This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Anyone pick a few sets for the above to save me doing it?

Is there any reason not to just pick the 6 favs (besides the fact that everyone will)?
    Johnson
    Rahm
    Schauffele
    Matsuyama
    Watson
    Cantlay

Rahm
    Johnson
    Schauffele
    Matsuyama
    Watson
    Cantlay

Watson
    Schauffele
    Rahm
    Johnson
    Matsuyama
    Cantlay
    Last edited by Elshambles; 10-11-20, 22:40.
    PMA

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Feel I'm being tested a bit in work with what can only be described as disrespect. Not sure how to react. Is it a test? Do I let it go as its unimportant in and of itself on this occasion? Do I slap it down?
      Is it coming from above, a peer or below?

If it’s above you gotta take a stand. A peer it depends.

Below, then you make sure you let them know that you don’t consider them worthy of wasting a moment of your time.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Slightly below - one level below, I'd say more a peer really. I'm just not sure. My default in recent years has always been to be a bollix of the highest order in these situations, but I'm wondering if thats always the best approach.
          always the best approach unless you can do it in 10x less time anyone else can, then do, and say never bother me with this shit again

or unless you can think of strategic value in doing

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

In fairness, he's laughing as he says it. And makes it clear that 'we'll count every vote'.

Feels like it's all about massaging Trump's ego for fear of some insane act.
            I don't think laughing makes it better - the laugh could mean he realises the absurdity of what he is saying...but plans to proceed otherwise, or it could be a nod and a wink that the whole thing is a joke. It's a tactic often used by the alt-right so they can say ridiculous things and then hide under the assumption of humour.

It may be risible and incompetent, (which is par for the course), but Trump is attempting a coup d'etat. I don't think anyone should be laughing it off, least of all the secretary of state. (Who is a Trump arch loyalist)

Bolton on it: https://edition.cnn.com/videos/polit...er-tsr-vpx.cnn

Comment

Nip it in the Bud early if you are being disrespected IMHO. If they think there are no consequences they will be nipping away behind your back and to your face as well. Far better to have a proper row and move on, sniping back and forward can lead to future toxic situations. Lance the boil
              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Respect is earned Hitch.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Humour works hitch as does a frank discussion. Book a meeting with him and discuss it lightly . The formality of the meeting is enough to deter future occurrences .

Comment

Can anyone remember who this guys name on here was? It's for a fantastic sherlock holmes thing.

http://dokearney.blogspot.com/2018/0...alert.html?m=1
                    danloulou?
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

It's absolutely not that straightforward. He would need to be given an opportunity to address the accusations of "stated misbehaviour". The Dail also need to be incredibly careful about what they are willing to call "stated misbehaviour" lest they accidentally create a terribly wide precedent.

There's actually a Supreme Court decision on this. The Dail need to tread VERY carefully with this one.
                      It's not like they are going to create anti-matter or anything. I'm sure the AG can cook up some solid advice to allow for impeachment, although Denham's report will be a fly in the ointment.

All the pearl clutching around the separation of powers is a bit rich given that Woulfe is an appointed FG apparatchik. I'm guessing this may be the main reason the rest of the SC are shunning him.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

any recommendations for a home laser printer? Inkjet isn't really an option for printing of any quantity so I am looking for a laser printer and know very little in terms of trade off between purchase cost, cartridge (toner or w/e) replacement over volume of printing. It seems the sort of thing that the BBV should have solved. I mean if we have towels solved then a printer should be on the list.

Comment

Murdrum, have you gone beyond the first two seasons of the Slow Burn podcasts?

Season 3 is Biggie and Tupac
                          Season 4 does David Duke

Apparently Season 5 is coming in the Spring and does the lead-up to the Iraq War

Just seeing have you vetted these for my listening pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                            any recommendations for a home laser printer? Inkjet isn't really an option for printing of any quantity so I am looking for a laser printer and know very little in terms of trade off between purchase cost, cartridge (toner or w/e) replacement over volume of printing. It seems the sort of thing that the BBV should have solved. I mean if we have towels solved then a printer should be on the list.
                            Go for the next generation of printers and print your own towels. EZ Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                              It may be risible and incompetent, (which is par for the course), but Trump is attempting a coup d'etat. I don't think anyone should be laughing it off, least of all the secretary of state. (Who is a Trump arch loyalist)
                              He's throwing a tantrum, not attempting a coup.
                              The courts are laughing each lawsuit out the door and the counting is nearly done and certified. Then, it's definitely over.

We should laugh at him, it's humiliating for any adult to act like this, least of all the President of the US.

Comment

HH - Rooneydives

Comment

Comment

He's throwing a tantrum, not attempting a coup.
                                    The courts are laughing each lawsuit out the door and the counting is nearly done and certified. Then, it's definitely over.

