Banner Ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ‘The people who killed my dad got out – that was a price worth paying for peace’ – Patrick Kielty

    Whatever you might think about Paddy Kielty's comedy, his background, missus or whatever there's an object lesson here in moving on and the dignity in the face of knowing the man who did it could be just around the corner anytime you make a turn is unassailable.


    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 15-01-21, 20:35.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

      I talk about 'our Argentinian guy' or 'our man in Buenos Aires' all the time.

      Any more of this shit and I'll be wearing a Trump t-shirt.
      It was probably all the trips to South Africa way back when that turned you into the racist you are today...


      Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

      Comment


        Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
        It was probably all the trips to South Africa way back when that turned you into the racist you are today...


        Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
        Indubitably.

        I'm prejudiced against pretty much everyone. I personally view this as a healthy expression of extremist egalitarianism.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

        Comment


          Man, MRIs are deeply unpleasant. Thought I'd seen the full gamut of annoying imaging machines, but those MRIs take the biscuit.
          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 15-01-21, 22:37.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

          Comment


            So....5 Trump days left.

            What final acts of insanity have we got to look forward to?

            Some fun presidential pardons to come yet imo.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

            Comment


              View: people who steal when the opportunity arises in which they can't get caught but don't otherwise are morally worse than ordinary thieves who at least have the guts to act in accordance with their values.

              Comment


                Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                View: people who steal when the opportunity arises in which they can't get caught but don't otherwise are morally worse than ordinary thieves who at least have the guts to act in accordance with their values.
                What if you steal in a socially responsible manner?
                Like, for example, stealing Lazare's guitar at a house party.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                  What if you steal in a socially responsible manner?
                  Like, for example, stealing Lazare's guitar at a house party.
                  I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    View: people who steal when the opportunity arises in which they can't get caught but don't otherwise are morally worse than ordinary thieves who at least have the guts to act in accordance with their values.
                    Wrong, you can always get caught, no such thing as the perfect crime
                    Turning millions into thousands

                    Comment


                      The historian David Olusogo was on Desert Island Discs this morning and had some great picks, I put them in a playlist with one substitution

                      https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7h...0a3K3nqekgkpEu
                      Turning millions into thousands

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                        In other news, I'm very late to this but my top 20 tunes of 2020 are below along with a link to the Spotify playlist

                        20) Yard Act – Fixer Upper
                        19) Pillow Queens – Holy Show
                        18) Janelle Monae – Turntables
                        17) Doves – Prisoners
                        16) Caribou – You & I
                        15) Waxahatchee – Fire
                        14) Christine & The Queens – People, I’ve Been Sad
                        13) Matt Berninger – Distant Axis
                        12) The Flaming Lips – Will You Return / When You Come Down
                        11) Ailbhe Reddy - Looking Happy
                        10) Sault – Wildfires
                        9) Perfume Genius – Without You
                        8) Jonsi – Swill
                        7) Working Men’s Club – Valleys
                        6) Arab Strap – Compersion Pt 1
                        5) This is the Kit – Coming to Get You Nowhere
                        4) Ghostpoet - I Grow Tired But Dare Not Fall Asleep
                        3) Michael Kiwanuka – You Ain’t the Problem
                        2) Fontaines DC – You Said
                        1) This is the Kit – This Is What You did

                        https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4j...R92XZJRiyCQdjQ
                        I had somehow missed that Jonsi had an album last year, brilliant. Loving this playlist so far.

                        I would probably never have noticed Christine and the Queens without your top 20s, and she is sublime.
                        Last edited by Keane; 15-01-21, 23:33.

                        Comment


                          For HJ
                          https://crypto-anonymous-2021.medium...e-f8dcf78a64d3

                          “PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019

                          Comment


                            I notice this isn't the first time you've mentioned tether. Like all good conspiracy theories, (and that is one) it contains an element of truth and a lot of unhinged craziness. Tether is the original stablecoin, but there are now plenty of others (USDC, DAI etc) which don't have the same legal problems and would happily take it's place.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Man, MRIs are deeply unpleasant. Thought I'd seen the full gamut of annoying imaging machines, but those MRIs take the biscuit.
                              Is that the one where you suddenly realise you are far more claustrophobic than you ever thought you were?
                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

                                I notice this isn't the first time you've mentioned tether. Like all good conspiracy theories, (and that is one) it contains an element of truth and a lot of unhinged craziness. Tether is the original stablecoin, but there are now plenty of others (USDC, DAI etc) which don't have the same legal problems and would happily take it's place.
                                I dont see any unhinged craziness in that article, if you somehow do, you have read a different piece or read it under a lense of emotive belief in cryptos and their capacity to change the system or whatever.

