This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Ah, i did wonder why you were always posting such confident "insights" into my mental processes over the last while, didn't realise you were lumping me in with people from boards.
    I’m not limping you in with anyone. I don’t know way you support Trump, I’m trying to be open minded as to why you might. That’s all.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      https://villagemagazineireland2020.m...d-efdd1f14cfcb

Statement due later apparently. I just want to see him deny it.
      All the Shinnerbots will need to keep themselves well hydrated for the next few days

source.gif
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

All the Shinnerbots will need to keep themselves well hydrated for the next few days

source.gif
        Pot, kettle, etc
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

If this is credible then Johnson is going to come under pressure for refusing the two week circuit breaker lockdown sage asked for. Also the save the economy by letting the weak die crowd are growing stronger inside the Tories recently
          ElpnF8AXUAAkulL?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

If this is credible then Johnson is going to come under pressure for refusing the two week circuit breaker lockdown sage asked for. Also the save the economy by letting the weak die crowd are growing stronger inside the Tories recently
            ElpnF8AXUAAkulL?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
            It looks like we're heading for lockdown as early as next week

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

It looks like we're heading for lockdown as early as next week
              The BoJo presser has been moved back to 5pm.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Four screens not enough today! Racing Rugby, Cycling and GAA

​​​​​​​Cavan Monaghan going into extra time after a massive comeback for Cavan

Comment

If you can keep it under cover, im sure you will get lots of use out it, for that money its not going to take too many winters outside i would say.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

https://villagemagazineireland2020.m...d-efdd1f14cfcb

Statement due later apparently. I just want to see him deny it.
                    Most of that is circumstantial but he’s fucked. Can’t see him being able to spin this away at all.

One thing that I did find curious was they wrote “To explain to Bowes how he got this confidential document, Ó Tuathail, in his multimedia message, wrote, “To be fair. Leo always delivers.” The black marker scrawled on the document was in Leo Varadkar’s handwriting. It was Leo Varadkar who asked Ó Tuathail what his home address was. It was Leo Varadkar who leaked this document to him.”

which seems to imply they have a screenshot of this or have seen the message? Why didn’t they post that?

Its all very damning but that’s a very damning piece to me.

Surely he’s gone.

Wonder who the next Taoiseach will be.
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Still the best Wicklow Sean Connery movie

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Most of that is circumstantial but he’s fucked. Can’t see him being able to spin this away at all.

One thing that I did find curious was they wrote “To explain to Bowes how he got this confidential document, Ó Tuathail, in his multimedia message, wrote, “To be fair. Leo always delivers.” The black marker scrawled on the document was in Leo Varadkar’s handwriting. It was Leo Varadkar who asked Ó Tuathail what his home address was. It was Leo Varadkar who leaked this document to him.”

which seems to imply they have a screenshot of this or have seen the message? Why didn’t they post that?

Its all very damning but that’s a very damning piece to me.

Surely he’s gone.

Wonder who the next Taoiseach will be.
                        Apparently it was effectively public information on April 6th and he provided the full details albeit by informal channels between April 11th-16th.

It doesn't look good but it appears nothing unlawful: https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/202...-leo-varadkar/

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Apparently it was effectively public information on April 6th and he provided the full details albeit by informal channels between April 11th-16th.

It doesn't look good but it appears nothing unlawful: https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/202...-leo-varadkar/
                          Yup. I see that now and he explained as much in his statement.

With that in mind it doesn’t seem to be terribly scandalous.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Stephen Donnelly in the Dáil on April 16th...

It is good to get the detail but I find this exercise very frustrating. The outline of the deal was agreed about two weeks ago. The GPs have not seen it, the public have not seen it, and we have not seen it. We are being given pages of facts and figures now. We have not seen them before. I have asked the Department for them and I have asked the HSE. We have been denied access to any of the detail. We are sort of expected to stand up here now and respond.
                            General Practitioner Contractual Reform: Statements Dáil Éireann debate - Tuesday, 16 Apr 2019
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates...2019-04-16/32/
                              Yeah I just saw that on boards now too.

I think the crux is that the details of the agreement did not give Leo's mate any edge because an agreement had been reached by the time he received the document.

He should not have shared it before it had been widely disseminated but it's hardly criminal in any respect given the agreement was made.

