Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 10 part mini-series called 'Your Honor' with Bryan Cranston as one of the leads.Really strong opening couple of episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Market suspended now

Settled at last. I don't think they come out of this looking too great.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
        Also site has become usable again. Thanks to whoever seems to have sorted it out.
        I do things from time to time
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          New 10 part mini-series called 'Your Honor' with Bryan Cranston as one of the leads.Really strong opening couple of episodes.
          The undoing and the flight attendant have been both very enjoyable viewing with the missus.
          I feel raised by wolves should be right up my alley but something about the opener didn't grip me.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Settled at last. I don't think they come out of this looking too great.
            Great to see the money this side of Christmas ! Do they care how they look? 2-5% of 1.9 Bn is €38,000,000 - €95,000,000

edit even divided by 2 - I don't know how they calc market size maybe 50 either side of a market is a 100 market, even still BIG BUCKS. They were paid handsomely to keep it open for the idiots
            Last edited by paul8200; 15-12-20, 01:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

I still have something sitting there since the 2nd, don't be in any rush.
              I bought a golf club from the US which I shipped to the AnPost AddressPal hub in NJ. It usually gets registered and shipped out within 1-2 days, total turnaround is 6-8 working days.

I had one delivered to the hub on Nov 28th and it’s yet to be registered. Any time before end of Jan is a potential win. Generally it’s a good service, they charge 15e shipped to Ireland where most others are 60-80e

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I do things from time to time
                the offer is still out there DP....
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

An Post is pure pot luck these days. Had a box leave Germany with DHL who use An Post here. Left on 19th November, still no sign on 8th of December and their tracking ends once it hits Ireland. They sent another lot on the 9th (last Thursday) and that arrived yesterday. First lot arrived this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    An Post is pure pot luck these days. Had a box leave Germany with DHL who use An Post here. Left on 19th November, still no sign on 8th of December and their tracking ends once it hits Ireland. They sent another lot on the 9th (last Thursday) and that arrived yesterday. First lot arrived this morning
                    I was looking at buying something from the UK last night and probably needed to use parcel motel. I thought I'd take a quick look at their social media and website in case there are delays.

Absolute radio silence from the company online. Nothing but irate punters saying they've essentially stopped picking up the phone and responding to emails. Missing packages and big delays everywhere. It looks really bad for the company. I haven't used them in a coupe of months.

Not a fun time to be in any kind of logistics business I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Not a fun time to be in any kind of logistics business I'd imagine.

Even less fun relying on them (not their fault i know). 17 pallets on route for a new hotel build. Might just turn phone off till January.

Comment

Guy I know brought out this . If you like flamenco guitar perhaps you might help pay for his efforts. At the moment hes just covering costs but this is a fine body of work by any standards .

Comment

Market suspended now

good lols here

Comment

good lols here
                            Excellent. They'll still be claiming he won next Christmas too.

Comment

good lols here
                              'Biden Betfair' searches on Twitter had some serious, scary delusion over the last few days too

Comment

Amazon is great altogether, less than 48hrs vs a week from Oneplus themselves

Comment

So maybe it was as simple as being that all that 1.1 money was coming from true believers. I can't even laugh its too funny
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Never knew the death penalty in Japan was still done by hanging. Seems a tad barbaric in this day and age. At least they do the Long Drop.
                                    Last edited by Dice75; 15-12-20, 11:39.

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

Great to see the money this side of Christmas ! Do they care how they look? 2-5% of 1.9 Bn is €38,000,000 - €95,000,000

edit even divided by 2 - I don't know how they calc market size maybe 50 either side of a market is a 100 market, even still BIG BUCKS. They were paid handsomely to keep it open for the idiots
                                      waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy wrong, like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy wrong.

Comment

Never knew the death penalty in Japan was still done by hanging. Seems a tad barbaric in this day and age. At least they do the Long Drop.
                                        I thought The Long Drop was one of the jacks models you flog.

Comment

On the positive experience side, I had a package leave Bergen yesterday at 16.38

It's since been to Stavanger, Copenhagen, East Midlands and now Dublin, where it is out for delivery, 19 hours later.

That package has travelled more than me these last 9 months.

Comment

Yep, its Amazon Primes time to shine - sadly. Even now its next day or day after delivery with prime. Plus you get all the Amazon Prime videos and some sort of family group that means you can share all kindle books with family.
                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Genuinely tried to order Irish this year, but its far too painful. And also don't want to catch the vid.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I'm just eyeing this book up which is sitting on my bookshelf taunting me to dive into all 1,120 pages of it.
                                                Started listening to a podcast this morning by Rachel Maddow called Bag Man about Spiro Agnew, mad stuff.
                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Do the academics among us see that GMIT Zoom student review as standard practice?
                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

CONFIRMED : The new vaccine will not contain a microchip however it will contain U2s new album.

Comment

For the BBV collective what's the best way to get a .edu or such email address without actually going back to college?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                        For the BBV collective what's the best way to get a .edu or such email address without actually going back to college?
                                                        Creep!

