Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Well now

    https://www.facebook.com/10000373282...6864/?sfnsn=wa

    Comment


      Are people being bitter about GAA or just being realistic?
      Like I'd compare it to world table tennis. China have a far bigger population than anybody else and as a result a far bigger pool of talent. They are up to nine consecutive world team championships now and its bi-annual events, they've won 15 of the last twenty.

      I'm not criticising anybody but Dublin has a really professional set-up and as long as they have that they are going to dominate the sport. Inter county GAA will lose popularity as people get fed up of the same team winning year after year.

      If Dublin could put a second team into the Championship do you think they might have two teams in the final? I know a lot of people who think Dublin has enough talent to do that.

      It's going to be a problem when attendance numbers dwindle.

      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

      Comment


        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

        Yep. I've similarly topped up on books. Been road testing a new idea of reading physical non fiction and only reading novels on the kindle. The price of paper books is shocking.

        We've probably a few months of shutdown ahead.

        ​​​​​
        I gave away 2 bags of books in the past few days because I've bought a lot in the past few weeks as online buying had got out of hand.
        I'm saying I'm done but likely a lie.
        Follow a similar fiction/non-fiction method to you, I also love the daily 99c deal on Kindle no matter the genre.

        On Covid, I think schools might close in the coming weeks. I know INTO are getting far more pressure regarding health of teachers. Not for long but the circuit breaker idea.

        I told her family in mid December we'd have 1k cases by Xmas and somewhere close to 4k+ cases by mid January which is a guess I'll stick with.

        People will get a pretty substantial shock in the coming days as others finally start going for tests which they avoided over the last week.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

          I gave away 2 bags of books in the past few days because I've bought a lot in the past few weeks as online buying had got out of hand.
          I'm saying I'm done but likely a lie.
          Follow a similar fiction/non-fiction method to you, I also love the daily 99c deal on Kindle no matter the genre.

          On Covid, I think schools might close in the coming weeks. I know INTO are getting far more pressure regarding health of teachers. Not for long but the circuit breaker idea.

          I told her family in mid December we'd have 1k cases by Xmas and somewhere close to 4k+ cases by mid January which is a guess I'll stick with.

          People will get a pretty substantial shock in the coming days as others finally start going for tests which they avoided over the last week.
          Know 2 people who had to cancel Christmas due to being a. A close contact (found out 30 mins from end of a 4 hour drive home) and b. Close contact of a close contact
          both decided to cancel all plans of visiting home for Christmas and isolate- there will be a a significant minority who won’t have when faced with similar situations- and in addition will have socialised extensively gonna be grim

          Comment


            Legendary stuff, Rory Bremner prank calls may have inadvertently saved John Major from Eurosceptic revolt in 1993. Would have been huge implications there for the peace process as well no doubt.

            Newly released historical files show the comedian impersonated the then-PM in phone calls with Tory MPs.
            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

            Comment


              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

              Why would you want anything more than Greene himself?

              Going around the continents, how about a few suggestions:
              1. South America: just read some Mario Varghas Llosa. Start with The Feast of The Goat. You can upgrade to Borges as you see fit.
              2. Asia: I will never lose my love for Haruki Murakami. You start with Norweigan Wood. Snow by Orhan Pamuk is a worthy substitute.
              3. Africa: JM Coetzee. Kick off with Disgrace. Andre Brink and A Dry White Season is another apartheid-era classic.
              4. Australia: this is a great Aussie page turner; The Lost Man by Jane Harper.
              5. Here's a really good historical thriller from the US: November Road by Lou Berney.
              None of them will quite have the Scott Fitzgerald-esque lushness and elegance of A Gentleman in Moscow, but they are all very fine reads and will give you a taste of the wider world.

              I've been resisting Where the Crawdads Sing for a while but it seems to garner equal levels of reaction so might give that a spin next.

              Then finally, The Caliph's House is both hilarious and touching. Brilliant writing.
              I might branch out and read some non Russian fiction next year

              Comment


                Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                I might branch out and read some non Russian fiction next year
                Da tovarisch.

                It's good to read stuff from all over. I feel like there must be some great east European books (not Russian) to read but I've only ever read a handful like The Good Soldier Švejk or The Unbearable Lightness of Being. There's got to be some great Romanian or Bulgarian fiction out there.

                I have been meaning to read some Joseph Roth for that Mitteleuropa vibe of Austro=Hungarian decay for some time. Now might be appropriate.

