X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez that Fastway data breech is a lot of info

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I'd say oul Danny boy is poppin a bottle of scabbed champagne tonight.

That girl Linda who was doing all the digging on him had a fair bit of dirt dug up on herself today. Twitter a/c deleted. Cancelled.

Some nasty racist stuff tbh.

Don't fuck with Ciara Kelly if you've anything to hide seems to be the moral of the story.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

That girl Linda who was doing all the digging on him had a fair bit of dirt dug up on herself today. Twitter a/c deleted. Cancelled.

Don't fuck with Ciara Kelly if you've anything to hide seems to be the moral of the story.
        cliffs?
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I saw that!!! Glorious.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

cliffs?
              A couple of months ago she got CK cancelled by claiming that while on her show discussing victims of rape, Ciara blindsided her by bringing up her own rape. She said it was confidential info, and it was how her father learned of it.

Have to admit to it turning my own opinion of CK.

In the background CK obv got a legal team involved.

A couple of days ago Linda posted, without comment, a screenshot of an unreserved apology to CK. In it she admitted that in fact she had been public before that interview, on various different media.

The reaction to her tweet was a further hardening of sentiment towards CK. It read like this was a victim being further abused.

Had my own different opinion, but wouldn't dare voice it.

Then CK's husband got involved and started sharing screenshots of 8 and 9 year old really really bad tweets from Linda. Anti traveller, really bad anti black racist stuff, pics of heroin addicts calling them junkies, basically everything she currently virtue signals against.

Damning stuff.

All her crew circle the wagon defending her, telling her they forgive her, the same people that would shut you or I the fuck down in a heart beat. All white people.

Prominent on twitter black woman calls her out, calls all them out.

She's rounded on by Linda's colleagues in 'Victims Alliance', called a bully. The victim of racism told to stfu by a group called Victims alliance.

Irony dripping and splashing all over the shop.

Then she deleted her account.

Comment

I've defended Danny a few times on there. It's a hard one though as people all come back with those unproven allegations (I don't think hes incapable of extracting money, just think we should be proving that kind of reputation destroyer in court not based on retweets).

Comment

It's one of those big African American women complaints. About white women claiming their victimhood, or blaming white men when POC see the blame as attaching to both genders. It's part of the rise of the Karen phenomenon.

Comment

Glorious with the husband the way he slow rolled her half assed apology knowing what he had in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      I've defended Danny a few times on there. It's a hard one though as people all come back with those unproven allegations (I don't think hes incapable of extracting money, just think we should be proving that kind of reputation destroyer in court not based on retweets).
                      Dunno, it was all enough for me to stop supporting him. Which I had done a fair bit.

Prior knowledge of his behaviour though was the driver of that for me.
                      ​​

Comment

Glorious with the husband the way he slow rolled her half assed apology knowing what he had in the bag.
                        Yeah, he played it so well in fairness.

I read that the other day and thought 'hang on, your story caused me to stop listening to this person, to dislike this person, and it's not true?'

You can't get involved though, you can't start going around challenging rape victims. Fuck that.

Comment

Think this is a bit weird particularly on the forum you're posting on. Surely you're well aware of how little recourse there is if you loan money to someone on a casual basis and they screw you over?

Doke outlined things extensively in his blog. That hasn't been proven in court but there's very little reason to believe it's untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Think this is a bit weird particularly on the forum you're posting on. Surely you're well aware of how little recourse there is if you loan money to someone on a casual basis and they screw you over?

Doke outlined things extensively in his blog. That hasn't been proven in court but there's very little reason to believe it's untrue.
                            But the current thing is that he is going around defrauding 20 women out of €160,000. Its a very different modus operandi given his previous shtick is ingratiating in men's hobbies and that he seems like some sort of recluse. I almost wonder if someone just heard the previous stories and then tried to make it more negative by having a more sympathetic set of victims - gullible women, vs poker degens and mmas

Comment

As in, at the time he was taken down, a lot of vested interests wanted him taken down for his 'don't open up the economy' thing. I wonder the extent to which they are capable of being smart and concocting a story like that. Haven't devoted a lot of thought to the matter though tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Last night I was musing a new behemoth omni-service. You actually choose to have it scrape all your online activity (and maybe even supplement it with answering questions about what you like in different areas), and this massive AI with its data crunching and machine learning will straight up recommend all manner of things to you about all areas of life. From TV and films and music to "here's someone on a dating site we think you'd connect to", to arts to explore , hobbies, careers. Pretty much everything.

Our lives are so hit and miss with our extremely impoverished data sets in our heads, limited crunching capacities, and inability to appreciate correlations between non-obvious things. We're blind punters with the sophistication of the "this number is due" brigade.

