Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to bed at 9.30 last night wrecked from a rough work day.

Got up at 6.30 and ran up by GAB and Brianmcs', up the hills and through beautiful misty countryside. The only soul around. Talking Sopranos in the ears. Saw hot black slurry shoot out of a bulls ass just as Michael Imperioli said 'Bullshit'. Ran along by Lyons Estate with it's stone walls covered in Virginia creeper, 70% bright red at this time of year, the morning sun exploding it with light.

Am flooded with endorphins.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

EizHF_cWoAArE5M?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg
        Attached Files
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
          I got some abuse for trolling them

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ...cue some Donna Summer and Barbera Streisand lyrics .

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Brilliant show. I've been rewatching some of the older seasons which are just great. Worst season is the one with Baddiell and jo Brand. Absolutely miserable bores
            I thought Baddiel was great, best of the 'befuddled old man' characters they've had on it. And my love for Rose Matefeo would make it my favourite series I think.
            Only series I didn't really like was the one with Liza Tarbuck.
            But one of those shows where everyone's opinion is different and valid.

New series next month by the way - moving to Channel 4, though Alex says nothing much else has changed.
            Cast names.

Comment

Was going to back a horse in the Cambridgeshire last night as sky going 8 places and Paddy going 7

Best price guaranteed only kicks in on the day of race now...so decided to wait until today (???not like its price was going to drift???)

Hugh Taylor tipped it

I hope it falls out the arse of the telly

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                That's not real is it WTaF

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                  Was going to back a horse in the Cambridgeshire last night as sky going 8 places and Paddy going 7

Best price guaranteed only kicks in on the day of race now...so decided to wait until today (???not like its price was going to drift???)

Hugh Taylor tipped it

I hope it falls out the arse of the telly
                  El Tren goes at 4.20 in the ladies race he won last year. Now he's +1 stone since then but has a decent draw to lie up with the pace and sure who knows with the average jocket standard in these things. Took a bit of 20s for the craic.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Allez Racing s'il vouz plait rugby gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Ouh la la, what à try !

Comment

Ha! Now fuck off into rugby oblivion you detestable cheating scum.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Ouh la la, what à try !
                          I thought the Racing 13 might have been in front of the kick but who's going to argue with Nigel?

Now if only someone would deck Itoje just to complete the day.....

Comment

I quite like Exeter as a club so let's see them complete the lineup plz.

Comment

Would love Toulouse to do it in the next semi final.

Comment

Captura-de-pantalla-2014-01-20-a-las-02.27.24.png

Comment

Comment

Oh boy.

Comment

Like red-headed stepchildren. A thing of beauty.

Comment

El Tren goes at 4.20 in the ladies race he won last year. Now he's +1 stone since then but has a decent draw to lie up with the pace and sure who knows with the average jocket standard in these things. Took a bit of 20s for the craic.
                                        Saw it this morning, recalled someone saying here ( ) it'd never win again and ignored it after having it on the docket.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Saw it this morning, recalled someone saying here ( ) it'd never win again and ignored it after having it on the docket.
                                          Faith dude. You gotta have faith.

Comment

I didn't anticipate being being scared of and avoiding teenagers in public places at this age.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              I didn't anticipate being being scared of and avoiding teenagers in public places at this age.
                                              May have posted this before .

Was walking through Leixlip a few years ago. Stride walking . A few teenagers said Hey can I borrow your phone our friend needs to ring home . (Not likely I thought) . I've no phone with me I said . What's that in your pocket one of them said . It my fookin Mickey I said as brashly as possible. They soon backed away and lost interest and this wildebeest and his phone escaped back to the herd . Checked behind a couple of time just in case my mickey bluff was called .

Comment

Faith dude. You gotta have faith.
                                                Ha . Had him at 12s fair play it was just the BBV ref that alerted me . Only a tenner but the laugh was good when I saw the result .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Ha . Had him at 12s fair play it was just the BBV ref that alerted me . Only a tenner but the laugh was good when I saw the result .
                                                  Fancy doing that run with me some day? The route I ran this morning. It's a cracking route.

