This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post

It's nice for people to be able to express their opinions but objectively the correct answer is LCD Soundsystem Sound of Silver.

North American Scum
    Someone Great
    All My Friends
    Somehow I managed to read that question wrong and thought it said "what are your favourite "first" three songs in a row on an album." hence the GNR pick so I feel my selection is a winner in the new sub-category I made

Comment

You United fans are living in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

what price did you take on Trump?
        Thats neither here nor there

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          Power
          All of the Lights
          Monster
          FYP

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The Age of Bewilderbeast same thing . How do you pick 3 ?
              I'm avoiding the real classics here of course . Ie Rumours DSOTM etc

Comment

Comment

Mellor (nice feature 6Star) or anyone else that knows things about health equipment these days.

Is an "inBody" scan effectively the same thing as those machines in the pharmacy that costs 2e and continues to tell me I'm not 6ft or are they something more accurate like Dexa?

I haven't seen this machine yet but based on what I've googled it looks like the former.

I only ask as my gym (small S&C gym) is charging an outrageous monthly price to upgrade to "Health Screenings" using one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

yeah, he's 5% behind in the state he needs to win (Penn), and a dog in four other states he needs to win for Penn to even matter. It's all over. Biden also looks like he's going to be a rock on the tv debates and everyone has made up their mind anyway. Ship.
                    Might as well start spending the money imo. I've already blown your Brexit €50 on a monogrammed dog collar.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just in general we need to stop firing people ffs. Your last slaughter got rid of most of the functioning government for a stupid reason, so i admire your aboutface in allowing the new governing powers adequate time to respawn.
                      I only fire people for stupid shit that is demonstrably their fault. This is stupid shit alright, but it's clearly not her fault.

Although she is FF, and she does look weirdly like a nun so I'm not adverse to the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                        Mellor (nice feature 6Star) or anyone else that knows things about health equipment these days.

Is an "inBody" scan effectively the same thing as those machines in the pharmacy that costs 2e and continues to tell me I'm not 6ft or are they something more accurate like Dexa?

I haven't seen this machine yet but based on what I've googled it looks like the former.

I only ask as my gym (small S&C gym) is charging an outrageous monthly price to upgrade to "Health Screenings" using one.
                        InBody uses bio impedance to estimate body fat. Which us pretty variable depending on hydration. Then combines that with height/weight to get a “score”.
                        Its definitely closer to the pharmacy machine then a clinical machine like a dexa.

If they were available for free, it would be as useful as any to track changes. But I wouldn’t be paying a premium for it.

Comment

What was the point of the crystal clear levels again? The real plan is a list of possible restrictions that they will apply as they see fit with minimal notice and little transparency around how we move from one restriction the the other. That link is suggesting level 2 with a little bit of level 2. Why did they bother creating levels?
                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                            InBody uses bio impedance to estimate body fat. Which us pretty variable depending on hydration. Then combines that with height/weight to get a “score”.
                            Its definitely closer to the pharmacy machine then a clinical machine like a dexa.

If they were available for free, it would be as useful as any to track changes. But I wouldn’t be paying a premium for it.
                            When Dublin isn't so plague infested, the place I go to has one as part of the deal. As Mellor said, whatever about accuracy, being able to check and keep a log of total weight, muscle mass and body fat is nice. It also highlights imbalances (that you probably already know about) by giving you muscle mass numbers for left and right side of each of your upper and lower body.

I don't find the "score" interesting because I don't understand it's relationship to anything real.

Comment

All the great albums will have a run of three in a row
                              This is the greatest segue from one song into another IMO

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Guest too

I assumed it was basically a better version but wasnt sure. As you say Brian, certainly could be used as a barometer to track.

40e for a once off and 30e a month on top of your membership. Feels steep

Comment

When you @ someone do they get a notif or something?
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                    When you @ someone do they get a notif or something?
                                    Lazare GFY

Comment

Biden 13 points up in the first post-debate national poll.

should maybe start backing Biden to win in mad places like Alaska and South Carolina

Comment

Just in general we need to stop firing people ffs. Your last slaughter got rid of most of the functioning government for a stupid reason, so i admire your aboutface in allowing the new governing powers adequate time to respawn.
                                        But none that of the judges who decided that the court of Twitter wasn’t a high enough authority and did their own due investigation.

Comment

Comment

Comment

For the three tracks in a row I'm thinking of Is This It by The Strokes, just can't decide on the three! What an album.

Surprised no-one has suggested three from The Stone Roses:

This Is The One
                                              I Am The Resurrection
                                              Fools Gold

Every one a stone cold classic IMHO.