                                Seperate topic all together but is it not a bit nuts that there is literally no mention of the Norway deaths or German deaths in elderly with relation to the vaccine!!!

                                And lastly, I never post here anymore. I find the site utterly unusable, surely surely there is a way to have a normal functioning site, from what I gather people are actually saying they will contribute money to make that happen, I'd certainly be in that boat. Not trying to offend or put anyone nose out of joint but it was a community, you would see various posts in the general forum, rip, wells, it's now just spam. There are a gazzion sites that function and work, like surely IPB will just basically disappear into tumbleweed unless something is done?

                                Comment


                                  [QUOTE=jbravado;n1684949]

                                  I dont see any unhinged craziness in that article
                                  [ /QUOTE]

                                  The author makes a lot of very basic mistakes and pulls numbers out of his ass. It's an anonymous medium post with the comments turned off.

                                  If what he was saying was true, or had any merit there are very simple ways for him to trade on that information and make a lot of money. Tether is pegged to a dollar, so you could short it with basically no risk.

                                  Ultimately tether has a market cap of 20b and has almost an infinite amount of competitors, it's not even that big of a deal.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                    I read an article today which argued that Trump is most certainly the worst character to have been President. And I think that's undeniable.
                                    Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                    ​​
                                    I mean... by any objective standard its hard to imagine a worse president.
                                    Are you guys being objective here?

                                    There's presidents involved in slavery, genocide, torture, invasions, dropping nukes. Andrew Jackson effectively shot someone in cold blood.

                                    Is there a name for the mental bias of ascribing too much importance to our own time period.

                                    Comment


                                      Zing from Denny with a slam dunk universal realise this mofos that we have turned into a pack of drool bots gorging on whatever AI hit driven media is presented to us as news.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        Are you guys being objective here?

                                        There's presidents involved in slavery, genocide, torture, invasions, dropping nukes. Andrew Jackson effectively shot someone in cold blood.

                                        Is there a name for the mental bias of ascribing too much importance to our own time period.
                                        Recency bias (hence why you can have a poll to, for example, nominate the greatest Briton of all time that comes up with....Princess Diana).

                                        It's too soon to know if Trump was the worst President ever. We can however say he was undoubtedly the worst character to occupy the office.

                                        If not the worst President ever, he'll certainly be in the bottom three imo.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                        Comment


                                          finally bit the bullet and bought a WIFI 6 router to replace my Virgin media hub. i'm just blown away by the difference it makes in terms of loading pages, connection speeds etc. even with everyone in the house connected at once. impressive stuff. now to find a cheapish wifi 6 mesh system to replace my current one, and we'll be sorted!

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                            Leaflet in the door tonight from the Nationalist Party too. It’s all kicking off now
                                            "See how well brexit is going? That could be us!"

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                              Is that the one where you suddenly realise you are far more claustrophobic than you ever thought you were?
                                              definitely!! especially when you go in head first, your shoulders and your nose are more or less touching the sides and the exit is well past the end of your feet. I learned to breathe slow real quick in that one. happy place happy place happy place!

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                "See how well brexit is going? That could be us!"
                                                we'd be stronger aligned with the UK

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

                                                  definitely!! especially when you go in head first, your shoulders and your nose are more or less touching the sides and the exit is well past the end of your feet. I learned to breathe slow real quick in that one. happy place happy place happy place!
                                                  I was literally crying when I had one. Felt like much longer than the time was supposed to be, and they were immediately doing a second run after they injected me with something to make my heart go a lot faster.
                                                  Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                    5/20 I also know one of the Pillow Queens, looks like they are going to be huge.
                                                    They played nearly every festival back in 2019. Unfortunately that's usually the ceiling of Irish bands unless they get lucky.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                      Is that the one where you suddenly realise you are far more claustrophobic than you ever thought you were?
                                                      Thats the one! I had a momentary freakout before going in - wondering if somehow I might have injested metal by accident and it would be sucked out by the magnets. Yeah and then inside the coffin like structure for ages with all those weird sounds.
                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                      Comment


