Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limerick and Chepstow abandoned unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
      Limerick and Chepstow abandoned unfortunately.
      Paddy Power paying second as winner in the chase.
      Which long odds mcmanus horse do we fancy?
      Tempting to blindly back Jack Kennedy
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Run Wild Fred (mainly because we probably all feel that way) ftw.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It's the 2.20 they're paying out double on isn't it? Not the 2.55?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            The Queens Gambit is a really excellent show. I'd never heard of Anna Taylor-Joy before but she's going to be huge surely. She is an excellent actor.
            I couldn't quite place where I recognised her from prior to Queens Gambit but having looked it up, it seems she is Michael's wife in Peaky Blinders.

Totally different look but she was good in that too.

Looming Tower & The Night Manager are my most recent shows given Amazon Prime now on Sky.
            Both are quite good; Jeff Daniels, Tom Hiddleston & Hugh Laurie, you can't go too far wrong.

Comment

I think the shine has well and truly gone off Jack Kennedy. I'd be more inclined to back against him than not these days.

Pure armchair punter view of course. Wouldn't mind the GAB thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                The Queens Gambit is a really excellent show. I'd never heard of Anna Taylor-Joy before but she's going to be huge surely. She is an excellent actor.
                Sitting here playing chess with the 6 year old because of that show.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Correct, my bad
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Half way through my Christmas poo as I type. Plop!
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

What's the story on that I have only been payed the place part on the second

Edit: settled now, not often one of those offers works out quite so well

Dunvegan has always looked to me like one who should be able to win a race like this.
                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 27-12-20, 15:07.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Run Wild Fred (mainly because we probably all feel that way) ftw.
                        NR so trying Chounyaga for interest

Comment

Go on Castlebawn you beauty!!

up €7 in total now
                          Last edited by dinekes; 27-12-20, 15:11.

Comment

Can't pick my nose.

Comment

Can't pick my nose.
                              My usual sourse of decent Christmas tips have all had a nightmare and so as I'm a blind follower I've been equally burnt. To a lesser degree though . A winner be nice though .

Comment

Jesus H Christ

Had Ballycairn, Killer Mode and a last second EW on History of Fashion
                                Obv no clue havent bet on a horse in years.

Incredible

Bugger
                                Thought HOF had placed but still jammy win on Ballycairn
                                Last edited by dinekes; 27-12-20, 15:47.

Comment

Some tough sport, genuine real world highs and lows from Paddy Corkery having a good horse winning a big pot and he doesn't want to sell it to middling small owners losing an extremely promising horse when it had its race won all being commentated on by Davy Russell who is bursting to get back in the saddle once the doctor's tell him his broken neck has repaired well enough!

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                    Jesus H Christ

Had Ballycairn, Killer Mode and a last second EW on History of Fashion
                                    Obv no clue havent bet on a horse in years.

Incredible

Bugger
                                    Thought HOF had placed but still jammy win on Ballycairn
                                    Less of the blasphemy, and it a Sunday. History of Fashion was 4th did your bookie pay 4th as a place as its 1-2-3 rules of racing?.
                                    Some shock for Paddy there on the leader who was hosing in alone until he broke down and face planted Paddy.
                                    Laid the fav myself in a treble with Liverpool game both to score but the other leg a match lost just before the Leop bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      I thought of one Keano. Don't buy one of those nappy bin things with the cartridges of bags.

A complete waste of money.

A bowl, a pack of water wipes and nappy bags is all you need.

Hot water in the bowl, drop a wipe into it. Nappy and wipe into a bag and into the bin.

Spent a small fortune on those cartridges on #1. Plus the thing stinks when it starts to get full.
                                      Was obvious that I was gonna get one of these as a Christmas gift after this.

