Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
    Moan 1: Ray Darcy. Quiz of the Day tiebreak yesterday. Guess length of song. Closest to actual length wins. Contestant 1 - 3 min and 6 sec. Contestant 2 - 2 min and 50 seconds. Every time they do it. Every time!!!

    Moan 2: Never know what to do with those little stickers they put on apples individually. The urge to stick it onto something else is always greater than the urge to put in in the bin for some reason.

    Moan 3: I have a slow puncture.
    I usually spit out those stickers but I've probably eaten some

    Comment


      ...
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

      Comment


        Quiz answers

        SPOILER
        President Middle Name Spouse Grew up in State Capital
        Biden Robinette Jill Pennsylvania Harrisburg
        Trump John Melania\Marla\Ivana New York Albany
        Obama Hussein Michelle Hawaii Honolulu
        Bush Jnr Walker Laura Texas Austin
        Clinton Jefferson Hilary Arkansas Little Rock
        Bush Snr Herbert Walker Barbara Conneticut Hartford
        Reagan Wilson Nancy\Jane Wyman Illinois Springfield
        Carter Earl Rosalynn Georgia Atlanta
        Ford Rudolph Betty Michigan Lansing
        Nixon Milhous Pat California Sacramento
        Johnson Baines Lady Bird Texas Austin
        Kennedy Fitzgerald Jackie Massachussets Boston
        Eisenhower David Mamie Kansas Abilene
        Truman S (reverso) Bess Missouri Jefferson City
        Roosevelt Delano Eleanor New York Albany
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

        Comment


          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          The man says Taoiseach very well. That wasn't an idle attempt at pronunciation.

          he is not shy about his love for Ireland (and his disdain for Brexit)
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

          Comment


            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Quiz answers

            SPOILER
            President Middle Name Spouse Grew up in State Capital
            Biden Robinette Jill Pennsylvania Harrisburg
            Trump John Melania\Marla\Ivana New York Albany
            Obama Hussein Michelle Hawaii Honolulu
            Bush Jnr Walker Laura Texas Austin
            Clinton Jefferson Hilary Arkansas Little Rock
            Bush Snr Herbert Walker Barbara Conneticut Hartford
            Reagan Wilson Nancy\Jane Wyman Illinois Springfield
            Carter Earl Rosalynn Georgia Atlanta
            Ford Rudolph Betty Michigan Lansing
            Nixon Milhous Pat California Sacramento
            Johnson Baines Lady Bird Texas Austin
            Kennedy Fitzgerald Jackie Massachussets Boston
            Eisenhower David Mamie Kansas Abilene
            Truman S (reverso) Bess Missouri Jefferson City
            Roosevelt Delano Eleanor New York Albany
            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

            Comment


              ...
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

              Comment


                Originally posted by elbows View Post

                this shit site

                Answers:
                President Middle Name Spouse Grew up in State Capital
                Biden Robinette Jill Pennsylvania Harrisburg
                Trump John Melania\Marla\Ivana New York Albany
                Obama Hussein Michelle Hawaii Honolulu
                Bush Jnr Walker Laura Texas Austin
                Clinton Jefferson Hilary Arkansas Little Rock
                Bush Snr Herbert Walker Barbara Conneticut Hartford
                Reagan Wilson Nancy\Jane Wyman Illinois Springfield
                Carter Earl Rosalynn Georgia Atlanta
                Ford Rudolph Betty Michigan Lansing
                Nixon Milhous Pat California Sacramento
                Johnson Baines Lady Bird Texas Austin
                Kennedy Fitzgerald Jackie Massachussets Boston
                Eisenhower David Mamie Kansas Abilene
                Truman S (reverso) Bess Missouri Jefferson City
                Roosevelt Delano Eleanor New York Albany
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                  On that note, I see we still don't have a brexit agreement. scarlet for Comical Melli, who I think claimed there would definitely be a brexit deal by the end of October and was willing to bet on it.
                  as opposed to you who claimed the same thing and did actually bet on it
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                  Comment


                    Now you see why Milhous is not the best character in the Simpsons
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                    Comment


                      ...
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                        as opposed to you who claimed the same thing and did actually bet on it
                        I think that was the joke.
                        Brexit bet being another case if the universe course correcting based on Hitch’s overconfidence. He’s like the reverse secret. The Terces

                        Comment


                          Speaking of overconfidence, I did like that Trump did a 1-minute press briefing yesterday to boast of the Dow breaking through 30k.