                                                        The alternative investment market is really something
                                                        https://mobile.twitter.com/nba_topshot

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          Why would you pay a restaurant to cook your own food?
                                                          Just novelty. thinking to try something different. Takeaways are usually pretty underwhelming.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                            Zing from Denny with a slam dunk universal realise this mofos that we have turned into a pack of drool bots gorging on whatever AI hit driven media is presented to us as news.
                                                            When has it been different? Dont fall for that old chestnut . You have access to more info then anyone ever has in history .

                                                            Use your own IQ to disseminate. More often than most the truth is easy to spot . Dont be hysterical. TRUMP is hardly being misrepresented. Look at his base . Clearly the type to fill your description . Look how well received Pence was by the so called left when he did the minimal. Maybe Trump is as despicable as many many of his close confidants have spoken about .

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                              Novelty. Just thinking to try something different. Takeaways are usually pretty underwhelming.
                                                              Mongolian barbecue is pretty novel

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                There's presidents involved in slavery, genocide, torture, invasions, dropping nukes. Andrew Jackson effectively shot someone in cold blood.

                                                                Is there a name for the mental bias of ascribing too much importance to our own time period.
                                                                Dunno but there is deffo a word for anachronistic moralising

                                                                Here's a measure of chatacter that mihght help you find some perspective.

                                                                Which US President when faced with his party forcing recounts on him after a close race said "Our country cannot addord the agony of a constitutinal crisis and I damn well not be party to creating one just to become President"

                                                                Clue, his name appears in just about every list of the worst three Presidents.



                                                                Turning millions into thousands

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                  They played nearly every festival back in 2019. Unfortunately that's usually the ceiling of Irish bands unless they get lucky.
                                                                  They are working very hard at it, I suppose missing 2020 is a setback that will affect their long term prospects.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Which US President when faced with his party forcing recounts on him after a close race said "Our country cannot addord the agony of a constitutinal crisis and I damn well not be party to creating one just to become President"
                                                                    Looking into this, fun stuff.

                                                                    The 1960 election between John F. Kennedy and Richard M. Nixon was very close, and supposedly Chicago’s Mayor Daley and his Democratic machine were stuffing ballot boxes in Northern Illinois which let Kennedy win Illinois. Nixon learned about this, but he never said a word or complained. Why? Because Nixon’s people were stuffing ballot boxes in Southern Illinois. He tipped his hat and conceded to Kennedy out of respect for being outplayed at the dirty game of politics.
                                                                    Kennedy barely squeaked out a win in Illinois. Just 8,800 votes separated the two gentlemen. The Democrat owed his win in that state to running up the numbers in Cook County, which was under the firm grip of Mayor Richard Daley’s political machine. Daley was a renown ballot box stuffer. The old joke of votes being cast by names on tombstones is largely a legacy of the mayor’s shenanigans.

                                                                    In Texas, another old pro of making votes appear out of nowhere like manna from heaven was Lyndon Baines Johnson, Kennedy’s running mate. After losing his first run for Congress due to voter fraud, Johnson vowed that he would never be “out stole” again, and he never was. He became a master at the craft. By 1960, he ran the entire state with an iron fist. Kennedy’s margin of victory in Texas was just 46,000 votes. For a manipulator like Johnson, manufacturing fraudulent election totals would have been child’s play.
                                                                    Let's end with a great quote about Nixon from Truman:
                                                                    Richard Nixon is a no good, lying bastard. He can lie out of both sides of his mouth at the same time, and if he ever caught himself telling the truth, he'd lie just to keep his hand in.”

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                      They played nearly every festival back in 2019. Unfortunately that's usually the ceiling of Irish bands unless they get lucky.
                                                                      They made their US TV debut on Tuesday this week on The Late Late show with James Corden.

                                                                      Obviously not a guarantee of success over there but it definitely helps open up a potentially huge new audience.



