Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

level 3 incoming.
    They are gonna have to do it to stop the ambiguity, either real or imagined
    3.5, keep the wet pubs closed.
    airport, lol

Comment

level 3 incoming.
      They are gonna have to do it to stop the ambiguity, either real or imagined
      According to their own guidance, wet pubs should only be closed when you reach level 5. So go to level 5 then or the whole thing is bs.
      Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

According to their own guidance, wet pubs should only be closed when you reach level 5. So go to level 5 then or the whole thing is bs.
        Hitch is gonna clear this up from his vast collection of encyclopedias of condescension.
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

It's this freedom of information release from yesterday I was referring to, not a journalists mistaken interpretation from July. How did you manage to look up the story yesterday and not see this, and instead could only find an indirect source from July that supported your dodgy viewpoint?! It's almost impressive anti-googling. E.g. read the Revenue Commissioner article. They, as finance dept folk, raised the issue, not politicians. All the opposition politicians did was lead to money being fraudulently paid.

I don't know if you noticed the dates on the emails and the date of the public u-turn by the minister after a few days of excoriation from the press and the public are the same?

Your example of how senior civil servants are acting on a level people like myself can't understand so we shouldn't presume to criticise, is some emails sent between them to explain to each other the potential for bad press from an ill-advised element of a plan after they had already announced the plan and been decorated about it. The emails are them going 'we seem to have made a balls of this, better row back quickly', which is what Coveney and Michael McGrath were literally saying on camera to the press at the same moment (according to these emails) the senior folks in the dept of finance were explaining to one another why everyone was so annoyed at them.

You started off suggesting this was an example of clever finessing of a difficult situation to avoid a public backlash, the only reason what you posted resonated with my is I specifically remember people like JP McMahon who runs Aniar in Galway amongst others going from stunned to irate about it over the several days before your emails:

https://twitter.com/mistereatgalway/...63835624882176

So, to be absolutely clear. The minister and dept officials didn't think this through and change it to avoid criticism and lobbying - they got it wrong, announced it, got waves of criticism and lobbying starting on at least 29th of July, emailed one another explaining how they got it wrong on the 31st of July on which day Coveney and McGrath told the press they would have to change what they had announced and then some point later when they had all emailed each other enough Paschal had to change his mind about abuse of the system being more important to supporting legitimate business owners being more important.

It literally happened the opposite way to what you're suggesting, and if it hadn't been for the waves of public criticism starting days before these emails were sent it's likely they never would have been.
          Last edited by Keane; 16-09-20, 09:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I think he's probably pointing out that you like to drop into debates, make a snarky comment but never provide any level of analysis or insight yourself.
            I didn't realise that was something I was thought of as doing a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Just something I noticed. Maybe it's just when you reply to me.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just something I noticed. Maybe it's just when you reply to me.
                Are you sure you're not confusing me with PSV58?!

Comment

Some great news, Archer is back tonight with a double episode.

This too shall pass.

Comment

nah, there was some notable quip you had recently, that just stuck out as being good. I can't remember what it was though.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

nah, there was some notable quip you had recently, that just stuck out as being good. I can't remember what it was though.
                        I'll admit I regularly disengage from arguments like the one we're having because they cause me a bizarre level of anxiety. Like my heart started racing there when I saw that you had quoted me, not knowing if I'm going to be angry or embarrassed or indignant when I read how you replied. Ended up with relief! I spend a lot of time (relatively, like I probably say to myself a few times a week) on self-talk around avoiding arguing with people online because it ruins my day. You should see the quips I talk myself out of posting.

Hopefully I can come up with a way to give up the other argument because I want to drink a cup of coffee without having to worry about having a stroke.

EDIT:

I hope people don't think I ever post anything in a mean spirited way, I think of ye all as friends.

Comment

I had something about Strewel being found dead in a jacks if Mary Lou advised against drinking bleach that I left off. Was also going to apologise to cripples for any offence caused.

Comment

I'll admit I regularly disengage from arguments like the one we're having because they cause me a bizarre level of anxiety. Like my heart started racing there when I saw that you had quoted me, not knowing if I'm going to be angry or embarrassed or indignant when I read how you replied. Ended up with relief! I spend a lot of time (relatively, like I probably say to myself a few times a week) on self-talk around avoiding arguing with people online because it ruins my day. You should see the quips I talk myself out of posting.

Hopefully I can come up with a way to give up the other argument because I want to drink a cup of coffee without having to worry about having a stroke.
                            what was the thing you said??! I couldn't find it, and there's no obvious way of searching past posts anymore. It was some version of someone being 'a fiddle short of a band', but a modern version. Its like on the tip of my tongue.

On a broader note, I think arguments are great. Its a good way of working out how committed you are to an idea.

Comment

Who's meant to be the senile one?

Comment

any good dublin evening sea swim spots?
                                I've a germ of an idea bring the little one out this evening but not looking for madness
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

what was the thing you said??! I couldn't find it, and there's no obvious way of searching past posts anymore. It was some version of someone being 'a fiddle short of a band', but a modern version. Its like on the tip of my tongue.