I won't rob your phone.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare

Fancy doing that run with me some day? The route I ran this morning. It's a cracking route.

I won't rob your phone.
                                                      How far is it and what pace ya thinking about ? Also do you know CPR?

Comment

Sure a 20/1 tip from me is like an evens shot from GAB or one of them fellas.

Comment

How far is it and what pace ya thinking about ? Also do you know CPR?
                                                          It was a little over 13k. We'd run it at a comfortable pace for both of us.

Don't know CPR but I can dig a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

It was a little over 13k. We'd run it at a comfortable pace for both of us.

Don't know CPR but I can dig a hole.
                                                            I'm hauling my big ass 3 times a week, 5k max . 13k is a good target for me but I'd have to up my game . Think I'm doing what's called lazy running . So yes I'd love to but I'm a bit away from that type o run. I'll come knocking for a schooling in a few months if I can get the diet sorted . I'm about 4 stone heavier than when I could actually move well . Legs feel good though so that's a start and I believe in starts as Joey the lips would say .

Comment

My embarrassing Kiloage lately fell off post covid . Like I said Lazy . Need to get to at least 40k a week . Need to find the time . Mornings are out .

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

My running has fell off a cliff too since the baby came along.

Crack of dawn is the only window. Mileage has suffered bad because of it.

Don't be beating yourself up Willie, you're getting out multiple times a week. Very few people doing that.

Give us a shout for that run whenever you want to

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  My running has fell off a cliff too since the baby came along.

Crack of dawn is the only window. Mileage has suffered bad because of it.

Don't be beating yourself up Willie, you're getting out multiple times a week. Very few people doing that.

Give us a shout for that run whenever you want to
                                                                  Fell of a cliff since the baby came along mehole. Its beating HJ that was your downfall. Beating HJ at something is like a pinnacle that cant be eclipsed and which few have managed. You feel like you've strode to the summit and like Roberto Duran you tasted victory and then No Màs.

Theres only one way to motivate you back to something like your former glory if that's even possible now and that's the rematch v HJ to prove your not a No Màs merchant?. Deep down HJ wanted that rematch badly as he felt like he left something behind but never complained or called for it as to sound like sour grapes. Well im putting forward the rematch. Lazare v HJ 2?. To be held over an agreed distance and weekend of December 2020?.

No Màs II
                                                                  Lazare v HJ

Comment

Haha deadly.

That looks like a cracking movie actually.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Repeating myself here, but, I nearly always regret the time spent watching a movie. The Imitation Game just felt like one jarring cliche after another.

Comment

Trumps tax returns obtained and released by NYT it seems.
                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                The debate on Tuesday will be a public self hanging by Donnieboy. His interviews with journalists have shown he can be provoked into revealing his Col Jessup side. He cant handle the truth . I cant wait. Get yer bets on .

Comment

I'd say that Trump is more worried about spending the rest of his life in prison for being a rapist and kiddie fiddler (if said accusations are true) than people knowing he doesn't pay much tax...

Dei ya likes the bracketitie bit 6Star?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                    He's claimed that they were fake within the hour of the story breaking. the NYT released the amounts, but not the documents. Next step is to release the documents, but not sure why they wouldn't in the first place.

Comment

See what posts about running do? Kills all conversation. The new cyclists.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

He's claimed that they were fake within the hour of the story breaking. the NYT released the amounts, but not the documents. Next step is to release the documents, but not sure why they wouldn't in the first place.
                                                                                        Smart. Dribble it out and keep the news focus on it.

