This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Grayson Perry's art club on Channel 4 is a proper little gem of a programme. He's a very impressive dude
    I can't stand the chap. Probably reminds me too much of the deliberately ugly drag scene in Dublin 30 years ago. Tiny pic pot isn't helping.
    Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I can't stand the chap. Probably reminds me too much of the deliberately ugly drag scene in Dublin 30 years ago. Tiny pic pot isn't helping.
      Bigger pic doesn't really help much its one of those things that you'd need to see in the flesh. The whole Claire alter ego thing is a bit out there until you hear him talk about it.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Must be a particularly tough time for them. No other movement to hide stuff in.

Was just thinking the other day that the guards would probably be reasonable in being suspicious of anyone going to an ATM. What use would anyone have for cash other than coke and hookers, and illegal builders.
        When I worked in a pub on the river near Fulham/Chelsea, on warm weekends various Tarquins would rush to the bar impatiently looking for cash back
        Almost always £50
        Loudly! so basically announcing to the whole pub what was going on

You need to buy something to get cashback... buys a round and runs out door

Id follow them out the door, watch them talk to some lad on a scooter and walk back towards to pub with a big smile on their face

Where you going?... Back in the pub

No you're not! .... But but

Fella, you did that in front of the whole pub, not exactly leaving us a choice, Im supposed to call the police but if you fuck off now... er thanks

Drinks still sitting on the bar

That or 5 of them going to the toilet at the same time like kids running after the icecream truck

The complaints about baby oil on various parts of the toilets were always fun

How do you know there is baby oil on that?... Would you like to leave now?

Not sure if cocaine is a drug that makes you a fucktard, or a drug you take because you're a fucktard, but it defiantly is a fucktards drug!
        PMA

Comment

I remember a member of staff (coke head) smugly started giving myself and another manager(absolutely everything head) shit about this once

What if someone quietly goes to the toilet, does coke off their phone and doesn't make a scene, what you going to do?

Two of us looked at each other and started laughing , er nothing, hope they enjoy themselves
          PMA

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
            Pretty impressive amount to be shipping in the one go
            According to estimates of consumption from drug charities that haul amounts to nearly three years worth of consumption for the whole of London

Comment

This is what an NFT worth $6.6 million looks like.

https://www.artnews.com/art-news/new...le-1234584701/
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

It's a pity no one will ever be able to make an actual documentary about it. Watching the route from farm, to processing, to logistics through all the various levels and pay offs, all to fall off some eejits key in a toilet in Dublin. Would make interesting viewing.
                Last edited by Denny Crane; 26-02-21, 22:07.

Comment

Won €4 on the mills hupppp
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

seems like a bit of an amateur play to have it all in one consignment

Speaking of which, I'm sure Lao Lao could tell us some tales...
                    In almost 25 years of doing this lark, I've actually only ever had three dodgy shipments.

All three had the same M.O. All prepaid shipments, all consigned to an actual bona fide company here in Ireland. All three had a lad call the office a few weeks before arrival to tell us he was an engineer/contractor/working on a special project and that the incoming container was needed for his work. He would always be regularly out of the office so best to get him on the mobile and he'd co-ordinate everything.

On the fist two shipments, (counterfeit cigarettes and drugs) we just got a call from Irish customs to say the cargo had been removed from the container in Rotterdam by Dutch customs but they had let the empty container come through to Dublin to try catch the importer. We were told to play along with the delivery and never heard of the outcome. Fairly easy from our point of view although we did have very good fun with the cigarette shipment that I'll come to later.

The 3rd shipment was not so pleasant. We had two very senior customs officers arrive into the office unannounced and they requested a private meeting with me and the person looking after the shipment (I was the Agency Manager at the time) There was a tension in the air and you could tell this was serious. They asked questions and took notes but never gave anything away. At the end of it, they advised that me and anybody involved in the shipment to take a different route home every evening after work for the next week or so and to remain vigilant. Alarm bells were ringing in my head and I pushed for more info. I mean, you can't leave on that kind of message. The two customs officers looked at each other, gave each other a nod and said 'All we can say is, north of the border, if you catch my drift' and with that, they were gone. Thankfully, nothing ever happened but it didn't stop me checking under my car every day for about two weeks and being paranoid if a car was behind me in traffic for more than 30 minutes.

