Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by oleras View Post

    Your friend sounds like he is talking out his hole...lol

    Saw my mother dead on the ground back in 2018, blood pressure on the floor. Straight into the cathlab and they opened up whatever artery was blocked and stented it, that was a thursday, she was out on the sunday to watch Limerick win the AI.
    Sorry Ole, you're right - to clarify he did say that for urgent heart attack cases stents are A1. Something like 70% of them are given for angina (in the UK) and do fuck all

    Comment


      Originally posted by Keane View Post

      Sorry Ole, you're right - to clarify he did say that for urgent heart attack cases stents are A1. Something like 70% of them are given for angina (in the UK) and do fuck all
      Would break your heart so it would.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

        Have come across that in a few books saying that (range, risk come to mind). Wasn't laser eye surgery originally just for $$$? outcome for prostate surgery is usually worse than doing nothing.

        Asking the doctor what they'd do is usually a better question than asking them what you should do.
        I don't really know about the laser eye surgery thing but I do have an amusing anecdote that touches it. When I was in the electrical engineering faculty in UCC there was a lecturer there who I think is retired since. He was an excellent teacher but more importantly was considered like the John Giles of lasers.

        The story (which I'm 100% sure must be false, but anyway) goes that in the early days of laser eye surgery a place opened up doing it in Cork. For their grand opening or whatever they ask this guy along to the drinks reception to give a few words to the investors and whoever. So he heads in anyway and partakes in the champagne and finger food before going up to give his talk where he spends ten minutes going on about how well they've done sourcing such a class laser, before finishing up with 'at the same time, you'd have to be mad to let it anywhere near your eyes' and heading off home

        Comment


          Remember the study finding in America that found that if you went to hospital during a heart attack at a time when top cardiologists were away at a national conference your chances of living increased?

          Comment


            Do you put your socks on standing up or sitting down?
            I've always done it standing up and instinctively go to do it that way, but being 50+ I'm finding it a bit of a challenge these days.
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

            Comment


              Originally posted by Keane View Post

              Yeah the first tweet he just asserted it with no hint of where it came from. Could do with a bit of good news in the next little while. The rate of decline in cases is down to nothing, we're looking at up to 12 weeks to get below 100 per day on some pessimistic (maybe) reading of current trends, and the vaccine roll-out feels glacial. I see Sputnik arguing with the EMA on twitter over whether or not they had submitted data for approval and someone on boards saying it looks like they used the wrong web form. Yikes.

              Some one of the companies to come out and say they've somehow managed to exceed expectations on production by a hundred million doses would be nice.
              In fairness, things are looking a bit better today. They tweeted out earlier that the plan for next week is to do almost 80k vaccinations, which considering the total up to now is only 240k doses given out is an acceleration of encouraging proportions.

              Also todays positive swab count is down 33% on this day last week. The hope is that the slowdown in reduction for the last 10 days was due to the resumption of close contact testing, although that effect subsiding was apparently overdue. 864 positive swabs and a drop of positivity % from 6 to 5 today is a boost.

              Comment


                Anyone got a recommendation or two for an free/open source automated data transformation tool?

                Ease of use would be good if possible

                Cheers!
                PMA

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                  Do you put your socks on standing up or sitting down?
                  I've always done it standing up and instinctively go to do it that way, but being 50+ I'm finding it a bit of a challenge these days.
                  Both have their challenges. I do it standing up mostly as ironically I’m too lazy to bother sitting down and getting back up again. I find the older you get the more hopping with the standing up process. Often I’ve just got it on over the toe and then find myself losing lateral stability and heading towards the wardrobe, the jackknife move to the bed usually saves me, but you are right the standing up one is becoming a challenge. I’m thinking of giving commando a try.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

                    If they arent, how are you? Im not even disagreeing with you i just thought that was a funny statement! They surely have whatever tools you have to be able to see, plus the added benefit of actually working in it?
                    Surely you'd allow that a quantitative researcher would have a reasonable grasp on assessing numerical trends.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by hotspur View Post

