Banner Ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Would love to go on some sort of an skite all the same

    Last weekend I came home to a surprise take away from our local fancy restaurant two cooks in Sallins who had a Japanese chef in and were doing a sushi and ramen takeaway, was one of the best moments of the last six months! Amazing food, a few weeks ago they had an Indian chef in but I missed that and they are now taking a few weeks off. I really hope they manage to survive the crisis.
    Turning millions into thousands

    Comment


      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

      Location, location, location.

      Oh I know GPS location has a huge amount to do with it but I also believe they are listening as well.

      it's no surprise that they do this, it so commonly known. I guess it's just equally impressive as it is scary at how good they are at it.

      Comment



        https://splash247.com/russian-intell...nfrastructure/


        I'm setting the odds at under 15 minutes before Hitch pops in to defend the motherland

        Comment


          https://www.twitch.tv/videos/776770697 AOC playing among us on twitch, new ways to get the votes these days

          Comment


            Golf courses to be shut according to Irish times
            ah well at least I can look forward to thrilling Clashes like Laois v Dublin and Mayo v Leitrim to keep the spirits up
            “PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019

            Comment


              Rang PP number which directed me to their messaging service if I download app(no thanks)

              Rang corporate HO and snafu with my phone not recognising number

              Had to have a lie down after all that!

              This betting lark used to be a lot easier

              5- hit me
              9- hit me
              11- hit me
              14- hit me
              16- hit me
              21- yeeees

              Blackjack

              Bastard

              Comment


                Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                https://splash247.com/russian-intell...nfrastructure/


                I'm setting the odds at under 15 minutes before Hitch pops in to defend the motherland
                He'll be in the garage with a do not disturb sign on the door

                Comment


                  Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                  Comment


                    Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                    Comment


                      Wouldnt be standing around looking at that guy.
                      Serious meltdown and smashing bottles...move quickly away.

                      Edit
                      Did I split my infinitive there!
                      Last edited by dinekes; 21-10-20, 16:26.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                        https://www.twitch.tv/videos/776770697 AOC playing among us on twitch, new ways to get the votes these days
                        Clearly canvassing for 2028 when all the Gamers come of age

                        Comment


                          I feel like an argument for/against golf or even something about the GAA as an elite sport is something Hitch could really have a bit of fun with on Twitter.

                          Comment


                            A+ pollster has Biden 3 points up in Iowa.

                            Feed me that juicy polling goodness, nyom nyom nyom....
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                            Comment


                              Jesus christ.

                              Just when you think the bizarro can't get any more bizarre. Need the footage obvs but I'd say good chance this completely overshadows the debate Thursday.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                Golf courses to be shut according to Irish times
                                ah well at least I can look forward to thrilling Clashes like Laois v Dublin and Mayo v Leitrim to keep the spirits up
                                Don't worry, absolutely huge weekend of rugby available this weekend. Some entertainment to be had.

                                Comment


                                  Christmas Eve vibe in the City Centre . Where have you all been ?

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Emmet View Post

                                    Don't worry, absolutely huge weekend of rugby available this weekend. Some entertainment to be had.
                                    I’d rather do a full weekend of family zoom quizzes
                                    “PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019

                                    Comment


                                      My family seemed to collectively take the opportunity of my getting off early today to melt down :smile: Daughter wired to the moon, wife did something to her ankle and couch bound and FIL scalding the mouth off himself eating dinner.... Didja ever wonder what those reports where neighbours say "he was a lovely quiet fella, always pleasant" in the aftermath of craziness stem from?
                                      Beer time I feel.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                      Comment


                                        Not sure what the rules around aftertiming on behalf of someone else are, but.

                                        One of my customers was up with me on Saturday, when he left he popped into PP and stuck a €4 acca on, 8x horses.

                                        Said he was in a hurry and didn't give it much thought.

                                        Collected €14,800.

                                        Fuck me.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                          https://splash247.com/russian-intell...nfrastructure/


                                          I'm setting the odds at under 15 minutes before Hitch pops in to defend the motherland
                                          I wouldn't be so conventional as to assume the innocence of people who have been convicted of no crime, merely accused.
                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            Not sure what the rules around aftertiming on behalf of someone else are, but.

                                            One of my customers was up with me on Saturday, when he left he popped into PP and stuck a €4 acca on, 8x horses.

                                            Said he was in a hurry and didn't give it much thought.

                                            Collected €14,800.

                                            Fuck me.
                                            Those kunts are time travelers. Watch him , if he looks at you funny,. go see a doctor.

