Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

    I should've been more specific in it being a poker magazine.
    A word play on some well-known poker/game based film or TV show that people will know.

    The Queen's Gambler is about the best I've got.

    Comment


      Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

      I should've been more specific in it being a poker magazine.
      I got that.

      It was a nod to the dirty Danny's dealings in here . A bit obtuse but the front cover needs to be the 3 Dannys in a Charlie's Angel pose . Only ONE is an Angel . I've had sugar again.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
        Irish people complaining about "words you're not allowed to use anymore" always makes me laugh/want my brain to explode

        Same people lose their shit if they hear an English accent say Paddy!
        Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest tbh. All a matter of perspective, we’ve outgrown it.

        i think the issue is that there’s no real harm in much of what’s discussed, and no intention to harm, but it’s being weaponised by people taking extreme positions on both sides.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

          A word play on some well-known poker/game based film or TV show that people will know.

          The Queen's Gambler is about the best I've got.
          SUITS ?

          Comment


            Re the front cover tyler. I wonder if its almost a bit outdated to go for the single shot front page cover that every poker magazine seems to want to emulate - not that you said you are going to do this, but I'm just assuming you will. When actually the only magazines that currently sell are those gossip magazines that have a load of gossip stories on the front that make you want to read inside. Those types of front covers seem to be better at getting people to pick them up off the shelf. E.g. this random example below. I'd say there's an element of snobbiness towards this type of front cover despite it being the only magazine type that still sells any copies.


            HeatMagazineFront-Cover.jpg
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

            Comment


              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Re the front cover tyler. I wonder if its almost a bit outdated to go for the single shot front page cover that every poker magazine seems to want to emulate - not that you said you are going to do this, but I'm just assuming you will. When actually the only magazines that currently sell are those gossip magazines that have a load of gossip stories on the front that make you want to read inside. Those types of front covers seem to be better at getting people to pick them up off the shelf. E.g. this random example below. I'd say there's an element of snobbiness towards this type of front cover despite it being the only magazine type that still sells any copies.


              HeatMagazineFront-Cover.jpg
              Makes me realise how old I am. I know who Gwyneth Palthrow is although Gemma is probably only 5 G&T away.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Re the front cover tyler. I wonder if its almost a bit outdated to go for the single shot front page cover that every poker magazine seems to want to emulate - not that you said you are going to do this, but I'm just assuming you will. When actually the only magazines that currently sell are those gossip magazines that have a load of gossip stories on the front that make you want to read inside. Those types of front covers seem to be better at getting people to pick them up off the shelf. E.g. this random example below. I'd say there's an element of snobbiness towards this type of front cover despite it being the only magazine type that still sells any copies.
                I'm only learning the application after avoiding it for many years so I don't think I'm going to get too fancy with the assignment, keeping it simple for now.
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

                Comment


                  Society losing the dimensions of context and tone when it comes to language is really disappointing I think.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

                    I'm only learning the application after avoiding it for many years so I don't think I'm going to get too fancy with the assignment, keeping it simple for now.

                    If you do want to go for the single shot from your archive, I do think this might be one of your best

                    1354618619_pokerhat.jpg.30f09ffb3a9bb8ee0e3d4c444c4ee502.jpg

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                      Society losing the dimensions of context and tone when it comes to language is really disappointing I think.
                      Just as much as the desire to cause offence, it's the propensity to go from zero to screaming outrage that is the real problem
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                      Comment


                        If you ever wanted to know too much about mink oil, well here it is
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Murdrum View Post


                          If you do want to go for the single shot from your archive, I do think this might be one of your best
                          Classic
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

                          Comment


                            Trump's latest genius idea is that he won Pennsylvania if you don't count black voters.

                            Turning millions into thousands

                            Comment


                              Leicester must be the value bet against liverpool on Sunday. Liverpool are down to the bare bones and are there for the taking. Leicester odds should be lower imo.
                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                Society losing the dimensions of context and tone when it comes to language is really disappointing I think.
                                I agree... But with regards to fairytale...

                                Apart from the twitter snowflake word police (who are a very small group in real terms and who should just be ignored anyway), the context of people being offended by this particular song is when you hear it in a pub and 50 people sing along, sing faggot louder than the other words and then laugh/cheer

                                I can understand people taking offence to that...so can the pouges fwiw


                                PMA

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                  Leicester must be the value bet against liverpool on Sunday. Liverpool are down to the bare bones and are there for the taking. Leicester odds should be lower imo.
                                  Ah dream on would ya

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                    Jaysus Hitch what's going on . I'm lost
                                    Hitch ran over some guy on his bike!