                      Looking at the life expectancy figures (they have the nations in order for the women but not the men), Ireland is not above the EU28 for women's life expectancy and behind Greece, Belgium, Sweden, Austria, Malta, Slovenia, Portugal, Finland, Cypress, Luxembourg, Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Norway, and Iceland.
                      I'm not sure if you are on drugs, and if so fair play as we'd all love some drugs right now, but that seems an awfully long-winded way of saying that Ireland is mid-table = you list 13 of the 28 EU countries we are behind, leaving 14 we are ahead of. But wow thats some way of saying that. Almost impressive.

                      Edit: and I didn't give life expectancy figures earlier as decided they aren't great really for comparison purposes as depend a lot on average age in a country. While the figures I gave are age-adjusted health outcomes so felt more directly relevant.
                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-02-21, 16:14.
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                        Anyone got a recommendation or two for an free/open source automated data transformation tool?

                        Ease of use would be good if possible

                        Cheers!
                        Guess its OpenRefine that might suit your needs? https://openrefine.org/
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

                          A useful, and topical, metric might be intensive care bed capacity. Probably sums up better where our service is at.
                          No, this is the classic mistake, and the reason why unions always put forward useless measures like that, this is a resource not an outcome, and unions want more resources with better outcomes almost incidental to union campaigns. You need to measure outcomes only. And we have more than enough intensive care beds in the country, even with a fecking pandemic there's enough intensive care beds. A good health system is about stopping people getting to intensive care beds.

                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                          Comment


                            And its such a silly argument approach 'oh health outcomes depend on so many factors that we can't measure, so lets assume the health system is crap but all these other things we can't measure are amazing'. If Irish health outcomes are very good, which they are, its because the health system is very good.
                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              If Irish health outcomes are very good, which they are, its because the health system is very good.
                              So it's not because of our superior genes and diet?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                Do you put your socks on standing up or sitting down?
                                I've always done it standing up and instinctively go to do it that way, but being 50+ I'm finding it a bit of a challenge these days.
                                48 years taking pants off inefficiently i found out a few weeks ago...

                                Open waist, shake you left leg a few times till it comes below the ankle, use your right foot to trap it and pull it off, repeat other side, done !
                                This too shall pass.

                                Comment


                                  Holy balls Ireland is making a hames of the covid situation.

                                  Actually, where is the Situation? Havent seen him around here in a bit.

                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

                                    Wondered that, a bit of give the judas/newcomer the poison chalice and protect the stalwarts?

                                    Harris learned to communicate well, which was arguably all we needed at the time, and something Donnelly is brutal at, I think the jury is still out on whether Harris was a good health minister though.
                                    Good point about whether Harris was a good health minister. Fortunately enough for him he will be benchmarked against Donnelly and will come out of it looking fantastic.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by dobby View Post

                                      Good point about whether Harris was a good health minister. Fortunately enough for him he will be benchmarked against Donnelly and will come out of it looking fantastic.
                                      Bring vincent browne back to ignorantly talk over donnolly as he attempts to explain himself I say
                                      airport, lol

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                        Holy balls Ireland is making a hames of the covid situation.

                                        Just generally, or is there something new to give our about?
                                        airport, lol

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                          Just generally, or is there something new to give our about?
                                          Just generally. I'm just bitter as I wanted to get back play some golf with Murdrum and crew. It was always ambitious, but it's the hope that kills ya.

                                          There are far bigger consequences than me missing a day out playing whackfuck though.

                                          I'm not sure where Im going with this, all work and no play makes homer go something something.
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

                                            Bring vincent browne back to ignorantly talk over donnolly as he attempts to explain himself I say
                                            The Catherine Connolly clip is what you're after. She put him back in his box when he tried to give it Billy big bollox with her.

                                            Glorious

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Theresa View Post

                                              Just generally. I'm just bitter as I wanted to get back play some golf with Murdrum and crew. It was always ambitious, but it's the hope that kills ya.

