Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

    Taking the ferry without a car? Why in God's name wouldn't you fly?
    That W.B. Yeats is a very nice ferry. I feel a plane just won't be safe. We're probably looking at a situation where maybe I will be vaccinated but not my wife, two kids, so what will they be breathing on the airplane? Just don't want the risk of it. Plus I genuinely like the ferry with kids. They go to the cinema, sleep in a strange cabin, plan what they'll do, eat junk food. Its really kinda cool.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

    Comment


      Exercise this week has been:

      3km return trip there and back to Dunnes straight after waking up to get coffee and pastry.

      4km jog an hour after lunch

      3km brisk evening walk in the frosty cold.

      ------

      Thats not too bad I guess, coming from nothing at the beginning of Jan. I averaged 5k steps in Oct, Nov, Dec. Most of which just from going to the kids school once a day and pottering around the apartment.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

      Comment


        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        3km return trip there and back to Dunnes straight after waking up to get coffee and pastry.
        We know what a return trip is dude.

        Comment


          Originally posted by hotspur View Post

          We know what a return trip is dude.
          He must live 750m from Dunn’s.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

            That W.B. Yeats is a very nice ferry. I feel a plane just won't be safe. We're probably looking at a situation where maybe I will be vaccinated but not my wife, two kids, so what will they be breathing on the airplane? Just don't want the risk of it. Plus I genuinely like the ferry with kids. They go to the cinema, sleep in a strange cabin, plan what they'll do, eat junk food. Its really kinda cool.
            kids are running around all over a ferry, jumping on each other and licking faces
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

            Comment


              Odd though it may seem, I haven't been allowed to directly query a database for the last three years. Just got squirrel to access a pile of databases and realised I have forgotten all the SQL I ever knew.

              Is there any good site out there I could look over at the weekend to refresh myself? Obvs I am going to hire people to do this shit for me but there will be a gap where I might have to do it myself.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

              Comment


                @HH

                Pastry? PASTRY!!!

                Pain au chocolat would be about 400 cals
                That would be very very approximately 4km jog.

                Hate to be a kill joy on the food but you have had a heart transplant/thingy/procedure (cant remember exactly)!

                As GLTOME has already pointed out you cant outrun a bad diet.

                However kudos on the activity, getting out 3 times is impressive.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                  @HH

                  Pastry? PASTRY!!!

                  Pain au chocolat would be about 400 cals
                  That would be very very approximately 4km jog.

                  Hate to be a kill joy on the food but you have had a heart transplant/thingy/procedure (cant remember exactly)!

                  As GLTOME has already pointed out you cant outrun a bad diet.

                  However kudos on the activity, getting out 3 times is impressive.
                  Ah no. There's nothing wrong with my heart now, and I didn't do anything wrong with it in the first place. It was just some sort of defect. The only advice is to make sure to not cause any more problems to the heart as it gets complicated if you've already had surgery. Do that's the issue. I need to treat the heart extra well. Don't think a morning pain au chocolat is making a difference.
                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                    Wayne Rooney disagrees with you.


                    Also Kloops high tempo game can burn out his team take Dortmund for example . Same thing happened. They look physically and mentally spent. Need a break .
                    They need a new trainer, Charles Byrne is free
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                    Comment


                      Have cut out a lot of stuff. But proof will be in the pudding next week. Not cutting out breakfast though. 400 cals is a basic min for breakfast.
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                      Comment


                        This homeschooling lark is tricky, TGIF. Steak, Golf and a bitta poker. Shall road test a bottle of Red for our fallen few just for research purposes.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Odd though it may seem, I haven't been allowed to directly query a database for the last three years. Just got squirrel to access a pile of databases and realised I have forgotten all the SQL I ever knew.

                          Is there any good site out there I could look over at the weekend to refresh myself? Obvs I am going to hire people to do this shit for me but there will be a gap where I might have to do it myself.
                          Would have said Udemy but they seem to by on their one day of the month where there isnt a "SALE" on so...

                          YouTube or Coursera should have what you want
                          PMA

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Odd though it may seem, I haven't been allowed to directly query a database for the last three years. Just got squirrel to access a pile of databases and realised I have forgotten all the SQL I ever knew.