GFYL

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Less of the blasphemy, and it a Sunday. History of Fashion was 4th did your bookie pay 4th as a place as its 1-2-3 rules of racing?.
                                        Some shock for Paddy there on the leader who was hosing in alone until he broke down and face planted Paddy.
                                        Laid the fav myself in a treble with Liverpool game both to score but the other leg a match lost just before the Leop bumper.
                                        Ha ha yes feel a bit foolish now but was roaring at the screen at the time. RC just nailed it at the end, just different gravy but that fall put me up 40% on the day so happy days.

Comment

Just a heads up, Dawn Run documentary on tonight TG4 21:05
                                          Fear not music and guitar party wankers as its immediately followed by Christy Moore live for two hours. Perfect timing for Lazare I reckon who should just be finishing his dinner around then!

Comment

Partaking in a highly competitive annual Christmas quiz and stuck on some questions. Any ideas for the below?

Q62 Staycation - where are we visiting?
                                            1. Where two tens combine in Cork
                                            2. Where the King sips his G&T
                                            3. Classical dance in the kitchen
                                            4. Sounds like an ambulance

We have 4 = Nenagh...?

Comment

2 could be castlebar
                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Another tricky one here.

Q65 Fill in the blank space...
                                                1. ER UI IO ??
                                                2. AV31 AW21 MN21 CN??
                                                3. FIGC RFEF DFB ???

For #3 we have FIGC = Italian Football Federation, RFEF = Spanish Football, DFB = German Football, but can't place what would be missing.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                  2 could be castlebar
                                                  Excellent, yes.

Comment

middleton for cork?

Comment

Last 4 world cup winners there . So France missing

Comment

Another one -

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 19.49.34.png

Comment

Montenotte for 1

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                            Partaking in a highly competitive annual Christmas quiz and stuck on some questions. Any ideas for the below?

1. Where two tens combine in Cork
                                                            2. Where the King sips his G&T
                                                            4. Sounds like an ambulance

We have 4 = Nenagh...?
                                                            SPOILER
                                                            Middleton?

Comment

3 could be ballroom

Last edited by dinekes; 27-12-20, 20:48.

Comment

A couple of musical ones...

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 20.31.37.png

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 20.49.54.png

Comment

?
                                                                  Ballydehob perhaps

Comment

FG FF coalition ?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

FG FF coalition ?
                                                                      Yeah this is our best guess so far but felt too obvious. You might be right and we could be overthinking it!

Comment

Well ready for some spicy food at this juncture.

Comment

If someone can tell me what the ad is for that starts at 06:35 here (Q26), I'll donate €25 to your preferred charity.

Comment

If someone can tell me what the ad is for that starts at 06:35 here (Q26), I'll donate €25 to your preferred charity.
                                                                            Uncle Ben's rice

Comment

Uncle Ben's rice
                                                                              Legend! Charity of choice?

Comment

Legend! Charity of choice?
                                                                                That's great thanks!

I was trying to copy a link but not working for me

CBM Ireland

Worked with the CEO when we were whippersnappers, even then she was looking to help others, a class act.

Comment

Ballydehob perhaps
                                                                                  Ballyboffey?

Comment

That's great thanks!

I was trying to copy a link but not working for me

CBM Ireland

Worked with the CEO when we were whippersnappers, even then she was looking to help others, a class act.
                                                                                    Want to PM me a name to reference with the donation?

Comment

Ballydehob perhaps
                                                                                      Tap ? Although you could dance in the bathroom

Comment

Stuck on/unsure of questions 7, 12, 28, 42, 56, 58, and 65a/b/d.

Q61 we have Berlin/Toronto/Venice but can't link them other than loose association with film festivals?

Q60 the 3 songs are
                                                                                        The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
                                                                                        Neil Young - Heart of Gold
                                                                                        Springsteen - Tougher Than The Rest
                                                                                        ...but not sure what the connection is?

Any further ideas welcomed (have to submit answers tomorrow).

Comment

Want to PM me a name to reference with the donation?
                                                                                          Anon is grand and thanks for putting the donation up there it's a good thing to do!

