Banner Ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    I do want to take a moment to say its brilliant to have you back Raoul. I tried arguing with hotspur when you were away and it just wasn't the same. He just couldn't commit to the same level of absurdity that you can.
    I would pay you the exact same compliment.
    Nobody can turn logic into fallacy quite as well as you can.

    Are you going to take it up with the Dean about the DCU code of conduct and the ability of the university to sanction students for offsite behaviour?
    (I have visions of Homer Simpson and calling him a stupid head here, so if you wouldn't mind recording this exchange for our amusement that would be great)
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

    Comment


      I actually have a genuine question also that I think a few of you could contribute to (raoul, keane, strew, western_sean, shrap to name a few off the top of my head anyway):

      I keep dipping into detective series (to jog your memory of the endless potential, I've read in recent years: a French cop in Paris, a French cop in the quaint countryside, a hard-drinking Swedish cop, or Norwegian, a womanising Italian cop, all manners of American cops, a spy laden British cop, or a dreamy English spires, both a London and a US wizard cop series) - but never quite committing to any particular series. Am just on book one of a series that RDIII is reading and thinking - given there's potentially 50 books ahead - well what are the absolute best detective series - and then use the reading time for those. So, thats a long way of saying, how would ye, or how have people, rated all the different detective series?

      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

      Comment


        Originally posted by hotspur View Post
        'Who did you get put with for your group project Sarah?'
        'Groan, I'm with Larry the convicted rapist who is currently facing new charges of raping 34 women last semester. And Barry who is awaiting trial for kicking Ali to death and uploading it to Tic Too last month.'
        "Lucky you Sarah!
        I got Sammy the Super-Spreader, the guy who hosted that massive street party, the one that led to over a hundred clusters of covid, 50 hospitalisations and 10 deaths"

        "Jesus, I really lucked out with Larry the Rapist and Barry the Murderer! Why wasn't Sammy expelled from the University?"

        "Professor Hitch said it wouldn't be fair for one little mistake to impact the rest of Sammy's life and also it didn't take place on college grounds."

        "Fair enough so. Shame about those dead people all the same."
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

        Comment


          HH have you shagged off campus a covid denying 16 year old ?

          Comment


            RDIII - the meejah reading this thread. I tool a call from the SBP this morning.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

              People get treated according to how they behave. Having a massive street party during a pandemic is incredibly childish behaviour (except that's probably a bit insulting to actual children).

              So, to test your position further (now that you have clarified it so exquisitely):
              1. A student rapes another student in an off-campus apartment. He somehow gets a suspended sentence due to daddy being a judge. Per your position, he should face no consequences from the university and should be allowed continue to attend classes and take exams.
              2. An employee of a company, helpfully wearing his ID badge () attends a riot at, let's say the US Congress, and is filmed engaging in unlawful violence. The company should do nothing about this and he should continue to come to work.
              Agree\disagree?
              It not about should or shouldn't, it's about what precedents, bodies, processes, agreements and contracts exits to allow the Uni to take action, without the student having obvious recourse.

              For example what clear list of off campus convictions \ infractions warrant suspension\expulsion?
              Does the Uni vet students before they are enrolled? They may have preexisting convictions.

              Take the anti-mask demo at the weekend. Are you saying all the working attendees should be sanctioned by their employer? No HR department would even consider going there these days, or risk law suits up the wazoo, and rightly so.

              Unis and employers <> cops. The don't the the resources to effectively investigate, adjudicate or sanction on crime. Would be kangaroo courts for the most part if so.

              If someone is in jail, under house arrest, or subject to a court order in come cases, they won't be attending Uni.

              What services should be denied COVICTED criminals? When do Unis consider records expunged\spent? Shouldn't criminal charges or arrest, warrant action on the part of Unis \ employers?

              Do UL know the particulars of all the students involved in the street party? If not where are the going get this information from?
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

              Comment


                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                I guess you realise the weakness of your argument - that you couldn't use the actual example 'Larry who attended a party last year' (as there's no classes happening this year) in your argument as it would look too weak. Thats a sign of a failing argument right there, when the actual argument is too weak to use so you have to substitute it with absurd examples.
                You misunderstand me. I'm not remotely in favour of kicking students out of college for having that party or firing people for all but the absolute worst of things. People make mistakes and shouldn't unduly have their futures negatively affected by them.

                I am merely making the point that it necessarily has to be an argument of degree rather than a blanket "What happens outside ought not to have any effect." And making an extreme hypothetical is the best way of illustrating the error of holding an extreme view.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by hotspur View Post

                  You misunderstand me. I'm not remotely in favour of kicking students out of college for having that party or firing people for all but the absolute worst of things. People make mistakes and shouldn't unduly have their futures negatively affected by them.