                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                  I might branch out and read some non Russian fiction next year
                  Do not bother with inferior capitalist literature, dovarish
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                  Comment


                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                      Where the hell is that champ fellow with the quiz answers
                      Answers out tomorrow. Will share as soon as I have them.

                      Comment


                        Was in Moss Brothers on the hopes of opportunistically picking up a nice suit. Are their suits considered dodgy, okay, good, great? Assuming of course that the right tailoring is done afterwards.

                        They seemed to have some suits made of a nice Italian fabric - Zeyna - but I don't really know if that's good or they just consider it good.

                        https://www.mossbros.ie/ermenegildo-...cket-966516891
                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 30-12-20, 14:44.
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                        Comment


                          Legend, Pat M

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                            Why would you want anything more than Greene himself?

                            Going around the continents, how about a few suggestions:
                            1. South America: just read some Mario Varghas Llosa. Start with The Feast of The Goat. You can upgrade to Borges as you see fit.
                            2. Asia: I will never lose my love for Haruki Murakami. You start with Norweigan Wood. Snow by Orhan Pamuk is a worthy substitute.
                            3. Africa: JM Coetzee. Kick off with Disgrace. Andre Brink and A Dry White Season is another apartheid-era classic.
                            4. Australia: this is a great Aussie page turner; The Lost Man by Jane Harper.
                            5. Here's a really good historical thriller from the US: November Road by Lou Berney.
                            None of them will quite have the Scott Fitzgerald-esque lushness and elegance of A Gentleman in Moscow, but they are all very fine reads and will give you a taste of the wider world.

                            I've been resisting Where the Crawdads Sing for a while but it seems to garner equal levels of reaction so might give that a spin next.

                            Then finally, The Caliph's House is both hilarious and touching. Brilliant writing.
                            where do we stand on coffee table books? Will have to furnish a new place and I'm supposed to grown and fancy these days, so a few recommendations would be appreciated

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Was in Moss Brothers on the hopes of opportunistically picking up a nice suit. Are their suits considered dodgy, okay, good, great? Assuming of course that the right tailoring is done afterwards.

                              They seemed to have some suits made of a nice Italian fabric - Zeyna - but I don't really know if that's good or they just consider it good.

                              https://www.mossbros.ie/ermenegildo-...cket-966516891
                              Got a couple of suits over the last couple of years from them

                              nice quality and still wearing well

                              Comment


                                Bought a Norweigan hat to go with my sweater and it arrived today. Undoubtedly the warmest piece of headgear I've ever owned.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                Comment


                                  Looks like the whole final season of Vikings has been leaked?

                                  edit.No, looks like Amazon just released all 10 together...last week would have been better Amazon !
                                  Last edited by oleras; 30-12-20, 16:00.
                                  This too shall pass.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Trippie View Post

                                    where do we stand on coffee table books? Will have to furnish a new place and I'm supposed to grown and fancy these days, so a few recommendations would be appreciated
                                    We say 'welcome to the 1970s'.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                    Comment


                                      US hit a new high for deaths yesterday (3,628). Grim few months ahead yet I fear.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Trippie View Post

                                        where do we stand on coffee table books? Will have to furnish a new place and I'm supposed to grown and fancy these days, so a few recommendations would be appreciated
                                        This seems quite popular: https://www.easons.com/old-ireland-i...-9781785373701
                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Trippie View Post

                                          where do we stand on coffee table books? Will have to furnish a new place and I'm supposed to grown and fancy these days, so a few recommendations would be appreciated
                                          This accidentally became mine because I wasn't aware how big it was until it arrived but people love it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mamba-Menta.../dp/0374201234

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Trippie View Post

                                            where do we stand on coffee table books? Will have to furnish a new place and I'm supposed to grown and fancy these days, so a few recommendations would be appreciated
                                            We have this, it has grown on me
                                            https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oak-Three-Y...ref=mp_s_a_1_1

                                            Comment


                                              School holidays extended until the 11th. Woo-hoo!
                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                              Comment


                                                What kind of witchcraft is going on here ? ? FF to 1.06

                                                This too shall pass.

                                                Comment


                                                  1700 cases, we are flying along now.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    1700 cases, we are flying along now.
                                                    Pffft. Amateurs. 50k here, now that's flying!

                                                    Comment


                                                      #GeorgeNkencho is a fucking cesspit.