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

                                      Ah dream on would ya
                                      hardly controversial. Salah is out due to Covid. 1st team defense all injured. Henderson out also I think. Leicester will rip through them.
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

                                      Comment


                                        Anyone use Qobuz? Probably gonna give it a test run this weekend. Is the 24-bit res all it's cracked up to be?

                                        Comment


                                          Almost took my eye out this morning. Came back from a run and was walking back to the house, pitch dark. Jumped down off the kerb between two parked cars as there was a girl walking towards me on the path and felt a sharp sting.

                                          Walked right into a car aeriel. Hit me a cm below the right eye and caused a cut. I'll have a shiner but Jesus I was lucky.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                          Comment


                                            Fwiw... I basically agree with South Park but it doesn't affect me so...
                                             
                                            Last edited by Elshambles; 19-11-20, 20:16.
                                            PMA

                                            Comment


                                              Comment


                                                Fuck me...be a good time to start forming a new political party ( or for the Libertarians to try expand) in US as GOP trying to out FF FF
                                                PMA

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

                                                  hardly controversial. Salah is out due to Covid. 1st team defense all injured. Henderson out also I think. Leicester will rip through them.
                                                  Leicester's back line is not looking great either, from the starting line up they're missing Castagne, Perreira and Soyuncu. Also no Ndidi in front of them.
                                                  And I'd be waiting for Liverpool's line up before backing Leicester, the fitness of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago are all still unknown.
                                                  Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 19-11-20, 20:38.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Almost took my eye out this morning. Came back from a run and was walking back to the house, pitch dark. Jumped down off the kerb between two parked cars as there was a girl walking towards me on the path and felt a sharp sting.

                                                    Walked right into a car aeriel. Hit me a cm below the right eye and caused a cut. I'll have a shiner but Jesus I was lucky.
                                                    Car Aerial, what was it a Datsun?
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

                                                    Comment


                                                      Having problems streaming from my laptop to chromecast, buffering like fck but surely my eir router should be able to handle a 1080p file
                                                      Laptop is an i7 with 16Gb and wouldn't be too busy doing anything else
                                                      Doesn't matter if I use VideoStream, VLC player or plex
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Having problems streaming from my laptop to chromecast, buffering like fck but surely my eir router should be able to handle a 1080p file
                                                        Laptop is an i7 with 16Gb and wouldn't be too busy doing anything else
                                                        Doesn't matter if I use VideoStream, VLC player or plex
                                                        Get an Apple TV, problem solved

                                                        Comment


                                                          Rudi is a gift that just keeps on giving

                                                          EnN-k2QVQAAXbW1?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                            Car Aerial, what was it a Datsun?
                                                            Wife said similar.

                                                            A recent enough Hyundai coupe

                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                            Comment


                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                Rudi is a gift that just keeps on giving

                                                                EnN-k2QVQAAXbW1?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                                                                Dafuq is going on there?
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                Comment


                                                                  What would you say is in it for him?

                                                                  Went looking him up there to see if he might be planning a white house run in 2024, but he's too old. So its not that. One normal-sounding daughter who made a special plea before the election for no-one to listen to her father, and one son who looks like biffo from back to the future and works for donald trump. meh you win some you lose some.
                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Andy Guiliani, the apple of his fathers eye.

                                                                    The son of the former New York mayor was a college golfer. He joined the Duke University golf team in 2006 but was cut from the team in 2008 after he allegedly threw an apple at a teammate and threw and broke a golf club in a parking lot. The then-college student sued the university but the case was dismissed in 2010.
                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                      Dafuq is going on there?
                                                                      Cheap shoe polish or maybe some soy sauce. Rudy doesn't seem like a man into his appearance so any nearby dark substance is good enough to throw on his head.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        FFS!
                                                                        GTFO and knackered is fine an an expression for broken down and tired but but using knacker is not... It's not complicated its just good fucking manners.
                                                                        What if the person in question is in fact a knacker (horses).

                                                                        Last edited by Mellor; 20-11-20, 04:44.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                          Anyone use Qobuz? Probably gonna give it a test run this weekend. Is the 24-bit res all it's cracked up to be?
                                                                          Did you try the tidal offer I posted recently? Really liking it so far and may scrap my Spotify membership all together

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

                                                                            Did you try the tidal offer I posted recently? Really liking it so far and may scrap my Spotify membership all together
                                                                            Let us know how you get on. I really want to stop supporting Spotify.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              I finished the rough draft of my most ambitious track, it turned out way better than I had hoped for. 4 Violins, live drum and bass and a trumpet. https://soundcloud.com/user-53190158...ughmix-4-60bpm

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                  nah its 'sufficient network calls'. Theres only two network calls - Fox+AP, all the others. So when they both call it, its done. Almost certainly today.
                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                  I feel you are doing a Trump here. Denying something that is going to be easily disproved when everyone is paid out today or at the latest over the weekend.
                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                  ah - so its impossible to prove that you are wrong, but I've already been proved wrong even when they will undoubtedly pay today or tomorrow. Its a weird type of wrongness to be honest given the question was about when we'll get paid.
                                                                                  So it's been two weeks since the above, how's that payout coming along?