                                              There are far bigger consequences than me missing a day out playing whackfuck though.

                                              I'm not sure where Im going with this, all work and no play makes homer go something something.
                                              If you’re basing your disappointment on a lost day playing golf with me, you’ll be happy to know, you missed 1hr of me waffling the ear off you followed by 3 hrs of me sulking about why I’m still shite at golf in spite of 20 hours a week of YouTube videos and buying a new driver every fortnight

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                If you’re basing your disappointment on a lost day playing golf with me, you’ll be happy to know, you missed 1hr of me waffling the ear off you followed by 3 hrs of me sulking about why I’m still shite at golf in spite of 20 hours a week of YouTube videos and buying a new driver every fortnight


                                                I haven't been waffled to in nearly two years. There is no waffling in Canada, they have things like line ups(queues), and sidewalks(paths), a town on the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan is called Alsask and an area of the Kootenay mountains near the Can/Us border is called Koocanusa.


                                                These guys don't get waffle. Its with O'Leary in the grave.

                                                More importantly, what driver are you getting?
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                Comment


                                                  Mo
                                                  Originally posted by Theresa View Post

                                                  Just generally. I'm just bitter as I wanted to get back play some golf with Murdrum and crew. It was always ambitious, but it's the hope that kills ya.

                                                  There are far bigger consequences than me missing a day out playing whackfuck though.

                                                  I'm not sure where Im going with this, all work and no play makes homer go something something.
                                                  Always plenty of people worse off, but we all need a moan now and then regardless!
                                                  airport, lol

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

                                                    Wondered that, a bit of give the judas/newcomer the poison chalice and protect the stalwarts?

                                                    Harris learned to communicate well, which was arguably all we needed at the time, and something Donnelly is brutal at, I think the jury is still out on whether Harris was a good health minister though.
                                                    My presumption was that there was deal made when he joined the party that he'd a given that role / a big ministery when FF got back in power.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by dobby View Post

                                                      The Catherine Connolly clip is what you're after. She put him back in his box when he tried to give it Billy big bollox with her.

                                                      Glorious
                                                      Ah ya, fair play to her, his arrogance is something special. Still like to see Vinnie give him a grilling over his current situation though.
                                                      airport, lol

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                        I'm not sure if you are on drugs, and if so fair play as we'd all love some drugs right now, but that seems an awfully long-winded way of saying that Ireland is mid-table = you list 13 of the 28 EU countries we are behind, leaving 14 we are ahead of. But wow thats some way of saying that. Almost impressive.
                                                        Relax Hitch, whatever's bothering you today it isn't me. No need to be unpleasant.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by hotspur View Post

                                                          Relax Hitch, whatever's bothering you today it isn't me. No need to be unpleasant.
                                                          Think I'm just a collection of bothers at this point!

                                                          But surely listing out 13 countries one-by-one in a 27 country union and saying Ireland is behind these 13 countries, and not noting Ireland as therefore the middle country of 27 can only have been an attempt to add to anyone reasonable's bothers.
                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                            Think I'm just a collection of bothers at this point!

                                                            But surely listing out 13 countries one-by-one in a 27 country union and saying Ireland is behind these 13 countries, and not noting Ireland as therefore the middle country of 27 can only have been an attempt to add to anyone reasonable's bothers.
                                                            I cant find your quote but it's something like this.

                                                            The pandemic is sure making people act strangely .

                                                            Comment


                                                              Poetry
                                                              Climate change is not some abstract threat happening elsewhere, it is real, and is happening everywhere we chose to engage in unsustainable and wasteful technology. Bitcoin is simultaneously both an environmental and a moral disaster that does nothing but enable the same kind of reckless speculation and gambling that created the global financial crisis. For those of us in the tech sector we have to ask ourselves a fundamental question. What possible explanation are we going to tell to our children about why our generation did this?