                  I am merely making the point that it necessarily has to be an argument of degree rather than a blanket "What happens outside ought not to have any effect." And making an extreme hypothetical is the best way of illustrating the error of holding an extreme view.
                  ah. yes, sure, that makes sense.
                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                    RDIII - the meejah reading this thread. I tool a call from the SBP this morning.
                    You sprang to mind when I first became aware of the story and could see what an absolute clusterfuck the response was (and is).

                    I reckon you could have picked up a decent few quid doing PR advice these last few days. You could have improved on Davy Russell by 10,000%!
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                      RDIII - the meejah reading this thread. I tool a call from the SBP this morning.
                      Are the SBP the university secret police?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

                        It not about should or shouldn't, it's about what precedents, bodies, processes, agreements and contracts exits to allow the Uni to take action, without the student having obvious recourse.

                        For example what clear list of off campus convictions \ infractions warrant suspension\expulsion?
                        Does the Uni vet students before they are enrolled? They may have preexisting convictions.

                        Take the anti-mask demo at the weekend. Are you saying all the working attendees should be sanctioned by their employer? No HR department would even consider going there these days, or risk law suits up the wazoo, and rightly so.

                        Unis and employers <> cops. The don't the the resources to effectively investigate, adjudicate or sanction on crime. Would be kangaroo courts for the most part if so.

                        If someone is in jail, under house arrest, or subject to a court order in come cases, they won't be attending Uni.

                        What services should be denied COVICTED criminals? When do Unis consider records expunged\spent? Shouldn't criminal charges or arrest, warrant action on the part of Unis \ employers?

                        Do UL know the particulars of all the students involved in the street party? If not where are the going get this information from?
                        Take your questions up with the University - it's their code of conduct. I'm merely pointing out that they can enforce it, and that other universities have indeed done so, including explusion. As can and do employers all the time.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                        Comment


                          The college themselves have to take some responsibility here too. The Limerick party was off campus but was it student accommodation or privately rented digs they're staying in?

                          The on campus accommodation in DCU is party central. Get 2 or 3 videos a week sent into our class group chats on WhatsApp of people from all over the country having parties, 20 or 30 people in a dorm. One lad in particular has put his camera on in break out rooms on zoom during a lecture with a full blown party going on in the room. And has done so several.times

                          The biggest mistake the lads in Limerick made was having it out on a public road instead of in one of their gaffs.

                          Comment


                            Surely the one thing colleges could have done is to close student accommodation and ask students to stay at home seeing as 99% of stuff is online now and they're still charging the full 3 grand in fees so they're not even losing that much money.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by dobby View Post
                              The college themselves have to take some responsibility here too. The Limerick party was off campus but was it student accommodation or privately rented digs they're staying in?

                              The on campus accommodation in UNKOWN LOCATION is party central. Get 2 or 3 videos a week sent into our class group chats on WhatsApp of people from all over the country having parties, 20 or 30 people in a dorm. One lad in particular has put his camera on in break out rooms on zoom during a lecture with a full blown party going on in the room. And has done so several.times

                              The biggest mistake the lads in Limerick made was having it out on a public road instead of in one of their gaffs.
                              yikes. wtf are they doing letting students stay in student accommodation when theres no live classes anyway.
                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                Take your questions up with the University - it's their code of conduct. I'm merely pointing out that they can enforce it, and that other universities have indeed done so, including explusion. As can and do employers all the time.
                                I wonder if any of those codes are actually legal. They just get written up by a committee, they're not legally tested or anything close to that.
                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  I actually have a genuine question also that I think a few of you could contribute to (raoul, keane, strew, western_sean, shrap to name a few off the top of my head anyway):

                                  I keep dipping into detective series (to jog your memory of the endless potential, I've read in recent years: a French cop in Paris, a French cop in the quaint countryside, a hard-drinking Swedish cop, or Norwegian, a womanising Italian cop, all manners of American cops, a spy laden British cop, or a dreamy English spires, both a London and a US wizard cop series) - but never quite committing to any particular series. Am just on book one of a series that RDIII is reading and thinking - given there's potentially 50 books ahead - well what are the absolute best detective series - and then use the reading time for those. So, thats a long way of saying, how would ye, or how have people, rated all the different detective series?
                                  anyway, don't let the bastards distract you from this important ranking exercise.
                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                  Comment


                                    Bryson claims he can drive the PAR 5 at Bay Hill should be fun

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                      Bryson claims he can drive the PAR 5 at Bay Hill should be fun
                                      I saw a video of him attempting it but it was quite windy and didnt get there. In near perfect conditions he can get there.