                                                                      Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Both the washing machine and the dryer have packed it in over the course of the last two days.

                                                                        Leading me to wonder are machines now capable of sentient thought, leading them to a suicide pact in order to escape the unending cycle of underpants, socks and t-shirts?
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                          I may destroy you and Small Axe are two exceptional series from BBC this year. I think I may destroy you may might be right up your street
                                                                          I'm always a bit apprehensive when someone says that. Now after watching some of it I'm really not sure what to think

                                                                          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Speaking of up your street I'd be interested in what you think of Industry, IMO it was entertaining and all the actors in it will be stars but it was also very overrated.
                                                                          I hadn't heard of this at all.

                                                                          there's a lot of gratuitous sex and drugs in these shows that you're recommending SP

                                                                          I was going to give up on it after the first episode but it's actually very good. I'd almost be tempted to watch the start again now that we know the characters, and given its pace. Cast all excellent.

                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Of course the Scottish guy is on heroin.

                                                                          During the first episode, I was thinking about the difference between Mad Men and everything else. It took Mad Men multiple seasons to develop what Industry did in the first 40 mins with the client harassing her.

                                                                          Felt like they borrowed ideas but not the depth of mad men, and swapped the booze for drugs. There was the Zou Bisou Bisou moment, , elevator scenes, the old salesman losing his one account, the tension between youth, class, gender, minorities.

                                                                          The trade stuff is obv all cringe but that's to be expected.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Why is there almost no mention of the Norway deaths 23 almost immediately after vaccination and Germany in the mainstream media? Does anyone find it at the VERY least unusual. It seems to me absolutely nuts that there would not be more mention of it all things be equal

                                                                            I am not in the slightest bit anti Vax etc but can increasingly see blind spots where people are forced into a corner when they even try and question things. EVEN extending to Denny when he asked some questions about how Trump is sold to us etc etc etc.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                              Zing from Denny with a slam dunk universal realise this mofos that we have turned into a pack of drool bots gorging on whatever AI hit driven media is presented to us as news.
                                                                              Meh...just the standard abused spouse defensive reply

                                                                              Ya, ok, my man's a cunt but but look at that guy..

                                                                              Doesn't change the fact Trump is a fucktard cunt

                                                                              Who is connected to a pedo ring case

                                                                              Has paid off numerous sexual assault allegations against him(including children)

                                                                              Bankruptcy might as well be his middle name
                                                                              Has a business model that involves bankrupting contractors by refusing to pay

                                                                              Failed as a casino owner and who would be an unknown failed grifter if he didn't have daddies racist money to piss away

                                                                              But ya....what about that fella 200 years ago


                                                                              Maybe stop watching American news for a while!
                                                                              PMA

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                Why is there almost no mention of the Norway deaths 23 almost immediately after vaccination and Germany in the mainstream media? Does anyone find it at the VERY least unusual. It seems to me absolutely nuts that there would not be more mention of it all things be equal

                                                                                I am not in the slightest bit anti Vax etc but can increasingly see blind spots where people are forced into a corner when they even try and question things. EVEN extending to Denny when he asked some questions about how Trump is sold to us etc etc etc.
                                                                                According to a tweet I saw quoting actuarial tables this is basically a non-event - "In Ireland, for every ~12,000 aged 80+ we vaccinate, we can expect 23 to pass away in the following week alone from natural causes". The deaths in Norway are out of 33,000 people who got the jab so 23 is what, 0.0007% of the most vulnerable? How does that compare to % chance of dying of covid for that cohort?

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  AJ got that thanks. Site won't allow me to respond by pm or post on multisports thread. Lost the will to live with it so posted it here.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Keane View Post

                                                                                    According to a tweet I saw quoting actuarial tables this is basically a non-event - "In Ireland, for every ~12,000 aged 80+ we vaccinate, we can expect 23 to pass away in the following week alone from natural causes". The deaths in Norway are out of 33,000 people who got the jab so 23 is what, 0.0007% of the most vulnerable? How does that compare to % chance of dying of covid for that cohort?
                                                                                    Good article on it: https://www.thejournal.ie/norway-vac...26967-Jan2021/

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Keane View Post

                                                                                      According to a tweet I saw quoting actuarial tables this is basically a non-event - "In Ireland, for every ~12,000 aged 80+ we vaccinate, we can expect 23 to pass away in the following week alone from natural causes". The deaths in Norway are out of 33,000 people who got the jab so 23 is what, 0.0007% of the most vulnerable? How does that compare to % chance of dying of covid for that cohort?
                                                                                      Do you think thats the reason there is almost zero mainstream media coverage of it? Does it strike you as unusual in anyway that it hasnt recieved more coverage?

