It seemed like we weren't playing with any intensity until the last 10 minutes. Always amazing to win like this, and not something France has been able to do for a very long time.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Ha ha. It actually brings this back. Lolspurs.



                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      Scrolling back through my liked YouTube vids for some inspiration for the next round of MK and stumbled on this gem from 10 years ago

                                                                                      Jaysus, I was an odd looking guy, 23:20min. Hopefully age has softened some of the edges.
                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        I wonder what we'd all look like then and now, would age be that evident. I see Flushdraw there looking like a kid, and yet if i remember correctly, his actual kid made a guest appearance at the night.
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                          I was thinking about this some more. It strikes me that most people, at least those not on gold-plated DB pensions (who don't have to concern themselves), think of 'retirement' they tend to think of it primarily in financial terms
                                                                                          i.e.
                                                                                          • How much money do I need in my pension pot?
                                                                                          • When will I pay off my mortgage?
                                                                                          • How much will it cost to put kids through college?
                                                                                          etc. And then you can set yourself some targets and work to achieve them.

                                                                                          But we tend not to think about what we'll do with all that.....time. Imagine. You can get up whenever you want. Go to bed whatever time you feel like. Do whatever you want in between (assuming you have your health and some money, this can be a fairly exhaustive menu of options).

                                                                                          Sounds great. Except that's the exact opposite of how you've spent your life up to now - ruled by timetables, deadlines, schedules, projects. It can be incredibly disconcerting for people to have all that structure whipped away. For some reason, this seems to hit men harder - maybe because they tend to tie their own sense of self-worth in with their job. I can think of at least five of my father's contemporaries who, in their working lives would have been considered 'successful', but withered away and died, essentially of self-neglect within a couple of years of retirement. They literally could not adjust from their old life to their new.

                                                                                          Hence why the question 'what am I going to do with all my time?' should probably be the first one you tackle when thinking of retirement.

                                                                                          'Get a dog' might be solid advice!
                                                                                          Some great comments there and in the follow on.

                                                                                          I wonder if the issue is that a super-solid focus on work means you don't put the same effort into keeping a friends network together as they are get caught up together - and then when work finishes, so does the friend network.
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                          Comment



                                                                                            Great day of rugby.

                                                                                            I went from being one point adrift at the bottom of my SuperBru league to two and a half points clear of the bottom.

                                                                                            The Irish/English game was key. In 3 competitions, I've never not backed Ireland even if I knew in my heart of hearts that we weren't going to win. All the others in the league were always way more practical and often bet against Ireland and I was always slagged off for my patriotic acts.

                                                                                            Today was sweet, cold revenge as I was the only one who went for Ireland and combined with Scotland and France wins also gave me an added bonus point of all three results correct.

                                                                                            Serves the dirty West Brits in the group right.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Dirty Brits. It's such a great phrase.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                Great day of rugby.

                                                                                                I went from being one point adrift at the bottom of my SuperBru league to two and a half points clear of the bottom.

                                                                                                The Irish/English game was key. In 3 competitions, I've never not backed Ireland even if I knew in my heart of hearts that we weren't going to win. All the others in the league were always way more practical and often bet against Ireland and I was always slagged off for my patriotic acts.

                                                                                                Today was sweet, cold revenge as I was the only one who went for Ireland and combined with Scotland and France wins also gave me an added bonus point of all three results correct.

                                                                                                Serves the dirty West Brits in the group right.
                                                                                                Post a couple of random tunes that symbolize your glory .

                                                                                                I'm off to bed so no Chumba Wumba

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                  Its looking like EU is going to step in due to the UK boasting too much. 18m doses due to leave the EU for UK in April, I wouldn't be betting on too many of those arriving.

                                                                                                  It's all fighting over nothing anyway. Ireland will be vaccinated within a few weeks of UK even on current schedule, but everyone is overthinking these small delays. E.g. today UK reached 50% first dose. Ireland will reach that by end of April probably. And then the two countries will become even closer as Irish volumes arrive far quicker than UK schedule, as UK is going to dry up next month. It's an outside bet that Ireland will be finished before UK, but its not too much of an outside bet.
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                                                                                    Post a couple of random tunes that symbolize your glory .