                                                              The story will have to go like this: We were angry at the financial status quo and instead of finding the answers and strength of purpose within ourselves to build a more fair, democratic and just society we instead decided to put our faith in an anarchist technical fantasy that solved nothing and only escalated irreversible damage to our climate. And now it’s your generation’s problem.

                                                              I don’t want to tell my children that story. We don’t need to repeat the mistakes of our parent’s generation. Buying bitcoin isn’t buying “digital gold”. It’s investing in a futures contract on the gullibility of your fellow man, a debit on our children’s lives and a stake in climate change nihilism. It is long past time for us in the tech sector to get on the right side of history and stop enabling this madness.



                                                              From this
                                                              https://www.stephendiehl.com/blog/chernobyl.html

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                If you’re basing your disappointment on a lost day playing golf with me, you’ll be happy to know, you missed 1hr of me waffling the ear off you followed by 3 hrs of me sulking about why I’m still shite at golf in spite of 20 hours a week of YouTube videos and buying a new driver every fortnight
                                                                Can confirm everything here

                                                                I'm fairly sure if a driver, fairway wood, iron or putter from the big manufacturers has come out in the last 5 years, Murdrum has had it in his bag for a short while. And then made some profit off it, the man is a magnet for a bargain.

                                                                It's a pity how the site has been buggy and slow since the change. It's getting better though. I was never a big poster but always enjoyed the lurk and the banter

                                                                Also, RD111, we know you're lurking. Come back to fuck and leave me donate to Cheltenham comp. You've given worse put downs :tren

                                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

                                                                Comment


                                                                  As mentioned before I dipped into Bitcoin around the last bull run and sold on its way up for a very small profit as i became more aware what a crock of shit it was (I tried actually using it- at the time people were still pretending it was going to be a currency)
                                                                  had something like a euro or something like that left after cashing out, with Bitcoin in news again logged in and found recent bulk run had brought that up to 17 euro.
                                                                  Messed around a bit and have 143 euro now after putting it in to some worthless junk called GRT (the graph- they call themselves the google of blockchain ) bought in at 29 cent it’s at 1.50 now

                                                                  thinking of casing it out of coin base now and buying an expensive bottle of whiskey to savour on the day this crypto bubble implodes
                                                                  Anyone know how banks look upon withdrawals from coin base to you are applying for mortgages etc down the line? Assume they (correctly) don’t like it and flag you as a potential paedo or something?

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                    Poetry
                                                                    Climate change is not some abstract threat happening elsewhere, it is real, and is happening everywhere we chose to engage in unsustainable and wasteful technology. Bitcoin is simultaneously both an environmental and a moral disaster that does nothing but enable the same kind of reckless speculation and gambling that created the global financial crisis. For those of us in the tech sector we have to ask ourselves a fundamental question. What possible explanation are we going to tell to our children about why our generation did this?

                                                                    The story will have to go like this: We were angry at the financial status quo and instead of finding the answers and strength of purpose within ourselves to build a more fair, democratic and just society we instead decided to put our faith in an anarchist technical fantasy that solved nothing and only escalated irreversible damage to our climate. And now it’s your generation’s problem.

                                                                    I don’t want to tell my children that story. We don’t need to repeat the mistakes of our parent’s generation. Buying bitcoin isn’t buying “digital gold”. It’s investing in a futures contract on the gullibility of your fellow man, a debit on our children’s lives and a stake in climate change nihilism. It is long past time for us in the tech sector to get on the right side of history and stop enabling this madness.



                                                                    From this
                                                                    https://www.stephendiehl.com/blog/chernobyl.html
                                                                    Do you see any use or value in blockchain?
                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      PSV58

                                                                      This is something that you might find interesting given you hate Crypto and Auditors.

