Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
    Mike Leigh's Abigail's Party starting on BBC 4 at 9pm for those interested in that sort of thing (improvised theatre/situation comedy from 1977).

    "In a list of the 100 Greatest British Television Programmes drawn up by the British Film Institute in 2000, voted for by industry professionals, Abigail's Party was placed 11th. It also appeared in a Radio Times poll to find the top 40 greatest TV shows on British television, published in August 2003."
    That was amazing!
    Turning millions into thousands

    Comment


      Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post



      I know Guadalupe! Her stuff is lovely.
      She's a howl, can't remember all the ins and outs but she sent me a doll that was a special order for someone else and there wasn't time to send it back to her and on to the person it was for so I had to ship it on for her, the whole experience turned out to be great craic and my daughter who the present was for loved it.

      Turning millions into thousands

      Comment


        For the further brightening up of Kayroo's evening
        Turning millions into thousands

        Comment


          ...
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

          Comment


            Not really lurking anymore.

            Comment


              Originally posted by KK82 View Post
              Spotted a parrotless Twink just now in Tesco. #TwinkWatch
              i was just resting
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

              Comment


                Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                Thought Mehole was about to quote Enver Hoxha's 1967 new year message there "This year will be harder than last year. On the other hand, it will be easier than the next year."
                he could have gone more Churchillian:

                Now this is not the end.
                It is not even the beginning of the end.
                But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning
                which might even be more accurate. I don't know what we pay Zuutroph for, still no vaccine.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                Comment


                  Now imagine every voter in the US watched this:

                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                  Comment


                    Steaming here as I sit through some lame work course that for some reason is chock full of Churchill quotes- course isn’t about genocide or being a degenerate alcoholic so not sure of the relevance
                    How many of those quotes are one of his speechwriters/ backroom teams work anyway?

                    Comment


                      Getting real downlow and dirty now in the prez race with the Hunter Biden photos
                      what is it with all the Fredos in us political dynasties?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                        Spotted a parrotless Twink just now in Tesco. #TwinkWatch
                        I seen "Twink" was trending on Twitter the other day so clicked into the hashtag to see what she had been up to it wasn't at all what I was expecting but Collie would've been very happy
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Now imagine every voter in the US watched this:

                          That video is crazy, you should watch the documentary I linked to the other day it's infuriating & devastating.
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

                          Comment


                            New series of Taskmaster starts tonight, this time on Channel 4.

                            Also The Apprentice (once much loved here) has been doing a few clip shows in the absence of a series this year.
                            Tonight's on BBC1 is clips of the episodes where they went abroad, which were generally some of the best ones.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              Steaming here as I sit through some lame work course that for some reason is chock full of Churchill quotes- course isn’t about genocide or being a degenerate alcoholic so not sure of the relevance
                              How many of those quotes are one of his speechwriters/ backroom teams work anyway?
                              I didn't know you and RD3 worked together.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                Getting real downlow and dirty now in the prez race with the Hunter Biden photos
                                what is it with all the Fredos in us political dynasties?
                                What photos are those?
                                Turning millions into thousands

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                  What photos are those?
                                  A BS story that the NY Post is running.

                                  Basically you are expected to believe that:
                                  • some guy who identified himself as 'Hunter Biden' dropped off a laptop for repair in Delaware (Biden at the time living in California)
                                  • the owner of the laptop store describes himself as 'legally blind'
                                  • this 'Hunter Biden' never came back
                                  • the laptop dude discovered photos of Biden and other allegedly incriminating stuff on the laptop
                                  • as a concerned citizen, naturally the first place he thought to send them was...Rudy Giuliani's lawyer
                                  Amateur hour dirty tricks tbh. Although no doubt Trump will be roaring the place down about it.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                  Comment


                                    Oh, and finally, the laptop was dropped off in April (allegedly)

                                    But the files were created in September.

