X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Thought it was good, FWIW!

Anyone have any fun/interesting Spotify end of year wrapping up lists to share? Like to see what others have been listening to.
    Here's a playlist of some of the tunes I've listened to the most this year...not all from this year though. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3s...1hl0q47QAs1FaV

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

I work with one of the girls who sings it, be nice to let her know BBV approve!
      They have a few songs on spotify which are pretty good but that one struck me the most.

I was just about to ask was one of them a daughter or niece or something.

Had them playing while doing college work earlier. Very easy listening and great sound. Only reason I turned it off is cos same songs on repeat got boring. I've added them into my playlist though so they'll be on the rotation.

Do they have anything for sale like an album? I googled the swallows and the first band that comes up is a rhythm n blues band from the 70s. Searched the swallows on Facebook and a band that disbanded in 2015 pops up. So maybe they just need to sort out their SEO.

Apart from that minor inconvenience, they're great and I'd hope they do well.

Comment

Zuut time
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone have any fun/interesting Spotify end of year wrapping up lists to share? Like to see what others have been listening to.
          Dunno if it is interesting, these were my top 100 on spotify this year https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37...StyBGym8uI86fw

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Dunno if it is interesting, these were my top 100 on spotify this year https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37...StyBGym8uI86fw
            Mine is a crazy amount of classical/disney/trolls mixed with some rock/rap/folk
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              They're some nation for one nation.

Who the fuck owns a bell???
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Dobby are you studying anything interesting in history atm?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  cool map - the countries that the UK has not invaded are shaded white

CuqK7IWXEAAv_TH.jpg
                  Map is bullshit.
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    Dobby are you studying anything interesting in history atm?
                    Modules this semester were, the world since 1945. Started off with Europe and Britain, moved to Africa, Asia, South America and currently doing the Middle East. Submitted 2 essays required, 1 on France and De Gaulle from 49-56 and one on China under Mao. Other module was the making of modern Ireland 1845-present. I've really enjoyed this as we had to do a 500 word journal about the topics we covered each week and feel I've learned loads. I'll be doing my final essay on why Ireland was a patriarchal society post famine and women had to emigrate. Have the famine doc on RTE recorded and ready to watch at the weekend.

That's pretty much it overall but if you wanna know something specific just shoot.

Comment

What material they using for modern Irish history these days Dobby? Joe Lee? Dermot Keogh?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Linkin Park feature heavily but only because they're good to have on in the van on a busy day, keep the tempo up. And Christy is used when making dinner or cruising home down the motorway. Mostly just rock apart from that

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                            What material they using for modern Irish history these days Dobby? Joe Lee? Dermot Keogh?
                            Thomas Bartlett is the book we have been advised to use most. Other than that they give us selected reading each week from loads of different sources, journals etc. Peig featured at one stage
                            Last edited by dobby; 07-12-20, 22:07.

Comment

Did women have to emigrate more than men, and did they choose particularly low patriarchy countries to emigrate to?
                              I'll hopefully know more after doing my essay this weekend but from limited learning of the topic so far, I would say yes and I'll be basing my essay on that. I'm not 100% sure now but I think I remember reading about twice as many women emigrated due to the eldest daughter being married off and the farm being split between the sons. Families couldnt afford multiple dowrys so the eldest daughter got that.

At the time, a popular choice was Oz and America due to being more female friendly. A good journal is letters from the Wily sisters where she went to Australia and ended up pretty much running a drapery shop out there for the owner, in charge of hiring and firing and general day to day running. Something she would never have got close to in Ireland or England. England was popular with those too poor or unable to travel further

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I was just about to ask was one of them a daughter or niece or something.

Had them playing while doing college work earlier. Very easy listening and great sound. Only reason I turned it off is cos same songs on repeat got boring. I've added them into my playlist though so they'll be on the rotation.

Do they have anything for sale like an album? I googled the swallows and the first band that comes up is a rhythm n blues band from the 70s. Searched the swallows on Facebook and a band that disbanded in 2015 pops up. So maybe they just need to sort out their SEO.

Apart from that minor inconvenience, they're great and I'd hope they do well.
                                Say she'll be chuffed, thanks for the feedback.
                                Only found out she was a singer on Sat so dont know where they are at album/single wise.

Some good lyrics in that song particularly plus nice tunes overall. Love it when people do original things hence the plug.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Who the fuck owns a bell???
                                  I have two on my desk!

Comment

Only found out she was a singer on Sat so dont know where they are at album/single wise.

Some good lyrics in that song particularly plus nice tunes overall. Love it when people do original things hence the plug.
                                    It's very good. They have great voices and it's a good song. Get them to fill out the about section on Spotify, it's free and pretty important.

