Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

    The Russel T Davies show about aids?

    Cat Ballou is a class comedy western on TG4
    https://youtu.be/IANwOnvTadU


    Missed it tonight but seen it loads. Very funny

    Comment




      That's better!

      Comment


        Confused about It's a Sin.

        A lot of talk online about ep3 as if it's just been released. Stuff on twitter etc, the actor playing Colin saying 'it's episode 3 night'.

        I'm on ep 5.

        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

        Comment


          Aha

          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

          Comment


            Lol they can charge what they like but anyone who thinks someone has the insight to the future of a pension fund is off their rocker. To quote the Warden from Shawshank Redemption - "Lord! It's a miracle, Up and vanished like a fart in the wind! (as did my pension fund after a fair few years).

            They pull the ladder up after themselves, we will all try do the same ourselves. No more insight than the lad on the end of the bar this time next year telling you to sink the loots into some random crypto.

            Comment


              Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
              Anyone know of any good video editing software that will allow you to stitch together videos, photos, maybe put text over it, and add music? Doesn't have to be free although something free, easy to use and functional would be nice. I suspect it'd need to be a paid thing though.
              I have used this https://filmora.wondershare.com/ found it easy enough to use. Plenty of online tutorials around to help with getting the result you want.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                It's a Sin, or LLS?

                It's a Sin is incredible TV imo
                Nah meant I had a lot more fun during the hiv/aids epidemic, than I'm having with this covid19 one. Haven't watched 'It's a sin' yet.
                Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                Comment


                  Watched Ep 1 of it's a Sin. Meh. Does it get better ?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    I'm gonna cross reference anybody who partakes in a discussion about pensions on a Friday evening with all those who thanked Richie's post slagging me off for watching Tubs.
                    I just thought the idea of someone not knowing the price of what they're selling (and never being asked about it) crazy. They must be filling their boots with impactful ties

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                      I just thought the idea of someone not knowing the price of what they're selling (and never being asked about it) crazy. They must be filling their boots with impactful ties
                      Haha, you know I'm only kidding too. One of these days I'll need to grow up and get involved in the discussion.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                        Watched Ep 1 of it's a Sin. Meh. Does it get better ?
                        If ep 3 doesn't tear you apart you're made of granite.

                        Powerful writing and acting.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                        Comment


                          I have something that's tormenting my mind about a colleague, who's also a close friend. Something he said during the week.

                          It's gotten to the point where I just have to confront him about it..

                          Thing is I'm useless in those situations over the phone. Things can get heated or flustered and I can struggle to get exactly what's on my mind accross.

                          I'm very good at it over email though.

                          I'm thinking of putting a mail together laying it all out. He will call me after it I'd guess, which is fine, I'll have gotten my point accross with clarity and we can then duel it out.

                          Good move or no?
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                          Comment


                            Lazare


                            Writing your points out in preperation for a phone call or face to face I think is a good idea. Lets you focus on the main issue and gather your thoughts and arguments.
                            I would think.carefully about sending it though given the permanent nature of an email.
                            Like lets say you make your points in an email. He rings you back and it degenerates into a heated argument. He has an email from you saying xyz which is now unretractable.
                            Im just thinking worse case scenario here in case your employer becomes involved at some point.

                            Perhaps a text or email asking to meet up and address the issue at a later date so you both have time to think.about it a bit so it wont be a knee jerk phone call type thing.





                            Comment


                              Cheers dinekes, I was just chatting with my wife about it and she made similar points.

                              I think you're right.

                              I will write it down and make the call I think.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                If ep 3 doesn't tear you apart you're made of granite.

                                Powerful writing and acting.
                                I will give it a couple more episodes. What's with all the boys kissing each other . Tis not right I tell you..

                                Ithe 1st episode 'Inists' upon itself. ( I've finally found a use for that FG reference)

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  Cheers dinekes, I was just chatting with my wife about it and she made similar points.

                                  I think you're right.