                            Is there any good site out there I could look over at the weekend to refresh myself? Obvs I am going to hire people to do this shit for me but there will be a gap where I might have to do it myself.
                            I know W3 Schools have gotten a bad rap over that last few years but I never had a problem with the site. I like the practical sandbox approach.

                            SQL Course: https://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

                            SQL is a bit of a black art. Takes a while to get good at it.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                            Comment


                              Now have a craving for a pastry..something with cinnamon and white icing.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

                                Would have said Udemy but they seem to by on their one day of the month where there isnt a "SALE" on so...
                                This one is free today. No idea of it's relevant though https://www.udemy.com/course/sql-cou...4D0AF2C85E1FCF
                                Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                Comment


                                  Kicking off the weekend with a delivery of a kilo of fresh and pungent kimchi. May all your weekends be similarly amazeballs.
                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                  Comment


                                    Todays Fundalk punt is Never back Down to break its Irish duck in the 7.30. Buyer beware and all that. 12s on Bet365 E/W seems fair.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

                                      I know W3 Schools have gotten a bad rap over that last few years but I never had a problem with the site. I like the practical sandbox approach.

                                      SQL Course: https://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

                                      SQL is a bit of a black art. Takes a while to get good at it.
                                      I used that when I started off too.

                                      SQL is just so handy to have, since I learned it, I’ve used about 5-6 variations of it but outside of small syntax differences it’s just another handy one add.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                        This one is free today. No idea of it's relevant though https://www.udemy.com/course/sql-cou...4D0AF2C85E1FCF
                                        Could be of use to me anyway at some point in next few weeks so thanks for that!
                                        PMA

                                        Comment


                                          What do you do when you get to Cherbourg without a car?
                                          I've not been but in my head it's probably a miserable place like Holyhead, Rosslare or Fishguard?
                                          Do you just shop a bit and come back (aka a return trip)

                                          Comment


                                            PMA

                                            Comment


                                              I see lockdown 1 IPB darling White Hag have parted ways with their Masterbrewer /go owner due to proud boy/Qanon supporting posts on social media (including accounts with the company name in the name.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Murdrum View Post


                                                SQL is just so handy to have, since I learned it, I’ve used about 5-6 variations of it but outside of small syntax differences it’s just another handy one add.
                                                Totally. Data is the gold of the 21st century gold rush, and SQL is the pick. Sure you have your R, No SQL, Jupyter Notebooks etc, but the day will always come when the best way to extract those precious data nuggets will be to use SQL.
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  I see lockdown 1 IPB darling White Hag have parted ways with their Masterbrewer /go owner due to proud boy/Qanon supporting posts on social media (including accounts with the company name in the name.
                                                  Glad to hear it was not happy about cutting them out of my beer rotation.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by RichieM View Post

                                                    Glad to hear it was not happy about cutting them out of my beer rotation.
                                                    Maybe they’ll stop brewing all their mank novelty beers now

                                                    Seems to be hinted at in the comments on Twitter and Instagram that part of why The company (some Irish beer distributors ) who initially outed him had done so was because he had stopped using them- kind of a weak move from them if true- if they followed him on social before they knew his views so decided to go for some handy Twitter likes when it cost them nothing
                                                    I haven’t seen his posts but yeah if it’s mad Q anonand proud boy stuff on an account used to represent the Brand it’s not a good look full stop. At the same time looking at some of the gloating from the other side..
                                                    Last edited by PSV58; 22-01-21, 19:50.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Any piano players here?

                                                      Have been messing about with a few basic major chords but I'd love to learn how to improvise and jam.

                                                      With the guitar all you've got to do is learn the pentatonic scale and the world opens up.

                                                      Is it similar with the piano?



                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

                                                        Maybe they’ll stop brewing all their mank novelty beers now

                                                        Seems to be hinted at in the comments on Twitter and Instagram that part of why The company (some Irish beer distributors ) who initially outed him had done so was because he had stopped using them- kind of a weak move from them if true- if they followed him on social before they knew his views so decided to go for some handy Twitter likes when it cost them nothing
                                                        I haven’t seen his posts but yeah if it’s mad Q anonand proud boy stuff on an account used to represent the Brand it’s not a good look full stop. At the same time looking at some of the gloating from the other side..
                                                        Have sampled a decent amount of their offerings over the last year and I just stick to their IPA's which are lovely but steer clear of the stouts, red ales, largers and sours which I dont think are great at all. The fact the stout is not great to start with means that no amount of mint chocolate chip or salted caramel will make it better.