                                                                                      Do you think all things being equal you would expect to see it as a headline somewhere other than some fleeting mention. Even in terms of sensationalist journalism etc.

                                                                                      Non event or no, if one had parents, 85 plus or whatever, be a conversation whether having that particular vaccine would be a good idea.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                        Why is there almost no mention of the Norway deaths 23 almost immediately after vaccination and Germany in the mainstream media? Does anyone find it at the VERY least unusual. It seems to me absolutely nuts that there would not be more mention of it all things be equal

                                                                                        I am not in the slightest bit anti Vax etc but can increasingly see blind spots where people are forced into a corner when they even try and question things. EVEN extending to Denny when he asked some questions about how Trump is sold to us etc etc etc.

                                                                                        It has been mentioned in media I read or see and seems to be fairly ubiquitous. And my media is very mainstream.

                                                                                        As an aside Samwise, this thought process you are developing here, be careful. All paths lead to trouble.
                                                                                        "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by jbravado View Post

                                                                                          Do you think thats the reason there is almost zero mainstream media coverage of it? Does it strike you as unusual in anyway that it hasnt recieved more coverage?

                                                                                          Do you think all things being equal you would expect to see it as a headline somewhere other than some fleeting mention. Even in terms of sensationalist journalism etc.

                                                                                          Non event or no, if one had parents, 85 plus or whatever, be a conversation whether having that particular vaccine would be a good idea.
                                                                                          Yes I do think the reason it hasn't had much media coverage is because it isn't very newsworthy.

                                                                                          I did see it as a headline somewhere, which is how I know about it. Did you divine it from tea leaves?

                                                                                          Again, if I had parents who were 85+ I would be weighing up the chances the vaccine kills them vs the chances that covid kills them.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by Theresa View Post


                                                                                            It has been mentioned in media I read or see and seems to be fairly ubiquitous. And my media is very mainstream.

                                                                                            As an aside Samwise, this thought process you are developing here, be careful. All paths lead to trouble.
                                                                                            The thought process of posing the question. I'd argue exactly the opposite, the throught process of not being able to even consider the question, irrespective of whatever conclusions you reach is bad biz. Maybe you do that process and decide, nah story checks out, was mentioned, appropriate coverage etc. All cool. Its jarring how difficult it is for the conversation to even get there. The non awareness that it's a knee jerk reaction, a defence, understood or not to a system bigger, stronger and more powerful than us. Happens not only in politics, covidy vaxy, bolloxoly stuff but increasingly to everything and anything. I'm this. You are that. And. What. Not.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Keane View Post

                                                                                              Yes I do think the reason it hasn't had much media coverage is because it isn't very newsworthy.

                                                                                              I did see it as a headline somewhere, which is how I know about it. Did you divine it from tea leaves?

                                                                                              Again, if I had parents who were 85+ I would be weighing up the chances the vaccine kills them vs the chances that covid kills them.
                                                                                              Do you think I divined it from tea leaves Keane or are you simply being obnoxious?

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by jbravado View Post

                                                                                                The thought process of posing the question. I'd argue exactly the opposite, the throught process of not being able to even consider the question, irrespective of whatever conclusions you reach is bad biz. Maybe you do that process and decide, nah story checks out, was mentioned, appropriate coverage etc. All cool. Its jarring how difficult it is for the conversation to even get there. The non awareness that it's a knee jerk reaction, a defence, understood or not to a system bigger, stronger and more powerful than us. Happens not only in politics, covidy vaxy, bolloxoly stuff but increasingly to everything and anything. I'm this. You are that. And. What. Not.
                                                                                                The thought process of posing the question isn’t the issue. Anyone reasonable would expect that.