                                                                      https://cardanians-io.medium.com/wha...o-36b35839b785

                                                                      "The problem of the financial system is that trust is based on ledgers that are maintained by institutions themselves and nobody else except authorized auditors cannot see them."
                                                                      Ordinary people have to believe that audited entities do not cheat and if it is the case then that auditors are honest and diligent enough to find it out. Put it simply, it could be difficult for ordinary people to verify whether authorities do their job well."
                                                                      Last edited by Theresa; 11-02-21, 19:44.
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        And its such a silly argument approach 'oh health outcomes depend on so many factors that we can't measure, so lets assume the health system is crap but all these other things we can't measure are amazing'. If Irish health outcomes are very good, which they are, its because the health system is very good.
                                                                        I know what you are doing here. You are creating an argument 'open goal' in the hope the RDIII will return for an easy conversion.

                                                                        We are a first world country by many standards. This leads to a better quality of life and a higher life expectancy. Our health service is not one of the first world standards.

                                                                        Angola

                                                                        www.outcomes.com

                                                                        Breast cancer mortality rates among women aged 45+ in 2015 (for Bulgaria and Slovakia - 2014 and Russian Federation – 2013; for countries with small populations – Cyprus, Luxembourg and Malta – we used Joinpoint modeled data, applied due to large fluctuations). The highest mortality rates – more than 60/100,000 of the population – occurred in Hungary (62.9/100,000), Croatia (62.3/100,000) and in Ireland (60.6/100,000). The lowest – less than 40/100,000 – occurred in Spain (36.8/100,000) and in Norway (36.9/100,000). Among remaining analyzed countries, we can distinguish two main groups – countries with mortality rates between 42/100,000 and 50/100,000 (ten countries) and between 50/100,000 and 59/100,000 (seventeen countries).
                                                                        AMS-16-1-36706-g004.jpg





                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                                                          The pandemic is sure making people act strangely .
                                                                          I think I tipped over the edge this evening.

                                                                          Bought the first 3 records in a 6 record set of the sound of the artist - The Caretaker - progressing though the stages of dementia.

                                                                          It's a concept sound art cycle I suppose based on the slowly degrading sound of 1920s and 30s ballroom music, light jazz/pop and the like.

                                                                          It's 6.5 hours of 'music' in total and cost e70 for first three pieces only! so I'll drop at least another e70 to complete the set when they are finally reissued - the originals cost over e100 for each record)

                                                                          "Embarking on the Caretaker’s final journey with the familiar vernacular of abraded shellac 78s and their ghostly waltzes to emulate the entropic effect of a mind becoming detached from everyone else’s sense of reality and coming to terms with their own, altered, and ever more elusive sense of ontology. The series aims to enlighten our understanding of dementia by breaking it down into a series of stages that provide a haunting guide to its progression, deterioration and disintegration and the way that people experience it according to a range of impending factors."

                                                                          It might be the only thing I ever need to listen to again which makes me both sad and gives me comfort at the same time.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post

                                                                            Can confirm everything here

                                                                            I'm fairly sure if a driver, fairway wood, iron or putter from the big manufacturers has come out in the last 5 years, Murdrum has had it in his bag for a short while. And then made some profit off it, the man is a magnet for a bargain.
                                                                            Equivalent of the Junior C corner back who wears white predators

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Good short read on Covid as it addresses what I feel many aren’t addressing which is that this an Endemic Disease: https://www.economist.com/leaders/20...-vaccines-work

                                                                              On a more positive note, the cover art is quite cool

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                ASTI are disgusting pricks
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                  Anyone got a recommendation or two for an free/open source automated data transformation tool?

                                                                                  Ease of use would be good if possible

                                                                                  Cheers!
                                                                                  Zapier?


                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by oleras View Post

                                                                                    48 years taking pants off inefficiently i found out a few weeks ago...

                                                                                    Open waist, shake you left leg a few times till it comes below the ankle, use your right foot to trap it and pull it off, repeat other side, done !
                                                                                    How many years did it take to take the next pair off?
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Theresa View Post

                                                                                      Do you see any use or value in blockchain?
                                                                                      I’m not qualified to rule it out but I I’ve got a bullshit radar and most of the use cases flung around by people shilling are

                                                                                      the whole scene reminds me of online poker 05/06

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                        PSV58

                                                                                        This is something that you might find interesting given you hate Crypto and Auditors.