Comment

Just reading the NYT story now:
                                                                                          1. he paid NO federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years examined. He only paid $750 in each of 2016 and 2017.
                                                                                          2. he's under audit for claiming a 'dubious' 72.9m rebate
                                                                                          3. Most of his signature Trump-branded businesses claim to be losing money
                                                                                          4. He has ~400m in personally guaranteed loans due
                                                                                          5. He's been claiming deductions on his personal expenses for years...including hairstyling
                                                                                          6. Ivanka has been getting paid via the back door for 'consulting'
                                                                                          etc

Probably expect to see a lot of this:

Comment

It also seems pretty clear that he was in major trouble by 2015 and the presidential tilt was primarily aimed at resuscitating his brand (mission accomplished)

Comment

If I was on the fence about something, think the Rock's endorsement would send me in a different direction.

Comment

Checking on the market, Biden now generally 8/11 with the bookies although you can do slightly better on the exchange at 1.78
                                                                                                Trump 2.34.

Trump just can't get on the front foot at all and this probably takes any positive impact from the SCOTUS story away from him. Awwwwww.

First debate is tomorrow night.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Someone pointed out, and I was surprised by this, the story is often not even the top story on US news channels. They just don't care about tax in the same way that we do, and actually find - genuinely - non tax payment as something to almost be admired.

Democrats need to stick with the pissing-on-the-military story from a few weeks ago, that's the only one that really crosses their society as completely unacceptable. Don't just simply don't care about tax.
                                                                                                      Oh, I disagree most heartily with this. They care about it far more than we do and their penalties for avoidance are far more harsh than ours. This will resonate.

I think the reason it's not No 1 yet is because people haven't had time to digest it. Like if you look at CNN, they are calling it 'the most important news story of the last five years'. (OK, so no true Trumpist would piss on CNN if it was on fire but still)

As to taxes - that's how they got Al Capone! We hardly ever imprison people for tax avoidance.

Comment

It's no Hollywood Access tape.

Comment

really? The Rock is someone I'd buy branded shit from. He's the definition of a great guy. This is way better an endorsement than any of those old guy De Niro style endorsements.
                                                                                                          I'd pay a reasonable amount of money to see you kitted out in The Rock's branded gear.

Something like: https://www.underarmour.eu/en-ie/men...7182_color=643

Comment

It's the lead story on Fox too.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              It's no Hollywood Access tape.
                                                                                                              True.

It's worse.

Comment

...

Comment

Someone pointed out, and I was surprised by this, the story is often not even the top story on US news channels.
                                                                                                                  Not sure that's true. It's the top story on the New York Times and Washington Post websites. It lead ABC, NBC, CBS (basically all of network news). Fox took a different view (surprise!) but it was a pretty massive story. It will probably lead all news tonight along with the various late night guys covering it and then the debate is tonight too so that'll swallow up the story unless Biden makes something of it.

Still, I don't think it's nothing. I have family in a rural area of a state Trump will take handily. From my limited view of their lives they would take any indication that he didn't pay his way as being a big issue. They like winners and they admire success but they absolutely detest cheating to get it. Probably make no difference to a lot of voters but could sway a few undecideds to Biden or keep some Trump voters home and that might be enough.
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Someone pointed out, and I was surprised by this, the story is often not even the top story on US news channels. They just don't care about tax in the same way that we do, and actually find - genuinely - non tax payment as something to almost be admired.

Democrats need to stick with the pissing-on-the-military story from a few weeks ago, that's the only one that really crosses their society as completely unacceptable. Don't just simply don't care about tax.
                                                                                                                        Have to agree mostly because it is too complicated for the average Joe six pack who wont sit down and read the documents that support the tax charges so he can just say no he didn't. The rich republicans will indeed be impressed.

Plenty of contractors in Ireland have their wives getting paid out of their businesses and building up pensions so Ivanca getting paid is surely just normal.

When it comes to not respecting the military thats a nice easy to understand sound bite, it also leads nicely into - so why didn't you serve what was more important that you were busy with - getting coked up with a cross dressing Giuliani

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X