                                    Presumably Hunter Biden broke into the laptop repair place at that time to create incriminating files about himself.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                      Ted Lasso on Apple TV+ really brings the feel good factor. You'd want to be a level 5 cynic for it not to bring a smile to your face.
                                      That's a very odd show, very charming alright, feels like its aimed at an adolescent audience but also has some weird sense of being how a post brexit Britain would like to see itself

                                      The Roy Keane character couldn't be better if Keane played himself
                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 15-10-20, 11:37.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                        It really is all of this, a great description. I've been reading books and watching loads of videos about the possibility of VR for the last while in anticipation, expecting to be highly disappointed, but no - its so clearly the future. Loads more to do on getting the graphics up to speed - proper eye level 20k, but thats just technical stuff. The reason for doing it is there. It's kinda strange how Google, Microsoft, Apple are just letting Facebook steal the whole Western market.
                                        VR >SHROOMS?

                                        cliffs on the twink parrot thing . What has the ol bat been up to now ?

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                          VR >SHROOMS?

                                          cliffs on the twink parrot thing . What has the ol bat been up to now ?
                                          Twink was the guest on this weeks 'Living with Lucy'.
                                          Been a quality TV week all told.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Oh, and finally, the laptop was dropped off in April (allegedly)

                                            But the files were created in September.

                                            Presumably Hunter Biden broke into the laptop repair place at that time to create incriminating files about himself.
                                            Just ridiculously stupid.
                                            Has all the hallmarks of a Jacob Wohl stunt
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                            Comment


                                              A lidl bit of history while you shop


                                              Icarus152 would have been all over that
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                Now imagine every voter in the US watched this:

                                                Highly misleading. They should do a timeline of Trump vs Biden for the first three months.
                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-10-20, 12:54.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                  Highly misleading. They should do a timeline of Trump vs Biden response for the first three months.
                                                  Yeah, a timeline of the words and actions of the POTUS in the moment of greatest crisis in the world since 1941 mapped against his rival in the forthcoming election would be a really useful exercise.
                                                  Would ya ever cop on and get back to pretending he's not a racist at least there is no hint you are doing anything other than trolling then
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                    Highly misleading. They should do a timeline of Trump vs Biden for the first three months.
                                                    Right.

                                                    Compare the actions of the actual President of the USA...with a civilian. And turn that into an exercise in whataboutery. That'll work.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                    Comment


                                                      Whatever about the politics, is this going to be the most money ever bet on a single market? Up to almost €150mm on the outright already on Betfair alone.

                                                      ah, google suggests the last one was the previous record so maybe I shouldn't be surprised
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                        Right.

                                                        Compare the actions of the actual President of the USA...with a civilian. And turn that into an exercise in whataboutery. That'll work.
                                                        It probably wouldn't play as well to include in that video that Trump set up the White House Coronavirus Task Force with Fauci in Jan? Trump was putting in measures, while Biden campaigning to be Democratic Party nominee, not just a citizen, spent weeks downplaying the risks, and mocking Trump for overreacting? Where's all that in the video?

                                                        edit: didn't even get to the bit where they accused him of calling cornavirus a hoax, lol.
                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-10-20, 13:11.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          Whatever about the politics, is this going to be the most money ever bet on a single market? Up to almost €150mm on the outright already on Betfair alone.

                                                          ah, google suggests the last one was the previous record so maybe I shouldn't be surprised
                                                          I was there at the time for both Trump and Brexit. I believe up until this year, they are No1 and No2 for their largest markets to date.

                                                          I was managing the SP's book on the night of Brexit, politics trader went home early expecting a handy Stay. It was actually quite exciting relative to the usual US sports and shit soccer overnight.

                                                          I think Brexit finished around 150-160m so 2020 will be at least 2nd.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                            It probably wouldn't play as well to include in that video that Trump set up the White House Coronavirus Task Force with Fauci in Jan? Trump was putting in measures, while Biden campaigning to be Democratic Party nominee, not just a citizen, spent weeks downplaying the risks, and mocking Trump for overreacting? Where's all that in the video?
                                                            Are you triggered by the video accurately calling out how much the President of the USA played golf while tens of thousands of his citizens died a preventable death?

                                                            Don't worry, he'll have plenty of time to improve his handicap soon.

                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                              It probably wouldn't play as well to include in that video that Trump set up the White House Coronavirus Task Force with Fauci in Jan? Trump was putting in measures, while Biden campaigning to be Democratic Party nominee, not just a citizen, spent weeks downplaying the risks, and mocking Trump for overreacting? Where's all that in the video?

                                                              edit: didn't even get to the bit where they accused him of calling cornavirus a hoax, lol.
                                                              He wouldn't have had to set up a task force had he not dismantled one that was there already. You forgot that bit eh ?

