This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Resident Alien, a new series, might be right up a few alleys.

First episode is decent.

The first seven minutes are in this clip and it starts ridic strong.

yeah it's really good.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

DeadParrot - I presume you will be the 1st person online for this one

THE IRISH TIMES
      Dear XXXXX,

Join us on Thursday, March 11th at 7.30pm for an exclusive interview with nutritionist, model and TanOrganic Brand Ambassador Rosanna Davison.

Sit down and put your feet up as Irish Times columnist Jen Hogan chats to the new mum of three for an open and honest conversation on family, the challenge of balance in life, pregnancy, keeping fit during pregnancy, nutritional foods to eat, tips on coping with pregnancy in a pandemic, self-care & life as a new parent.

Each attendee will receive a voucher redeemable on online orders from TanOrganic and, on the night, we’ll give away a TanOrganic hamper to one lucky attendee. Each attendee will get a €5.00 voucher redeemable on TanOrganic.

Best wishes,
      The Irish Times

* TanOrganic voucher not valid on minis or tanning accessories
      ** No refunds.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
        I had a look on his wife's instagram, not my taste but clearly she's very creative.

I don't think photos 1,2 & 4 look particularly outrageous but the child's room in pic 3 is probably a bit out there for me.
        I know it’s intentionally eclectic. But I wouldn’t be a fan either. Too many patterns clashing. Conflicting shades of green that don’t not really go with each other. reminds me of people who mismatch clothes on purpose.

I also noticed on instragram that’s she some diy/stylist promotor with crown paints. So I said that’s a factor in it being eye-catching and focused on paint /diy furniture upcycling.
        Last edited by Mellor; 24-02-21, 13:31.

Comment

Reading & Leeds music festivals going ahead as planned in August.

That feels so close yet we seem so far away from anything even resembling a music festival.

Brexit FTW

Comment

That feels so close yet we seem so far away from anything even resembling a music festival.

Brexit FTW
            Are people booking any holidays in joyful optimism or sitting on their hands in wait and see mode? We booked two separate weeks in July\August for Cork and Donegal, plus also flights to Copenhagen in late Oct.

'Feels' like both should be OK....ish
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Mrs D3 currently in jabbing centre for jabbage.

Will report of side-effects such as extreme impatience with spouse\children.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Are people booking any holidays in joyful optimism or sitting on their hands in wait and see mode? We booked two separate weeks in July\August for Cork and Donegal, plus also flights to Copenhagen in late Oct.

Almost pulled the trigger on a vegas trip for xmas, everything refundable up to dec so seems relatively risk free financially but realistically not sure I’ll want to travel without being able to control what other people around me are doing especially somewhere in America.

truth is there are far too many people who aren’t planning on getting the vaccine for me to risk anything before I’m sure I’ve got it.

think we’re likely to see at least one more set of lockdowns after the next opening up.
                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

booked St Malo in august and hopefully going to a wedding in July in Brittany also, so taking a week off for that one. We'll be fine UK side, just hoping no more quarantine on the French side

Friends my age in other boroughs have already been called up for vaccination

Comment

We had/have weekends booked here between March to June each month.
                    One booking for Cork in October too but nothing abroad.

We have a 1k voucher for Aer Lingus from our NY trip which is in fact a real voucher valid for 5 years opposed to simply a change of time/location so that's handy.

Outside of a probable work trip near the end of the year, we wont be looking at anything abroad in 21 but I do think you'll get abroad handy enough around that time.

Comment

Dongguan, Foshan, Shenyang and Suzhou are all new to me

I sometimes wish I didn't have knowledge of the above cities but we have offices in three of the above and Shenyang would be serviced by our Dalian office. Looking at your wiki list, I'm 81 for 81 with offices in the vast majority.

My equivalent in Tianjin is a right bollix who I regularly have to argue with over sums of money that wouldn't be large enough to get one entry to your legendary Cheltenham competition

Comment

Guitar Wanker

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                          RANT:
                          Applied for a credit card in every single possible place in Ireland as I'm leaving next month and just want one for emergencies/renting cars in future. I cannot for the life of me get one. Also wanted to rent a car here in Ireland for the next month as my tax/insurance just expired and don't want to renew.

Avantgard said absolutely, no problem, just send us your last payslip - proceeded to do so, and they said oh no, it must be last month and they do not take the business closures/covid payments into account. I have a nice amount in my PTSB account, untouched for 3 years or so, and they instantly declined me as did KBC where I have an okay amount. Utterly tilting!!!