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

...They get a % of the winnings not the stake... So if you stuck €100,000 on it at 1.03, you'd be getting €3,000 winnings- it is the % of this so €60-€150 using the 2%-5% range...

Comment

I must say I have been having very positive feelings about the British and their military over the past week. Lots of items on the centenary of the burning of Cork city.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post

...They get a % of the winnings not the stake... So if you stuck €100,000 on it at 1.03, you'd be getting €3,000 winnings- it is the % of this so €60-€150 using the 2%-5% range...
                                                              Yup that's a fair point my bad. it's still a money printing business.

In fairness their initial investor didn't understand it either!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2eY...SPSRmhcs7VmwgQ
                                                              Last edited by paul8200; 15-12-20, 13:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                Do the academics among us see that GMIT Zoom student review as standard practice?
                                                                Had student presentations yesterday evening and I opened with 'now to avoid any nasty incidences like gmit would you mind, if I look like I'm about to say something bad about you, remind me to mute myself'. I kinda had a doubt halfway through about the wiseness, but was committed at that stage.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  I must say I have been having very positive feelings about the British and their military over the past week. Lots of items on the centenary of the burning of Cork city.
                                                                  'what have the British ever done for us?' 'oh, OK yes lolCork - a career highlight imo'

Comment

But more importantly hopefully the students take the advice on board and up their game. A shite presentation is a shite presentation no matter what and will hamper your career so there's no point pussyfooting around it. We all know people who have been held back due to an inability to present themselves. Now the obvious important issue is were they ever trained in how to present well - as its not something that comes automatically to a lot of people - yet we kinda just assume students have worked it out.

Comment

Friend of a friend owns this business

Eatto | Healthy Meals Delivered to Your Door - Nationwide!

GF's parents (in their 70s, competent on mobile phones) took a notion to order something as cooking for 2 can be wasteful.
                                                                      Stuff was delivered next morning, cool bags and ice pouches in the box, driver waited until they had stuff in freezer then took packaging back.
                                                                      They have obviously put a ton of work into making the whole process hassle-free. Food excellent quality as well /shill

Had a few finish-at-home meals from different places during lockdown, Fade St Social was a fair bit ahead of the others in smoothness of the whole experience.

Its baffling why so many businesses haven't asked themselves in the decade+ the amazon juggernaut has been destroying all round it, are there any lessons we can learn from what these guys are doing?

Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        But more importantly hopefully the students take the advice on board and up their game. A shite presentation is a shite presentation no matter what and will hamper your career so there's no point pussyfooting around it. We all know people who have been held back due to an inability to present themselves. Now the obvious important issue is were they ever trained in how to present well - as its not something that comes automatically to a lot of people - yet we kinda just assume students have worked it out.
                                                                        It's more what was said 'off camera' I'm wondering about.

Is this type of lingo common practice and seen as acceptable among faculty, or are these two just outlying assclowns?

"I thought that f*****g [Name], I thought he’d never – and he’s sick, that lad – I didn’t like to, and eventually I said I have to do something, and he still didn’t stop."

"......but I thought the other fella, (named student) I thought I'd have to get a drill and start drilling my teeth they were so painful, to be listening to him."
                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Surprised also. Not so much executions per se. But the method being so primitive.
                                                                          Would of thought if the Japanese we fairly pro-technology, and in many cases overly enthusiastic to automated tasks.
                                                                          Where as in Iran, Iraq, etc not surprised at all. Obviously Saddam was famously hanged.

Comment

It's more what was said 'off camera' I'm wondering about.

Is this type of lingo common practice and seen as acceptable among faculty, or are these two just outlying assclowns?

"I thought that f*****g [Name], I thought he’d never – and he’s sick, that lad – I didn’t like to, and eventually I said I have to do something, and he still didn’t stop."

"......but I thought the other fella, (named student) I thought I'd have to get a drill and start drilling my teeth they were so painful, to be listening to him."
                                                                            I can't imagine thats in any way usual. Genuinely. I've heard about 160 students present this year so far and I found them really impressive. Notably better than our garlic-eating neighbours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                              Surprised also. Not so much executions per se. But the method being so primitive.
                                                                              Would of thought if the Japanese we fairly pro-technology, and in many cases overly enthusiastic to automated tasks.
                                                                              Where as in Iran, Iraq, etc not surprised at all. Obviously Saddam was famously hanged.
                                                                              I was surprised that the last execution by guillotine in France was in 1977. Wasn't done in public, though much later than I would have expected.
                                                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

do hate fuckers that don't stop though. But thats what the grading system is for. ->>> Fail!!

Comment

I can't imagine thats in any way usual. Genuinely. I've heard about 160 students present this year so far and I found them really impressive. Notably better than our garlic-eating neighbours.
                                                                                  My initial thought was that you pretty much have to assume that this is the average thing these lecturers say so definitely scenarios where they say worse.

This is almost certainly not them at their worst.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                    Friend of a friend owns this business

Eatto | Healthy Meals Delivered to Your Door - Nationwide!