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                Are you triggered by the video accurately calling out how much the President of the USA played golf while tens of thousands of his citizens died a preventable death?

                                                                Don't worry, he'll have plenty of time to improve his handicap soon.
                                                                I think you've lost all objectivity now that you've money on it, posting videos like that.

                                                                If only these people had been in charge right?

                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-10-20, 13:27.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Lucy ? Wouldn't you like to wake up to her big eyebrows in the morning?

                                                                  No offence Kayroo

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                    I was there at the time for both Trump and Brexit. I believe up until this year, they are No1 and No2 for their largest markets to date.

                                                                    I was managing the SP's book on the night of Brexit, politics trader went home early expecting a handy Stay. It was actually quite exciting relative to the usual US sports and shit soccer overnight.

                                                                    I think Brexit finished around 150-160m so 2020 will be at least 2nd.
                                                                    A Nephew who isn't really a punter had a couple of accounts I was using that summer and after Ascot was left with c 950 of his own in one of them. Sometime around midnight Brexit night he noticed that all he had to do was lump the lot on Remain and he'd have a nice round Grand that he would withdraw and spend...
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                      I think you've lost all objectivity now that you've money on it, posting videos like that.
                                                                      Most ironic post of 2020 .

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                        I think you've lost all objectivity now that you've money on it, posting videos like that.

                                                                        If only these people had been in charge right?
                                                                        more whataboutery

                                                                        Harry Truman understood the nature of the job. Trump has no idea ("I take no responsibility").

                                                                        See the little sign at bottom right?

                                                                        H-Truman-buck-stops-here-e1449844450437.jpg
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                          more whataboutery
                                                                          Person A does something about a situation
                                                                          Person B mocks him for overreacting
                                                                          Situation gets worse. Person B says they would have reacted sooner.

                                                                          Raoul: That's whataboutery



                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                            Person A does something about a situation
                                                                            Person B mocks him for overreacting
                                                                            Situation gets worse. Person B says they would have reacted sooner.

                                                                            Raoul: That's whataboutery

                                                                            Never mind.

                                                                            It's just going to go away. Like magic.

                                                                            Now where's that bleach and my syringe....
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              ...
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                              Comment




                                                                                He sounds well...
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post


                                                                                  He sounds well...
                                                                                  hilarious that he slags off Biden for reading off a teleprompter
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                    Where was most of the brexit money coming from, did you have any idea? Like is it all just people who like the gambool, or you get the impression it was some sort of professional money. Maybe from hedge funds?
                                                                                    I didn't have the interest at the time to investigate so I cant know for sure.

                                                                                    That said, there was alot of talk at the time for both Brexit & Trump that quite a lot of institutional money was involved as the result would impact the position of some in other markets.

                                                                                    Obviously in relative terms 150m-200m is small beans but when reviewing SP bets that were hitting triggers you were coming across a few Cambridge/Oxford educated economists that I certainly remember as shrewd.

                                                                                    I was limited because I couldn't see much on the exc side but certainly it was something that I recall floated around.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      After reading all this stuff about Hunter Biden. I really hope the Americans dont vote for Hunter in the election. Hes as bad as Trump

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        I'll be honest, I would really like a more detailed trip report from Hitch's VR porn experiences (technical and experiential details I mean).

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          I won’t lie, I can’t even imagine the point of it
                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

                                                                                          http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            ...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              ...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                ...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  A silly question to save an unnecessary trip. I think I'm going to pop a bit more on Biden, as its just too silly at this stage. 10.5 points lead.

                                                                                                  So - want to go to Boyles as they have 1/2 odds vs PP 2/5. So - can I just rock into a Boyles shop this evening and write '€700 bet Biden 1/2' and they'll take it. Or might they say its too large a bet, or that I need to call back during business hours?
                                                                                                  Maybe specify US presidential outright (too many other markets)

                                                                                                  I'm not adding any more at these prices, worst I took was a drop of 4/5. Just going to sit back and enjoy the show now.

                                                                                                  Still some mad volume of bets for Trump that flies in the face of all available evidence. People are backing him at 15/8 enthusiastically.
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                    A silly question to save an unnecessary trip. I think I'm going to pop a bit more on Biden, as its just too silly at this stage. 10.5 points lead.