Literally going to have to find someone to pretend I'm their employee and pay them to pay me through government channels.. money laundering legitimate money just to have a hope of getting a credit card. FML
                          If you are having hassle getting a credit card get yourself a Curve card. Like revolut/n26 as in you can add multiple cards to it. But there is an option that it will allow it to be used as a credit card, now I've never used it and presume there's probably a fee involved but at least you have that worst case scenario.

Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i just couldn't live in that. ugh.
                            I'd take it over that horrendous mansion that was posted. Though not quite as garish as the US ones I see.
                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 24-02-21, 15:36.

Comment

NFT market making me feel extra old and out of touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Accepting bribes not to back this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Must admit I didnt know the capital of Bangladesh
                                You backed it, didn't you?
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Said all working very smoothly (it was all health service staff getting the jab in that location so presumably a good audience for such things)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    NFT market making me feel extra old and out of touch.
                                    Watched a couple of youtube vids but get lost quickly with the terminology when they stray from the basic idea of buy token then sell/trade/rent token.

Crypto punks selling for ridic money!

Comment

Said all working very smoothly (it was all health service staff getting the jab in that location so presumably a good audience for such things)
                                      Sister had it done over a month ago, said she felt tired for days after getting the jab, but other than that was ok.
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

NFTs very cool start to real world signed transaction of assets.

Comment

Booked holidays for my usual November escape.

My original plan to go to tanzania is likely out
                                          https://www.ft.com/content/5dd89bb4-...a-ece11993f3b5

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Watched a couple of youtube vids but get lost quickly with the terminology when they stray from the basic idea of buy token then sell/trade/rent token.

Crypto punks selling for ridic money!
                                            Are the prices real? Or are they just being passed been addresses.

That plus the NBA is just crazy stuff.

But then again, people were buying $10 bills for $60 with CCIV.

Comment

Can you or anyone else explain this to me please?

Comment

No clue, one guy sold some art for 6 figures apparently (not crypto punks).
                                                Scan a lot of this stuff as just trying to get the jist of it but they lose me when they get into technical jargon.

It's an interesting concept though.

Comment

Comment

Long shot but I need a web dev who has some experience in Chrome Extensions.
                                                    Ideally has used Firebase before, node experience and react/react native experience.

I am fully aware that this is what every company is looking for.

Upwork has been great to me in the past but its been absolutely garbage lately, one guy tried to convince me I need a chatbot. Sigh.

If anyone here has exp and wants cash money, or knows of someone who has experience and wants cash money, or could point me in direction so I can find someone to give cash money to. I would really appreciate it.

In a bit of a hurry as a big sale depends on it...
                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                      My equivalent in Tianjin is a right bollix who I regularly have to argue with over sums of money that wouldn't be large enough to get one entry to your legendary Cheltenham competition
                                                      Win the IPB Cheltenham tipping comp and you will be able to buy gin for everyone in Tianjin.

Comment

Win the IPB Cheltenham tipping comp and you could purchase some beautiful tanzanite while there.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0vn3GfmODQBg6q1hjmxAUlWB8nnLzv3fWiA&usqp=CAU.jpg

Comment

No clue, one guy sold some art for 6 figures apparently (not crypto punks).
                                                          Scan a lot of this stuff as just trying to get the jist of it but they lose me when they get into technical jargon.

It's an interesting concept though.
                                                          Explain to me what I'm missing here:

I buy an NBA Topshot pack which effectively features multiple different types of highlights, better highlights cost more and they're meant to imitate collectible cards.

You buy and sell on a marketplace just like Fifa Ultimate Team and so forth, difference being, it's not confined to a game.

Each element of a pack contains a highlight which is an NFT?

**Ah I see now, each is individually shown as 1/x so that's how it's unique.

Fuck me
                                                          Last edited by Murdrum; 24-02-21, 17:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                            Guitar Wanker
                                                            Win the IPB Cheltenham tipping comp and you could purchase yourself a fine instrument to musically masturbate.

Comment

Has Tanzania been put behind a paywall?

Comment

Brexit FTW
                                                                This is depressing - We had Primavera Sound in Porto booked for last year followed by a few days chilling out drinking wine down by the Duoro. Obviously, that was cancelled but the festival tickets were carried over to this year and we could do the same with flights.

I consoled myself that June 2021 would be amazing but now, even it goes ahead (June 10th - 12th) I can't see us making it there based on current restrictions here.

It's a very good line up this year too and the festival is just fantastic. It's not as big as Barcelona, weather is amazing, good food, booze, really laid back, chilled vibe.

Fuckity, Fuck, Fuck

Comment

It's not all beer and skittles with art anyway.
                                                                  Saw a guy transferring art on to blockchain which incurs fees for the processing power (gas fees) then listing it somewhere for more fees.