We should laugh at him, it's humiliating for any adult to act like this, least of all the President of the US.
                                    Nope. Not even close.

Only 33 States and the District of Columbia have faithless elector laws. And of those not all the States have laws that compel a vote along State outcome lines.

So there's still plenty of scope for shenanigans even after certification.

Hillary Clinton being an Elector for New York is a fun tidbit.
                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                        All the pearl clutching around the separation of powers is a bit rich given that Woulfe is an appointed FG apparatchik. I'm guessing this may be the main reason the rest of the SC are shunning him.
                                        It wouldn't be fair to ask for an opinion from our correspondent embedded in the four goldmines but I'm not getting any sense of how he has generally been regarded before this, like the proportion of FF hack to respected and capable SC who was always going to become a high or supreme Court Judge.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Nope. Not even close.

Only 33 States and the District of Columbia have faithless elector laws. And of those not all the States have laws that compel a vote along State outcome lines.

The market is currently pricing his chance of pulling it off at c. 10% realistically the real possibility must be a tiny fraction of that

I'm really confused by this, it just looks so clearly an opportunity to buy money that I must be missing something huge

Comment

Nope. Not even close.

Ha no way. A lot of Reps are waiting on certification, then once that is sealed there will be widespread congrats to Biden. Trump is surrounding himself with the type that cant be trusted . It's all about self interest . For now they are just scared of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              The market is currently pricing his chance of pulling it off at c. 10% realistically the real possibility must be a tiny fraction of that

I'm really confused by this, it just looks so clearly an opportunity to buy money that I must be missing something huge
                                              In 2016 there was a popular vote loser who won the Electoral College but absolutely no suggestion at that time that the election was in any way unfair or invalid. Even so, 6 out of the 538 Electors voted faithlessly. Trump probably needs somewhere around 30 Electors to jump ship for him to win.

There's also a chance that some of the Electors jump from Biden for Bernie Sanders or Hillary or The Bald Eagles of America (think that one or something like it actually got a vote from Washington State in 2016) and leave neither Trump nor Biden with 270. In which case the election goes to a Congressional vote.

I have no idea how you price an event that has never happened and, for it to happen, would require a large number of independent events to all line up perfectly for Trump. I'm not sure you can price it as high as 10% but that's a gut instinct rather than based on any risk-analysis. But it's definitely a non-zero chance that the Electoral College changes the result.
                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

In 2016 there was a popular vote loser who won the Electoral College but absolutely no suggestion at that time that the election was in any way unfair or invalid. Even so, 6 out of the 538 Electors voted faithlessly. Trump probably needs somewhere around 30 Electors to jump ship for him to win.

There's also a chance that some of the Electors jump from Biden for Bernie Sanders or Hillary or The Bald Eagles of America (think that one or something like it actually got a vote from Washington State in 2016) and leave neither Trump nor Biden with 270. In which case the election goes to a Congressional vote.

I have no idea how you price an event that has never happened and, for it to happen, would require a large number of independent events to all line up perfectly for Trump. I'm not sure you can price it as high as 10% but that's a gut instinct rather than based on any risk-analysis. But it's definitely a non-zero chance that the Electoral College changes the result.
                                                I see it as a tiny possibility - there's lots of things that are technically possible but practically impossible.

It's not even worth thinking about tbh.

Comment

Phase 2 of money making plan implemented - dump Biden winnings into AIB stock. Pity the fucking 25% leap in the previous two days before I could buy, but there we go.
                                                  I'd wait for Brexit news myself...

Comment

That Doke blog is a tough read.

Comment

I see it as a tiny possibility - there's lots of things that are technically possible but practically impossible.

Is this a movie you guys are talking about ? Sounds very far fetched.

Comment

My wife and I welcomed a little girl to our family on Monday They are coming home today, quite excited about it. Not sure at all how our 2 year old boy is going to take it but will be interesting for sure. Let the sleepless nights recommence!

Comment

Youve made John Voight very angry.

Comment

I've a pair of Sony Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones WF-1000XM3 for sale on adverts if anybody is on the lookout for a new pair of earphones, drop me a line if your interested,
                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Youve made John Voight very angry.

Muhammad Ali would have found that utterly disgusting and incitement to hatred if he was alive and well.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

danloulou?
                                                                He had a big score there a couple months back $428,391 from a $33 satellite, story on PokerNews

Murdrum, have you gone beyond the first two seasons of the Slow Burn podcasts?

