This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1bn worth of BTC moved on a 'slow news' day yesterday

The wallet had been dormant for seven years prior to the transaction this week. Great timing to do it between the current situation in the US and BTC near all-time highs again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
      Those 'ask your doctor about [insert wonder drug name, with a shitload of nasty quick talking side effects]' adverts are on US tv are super tilting.

Shouldn't your doctor be the one doing the prescribing?
      So tilting. Do you have mood swings? You probably have bi-polar. Pop this pill and you will be living your best life in no time. Please be aware many side effects may occur including an urge to kill yourself

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        What are his chances of ending up with 312 EC's, is that whats left [potentially ?
        My own calc is:

Current 253-214 called. 71 remaining.

Remaining:
        AK (3 EC votes) - Trump wins easy
        PA (20 EC votes) - Trump currently ahead by 164k votes. Biden flips this with the overwhelmingly blue mail votes remaining to count. Wins by ~150k votes
        GA (16 EC votes) - Trump currently ahead by 18k votes. Biden flips this with overwhelmingly blue votes remaining. Wins by ~20k votes. Probable recount.
        AZ (11 EC votes) - Biden currently ahead by 64k votes. Biden holds on with approx same 3% winning margin
        NV (6 EC votes) - Biden ahead by 6k votes. Will win further as Clark County (Vegas baby!) votes come in.
        NC (15 EC votes) - Trump ahead and hangs on just.

Final
        306-232 Biden
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I’m actually most worried by Nevada, oddly. Vegas has been hit hard by restrictions and might break for Trump because no lockdown is good for business.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

My own calc is:

Current 253-214 called. 71 remaining.

Remaining:
            AK (3 EC votes) - Trump wins easy
            PA (20 EC votes) - Trump currently ahead by 164k votes. Biden flips this with the overwhelmingly blue mail votes remaining to count. Wins by ~150k votes
            GA (16 EC votes) - Trump currently ahead by 18k votes. Biden flips this with overwhelmingly blue votes remaining. Wins by ~20k votes. Probable recount.
            AZ (11 EC votes) - Biden currently ahead by 64k votes. Biden holds on with approx same 3% winning margin
            NV (6 EC votes) - Biden ahead by 6k votes. Will win further as Clark County (Vegas baby!) votes come in.
            NC (15 EC votes) - Trump ahead and hangs on just.

Final
            306-232 Biden
            I hope it is only 20k votes because much more than that and the poor fella might end up having to foot the estimated $3.5m cost of a recount.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Dnegs/Polk started last night. The first 200 hands played in the studio before they move online for the rest of it.

Comment

If he listen to uncle Bernie you wouldn't have shit yerselves AND made some extra dollar

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      140,000 votes left for Biden to breach in Penn before people can legally turn up in the white house and slap orange boy.
                      Kayroo's buddy:

Comment

Kayroo's buddy:

Him and Nate Cohn are superb
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

61k votes left to call in GA apparently and seems decent odds-on they break more than 70% for Biden to put him in the lead...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Yeah, Nate Cohn is very good. the better of the two Nates as he seems to be more into the game than just the stats.
                                  Now I know why I never liked you.

Did enjoy this for lesser of the Nate's:

Comment

Comment

Or maybe you should just drive your pet down the country to see the vet!

A friend of mine had a dog smashed up by a car and ended up being cornered into spending more on his now three legged dog than it cost to put one of the kids through college... mind you he had to bring it to Dublin for the expensive surgery
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

So apparently the left in america, actual left not the pearl clutchers (although they will show up...), are planning a bunch of targeted protests etc starting sometime next week or week after

Fun times!

Comment

red-shotgun-cartridge-isolated-on-white-background-picture-id914203160.jpg
                                          Pet insurance...lol
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Not inconceivable that Biden wins every remaining state bar Alaska and North Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Another recent change that may throw up issues regarding voting:

Election offices in at least 21 states will notify voters of issues with missing or mismatched signatures on their mail envelopes and offer them an opportunity to fix these mistakes. Previously, ballots with such errors or oversights were automatically rejected, resulting in tens of thousands of lost votes in recent elections
                                              A pause of 29k ballots being counted after legal challenge due to this issue in Pennsylvania. They should still be counted by Friday though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                Not inconceivable that Biden wins every remaining state bar Alaska and North Carolina.
                                                I think that's likely, rather than 'not inconceivable'.