                                                                                        https://cardanians-io.medium.com/wha...o-36b35839b785



                                                                                        There wouldn’t be any problem for whatever junk that guy is shilling to solve if a more people were put up against the wall after the last crash

                                                                                        enjoyed the Pearl clutching from the KPMG employees today over their boss tell them they have fuck all to be whinging about-he knows the score

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

                                                                                          I think I tipped over the edge this evening.

                                                                                          Bought the first 3 records in a 6 record set of the sound of the artist - The Caretaker - progressing though the stages of dementia.

                                                                                          It's a concept sound art cycle I suppose based on the slowly degrading sound of 1920s and 30s ballroom music, light jazz/pop and the like.

                                                                                          It's 6.5 hours of 'music' in total and cost e70 for first three pieces only! so I'll drop at least another e70 to complete the set when they are finally reissued - the originals cost over e100 for each record)

                                                                                          "Embarking on the Caretaker’s final journey with the familiar vernacular of abraded shellac 78s and their ghostly waltzes to emulate the entropic effect of a mind becoming detached from everyone else’s sense of reality and coming to terms with their own, altered, and ever more elusive sense of ontology. The series aims to enlighten our understanding of dementia by breaking it down into a series of stages that provide a haunting guide to its progression, deterioration and disintegration and the way that people experience it according to a range of impending factors."

                                                                                          It might be the only thing I ever need to listen to again which makes me both sad and gives me comfort at the same time.
                                                                                           

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            For AJ...

                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                                              Zapier?
                                                                                              The question Elsham asked gives me PTSD.

                                                                                              Hows Bant? Give us your DailyBantUpdate, pics, graphs, thoughts . tyvm.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Please don't insult the good name of RDIII Wombatman by insinuating he would want any part of your argument. So I show survival rates from all illnesses, and you counteract with fucking cataracts. Have you no shame man to be dragging cataracts into a life-and-death situation. And before you go all Irish Society for the Promotion of Cataract Awareness on me, I'm sure they're horrific, its just not comparable to survival from all illnesses.

                                                                                                No-one ever wants to talk about overall figures because it doesn't suit some weird agenda - mainly nurses promoting resource issues and wanting the solution to be more hiring and pay for nurses (despite nurse pay and nurse-patient ratios being both best in Europe). Everyone always bases their views on their mate who does a few operations in the beacon. Or Matilda who sat on a trolley. I think service could be dramatically improved, and they need to concentrate more on under-focused illnesses, but the actual outcomes are really good.
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                  Slightly off the topic but something I found interesting was that one of my best friends who is a cardiologist did a PHD a couple of years ago with one of the big hospitals in London, can't remember which. Anyway it was about stents. He said at the end of it between their study and other similar ones he's pretty convinced that stents don't work in the vast majority of cases. As in, they have no positive impact at all. Reckons the whole thing is more or less just a racket to keep surgeons billable hours up*


                                                                                                  EDIT: I should say, no positive impact besides placebo
                                                                                                  I hope to fuck he's wrong
                                                                                                  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                    As mentioned before I dipped into Bitcoin around the last bull run and sold on its way up for a very small profit as i became more aware what a crock of shit it was (I tried actually using it- at the time people were still pretending it was going to be a currency)
                                                                                                    had something like a euro or something like that left after cashing out, with Bitcoin in news again logged in and found recent bulk run had brought that up to 17 euro.
                                                                                                    Messed around a bit and have 143 euro now after putting it in to some worthless junk called GRT (the graph- they call themselves the google of blockchain ) bought in at 29 cent it’s at 1.50 now