                                      I suspect he's only attempting it if he's trailing by a few or if he's totally out of contention.

                                      It would be great to see him do it.

                                      Comment


                                        This is great

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                          I saw a video of him attempting it but it was quite windy and didnt get there. In near perfect conditions he can get there.

                                          I suspect he's only attempting it if he's trailing by a few or if he's totally out of contention.

                                          It would be great to see him do it.
                                          He will be right back on the tee box if he fails. Rules quiz. Can he tee it up again or does he have to drop? No Googling.



                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                            anyway, don't let the bastards distract you from this important ranking exercise.
                                            Dont forget detective Robicheaux in New Orleans (I think)
                                            Read a few of them years ago and enjoyed.

                                            Also if you want a compelling series try "The Dark Tower" Stephen King



                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Am just on book one of a series that RDIII is reading and thinking - given there's potentially 50 books ahead - well what are the absolute best detective series - and then use the reading time for those. So, thats a long way of saying, how would ye, or how have people, rated all the different detective series?
                                              I think best is going to be very subjective. Especially when it's a genre know for churning them out.
                                              I enjoyed the Alex Cross books I read. But didn't finish the series. Patterson definitely churns them out. Got maybe 8 books into the series, was 10 years ago, must be over 20 now.
                                              Patterson has another long series. Women's Murder club.
                                              For some reason just feel you need something uber long at the rate you get through the pageturners.

                                              Trying to think what series has 50 books?
                                              May not have been literal

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

                                                He will be right back on the tee box if he fails. Rules quiz. Can he tee it up again or does he have to drop? No Googling.

                                                No idea if im right but id have taken it as a drop in a drop zone near tee box?
                                                airport, lol

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                  I think best is going to be very subjective. Especially when it's a genre know for churning them out.
                                                  I enjoyed the Alex Cross books I read. But didn't finish the series. Patterson definitely churns them out. Got maybe 8 books into the series, was 10 years ago, must be over 20 now.
                                                  Patterson has another long series. Women's Murder club.
                                                  For some reason just feel you need something uber long at the rate you get through the pageturners.

                                                  Trying to think what series has 50 books?
                                                  May not have been literal
                                                  It's Spenser. Has 48 in the series. I'm just on number 1. Its a reasonably consistent one a year starting in the 1970s. Not sure how they manage the aging of the detective in the series, maybe he stays the same age.
                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                    This is great

                                                    Great VID, if I did twitter I would advise them to convert to NFT!

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                      I think best is going to be very subjective. Especially when it's a genre know for churning them out.
                                                      I enjoyed the Alex Cross books I read. But didn't finish the series. Patterson definitely churns them out. Got maybe 8 books into the series, was 10 years ago, must be over 20 now.
                                                      Patterson has another long series. Women's Murder club.
                                                      For some reason just feel you need something uber long at the rate you get through the pageturners.

                                                      Trying to think what series has 50 books?
                                                      May not have been literal
                                                      definitely very subjective. The only series i read religiously is the Adamsberg series by Fred Vargas (only 11 of them so far).

                                                      After that, it's a genre i'm happy to jump in and out without feeling the need to read them in order (ie some of the connelly novels),as they make for great summer reading.

                                                      love one offs though like "i am pilgrim" but they seem to be few and far between at that standard.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

                                                        He will be right back on the tee box if he fails. Rules quiz. Can he tee it up again or does he have to drop? No Googling.


                                                        I've done this attempt myself successfully.,
                                                        albeit that was in Wii golf.
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                                        Comment


                                                          Sammy at least sounds like the most fun to work with.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

                                                            definitely very subjective. The only series i read religiously is the Adamsberg series by Fred Vargas (only 11 of them so far).

                                                            After that, it's a genre i'm happy to jump in and out without feeling the need to read them in order (ie some of the connelly novels),as they make for great summer reading.