GF's parents (in their 70s, competent on mobile phones) took a notion to order something as cooking for 2 can be wasteful.
                                                                                    Stuff was delivered next morning, cool bags and ice pouches in the box, driver waited until they had stuff in freezer then took packaging back.
                                                                                    They have obviously put a ton of work into making the whole process hassle-free. Food excellent quality as well /shill

Had a few finish-at-home meals from different places during lockdown, Fade St Social was a fair bit ahead of the others in smoothness of the whole experience.

Its baffling why so many businesses haven't asked themselves in the decade+ the amazon juggernaut has been destroying all round it, are there any lessons we can learn from what these guys are doing?
                                                                                    I use this crowd from time to time for the FIL.
                                                                                    Saves so much hassle and their business model seems to be based around actually being nice to their client base.
                                                                                    They sent out a little hamper to him yesterday that he loved and are prepared to pack the items away for their customers too.

Genuinley feel really good about them.

Comment

Hello Hotspur, hope you've been keeping well.

Just booked my first cinema trip in months, keep an eye out for me around town.

Comment

The game is afoot!

Comment

The game is afoot!
                                                                                          Yes it is Benoit Blanc...

Comment

She gave me goosebumps. They were all a little nervous but fair play. Lovely little performance ​​​​​​

Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Aww . She looks nervous. Shes a great little voice on her .

Comment

Question for you gambling types . Guys in work done last man standing. When it's down to last two what happens if they lose . All back in ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                  Question for you gambling types . Guys in work done last man standing. When it's down to last two what happens if they lose . All back in ?
                                                                                                  The only one I was involved in which this happened was split. 4 people were left from 50-60, they all lost the same week and they split it 4 ways in the end, but no idea of the standard protocol for it
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Some nice stuff there, maybe I'm out of touch but they do seem to be quite expensive for what they are.

Big discount code and I might buy a few bits.
                                                                                                    Have to say, have a lot of love for Strewely right about now. Got interrupted on Sunday(really though, could have picked a better time than the all Ireland hurling final for a Limerick man!) because somebody bought multiple items for sale and she was absolutely thrilled.. like mumbling her words with excitement kind of thrilled. I honestly posted on here to get a few random follows to make her day, but yeah, Strewel, have a lot of gratitude for you! If there is any issue whatsoever with them, let me know!
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

A few of us went to the K Club where they have a golf sim where you can play Augusta. Great craic. Won the long drive too
                                                                                                      Attached Files
                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

If you search for #gmit on TikTok you can see the video. Yikes. Oh that's actually a bit awful. Jaysus. The poor three people named.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I was surprised that the last execution by guillotine in France was in 1977. Wasn't done in public, though much later than I would have expected.
                                                                                                          Fucking hell. That's probably more bizarre than 21st century stonings

Comment

Wasn't it that women weren't allowed vote in Switzerland until around 1980 also. And here we are wandering around like our shit don't stink.

Comment

Wasn't it that women weren't allowed vote in Switzerland until around 1980 also. And here we are wandering around like our shit don't stink.
                                                                                                              in that same year in Ireland, the following things were illegal:
                                                                                                              • homosexuality
                                                                                                              • contraception
                                                                                                              • divorce
                                                                                                              • abortion

Comment

If you search for #gmit on TikTok you can see the video. Yikes. Oh that's actually a bit awful. Jaysus. The poor three people named.
                                                                                                                I'd presumed it was gonna be young lads.

Someone should do a reply when the colleges and pubs reopen. Hidden recording of student talking openly about lecturers. Might take a bit of shock out of the story.

Comment

There was lots of restrictions on the ol chopper back then. Now you can stick in whoever\whatever you like and they can even change sex in between bouts. Unfortunately there seems to be more kiddie pervs about these days. (apart from the clergy) . Roots these feckers out and clear them out we can then say we’ve made progress. This is the single biggest challenge to our collective morals. Whoever finally manages to break up these nets deserve the highest accolades awarded to man. To even contemplate what is going on is enough to drive you to mass murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I'd presumed it was gonna be young lads.

Someone should do a reply when the colleges and pubs reopen. Hidden recording of student talking openly about lecturers. Might take a bit of shock out of the story.
                                                                                                                    Sure I imagine slagging off the students to your fellow lecturers is one of the few highlights in what must be fairly boring and repetitive regurgitation to a totally unengaged audience

Comment

There was lots of restrictions on the ol chopper back then. Now you can stick in whoever\whatever you like and they can even change sex in between bouts. Unfortunately there seems to be more kiddie pervs about these days. (apart from the clergy) . Roots these feckers out and clear them out we can then say we’ve made progress. This is the single biggest challenge to our collective morals. Whoever finally manages to break up these nets deserve the highest accolades awarded to man. To even contemplate what is going on is enough to drive you to mass murder.
                                                                                                                      Solks outing himself as a QAnon adherent.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Solks outing himself as a QAnon adherent.
                                                                                                                        Pornhub had to take down millions of vids due to underage abuse . According to the news . If QAnon will have me I'm in. Not sure if Trump is with us on this though. Powder will be kept dry

Comment

There has never been a safer time to be a kid
                                                                                                                          PMA

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X