                                                                                                The thought process that the events you are asking about are more significant than they are in reality and that by them not being highlighted or by people not bothering to answer that there is some sort of repression/conspiracy. That’s dangerous. All roads lead to Q. I’ve seen this before.

                                                                                                Why do you think that this Norway thing hasn’t been mentioned in Mainstream media?
                                                                                                "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  1. It has been covered, I'm not debating that, see Keanes charming contribution. I personally am surprised at how little coverage it has recieved. From a life time of reading news I would have imagined it being a main story. That doesnt appear the case. And we seem to disagree on its importance. Again, that's cool. We can disagree.

                                                                                                  Do I think its beyond the realms or possibility that big pharma, would want to suppress or dilute the fact that 23 elderly patients died almost immediately after taking the vaccine.

                                                                                                  No, I dont. Do you?

                                                                                                  Do I know? Of course not, like almost all this stuff all you can say is YOU DONT KNOW. We dont know.

                                                                                                  I simply posted the question, did anyone find it unusual that it hasnt received, as of yet, much main stream media attention.

                                                                                                  I personally find it unusual. You guys dont appear to. Again, that's cool too.
                                                                                                  Last edited by jbravado; 16-01-21, 15:32.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by jbravado View Post

                                                                                                    Do you think I divined it from tea leaves Keane or are you simply being obnoxious?
                                                                                                    I think you saw it in the media Sam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                      1. It has been covered, I'm not debating that, see Keanes charming contribution. I personally am surprised at how little coverage it has recieved. From a life time of reading news I would have imagined it being a main story. That doesnt appear the case. And we seem to disagree on its importance. Again, that's cool. We can disagree.

                                                                                                      Do I think its beyond the realms or possibility that big pharma, would want to suppress or dilute the fact that 23 elderly patients died almost immediately after taking the vaccine.

                                                                                                      No, I dont. Do you?

                                                                                                      Do I know? Of course not, like almost all this stuff all you can say is YOU DONT KNOW. We dont know.

                                                                                                      I simply posted the question, did anyone find it unusual that it hasnt received, as of yet, much main stream media attention.

                                                                                                      I personally find it unusual. You guys dont appear to. Again, that's cool too.
                                                                                                      So this comes down to magnitude of significance.

                                                                                                      It absolutely has received media coverage. You’ve got an example here from the journal.

                                                                                                      you seem to think it’s more significant than the media do and are saying that the difference in significance between you and and the media is some sort of big pharma cover up.

                                                                                                      What do you think is more likely?

                                                                                                      That big pharma have enough doctors in Norway under their control, and enough people in newspapers and media companies all over the world to suppress/dilute this info.

                                                                                                      or

                                                                                                      that the 23 people dying was reasonably explainable and so not deemed to be so significant by many reasonable people as to receive the coverage you think it should get.

                                                                                                      "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                        Why is there almost no mention of the Norway deaths 23 almost immediately after vaccination and Germany in the mainstream media? Does anyone find it at the VERY least unusual. It seems to me absolutely nuts that there would not be more mention of it all things be equal

                                                                                                        I am not in the slightest bit anti Vax etc but can increasingly see blind spots where people are forced into a corner when they even try and question things. EVEN extending to Denny when he asked some questions about how Trump is sold to us etc etc etc.
                                                                                                        It was widely reported yesterday. It's a genuine concern for me, I looked at the numbers reported from Norway and Germany they don't look at all alarming, pulling the vaccine maybe a huge overreaction. I'll still be trying to get the vaccine into my Da asap (ifn I can figure out hoe the feck I can get it into him ) even though he is very weak, when you are that weak literally anything could kill you but covid is 95% + to do it.

                                                                                                        There is more to consider than just the raw % chance of getting a reaction to the jab, there is what him being vaccinated means for his carers and their families not to mention that he hasn't seen any of his family or his visitors like the priest for a year. Imagine if canhow miserable it would be if you had to spend so much of the little time you have remaining with a miserable cranky bollix like me
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          I have a friend living in the States who is friends with some Trump supporters. Their latest theory is : "the looters in the capitol were undercover cia to steal polosi's laptop,of which some crazy shit will be released soon to prove the stolen election. The other thugs are undercover antifa and BLM. The national guard are in Washington because trump is going to convince some generals to side with him and present it as a coup by Biden."