Season 3 is Biggie and Tupac
                                                                Season 4 does David Duke

Apparently Season 5 is coming in the Spring and does the lead-up to the Iraq War

Just seeing have you vetted these for my listening pleasure.
                                                                Note sure if Biggie & Tupac is up your alley but if you liked the previous seasons you'll probably like the story telling. I've still yet to start season 4 but am looking forward to it.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                My wife and I welcomed a little girl to our family on Monday They are coming home today, quite excited about it. Not sure at all how our 2 year old boy is going to take it but will be interesting for sure. Let the sleepless nights recommence!
                                                                Many congratulations on the new arrival to the family. Best wishes for y'all.

Comment

Has this been posted here before? It's astonishingly bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJGwrpb_Sao

I would be sure it's a send-up, but there are too many famous people in it.

Comment

Has this been posted here before? It's astonishingly bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJGwrpb_Sao

It's not half as bad as I was expecting

Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

That Doke blog is a tough read.
                                                                      Sure is, brought a lot of memories back

Comment

Hitch, was it you who backed Georgia to be the tightest margin in the Prez race? AZ has actually gotten tighter (12k vs 14k) and GA lead keeps expanding as they go through the provisionals...

Comment

Need to sort out all my passwords... long due a cleanup... and tips?
                                                                          PMA

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                            I use dead celebrities.

Comment

You know you're shite when an airport takes the piss:
                                                                              PMA

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

It's not half as bad as I was expecting

Surprised hes not in the Dail...hes more coherent than the lobotmised HR "and and and and all dey want is to keep warum with with with a bitta turf"

Comment

Also @ HH

It may not be what you think.
                                                                                    Conversation first to establish if theres an issue.
                                                                                    Nuclear wont improve things long term.

Comment

Had a good laugh at that one Solks!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                        I asked recently d turned onto lastpass as a solution.

Comment

That movie is interesting, the lad behind it has a couple of solid credits including Doubt which was very good and Moonlighting which won oscars.
                                                                                          Maybe he's trying to have it every way being pitched as a light piece of paddywhackery at the inhabitants of Trump's dumbfuckistan and at the same time some sort of meta comedy to everybody else.
                                                                                          I don't think there will be nearly enough laughs to carry me through it.

Comment

Comment

Lastpass is fanastic, however the premium version is worth getting.

Amazingly, Bitwarden offer all of the premium features of Lastpass except for free.

I am currently using both, aiming to fully migrate to Bitwarden next year and no longer pay lastpass' fees.

Comment

+1 for Lastpass premium.

I use it for work and personal stuff. You can share out passwords to family or co-workers too, handy little feature.

Annoyed that Logmein bought them as the annual sub tripled over two years .

EDIT: Bitwarden looks good and the "family" sub for 6x users is cheaper than my single user lastpass sub. Must give it a punt on the free tier first.
                                                                                                Last edited by coillcam; 11-11-20, 14:46.

Comment

...

Comment

I use NordVPN and I've been meaning to get a password manager for the last while and see they've now got a password manager also, thinking about firing up that or possibly LastPass.

Comment

Clicking the tweet seems to bring you to the thread, I can't seem to link it any better. Some of these are genius.

Comment

What the benefit of lastpass premium now? I had premium when you needed it for use on mobile, but now that seems to be included in the free version.

Comment

Maybe I'm a bit simple or missing something here but do people pay money just so you dont have to type in your passwords to websites or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                            Maybe I'm a bit simple or missing something here but do people pay money just so you dont have to type in your passwords to websites or whatever?
                                                                                                            Almost begs for some tech guy on here to hack all your accounts to show you the benefits of not using the same passwords for your online accounts. I'm really bad, I used to use the same one all the time, and still have it as a password in some places despite Google explicitly telling me it's been compromised.

Comment

Let there be no doubt, it's a killer. Can only imagine what that stats would have been if no collective action was taken.

Comment

Doesn't google just do all that password stuff now?

On VPN's etc has anyone figured out a way to get BBCiPlayer to cast to a chromecast here?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                  I'm just amazed there's people still typing in passwords all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    Doesn't google just do all that password stuff now?

On VPN's etc has anyone figured out a way to get BBCiPlayer to cast to a chromecast here?
                                                                                                                    Mine are almost all too similar at this stage and need updating so generate new ones and lock them up seems sensible

*Just to let hotspurs hacker know the one for here is nothing like the rest!
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Elshambles; 11-11-20, 18:23. Reason: *
                                                                                                                    PMA

Comment

If one was in the market for an Ooni pizza oven, which is the right one to get - the Koda or the Koda 16?

Comment

Excited for JOHN CALE AND LOU REED’S SONGS FOR ‘DRELLA and LOU REED’S BERLIN streaming live on NOVEMBER 13-19 and NOVEMBER 20-29 respectively, both recorded at St Anne's Warehouse in Brooklyn in 1989 and 2008.

Free of charge to all comers.

Comment

Brilliant news Paul, delighted for you all. Girls are great craic
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X