Comment

Yeah I just saw that on boards now too.

I think the crux is that the details of the agreement did not give Leo's mate any edge because an agreement had been reached by the time he received the document.

He should not have shared it before it had been widely disseminated but it's hardly criminal in any respect given the agreement was made.
                                If someone where I work was seen to be leaking documents marked "Confidential: Not for Circulation", to vested interests, there would be very serious ramifications.

At the very least, Leo's reputation will take some long term damage because of this.
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

There should be arrests, that article is a crime against journalism

Interesting that the Shinnerbot that wrote it was too ashamed to put their name to it!
                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-10-20, 16:41.

Comment

If someone where I work was seen to be leaking documents marked "Confidential: Not for Circulation", to vested interests, there would be very serious ramifications.

At the very least, Leo's reputation will take some long term damage because of this.
                                    I understand that but I think there's a difference when those vested interests can gain an edge with that information.

If Leo shared that document with his mate who has vested interest or he shared it with me, it's effectively the same thing because neither of us can now influence any outcome.

If he shared it prior to an agreement being reached then that's a different thing and very much reprehensible.

The article is poor because it insinuates the latter.

I think youre right though, it looks bad for his position long term. Handy being a GP as a back up.

Comment

I had reservations but the kind of journalism that is well enough put together that it garners a definitive response from the elected should always be applauded.

Regardless of the motivations.

That’s how we hold people accountable. Make them make unambiguous and definitive statements around things that seem or are sketchy.

If he leaked confidential info to a buddy which gave his buddy an edge. He has to go.

If he passed on public information to a buddy then it’s not a big deal.

You can argue about the appropriateness of our Taoiseach being so buddy buddy with a person who seems to be going against government policy but unfortunately we can’t choose people’s friends.

The article does read like a vehicle to get the comment about Leo hating refugees front and center. The whole direct provision branch seemed crowbarred in.

Comment

Ye can be forgiven for not knowing this in advance since the only person who seems to think it is the case is Leo and whoever writes his press releases.

Comment

This bullshit of taunting the opposition after winning a big decision in rugby has to be eradicated.
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            This bullshit of taunting the opposition after winning a big decision in rugby has to be eradicated.
                                            If England get three tries in the second half Ireland would need a BP win in Paris, right? France still in with a shout?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

If England get three tries in the second half Ireland would need a BP win in Paris, right? France still in with a shout?
                                              If England get the bonus point, no more chance for France

Comment

Whatever about the confusion with the pitch markings, it's surely not the ref's job to jump into the middle to the play to explain to the guy with the ball that he's not over the try line?

Comment

Ye can be forgiven for not knowing this in advance since the only person who seems to think it is the case is Leo and whoever writes his press releases.
                                                  I can't recall anything about it at the time and I'm not defending him, it looks pretty bad but seems to have been made public albeit with sparse details

Originally posted by IT View Post
                                                  On 3 April 2019 The Irish Times reported that the Government was close to finalising a €200 million agreement with family doctors

Two days later on April 5 the IMO issued a statement that it had reached a €210million deal with the Government for GP services.

It said the agreement would see “the long-sought reversal of the controversial FEMPI cuts of €120 million (plus €10 million in pension contributions) imposed on General Practice at the height of the financial crisis as well as an additional fund of €80 million has been secured for the management of GMS Patients with Chronic Disease in the community.

The following day on April 6 the then-Taoiseach Leo Varadkar formally announced the agreement at an event in a general practice clinic in Cabra in Dublin at which he said it would lead to the phased introduction of free GP care for children up to age 12.

The document agreed between the Government and the IMO was not published at the time, rather just the main points.

Comment

Comment

I can't recall anything about it at the time and I'm not defending him, it looks pretty bad but seems to have been made public albeit with sparse details
                                                      There was a 1000 word press release giving a (very) broad strokes account of a 110 page agreement which wasn't eventually published until a month later.

As is fairly clear from the 'unofficial' sharing method, the reaction of the recipients and the Dail statement by Donnelly it's fairly clear that nobody thought the press release was worth a whole lot compared to the 110-page document right? 'Where did you steal that' would be a weird reaction to seeing a document that you consider to be public domain.

I mean this is the very definition of 'spin' surely.