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by Theresa View Post

                                                                                                            So this comes down to magnitude of significance.

                                                                                                            It absolutely has received media coverage. You’ve got an example here from the journal.

                                                                                                            you seem to think it’s more significant than the media do and are saying that the difference in significance between you and and the media is some sort of big pharma cover up.

                                                                                                            What do you think is more likely?

                                                                                                            That big pharma have enough doctors in Norway under their control, and enough people in newspapers and media companies all over the world to suppress/dilute this info.

                                                                                                            or

                                                                                                            that the 23 people dying was reasonably explainable and so not deemed to be so significant by many reasonable people as to receive the coverage you think it should get.
                                                                                                            I'd ask you to with a concentrated mind, not to sound too cunty, read what I ACTUALLY wrote.

                                                                                                            I dont know.

                                                                                                            Nor do you.

                                                                                                            I guess from here it quickly and unfortunately moves to belief systems, and due to IMO the corrosive nature of instant and easy communication has increasingly placed humanity in polarity.

                                                                                                            You are right, what we disagree on is magnitude of significance. That changes with the personal. I'd imagine if both our aul lads or aul ones had taken it, insta got dusted, conversation may or may not look differently right.

                                                                                                            Please, God, or that elephant lad, or whatever consciousness, or mumbo jumbo shapes our own individual perception that doesnt happen.

                                                                                                            I'd this exchange with my best mate earlier who also 'disagrees' with me and doesnt find things I find unusual unusual so gona bow out of the conversation now.

                                                                                                            I'd imagine wed have different opinions on lots of things within the realm of real or possible now Ste! Get back on the mushrooms dont shut the doors of perception!

                                                                                                            Agent chaos.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              The Norwegian thing about the really frail old fogies snuffing it has been pretty much high on my new feeds . I think there will always be a concern here but as ye are all maths types you know it's about the maths. I'm the other side of some bug that floored me but with zero covid symptoms. No idea what it was. I'm diving on a vaccine . I read early on in this that if you received the BCG injections there is a low death rate
                                                                                                              who knows Trumps a cunt though . Just because you think the news tries to over report it like a promising England star doesnt mean he isnt. even his own niece predicts his every move .

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                More importantly. Utd v pool . A perfect match to watch in a pub with demented fans fu covid

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Norway has the most free press in the world.

                                                                                                                  I looked at this and would conclude there is no 'there' there.

                                                                                                                  All points about not mindlessly swallowing what you're fed are valid. But a free press, grounded in journalistic ethics, is always going to be the best source of information possible.
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Does anyone have a recommendation for a fitness instructor who does 1 on 1 in Dublin 9 region?

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Free from who, the 'their' sounds like some group of evil overlords, vaccine making gazzionairles rubbing their hands and plotting demise and DOOM! of course not, it's with all this stuff a really subtle thing, call it economics or whatever, the system MAN, Yada yada yada. Let's take the free press as an example, generally accepted we have reached a tipping point where media now answers to hits, traffic and digestion, driving the content rather than necessarily truth per say, obv slightly hyperbolic to an extent but only to an extent. No evil overlords, arguably filthy AI taking away our choice of consumption without us even realizing it. A corrosion of journalist sacrecant that happened gradually and subtlety, for the most part under our noses. Of course can argue well we never really were choosing our 'digital' consumption, see print media etc but never with this relentless intelligence and volume.

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Free from who, the 'their' sounds like some group of evil overlords, vaccine making gazzionairles rubbing their hands and plotting demise and DOOM! of course not, it's with all this stuff a really subtle thing, call it economics or whatever, the system MAN, Yada yada yada. Let's take the free press as an example, generally accepted we have reached a tipping point where media now answers to hits, traffic and digestion, driving the content rather than necessarily truth per say, obv slightly hyperbolic to an extent but only to an extent. No evil overlords, arguably filthy AI taking away our choice of consumption without us even realizing it. A corrosion of journalist sacrecant that happened gradually and subtlety, for the most part under our noses. Of course can argue well we never really were choosing our 'digital' consumption, see print media etc but never with this relentless intelligence and volume.

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          I see the next Leader of the Free World has been anointed.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X