Brings to mind a Dylan Moran joke:
                                "...the percentage of adults ages 20 to 24 who did not have sex in the past year increased from 11.67 percent in 2000–2009 to 15.17 percent in 2010–2014... the percentage of sexually inactive men ages 18 to 24 increased from 18.9 percent in 2000–2002 to 30.9 percent in 2016–2018, and the percentage of sexually inactive young women increased from 15.1 percent to 19.1 percent over the same period."

" They point to three primary factors creating the decline. For women, a significant part of it is driven by drinking less alcohol. For men, it seems to be driven by more time spent on video games and living at home longer."

Comment

Dannu, Danny, who the fuck is Danny? (and linda)
                                  airport, lol

Comment

A Hotspuresque titbit. Did you know the Australian Army fought a War against EMUs and lost..1932 . No Rod Hull at the time.

Comment

As in, at the time he was taken down, a lot of vested interests wanted him taken down for his 'don't open up the economy' thing. I wonder the extent to which they are capable of being smart and concocting a story like that. Haven't devoted a lot of thought to the matter though tbh.
                                      I do get that the timing was off in the sense that it surfaced when he'd gotten a degree of prominence (for want of a better word) but it's only natural that someone's victims are going to pop up at the time when someone they believe has wronged them is on a redemptive upswing.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                        Dannu, Danny, who the fuck is Danny? (and linda)
                                        Olden times poker poster on boards, sn RooneyDives & RequiemForADream. Pretty terrible at poker but managed to spin up a few times when poker was easy. Scammed or attempted to scam a few of us. Then forgotten about. Became a very popular twitterer during lockdown under @cares_a_lot or something like that. Then was accused by self-styled 'intersectional feminist' Linda H***** of running bigger scams of over 6 figure sums. She posted here looking for info.

Comment

Linda .....

Barrister who was raised in inner city Dublin.
                                          Driving force behind Victim's Alliance,
                                          ran for Social Democrats in Kildare at last GE.

Has been promoting herself
                                          as an advocate for the down trodden
                                          and seeking a public profile
                                          but tbh has been throwing stones
                                          from inside the glass House.
                                          Last edited by DeeBrown; 12-03-21, 00:25. Reason: Hitch said to .....

Comment

Oh maybe let's not post her actual name. Just Linda maybe

Comment

I just don't want funding diverted from the website maintenance fund to the website legal defence fund
                                              ​​​

Comment

Lisa S. No that's too obvious. L Simpson
                                                airport, lol

Comment

I just don't want funding diverted from the website maintenance fund to the website legal defence fund
                                                  ​​​
                                                  Who's our representative?;I'm thinking Hotspur
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

I do get that the timing was off in the sense that it surfaced when he'd gotten a degree of prominence (for want of a better word) but it's only natural that someone's victims are going to pop up at the time when someone they believe has wronged them is on a redemptive upswing.
                                                    Yeah. I'm maybe just a bit off on him, as I've some sort of sympathy for him gone down such a wasteful route in life. Saw a picture of him as a younger lad and, ah, he looked like a fine fellow, and no amount of scamming since has been able to protect him from himself. It's a bit sad.

I wonder in this case though if it's something a bit dodgier. That she was fed information about him under the guise of victimhood but actually because of his impact in keeping the country shut.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Lisa S. No that's too obvious. L Simpson
                                                      Ah man. A time when TV could do no wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

"...the percentage of adults ages 20 to 24 who did not have sex in the past year increased from 11.67 percent in 2000–2009 to 15.17 percent in 2010–2014... the percentage of sexually inactive men ages 18 to 24 increased from 18.9 percent in 2000–2002 to 30.9 percent in 2016–2018, and the percentage of sexually inactive young women increased from 15.1 percent to 19.1 percent over the same period."

" They point to three primary factors creating the decline. For women, a significant part of it is driven by drinking less alcohol. For men, it seems to be driven by more time spent on video games and living at home longer."
                                                        Those numbers seem way off
                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Re the data breach: a friend of mine works for a company that paid off a massive random to get back control of their system. Wonder how common it is? I remember that conversation on twitter of a hacker advising the admin how to secure the system after he was paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

Those numbers seem way off
                                                            Over\under?
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Most of the tweets saved here https://gript.ie/social-democrat-ele...cist-comments/ In her defence, 'Juju Lips' are a type of candy and I really don't think the misspelling was deliberate. https://www.deliverkosher.com/produc...ulk_soursmooch

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                Most of the tweets saved here https://gript.ie/social-democrat-ele...cist-comments/ In her defence, 'Juju Lips' are a type of candy and I really don't think the misspelling was deliberate. https://www.deliverkosher.com/produc...ulk_soursmooch
                                                                Juju lips is definitely a saying. It's something black related, no?