Comment

Gary Linekar with a very clever tweet given the latest BBC policy on "politics".

Comment

Nothing illegal it seems. But most certainly damaging. MM using the words "not best practice" and "inappropriate". A lot of the people who will trenchantly defend him here because of the FG jersey would fire him in their normal course of business if he worked for / reported to them.

Comment

There was a 1000 word press release giving a (very) broad strokes account of a 110 page agreement which wasn't eventually published until a month later.

As is fairly clear from the 'unofficial' sharing method, the reaction of the recipients and the Dail statement by Donnelly it's fairly clear that nobody thought the press release was worth a whole lot compared to the 110-page document right? 'Where did you steal that' would be a weird reaction to seeing a document that you consider to be public domain.

I mean this is the very definition of 'spin' surely.
                                                            I don't disagree with that whatsoever but the facts of the matter is that the agreement was in place prior to him sharing the document.

Sharing the document doesn't give the effective "competition" an advantage. I don't disagree that he was wrong but the accusation in the article that his actions were potentially criminal appear to be nothing more than drivel.

His sharing of the document didn't break "Official Secrets Acts, 1963", "Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Act 2018" or even the Code of Conduct which is what was suggested.

It undoubtedly smells of cronyism but the tangible impact appears negligible on anyone/anything other than his reputation.

Comment

Nothing illegal it seems. But most certainly damaging. MM using the words "not best practice" and "inappropriate". A lot of the people who will trenchantly defend him here because of the FG jersey would fire him in their normal course of business if he worked for / reported to them.
                                                              Pot, Kettle, etc.

Comment

I don't disagree with that whatsoever but the facts of the matter is that the agreement was in place prior to him sharing the document.

Sharing the document doesn't give the effective "competition" an advantage. I don't disagree that he was wrong but the accusation in the article that his actions were potentially criminal appear to be nothing more than drivel.

His sharing of the document didn't break "Official Secrets Acts, 1963", "Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Act 2018" or even the Code of Conduct which is what was suggested.

It undoubtedly smells of cronyism but the tangible impact appears negligible on anyone/anything other than his reputation.
                                                                Yeah look I obviously have no opinion on the implications under the Official Secrets Act - I'm just saying the idea that there's nothing to see here because the agreement was public domain is plainly reverse engineering bullshit. If the agreement was public domain he wouldn't secretly courier a document with confidential written on the front cover to a buddy whose cronies immediately discuss secrecy about it and how to make political capital out of the fact that they have eyes on it that they're not supposed to.

It's totally possible he didn't break the law and the magazine have overegged it, but let's at least all agree that this is shitehawk carry on that he is trying to weasel out of with this 'public domain' baloney. You don't have to think this is particularly terrible to think that part of it is just sleeveeny and insulting to peoples' intelligence.
                                                                Last edited by Keane; 31-10-20, 19:15.

Comment

Seems like a nothing burger tbf.

Although I see a SF Senator did resign today over malfeasance.
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

He gave a Government document marked “Confidential/not for circulation” to a buddy who has no connection whatsoever to Government. That's not in dispute either. It's the kind of thing you used to hate about FF!

I think we're past "nothing burger"! Like the SF Senator, he probably should resign.

Comment

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates...2019-04-16/32/
                                                                        How did Donnelly not see that for 2 weeks is probably a bigger question.

half that article was an obvious attempt to undermine the current govt by pointing out that Leo is undermining Martin and Donnelly.

Neither of those men need much help undermining themselves but a lot of help making a descision and sticking to it.

frankly if Leo wasn’t pushing their buttons I would be more concerned.

Comment

He gave a Government document marked “Confidential/not for circulation” to a buddy who has no connection whatsoever to Government. That's not in dispute either. It's the kind of thing you used to hate about FF!

I think we're past "nothing burger"! Like the SF Senator, he probably should resign.
                                                                          Good LOL @ your snide politics as jersey wearing schtick and then going on about it. If its a crime leave it to the Guards to deal with , if its defamation leave it to the courts.

You could tolerate wearing his Jersey if he had once ordered his gang of protection racket running thugs to drag a young widow out of her home in front of her children and be executed for no better reason than to exercise his authority. GTFO

Comment

Good LOL @ your snide politics as jersey wearing schtick and then going on about it. If its a crime leave it to the Guards to deal with , if its defamation leave it to the courts.