On a broader note, I think arguments are great. Its a good way of working out how committed you are to an idea.
                                  click username, view activity

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Are you sure you're not confusing me with PSV58?!
                                    No, I have him on ignore for many months now.

Comment

I've a germ of an idea bring the little one out this evening but not looking for madness
                                      Bull island have nice swimming spots however may need to check tide times

http://wisuki.com/tide/1893/bull-island
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

PSV ON IGNORE? Never .

Never spotted Keane being mean. We confusing him with Roy ?

Kid had 2nd covid today . Took a great delight in potificating to the covid queue that the test was all painless if a little unpleasant They wanted to keep him there to work the queue all day. . I could see he was nervous though . Hero .

Comment

Freudian slip?

Comment

Happy enough at the 2 that I know of that have me on ignore, Must be very fragile , both also went with the Facebook drama hun play of announcing that they have me on ignore, as if it’s some sort of punishment for me
                                            “PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019

Comment

click username, view activity
                                              when I did that for keane it only gave a max of the last 50 posts, no?

Comment

Must have been the Rugby World Cup trolling that did for Raoul, lovely stuff

Comment

Finding I'm getting dragged into quite a few things at work due to (and this is a new term to me also, but sounds quite cool imo) being part of the professoriate. It seems every committee has a requirement for a minimum number of full profs as the senior faculty and there's only a few full profs to go around. I've managed to already successfully lose one committee election and have been told I'm odds-on favourite to lose a second. Losing an election meaning that all the other profs get their teams to vote for me to be on the committee so they don't have to be. It's a bit of a baptism of fire - going to have to rapidly drag together a group of voters to deflect votes onto the next weakest person.

Comment

Depending on the tides, Seapoint may be decent for younger kids - If the tide is out, it's a bit of walk out to get into a decent depth of water but that may suit.

The 40' can be a bit packed at times but if you go around to the left rather than straight ahead, it's generally quieter and water tends to be a bit calmer as you have a bit of shelter or you could just go in off Sandycove beach instead.

Further afield, there is Vico but it can be choppy if the weather isn't great, should be lovely today I would have thought. There is also a small rock pool that would be ideal but it's a bit of a trek to get to though as you are up and over the train tracks and then down the cliff face (there's a proper path but might be a chore with little ones)

Comment

I like to feel we all came together to make this happen (except solks kid who seems to bat off covid like a boss) and that's what makes dublin great.

Comment

1st case of Covid in school confirmed today. Just the 1600 kids, should be fun

Comment

Fucktard supported by fuckwits and bigots

OR he's like supersmart and it's

PMA

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            Hector Jelly will blow a head gasket .

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              speaking to a guy in France who sends his kids to the same school we sent our kids to and he said the school is absolutely riddled with it. They've three kids in the school and have given up trying to keep track of all the exposures each kid might be carrying. He wasn't calm about it, he was freaked the fuck out, just said there's nothing he can do. They are not allowed keep the kids at home and there's no testing availability in the whole city. Another person I used to work with over there is driving 80km today to another city with their kid as they were able to book a test there last Sunday - no closer testing capacity. Seems like absolute chaos, and I'd imagine France is generally well prepped. So we don't want to get anywhere near that level of chaos as they must be a few weeks away from shutting down for another few months - or instead quietly accepting that 100k old people should die to keep the economy open.

Comment

Anyone watch DARK . No spoilers but is it worth it for all 3 seasons ? The theme tune was in breaking bad if I remember .
                                                                Some cuties in it sez he perversely. . especially Martha well mainly Martha.

Comment

Never mind going up the Col de Madelaine in Le Tour today, going down the other side at a zillion miles an hour is worse. Miss a turn there and you're airborne.

Comment

Oh thats good.

https://www.facebook.com/claresuppor...6437284468499/

Comment

when I did that for keane it only gave a max of the last 50 posts, no?
                                                                      view more...

Comment

EDIT:

I hope people don't think I ever post anything in a mean spirited way, I think of ye all as friends.
                                                                        It seems like what others think is holding you hostage a bit, perhaps worth thinking about why you feel like that, maybe something for you to explore? You'd most likely feel better in various aspects of your life if you tackled it.

Comment

Good metagame Tar.

We'll have him a quivering lump of jelly by teatime.

Comment

What a finish to that stage Omg 24% in parts . How can you begrudge those lads some DRUGS. :-) . Best stage in years

Comment

@Dice\rounders

any chance of fireworks in the time trial or is this sucker done?

Comment

@Dice\rounders

Think today when the altitude kicks in the oxygen levels suffer more (wiggins) . They all handled the gradient very well . I wouldn't write off Pog but Rog looked strong at the end and has better support. Not done imo . Doubt you'll beat that stage though just EPIC

What camp are you in ?

Comment

Signed both kids up for the Halloween holidays to spend the week making lego monsters. What a great country.

