This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
    I haven't checked stacks but how short is Vousden?

His SN is European. Pretty sure he's one of the biggest ever winners online.

40/1 shot, I'm guessing he's short
    Got a few quid on too. Into 16s now.

English lad Marchington interesting profile, first live cash last year and made ME FT at WSOP

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
      Quiz

1/ Brothers in arms a bit rough at the border.

2/ JC thought there was clearly something amiss with this bird.

3/ Luxembourg, Wales and York have one, ours is a bit of a shit.

4/ Neil Diamond was constantly in them but not this posh brand.

5/ So close to the hole he wanted a rest.

7/ Two thirds of the clan watched Gerry Hamilton score.

8/ Never saw Dev or Fitzmaurice on this two wheeled machine.

9/ Being illegitimate Dufresne had let himself go.

10/ Obviously the premier hornblower.
      Piss poor effort all round . Number 8 is EamonHonda to get ye started.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
        With <100 hands left and up over $15k you think he would play and risk $300k swing?

Yes I do.

Comment

Wow the last 10 minutes of this has been amazing. Tense stuff.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
            Andrea Bocelli live from Milan on YouTube at the mo.
            Amazing Grace at the end. Big heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
              Amazing finish really.
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Close to over now, Venividi near folding out ftw.

Comment

Heres 2 anyway
                  9. AndyFatbastard
                  10. Horatio

Comment

top threads and stats at top have disappeared both on phone and laptop and can't seem to add them back on. anyone else? any ideas how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      top threads and stats at top have disappeared both on phone and laptop and can't seem to add them back on. anyone else? any ideas how to fix it?
                      Not sure I've ever looked at either in 10 years!

Comment

SPOILER
                        3.Raul Duke III
                        4. ARmani Jean's

Comment

SPOILER
                          2. Dead Parrot

Comment

Same for me. No idea how to get them back though.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                              Not sure I've ever looked at either in 10 years!
                              sorry not top threads, just the latest updated threads, but they've all gone. don't look at the stats either tbh

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                Andrea Bocelli live from Milan on YouTube at the mo.
                                Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                Amazing Grace at the end. Big heart.

Opr
                                Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                Amazing finish really.
                                Fair play Andrea.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Anticlimatic end.

Comment

I took this to mean Dom temp removed it.

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                    I haven't been getting any errors at all the last few days, but I know plenty of you have. My current main suspect is the top starts thing that shows latest posts, so if people are still getting errors let me know please, and at least I've ruled that out. If that does stop most of the errors I'll see about trying to fix or replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                                      Assume that's me you're talking about!
                                      Puketastic. Very unlucky
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Terrible beat from Tomas Glynn 900k AK v AQ aipf and the russian flops a Q.

Comment

I pay attention to you Don.

Comment

Sam out in 43rd. didn't see the hand though

Comment

Sam out in 43rd. didn't see the hand though
                                              88 v KQ blind on blind

Comment

I'm too hungover to get that I think, but nice to be involved
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Tomas had already ran QQ into KK

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                    Terrible beat from Tomas Glynn 900k AK v AQ aipf and the russian flops a Q.
                                                    Standard

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                      SPOILER
                                                      2. Dead Parrot

SPOILER
                                                      1. Comrade Collie

Comment

Quiz

1/ Brothers in arms a bit rough at the border.

2/ JC thought there was clearly something amiss with this bird.

3/ Luxembourg, Wales and York have one, ours is a bit of a shit.

4/ Neil Diamond was constantly in them but not this posh brand.

5/ So close to the hole he wanted a rest.

7/ Two thirds of the clan watched Gerry Hamilton score.

8/ Never saw Dev or Fitzmaurice on this two wheeled machine.

9/ Being illegitimate Dufresne had let himself go.

10/ Obviously the premier hornblower.

Comment

Anticlimatic end.
                                                          I take that back!...still a chance.

Comment

I take that back!...still a chance.
                                                            Jesus Veni requested a 30-minute break, lol. Off to run some sims

Opr

Comment

Made my little one a fried egg this evening and it got me thinking.

I might have over egged the assertion that there is only one way to fry an egg.

I apologise for that. In particular to MrsF and Joe.

I've realised that there are multiple ways to fry an egg.

My way and countless wrong ways.

Comment

Jesus Veni requested a 30 minute break, lol

Opr
                                                                Feck sake! In a world without sport, it's a nice injection of excitement.

Comment

Who would have thought you could make online poker without holes cards actually exciting for a spectator but this has been incredible entertainment. The small ball stuff was fascinating as you understand Veni's reasons but you have to think Phil may have an edge in that kind of play.