Comment

Biden pads his lead a bit in NV, with 87% counted - 12k ahead

Comment

Well 2k, if you believe 10k of the votes are illegal
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Would be hilarious if Fox called NV for him and got him to 270 and the winner by their projections.
                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Would be hilarious if Fox called NV for him and got him to 270 and the winner by their projections.
                                                        By the sounds of it, Murdoch is done with him.

Would be very hard to pass up a FUCK YOU opportunity of this size.

"Declare it lads, fuck him"

Comment

Why is Kamala gone from 1000 to 600 on the machine? Joe have Covid?

Can she technically even win based on BF rules?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                            $1bn worth of BTC moved on a 'slow news' day yesterday

The wallet had been dormant for seven years prior to the transaction this week. Great timing to do it between the current situation in the US and BTC near all-time highs again.
                                                            The U.S. is suing for the forfeiture of thousands of Bitcoins, totaling more than $1 billion, that it seized on Tuesday.
                                                            https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...over-1-billion

I doubt it had any impact on the price, there are more important things going on

Comment

A lot of votes just dropped in NV that apparently Trump would have been looking for a good chunk of. Went almost even. Bad sign for Trump according to Ralston

Comment

Kamala just went to 300200

Comment

Comment

Kinda nice in some ways that Trump's demise is going to be so long and drawn out.
                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I wonder if anyone can tell me . Is the ol Landslide OFF the table ?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                        Kamala just went to 300200
                                                                        Market settles on most projected electoral college votes. I think she can't win.

Comment

I think that's likely, rather than 'not inconceivable'.
                                                                          Barring a miracle Nevada now Biden’s.

For all intents and purposes, that’s it.

Comment

Penn approaching the 100k point - this evening will be the nice leisurely countdown to the end of trumpism. I guess we'll have a trump concession later today - maybe midnight our time?
                                                                            I'm going into work tomorrow to yank the chain of some Americans . If you think I'm annoying, these folk are straight out of a Trump rally , blind devotion and hard core ignorance when hit with facts .

Comment

Penn approaching the 100k point - this evening will be the nice leisurely countdown to the end of trumpism. I guess we'll have a trump concession later today - maybe midnight our time?
                                                                              Not sure if serious.

i don’t see him ever conceding

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post

Market settles on most projected electoral college votes. I think she can't win.
                                                                                That's what I thought too.

Perhaps a little bit of a caveat in the rules regarding some ambiguity and BF's discretion but not sure.

I just thought it was strange given the size of the market. It would still take a little bit of money to get it into 200s.

Comment

CNN STREAM ANYONE ? Kid has Cartoonito on.

Comment

Is there a reluctance to be the State that gets him over the line to avoid the probable chaos that will hit the streets of said State?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                      CNN STREAM ANYONE ? Kid has Cartoonito on.
                                                                                      CNN.com

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Not sure if serious.

i don’t see him ever conceding
                                                                                        I bet he makes some kind of address that, while not being a traditional concession speech, will be one in impact.

Comment

I bet he makes some kind of address that, while not being a traditional concession speech, will be one in impact.
                                                                                          Not a hope.. He'll go out kicking, screaming and suing. He has no shame whatsoever.

Don't they traditionally leave a letter in the desk for their successor? Would love to see what he kind of shite he leaves for Biden, if he even bothers.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                            Don't they traditionally leave a letter in the desk for their successor? Would love to see what he kind of shite he leaves for Biden, if he even bothers.
                                                                                            Probably leave an actual shite in the desk drawer of the Resolute Desk.

Would actually be appropriate.