Comment

Comment

Q61 we have Berlin/Toronto/Venice but can't link them other than loose association with film festivals?

Q60 the 3 songs are

Connection is metals
                                                                                              heavy metal
                                                                                              tougher = platinum

Ties in with gold/platinum albums

(Tungsten maybe but not a good fit given music connection)

Comment

Q60 the 3 songs are

Tenuous link on the songs. Graham Nash ? Did he sing with them all on stage . Not sure . Looking at the others to relieve boredom

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Tenuous link on the songs. Graham Nash ? Did he sing with them all on stage . Not sure . Looking at the others to relieve boredom
                                                                                                  Our guess for the link so far is 'heart' is in the lyrics of all 3 songs. Not convinced on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                    Yeah we have Paper Planes down. Seems the most common guess. There's a Status Quo song called Paper Plane too.

Comment

FU CHAMP. that Miller one has me head wrecked . About 10 dodgy efforts thrown into the brain basket . I'll find who made that question and they will pay.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                        Just a heads up, Dawn Run documentary on tonight TG4 21:05
                                                                                                        Fear not music and guitar party wankers as its immediately followed by Christy Moore live for two hours. Perfect timing for Lazare I reckon who should just be finishing his dinner around then!
                                                                                                        This Christy show is grand aul craic to get locked with the missus. Slainte.

Comment

Q60 the 3 songs are

Got Q58. Question is what's next in sequence - Emma, Frances, Olivia, ???. Answer is Renee (last 4 Best Actress winners).
                                                                                                          Q12 is FG/FF/Green coalition (the green line in the middle confirms it I think).
                                                                                                          Q42 we think the connection is they're all colours beginning with B (shapes are to throw you off?).

So still missing (link):
                                                                                                          Q7
                                                                                                          Q28 (guessing Paper Planes/Paper Plane)
                                                                                                          Q56 (Solks what's your best guess?)
                                                                                                          Q60
                                                                                                          Q65a 65b and 65d

Comment

Green Bay v Tennessee at 1.15 looks like being a serious snow game, for anyone who like that sort of thing (I distrust anyone who doesn't)
                                                                                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 28-12-20, 00:45.

Comment

Got Q58. Question is what's next in sequence - Emma, Frances, Olivia, ???. Answer is Renee (last 4 Best Actress winners).
                                                                                                              Q12 is FG/FF/Green coalition (the green line in the middle confirms it I think).
                                                                                                              Q42 we think the connection is they're all colours beginning with B (shapes are to throw you off?).

So still missing (link):
                                                                                                              Q7
                                                                                                              Q28 (guessing Paper Planes/Paper Plane)
                                                                                                              Q56 (Solks what's your best guess?)
                                                                                                              Q60
                                                                                                              Q65a 65b and 65d
                                                                                                              One of my binned guesses was bubbles in my beer . An ancient country song the Wille Nelson covered . A bit obscure maybe but Paper plane is equally mad.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                Green Bay v Tennessee at 1.15 looks like being a serious snow game, for anyone who like that sort of thing (I distrust anyone who doesn't)
                                                                                                                Tennessee @ Green Bay you heathen. Pretty mild snow game tbf

Comment

is Q60 they all feature harmonica?

Comment

Sisters syndicate horse is running in limerick 2.10 today
                                                                                                                    Keep the Peace
                                                                                                                    they have been told to back it e/w as it’s in its 1st handicap but in good form
                                                                                                                    foleys horse is meant to be a handicapped good thing so that is there biggest fear
                                                                                                                    Available at 7/1 at the moment paying 5 places

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                                      Keep the Peace
                                                                                                                      foleys horse is meant to be a handicapped good thing so that is there biggest fear
                                                                                                                      Hope it's a good swimmer as they'll be floating home.

8/1 on Bet365 taken, glgl

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                                        Keep the Peace
                                                                                                                        Thanks for alerting me to this race. Recouped my Christmas losses with the winner.
                                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Some race there in the Savills. Had a bit of everything.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X