You could tolerate wearing his Jersey if he had once ordered his gang of protection racket running thugs to drag a young widow out of her home in front of her children and be executed for no better reason than to exercise his authority. GTFO

Comment

This is not a great look.

Comment

I'm only talking about the Jersey wearing shite.

If Leo broke the law then he will answer to the law and he will be very badly damaged. If he's been defamed by anon shinnerbot then the courts will have their say about that.

I neither know nor care, the article was too badly written and innuendo packed for me to make sense of or understand but it does very much affect me and am relieved that there is a new GP contract.
                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-10-20, 20:24.

Comment

It might be neither a crime nor defamation. It's just scumbaggery. I thought FG were supposed to be the antidote to that sort of thing but I guess not. He was doing his buddy a favour. Leo might not have benefitted from it directly, but it looks like his mate did. At the very least this is the kind of thing that exhausts your political capital and caps your career.

Anyway, the radio should be a good gas tomorrow morning.

Comment

FFS

We need to see a lot more LOL France and a lot less of Ah feck I knew 40/1 about them winning the tournament was valoo but couldn't bring myself to take it

Comment

Some of the theories that are floating around about what Trump might do post-election if he doesn’t win:

I never really thought what might happen if he loses and leaves the office, what will he get up to then? He’s not going to simply write a memoir and sail off into the sunset

Interesting suggestions include:

1. Selling secrets to foreign governments

2. Starting a new TV show which is apparently already in the works

3. Lifetime Republican megaphone using his 80m+ Twitter account to drum up support for others

I naively thought that the show would just stop if he lost and left office but not sure that will actually happen.
                                                                                      My first 2021 celebrity death pool choice is Mr. Donald Trump.
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

My first 2021 celebrity death pool choice is Mr. Donald Trump.
                                                                                        That was my reaction to that as well

Comment

FFS

We need to see a lot more LOL France and a lot less of Ah feck I knew 40/1 about them winning the tournament was valoo but couldn't bring myself to take it
                                                                                          France need a miracle to win the tournament. They need to win with 4 tries and a 31+ winning margin. They may well win but I don’t see that happening.

Ireland playing well but FFS Stockdale. I know we need to be patient with him at full back but shitting the bed when the ball is on the ground ain’t a good look.

Delighted with our scrum to be delivering parity. I Thought we were going to get fucking drilled there. Missing Ringrose from a creativity perspective I feel but I’d have taken this earlier today. Can they lift it in the 2nd half? Fingers crossed.
                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

What a try!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                              Ireland playing well but FFS Stockdale.

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1678385&d=1604179464&type=thumb WINNER WINNER.
                                                                                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

...

Comment

Mary Lou Mcd age 11

The youngster is seen dressed in a red suit with a black top, topped off with a necklace and earnings

Comment

Too many mistakes.

Comment

They are lacking something on the big days to miss those lineouts was pathetic.

Comment

...

Comment

Sigh

Comment

Bottlers.

A consistent theme with the international Rugby team.

Comment

It's an ageing team that hasn't won a game of consequence in two years. The right approach would be to move on from a bunch of lads hanging on for a Lions send off that aren't making 2023. Not that I expect us to do that, unfortunately. Hammered in the end. No complaints.

Comment

It's an ageing team that hasn't won a game of consequence in two years. The right approach would be to move on from a bunch of lads hanging on for a Lions send off that aren't making 2023. Not that I expect us to do that, unfortunately. Hammered in the end. No complaints.
                                                                                                                    Always an excuse when they should have won.

Which is what makes the World Cup hype, every time, all the more laughable.

Comment

How good are Dupont & Ntamack?

We shit the bed in the 22 about 6 times today. Certainly had enough opportunities to win the championship.

Comment

Always an excuse when they should have won.

Which is what makes the World Cup hype, every time, all the more laughable.
                                                                                                                        Well look, the world cup campaign was an absolute embarrassment. There's a failed core group of players there that never won a knockout game in the WC. France cleaned house, had an average age of under 25 tonight and look to have the brighter future. But the Vodafone Greens need a Six Nations to sustain the gravy train so I'm sure we'll try the same thing again in a few months.

Comment

France favs for 2021 6 nations?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X