This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I remember my dad getting a 6 pack of stubby bottles with the plunger to aerate it.
    Ha! Memories. As kids we used to steal those out of the Guinness packs in Dunnes and use them as water pistols.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

omg. Didn't realise he would lead with the whole story. omg!

SPOILER
      Attached Files
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Someone needs to do training in Carr pretty pronto.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

As the former holder of the title "fella responsible for the best pint is South London" I concur with this message

SPOILER
          Taps have a "widget" tooo
          I assume what your referring to the restrictor plate. Provides a similar function to the widget but it’s not a widget imo as it doesn’t supply the nitro.

All the superstitious with Guinness seem to have gone out the window.

Comment

Who else amongst you do the weekly shop, haul all 8 bags at once out of the car and when you finally make it inside 5 fingers are borderline in critical blood flow state. Then drop all 8 bags on the kitchen floor for the wife to put away whilst also hmmminhg and hawwwing at what the great hunter gatherer has added to the shopping list that required 4 extra bags. We are the modern cavemen .

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              SPOILER
              Having grumbled about a lack of choice in Irish banking, Mícháé! Dów!ng has seized an opportunity to profit from it by buying shares in AIB. It has been a wise move — so far. The shares were hovering around €1 when he invested in November, using the proceeds from a winning bet on the American presidential election. AIB now trades at twice that level, with much of the gain made since February 19 when it was confirmed that Ulster Bank was to be gradually dismantled by its UK parent, NatWest.

“The announcement means happy days for investors because there’ll be even less competition in future,” said Dów!ng, a professor of money stuff at that place he talks at. “It demonstrates, however, that there’s something desperately wrong with Irish banking.”

His frustrations began in September when he opened an account at KBC Bank after returning to Dublin from a five-year sojourn at the place he used to talk at. He quickly regretted the decision and is switching to AIB — a process that could drag on for up to six weeks.

“The lack of competition creates a crappy mindset within the banks,” according to Dów!ng. “Unless you can switch simply and easily, there’s no incentive for them to change. The Central Bank of Ireland has a code of conduct to make it easier to switch but, according to its latest statistics, only 1,500 people availed of the code in the second half of 2018.”

While all too evident for customers, the lack of competition did not show up in the annual results published last week by the three banks in which the state has a large or controlling stake. AIB, Bank of Ireland and Permanent TSB all finished 2020 in the red and, while they expect to return to profitability this year, pessimism hangs over their future prospects.

NatWest said it was quitting Ireland because it saw no chance of generating “sustainable long-term returns” for shareholders. Bank of Ireland’s chief executive, Francesca McDonagh, said: “NatWest’s departure says a lot about how challenging conditions are in banking in Ireland.”

Francesca McDonagh, chief executive of Bank of Ireland, says digital banking has reached a tipping point
              BRYAN MEADE FOR THE SUNDAY TIMES

Covid-19 is the most immediate challenge, causing the three banks to set aside a combined €2.7 billion in 2020 to cover expected loan losses from customers whose earnings have dried up.

Behind the headline numbers, however, lurk more enduring problems: the eurozone’s ultra-low interest rates, weak demand for credit and high costs. These coalesced to seal the fate of Ulster Bank, according to its chief executive Jane Howard. For the banks that remain, these issues are eroding their earnings just as they are investing heavily to transform themselves into digitally enabled providers able to compete with disruptors such as Revolut.

Migration to digital banking has reached a “tipping point”, according to McDonagh as she confirmed a report by The Sunday Times last weekend that 103 branches were to be axed. Customer traffic in the affected branches has dropped by 60 per cent since 2017, she said, although some of the decline is sure to be reversed once lockdown restrictions are lifted. Shutting branches is about responding to customer preferences rather than saving money, according to McDonagh, even though the move will cut costs by €26 million a year.

AIB has set a more ambitious goal of saving €65 million by 2023 by restructuring its branches, although just five locations have so far been earmarked for closure. Paschal Donohoe, who as minister for finance controls a €29.4 billion investment in the three state banks, rejected suggestions that their traditional business model was broken beyond repair. “There is a way through many of the difficulties that our banking sector is now dealing with,” he assured journalists .