                                                            love one offs though like "i am pilgrim" but they seem to be few and far between at that standard.
                                                            I remember hearing a guy waxing lyrical about Monbalciano (sic), the Italian one. And feeling envious of his deep connection to that series. I want to find that! I feel you have that a bit to Vargas. Keane to Harry Dresden maybe. Raoul or Strew has some Norwegian or Swedish or Finnish guy - can't remember exactly. While I'm flitting between ideas and not really soaking up any one existence.
                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                              I wonder if any of those codes are actually legal. They just get written up by a committee, they're not legally tested or anything close to that.
                                                              Come on, take up these concerns - we all want the 'hey Dean! You're a stupid head! And your code of conduct is stooopider!" recording...get on it stat
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by dinekes View Post

                                                                Front dimmer bulb a bitch to replace. Tail light/reg light handy enough to replace in my car anyway.
                                                                WD40 for the wiper stalk (great stuff altogether, sorted squeaky hinges in apartment and apartment building common entrance door which had been annoying me while I was at it)

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by dinekes View Post

                                                                  Front dimmer bulb a bitch to replace. Tail light/reg light handy enough to replace in my car anyway.
                                                                  WD40 for the wiper stalk (great stuff altogether, sorted squeaky hinges in apartment and apartment building common entrance door which had been annoying me while I was at it)

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    He has to drop I think. But he’s be dropping either two club lengths from where it entered, or on a line with entry point and flag?

                                                                    I don’t think he can retee the ball? Trying to think of situations where Id have used that rule.

                                                                    If he makes it across and it dribbles back into water he can drop on far side.
                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      I see Raoul moving goalposts again today under the flag of logical supremacy.
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                        It's Spenser. Has 48 in the series. I'm just on number 1. Its a reasonably consistent one a year starting in the 1970s. Not sure how they manage the aging of the detective in the series, maybe he stays the same age.
                                                                        He does age, as do the other constant characters. His black gangster-with-ethics sidekick Hawk and he have some great, very un-PC dialogue.

                                                                        "Brock Rimbaud?" I said.

                                                                        "Don't sound like no brother," Hawk said

                                                                        "Maybe he changed his name," I said. "Trying to pass."

                                                                        "What you think his real name is?" Hawk said.

                                                                        "Old Black Joe?" I said.

                                                                        "Mostly they ain't naming us that no more," Hawk said.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Miss Honey Ryder 4.12 Taunton

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                            I remember hearing a guy waxing lyrical about Monbalciano (sic), the Italian one. And feeling envious of his deep connection to that series. I want to find that! I feel you have that a bit to Vargas. Keane to Harry Dresden maybe. Raoul or Strew has some Norwegian or Swedish or Finnish guy - can't remember exactly. While I'm flitting between ideas and not really soaking up any one existence.
                                                                            Montalbano? Sicilian detective with personality issues and a serious food obsession? Great series, although like most of the genre the plots tend to get in the way of the dialogue, the descriptions of meals (which tend to be epic in this series) and the way he tortures himself by not having sex with a procession of hawt wimminz.
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                              I see Raoul moving goalposts again today under the flag of logical supremacy.
                                                                              shush child. The adults are talking.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                He has to drop I think. But he’s be dropping either two club lengths from where it entered, or on a line with entry point and flag?

                                                                                I don’t think he can retee the ball? Trying to think of situations where Id have used that rule.

                                                                                If he makes it across and it dribbles back into water he can drop on far side.
                                                                                You can re-tee if you are taking stoke and distance, and your original shot was from the teeing ground. You would have done it loads on par 3s over water with no DZ.
                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

                                                                                  You can re-tee if you are taking stoke and distance, and your original shot was from the teeing ground. You would have done it loads on par 3s over water with no DZ.
                                                                                  Good to know! Most courses I've played would offer a dropzone for this exact reason I suspect.
                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                    shush child. The adults are talking.
                                                                                    Oh, I see we are back with the insults too. The mask is slipping.
                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Straight in the drink . He has a retee option . Standard ?

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Theresa View Post

                                                                                        Oh, I see we are back with the insults too. The mask is slipping.
                                                                                        You get what you give. When you have an original thought of your own, then you can waddle out of the sandpit and take off your nappy with the big boys.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by Mellor View Post

                                                                                          Not to suggest Hungarian isn't ridiculously hard. I think the above might not be the best metric as languages are related (or unrelated) and we all have some base to start from.
                                                                                          When you gave portugese a go, previous experience in French or another of the Romance languages was a head start. Even english is technically part of the same indo-european language family as French/German/Spanish/Italian along with a few hundred others. Plus there's the exposure side, but I've pick up a number of words over the years from TV/Movies or whatever.