Who produced their song?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Thomas Bartlett is the book we have been advised to use most. Other than that they give us selected reading each week from loads of different sources, journals etc. Peig featured at one stage
                                      Great choice. I always thought it a pity that Lee and Keogh didn't have access to the material to do really comprehensive 20th century histories. Still think Joe Lee's book is a masterpiece.

Comment

Love dua lipa

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

It's very good. They have great voices and it's a good song. Get them to fill out the about section on Spotify, it's free and pretty important.

Who produced their song?
                                          Will pass that on HJ cheers..no idea of producer at this point.

Comment

Cool. Well ask about a CD and I'll buy one if they have it

Comment

Comment

doubting bollix that I am, I went and checked the census figures on the CSO website to see if there really was more men than women. and yep there it is in black and white. way more men between ages of 18 and 25 (my estimate of marriageable age) than women. there must have been a fair bit of blue balls back then, as you had maybe a 90% chance max of finding a wife providing you had zero reservations.
                                                Ha. I'm on my phone and couldnt be arsed checking but nice to know the information is staying in there somewhere. We discussed that topic 10 weeks ago now. Continuous assessment ftw

Comment

Late night musing. Would a bullet to Trumps head (orchestrated by Putin ) escalate the unrest in the US and drive them closer to the brink of Civil mayhem/war . It would be some move and who would suspect the Russians this time.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                    Reverse searing has overtaken sous vide by a nose for me in the cooking beef stakes. Especially for big cuts with bone in, pain in the arse to cook a tomahawk or a rib roast in the sous vide. For rib eyes etc still would be breaking out the sous vide, and for duck it is just the best thing ever.
                                                    Treated myself to one of those fancy" Meater" thermometers for xmas.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                      Late night musing. Would a bullet to Trumps head (orchestrated by Putin ) escalate the unrest in the US and drive them closer to the brink of Civil mayhem/war . It would be some move and who would suspect the Russians this time.
                                                      If a film script, him dying of Coronavirus would have set the US on fire.

Comment

Putin could shoot Trump live on TV and the gun gammons would find a way to blame Obama for it

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                            Free health care? Not on your life buddy! (and we mean on your life!).
                                                            Insane cost of education? Keep on paying suckers.
                                                            Tax the rich? lol, get fucked.
                                                            Maybe reduce our military spending or bring some troops home? Nope, brown people have to die. Fire up the drones!
                                                            How about we don't lock up whistleblowers? lol, get fucked again for even asking.
                                                            Maybe some workers rights, some mandatory vacation maybe? work until you die
                                                            *Forgot this one* Prison/policing reform? Yeah BLM and all that but poor people need to fill these cells and a woman of colour as VP is just as good right? (i.e. get fucked)
                                                            Most are state issues. Two are essentially the system on which the US is built. Little point comparing to countries that aren't the US as a measure of presidential progress.
                                                            And one, I'd guess he'll do at fairly early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Most are state issues. Two are essentially the system on which the US is built. Little point comparing to countries that aren't the US as a measure of presidential progress.
                                                              And one, I'd guess he'll do at fairly early on.
                                                              harris will be the real issue.
                                                              if trump was the backlash against obama, add gender into the mix and you'll have klan rallies on the washington monument.
                                                              America is broken, hard to see what, bar a grand unifying event (war, attack, alien invasion) that will stop the extremism
                                                              Treating politics as a team event led them here, and unfortunatly I can see that becoming more and more prevalient here too.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  they do love their very dense bread in Scandania

By pure coincidence, I just ordered a Norweigan sweater to keep me warm this winter. Cheaper than insulation.
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

I have a feeling there is 0% crossover in your top 100 and mine https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37...R1O5rPMvx2Faqg

Comment

Gotta love all the young middle class Sinn feiners getting airtime for throwing their toys out of the Pram about Stanley’s homophobic tweet- just the stunning naivety on display in those articles

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

This seems as well thought out as Denny's idea to get an options trader to run Interpol.
                                                                        Not well thought out for who?

Comment

Mine is way off kilter

Reflects a playlist I often leave playing overnight rather than what I'm choosing

Comment

I have a feeling there is 0% crossover in your top 100 and mine https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37...R1O5rPMvx2Faqg
                                                                            Haha there's one or two, and a few more that have been in my top hundreds.

This year we share eat, sleep wake and blinding lights (I love pomplamooses version as well and I love their instant crush cover too). I'd usually have songs like night call, dancing in the dark (some covers of this too), one more time etc as a few I spotted. Oh had a lot of ghost before too.
                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 08-12-20, 13:44.