Lower-for-longer interest rates are outside of his control, Donohoe acknowledged, and even serve the greater good of helping governments borrow their way out of the pandemic. The hope in banking circles is that loose monetary policy must eventually stoke inflation, forcing interest rates upwards and giving banks an opportunity to fatten lending margins.

A one-point rate rise would be worth about €220 million a year each for AIB and Bank of Ireland, for example.

Permanent TSB’s new chief executive, Eamonn Crowley, is betting that the structural problems are transitory. He expects an uptick in interest rates and construction activity will have created a more benign environment by the time Permanent TSB is ready to finalise the acquisition of much of Ulster Bank’s retail and micro business lending in the coming years. If he is wrong, he will face a difficult task in convincing Donohoe or his successor to contribute towards a capital injection estimated at up to €850 million that Permanent TSB may need to seal the deal.

“We have to look forward to where the Irish banking system will be in a couple of years,” said Crowley. “It’s hard [to imagine] when you’re in the middle of a pandemic but we believe the situation will be better. We’re in [a situation of] abnormality at the moment.”

Just as the financial crisis of 2008 taught us that some banks are too important to fail, there is a conviction that banks must survive their current woes. “They play a vital role in the economy,” said Sean Smith, a partner in the financial services practice of consultants Deloitte. “They’re key enablers of economic activity.”

Of several levers available to address current problems, cost control offers the surest results. Covid-19 has helped by speeding up the migration to digital banking. Bank of Ireland expects that by the end of this year more than 80 per cent of transactions will occur without human input, up from 62 per cent in 2019.

The growth story is less clear, however. Loan books were contracting even before the pandemic, with customers repaying existing loans faster than they draw down new ones. Smith sees an opportunity in diversification, such as AIB’s acquisition of Goodbody Stockbrokers and its planned joint venture into wealth and insurance with Irish Life. These will reduce AIB’s reliance on shrinking interest income, although it is questionable whether the Goodbody transaction represents true diversification given that AIB used to own the stockbroker before the banking crisis.

In any event, further Goodbody-style deals have been ruled out by the AIB chief executive Colin Hunt.

“We’re done in terms of very large-scale M&A activity,” he said after announcing the bank’s results on Friday. “It’s all announced.”

Consolidation among banks offers another way out, especially as larger institutions should have the critical mass to handle the mounting costs of compliance and regulation. Smith sees the demise of Ulster Bank as an important step in this direction, especially if it allows an enlarged Permanent TSB to become a meaningful challenger to AIB and Bank of Ireland.

“One consequence is that the remaining banks will be bigger, which is not a bad thing,” said Brian Hayes, chief executive of the Banking and Payments Federation Ireland, the industry trade body. “Everything that’s happening at a regulatory level — stress tests, capital requirements, bail-ins instead of bailouts — is leading inexorably to fewer banks throughout Europe.”

Yet bulking up through consolidation can do little on its own to counter the challenge of fintechs cherry picking the banks’ most lucrative segments, such as payments. “The banks claim to be innovative but there’s little evidence of the changes we’re seeing in other markets,” said Peter Oakes, a fintech consultant and former central banker. “They don’t seem to have learnt how to extract value from their branch networks, which are expensive to maintain.”

The big risk for banks is that they will lose control of the most valuable parts of their business to fintechs, leaving them with expensive leftovers that nobody else wants, such as deposit taking and in-branch banking.

This nightmare scenario is already reflected in their share prices, with banks trading at about 40 per cent of net book value. While Dowling is happy with the early gains on his AIB investment, he may have to rely more on patience than luck from here on.
              Last edited by DeadParrot; 07-03-21, 16:33. Reason: Edited for the crawlers
              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Hitch might not want his alter ego spelled out here for the google crawlers.

Comment

SPOILER
                  I want to know how you got your ear into the frame bottom left.