Comment

Re the data breach: a friend of mine works for a company that paid off a massive random to get back control of their system. Wonder how common it is? I remember that conversation on twitter of a hacker advising the admin how to secure the system after he was paid off.
                                                                  You'd be surprised how prevalent this is. Most breaches will be underreported. There's professional ransom negotiators that you can hire from cyber security firms. Professional hackers are so professional now they offer an after sales service of walking you through the breach and pointing out all your deficiencies. "And if you're not happy with our service bad actors hacking inc won't give you your system back"

A few years back I interrupted a ransomware attack at work. Thankfully I got it very early, it wasn't targeted and not particularly sophisticated. We lost a few hours of data from one of network shares and I had to wipe a few systems. No huge interruption to the business. Now remember all those proposals for security/training projects that kept being turned down? Suddenly a budget became available.

The source turned out to be a local carpenter who had a small website that was compromised. One of our buyers clicked a link on it and downloaded a "font pack needed to view the website properly". These sort of websites were usually built with 1k grants from local enterprise offices. They pay a hundred quid a year to renew the domain and then the site never gets updated. I used a Web tool to scan the site and found a bunch of out of date WordPress plug-ins. They were the likely source of compromise on the first place.

Comment

Oh dear, and for this to happen to the Social Democrats of all the self-righteous, wanky groups out there...delicious.

Comment

Mairead Kate 8.30 Fundalk

Comment

Can people just post 70s rock/punk music every Friday morning from now on. Headphones on and ploughing through the mundane work

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                          Can people just post 70s rock/punk music every Friday morning from now on. Headphones on and ploughing through the mundane work

Comment

did have to google to find out WTF BIPOC was

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

You'd be surprised how prevalent this is. Most breaches will be underreported. There's professional ransom negotiators that you can hire from cyber security firms. Professional hackers are so professional now they offer an after sales service of walking you through the breach and pointing out all your deficiencies. "And if you're not happy with our service bad actors hacking inc won't give you your system back"

A few years back I interrupted a ransomware attack at work. Thankfully I got it very early, it wasn't targeted and not particularly sophisticated. We lost a few hours of data from one of network shares and I had to wipe a few systems. No huge interruption to the business. Now remember all those proposals for security/training projects that kept being turned down? Suddenly a budget became available.

The source turned out to be a local carpenter who had a small website that was compromised. One of our buyers clicked a link on it and downloaded a "font pack needed to view the website properly". These sort of websites were usually built with 1k grants from local enterprise offices. They pay a hundred quid a year to renew the domain and then the site never gets updated. I used a Web tool to scan the site and found a bunch of out of date WordPress plug-ins. They were the likely source of compromise on the first place.

yeah It's quite prevailant.
                                                                              I've caught a few in my place.
                                                                              there was also, quite a lot of willfully destructive ones that don't seem to do anything but overwrite every file and compress/encrpyt.
                                                                              Attack vectors were primarily spoofed emails and dodgy links. That's more or less plugged with ATP.
                                                                              Nmap & OpenVas would be what I use day to day here for pen testing/vunerability scanning.
                                                                              Then maybe a once a quarter intensive track with kali and all those toys.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Oh dear, and for this to happen to the Social Democrats of all the self-righteous, wanky groups out there...delicious.
                                                                                Fucking gript though.
                                                                                I'd be happy if a more reputable news source took it up.
                                                                                Online scandal doesn't really fall under news though maybe

Comment

Fucking gript though.
                                                                                  I'd be happy if a more reputable news source took it up.
                                                                                  Online scandal doesn't really fall under news though maybe
                                                                                  It seems like a fairly open and shut case and she's certainly not fit to run for public office?

No doubt Hitch will be along to tell us how this is an example of cancel culture shortly.

Comment

It seems like a fairly open and shut case and she's certainly not fit to run for public office?

No doubt Hitch will be along to tell us how this is an example of cancel culture shortly.
                                                                                    As a weird double-standard, it turns out that I both hate cancel culture and love proponents of cancel culture being cancelled.

Comment

Starting to wonder now if this type of flawed thinking is in my other deeply held beliefs.

Comment

As a weird double-standard, it turns out that I both hate cancel culture and love proponents of cancel culture being cancelled.
                                                                                        are you sure you're the same person as this person?

You're just mad keen to cancel everyone. All those golfers a few months ago, now students for being students. No acceptance of mistakes, everyone must lose everything. Its like authoritarian snowflakery.

Comment

I got up , did a Pink Panther dance and my wife (on a conference call) mouthed SIT DOOOOOWN.. Probably effected her composure Nobody sits baby the fk down

Comment

In any case, if you win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp, 'cancel culture' will just mean cancelling your job as you'll never need to work again*!