                                  I will write it down and make the call I think.
                                  Let's not underestimate the power of keeping things light. Mountains and mole hills etc . Just a general point . You dont come across as the easily incited though.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                    I have something that's tormenting my mind about a colleague, who's also a close friend. Something he said during the week.

                                    It's gotten to the point where I just have to confront him about it..

                                    Thing is I'm useless in those situations over the phone. Things can get heated or flustered and I can struggle to get exactly what's on my mind accross.

                                    I'm very good at it over email though.

                                    I'm thinking of putting a mail together laying it all out. He will call me after it I'd guess, which is fine, I'll have gotten my point accross with clarity and we can then duel it out.

                                    Good move or no?

                                    Is it critical for what you want to do that he accepts your point?

                                    Or is it just critical for your sense of what is right and wrong that he accepts your point?

                                    If its just the latter then do an elsa on it. The world is full of people with stupid thoughts, as long as its not having a real impact on you, then just let it slide. imo.

                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                    Comment


                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                        Haha, you know I'm only kidding too. One of these days I'll need to grow up and get involved in the discussion.
                                        I just didn't realise I was opening the gates for Tars post

                                        Comment


                                          Gonna have a rou jia mo burger from Oh My and pour out a bubble tea libation for Raoul.

                                          Comment


                                            We all know the real reason why he's disappeared

                                            SPOILER
                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                            Dinner in Shanahans!

                                            If he makes it through the full term, I pay.

                                            PP think you're looking good. 1/2 jolly.


                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post


                                              Is it critical for what you want to do that he accepts your point?

                                              Or is it just critical for your sense of what is right and wrong that he accepts your point?

                                              If its just the latter then do an elsa on it. The world is full of people with stupid thoughts, as long as its not having a real impact on you, then just let it slide. imo.
                                              It's potentially life long friendship ending stuff that I need reassurance I'm wrong about.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                              Comment


                                                One last spam bump for the stragglers.

                                                Just TWO HOURS to get entries in for the 2021 Multi Sport Competition. Cut off point 2.15pm.
                                                Pick the winners of the year's biggest sporting events (stuff like the Cheltenham Gold Cup or Aussie Rules) - win points, win money.

                                                List of events in post #1.

                                                https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...rt-competition

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                  It's potentially life long friendship ending stuff that I need reassurance I'm wrong about.
                                                  Made the call, it was good. I was wrong.

                                                  Such a weight lifted.

                                                  So glad I didn't send that email now. Thank you for the advice guys.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                  Comment


                                                    Any fancies in Leop?

                                                    Comment


                                                      Lazare

                                                      Nearly always better to tackle these things at the time and spare all the anxiety!
                                                      Mind you having said that Im like Homer in these situations

                                                       

                                                      Comment


                                                        How are they tracking people when it comes to administering the vaccine to gen pop? What register are they using to contact people?

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                          ... IPB's 1st and best Superbowl competition is now open for entry... It is the greatest show on earth gambled on the greatest thread on the web...

                                                          https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...on#post1686383
                                                          ...Gonna bump and push this for the next couple of days... It's a fun and simple competition... Pay €20, have 2 boxes, so lots of chances to win some money... Completely randomized, so even Hitch or Andynotfatbastard could win it... Just to give a simplifed explanation...You will be assigned a numbered box, such as 3-5... The score at end of each quarter is..
                                                          9-6
                                                          17-6
                                                          23-15
                                                          41-25

                                                          ...You would win the 3rd quarter prize!... Can be a good sweat when up at 01:00am watching it,,, Currently 5 entrants, but i'm sure it'll gain traction!...

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                            Made the call, it was good. I was wrong.

                                                            Such a weight lifted.

                                                            So glad I didn't send that email now. Thank you for the advice guys.
                                                            I really want to know what is was

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              How are they tracking people when it comes to administering the vaccine to gen pop? What register are they using to contact people?
                                                              GP registers.if you're not registered anywhere you won't be called (that's how it is in the UK anyway, and can't see why you'd be any different)

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                This month I will be 15 years hanging out with you guys.