On the cigarette shipment, we had great craic. The lad who was looking after the shipment was the office practical joker. Absolutely lovely guy (am still friends with him) but he caught everybody out in the office repeatedly, not in a bad way at all, was genuinely good fun. When we got word that the shipment was counterfeit cigarettes, I got an idea to get back at him. The next day, a 'taxi driver' dropped in and paid some local charges in cash, it was about 500 quids worth so it was totally out of kilter for a legit company to pay charges like that. The next day, the contractor, Nick, called asking if we could deliver the container. We had to go along with it so another taxi driver dropped in more cash to cover the cost, with the delivery booked for the next day. I started to wind up the lad I worked with.

'Nick's taxi driver knows your face'
                    'They're going to know that you knew the container was empty and goods was seized'
                    'They might think you were in on ratting them out'
                    'They probably followed you home to keep tabs on you'
                    'They might even think you pocketed the cash as you knew it was a fake shipment so you owe them'

It went on and on for a full day and early on the next day ahead of the 10:30am delivery.

At 10:40, I got my supervisor to go to one of the offices upstairs and ring in to the office, I made sure I took the call. The lad looking after the shipment, let's call him Tim (not his real name) was on a call.

All he could hear was me saying

'Hi, No, Tim is on a call at the minute'
                    'Where are you calling from Nick'
                    'No, he's actually on a call'
                    'Ok, calm down Nick, why are you shouting me?'
                    'Sorry Nick, there's no need to be screaming abuse at me, Tim is genuinely on a call'

I really hammed it up.

Tim hung up his call and I put Nick on hold. 'Tim', I said, 'Nick is on here. he is fucking livid, he said you have screwed him, that you are a snitch, he knows where you live and you wants to know what you've done with his stuff;

The blood drained out of the poor lads face. He ran upstairs to our boss asking what to do (he was in on the wind up) and told him, he'd have to take the call and front it out. Tim returned to his desk, took about 6 seriously deep breaths to try psych himself up and then I transferred the call to him. As he picked up the phone, the whole office pissed themselves laughing.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                    Maybe that's just the bit they left for plod to find whilst the big consignment went out on the other truck.
                    It was generally a 10% hit rate for customs. For every shipment they caught, 9 others got in and pretty much every single one caught is intelligence based, they don't just happen to stumble across it. That always led cynical me to believe that the people running the show were deliberately leaking the info somehow but maybe I've just watched too much TV.

Comment

I've always imagined V for V would be happy to manage it (part time) for a good while for about 2% of the gross.
                      I’d only charge mates rates of 1% for anyone from IPB. I think the real issue is not managing the money but managing the disbursement to friends and family. The actual money management piece would be very easy.
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                        This is what an NFT worth $6.6 million looks like.

Time to break out the MSPaint
                        PMA

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Maybe that's just the bit they left for plod to find whilst the big consignment went out on the other truck.
                          How much did the plod take for personal use?
                          How much did they take to sell?
                          PMA

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

I’d only charge mates rates of 1% for anyone from IPB. I think the real issue is not managing the money but managing the disbursement to friends and family. The actual money management piece would be very easy.
                            Would they not just have a list of 1%ers or whatever that were part of the "syndicate"?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              Won €4 on the mills hupppp
                              Fiver won here m8.

Your prize is shit.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

pfth...2x€4 return on €21....almost as good as a weeks punting on PP.
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Would they not just have a list of 1%ers or whatever that were part of the "syndicate"?
                                  I've been told that's the way it works but maybe it's changed to avoid people doing exactly this.

Comment

I see Ireland have finally seen the light. All 7 starting backs from Leinster. Plus 4 of the forwards and 4 of the replacements.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I was carrying home two takeaway Guinness last night, it garnered an unnerving amount of attention and looks down the street.

Comment

If De gea plays against Chelsea and Giroud plays for Chelsea. He is a model for 1st goalscorer. Worth a tenner ( yes 2 fivers)

in other news. Never heard of this place. Looks amazing

Comment

I was carrying home two takeaway Guinness last night, it garnered an unnerving amount of attention and looks down the street.
                                          There was definitely a bit of a buzz about the place last night.

I left work around 8 and there was a few people hanging around the Bernard Shaw. I cut up through St William St and there was about 20 people hanging out on the steps of Powerscourt plus a few others dotted about the street.