                                                        I did kind of like the idea of a dessert beer but they are fairly awful.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by RichieM View Post

                                                          Have sampled a decent amount of their offerings over the last year and I just stick to their IPA's which are lovely but steer clear of the stouts, red ales, largers and sours which I dont think are great at all. The fact the stout is not great to start with means that no amount of mint chocolate chip or salted caramel will make it better.

                                                          I did kind of like the idea of a dessert beer but they are fairly awful.
                                                          I liked the black forest one and the salted caramel one.
                                                          The others ranged from awful to urinal cake in a pint bad.

                                                          ​​​​​
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            What do you do when you get to Cherbourg without a car?
                                                            I've not been but in my head it's probably a miserable place like Holyhead, Rosslare or Fishguard?
                                                            Do you just shop a bit and come back (aka a return trip)
                                                            It's quite nice, I thought. But yeah jump straight on the train. Train gets to Granville the Normandy capital in 2 hours and then you can tgv your way to wherever.

                                                            Four hours to get to Angers, the start of the Loire Valley, by train.
                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                            Comment


                                                              James Comey on The LateLate tonight.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Is Erotimatikophobia like a real thing? I sent an email to someone today with a load of questions in it. They rephrased my mail a tiny bit and forwarded it to another party, CCing me, but for some reason they stripped out all the question marks. WTF?????
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                Comment


                                                                  They somehow ended up on the end of your what the fuck
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                    James Comey on The LateLate tonight.
                                                                    Still not enough to overcome my atavistic hatred for Ryan Tubridy.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                      Still not enough to overcome my atavistic hatred for Ryan Tubridy.
                                                                      I never really had an opinion on him but for a guy who is probably the most well known broadcaster earning 500k a year, he seems to get an incredible amount of abuse, does anyone like him?

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                        I never really had an opinion on him but for a guy who is probably the most well known broadcaster earning 500k a year, he seems to get an incredible amount of abuse, does anyone like him?
                                                                        It might be a Charlie Damelio from TikTok thing - the most popular TikToker precisely because she annoys the least number of people rather than that she is liked by the most people. Maybe Ryan is in that category despite not seeming to be.
                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                          It might be a Charlie Damelio from TikTok thing - the most popular TikToker precisely because she annoys the least number of people rather than that she is liked by the most people. Maybe Ryan is in that category despite not seeming to be.
                                                                          Sounds quite possible.

                                                                          Still not sure what to make about you drawing analogies to famous TikTok stars but the logic seems sound.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            As in we are judging him on how he isn't good, but maybe the criteria should be least offensive rather than any positive attribute.
                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                              Sounds quite possible.

                                                                              Still not sure what to make about you drawing analogies to famous TikTok stars but the logic seems sound.
                                                                              i'm just waiting for the right opportunity to bring up Bella Poarch in any conversation.
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                As in we are judging him on how he isn't good, but maybe the criteria should be least offensive rather than any positive attribute.
                                                                                Allow me my irrational hatreds.

                                                                                Ryan Tubridy
                                                                                Andy Murray
                                                                                Conor McGregor
                                                                                Daniel O'Donnell

                                                                                I don't think I need actual reasons. This is instinct man. The kind of shit that saved our ancestors from sabre-toothed tigers.
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                  Any piano players here?

                                                                                  Have been messing about with a few basic major chords but I'd love to learn how to improvise and jam.

                                                                                  With the guitar all you've got to do is learn the pentatonic scale and the world opens up.

                                                                                  Is it similar with the piano?


                                                                                  This might seem pedantic but its unchanging in music.
                                                                                  Music is all about notes, chords , harmony and rhythm. There is nothing different in any instrument except in the technique of playing any instrument . Pentatonic is just the 5 note major and minor scales with notes left out of the 7 note scale . If you learn where the keys are it's the same notes .