                                                      Whilst obviously not a fan of police shootings,
                                                      a car chase, pepper spray, taser and warning shots didn't stop him swingin a machete.
                                                      I dunno what else they could have done.
                                                      I intially thought riot shields would have been the way to go but the guards appear to have done
                                                      every reasonable method of force escalating up to shooting.
                                                      Or course, comparing it to every incident where the other party didn't end up dead makes for dicey reading
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                      Comment


                                                        IPBers seem to have kept their shit together admirably during the whole Covid thing. Their basic understanding of risk, probability and statistics obviously coming in handy I dare say. Still an anathema to the auld mortgage application though.
                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

                                                          Pffft. Amateurs. 50k here, now that's flying!
                                                          that's how it got here . Close the airports

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            #GeorgeNkencho is a fucking cesspit.

                                                            Whilst obviously not a fan of police shootings,
                                                            a car chase, pepper spray, taser and warning shots didn't stop him swingin a machete.
                                                            I dunno what else they could have done.
                                                            I intially thought riot shields would have been the way to go but the guards appear to have done
                                                            every reasonable method of force escalating up to shooting.
                                                            Or course, comparing it to every incident where the other party didn't end up dead makes for dicey reading
                                                            I hope it wasnt Lazare showing off his fancy new knife . People can get thick about that type o thing. Shooting was fair enough . Mad money to spend on a knife.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

                                                              Pffft. Amateurs. 50k here, now that's flying!
                                                              Just had a baked Mont d'Or that I fingered some garlic and thyme into beforehand. You frogs really are durrrrrrty lads altogether.

                                                              Delicious on a cold day though. Even the half-dead dog had some.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                School holidays extended until the 11th. Woo-hoo!
                                                                The Nintendo Switch is very educational. Money well spent for next week.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Have to laugh at this being called a full level.5 lockdown when the construction industry full of the dirtiest cunts you'll ever meet remains open and schools full of kids mingling about together all day stay open.

                                                                  More half arsing.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                    Have to laugh at this being called a full level.5 lockdown when the construction industry full of the dirtiest cunts you'll ever meet remains open and schools full of kids mingling about together all day stay open.

                                                                    More half arsing.
                                                                    Don't panic. We'll have level 6 and 7 worked out in a few weeks!
                                                                    Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      'Death to 2020' was a bit meh, but probably essential virtual water cooler viewing.
                                                                      Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                        Just had a baked Mont d'Or that I fingered some garlic and thyme into beforehand. You frogs really are durrrrrrty lads altogether.

                                                                        Delicious on a cold day though. Even the half-dead dog had some.
                                                                        No honey? A rather brave life choice.
                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                          No honey? A rather brave life choice.
                                                                          Damn. And I even have some fancy honey (although not brianmc standard) on the go.
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                            Damn. And I even have some fancy honey (although not brianmc standard) on the go.
                                                                            One for the next time!
                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              This is going to be the big test now. Could be 2-3 months of a lockdown? I suppose the fact that we'll see the vaccination numbers rise quite rapidly by the end of Jan when Oxford vaccine comes on stream around then is the big positive. They're also thinking of just giving single shots of the vaccine to get everyone basically covered so that speeds things up a lot.
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                This is going to be the big test now. Could be 2-3 months of a lockdown? I suppose the fact that we'll see the vaccination numbers rise quite rapidly by the end of Jan when Oxford vaccine comes on stream around then is the big positive. They're also thinking of just giving single shots of the vaccine to get everyone basically covered so that speeds things up a lot.
                                                                                Yeah , I think the vaccines rolling out at least gives hope of an endgame. Can remember last March/April fearing it might be a 5 year complete sack of shit. Still going to be a nasty few months.
                                                                                Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  Was in Moss Brothers on the hopes of opportunistically picking up a nice suit. Are their suits considered dodgy, okay, good, great? Assuming of course that the right tailoring is done afterwards.

                                                                                  They seemed to have some suits made of a nice Italian fabric - Zeyna - but I don't really know if that's good or they just consider it good.

                                                                                  https://www.mossbros.ie/ermenegildo-...cket-966516891
                                                                                  Yeah zegna are one of the best. Vertically integrated, they buy some of the best wool and see it through to the end. But their stuff is usually 10x that price.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Imo there is an element of seasonality with this and by March we'll be in an optimistic frame of mind . 10 -12 weeks.

                                                                                    My aunt died in the UK the poor old mudder is distraught she cant go over to Notts. It wasnt covid but was lung decline over the years . So it wont go down as a covid stat like all the conspiracy madmen claim.

                                                                                    Great docu on Ozzie on right now .