                                                                                          Hungarian is an entirely different family. It's not distance cousin or whatever. It's a different species. I'd wonder if a Finnish speaker would pick it up faster. As Finnish is also in that reject family.
                                                                                          Difficulty in learning a language is indeed based on your initial language, so there are different grades depending on that. When I refer to something being easier or harder it means for a native English speaker, so for us Spanish is very easy and in particular compared to somebody that was a native Mandarin speaker or some such. However in you example (must ask my gf) I believe even Finnish is so different to Hungarian that it is more like the difference between English and Russian, both Indo-European languages, but incredibly different, grammar may be similar I think. They are on different branches of the family but very distant. For her I think something like Japanese is much easier to learn than English, and for us, both Japanese and Hungarian are quite hard. I should ask her more, she has a languages degree. I think English is quite difficult for them too of course, different species like you say.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                            Miss Honey Ryder 4.12 Taunton
                                                                                            Never stopped believing !!!
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                              Miss Honey Ryder 4.12 Taunton
                                                                                              Thanks once again!!

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                Miss Honey Ryder 4.12 Taunton
                                                                                                Dancer!
                                                                                                PMA

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                  Miss Honey Ryder 4.12 Taunton
                                                                                                  Great tip thanks!

                                                                                                  I assume Dicey didn't get on it
                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                    Miss Honey Ryder 4.12 Taunton
                                                                                                    Cheers! Some strike rate. Was sorely tempted to go all in but BR management reared its ugly head.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                      You get what you give. When you have an original thought of your own, then you can waddle out of the sandpit and take off your nappy with the big boys.
                                                                                                      Did I insult you?
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Theresa View Post

                                                                                                        Did I insult you?
                                                                                                        Not enough clearly. He's still going.
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Theresa and Raoul the only honourable way to resolve this is to compare scores on this game of pinning the biggest 150 countries on a world map.

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                            Theresa and Raoul the only honourable way to resolve this is to compare scores on this game of pinning the biggest 150 countries on a world map.
                                                                                                            you bastard, there goes the evening (when I was supposed to be teaching my daughter trigonometry, hmm maybe benefits)
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Theresa View Post

                                                                                                              Did I insult you?
                                                                                                              Just calling you out in that your modus operandi is to jump into a debate, not to contribute anything but to throw a dig at me for some reason

                                                                                                              e.g. your first learned contribution today:

                                                                                                              Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                              I see Raoul moving goalposts again today under the flag of logical supremacy.
                                                                                                              So as I say, childish and snippy in tone with no actual contribution to offer.

                                                                                                              Develop some thoughts of your own and then you can escape the creche. Maybe you're thick enough not to know what you're doing and I should give you the benefit of the doubt, but I don't feel you deserve it.
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Some young students from a University somewhere
                                                                                                                Partied in lockdown "were young sure!"
                                                                                                                Dont care how many we kill
                                                                                                                Sure we had a great thrill
                                                                                                                And we know there will be no censure

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                                  Just calling you out in that your modus operandi is to jump into a debate, not to contribute anything but to throw a dig at me for some reason

                                                                                                                  e.g. your first learned contribution today:



                                                                                                                  So as I say, childish and snippy in tone with no actual contribution to offer.

                                                                                                                  Develop some thoughts of your own and then you can escape the creche. Maybe you're thick enough not to know what you're doing and I should give you the benefit of the doubt, but I don't feel you deserve it.
                                                                                                                  I don’t think that’s my modus operandi, I’ve been posting here for years, some snippy, some childish, some helpful, some nonsense. That’s the internet.

                                                                                                                  Speaking of MO’s, I don’t have the arrogance to believe that all my thoughts are somehow original or unique.
                                                                                                                  And in terms of not knowing what your doing, no one was arguing whether the University had the right to enforce their code of conduct, people were making the point that their code of conduct shouldn’t include things outside the university, like street parties off the university campus.

                                                                                                                  Rightly or wrongly, I don’t have an opinion really but it’s always lovely to see you move the goalposts and then argue logical superiority.

                                                                                                                  Insult me away. Water off a ducks back.
                                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Is there a multiple like button somewhere

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                      Theresa and Raoul the only honourable way to resolve this is to compare scores on this game of pinning the biggest 150 countries on a world map.
                                                                                                                      97% on 8.55 is the score to beat

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by mcnugget View Post

                                                                                                                        97% on 8.55 is the score to beat
                                                                                                                        The really tiny places fucked me up, like fucking El Salvador and Guinea-Bissau. Like I know where they are but can I get the mouse to click exactly the right pixel...I cannot. Once you get half the deck filled in, you can fly it.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          I misclicked and got a yellow on Australia.

                                                                                                                          Froze on the phone halfway through.

                                                                                                                          Got a lot wrong but knew the general area, the only one I was way out on was Guyana. Clicking shit 5000 miles away.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X