                                                                                  I love how piano players look at the guitar , they look to play the melody into the chords . Brady does it well .

                                                                                  If you are looking to improvise play your pentatonic on your guitar ( dont limit yourself to pentatonic though) then play along on your keyboard playing chords , then reverse it. Or just use backing track.

                                                                                  The best muscle you use playing music is your ear.

                                                                                  Music wankery comments finished . Sorry if this is all obvious but ya never know

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

                                                                                    Maybe they’ll stop brewing all their mank novelty beers now

                                                                                    Seems to be hinted at in the comments on Twitter and Instagram that part of why The company (some Irish beer distributors ) who initially outed him had done so was because he had stopped using them- kind of a weak move from them if true- if they followed him on social before they knew his views so decided to go for some handy Twitter likes when it cost them nothing
                                                                                    I haven’t seen his posts but yeah if it’s mad Q anonand proud boy stuff on an account used to represent the Brand it’s not a good look full stop. At the same time looking at some of the gloating from the other side..
                                                                                    What did he actually post? Just saw some instagram post, didn't see the proud boys/q stuff.

                                                                                    Yeah they had to switch distributors due to the new booze restrictions. Does seem that they all knew him before but it's only an issue now.


                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                                      I never really had an opinion on him but for a guy who is probably the most well known broadcaster earning 500k a year, he seems to get an incredible amount of abuse, does anyone like him?
                                                                                      I’ve yet to meet anyone who likes him- smarmy condescending bootlicker about sums him up- toy show is his level- say what you want about Pat Kenny but was/is a good current affairs interviewer- Tubridy is anything but.
                                                                                      his radio show is leap across the room to turn off if you forget to switch channel after morning Ireland level bad- I know it’s prob standard for radio shows but a huge amount of the texts he reads out are clearly made up

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                                        What did he actually post? Just saw some instagram post, didn't see the proud boys/q stuff.

                                                                                        Yeah they had to switch distributors due to the new booze restrictions. Does seem that they all knew him before but it's only an issue now.
                                                                                        All I’ve seen is a screenshot from the bottom of one of one of his insta posts- “ #followthemoney #billgatesisnotadoctor #vaccine #plandemic #iAmQ #wwg1wga”. but apparently he was at it for a while on his JoeWhiteHag account so not news to people in the industry for sure. The distributors deleted their like farming tweet

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          https://youtu.be/XMxSOiOWdvA

                                                                                          Solks and Lazare jam session

                                                                                          He he he

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            .

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                              James Comey on The LateLate tonight.
                                                                                              Thought he came across well.
                                                                                              Got the boot in nicelty without bitterness or sense of triumph.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Put a good guest presenter on the Late Late for a few weeks and see what happens

                                                                                                Like when the Gerry Ryan show ratings went up whenever Fanning(?) sat in for him
                                                                                                Or the days Ryan showed up late and nobody noticed


                                                                                                Didn't stop RTE giving Ryan the pay rises and prime time slot and sending Fanning back to the coal bunker

                                                                                                Also...Are the TAM (Irish Neilsen ratings) people really stopping the machine whenever they spend more time on their phone than watching the TV?


                                                                                                *I think people complaining about the show but still watching is factored into his wages

                                                                                                Safe to say he is stealing a living




                                                                                                TBH My only interaction with the show is people complaining about it so...
                                                                                                Last edited by Elshambles; 22-01-21, 23:08.
                                                                                                PMA

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                                                                                                  it's not a hangover solks - its something completely different.
                                                                                                  Noel i've had this for about 10 years - def an age thing. My Dad has had it for 20 so happened to him at 60 but I've narrowed it down to full bodied or extra heavy or high ABV wines (>14%) and without food particularly. Having said that Sudafed works or Actifed if you need to sleep. Manageable- Don't give up wine that's a complete over reaction !

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                    This might seem pedantic but its unchanging in music.
                                                                                                    Music is all about notes, chords , harmony and rhythm. There is nothing different in any instrument except in the technique of playing any instrument . Pentatonic is just the 5 note major and minor scales with notes left out of the 7 note scale . If you learn where the keys are it's the same notes .

                                                                                                    I love how piano players look at the guitar , they look to play the melody into the chords . Brady does it well .