Comment

I wonder will CKid skip next year's BBV post out of embarrassment.
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Hmmmm

I guess you could make a case that if Joe was to die before the result is called then Kamala would be the candidate with the most projected Electoral College votes.
                                                                                                It would be a stretch but a hilarious one

Who will be elected to be the next President of the United States of America as a result of the 2020 presidential election?

This market will be settled according to the candidate that has the most projected Electoral College votes won at the 2020 presidential election. Any subsequent events such as a ‘faithless elector’ will have no effect on the settlement of this market.
                                                                                                ...
                                                                                                10/03/2020 10:30am – Once voting (whether postal, electronic or at the ballot box) begins in the year 2020 for the US Presidential Election 2020, the election will be deemed to have taken place for the purposes of this market. We will then settle the market as per our rules regardless of whether the election process is fully completed in 2020 or beyond.
                                                                                                ...
                                                                                                If there is any material change to the established role or any ambiguity as to who occupies the position, then Betfair may determine, using its reasonable discretion, how to settle the market based on all the information available to it at the relevant time. Betfair reserves the right to wait for further official announcements before the market is settled.

Comment

Decent rant

Comment

I'm going to make a statement that this is the single greatest collective sweat in the history of these hallowed poker boards. Yes, Our Conor was wonderful but when all was said and done it was a horse race that was decisively over in 4 minutes. Here we get to sweat a massive event in human history over many weeks, with incredible swings, epic characters and depths of emotion that range from pure elation, to despair and indeed occasionally pure bafflement. And indeed a vast range of betting options that enrich our punting experience.

Hope everyone has enjoyed the show to date. Let's shout this horse home now.

Comment

...At what stage will bookies pay out on biden... Will it be once projections have him at 270, when he gives a speech, or just when the exchange hits 1.01...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                        ...At what stage will bookies pay out on biden... Will it be once projections have him at 270, when he gives a speech, or just when the exchange hits 1.01...
                                                                                                        I *think* it's when all the major networks have called the race over.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            Decent rant
                                                                                                            There's almost no celebrity that I actually dislike but Michael Rappaport might be the only one that really irks me.

That said, he does the whole ranting speech really well.

Comment

Barring a miracle Nevada now Biden’s.

For all intents and purposes, that’s it.
                                                                                                              Literally no idea how they haven’t called Nevada

Comment

I'm going to make a statement that this is the single greatest collective sweat in the history of these hallowed poker boards. Yes, Our Conor was wonderful but when all was said and done it was a horse race that was decisively over in 4 minutes. Here we get to sweat a massive event in human history over many weeks, with incredible swings, epic characters and depths of emotion that range from pure elation, to despair and indeed occasionally pure bafflement. And indeed a vast range of betting options that enrich our punting experience.

Hope everyone has enjoyed the show to date. Let's shout this horse home now.
                                                                                                                Never happier to ship someone a couple of ponies.

Although, I have to say I'm happy with my reasoning for betting. It was based on my arguing the American public were apathetic to Covid death because they're hyper individualist.

Exit polls backed that up.

Comment

Literally no idea how they haven’t called Nevada
                                                                                                                  Drama llamas

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Never happier to ship someone a couple of ponies.

Although, I have to say I'm happy with my reasoning for betting. It was based on my arguing the American public were apathetic to Covid death because they're hyper individualist.

Exit polls backed that up.
                                                                                                                    It was a reasonable bit of logic tbf

And I don't want your stinkin' money. Or Collie's either.

I've shipped (boom, boom) €100 to the RNLI. If you guys would care to reciprocate with your nifties, I'm sure that would buy us some good karma.

Comment

...

Comment

I'd say Melania is crying with relief and is carefully scrutinizing the pre-nup with her personal lawyer.

Although quite likely Trump has zero assets to disburse.

Comment

It was a reasonable bit of logic tbf

And I don't want your stinkin' money. Or Collie's either.

I've shipped (boom, boom) €100 to the RNLI. If you guys would care to reciprocate with your nifties, I'm sure that would buy us some good karma.
                                                                                                                          Absolutely, fair play.

Delighted for you, and all who benefitted from your enthusiasm.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X