                                                                                  I am genuinely bemused at how confidently you stated that a payout was imminent, given the obviousness of the unfolding challenges.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Mellor View Post

                                                                                    What if the person in question is in fact a knacker (horses).
                                                                                    That's a horse of a different colour

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                      I finished the rough draft of my most ambitious track, it turned out way better than I had hoped for. 4 Violins, live drum and bass and a trumpet. https://soundcloud.com/user-53190158...ughmix-4-60bpm
                                                                                      Did you consider throwing your name in the ring as a wildcard for 2fm Rising Stars?

                                                                                      https://about.rte.ie/2020/10/27/rte-...sing-talent-20

                                                                                      I heard Eoghan McDermott mention it on 2FM this morning, entries still open.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Mellor View Post





                                                                                        So it's been two weeks since the above, how's that payout coming along?

                                                                                        I am genuinely bemused at how confidently you stated that a payout was imminent, given the obviousness of the unfolding challenges.
                                                                                        You beat me to it.

                                                                                        I was holding out for

                                                                                        2dddf5bd0fd43a5341351e96f7dc8f75.jpg

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Seems a bit mean to be holding people to account for past statements. I mean is that what we've now lowered ourselves to?
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                                            A word play on some well-known poker/game based film or TV show that people will know.

                                                                                            The Queen's Gambler is about the best I've got.
                                                                                            Call the Midwife
                                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              Seems a bit mean to be holding people to account for past statements. I mean is that what we've now lowered ourselves to?
                                                                                              I'm only joking, I never intended on mentioning it tbh, I just wanted to use that meme.

                                                                                              My own thoughts on it could not have been more equivocal anyway, a lot of "I'm not saying they won't settle" etc. Also I was 100% wrong in my thoughts that PP would remain aligned with BF the whole way through.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                                                I'm only joking, I never intended on mentioning it tbh, I just wanted to use that meme.

                                                                                                My own thoughts on it could not have been more equivocal anyway, a lot of "I'm not saying they won't settle" etc. Also I was 100% wrong in my thoughts that PP would remain aligned with BF the whole way through.
                                                                                                It does seem like the main reason for not settling at this point is to see can they hit the magic €1bn number for the market.
                                                                                                €885bn right now and you can stick €11.6m on Biden at 1.05 should you have the dosh and feel so inclined...
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

                                                                                                  Did you try the tidal offer I posted recently? Really liking it so far and may scrap my Spotify membership all together
                                                                                                  Interesting. Must have missed it. What HiFi? mag reckons Tidal high-res sounds better than Qobuz. Will check it out too. Cheers.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

                                                                                                    Let us know how you get on. I really want to stop supporting Spotify.
                                                                                                    i really like it to be honest. The interface is very similar to spotify, and so far every thing has been there that i've wanted to listen to. I mainly listen to music with headphones, and with a good pair, the quality is noticeably improved, especially with classical. I've no doubt that with a good sound system, the quality would be significantly improved also. Everything appears slightly less flat and sharper across the board. The only thing i'd see as an issue is their back catalog and more obscure stuff, which is why i'd be curious to see how Benny or SP got on with it from a rock/indie/folk perspective or you from a techno perspective.

                                                                                                    i've got the whole family on it now, and just waiting for the opportune time to shut spotify down. (FWIW, there is a very simple process to transfer all your playlists etc. from spotify onto tidal, so no need to rebuild your database, which has taken the sting out of the kids arguments so far).

                                                                                                    The only really stupid thing is their pricing model. it's 19.99 wherever you are so USD19.99, EUR19.99, GBP19.99, TRY19.99 , so worth using a VPN and getting on the TRY19.99

                                                                                                    definitely worth a try anyway

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                      I finished the rough draft of my most ambitious track, it turned out way better than I had hoped for. 4 Violins, live drum and bass and a trumpet. https://soundcloud.com/user-53190158...ughmix-4-60bpm
                                                                                                      This is great. Violins sound very excellent and love when the drums/sax come in. Super stuff.

                                                                                                      So what software/hardware are you using?

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                                                        I'm only joking, I never intended on mentioning it tbh, I just wanted to use that meme.

                                                                                                        My own thoughts on it could not have been more equivocal anyway, a lot of "I'm not saying they won't settle" etc. Also I was 100% wrong in my thoughts that PP would remain aligned with BF the whole way through.
                                                                                                        ah yeah I'm messing also if it wasn't clear.