Comment

Ha

Comment

A great day for the BBV with 2 of the regulars getting quoted in the Sunday Papers! One offering a quote on the most reprehensible and offence industries known to man, whilst he other offers his opinion on Horse Racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                        A great day for the BBV with 2 of the regulars getting quoted in the Sunday Papers! One offering a quote on the most reprehensible and offence industries known to man, whilst he other offers his opinion on Horse Racing.
                        I had zoom drinks with one of our leading financial journalists last night and expressed my deep disillusionment with the shocking recent standard of filler quotes and sources of same.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So, if we didn't know anything of Hitch before reading that article, we would now be aware that he is a compulsive gambler with a limited vocabulary.

Comment

Smiths Girl E/W 3.45 Leopardstown

Comment

Eamonn Crowley was my boss in my first banking job, nice guy. Running PTSB must be a fairly depressing job though!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                So, if we didn't know anything of Hitch before reading that article, we would now be aware that he is a compulsive gambler with a limited vocabulary.
                                I've noticed that in my quotes. Think I'm making the mistake of confusing an effective way of talking with what sounds good written down on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                  Guinness drinkers are largely brainwashed tbf.
                                  Fresh pints are great, draught widget cans can’t touch them. But going for takeaway Guinness that’s a few hours old because you believe pub taps are magic. Delusion.

Seen this on instragram. Made me feel sick at the thoughts.
                                  https://www.instagram.com/p/CLSa4--M...=1g2cvukb30oj9
                                  Why would it be a few hours old?

Comment

Mellor is overthinking it again.
                                    Guinness is perfectly fine from a can these days. The worst Guinness I had in Dublin was in Bruxelles and the best many moon ago BEFORE a footie game near Finglas. The Shamrock Inn I think it was called best game of footie ever , the opposition were baffled why we were such high spirited loonies . The Druid chair in Killiney hill is an EPIC pint of Guinness.

Comment

I love the pint in Johnny Foxes.

Maybe the atmosphere helps, it's usually a relaxing Sun afternoon pint.

Actually, pints taste best on a Sunday afternoon.

Comment

I've noticed that in my quotes. Think I'm making the mistake of confusing an effective way of talking with what sounds good written down on paper.
                                        You wouldn't write 'crappy' in a scholarly article.

Also, for the love of God, make sure you agree what is quotable vs what isn't. Having it printed in the paper that you were (and are) punting your balls off isn't a good thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          I love the pint in Johnny Foxes.

Maybe the atmosphere helps, it's usually a relaxing Sun afternoon pint.

Actually, pints taste best on a Sunday afternoon.
                                          When it comes to "good pint" and "bad pint" I think peoples prejudices and things like atmosphere play a part for sure. Like on a Friday after work when you're gasping and that first sup is just gorgeous, you could go to the same pub for the same pint at a different time when you weren't too pushed and it might taste different.

The Guinness thing is hilarious, and I'm guilty of it myself tbf, all the pages on Instagram and such fawning over places that do good Guinness and fellas piling on anyone who mentions a place that does "bad Guinness".

For me, its sitting out west, preferably outdoors but whatever local pub im in will do and the pints are always unreal. They just dont taste the same in the GAA club when I go for 1 or 2 of a midweek evening.

It's all nonsense really innit.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

When it comes to "good pint" and "bad pint" I think peoples prejudices and things like atmosphere play a part for sure. Like on a Friday after work when you're gasping and that first sup is just gorgeous, you could go to the same pub for the same pint at a different time when you weren't too pushed and it might taste different.

The Guinness thing is hilarious, and I'm guilty of it myself tbf, all the pages on Instagram and such fawning over places that do good Guinness and fellas piling on anyone who mentions a place that does "bad Guinness".

For me, its sitting out west, preferably outdoors but whatever local pub im in will do and the pints are always unreal. They just dont taste the same in the GAA club when I go for 1 or 2 of a midweek evening.

Yeah, perfect sense.

It's the same with wine. Atmosphere is so important.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Clean beer line
                                              Clean glass-washer
                                              Temperature controlled cold room

That's pretty much it as far as the actual beer itself is concerned!

However any or all 3 of the above can be undone (in your mind) by personal taste and what you are used to.