*maybe for a week

Comment

are you sure you're the same person as this person?
                                                                                              oh wow would that qualify ... 'as a weird double-standard?

Comment

Cancel culture does have some obvious highlights, in fairness.

Comment

...
                                                                                                  btw - I'm reading a book that my spy records suggest you read back in September. Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker, and Apprentice to a Dante-Quoting Butcher in Tuscany

Don't know if you remember it, but its quite the epic a read.

Comment

btw - I'm reading a book that my spy records suggest you read back in September. Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker, and Apprentice to a Dante-Quoting Butcher in Tuscany

Don't know if you remember it, but its quite the epic a read.
                                                                                                    It's a great read - your man came across very well too, very self-deprecating but also highly observant

Comment

Anyone that's in the public eye (especially soc dem) that hasn't checked their twitter history deserves the boot.
                                                                                                      ​​​​​​
                                                                                                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Anyone that's in the public eye (especially soc dem) that hasn't checked their twitter history deserves the boot.
                                                                                                        ​​​​​​
                                                                                                        ​​​​​
                                                                                                        Its very straightforward to do also. TweetDelete.com and everything old can be wiped and then can keep up a rolling deletion. Its almost like data that can only be used against you. No-one is digging up past posts to prove you are a nice guy.

Comment

oh wow would that qualify ... 'as a weird double-standard?
                                                                                                          I wouldn't qualify it with 'weird' myself

(weirdly enough, 'weird' is one of the words I always misspell when I type it. Weird.)

Comment

Its very straightforward to do also. TweetDelete.com and everything old can be wiped and then can keep up a rolling deletion. Its almost like data that can only be used against you. No-one is digging up past posts to prove you are a nice guy.
                                                                                                            Also, surely if a mainstream political party is taking on a new candidate these days, they would 100% do this as a form of due diligence. Makes the SDs look like rank amateurs tbf.

Comment

Also, surely if a mainstream political party is taking on a new candidate these days, they would 100% do this as a form of due diligence. Makes the SDs look like rank amateurs tbf.
                                                                                                              That and making sure that all members have the Twitter app removed from their phone and the site blocked so that they need to log onto a computer to post - will avoid the late night and few pints in temptation.

Comment

The anti booze brigade are just so miserable. How dare people enjoy booze responsibly. Fuck off.

Comment

yeah It's quite prevailant.
                                                                                                                  I've caught a few in my place.
                                                                                                                  there was also, quite a lot of willfully destructive ones that don't seem to do anything but overwrite every file and compress/encrpyt.
                                                                                                                  Attack vectors were primarily spoofed emails and dodgy links. That's more or less plugged with ATP.
                                                                                                                  Nmap & OpenVas would be what I use day to day here for pen testing/vunerability scanning.
                                                                                                                  Then maybe a once a quarter intensive track with kali and all those toys.
                                                                                                                  Yeah emails are fairly decently locked down these days but some phishing still gets through. O365 does learn quite well and often retroactively scrubs the email before I even go looking at the ticket. Looked at third party filtering solutions and they don't offer too much extra. I don't have a massive user base and as result have too many hats inc VIP hand-holder. Would love to spend time learning more about security and automation but there's infinitesimally small chance of that happening any time soon.

Thankfully we were all on Win10 so wannacry etc wasn't an issue and we haven't seen anything particularly targeted or advanced knock on wood. Most stuff we've come across had been low level and destructive like you've described. Before I started (yonks ago) I did hear of a whole department (quite important to the business) in another country having their dept specific folders almost completely encrypted for months and no-one reported it. The on-site IT guy (double jobbing in fairness) wasn't swapping backup tapes and there was no tape retention policy to force the tape swaps, so bye bye data. I'd say there was some craic talking through that with auditors.

Comment

The anti booze brigade are just so miserable. How dare people enjoy booze responsibly. Fuck off.
                                                                                                                    Hope that’s not in relation to my post above about keeping drunk politicians off Twitter being a good move for any party.

I whole heartedly approve of responsible and somewhat questionable levels of boozing.

Comment

Fuck Easter.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

That and making sure that all members have the Twitter app removed from their phone and the site blocked so that they need to log onto a computer to post - will avoid the late night and few pints in temptation.
                                                                                                                        Far better to go on Morning Ireland after an all-nighter during a national crisis for maximum impactfulness

One of those things you have to pinch yourself occasionally and go 'yeah, that really did happen'.

Comment

Fuck Easter.
                                                                                                                          Ah it's great for the oul days off in fairness. Praise the Lord for the 4 day weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X