Opr

Comment

Just watched the final round from 86 Masters. What a last 9 holes. Seve, Norman and Nicklaus in the mix. Really cool to watch and it's so noticeable that you only see a few of them wearing hats. No real sponsorship I'm guessing back then.

Also they were purring when Seve pinged one 300 down the 15th. Mad that with modern equipment now they'd do with a 3 wood
                                                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Who would have thought you could make online poker without holes cards actually exciting for a spectator but this has been incredible entertainment. The small ball stuff was fascinating as you understand Veni's reasons but you have to think Phil may have an edge in that kind of play.

Opr
                                                                      Surely a player that good isn't just going to make the mistake of getting too timid too early, but he's ground him back 22k down to 7k off the back of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                        Just watched the final round from 86 Masters. What a last 9 holes. Seve, Norman and Nicklaus in the mix. Really cool to watch and it's so noticeable that you only see a few of them wearing hats. No real sponsorship I'm guessing back then.

Also they were purring when Seve pinged one 300 down the 15th. Mad that with modern equipment now they'd do with a 3 wood
                                                                        They should bring back the persimmon driver, that would bring the bunch together.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post

...Final group back 9 on the Sunday of the Masters would probably be happening right now

Comment

I have had premonitions 4 times in my life.

1. I dreamt I'd end up heads up with Lee Egan in the Fitz festival, I had never met the man nor had any dealings with him. We ended up 3 handed, Lee was there and we were first and second in chips. We did a three way deal and I felt anxious and frazzled so just dumped the chips but think if wed played out prob would have went that way.

2. My ex gf looking over her shoulder in a white wedding dress with some handsome dude. Subsequent stalking and was done and its the guy from my dream who I have never met.

3. I dreamt of a number 44,400 before Winnamax. We do a deal so I get more, but I go out in 4th. The number pre deal, was exactly 44,400 for 4th.

4. I went for a swim in the sea today. When I got out it came into my head MY iRISH OPEN was going to be defined by two 8s. I swear on my daughters life. I knew I would have to call, had no idea how it would run out but it was going to be the defining hand of my tourny. Small blind shoves I have 15.5 bb in bb and have to call.

My hand 88.

GG Irish Open 2020

I don't know what this means and trying to just sit with it, and just be like ok that an experience without speculating why, but that is hard.
                                                                            Last edited by Closed_Account; 12-04-20, 19:50.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                              They should bring back the persimmon driver, that would bring the bunch together.
                                                                              Had to Google persimmon I would love to have a game with clubs from the old period and see how hard it was and how long it goes.

Gone down the rabbit hole with regards golf instruction videos and golf videos in general even before Corona. Jesus I can't wait to get back on the course
                                                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

This is fucking incredible.

Comment

This is fucking incredible.
                                                                                  Would you question the legitimacy of it at all? The hero back from the dead on Easter Sunday! I know Galfond is married to an ex-soap star. The storyline has something of a soap feeling to it. The whole exercise is an advertisement for his site so it's in their interest to have as many people watching as possible.

Comment

Yea that's an obvious angle but Galfond always struck me as having so much integrity that I couldn't believe it's a scam.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                                                                                      Would you question the legitimacy of it at all? The hero back from the dead on Easter Sunday! I know Galfond is married to an ex-soap star. The storyline has something of a soap feeling to it. The whole exercise is an advertisement for his site so it's in their interest to have as many people watching as possible.
                                                                                      Yea that's an obvious angle but Galfond always struck me as having so much integrity that I couldn't believe it's a scam.
                                                                                      yeah this... maybe its the best bluff but I have to say Galfond struck me as a straight up person and I think losing this persona would cost him an awful lot... more than the site would make him

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                        Boris discharged from hospital.
                                                                                        A little on the nose released on Easter isn't it?
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Galfond challenge is 100% a fix, the whole story of this challenge, the drama, against an opponent that nobody knows, like actually nobody knows who it is. Those hands where he went behind a million and then recovered it will be dissected by the internet soon and it will become obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                            Galfond challenge is 100% a fix, the whole story of this challenge, the drama, against an opponent that nobody knows, like actually nobody knows who it is. Those hands where he went behind a million and then recovered it will be dissected by the internet soon and it will become obvious.
                                                                                            Loads of people in the poker world have said they know who he is? Chance Kornuth said during the stream yesterday that he has talked to him during the challenge. It would have to be a cover-up involving the whole high stakes community. I think it is common enough knowledge at this point in the high stakes poker community. Joey said he will do an interview at some point after the challenge.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                              Prob sequenced the virus too, so it was the only thing to watch

Comment

Well, he did it either way!