                                                                                                    thinking of casing it out of coin base now and buying an expensive bottle of whiskey to savour on the day this crypto bubble implodes
                                                                                                    Anyone know how banks look upon withdrawals from coin base to you are applying for mortgages etc down the line? Assume they (correctly) don’t like it and flag you as a potential paedo or something?
                                                                                                    Remember that Crypto Cafe that opened up on maybe aungier st during the last bitcoin boom, they got a bit ahead of themselves
                                                                                                    airport, lol

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      As a side note, did anybody else not know how to pronounce Aungier st until Aungier Danger opened?
                                                                                                      airport, lol

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Wrap it up boyos


                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          Please don't insult the good name of RDIII Wombatman by insinuating he would want any part of your argument. So I show survival rates from all illnesses, and you counteract with fucking cataracts. Have you no shame man to be dragging cataracts into a life-and-death situation. And before you go all Irish Society for the Promotion of Cataract Awareness on me, I'm sure they're horrific, its just not comparable to survival from all illnesses.

                                                                                                          No-one ever wants to talk about overall figures because it doesn't suit some weird agenda - mainly nurses promoting resource issues and wanting the solution to be more hiring and pay for nurses (despite nurse pay and nurse-patient ratios being both best in Europe). Everyone always bases their views on their mate who does a few operations in the beacon. Or Matilda who sat on a trolley. I think service could be dramatically improved, and they need to concentrate more on under-focused illnesses, but the actual outcomes are really good.
                                                                                                          Im not one for the pulling data to counteract debates but, 2018 says you are wrong. Unless the best doesnt mean first in Hitch land ?

                                                                                                          Nurses_2018data_SE.png

                                                                                                          https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis...018data_SE.PNG
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Certainly the funniest Zoom fail I’ve seen and don’t worry no nothing flashing across screens or anything either

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                              Certainly the funniest Zoom fail I’ve seen and don’t worry no nothing flashing across screens or anything either
                                                                                                              It was better when DeadParrot posted it on Tuesday. Was also a main news story on BBC, SKY, and RTE on Wednesday
                                                                                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Crypto portfolio up 33% since I posted last night- I am a god Don’t worry when I make it I’ll set up a foundation to send 1 ipbers kid to uni my way of giving back Have fun staying poor

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                                                                                  It was better when DeadParrot posted it on Tuesday. Was also a main news story on BBC, SKY, and RTE on Wednesday
                                                                                                                  I'm so ahead of my time, my parents haven't met yet.
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                    Crypto portfolio up 33% since I posted last night- I am a god Don’t worry when I make it I’ll set up a foundation to send 1 ipbers kid to uni my way of giving back Have fun staying poor
                                                                                                                    I doubt any bank gives a bollox about a few hundo coming from coinbase btw.

                                                                                                                    My AAVE holdings are ticking along nicely

                                                                                                                    Kinda insterested in this idea
                                                                                                                    www.helium.com

                                                                                                                    It does seem absolutley primed for gaming the network though.
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by oleras View Post

                                                                                                                      Im not one for the pulling data to counteract debates but, 2018 says you are wrong. Unless the best doesnt mean first in Hitch land ?
                                                                                                                      So being third out of 28 countries for nurse ratios doesn't put us in the best category? It seems like very decent resourcing. Probably why we have some of the best health outcomes in Europe. You've been sold a pup ole and you are raising that bastard pup as if t'were the fruit of your own loin.
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                                                                                                        I doubt any bank gives a bollox about a few hundo coming from coinbase btw.

                                                                                                                        My AAVE holdings are ticking along nicely

                                                                                                                        Kinda insterested in this idea
                                                                                                                        www.helium.com

                                                                                                                        It does seem absolutley primed for gaming the network though.
                                                                                                                        How can you buy that?
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                                                                                          It was better when DeadParrot posted it on Tuesday. Was also a main news story on BBC, SKY, and RTE on Wednesday
                                                                                                                          Ah ok, fair enough, I missed that. That will tell you how little I've been on here as of late and how much I watch the news

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X