There was probably half a dozen people outside the Barge and about a dozen on the opposite side of the bridge down along the wooden jetty. Similar in Ranelagh village, there was a few small groups of people just off the main street hanging around.

I reckon the dry weather over the last few days plus an increase in temperatures combined with people really fed up with this lockdown had people coming out. It was nowhere the numbers or the shenanigans of pre Chrsitmas but was definitely a bit of a buzz around.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I left work around 8 and there was a few people hanging around the Bernard Shaw. I cut up through St William St and there was about 20 people hanging out on the steps of Powerscourt plus a few others dotted about the street.

There was probably half a dozen people outside the Barge and about a dozen on the opposite side of the bridge down along the wooden jetty. Similar in Ranelagh village, there was a few small groups of people just off the main street hanging around.

I reckon the dry weather over the last few days plus an increase in temperatures combined with people really fed up with this lockdown had people coming out. It was nowhere the numbers or the shenanigans of pre Chrsitmas but was definitely a bit of a buzz around.

Its probably grand also given the corona numbers are low enough.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Its probably grand also given the corona numbers are low enough.
                                              I wouldn't call 773 new cases low numbers?

Comment

Win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you could fund your first consignment in the exciting industry of cocaine distribution.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Fiver won here m8.

Your prize is shit.
                                                  You didn't do the plus, did you? You MUG.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Is there anything to be said for bringing back The Black & Tans?
                                                    PMA

Comment

lol I know, my wife said the same thing.

I asked for it for the first time ever last week after reading about Ed winning those four monkeys.
                                                      ​​​
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The last time I collected off a lotto ticket in a shop I knew the girl to say hello to

OOOH you won 6 Euro

No, I lost 9

She looked at the ticket, laughed and said ya.... there all in on it I tells ya
                                                        PMA

Comment

Why play Sexton today? I just don't get it.

Comment

Nice day for a protest

Comment

Comment

Should get the horses in to riot charge them. Scumbags to fire projectiles in Guards faces.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

EvPutCXXAAQ4o4G?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                    Should get the horses in to riot charge them. Scumbags to fire projectiles in Guards faces.
                                                                    Id have no issue with that scumbag in white getting a couple of rounds shot into him. A firework in the eye easily blind a person. Its basically a little explosive device should have caught him and caved his head in.

Comment

^^^
                                                                      I didn't even notice the can of Heino until someone pointed it out to me.

Comment

Spoiler that shit, Kayroo's heart will brake.

Comment

I know rugby prides itself on the respect the ref thing. But sometimes they do need to be repeatedly called 'useless cunts' to their face.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            I know rugby prides itself on the respect the ref thing. But sometimes they do need to be repeatedly called 'useless cunts' to their face.
                                                                            Oh come on. The face on Eddie Jones!
                                                                            A thing of rare and pricless beauty.

To produce a picture like that and bring so much joy to so many, these match officials are great artists.

And there's the salt in the wound right at the end. Sheer poetry.

Comment

Scumbag to do list..

1. Dont feed Rocko as fightin later
                                                                              2. Get me bet down
                                                                              3. Pick up fireworks from Jonno
                                                                              4. Google how to get ta Stephens green
                                                                              5. Cordoneight......cordin....tell the lads meet me Harcourt st
                                                                              6. Bring matches
                                                                              7. 8 Cans for 10 in Spar, VIP get Tanya to pick up 2 packs
                                                                              8. Shoot some pigs..ha ha
                                                                              9. Hit Tanya a slap for forgetting cans
                                                                              10. Hit Tanya a slap anyway..keep her in loine like

Comment

You'd easy know John Higgins missus picks his walk out music for him!

Comment

Wales having the jammiest season ever?

Comment

Ugh, de mudder just rang me to say the beach cabin we spent a month of the summer in every year as kids burned down last night. My grandfather built it before WW2 and it belongs to my uncle now, whose son died of cancer last summer. Truly shit sequence of events.

Comment

I thought Guinness had stopped brewing. I know kegs have a month past their sell by date as long as there in a cold/cool room. Presume they were fine anyway. Just jealous.
                                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

I thought Guinness had stopped brewing. I know kegs have a month past their sell by date as long as there in a cold/cool room. Presume they were fine anyway. Just jealous.
                                                                                        A lad I know got one of these ultrasonic jewellery cleaners to use with the Guinness surger cans, he says its perfect.