Comment

Pick the bones out of this one . Tis a good read

A few thoughts on Amy Coney Barrett, our new Supreme Court justice.

- As noted above, she's a done deal. So Democrats should not waste time trying to besmirch her character, focusing on her religion, trying to box her into a corner on how she will vote on hypothetical cases.

The People of Praise is not a cult. I've had half a dozen of their kids in my classes, including some men who heard about me from their female friends. Almost without fail, these have been among the best students I've ever had. Extremely bright. Careful critical thinkers. Wonderful writers. I loved having them in class. So don't go after the People of Praise.

By all accounts Barrett walks on water. I've had that in a roundabout way from people I know at Notre Dame, including from folks as liberal as me, who actually look forward to seeing her on the court. I have no first hand knowledge of her, but take the above for what you will.

So Democrats should not take a typical approach with her.

- Stay focused on the election. If the election were tomorrow, Biden wins comfortably, and the Democrats likely take the Senate as well. The latest polls were taken after RBG's death. No gain for Trump. In fact the majority of Americans think the Supreme Court seat should not be filled until after the election. Watching Republicans ram Barrett through helps Democrats. So don't mess with her. Let Republicans do what they're going to do. As a great man once said, It is what it is.

If the Democrats take the presidency and the Senate, none of this matters much. A Democratic administration will not let a conservative court mess with Democratic priorities. Lots of avenues, including adding justices, passing a law that no act of Congress can be overturned by the Court except by a seven vote majority, etc. So keep the focus where it matters. On November 3.

So how should Democrats approach these hearings? I've seen one good suggestion today. Turn all their time over to Kamala Harris. I like that one.

Here's a few more suggestions.

- Don't show up for the hearings. There is no reason to dignify this raw exercise in political hypocrisy. Don't legitimize the theft of a Supreme Court seat with your presence. This also shows Barrett that the nation knows she is letting herself become a pawn in Trump's game. That in itself says something about character.

- Schedule high interest alternate programming directly opposite the hearings. Bring together all 26 of the women who have accused Trump of sexual assault. Let them tell their stories on air. Or interview liberal justices that Biden will add to the court next year. Hearings with only Republicans extolling Barrett's virtues will get low ratings. It shouldn't be hard to come up with something people would rather watch. Hell, replay the Kavanaugh hearings! Bring in Matt Damon to reprise his role on SNL! I'd watch that! How about a show "Beers with Squee"?!

- If Democrats do attend the hearings, they should not focus on Barrett's views on any future cases. She'll just dodge those questions anyway. They're hypothetical. She should dodge them. Don't even mention her religion.

Instead Democrats should focus on the past four years of the Trump administration. This has been the most corrupt administration in American history. No need for hypotheticals. The questions are all right there.

Judge Barrett, would you please explain the emoluments clause in the Constitution. [She does.] Judge Barrett, if a president were to refuse to divest himself of his properties and, in fact, continue to steer millions of dollars of tax payer money to his properties, would this violate the emoluments clause?

Then simply go down the list of specific cases in which Trump and his family of grifters have used the presidency to enrich themselves. Ask her repeatedly if this violates the emoluments clause. Include of course using the American ambassador to Britain to try to get the British Open golf tournament at a Trump property. Judge Barrett, does this violate the emoluments clause?

Then turn to the Hatch Act.

Judge Barrett, would you please explain the Hatch Act to the American people. [She does.] Judge Barrett, did Kellyanne Conway violate the Hatch Act on these 60 occasions?[List them. Then after Barrett's response, and just fyi, the Office of the Special Council already convicted her, ask Barrett this.] When Kellyanne Conway, one of the president's top advisors openly mocked the Hatch Act after violating it over 60 times, should she have been removed from office?

Then turn to all the other violations of the Hatch Act during the Republican Convention. Get Barrett's opinion on those.

Then turn to Congressional Oversight.

Judge Barrett, would you please explain to the American people the duties of Congress, according to the Constitution, to oversee the executive branch. [She does so.] Judge Barrett, when the Trump administration refuses time and again[list them] to respond to a subpoena from Congress, is this an obstruction of the constitutional duty of Congress for oversight? Is this an obstruction of justice?

Then turn to Trump's impeachment.

Read the transcript of Trump's phone call. Judge Barrett, would you describe this as a "perfect phone call"? Is there anything about this call that troubles you, as a judge, or as an American?

Judge Barrett, would you please define for the American people the technical definition of collusion. [She does.] Then go through all of the contacts between the Trump administration and Russians during the election and get her opinion on whether these amount to collusion. Doesn't matter how she answers. It gets Trump's perfidy back in front of Americans right before the election.