Comment

LFGPG

Today the most fun I've had watching poker in donkey's years.

Comment

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      LFGPG

Today the most fun I've had watching poker in donkey's years.
                                                                                                      That was pretty exciting and ballsy. Would really love to see the hole cards for the last 100 hands or so. The guys must have been running so many sims in their head.

Comment

Click here for the fright of your life time - Thanks Eddie Hobbs

Comment

Wouldn't give that clown the click tbh.

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Wouldn't give that clown the click tbh.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                              Oh just the absolute worst.
                                                                                                              I haven't followed him or read anything of his for a lifetime cant remember why...cliff why he is nut worst?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                I’ve read arguments regarding speed reductions being somewhat analogous to alcohol limits but that argument feels flawed to me. Increasing speed like greater alcohol consumption increases the probability of accidents but increases in speed are controlled by road quality, car safety standards and driving tests. Objective standards exist where with increased alcohol they don’t.

Hard to say that the impact of x units of alcohol no matter how limited(say 1 unit) will lead to the same effect among all. I think there are too many qualitative and quantitative factors to consider before you can get close to a point where the benefits can conclusively outweigh the costs.

The government hasn’t done enough for those in rural areas who are isolated as a result of changes. Perhaps something that may arise from our current situation is a greater appreciation for the well being of our elderly population. People with elderly family not previously isolated may see the need to support those who are regularly isolated.

For me, I’d simply find it hard to support anything other than zero tolerance on alcohol consumption and driving.
                                                                                                                On that last bit, if I went to communion at mass and had the wine should I be banned? Should I be banned for using listerine as a mouthwash, that’s where zero tolerance gets you. I’m not sure zero tolerance is necessarily right here, I don’t think two bottles of beer for instance is worse than a doctor driving home after a 36-hour shift etc. there’s an acceptable level of risk I think that should be allowable. I’m basing this all entirely on social theory rather than science so if you can tell me two bottles means 500yards of braking at 30mph then I’ll agree, but I really don’t sense it’s that big.

I’ve seen first hand what the positive side of that social setting can bring for older rural bachelors, a decade ago my family owned a pub, no skin in the game now, but it did make me both abhor bad drink drivers and also appreciate why certain people need to get to the town too.

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                Small blind shoves I have 15.5 bb in bb and have to call.

My hand 88.

GG Irish Open 2020

I don't know what this means and trying to just sit with it, and just be like ok that an experience without speculating why, but that is hard.
                                                                                                                I’m out of the poker scene a while but is 88 that obvious a call with 15.5BB?

Comment

snap call

Comment

Fintan tilting the fuck outta me with his constant Pablo "Britto" Silva... every time

Comment

Can’t wait to see what KPMG sanctioned scams come out in the wash now that the tides gone out.
                                                                                                                      No bailouts for financial sector wasters please, they can get a round of applause at 8PM like the hero’s they are

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                        On that last bit, if I went to communion at mass and had the wine should I be banned? Should I be banned for using listerine as a mouthwash, that’s where zero tolerance gets you. I’m not sure zero tolerance is necessarily right here, I don’t think two bottles of beer for instance is worse than a doctor driving home after a 36-hour shift etc. there’s an acceptable level of risk I think that should be allowable. I’m basing this all entirely on social theory rather than science so if you can tell me two bottles means 500yards of braking at 30mph then I’ll agree, but I really don’t sense it’s that big.

I’ve seen first hand what the positive side of that social setting can bring for older rural bachelors, a decade ago my family owned a pub, no skin in the game now, but it did make me both abhor bad drink drivers and also appreciate why certain people need to get to the town too.

I’m out of the poker scene a while but is 88 that obvious a call with 15.5BB?
                                                                                                                        I remember Shane Ross being on Pat Kenny when Ross was bringing in the new 'zero tolerance' measures to reduce the mg/l limit and Kenny asking him repeatedly for the stats on number of crashes involving drivers between the old limit and the new limit and Ross refusing to answer. He obviously didn't know the answer and I doubt he cared. As someone who wouldn't get behind the wheel after a strong tiramisu it remains the only time in my life where I thought Danny Healy Rae might have had a point.

Like if they did a study that showed the average 60+ driver's reactions on 6 hours sleep were worse than the average 40 year old's after a pint should we ban the 60 year olds who aren't getting 8 hours?
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Keane; 13-04-20, 00:34.

Comment

Holy fuck this snow here is depressing. I've never more felt an urge to get the hell outta Alberta.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X