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                      Have to laugh at this being called a full level.5 lockdown when the construction industry full of the dirtiest cunts you'll ever meet remains open and schools full of kids mingling about together all day stay open.

                                                                                      More half arsing.
                                                                                      The centras in the ifsc with their mix of unmasked school kids and builders must be among the most dangerous places in the city.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Trippie View Post

                                                                                        where do we stand on coffee table books? Will have to furnish a new place and I'm supposed to grown and fancy these days, so a few recommendations would be appreciated
                                                                                        https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-I-See-...lyn+bec&sr=8-1

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          I watched Parasite there for the first time and turned it off with 30 minutes to go. On the other hand last night I watched La La Land was the first time and was blown away.
                                                                                          I think Arrival is one of the few movies I didn't regret watching this year. Actually really struggling to find any movies or series worth watching.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            #GeorgeNkencho is a fucking cesspit.

                                                                                            Whilst obviously not a fan of police shootings,
                                                                                            a car chase, pepper spray, taser and warning shots didn't stop him swingin a machete.
                                                                                            I dunno what else they could have done.
                                                                                            I intially thought riot shields would have been the way to go but the guards appear to have done
                                                                                            every reasonable method of force escalating up to shooting.
                                                                                            Or course, comparing it to every incident where the other party didn't end up dead makes for dicey reading
                                                                                            Twitter needs to be shut down
                                                                                            that hashtag a perfect example of why- we usually get to watch it at a remove but not this time - the extremes from both sides having a field day- although it’s the Garda are fascists side making most hay on this one- they’ve been praying for this. plenty of international grifters piling on too

                                                                                            Can’t wait for the article from youknowwho in the times

                                                                                            Last edited by PSV58; 30-12-20, 21:47.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                                              I think Arrival is one of the few movies I didn't regret watching this year. Actually really struggling to find any movies or series worth watching.
                                                                                              I remember laughing at and feeling sorry for Michael Owen a few years ago for this quote -“It’s very boring, but I don’t watch films. I think I’ve seen about five in my life. I just can’t get into them”

                                                                                              but that’s me now- just find myself sitting down thinking this is pointless I need to get outside any time I attempt to watch one- also plenty ruled out now once I’ve realised what bell ends most actors are

                                                                                              related note- RTÉ news and the people of dalkey disgraced themselves with a report today on Matt Damon’s visit being a highlight of 2020- doubt there’s been a bigger display of kneeling cap doffing cringing peasantry since medieval times

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                                                Yeah zegna are one of the best. Vertically integrated, they buy some of the best wool and see it through to the end. But their stuff is usually 10x that price.
                                                                                                I think I'm going to take a risk on it. Works out at about €270 if bought from UK version of Moss Bros and will then get hefty tailoring done. I presume Zegna wouldn't allow crap out there.
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                  I think I'm going to take a risk on it. Works out at about €270 if bought from UK version of Moss Bros and will then get hefty tailoring done. I presume Zegna wouldn't allow crap out there.
                                                                                                  Setback might not- but Zeyna might

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                                                    The centras in the ifsc with their mix of unmasked school kids and builders must be among the most dangerous places in the city.
                                                                                                    Anywhere around Dublin where there is a site nearby. In my job, we deal with lads from Derry, Galway, Kerry. All over the country and all coming to Dublin for work. Packed vans, no masks and dirty bastards. Walk past any site in Dublin and the amount of yellow reg cars is mad. There was 4 sites we deliver to shut down when they reopened last time and I'm yet to see guidelines being followed on any site I deliver to bar 1 which was very strict.

                                                                                                    It was fine in April, construction got shut down and I didn't have to deal with them. I'll be expected in work next Monday with cases heading for 2k+

                                                                                                    As I said, half arsing it.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                                                                                      Great docu on Ozzie on right now .
                                                                                                      First talking head Rick Rubin, says Ozzie changed everything, I lol'd heartily and switched it off.

                                                                                                      He's the Joe Pasquale of rock music only half as funny and with a quarter the talent
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                        I think I'm going to take a risk on it. Works out at about €270 if bought from UK version of Moss Bros and will then get hefty tailoring done. I presume Zegna wouldn't allow crap out there.
                                                                                                        Measuring myself for this - My waist has risen since August from a 30 to a 36, chest from 38 to 40. Left hospital at 63kg. Natural weight was always almost spot on 66kg - same for my brother and dad. Now I'm at 78kg. Must be something weird following the operation, medication, or maybe just eating more after quitting smoking. But before no matter how much I weighed I couldn't go over 66kg. Maybe it was a high heart beat that was using up all the excess energy before. Still in the 'normal' weight category though as was in an underweight category before.
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

                                                                                                          If it's not too late pull back on this and get the Logitech MX Master 3.