Like the idea of buying a gaming token like a snazzy race car or something and renting it out!

Comment

Can you or anyone else explain this to me please?
                                                                    I don't know really, and I haven't watched this, but it probably goes some way towards explaining it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arO9chf6ki0

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

You backed it, didn't you?
                                                                      No ticky, no laundry.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                        Long shot but I need a web dev who has some experience in Chrome Extensions.
                                                                        Ideally has used Firebase before, node experience and react/react native experience.

I am fully aware that this is what every company is looking for.

Upwork has been great to me in the past but its been absolutely garbage lately, one guy tried to convince me I need a chatbot. Sigh.

If anyone here has exp and wants cash money, or knows of someone who has experience and wants cash money, or could point me in direction so I can find someone to give cash money to. I would really appreciate it.

In a bit of a hurry as a big sale depends on it...
                                                                        I have no idea what any of that means, but I have a mate who helped Lazare with web stuff before and afaik he was happy with the service. I'll send his number now.

Comment

I've been talking to a few people in Dar about their covid situation and its batshit crazy there. They are basically ignoring it or at least in a country where life expectancy is less than 65 covid is just a another hazard to live with.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

A pokemon version of that NBA thing would make a KILLING. NBA thing will too.

Comment

GameStop off and running again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                A pokemon version of that NBA thing would make a KILLING. NBA thing will too.
                                                                                Crazy Rich Asians. I remember playing bball with a US guy who was obsessed with Japanese culture.
                                                                                He taught himself to read Japanese and played all the Pokemon games in the original Japanese versions.

I really like the concept that a new golf brand is running with to push in on the industry, they're called Swag, specialise in putters.
                                                                                They signed a few instagram models to promote their stuff. People got nuts for the gear especially headcovers, upwards of 2.5k for some on resale.

They do this thing where you purchase the headcover upon release for somewhere around $100 but around 5% are a scarcer alternative colourway which sells for 5x to 10x the price of the standard.

Comment

Would anyone have subscription access to the Indo?

I need a scrape of this article, but doesn't seem worth the €60 annual sub

https://www.independent.ie/life/buy-...-40097315.html
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Booked for ferry to France, Vendee in August. Looking about 50:50 at this stage whether we can go. But thats up from long odds a few weeks ago. Its hard to imagine a situation where we are all vaccinated in July, which we will be, and still can't leave the country in August. The 50:50 odds is just because there might be lingering stupidity on both sides (as in, French stupidity or Irish stupidity) - I'd imagine not though.
                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 24-02-21, 21:13.
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Like the idea of buying a gaming token like a snazzy race car or something and renting it out!
                                                                                      Somehow I ended up through a link today about Tony G (who is now an MP in Lithuania) buying a virtual F1 car for 75k in the F1 Delta Time blockchain virtual racing game.

Comment

Been humming this all evening. Damnnnn you Dinkieeeeess

Comment

Only came across a show on Prime this evening, London irish, think its from 2013 but the first episode was a cracker.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Headaches and 'achey' today and one of her team is puking. Although apparently they were all told this was possible and no-one else has called in sick.

Let the anti-vaxx conspiracies commence!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Booked for ferry to France, Vendee in August. Looking about 50:50 at this stage whether we can go. But thats up from long odds a few weeks ago. Its hard to imagine a situation where we are all vaccinated in July, which we will be, and still can't leave the country in August. The 50:50 odds is just because there might be lingering stupidity on both sides (as in, French stupidity or Irish stupidity) - I'd imagine not though.
                                                                                              If you look at the trends in both case numbers (deaths look alarming still but are a lagging indicator) and the predicted explosion in vaccinations in Q2, then I think July-Aug is indeed an evens shot for foreign holidays.
                                                                                              It all come down to two factors - the ability of governments to vaccinate quickly at scale and the take-up rate among the population. I would have more faith in the latter than the former, although I think everyone, including the people who work in it, have been (pleasantly) surprised by how the HSE has performed during the pandemic

Comment

55,000 people at the cricket in Ahmedabad. A different world!

Hope none of them bought Day 3 tickets as it's a bowlers paradise.

Comment

Headaches and 'achey' today and one of her team is puking. Although apparently they were all told this was possible and no-one else has called in sick.