One night in the music venue I worked in, a big old lad was being abusive to one of the girls (20-22 ish) about the Stella being shit

I went over and he got hyper aggressive with me

What that Stella there... Ya it's fucking shit you're a fuckin blah blah blah, ive been drinking Stella 20 years and I blah blah blah

Fella, that's a brand new keg, connected to a brand new tap, via a brand new line
                                              All inspected and set up by a guy from Stella yesterday, who said I had one of the best cellars he'd seen in years

Now I don't know what you're used to drinking but if I was you, id be going to my local and asking what kind of shit you had been getting served for the last 20 years
                                              oh and don't speak to my staff like that!

He looked around and a couple of the regulars nodded

Er..Sorry mate, sorry (to the girl) and left... gig had been on 5 minutes

See... personal taste
                                              PMA

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                Guinness is perfectly fine from a can these days.
                                                It might be perfectly fine (it isn’t really though) but there is absolutely no comparison to a freshly poured pint.

Whereas a pint of lager or cider is broadly the same as a can.

Comment

Also, for the love of God, make sure you agree what is quotable vs what isn't. Having it printed in the paper that you were (and are) punting your balls off isn't a good thing...
                                                  Yes on the crappy. I just thought they'd filter out words like that.

The punting bit is perfect imo. Finance is personal and the reason no one connects to it is because everybody makes it boring. That's why the whole country is sitting with all their money in the bank - their brightest idea is a savings account. But as Wallstreetbets showed there's a thirst out there for making money fun again. There would probably be way more engagement with money and saving and investment if people started discussing the fun of it a bit more, like me. Or ... I could just discuss it the exact same way as every other economist and pretend the general public is a finance academic journal audience.

There's refinement needed though. A lot of refinement!

Comment

Let's talk about SIX baby .

Comment

Dont mind this Hitch. The more verbatim the better

Ireland needs their next great public financial wizard. AIB shares, buying & selling homes in Dublin & NFTs.
                                                      Think about thos who paved the way; Eddie Hobbs, David McWilliams, Eoin McKee & now Hitch

Comment

Cadbury Buttons Eggs nine for €9 in Spar.
                                                        Need an excuse, Should I???
                                                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Yes on the crappy. I just thought they'd filter out words like that.

The punting bit is perfect imo. Finance is personal and the reason no one connects to it is because everybody makes it boring. That's why the whole country is sitting with all their money in the bank - their brightest idea is a savings account. But as Wallstreetbets showed there's a thirst out there for making money fun again. There would probably be way more engagement with money and saving and investment if people started discussing the fun of it a bit more, like me. Or ... I could just discuss it the exact same way as every other economist and pretend the general public is a finance academic journal audience.

There's refinement needed though. A lot of refinement!
                                                          I like this idea actually: "money is fun!".

You could get some serious tsunamis of sucker money going with this vibe. You get the mob hyped up, we'll figure out how to fleece them and you get your cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Dont mind this Hitch. The more verbatim the better

Ireland needs their next great public financial wizard. AIB shares, buying & selling homes in Dublin & NFTs.
                                                            Think about thos who paved the way; Eddie Hobbs, David McWilliams, Eoin McKee & now Hitch
                                                            Do you remember the lads from the last boom?

Austin Hughes.
                                                            Dr () Dan MacLaughlin
                                                            Jim Power
                                                            etc

Bunch of absolute shysters. Morgan Kelly called them out and got a bunch of shit dumped on him in gratitude.

Comment

Do you remember the lads from the last boom?

Austin Hughes.
                                                              Dr () Dan MacLaughlin
                                                              Jim Power
                                                              etc

Bunch of absolute shysters. Morgan Kelly called them out and got a bunch of shit dumped on him in gratitude.
                                                              Come on, Morgan got sainted for his efforts. Jim is still surprisingly everywhere.