Such questions could go on for days. Get her opinion on the evidence for election fraud. Go through all the Trump "laws" that have been thrown out by the courts. Ask her about the separation of children from their parents at the border. And on and on and on through the worst and most corrupt administration in our history. Don't forget to ask her opinion on the evidence presented by the 26 Trump accusers. Judge Barrett, do you think this is enough evidence of sexual assault to bring the perpetrator before a court of law? Do you think a sitting president should be able to postpone such cases until after his term? Judge Barrett, let's listen again, shall we, to Trump's "Access Hollywood" tape. I don't have a question. I just want to hear it again. Or maybe, as a woman, how do you feel listening to this recording? Let's listen to it again, shall we. Take your time.

Taking this approach does a number of things.

1. Even if Barrett bobs and weaves and dodges all of this, it reminds Americans right before the election of just how awful this administration has been.

2. None of these questions are hypothetical. They are all real documented incidents. The vast majority are pretty obvious examples of breaking one law or the other. If Barrett refuses to answer honestly, she demonstrates that she is willing to simply be another Trump toady. Any claims to high moral Christian character are shown to be as empty as the claims made by the 80% of white evangelicals who continue to support Trump.

3. If she answers honestly, as I rather suspect she would, then Americans get to watch Trump and his lawless administration convicted by Trump's own chosen justice.

Any of these outcomes would go much further toward delegitimizing the entire Republican project than if Democrats go down the typical road of asking hypothetical questions or trying to undermine her character.

Use her supposed good character and keen legal mind against the administration that has nominated her. Let her either convict Trump or embarrass herself by trying to weasel out of convicting Trump. Either way, it'll be great television ...

Comment

Can't wait for Denny's review of the Comey Rules

Comment

It should be a patriotic duty to mention:

Where the Streets Have No Name
                                                    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
                                                    With or Without You

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Can't wait for Denny's review of the Comey Rules
                                                      Where is that available to watch?

Comment

Sweet Thing
                                                        Cyprus Avenue
                                                        The Way Young Lovers Do

Comment

40 years old today, the greatest hardcore punk album of them all was unleashed.

Singer Keith Morris left Black Flag cos they practiced too much and he liked to get drunk. He picked up a jazz drummer and classically trained bassist and along with Greg Heston of Red Kross boshed out 14 songs in 15 minutes to make the classic Group Sex.

So good I got the tattoo (which is now 30 years old!)... https://www.instagram.com/p/CF0HwizpGAx/

Try...

1) Deny Everything 2) I Just Want Some Skank 3) Beverly Hills
                                                          or
                                                          6) Wasted 7) Behind The Door 8) World Up My Ass
                                                          or
                                                          9) Paid Vacation 10) Don't Care 11) Live Fast Die Young
                                                          or
                                                          12) What's Your Problem 13) Group Sex 14) Red Tape
                                                          Last edited by BennyHiFi; 01-10-20, 20:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Where is that available to watch?
                                                            Sky Atlantic over here.

Comment

boy can play

Comment

Biden 13 points up in the first post-debate national poll.

should maybe start backing Biden to win in mad places like Alaska and South Carolina
                                                                I was looking at Alaska the other night to try to make a case at 8/1.
                                                                Vaguely interesting trend of GOP % of Bush 2004 61%, McCain 59%, Romney 54%, Trump 51%.
                                                                Dems aren't going up by the same leaps though, seems to be Libertarians and other flotsam picking up the vote.
                                                                Down to 6/1 now anyway.

Comment

Comment

Nevermind, first album I ever bought with my own money. CD version was on sale in some shop and I thought it would piss my parents off not realising they were big Nirvana fans lol

Smells like teen spirit
                                                                    In Bloom
                                                                    Come As You Are

Comment

This would be Music King gold:
                                                                      Official Music Video for "I Wanna Be A Cowboy, Baby!" by CMATMy album 'If My Wife New I'd Be Dead' is out now! https://awal.ffm.to/cmat-imwnibd.oyd Listen to...

Comment

Donnie in quar https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1002/1168880-world/

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                            Election winning move

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Election winning move
                                                                              Can't see him getting any sympathy vote, unless he's in a coma.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                It may not be soon, it may be long after this whole chapter in the history of the world but the day Trump dies I promise I’m gonna go grab a six pack, and drink it, happily, and safe in the knowledge that the world is a better place.

He is a horrendous human being.
                                                                                better go to the offy soonish

Comment

Hope gave it to him. Irony .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                    TIT

TRUMP IS TOAST
                                                                                    ...You called it tbf...