                                                                                                    So - want to go to Boyles as they have 1/2 odds vs PP 2/5. So - can I just rock into a Boyles shop this evening and write '€700 bet Biden 1/2' and they'll take it. Or might they say its too large a bet, or that I need to call back during business hours?
                                                                                                    Bet size shouldn't be a big issue unless they're limiting it on the site. Might have to ring someone in head office for approval but shouldn't be more than that

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      ...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Never mind yer 1/2 about a 4/9 shot

                                                                                                        Lump on whatever Shane Foley rides
                                                                                                        Lump on whatever Colin Keane rides
                                                                                                        RFC the pair
                                                                                                        Rinse and repeat until flat turf season ends
                                                                                                        Easy game
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                          Find it very very hard to see how Biden is any more than about 1/10 this close to the election and this far apart from Trump in the polls. So 1/2 is a ridic bargain. There's something weird happening that is propping up Trump prices - I'm thinking external money that needs to bet on Trump for a hedge, that is creating a falsely high price for Biden.
                                                                                                          I think 700e should be fine given the market size. As Ed said, they might call a trader while you're there to confirm but I'd be genuinely shocked if they don't accept that.

                                                                                                          Would you not set up a BF exc account if you don't have one already?

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Like if you're backing Trump, you have to swallow that he wins:

                                                                                                            Arizona (33% chance)
                                                                                                            Florida (28% chance)
                                                                                                            Georgia (49% chance)
                                                                                                            North Carolina (33% chance)
                                                                                                            Ohio (49% chance)
                                                                                                            Iowa (58% chance)
                                                                                                            Texas (69% chance)

                                                                                                            And then, having won ALL of these , he has to capture one of Michigan (9% chance), Wisconsin (12% chance), Pennsylvania (12% chance) or Minnesota (8% chance).

                                                                                                            Would anyone here take 15/8 on this happening? (apart from Lazare, Collie and Dice of course)
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                              It's disturbing in a great way. A big problem is that you need perfection in your model as a pimple on their ass and it'll seem like that pimple is about to poke your eyes out. Its all 'point of view' from what I've seen so far. So someones coming up to you and doing things to you. Its mad - they shove their breasts up to your face and you feel for at least a second before you remember otherwise that you've really got a breast shower going on. It's that sense of being there that's mad. It's still only half way there. You need better quality graphics - 8k resolution rather than the current 2k resolution, but its reasonable enough. And I guess ultimately if you were to properly commit you would need connected devices, like a fleshlight, that would be programmed to react to the movie. Thats already been done by the way. But its like nothing you've ever seen. I'd put it well ahead of strip clubs for example in terms of stimulation. But then again strip clubs aren't great at anything.
                                                                                                              Ah here Hitch you have to cop on


                                                                                                              Jessica Rabbit was enough for me and she had mad ears .

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                                                                Would you not set up a BF exc account if you don't have one already?
                                                                                                                I'd say there is a good reason he doesn't have one already!

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2727...not-happy/amp/
                                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    Never mind yer 1/2 about a 4/9 shot

                                                                                                                    Lump on whatever Shane Foley rides
                                                                                                                    Lump on whatever Colin Keane rides
                                                                                                                    RFC the pair
                                                                                                                    Rinse and repeat until flat turf season ends
                                                                                                                    Easy game
                                                                                                                    Is that serious advice?
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Can't beat watching the Universe Boss smashing it all round the place

                                                                                                                      Like a boss.
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        Like if you're backing Trump, you have to swallow that he wins:

                                                                                                                        Arizona (33% chance)
                                                                                                                        Florida (28% chance)
                                                                                                                        Georgia (49% chance)
                                                                                                                        North Carolina (33% chance)
                                                                                                                        Ohio (49% chance)
                                                                                                                        Iowa (58% chance)
                                                                                                                        Texas (69% chance)

                                                                                                                        And then, having won ALL of these , he has to capture one of Michigan (9% chance), Wisconsin (12% chance), Pennsylvania (12% chance) or Minnesota (8% chance).

                                                                                                                        Would anyone here take 15/8 on this happening? (apart from Lazare, Collie and Dice of course)
                                                                                                                        Fake news. MAGA.

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Got the flu jab this evening. Skipping the queue thanks to being categorised 'somewhat bollixed'
                                                                                                                          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X