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              My family seemed to collectively take the opportunity of my getting off early today to melt down :smile: Daughter wired to the moon, wife did something to her ankle and couch bound and FIL scalding the mouth off himself eating dinner.... Didja ever wonder what those reports where neighbours say "he was a lovely quiet fella, always pleasant" in the aftermath of craziness stem from?
                                              Beer time I feel.
                                              You weren't in Tescos Drogheda earlier by any chance??

                                              Comment


                                                Yes folks, this is Rudy Giuliani.

                                                Maybe Hitch should buy him an Oculus. It would be less embarrassing.

                                                Ek4H4PbVMAAov7w?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  Yes folks, this is Rudy Giuliani.

                                                  Maybe Hitch should buy him an Oculus. It would be less embarrassing.

                                                  Ek4H4PbVMAAov7w?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

                                                  Obviously a man who is so used to getting pussy offered to him as a side-benefit of doing business in that part of the world that he doesn't even think twice about the validity of the offer.
                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post


                                                    Obviously a man who is so used to getting pussy offered to him as a side-benefit of doing business in that part of the world that he doesn't even think twice about the validity of the offer.
                                                    By 'that part of the world', you mean the NYC hotel this happened in?

                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                    Comment


                                                      Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                      Comment


                                                        Well, if we are a computer simulation the programme has developed a few glitches.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Comment


                                                            You just wont find better golf content anywhere.

                                                            Such an enjoyable watch.

                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                              You just wont find better golf content anywhere.

                                                              Such an enjoyable watch.

                                                              I got the idea of our golf trip next year from them.

                                                              Dooks, Waterville & Doonbeg(sorry Lahinch, Tralee & Ballybunion all closed). Great value if planned at the right time.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                By 'that part of the world', you mean the NYC hotel this happened in?
                                                                Did you not see his approval ratings as mayor?

                                                                Shoulda quit while on top. Not on the bed.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Looks like being some decent battles in the gloop at Navan today between Foley & Keane

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                    Did you not see his approval ratings as mayor?

                                                                    Shoulda quit while on top. Not on the bed.
                                                                    He was a hero at one stage.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                      He was a hero at one stage.
                                                                      and Michael Flynn was a four-star general at one stage. Everything Trump touches turns to shit. It's like the Midas touch in reverse.

                                                                      fUbxPzXClyY0j-Uma-SN_sSV5fGjw0BNm-RytvkW9wUFq5p460YyprLUmD7QcC9XxpGFEcbZrN143D8AcuZdgWAIgY5JpV87aOsYiAWH0tUGjg.jpg
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Similar to what I said about the golf thing. Surely as a public figure the first thing in your head in a situation like that is that it's a set-up But that's selection bias on my part, as the only time I see it is when it's a set-up. Maybe it works out differently for people like Rudy and DSK.

                                                                        Either way, it's a still that's part of the marketing of the movie. I'm just a little bit skeptical. Maybe he was just leaning back tucking in his shirt

                                                                        678694.jpg
                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 22-10-20, 07:59.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          I was tucking in my shirt one night. 9 months later it was a BOY.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                            Now comes the part where they release 15 seconds before this where he most definitely NOT tucking his shirt back in.
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                                                              Now comes the part where they release 15 seconds before this where he most definitely NOT tucking his shirt back in.
                                                                              The actress is 24....but in the movie is portrayed as being 15

                                                                              I think the leadup to this scene is basically Borat + daughter having dinner with Rudy. I wonder did her alleged age get mentioned in that preceding scene?

                                                                              That would put a whole new gloss on things..... Wonder was Rudy, like his boss, a close personal friend of Jeffrey Epstein?
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                              Comment






                                                                                lolz
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Perhaps some people in more senior roles than me involved in hiring or even Richie might help me out with something.

                                                                                  What is the long term mindset of companies with regards to working from home.

                                                                                  Has this event made it a more acceptable long term option or do companies expect people back in the office some time in late 2021 to early 2022 as normal.

                                                                                  I have some feedback from companies but not quite sure it's representative of the broader view.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                    By 'that part of the world', you mean the NYC hotel this happened in?
                                                                                    well no that's the whole premise of borat, isn't it. Its about the different way of doing business in former soviet block. giuliani does loads of business over there so is presumably swimming in gee and doesn't even think twice about it. Fairly standard to cement deals over there with the offer of hookers. My former colleague was saying that when he was running a bank that did business in Russia, every single evening drinks meeting was accompanied by hookers waiting outside his hotel room. As in they considered it rude not to offer a round of hookers on the house.
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Giuliani is a piece of work but the way this story is being reported (trying to hint that he thought she was 15) is gutter level stuff
                                                                                      “PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                        well no that's the whole premise of borat, isn't it. Its about the different way of doing business in former soviet block. giuliani does loads of business over there so is presumably swimming in gee and doesn't even think twice about it. Fairly standard to cement deals over there with the offer of hookers. My former colleague was saying that when he was running a bank that did business in Russia, every single evening drinks meeting was accompanied by hookers waiting outside his hotel room. As in they considered it rude not to offer a round of hookers on the house.
                                                                                        As opposed to offering your 15 year old daughter.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post




                                                                                          lolz
                                                                                          Lame - so 1 page near the front of the book is mostly blank (and you can’t see the top 3rd of the page ) , don’t most books have a page like that towards the front???