                                                                                                    If you are looking to improvise play your pentatonic on your guitar ( dont limit yourself to pentatonic though) then play along on your keyboard playing chords , then reverse it. Or just use backing track.

                                                                                                    The best muscle you use playing music is your ear.

                                                                                                    Music wankery comments finished . Sorry if this is all obvious but ya never know
                                                                                                    Cheers Willie. I haven't yet tried the pentatonic on the piano. Tbh, I've no idea, other than the root, what the notes are, it's all muscle memory on the guitar. Easy enough to learn though.

                                                                                                    Thought though that while the concept is the same, improvising on the piano is a little tougher, a bit more going on.

                                                                                                    Like, I'll find the key of a song on the guitar and just jam with the pentatonic, picking notes, a few bends and slides.

                                                                                                    With the piano though, take Jools for example, when he jumps on it and just blasts out that improvised blues, jamming, it just seems a lot more complex.

                                                                                                    ​​​​​I'll have a crack at it
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Testing bottle number three here, all seems ok so far. Jaysus that LLS was nearly as depressing as my pick in Dundalk earlier. Tubridy isnt a thick fucker so why not send him in to interview rather than with pre-rehersed questions, something a la Tommy Tiernan. Anyway hopefully i run better on this final table than that nag earlier

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        Testing bottle number three here, all seems ok so far. Jaysus that LLS was nearly as depressing as my pick in Dundalk earlier. Tubridy isnt a thick fucker so why not send him in to interview rather than with pre-rehersed questions, something a la Tommy Tiernan. Anyway hopefully i run better on this final table than that nag earlier
                                                                                                        Has a few quid left on PP
                                                                                                        Emptied it on that race

                                                                                                        20EW on your pick - ye bollox
                                                                                                        Had Man of War at €10 win - good form in fairness
                                                                                                        had the 3rd place EW so money back

                                                                                                        Uptick of 50% on PP account so happy days!

                                                                                                        Edit
                                                                                                        good luck on the final table
                                                                                                        what's 1st prize

                                                                                                        PS
                                                                                                        On bottle number 3!! Sickpuppy must be lighting cigars with tenners
                                                                                                        Last edited by dinekes; 22-01-21, 23:51.

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Laz... You not seen the advert on YouTube for the App that takes you from complete beginner to knocking out 18th century showtunes in a matter if weeks?

                                                                                                          Jasas the whole family in the marketing presentation I saw were bang at it.. ​​​​​
                                                                                                          PMA

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by dinekes View Post

                                                                                                            Has a few quid left on PP
                                                                                                            Emptied it on that race

                                                                                                            20EW on your pick - ye bollox
                                                                                                            Had Man of War at €10 win - good form in fairness
                                                                                                            had the 3rd place EW so money back

                                                                                                            Uptick of 50% on PP account so happy days!

                                                                                                            Edit
                                                                                                            good luck on the final table
                                                                                                            what's 1st prize

                                                                                                            PS
                                                                                                            On bottle number 3!! Sickpuppy must be lighting cigars with tenners
                                                                                                            Ran about to par with the earlier horse 7th i think.

                                                                                                            Still ahead of sickpuppy so all good

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                              Laz... You not seen the advert on YouTube for the App that takes you from complete beginner to knocking out 18th century showtunes in a matter if weeks?

                                                                                                              Jasas the whole family in the marketing presentation I saw were bang at it.. ​​​​​
                                                                                                              No man, haven't seen it.

                                                                                                              Not too interested in learning how to play something though, just wanna learn how to play.

                                                                                                              Started off that way with the guitar, like everyone, trying to learn how to play songs. I could never finish one or perfect one though before getting bored and moving on to the next one.

                                                                                                              ​​​​​Meant I never learnt how to play an entire song.

                                                                                                              I'd actually be a really shit guitar wanker at a party.

                                                                                                              Can jam to anything though.

                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                                                                ​​​​​Meant I never learnt how to play an entire song.

                                                                                                                I'd actually be a really shit guitar wanker at a party.

                                                                                                                Can jam to anything though.
                                                                                                                That's the ultimate guitar wanker.

                                                                                                                It's not a competition, but if it was, you would win.