Comment

The Brits have taken the offending articles out of the Internal Markets Bill. That's a good sign.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  Mine is way off kilter

Reflects a playlist I often leave playing overnight rather than what I'm choosing
                                                                                  Took a look at 2018. Oldies galore lol. Each year seems wrong though . I guess I listen to the newer stuff on other platforms maybe . Interesting though that I fell back on these in 2018

Comment

Is tipping the postman still a thing? I've barely gotten any post in previous years so never thought to do it but been a big uptick this year. What's the going rate?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                        Is tipping the postman still a thing? I've barely gotten any post in previous years so never thought to do it but been a big uptick this year. What's the going rate?
                                                                                        I was thinking the same and we are going to just give him a score.

With all the house renovations talk in here it got me looking at a few things. We need 13 new internal doors and I have priced up some nice ones for about 150 each. I haven't a notion who I could get to hang them though? Any idea what the cost would be or somewhere to look to find someone? I'm in Kildare.

Comment

Same tipping question about teachers / after school care. Not a tip obv, but would there be a standard practice of e.g. the kids bringing in a small box of chocolates or something like that for Christmas. Can't remember being a kid.
                                                                                          Usually a box of chocolates.

Got a mail to say not to to do this however...

Comment

Think we're going to tip our postie €10, at least that's what I mentioned to the wife. Hopefully we're not way under the going rate!

In the creche the mammy's WhatsApp are taking care of the gifts for the workers, each set of parents are contributing €20, there are two who work in the room so again that's a tenner each.

Comment

...

Comment

When we were kids the bin men would come knocking for their Christmas box/tip da mudder would send one of us out with the bad news. Bloomin cheek. I told them once we were too poor and da mudder heard me and hit the roof.

Seriously though lads tips for the postman? Sure he'll be riding yer missus next year .

Comment

Whatsapp group for our two different classes, tenner a head on Revolut and a €250 Dundrum voucher and flowers got.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    Whatsapp group for our two different classes, tenner a head on Revolut and a €250 Dundrum voucher and flowers got.
                                                                                                    tell them to work a full year instead of 7 months and you'll think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

back when I had a better half who was a teacher the last day of school before Xmas was a hasty drive to the nearest charity shop to deposit the shite she'd been given that morning. An occasional gem (yankee candle or dairy milk) but the rest was pure tat that couldn't be shifted quick enough. She was not alone amongst her staff.
                                                                                                      Reason she got rid of ya

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

I was thinking the same and we are going to just give him a score.

With all the house renovations talk in here it got me looking at a few things. We need 13 new internal doors and I have priced up some nice ones for about 150 each. I haven't a notion who I could get to hang them though? Any idea what the cost would be or somewhere to look to find someone? I'm in Kildare.
                                                                                                        Drop me a PM if you still haven't found someone and I'll check if my bro is free.

I'll get a rough idea of price for it. He's based in Kildare the majority of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          Some schools go the GAB route and others down your route. The latter is obviously preferred in most cases.

That said a well off country school when you're teaching 6th class is where the good presents exist.

One of my mates has been given things like soccer jerseys and really decent vouchers at xmas & summer every year.

Comment

...

Comment

So who has run the numbers on a great brand of socks to not freeze your little toesies off in this cold? fck this country is cold, and cold toes really sap any energy away from being outside. Is it maybe some brand of sports sock?
                                                                                                              Darn Tough socks.
                                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Reason she got rid of ya
                                                                                                                Too soon .
                                                                                                                Cant be dating those emojis ->

Comment

They only stuck the articles in, in order to make a show of taking them out. This is all a charade. I've seen worse acting trying to act sober to get into Coppers at 2 in the morning.
                                                                                                                  Playing to the crowd
                                                                                                                  Put in stuff that is there to come out, take it out as a compromise and blame the other side

Probably studied in Eton as a class

EU laughed it off the whole time... Hence the shite talk in the gammon press

Comment

So who has run the numbers on a great brand of socks to not freeze your little toesies off in this cold? fck this country is cold, and cold toes really sap any energy away from being outside. Is it maybe some brand of sports sock?
                                                                                                                    Revolut me 190 odd euro there and I'll get you a couple of pairs from my sock guy
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Best value tip ever the local Binmen, £20 and a few regifted bottles of Vino and they come round the back and lift bins rest of year if I forget to put them out
                                                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Get yer missus one of these and your feet will never be cold again

I guarantee that if you can stick with this video through the first four or five minutes you will be trapped having to watch it to the end

Comment

So it's a BoJo/VDL royal rumble in Brussels tomorrow.

Will be unusual for Johnson to be in a meeting with someone who has more kids than he does.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X