                                                                                          Can’t upload photo for some reason but I’ve just taken a very similar photo using the copy of champagne football I have sitting in front of me

                                                                                          why do people on Twitter do this (make up ridiculously stupid fake stuff about trump when there is a shitload of real ridiculous stuff to hammer him on?)
                                                                                          “PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

                                                                                            Lame - so 1 page near the front of the book is mostly blank (and you can’t see the top 3rd of the page ) , don’t most books have a page like that towards the front???

                                                                                            Can’t upload photo for some reason but I’ve just taken a very similar photo using the copy of champagne football I have sitting in front of me

                                                                                            why do people on Twitter do this (make up ridiculously stupid fake stuff about trump when there is a shitload of real ridiculous stuff to hammer him on?)
                                                                                            I've mentioned the same in the past.

                                                                                            The attempted one-upmanship that both sides go to for the most infantile "wins" is phenomenal.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

                                                                                              Lame - so 1 page near the front of the book is mostly blank (and you can’t see the top 3rd of the page ) , don’t most books have a page like that towards the front???

                                                                                              Can’t upload photo for some reason but I’ve just taken a very similar photo using the copy of champagne football I have sitting in front of me

                                                                                              why do people on Twitter do this (make up ridiculously stupid fake stuff about trump when there is a shitload of real ridiculous stuff to hammer him on?)

                                                                                              What's happening here in your head?

                                                                                              Do you think 'twitter' virtually crept into their reality and opened the book to an empty page and then forced them to pose for a photo with it?

                                                                                              They posed for the photo staring with apparent interest at a completely blank page, not the purient public.

                                                                                              Did you also take a photo of you staring with interest at the blank page of champagne football (a genuine question, maybe this is what you do for entertainment in that part of the country and there are contests to see who can stare at blank pages with the most interest)
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Or indeed maybe staring at blank screens is a popular iPhone app showcasing the technological abilities of the phone.
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                                                                                  He was a hero at one stage.

                                                                                                   
                                                                                                  PMA

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    If anyone's still holding off on backing Biden, he's 4/7 still with most bookies.

                                                                                                    I expect this to be long gone by the weekend (i.e. after another debate shambles by Trump).
                                                                                                    • 38 million voted already and Dems banking huge leads
                                                                                                    • covid 7 day average about to break a record
                                                                                                    • GOP campaign in the toilet
                                                                                                    Blowout incoming.
                                                                                                    4/7 gone already and generally 1/2 or shorter as reality dawns of the scale of the incoming defeat. Going to be fun watching Biden go to 1.1 over the next 12 days.

                                                                                                    6 million Americans voted yesterday.

                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post


                                                                                                      What's happening here in your head?

                                                                                                      Do you think 'twitter' virtually crept into their reality and opened the book to an empty page and then forced them to pose for a photo with it?

                                                                                                      They posed for the photo staring with apparent interest at a completely blank page, not the purient public.

                                                                                                      Did you also take a photo of you staring with interest at the blank page of champagne football (a genuine question, maybe this is what you do for entertainment in that part of the country and there are contests to see who can stare at blank pages with the most interest)
                                                                                                      As a man off the back of a 3 hour wedding shoot, I know a posed pic when I see one and those sir are action shots.

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Interesting Premier League Trivia..

                                                                                                        First red card was given to Niall Quinn in August of 1992 (Boro v Man City)

                                                                                                        First sacking went to Ian Porterfield when Chelsea let him go

                                                                                                        First all foreign starting 11.. easy one this, Romans Chelsea

                                                                                                        First player to win titles with two different clubs.. Blackburn and Utd.. Henning Berg

                                                                                                        First player to score, assist and net an own goal in a game - Kevin Davis for Bolton

                                                                                                        First injury, unbelievably with the league now 28 years old, the first player to ever take a knock is Liverpool’s Virgil Van Dijk in the Merseyside Derby during a 2-2 draw at Goodison

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Cancano.jpg

                                                                                                          The Stelvio Pass coming up shortly in the giro d'italia Eurosport 2.
                                                                                                          Going to be fireworks

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post


                                                                                                            What's happening here in your head?