Let the anti-vaxx consipracies commence!
                                                                                                  My partner got the astra one last week. Sore arm and tired for 2 days then fine after.
                                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                    Only came across a show on Prime this evening, London irish, think its from 2013 but the first episode was a cracker.
                                                                                                    LOL, watched the first scene where the father won't drop them off at the airport because of car parking charges and its about me.
                                                                                                    They all slag me mercilessly but I have it down to a fine art when anyone is arriving in Dublin where I can leave home based on looking at flight radar 24 to arrive in time to meet my m8 who works in the Radisson for a coffee and then I get them to call me when they are at the exact right spot on their way out and all they have to do is walk down to the departures drop off and I slide up in perfect time and we are on our way before the hi viz lads patrolling get a chance to shoo me away.

Would give anything for the chance to be doing it anytime soon

Comment

I's say the wifi wasnt great either

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2020/021...ephone-system/

Comment

Analysis from Public Health England has shown the vaccine manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech reduces the risk of catching infection by more than 70% after a first dose.

That risk is reduced by 85% after a second dose.

The public health body's study of real-world data also showed vaccinated people who go on to become infected are far less likely to die or be hospitalised.

Hospitalisation and death from Covid-19 is reduced by over 75% in those who have received a dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to the analysis.
                                                                                                        Surely this suggests you should lash out as many first doses as possible instead of second dosing?
                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

LOL, watched the first scene where the father won't drop them off at the airport because of car parking charges and its about me.
                                                                                                          They all slag me mercilessly but I have it down to a fine art when anyone is arriving in Dublin where I can leave home based on looking at flight radar 24 to arrive in time to meet my m8 who works in the Radisson for a coffee and then I get them to call me when they are at the exact right spot on their way out and all they have to do is walk down to the departures drop off and I slide up in perfect time and we are on our way before the hi viz lads patrolling get a chance to shoo me away.

Would give anything for the chance to be doing it anytime soon
                                                                                                          Oh shite the second scene is about me as well

I did that thing at Southampton airport where I took out a load of extra gear from my bag and wore, carried and stuffed my jacket pockets all the time grunting at the wagon from flybe who was absolutely taking the piss. Problem was it was the day after some lad drove a car into Glasgow airport and I ended up with an overzealous cop pointing a gun in my face.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Surely this suggests you should lash out as many first doses as possible instead of second dosing?
                                                                                                            is any other country taking this approach?

Comment

The thought process for booking holidays abroad was an interesting exercise in self-delusion\logical thinking (delete as appropriate). Starting with the premise that 'it'll all be grand by the autumn', so decided on the week of the October bank holiday.
                                                                                                              Then it was a case of not 'where do we want to go?' but rather 'where would be nice to go but is also located in a country that will likely have its shit together by then?' and we landed on Copenhagen. Think we booked the only seats sold on the plane both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

This is a hugely difficult question IMO.

The English numbers are looking great but the virologists and vaccine experts seem to be genuinely concerned that this strategy increases the risk of mutations that are successful at getting past the defences created by the vaccine. If that happens it is a absolute catastrophic disaster that brings us back to square one looking for new vaccines.

UK is taking a monster gamble on this and so far it looks like it will pay off. I'm not certain that anyone really has the information or experience to properly quantify the level of risk involved but it is certain that if it goes wrong it will be a very bad thing.

My instinct is RTFM. While I know that following the manufacturers instructions will be a conservative approach the downside risk is too great to be messing about with. On the other hand I need to be in London this August

Comment

If you notice loads of banners in donegal quoting your disparaging remarks about donegal over the years it wasn’t me

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

If you notice loads of banners in donegal quoting your disparaging remarks about donegal over the years it wasn’t me
                                                                                                                    I'm sure I was disparaging about Donegal people, rather than the county itself.

Comment

Brief hope for England when they managed to skittle India for a slender 33 run lead earlier but now looks like they'll struggle to even make 33 in their second innings.

Batsmen look like they're being bowled hand grenades.

Comment

I'm sure I was disparaging about Donegal people, rather than the county itself.
                                                                                                                        Ah, that’s because you’ve only seen the text, you couldn’t hate anyone with our accent?!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

This is a hugely difficult question IMO.

The English numbers are looking great but the virologists and vaccine experts seem to be genuinely concerned that this strategy increases the risk of mutations that are successful at getting past the defences created by the vaccine. If that happens it is a absolute back to barely past square one catastrophic disaster.

UK is taking a monster gamble on this and so far it looks like it will pay off. I'm not certain that anyone really has the information or experience to properly quantify the level of risk involved but it is certain that if it goes wrong it will be a very bad thing.

My instinct is RTFM. While I know that following the manufacturers instructions will be a conservative approach the downside risk is too great to be messing about with. On the other hand I need to be in London this August
                                                                                                                          I think if you ban outside travel it’s the right approach so you can open up your economy, then don’t open international travel until everyone is double dosed?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X