                          Stunned journo: "he does know it's going up because the markets know he's leaving? Right? Oh.'
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                            he is not shy about his love for Ireland (and his disdain for Brexit)
                            Ooni started their 20% off sale today. March 2021 shipping dates though...

                            This too shall pass.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by oleras View Post

                              Ooni started their 20% off sale today. March 2021 shipping dates though...
                              thanks

                              so for maximum pizza awesomeness, I require the 16" oven and a correspondingly sized peel? Anything else to add in before I click buttons?
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                              Comment


                                Thermometer is handy to know where you are with the stones temp.

                                https://eu.ooni.com/collections/acce...ir-thermometer

                                Turning peel is also handy.

                                https://eu.ooni.com/collections/ooni...a-turning-peel

                                Obv these are all ooni branded, similar can be got on amazon for half their prices.
                                This too shall pass.

                                Comment


                                  WTF is a turning peel
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    WTF is a turning peel
                                    Pizza paddle

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      WTF is a turning peel
                                      This too shall pass.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                        that's mad. I kinda assumed it would be engineered to avoid this kind of bolloxology, i.e. equal heat distirbution
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                        Comment


                                          As crypto is again trending, I decided on a whim to check my oul Kucoin account
                                          LEND went up 4000%+ since I last checked it, handy few bob there
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                          Comment


                                            Comment


                                              I think it was Hitch that made reference to Tidal recently. If you want to check if your ears are discerning enough to justify it they have a BF sale currently.

                                              Tidal Premium for 0.99 or upgrade to Tidal HiFi for just 1.99 (4 months)

                                              https://tidal.com/offers/blackfriday

                                              Comment


                                                The parcel delivery guy calls here every day . I think our whole house has a spending addiction . I have no idea what's coming tomorrow. Ah yes a turning pee. The very fellow .

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post


                                                  also

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                    I think it was Hitch that made reference to Tidal recently. If you want to check if your ears are discerning enough to justify it they have a BF sale currently.

                                                    Tidal Premium for 0.99 or upgrade to Tidal HiFi for just 1.99 (4 months)

                                                    https://tidal.com/offers/blackfriday
                                                    Guess the hardware matters too, alexa wouldn't be a great output for putting into speakers.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Yeah, the benzos and depression are not the reason Peterson is a joke, but that pic is a genuine LOL

                                                      I'd be willing to bet he's another victim of the reading Ayn Rand while adolescent syndrome
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                                      Comment


                                                        Not much in the Michael Flatley sale taking my fancy. The chess table on the first page is nice enough, though missing two pieces https://www.sheppards.ie/catalogue/1
                                                        Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                        Comment


                                                          ...
                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                            Thermometer is handy to know where you are with the stones temp.

                                                            https://eu.ooni.com/collections/acce...ir-thermometer

                                                            Turning peel is also handy.

                                                            https://eu.ooni.com/collections/ooni...a-turning-peel

                                                            Obv these are all ooni branded, similar can be got on amazon for half their prices.
                                                            Thanks Ole. If you can be trusted on any topic, it's outdoor cookery.

                                                            Bought the Ooni Koda 16 and a cover for it as well. The peels and thermometer seem nuts prices for the own-branded so will get them off Amazon.

                                                            Excited now to master the art of pizza-wankery.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                            Comment


                                                              That's about 4k of the Biden Buckz spent now. Enjoyable spree thus far on wine, a S20, clothes, books and various other bits of crap.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                              Comment


                                                                On Georgie Bests anniversary

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Would bring a tear to a glass eye. Adios Diego!

                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Always liked Jimmys more understated yet effective version......