                                                                                                            Do you think 'twitter' virtually crept into their reality and opened the book to an empty page and then forced them to pose for a photo with it?

                                                                                                            They posed for the photo staring with apparent interest at a completely blank page, not the purient public.

                                                                                                            Did you also take a photo of you staring with interest at the blank page of champagne football (a genuine question, maybe this is what you do for entertainment in that part of the country and there are contests to see who can stare at blank pages with the most interest)
                                                                                                            So the reporter from CBS 60 minutes was in on it ??? She is the one in the pic with the supposedly blank pages
                                                                                                            “PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                              Interesting Premier League Trivia..

                                                                                                              First red card was given to Niall Quinn in August of 1992 (Boro v Man City)

                                                                                                              First sacking went to Ian Porterfield when Chelsea let him go

                                                                                                              First all foreign starting 11.. easy one this, Romans Chelsea

                                                                                                              First player to win titles with two different clubs.. Blackburn and Utd.. Henning Berg

                                                                                                              First player to score, assist and net an own goal in a game - Kevin Davis for Bolton

                                                                                                              First injury, unbelievably with the league now 28 years old, the first player to ever take a knock is Liverpool’s Virgil Van Dijk in the Merseyside Derby during a 2-2 draw at Goodison
                                                                                                              Didn't think it was Romans Chelsea that went all foreign,
                                                                                                              had thought it had been done pre takeover.
                                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                                4/7 gone already and generally 1/2 or shorter as reality dawns of the scale of the incoming defeat. Going to be fun watching Biden go to 1.1 over the next 12 days.

                                                                                                                6 million Americans voted yesterday.
                                                                                                                Why is he not 1.1 now?

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                  Or indeed maybe staring at blank screens is a popular iPhone app showcasing the technological abilities of the phone.
                                                                                                                  If by staring at blank screens you mean staring at the blank space on my screen where highly specific targeted ads would be on an android but aren’t there on my iPhone because they have proper working privacy controls then guilty as charged
                                                                                                                  “PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                                                                    Why is he not 1.1 now?
                                                                                                                    You'd have to assume a lack of understanding of what the available data means on the part of some market participants. Or perhaps a motivation other than monetary gain?

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post

                                                                                                                      You'd have to assume a lack of understanding of what the available data means on the part of some market participants. Or perhaps a motivation other than monetary gain?
                                                                                                                      My own very unsupported thoughts is less misunderstanding on the part of participants and more fear that polling is "wrong" again.

                                                                                                                      We all know low probability events happen all the time but Trump & Brexit occurred in relative close proximity to one another having been thought highly unlikely by pollsters.

                                                                                                                      Less about misunderstanding and more about lack of trust in the data imo.

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        I hate how much I'd love a round of golf now. At least it'd be good value as I'd probably get 200 seeing as the last one is over a decade ago and broke my arm since.

                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                        Perhaps some people in more senior roles than me involved in hiring or even Richie might help me out with something.

                                                                                                                        What is the long term mindset of companies with regards to working from home.

                                                                                                                        Has this event made it a more acceptable long term option or do companies expect people back in the office some time in late 2021 to early 2022 as normal.

                                                                                                                        I have some feedback from companies but not quite sure it's representative of the broader view.
                                                                                                                        I think a lot of companies/people believe it is now possible where they didn't before. Or at least a blend.
                                                                                                                        Some people will still have the mindset that people need to be in an office (some jobs need it, some don't) whereas some companies have already committed to working from home as being the permanent standard (E.G. dropbox). I'm interested in seeing what the government are going to do re working from home, all i saw is some commitment to it and "legally" asking to work from home which means nothing?



                                                                                                                        Our company was surprised that it works just as well but when given the chance had people back in the office as fast as they could, for a month or so, then back at home again when things got worse.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-10-20, 12:54.

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                                                                          My own very unsupported thoughts is less misunderstanding on the part of participants and more fear that polling is "wrong" again.

                                                                                                                          We all know low probability events happen all the time but Trump & Brexit occurred in relative close proximity to one another having been thought highly unlikely by pollsters.

                                                                                                                          Less about misunderstanding and more about lack of trust in the data imo.
                                                                                                                          I think this is what we hope it is. Its definitely not people misreading numbers, as to quote our hero "there are fine numbers people on both sides" but rather there is more believe that the numbers could be wrong on one side, allowing them more scope for thinking Trump will come good.

                                                                                                                          I'm a bit fearful though that we're missing something else. The markets are big enough now - at least a billion matched across all books? - for there to be some real information out there influencing the price on both sides. So what are we missing on the other side. Are there maybe private polls that are leaking? There's definitely a lot of private polls being done for loads of reasons, so maybe these are more sophisticated than the public polls and are showing something different?
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X