                                                                                                                ​​​​​


                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                  I don’t really care if it helps the newspapers
                                                                                                                  Anything that damages the ability of Facebook and google to make money is a good thing, 2 companies who have done more damage to the social fabric of western countries than possibly any in history- like you’d rather your kids grew up to work for tobacco companies than those 2

                                                                                                                  they are freeloading parasites and they need to have manners put on them in every possible way
                                                                                                                  Honestly this just comes across is extreme bitterness to the point of fanaticism (anti-fanactism?). It’s fits your narrative so it must be good. But I don’t think it holds up to the slightest scrutiny.
                                                                                                                  I mean for a start, it probably doesn’t affect Facebook/Google’s ability to make money. They just delist the sites they need to and move on. The delisted media site is harmed much more.
                                                                                                                  Also, “the fabric of society”. I don’t know about you, but I think society has far bigger problems than whatever FB/Google have done. That’s just me.

                                                                                                                  I’m also skeptical of anyone who says they don’t utilise FB/Google or equivalent services.

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                                                    That's the ultimate guitar wanker.

                                                                                                                    It's not a competition, but if it was, you would win.

                                                                                                                    ​​​​​

                                                                                                                    Ah thanks.

                                                                                                                    Want a backpack for the piano. Guitar wankin is so 2014.

                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                                                                      No man, haven't seen it.

                                                                                                                      Not too interested in learning how to play something though, just wanna learn how to play.

                                                                                                                      Started off that way with the guitar, like everyone, trying to learn how to play songs. I could never finish one or perfect one though before getting bored and moving on to the next one.

                                                                                                                      ​​​​​Meant I never learnt how to play an entire song.

                                                                                                                      I'd actually be a really shit guitar wanker at a party.

                                                                                                                      Can jam to anything though.
                                                                                                                      You are being hard on yourself if you have an ear to jam and jump into a session. You are ahead of the guitar wankers you just dont know it . Most songs are 3/4 chords . Playing melody over the chords is what piano players do from the start. I'd say you can play any campfire song , just learn the scale degrees . I'm not going through it as you know it I'm sure. Just take a scale and for each note play the corresponding chord . 1st major 2nd 3rd minor etc. All of these can be used in a song . Play melody over them and boom you are a fine guitarist. Imo of course

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Nice one Willie.

                                                                                                                        I should prob do more of that. Kinda lazy I suppose, been stuck in an enjoyable rut, sitting on the couch jamming to Jools or YouTube for a few years now.

                                                                                                                        Good way to get the wife to go to bed
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                          Honestly this just comes across is extreme bitterness to the point of fanaticism (anti-fanactism?). It’s fits your narrative so it must be good. But I don’t think it holds up to the slightest scrutiny.
                                                                                                                          I mean for a start, it probably doesn’t affect Facebook/Google’s ability to make money. They just delist the sites they need to and move on. The delisted media site is harmed much more.
                                                                                                                          Also, “the fabric of society”. I don’t know about you, but I think society has far bigger problems than whatever FB/Google have done. That’s just me.

                                                                                                                          I’m also skeptical of anyone who says they don’t utilise FB/Google or equivalent services.
                                                                                                                          FB is complicit in the Myanmar genocide and is one of the greatest facilitators of propaganda and disinformation to have existed in human history, that’s not in any way an exaggeration.
                                                                                                                          they could do something about it (and in some recent high profile examples are belatedly doing something about it) , but it suits there bottom line better no to.
                                                                                                                          not sure why you are sceptical about people saying they don’t use their services.

                                                                                                                          I don’t have a Facebook or Instagram account- there is no social cost to me for this - I don’t feel I’m missing out on anything- they are not useful or essential at all.
                                                                                                                          unfortunately I still am a Facebook customer in that I have to use WhatsApp for work and a few other things- don’t like it but there would be a cost

                                                                                                                          Google- I use duck duck go for search, Apple maps for maps, outlook for mail and dont use google photos. Again not missing out and none of it an inconvenience at all.
                                                                                                                          Can’t escape completely - I do use YouTube

                                                                                                                          im sure not all my alternatives are shiny white but it’s better than being presented with evidence of how scummy google and Facebook are and just shrugging your shoulders because “convenience “

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X