                                                                    https://youtu.be/qnv6m4M_TFM

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Nice photo essay of Maradona imagery here. I remember being in Naples about 15 years back and indeed Maradona was displayed like a saint in pretty much every shop\cafe\bar\restaurant you went into.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                          That picture is class . It sez it all.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            You can watch all of his goals, dribbles etc. but I love this clip of him just knocking a ball about on a string in a warm up.

                                                                            Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 25-11-20, 17:18.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              It gets worse

                                                                              Dont cry for me Argentina

                                                                              https://www.facebook.com/33908984295...4774320723286/

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                I just watched this and smiled thru the whole thing
                                                                                 
                                                                                PMA

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                                  Guess the hardware matters too, alexa wouldn't be a great output for putting into speakers.
                                                                                  Depends on the internal Digital Audio Converter (DAC) quality really. Echo Link is better than Echo Dot it seems but a bit of rooting around on the web would be more definitive.

                                                                                  Could be ok actually, the speakers might have more of an impact.You could try the regular free trial first and just switch over to this deal if you like what you hear.

                                                                                  https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...cho-dot.11824/
                                                                                  https://darko.audio/2019/06/amazon-e...iew-follow-up/

                                                                                  You should check too if it supports MQA format (if you want the high-res experience) - the app on my MacBook and iPhone do but the Samsung telly app doesn't (yet).

                                                                                  Anyway I signed up for the deal quick smart. Cheers Opr!
                                                                                  Last edited by BennyHiFi; 25-11-20, 20:16.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    ...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      FB_IMG_1606339847962.jpg

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        I see Trump is testing out the pardoning limits with Michael Flynn. Manafort surely on the list too.

                                                                                        The real craic will be if he tries to pardon himself.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          ...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Nice to see some bad press for Amazon given the week that’s in it

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              ...
                                                                                              Attached Files
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                So we've finally gone through the 1bn gbp mark , and Biden back out to 1.07

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

                                                                                                  Depends on the internal Digital Audio Converter (DAC) quality really. Echo Link is better than Echo Dot it seems but a bit of rooting around on the web would be more definitive.

                                                                                                  Could be ok actually, the speakers might have more of an impact.You could try the regular free trial first and just switch over to this deal if you like what you hear.

                                                                                                  https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...cho-dot.11824/
                                                                                                  https://darko.audio/2019/06/amazon-e...iew-follow-up/

                                                                                                  You should check too if it supports MQA format (if you want the high-res experience) - the app on my MacBook and iPhone do but the Samsung telly app doesn't (yet).

                                                                                                  Anyway I signed up for the deal quick smart. Cheers Opr!
                                                                                                  On a somewhat related topic, is there an alternative option to AirPods that are either better quality at the same price point or as good in quality at a lower price?

                                                                                                  Im waiting until tomorrow or Monday to pull the trigger on a pair as a gift.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                                                    On a somewhat related topic, is there an alternative option to AirPods that are either better quality at the same price point or as good in quality at a lower price?

                                                                                                    Im waiting until tomorrow or Monday to pull the trigger on a pair as a gift.
                                                                                                    plenty of options but airpod pros are probably the slickest (quality to size ratio). the Shure range is probably the best quality wise (mine are over 10 years old and still outstanding sound), but even the bluetooth ones have wires connecting the 2 earbuds. Another option is the cambridge audio melomania, which have only got great reviews and are very cheap (proportionally), however they're not the prettiest.

                                                                                                    plenty of over ear options also

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

                                                                                                      plenty of options but airpod pros are probably the slickest (quality to size ratio). the Shure range is probably the best quality wise (mine are over 10 years old and still outstanding sound), but even the bluetooth ones have wires connecting the 2 earbuds. Another option is the cambridge audio melomania, which have only got great reviews and are very cheap (proportionally), however they're not the prettiest.

                                                                                                      plenty of over ear options also
                                                                                                      It's the bluetooth option I'm after and AirPod Pros seem quite expensive. I'll see what Apples gift card offer is like tomorrow to see if I can justify it. The standard version are working out around €140.