                                                                Kinda mad isn't it.

                                                                Feb 06. Who's here from earlier? Dom, LL, Kev, DP, HJ I think, who else?
                                                                .....

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Salma Hayek has said she was told her career would “die” when she was in her thirties and she would never make it in Hollywood as a Mexican actress.

                                                                  The star of films such as Frida, Desperado and from Dusk Til Dawn, 54, said she wants other women to realise they are not “over” when they reach a certain age.

                                                                  Hayek, who is starring in the new Amazon film Bliss with Owen Wilson ...
                                                                  Well thats a mean segue by the journalist.
                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    France looking the part!

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      France looking the part!
                                                                      Dupont is unreal, has a complete arsenal of attacking skills. Italy didn't offer much resistance tbf but that French team is clinical. Italy's 9 and back 3 had some good attacking moments too. Hard to see anything other than France v England deciding the championship.

                                                                      Let's see if "We can beat everyone" Scotland can back it up now in a few minutes. As much as I dislike Eddie Jones smugness he's a decent coach and even better wind up merchant.

                                                                      Comment



                                                                        Kilcruit looks a serious prospect
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Keane View Post

                                                                          I really want to know what is was
                                                                          Yeah, I suppose its a bit like one of those 'u ok hun' Facebook stories.

                                                                          Ah it's a bit long winded, I said colleague earlier but it's actually my boss. We're friends since nippers so it's not your standard employee employer relationship. I knew if I said boss in the op people would immediately say don't email.

                                                                          A bit of an incident happened in work on Wed where I got the impression my boss thought a customer was stealing stock.

                                                                          I got a phone call at home about it and although the misunderstanding was cleared up, I was left with the awful feeling that he had thought I was involved.

                                                                          We're like brothers so for me, if it was the case, if he thought I was capable of that there wouldn't really be any way back from it.

                                                                          Call could have went either way tbh. Very happy it went the way it did. Was mentally preparing for unemployment at one stage.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Lazare name change to ' The Fence '

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              He has a thievish look about him in fairness.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

                                                                                GP registers.if you're not registered anywhere you won't be called (that's how it is in the UK anyway, and can't see why you'd be any different)
                                                                                Ah ok. I actually don't think I am. Maybe my family GP from when I was a kid.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                                  Yeah, I suppose its a bit like one of those 'u ok hun' Facebook stories.

                                                                                  Ah it's a bit long winded, I said colleague earlier but it's actually my boss. We're friends since nippers so it's not your standard employee employer relationship. I knew if I said boss in the op people would immediately say don't email.

                                                                                  A bit of an incident happened in work on Wed where I got the impression my boss thought a customer was stealing stock.

                                                                                  I got a phone call at home about it and although the misunderstanding was cleared up, I was left with the awful feeling that he had thought I was involved.

                                                                                  We're like brothers so for me, if it was the case, if he thought I was capable of that there wouldn't really be any way back from it.

                                                                                  Call could have went either way tbh. Very happy it went the way it did. Was mentally preparing for unemployment at one stage.
                                                                                  I would take a slightly different interpretation on this and suggest ...

                                                                                  Given how ye two go back to the year dot and he's your pal, you might be under more stress than you think you are, if you are letting odd thoughts like that creep into your head. Just throwing it out there as a half-assed public diagnosis - that it was a strange conclusion for you to draw no matter the circumstantial evidence. This lockdown is doing strange things to a lot of people.
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Yeah probably Hitch.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      What the Actual Fuck Scotland???

                                                                                      Words fail me
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Fair play to Scotland. Lucky that the moment of madness going for drop goal didn't cost them.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          This lockdown is doing strange things to a lot of people.
                                                                                          It's very difficult to judge how it's affecting oneself isn't it? I've certainly noticed that on the rare occasions that I meet up with people (outdoors) I'm blabbering on like an excited teenager, or at least much more than I would normally do.