                                                                                                          It's essentially just a new version of yours
                                                                                                          but uses a magnetic scrolling system
                                                                                                          which makes the scroll wheel way smoother.

                                                                                                          Yes I know, could I be a duller nerd!!!
                                                                                                          This - is just a glorious piece of art. wow. What a beautiful and amazing idea.

                                                                                                          Anyone any idea on an amazing keyboard, as seems churlish to have the mouse but not the keyboard?
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                                                            First talking head Rick Rubin, says Ozzie changed everything, I lol'd heartily and switched it off.

                                                                                                            He's the Joe Pasquale of rock music only half as funny and with a quarter the talent
                                                                                                            Gawd you are very precious.



                                                                                                            It's a documentary not a rockumentary. Its fascinating actually . Should be dead , the man.


                                                                                                            Joe who?

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                              Measuring myself for this - My waist has risen since August from a 30 to a 36, chest from 38 to 40. Left hospital at 63kg. Natural weight was always almost spot on 66kg - same for my brother and dad. Now I'm at 78kg. Must be something weird following the operation, medication, or maybe just eating more after quitting smoking. But before no matter how much I weighed I couldn't go over 66kg. Maybe it was a high heart beat that was using up all the excess energy before. Still in the 'normal' weight category though as was in an underweight category before.
                                                                                                              Its 100% giving up the cigarettes for most part I'd say. I've put on 6kg since giving up in August/September bringing me overweight on BMI chart. Are you restricted in the amount of strenuous exercise you can partake in because of your ticker? (VR Headset not included)
                                                                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

                                                                                                                Its 100% giving up the cigarettes for most part I'd say. I've put on 6kg since giving up in August/September bringing me overweight on BMI chart. Are you restricted in the amount of strenuous exercise you can partake in because of your ticker? (VR Headset not included)
                                                                                                                ha, no, no real restrictions on exercise. Just went through a six week programme in the gym in St Vincents where you wear monitors while doing exercise to work out ideal exercise patterns. Their official line after someone getting a replacement valve is that your heart is perfect, you just want to try to actually do the cardio exercises that everyone will do as its particularly important to not have any other heart issues. Its the getting out of the house is the issue maybe. Its so fecking cold out there!

                                                                                                                Thats interesting about the cigs, and well done on joining the smoke free world! The wife has just given them up also - a ridiculous saving of about €500 a month at French prices, but would have cost about €700 at Irish prices. What were we all thinking?!
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  #GeorgeNkencho is a fucking cesspit.

                                                                                                                  Whilst obviously not a fan of police shootings,
                                                                                                                  a car chase, pepper spray, taser and warning shots didn't stop him swingin a machete.
                                                                                                                  I dunno what else they could have done.
                                                                                                                  I intially thought riot shields would have been the way to go but the guards appear to have done
                                                                                                                  every reasonable method of force escalating up to shooting.
                                                                                                                  Or course, comparing it to every incident where the other party didn't end up dead makes for dicey reading
                                                                                                                  Something to avoid clicking into in a few WhatsApp groups

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                                                                    First talking head Rick Rubin, says Ozzie changed everything, I lol'd heartily and switched it off.

                                                                                                                    He's the Joe Pasquale of rock music only half as funny and with a quarter the talent
                                                                                                                    Black Sabbath is widely considered to be the birth of metal.
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                                                                      Black Sabbath is widely considered to be the birth of metal.
                                                                                                                      If we went to dig into the genre . It was Deep Purple . Nothing before them to speak of . After them Sabbath, Zepplin etc were a little lighter .

                                                                                                                      all opinion of course . For me machine head was a ground breaker .

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        One particularly popular hot take I saw this morning was: if you see a black person having a mental breakdown don't call the police on them as they'll be shot.

                                                                                                                        You get the impression some people would love to be living in Detroit so they could be out marching.

                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                                                                                                          If we went to dig into the genre . It was Deep Purple . Nothing before them to speak of . After them Sabbath, Zepplin etc were a little lighter .

                                                                                                                          all opinion of course . For me machine head was a ground breaker .
                                                                                                                          Took me a second....at first I thought you meant the band...WTF is he on...oooh ya the album
                                                                                                                          PMA

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X