Comment

A lad I know got one of these ultrasonic jewellery cleaners to use with the Guinness surger cans, he says its perfect.
                                                                                          Ha haven't seen one of those in years. I remember going to a Celtic & Rangers match in Parkhead about 10 years ago. Early kick off on a Sunday so pubs weren't open. We ended up in some ole wans shed out the back of her house. Nice old shebeen with flat screen tvs and a small pool table. She sold cans of Guinness at a premium price cos she ran them through one of those surge machines.

Comment

Where was doing takeaway pints Denny. Could find myself in the city next week on some essential business and a liquid lunch would be ideal

Comment

In the news for the wrong reasons again. Seen the photo myself... Doesn't look real to me but I'm probably biased.

IHRB promises quick investigation of disputed Gordon Elliott image The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board (IHRB) is investigating a disputed image of Gordon

Comment

Twink, I knew it... Screenshot_20210228-074628_Twitter.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                  Emmet any chance you're going again on the snap - have a double buggy to shift
                                                                                                  Whilst I suspect we won't be leaving her as an only child, I think pandemic + international move + baby + house purchasing in one calendar year is enough stress.

Expecting a pause to re-assess / reduce the greying.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                    Where was doing takeaway pints Denny. Could find myself in the city next week on some essential business and a liquid lunch would be ideal
                                                                                                    https://www.rodybolands.com/

Comment

Headed out at 6 o'clock yesterday evening to collect food from clanbrassil House. Our route takes us out of Ranelagh, over the canal at The Barge, down Charlemount St, onto South Circular, left towards Harolds Cross, then up to the canal, and left along it back to Ranelagh.

There was about 200 people either side of the bridge at The Barge with the vast majority boozing.

When we turned back onto the canal, there was huge numbers of people walking towards us which seemed a bit odd. It was only when we got down to Portobello, that we saw three Garda cars and a Public Order van along with dozens of Gaurds dispersing huge crowds of people most with bags of cans. There was way more people around Portobello than at The Barge.

There was also a full on proper party going on in the local park last night. They were as loud as fuck.

Last edited by Lao Lao; 28-02-21, 10:10.

Comment

Smashing, a bit further out than I'd like but sure hope for a bit of sun and have a sit and a pint outside. Ty

Comment

Great Bear 4.30 Naas

Comment

In the news for the wrong reasons again. Seen the photo myself... Doesn't look real to me but I'm probably biased.
                                                                                                            I thought it looked a little shopped myself. His left ear in it for example. But who knows.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Would have thought his team or fans would have found the original photos to discredit that one by now. His tweet wasn't exactly a denial either.

Is it a hatchett job by someone else or a couple of acts of stupidity?

Comment

On Prime last night, Tales from the loop popped up, said id watch one and head to bed at midnight. It was closer to 5am when i went, couldent turn it off.

Beautifully shot and a score that reminded me of Leftovers, nice sci-fi feel to it.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I thought it looked a little shopped myself. His left ear in it for example. But who knows.
                                                                                                                  I became aware of this old picture circulating on social media late last evening. I deeply regret and unreservedly apologise for this photo which was taken over 4 years ago. The animal suffered a cardiac aneurysm on the gallops when I made this momentary but deeply regretted lapse of judgment. As everyone who has ever visited my yard will for, horse welfare and care comes first, second and third in my life and my profession. I live for and love all the animals in my care and this devotion is mirrored daily by each and everyone of my cullentra team.
                                                                                                                  I have been in contact with the I.H.R.B who are investigating this regrettable event and I will assist them in any way I can. I sincerely and unreservedly apologise for this moment of stupidity on my part.

Gordon Elliott.
                                                                                                                  Not shopped so
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Not shopped so
                                                                                                                    Hard to find the words. 'Stupid' definitely doesn't cover it.

Comment

Will be interesting to see who does and doesn't move their horses.

Comment

Will be interesting to see who does and doesn't move their horses.
                                                                                                                        Absolutely no one imo

Comment

Absolutely no one imo
                                                                                                                          It'll have some serious blowback imo.

We should have a sidebet on this.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X