Comment

market is suspended on betfair.can still bet on smarkets but biden has dropped to 1.45
                                                                                      Last edited by noname1255; 02-10-20, 07:03. Reason: hes still alive

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post

...You called it tbf...
                                                                                        Ha . It kind of spoils what I actually wanted to happen. Now what .

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 02-10-20, 07:52.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Don't be surprised if you see him up and about on the campaign trail proclaiming himself a modern day Jesus and the virus fake news.

For the sake of public health I hope that he does really have it and doesn't escape at least the average level of illness and incapacity suffered by the average morbidly obese 75 year old man

Comment

I guess anyone who emptied the clip on Sleepy Joe is funking for Trump to be just about live to E-Day.

Thoughts and prayers....

Comment

So, what happens to the election if Trump gets properly sick (like Boris Johnson sick)? Would the GOP remove him as a candidate?

Obviously the result is no longer in doubt but who's actually running?

Comment

And Sleepy Joe's test today suddenly has become the most important q-tip up the nose of all time

Comment

So, what happens to the election if Trump gets properly sick (like Boris Johnson sick)? Would the GOP remove him as a candidate?

Obviously the result is no longer in doubt but who's actually running?
                                                                                                    I was going to ask you that question.

I guess Pence must be the choice a month out but any chance of Romney, Ryan or Rubio

Comment

I was going to ask you that question.

I guess Pence must be the choice a month out but any chance of Romney, Ryan or Rubio
                                                                                                      But here's the thing...people have already voted, the election has started. Donald Trump is the GOP candidate. You can't unvote.

This is completely unprecedented. Hopefully the poor man pulls through.

Comment

...

Comment

But here's the thing...people have already voted, the election has started. Donald Trump is the GOP candidate. You can't unvote.

This is completely unprecedented. Hopefully the poor man pulls through.
                                                                                                          Their electoral college system probably helps them a bit here.
                                                                                                          The electors can interpret a vote for Trump as a vote for Pence or whoever.

Comment

I find it hard to believe Woulfe didn't know the dinner was on until the last minute. Surely he would have received an itinerary before the event. Did he wear his golf kex to the shindig or might he have had suitable attire with him?

Who is the Tony Walsh 'gentleman'?

Needed a booklet and induction to highlight the importance of the separation of powers? Seriously?

He left at around midday and arrived at the Station House Hotel in Clifden at approximately 6.00pm. He arrived in Clifden tired after his drive from Donegal.
                                                                                                            Tired and emotional?

Mr. Justice Woulfe was not aware of any public pronouncement, that night, by the Government, of new rules in relation to public dining. He was on holidays and had switched off from news coverage.
                                                                                                            I thought ignorance of the law wasn't a valid defense? (yes....being facetious, I know no laws were broken.)

He would have been aware in a very general hazy way that there were detailed guidelines and rules about all that but that the whole point was to reopen the country.
                                                                                                            A very general hazy way m'lud?

https://judicialcouncil.ie/assets/up...rt-1-10-20.pdf
                                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

It's potentially a great way out for him.
                                                                                                              Retire undefeated champion.

Comment

How did you not go with 'Its the hope that kills ya'
                                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Betting markets all suspended obvs but would expect Biden to be 1.1 once they reopen

Comment

Betting markets all suspended obvs but would expect Biden to be 1.1 once they reopen
                                                                                                                    Unless he's actually very sick then I can't imagine it moves the needle that much.

If it reopens before any further updates I'd expect it to remain relatively stable around 1.4.

In all likelihood, he'll be fine, 7-8% of people have died from Covid who are 70+. His chances of death all else equal must be lower in light of the care he'll receive.

Comment

Unless he's actually very sick then I can't imagine it moves the needle that much.

If it reopens before any further updates I'd expect it to remain relatively stable around 1.4.

In all likelihood, he'll be fine, 7-8% of people have died from Covid who are 70+. His chances of death all else equal must be lower in light of the care he'll receive.
                                                                                                                      his credibility is even more shot than before: he's been downplaying the virus, mask wearing, Fauci etc. He's a clown and a freakshow.

Comment

He should drink a pint of fish tank cleaner and he'll be grand. Maybe shine a torch up his hole.

Comment

his credibility is even more shot than before: he's been downplaying the virus, mask wearing, Fauci etc. He's a clown and a freakshow.
                                                                                                                          Completely but you know how this will be played to the base.

"See I told you, nothing more than a sniffle, no need for masks and money wasted on testing" and so on.

Fox will have a great time spinning the shit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X