                                                                                                    I'm off to bed so no Chumba Wumba
                                                                                                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORifieiZiP4

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                      Jaysus, I was an odd looking guy, 23:20min. Hopefully age has softened some of the edges.
                                                                                                      Ach don't be silly. Everyone thinks they look odd on camera. It's the mirror image of what we're familiar with.

                                                                                                      You look like you, no matter who's looking.

                                                                                                      It's a really great video, pure nostalgia.

                                                                                                      Some craic too that night.


                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                                                                                        Post a couple of random tunes that symbolize your glory .

                                                                                                        I'm off to bed so no Chumba Wumba
                                                                                                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h1J_DVutL-w

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                                                          Ach don't be silly. Everyone thinks they look odd on camera. It's the mirror image of what we're familiar with.

                                                                                                          You look like you, no matter who's looking.

                                                                                                          It's a really great video, pure nostalgia.

                                                                                                          Some craic too that night.

                                                                                                          I'm a ride on camera , people just dont get it.

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                                                            Ach don't be silly. Everyone thinks they look odd on camera. It's the mirror image of what we're familiar with.

                                                                                                            You look like you, no matter who's looking.

                                                                                                            It's a really great video, pure nostalgia.

                                                                                                            Some craic too that night.

                                                                                                            I enjoyed my first game of credit card roulette that night, was far bigger sweat than the poker.

                                                                                                            Showed the vid to the missus and her only comment was, "you used to be skinny?!" lol





                                                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Hadn't noticed just how loopy Eddie Hobbs had gone https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e...-day-kkx53n8r5

                                                                                                              He clarified for Naughton, who repeated the Blofeld comparison, that this wasn’t just the work of Schwab but a highly resourced plan that had been going on for “decades”, and now involved the IMF and European Central Bank. RTE also played a role. “Along comes Covid-19 [and] we all imprison ourselves in our homes,” said Hobbs. “We plug in and listen to Pravda every day — RTE producing its scary numbers. They scare the shit out of everybody to imprison themselves at home.” He compared some RTE correspondents to vampires in Hammer horror films. “All [they] are short of was the make-up and the teeth, and it was clearly designed that way to keep people frightened about what’s going on.”
                                                                                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                                Some great comments there and in the follow on.

                                                                                                                I wonder if the issue is that a super-solid focus on work means you don't put the same effort into keeping a friends network together as they are get caught up together - and then when work finishes, so does the friend network.
                                                                                                                There's another source of time too and that is family. Small children are a hell of a lot of work, even if many of us outsource the creche\afterschool bits. Once they become semi-functioning autonomously (does any parent ever really think their child has grown up?), then that's another piece of your time that is your own again.

                                                                                                                On the friends bit, obvious to say but women are generally far better at maintaining friendships.
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                  E.g. today UK reached 50% first dose. Ireland will reach that by end of April probably.
                                                                                                                  We're at ~480k first doses. Do you really think we hit 2.5m by the end of April?

                                                                                                                  Consider the tragic and ongoing failure that is our current bet before responding.
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                    Scrolling back through my liked YouTube vids for some inspiration for the next round of MK and stumbled on this gem from 10 years ago

                                                                                                                    yeah, that was great craic for sure, but i think the one at the jackpot was definitely on another level. so much fun.

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      I think though the fact that we are bucking the general EU trend of increasing incidence\hospitalisations is something to cling onto...
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                                        We're at ~480k first doses. Do you really think we hit 2.5m by the end of April?

                                                                                                                        Consider the tragic and ongoing failure that is our current bet before responding.
                                                                                                                        It's 2m we need as it's only adults that are being vaccinated. Well there's 500,000 vaccines arriving in the next two weeks alone. 1.5 million vaccines arriving (for definite) in April, and we've switched to a first vaccine only model. It'll be tight, but not that tight to get there. On the other hand UK is going to be standing still for most of April.

                                                                                                                        The issue is we were told all along that it would be April before any volume of vaccines arrived, but then it would nearly all arrive in three months, and we've spent the months of Jan-Mar complaining that it's not April yet.

                                                                                                                        These are cast iron European produced vaccines also, so we're definitely getting them. Mainly from a new Pfizer production plant.

                                                                                                                        There's still a bit of doubt, but I think by the end of April we'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Me mammy is vaccinated so the pandemic is over for me now. Phew.

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X