Comment

I think what we really need is an ISA type scheme along with some form of easier way to invest in SMEs. Would lead to a glorious flow of money into exciting, corrupt, brilliant, nonsensical ideas. People down the pub chatting and arguing passionately about their favourite SME instead of their favourite Britball team. Thats how you get people engaged with their futures. The pension does 90% of the heavy lifting, but getting into money and finding it interesting is what builds the frame. Its the reason I grew up so interested in finance was because my parents were obsessed with penny stocks and what the next big winner was going to be. We need more of those conversations.

Comment

Mmmmmh, Cadburys Buttons.
                                                                  Chocolate for beginners.

Comment

Let's talk about SIX baby .
                                                                    Will Klopp blame the plane and banner creating too much wind today?
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

eamonhonda took a little spin out to your spot for some foraging of wild garlic. A lot of it was still very small shoots so only took a few handfuls of the bigger leaves.

Will defo head back up in another week or two to get a better haul. Have a few ideas for it.

Comment

Come on, Morgan got sainted for his efforts.
                                                                        Apart from the Taoiseach of the day publicly wondering why he didn't commit suicide....

Comment

Apart from the Taoiseach of the day publicly wondering why he didn't commit suicide....
                                                                          well like all good saints the honorific arrived a wee bit belatedly. He only said something that The Economist had been publishing literally every week - they had a table at the back of their magazine showing how overpriced property was and Ireland was always at the top of that league. He didn't also - and you can read the paper to confirm - say that prices were going to crash. In fact he predicted no crash in the study itself. So its a mother teresa style of sainthood - problematic.

Comment

The closing line is a bit of a sly dig, Jaysus.
                                                                            "he will have to rely on patience rather than luck"

HH madly deleting old posts!

Comment

well like all good saints the honorific arrived a wee bit belatedly. He only said something that The Economist had been publishing literally every week - they had a table at the back of their magazine showing how overpriced property was and Ireland was always at the top of that league. He didn't also - and you can read the paper to confirm - say that prices were going to crash. In fact he predicted no crash in the study itself. So its a mother teresa style of sainthood - problematic.
                                                                              This reads a leeeeeetle bit like academic jealousy.

You could be the next guy that The Plain People of Ireland nod their heads at when seeing on the tv and think "him, ah yes, him. He knows his onions."

And then having successfully faked both sincerity and competence, you can get down to the serious business of parting those suckas from their hard-earned.

Big Picture.

Comment

I like this idea actually: "money is fun!".

You could get some serious tsunamis of sucker money going with this vibe. You get the mob hyped up, we'll figure out how to fleece them and you get your cut.
                                                                                Dublin Character NFTs
                                                                                Molly Malone Card is 2ETH, Ronnie Drew 10 ETH
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                  eamonhonda took a little spin out to your spot for some foraging of wild garlic. A lot of it was still very small shoots so only took a few handfuls of the bigger leaves.

Will defo head back up in another week or two to get a better haul. Have a few ideas for it.
                                                                                  Pestoooo. We've found a few spots in North London, so looking forward to doing this year's batch.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This reads a leeeeeetle bit like academic jealousy.
                                                                                      We're not even in the same field!

Comment

It'd be like an Ancient Germanic scholar being jealous of a Medieval Germanic scholar. Ludicrous.

Comment

I took that initially to mean that my type wouldn't fit in there.

The rationale was that we're trying to find somewhere to live, making it somewhat of an essential journey (?). Got off the bus in Donnybrook, walked along the Dodder to Milltown. Into Ranelagh for an omg breakfast bap at the Devlin. Saw a few houses that were for sale, remarked how we need a few hundred k extra earnings on top. Then on to Rathmines. Which seems to still look like a kip? How is it not yet gentrified. Then we made it to Rathgar on an approximate trip towards Kimmage and Terenure, and at that point gave up.
                                                                                          All you need is your coffee to go in a sustainable recyclable cup, not bamboo (soooooo last year). Make a socially distant triangle of friends, in the middle of the footpath obviously and make withering comments about the lack of parking augmented with a penetrating insight into how the ref robbed "our boys" at the weekend.. It doesnt have to make sense as nobody has a clue about the rules anyway.
                                                                                          When crossing the road you are immune to traffic, look neither left nor right. When you teach your Range Rover place your Mortons quiche carefully on the passenger seat and drive the 200 yards home making sure to almost run over anyone with the temerity to even attempt to use a pelican crossing while you're on road.