                                                                                                      I've read about the Cambridge Audio ones and I thought the white was ok looking. I'll take a look at the Shure range. Thanks

                                                                                                      On an unrelated note, new 3 & 4 beds in Ranelagh: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...17967?mode=amp

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                        You can watch all of his goals, dribbles etc. but I love this clip of him just knocking a ball about on a string in a warm up.

                                                                                                        I love this clip. There's a sort of zen calmness that comes from watching a master craftsman do something simple. Like Gordon Ramsay cooking a steak.

                                                                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Some lad on RTÉ yesterday on about how Ernst and young will be coming on board to analyse data to help decisions to be made on lifting restrictions in certain areas when coming out of lockdown. Not even questioned by the interviewer, said in a reassuring way!
                                                                                                          nice handy couple of hundred thousand for doing fuck all , these guys are good at that in fairness

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Buy a skillet off amazon too that fits in Ooni, we have been using that to finish off reverse-seared and sous-vide steaks. Lovely smokey flavours and beautiful charred crust. Like Steak outta Shanahans
                                                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                              Oh hopefully theres court cases over this. so many court cases.

                                                                                                              https://www.irishtimes.com/news/educ...torm-1.4419309


                                                                                                              Judge: "So Mr PE Teacher tell us about the day of the event."

                                                                                                              PE teacher: "Well the principal called me into the office around 3pm and said the New York Post was looking for a quote on what my favourite sexy leggings were. I then went home to my wife and she whacked an iron at me, but the nurse in the hospital was lovely but said to not worry as I'd be back oogling at my preteens in no time. It was around then I started to suspect this was a notable day in my career as a PE teacher."

                                                                                                              Judge: "I just don't get Ms Journalist how you let this story get out without checking."

                                                                                                              Journalist: "Oh I checked. You see these teenagers in Carlow posted a blog about ..."

                                                                                                              Judge: "No, I mean what type of checking did you do of the story before accusing this PE teacher of being a pedophile?"

                                                                                                              Journalist: "Yeah so, I'm not sure I fully explained - these teenagers in Carlow posted a blog about ..."
                                                                                                              Did you read the article you’ve posted??
                                                                                                              sounds like the school did not a lot wrong just a case of the usual WhatsApp shitstirrers we now have everywhere having a meltdown

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                Some lad on RTÉ yesterday on about how Ernst and young will be coming on board to analyse data to help decisions to be made on lifting restrictions in certain areas when coming out of lockdown. Not even questioned by the interviewer, said in a reassuring way!
                                                                                                                nice handy couple of hundred thousand for doing fuck all , these guys are good at that in fairness
                                                                                                                Have dealt with numerous empty-heads in suits from a mix of the big consulting firms over past few years. Confirmed stealing a fucking living.
                                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

                                                                                                                  Did you read the article you’ve posted??
                                                                                                                  sounds like the school did not a lot wrong just a case of the usual WhatsApp shitstirrers we now have everywhere having a meltdown
                                                                                                                  that is exactly (partially) HH's points. Journalists ran with the story and fucked a PE teacher under a conga train of busses based on heresay, facebook and what's app bolloxology. The PE teacher should get the absolute sweep out of this, and very rightly so.

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                                                                    On a somewhat related topic, is there an alternative option to AirPods that are either better quality at the same price point or as good in quality at a lower price?

                                                                                                                    Im waiting until tomorrow or Monday to pull the trigger on a pair as a gift.
                                                                                                                    I use the samsung ones and find them very good.
                                                                                                                    They stay in fine when I'm out walking and only occasionally come loose when running but for some reason they are more inclined to come out when I'm working at home
                                                                                                                    But they sound great, charge lasts long enough and you'd mostly forget they are there.
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      ...
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        who was the first journalist to run with the PE teacher angle?

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                                          Buy a skillet off amazon too that fits in Ooni, we have been using that to finish off reverse-seared and sous-vide steaks. Lovely smokey flavours and beautiful charred crust. Like Steak outta Shanahans
                                                                                                                          Maybe I can invite Denny around for dinner and some fancy wines.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X