• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Biden dead in ohio
    he is?

Where is everyone getting their data?
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

538 had Florida 69 : 31
      Yes, yes Biden didn’t *need* it and Trump did; but nonetheless it’s a first upset. A first set of actual results in a swing state that confound polling

Most significantly for me, Trump has done this on a higher turnout in Florida compared to 2016.

So yeah, it’s mildly worrying. Biden has a range of outcomes and his landslides are now off the table imo .

Yeah the blue wave and american grand rejection of trumpism is offically a dead narrative.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Texas 2/9 red...
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Market & SITG > Pollsters and Pundits

Comment

538 had Florida 69 : 31
            Yes, yes Biden didn’t *need* it and Trump did; but nonetheless it’s a first upset. A first set of actual results in a swing state that confound polling

Most significantly for me, Trump has done this on a higher turnout in Florida compared to 2016.

So yeah, it’s mildly worrying. Biden has a range of outcomes and his landslides are now off the table imo .

Ah yeah. Fuck Florida. Cesspool. Was always a long shot, its half greedy oul cunts who don't every want to be taxed and half hicks. And the NLU guys.

As it stands though, Biden is where he expected to be I'd say.

Ohio, Penn and NC are the ones to watch now.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Didnt make it till 2

Best of luck lads

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Yeah the blue wave and american grand rejection of trumpism is offically a dead narrative.
                I'm watching a different show

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Ah yeah. Fuck Florida. Cesspool. Was always a long shot, its half greedy oul cunts who don't every want to be taxed and half hicks. And the NLU guys.

As it stands though, Biden is where he expected to be I'd say.

Ohio, Penn and NC are the ones to watch now.
                  I think NC is Trump’s, signs for Ohio are good but it’s still close to a coinflip.

Comment

Why is there not more confidence in Ohio, he's romping at the moment?

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      Market & SITG > Pollsters and Pundits
                      The market and the skin in the game people still had Biden a ~1/2 fav.
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

It's so misleading the way they're reporting on CNN with the early Decomcrat votes coming in first. Don't get carried away with the early blueness.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58

I was just trying to make a play on a Neil young song based on a snippet I heard of how it’s going on sky news filtered through my brain on a bottle of wine
                          please don’t invest money based on my posts
                          Carry on.

Agree about West Wing too though. Load of shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            A lot of early votes

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              It’s the early voting weighting that’s making it look better, it’s going to be close

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

It was always going to deviate from 1.5 when Florida came in though. Currently sits at circa 1.75 so implied probability goes from 66% to 57%, hardly a seismic shift in light of losing a big state.

Comment

Yeah, Ohio is tightening now.

Comment

Comment

Ohio promising.

Comment

If PA falls Trump has it. NC gone for Biden. Ohio moving to Trump.
                                            Bed time.
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

It was always going to deviate from 1.5 when Florida came in though. Currently sits at circa 1.75 so implied probability goes from 66% to 57%, hardly a seismic shift in light of losing a big state.
                                              538 model with results baked in moves Trump to 33% with Florida. He would have been on <1% had he lost it.

I suppose we’re all saying the same thing really. Florida doesn’t decide anything in of itself. But you can’t ignore actual results that confound expectations, even in a famously idiosyncratic state from an electoral perspective.

I am reminded that Florida broke well for Republicans in 2018 before the rest of the map came through Dem leaning as predicted.
                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                If PA falls Trump has it. NC gone for Biden. Ohio moving to Trump.
                                                Bed time.
                                                Yep, Trump 4/9 for Ohio, I don’t know if he’s that short but it will come down to the wire.

Comment

Trump just went Fav on BF

Comment

Trump just went fav on exc

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I'm watching a different show
                                                      I still think he's gonna win, but the landslide narrative is gone.
                                                      No swing states have swung so far
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Trump gone fav for Pres on PP

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            Fuck. 50:50 shot is the best estimate now. FUCK!
                                                            it's Brexit all over again
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yougov and economist were saying 96%? There's far too much epistemic uncertainty to be putting up those kinds of numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

it's Brexit all over again
                                                                Could Virginia break his way

Comment

Comment

Comment

Based my alcohol purchase on a 2.30 bedtime based on a Biden landslide non event of a night . FFS

Comment

Biden 6/5....lumpage ? ?
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

PP calling Pennsylvania close to a coinflip now

Biden 2/1 now

Comment

...

Comment

trump fave

Comment

...

Comment

I was supposed to be going to bed by now happy that the world was a better place. Hopefully I wake up to that. Goodnight to you all. x

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                      Biden 6/5....lumpage ? ?
                                                                                      You can get 2/1 on the machine

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                        Nate says:

so ehhh we're all cheering Ohio now.
                                                                                        Yep, it's all about Ohio.

Comment

Comment

This normally the part where we hear the "managed to lay a bit off spiel"

presumed the polls had factored in the huge huge huge amount of full on bullshit artists who would claim to not vote Trump but alas.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

You can get 2/1 on the machine
                                                                                              I am a tad drunk, and being a value hound...i considerwd the 13/5....yeah, 13/5 now...hell, worth a ton, seriously considered a grand.

100 @17/10
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

I have dumped the loot on Biden at 3,15. To me it looks like there are a few flips he can win that make it near impossible fir trump . But what would I know.
                                                                                                sigpic
                                                                                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

It's funny that the disconnect between polling/commentary and odds has continued post-election. Nobody listening to CNN would have a clue that Trump has gone from a 2/1 dog to a 2/1 fav in the past hour

Comment

Trump 3/10 on PP

Comment

Easy singles and crackers time !
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        Yougov and economist were saying 96%? There's far too much epistemic uncertainty to be putting up those kinds of numbers.
                                                                                                        I don’t disagree with this. Models and polls with egg on their face now, even if Biden pulls this out imo. There is a significant disconnect with political predictions and what people are doing at the polls.

Comment

CNN seems a little too optimistic

Some sweat

Comment

Looks to me like Trump is going to win Ohio, NC and Texas. Florida and Georgia gone. So he now needs Arizona, Penn, Wisconsin and Michigan.

Comment

...

Comment

Arizona probably a stretch with Latinos not playing ball

Comment

Fucking hell, no matter what the result. US is turbo fucked

Comment

...

Comment

Looks to me like Trump is going to win Ohio, NC and Texas. Florida and Georgia gone. So he now needs Arizona, Penn, Wisconsin and Michigan.
                                                                                                                      Ohio is gone.

80% of estimated early votes are in and only 2/3 of votes have been counted thus far.

A smaller proportion of outstanding votes to counted will be made of early votes so Ohio effectively gone.

Comment

Very hard to follow but taking a stab at 2.95 Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Ohio is gone.

80% of estimated early votes are in and only 2/3 of votes have been counted thus far.

A smaller proportion of outstanding votes to counted will be made of early votes so Ohio effectively gone.
                                                                                                                          what were we saying about pollsters?

mad stuff, truly mad.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X