                                                                                          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                                                            It's very difficult to judge how it's affecting oneself isn't it? I've certainly noticed that on the rare occasions that I meet up with people (outdoors) I'm blabbering on like an excited teenager, or at least much more than I would normally do.

                                                                                            spot on I think, I've had a few occasions to doubt myself based on public utterances also. Its just way more isolation than we should be having.
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Just discovered my 6 year old subscribed to some drawing app back in Oct. €6.50 per week.

                                                                                              €100 gone on it at this stage.

                                                                                              I've cancelled it obv, and I've realised now that I was getting weekly email receipts from Google in an inbox that I don't pay much attention to.

                                                                                              Guessing that money is gone yeah?

                                                                                              ​​
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                ha, thats a great clip
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                  Just discovered my 6 year old subscribed to some drawing app back in Oct. €6.50 per week.

                                                                                                  €100 gone on it at this stage.

                                                                                                  I've cancelled it obv, and I've realised now that I was getting weekly email receipts from Google in an inbox that I don't pay much attention to.

                                                                                                  Guessing that money is gone yeah?

                                                                                                  ​​
                                                                                                  ...You could do the smart thing and enter the IPB superbowl competition... €20 entry, and you will have multiple chances to with over double your loss!!...

                                                                                                  https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...es-competition

                                                                                                  ...I thought a random gamble on these events was what the IPB was made for!!...

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    I'll ask the 6 year old does she want to spunk any more of my money away.
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Courageous rather than silly of Scotland to go for the drop goal and attempt to deny England the losing bonus point.

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Just discovered my 6 year old subscribed to some drawing app back in Oct. €6.50 per week​​
                                                                                                        Jeez the apple didn't fall far from the tree there did it? Looking forward to the next update on what your wife has been stealing recently too.

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Lazarceny
                                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              He put the Con in Connor .

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                Courageous rather than silly of Scotland to go for the drop goal and attempt to deny England the losing bonus point.
                                                                                                                They had played the clock perfectly for the previous four and a half minutes then with 30 seconds until you can kick it into the stands they are on a 0.01% chance of not winning the game instead they decide to turn that into a 10% chance of losing the game for absolutely no benefit
                                                                                                                Nothing brave about it IMO just pure stupid glory hunting instead of a bit of common sense end of game management, a thing which is shockingly common in professional teams.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 06-02-21, 19:01.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  Kilcruit looks a serious prospect
                                                                                                                  I'm struggling to find examples that back up my thinking but I just tend to have a rule of thumb that performances that are os visually impressive are hard to live up to.

                                                                                                                  Having said that when did we last see such a visually impressive a performance... probably not since Our Conor's Triumph Hurdle and subsequent events there wouldn't be a fair comparison.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                                                                    They had played the clock perfectly for the previous four and a half minutes then with 30 seconds until you can kick it into the stands they are on a 0.01% chance of not winning the game instead they decide to turn that into a 10% chance of losing the game for absolutely no benefit
                                                                                                                    Nothing brave about it IMO just pure stupid glory hunting instead of a bit of common sense end of game management, a thing which is shockingly common in professional teams.
                                                                                                                    Also when they got the ball back with 30s left and the 9 kicks it to England. At that stage, I actually thought they deserved to lose for their own stupidity. Let's not forget what led to that whole segment. A missed touchline by Hogg off a penalty kick, which was dropped by May, and they also missed 3 penalties. Dominant but incredibly lucky to get away with it all.

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Weird seeing Bert with his sisters.

                                                                                                                      Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        I texted my mate earlier saying 'have you a few mins to talk if I rang you? Need to chat to you about something that's tormenting me'

                                                                                                                        He rang me straight away and said 'Are you Gay?'

                                                                                                                        Knew then everything was cool.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          I texted my mate earlier saying 'have you a few mins to talk if I rang you? Need to chat to you about something that's tormenting me'

                                                                                                                          He rang me straight away and said 'Are you Gay?'

                                                                                                                          Knew then everything was cool.
                                                                                                                          Sounds like he is up for it. Nice to know you still have it.

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X