Comment

It'd be like an Ancient Germanic scholar being jealous of a Medieval Germanic scholar. Ludicrous.
                                                                                            Completely ludicrous indeed. Joe Average would appreciate these subtle differences.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

All you need is your coffee to go in a sustainable recyclable cup, not bamboo (soooooo last year). Make a socially distant triangle of friends, in the middle of the footpath obviously and make withering comments about the lack of parking augmented with a penetrating insight into how the ref robbed "our boys" at the weekend.. It doesnt have to make sense as nobody has a clue about the rules anyway.
                                                                                              When crossing the road you are immune to traffic, look neither left nor right. When you teach your Range Rover place your Mortons quiche carefully on the passenger seat and drive the 200 yards home making sure to almost run over anyone with the temerity to even attempt to use a pelican crossing while you're on road.
                                                                                              I was laughing at this but then realised if you swap 'Mortons' for 'Nolans', then it pretty much describes where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Pestoooo. We've found a few spots in North London, so looking forward to doing this year's batch.
                                                                                                Pesto will definitely be one of things made with it!

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Mellor is overthinking it again.
                                                                                                    Guinness is perfectly fine from a can these days. The worst Guinness I had in Dublin was in Bruxelles and the best many moon ago BEFORE a footie game near Finglas. The Shamrock Inn I think it was called best game of footie ever , the opposition were baffled why we were such high spirited loonies . The Druid chair in Killiney hill is an EPIC pint of Guinness.
                                                                                                    I love Bruxelles never had a bad night there. Had my first drinks with dice75 many moons ago dates always helped it was a bit dark in there. I’d murder a night out there decent music late bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Was only thinking of taking a spin up soon to see if it's nearly ready, I only ran of last year's batch of pesto at about xmas. Making fresh pasta these days so looking forward to a wild garlic tagliatelle with green veg soon.

I also went of a wild garlic /carbonara hybrid that was pretty class, that'll be back too
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Ole got the tactics spot on today, and got the luck at the start.
                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I'd like to support an Irish indie book shop. Can anyone recommend one with a good range, trading online?

​​​​​​
                                                                                                          ​​​
                                                                                                          Always liked the look of the Lilliput press shop, where Spastic Hawk was shot. https://www.lilliputpress.ie/

Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Another $350 snaffled @ 25c 50c last night
                                                                                                            brief but profitable foray (also known as a hit and run ) up to the dizzying heights of 50c $1 ....think I'm getting the hang of this poker lark!

Comment

Went for a walk in Terenure today, a real edge about the place. Saw a fella absolutely off his head on a Caramel Macchiato with Oat Milk.

Ran all the way home, scary stuff out there guys. Stay safe.

Comment

First round of Music King is underway.

New league format should keep things exciting I hope.

Easy first round 'genre' should suit everyone and allow them to bring their A-game.

Still time to join up until 7.30pm tomorrow.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  Went for a walk in Terenure today, a real edge about the place. Saw a fella absolutely off his head on a Caramel Macchiato with Oat Milk.

Ran all the way home, scary stuff out there guys. Stay safe.
                                                                                                                  Literally sprayed mouthful of wine over the table with a lol !

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

I love Bruxelles never had a bad night there. Had my first drinks with dice75 many moons ago dates always helped it was a bit dark in there. I’d murder a night out there decent music late bar.
                                                                                                                    Love it too but not the Guinness. Great spot . Guy I know does the rock bar downstairs. Interesting crowd always there .

Comment

Bryson is box office

Comment

Bryson walking the walk. Pity he's such an unlikable cnut.
                                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Always liked the look of the Lilliput press shop, where Spastic Hawk was shot. https://www.lilliputpress.ie/

Cheers dude. I bought the first in the series off Dubray tonight. There's 17 books I think so I'll spread the love around.

Lilliput don't seem to have it though, maybe they only sell what they publish.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X