                                                                                                        it does seem strange how PP and BF went separate ways. And I still don't get how BF hasn't closed. They should have used a term 'state projected votes' if thats what they meant, as most people understand 'projected vote' to be the process whereby networks call the election.
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                          ah yeah I'm messing also if it wasn't clear.

                                                                                                          it does seem strange how PP and BF went separate ways. And I still don't get how BF hasn't closed. They should have used a term 'state projected votes' if thats what they meant, as most people understand 'projected vote' to be the process whereby networks call the election.
                                                                                                          I wasn't sure but I have you on my blocklist and I consider you a bit of a vagabond now.

                                                                                                          I think the gambling commission will step in somehow and tell them that there is too much ambiguity in the market and given it's size they need to clarify the terms better moving forward.

                                                                                                          Next time around it will have to be different.

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            So if Trump somehow manages to coup his way back into the white house. Do the bookies then pay out on Trump or do they wait until the Democrats storm the whitehouse and take it for the electorate or do they wait until there is a counter attack on the Dems led by the Proud boys or do they………………….WTF are they waiting for is my point. Jan 20th I guess. I think Biden should have his inauguration in Gettysburg

                                                                                                            scuse spellings.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                                                              I wasn't sure but I have you on my blocklist and I consider you a bit of a vagabond now.

                                                                                                              I think the gambling commission will step in somehow and tell them that there is too much ambiguity in the market and given it's size they need to clarify the terms better moving forward.

                                                                                                              Next time around it will have to be different.
                                                                                                              Terms should be: "we will settle this market once the following news organizations have called the winner"

                                                                                                              then insert whatever news orgs take your pick - maybe CNN, ABC, AP, Fox, New York Times, BBC

                                                                                                              That's unambiguous and gives clarity to both sides.
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Missed the Leo tweet and TikTok's 1,100 hires.

                                                                                                                I'm not surprised at all as pretty much everyone I worked with regularly in my last 2 roles have been messaged by TikTok in recent months.

                                                                                                                Two different people who went on to 2nd/3rd round said the salary range was 30% higher than what they expected.

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                                  It does seem like the main reason for not settling at this point is to see can they hit the magic €1bn number for the market.
                                                                                                                  €885m right now and you can stick €11.6m on Biden at 1.05 should you have the dosh and feel so inclined...
                                                                                                                  that €885m just jumped by almost €30m in two hours - now €912m traded and the 1.05 is all gone. Would love to see what increments it went in.
                                                                                                                  €7.3m there at 1.04 for anyone who wants a nice return.
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    it does seem strange how PP and BF went separate ways. And I still don't get how BF hasn't closed. They should have used a term 'state projected votes' if thats what they meant, as most people understand 'projected vote' to be the process whereby networks call the election.
                                                                                                                    As I said you you on the night, the official winner of each state is also only a projected vote - actual vote is later by electors.
                                                                                                                    They also made it clear that they would hold off for legal wrangling. No point did they suggest it was new media and news media only.

                                                                                                                    I'm not sure if TAB are paying out yet. Probably not the bastards.



                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                                                                      Did you consider throwing your name in the ring as a wildcard for 2fm Rising Stars?

                                                                                                                      https://about.rte.ie/2020/10/27/rte-...sing-talent-20

                                                                                                                      I heard Eoghan McDermott mention it on 2FM this morning, entries still open.
                                                                                                                      Haha, cheers! I'm more of a behind the scenes producer. I have the face for radio and the voice for email. I actually have a pretty watertight plan for world domination though...watch this space.

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

                                                                                                                        This is great. Violins sound very excellent and love when the drums/sax come in. Super stuff.

                                                                                                                        So what software/hardware are you using?
                                                                                                                        Thanks Benny!

                                                                                                                        My answer is going to bore you though, I do everything with Ableton. I write the whole thing with VST instruments and then send it to musicians. I love the back and forth with the musicians - this song was supposed to be a minute short but the trumpet player sent me back two takes, and I loved both so I just extended the song. The violinist suggested having several violins which ended up working really well, the initial song is a shadow of what it is now.

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                          As I said you you on the night, the official winner of each state is also only a projected vote - actual vote is later by electors.
                                                                                                                          They also made it clear that they would hold off for legal wrangling. No point did they suggest it was new media and news media only.

                                                                                                                          I'm not sure if TAB are paying out yet. Probably not the bastards.


                                                                                                                          Lets not reopen the conversation too much, but right there in their rules they said they will pay out on projected votes. So I'd imagine common understanding was that this would be based on what is commonly called projected votes.
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X