Comment

Explaining to a 4 year old why we cannot go see Mr Tayto this week is not a lot of fun

Comment

This looks to be a class investment idea, unfortunately inaccessible outside of the US? Anyone come across it before?

https://www.withotis.com/

Comment

Quest 2 just introduced in a launch event. Just went on preorder at €350 for the base model. Better display, better processor than the original and cheaper. Some value for that money. They really are eager to get the tech into the hands of the consumer.

https://www.oculus.com/quest-2/

Obviously part of the reason for what seems such a ridiculous price - Give us all your data
                                                                                        Last edited by Opr; 16-09-20, 18:30.

Comment

Booked a foraging course. €30 for all-you-can-eat weeds. They said its mainly based in the hedges around Airfield Farm, yet lasts three hours. You'd wonder how there is three hours of different things to find and eat in hedges. Blackberries for sure. But there must be loads of other things.

Comment

This looks to be a class investment idea, unfortunately inaccessible outside of the US? Anyone come across it before?

i think a bit like asking a broker where to invest you'd end up losing a lot of any gains on fees and commission. Plus you have the risk of company going under/fraud etc. Why not build a collection of things you like yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

i think a bit like asking a broker where to invest you'd end up losing a lot of any gains on fees and commission. Plus you have the risk of company going under/fraud etc. Why not build a collection of things you like yourself?
                                                                                              The bit that looked interesting - and I think the bit they hope will really take off (they got a fair amount of VC funding) - is that they are selling proportional parts of collectibles - so shares in them, and then they will host the market in the shares on their platform. My thinking is you could get some massive inflation in platform prices way out of line with real prices. So there might be some interesting ground floor opportunities if you got in early.

Comment

I know sports betting seems to be kicking off big time in America, DraftKings, Fanduel and the likes but a little upstart from Canada has taken on a bigger and bigger piece of my portfolio lately.

TheScore is traditionally a media app, a mobile app for checking scores, reading sports content and so on. They have a massive user base in the states and Canada. I use it a lot myself which it what kinda brought me to this. They have taken big strides in moving into sport betting with a stand-alone app(that’s actually probably a problem).

Lots of states going to be start looking for new income streams. If their neighbors are progressive enough to start taxing sports betting winnings like NJ, Indiana and Colorado are I could see more opening up at State level . Why let a person cross a border bet when they can do it in your state and you can recoup taxes?

Canada has a bill currently waiting to be discussed in parliament too around sport betting. Seems it has a lot more support than previously, again for revenue reasons.

it’ll never prob get full approval at fed level in the states due to native treaties but it should in canada and states in the states are able to legalize it themselves.

Anyway, SCR is the ticker, they just graduated to TSX off Venture. I’ve been in on them for a while.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts here. Obv the behemoths and support from PP that the biggest name has is a problem but if bettors in america are anything like the Uk and Ireland Id say moving around bookies will be common.

Good long position imo.
                                                                                                "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

Comment

@Dice\rounders

Roglic was 2 in the TT in the Worlds a couple years ago which had a nice stiff finish like the one coming up so I doubt it.

Other lad is a beast for a 21yo tbf. Two Slovakians top two on the podium in Paris......
                                                                                                  Last edited by Dice75; 16-09-20, 19:26.

Comment

I'd say your man is a
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    SPOILERsole trader

Comment

Keeping a collection of valuables requires transport/insurance/security/storage etc, it makes sense to outsource all of that, plus you can buy a fraction of an asset.

It's a cool idea, although at a super early stage:

*There is currently no public trading market for our Interests, and an active market may not develop or be sustained. There is no guarantee that appropriate regulatory approval to permit such secondary trading will ever be obtained. If an active public trading market for our securities does not develop or is not sustained, it may be difficult or impossible for you to resell your shares at any price. Even if a public market does develop, the market price could decline below the amount you paid for your shares. Please refer to our offering circular for more details regarding potential distributions.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Hectorjelly; 16-09-20, 19:48.

Comment

It reminds me of Greyscale - you can buy Greyscale bitcoin trust shares for 16% more than bitcoin itself. Why do people pay the premium? Because they don't want the hassle of dealing with bitcoin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

It seems like what others think is holding you hostage a bit, perhaps worth thinking about why you feel like that, maybe something for you to explore? You'd most likely feel better in various aspects of your life if you tackled it.
                                                                                                          Nah it's just something about the tension of waiting for a reply on the internet. I wouldn't give a damn if it was real life, you can always laugh and move on over a pint or something. Online arguments just have a way of getting ratty

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Keeping a collection of valuables requires transport/insurance/security/storage etc, it makes sense to outsource all of that, plus you can buy a fraction of an asset.

It's a cool idea, although at a super early stage:

*There is currently no public trading market for our Interests, and an active market may not develop or be sustained. There is no guarantee that appropriate regulatory approval to permit such secondary trading will ever be obtained. If an active public trading market for our securities does not develop or is not sustained, it may be difficult or impossible for you to resell your shares at any price. Even if a public market does develop, the market price could decline below the amount you paid for your shares. Please refer to our offering circular for more details regarding potential distributions.
                                                                                                            i guess depends on what you want. you can hang a painting you like on a wall, have a rare book on an accessible shelf and enjoy it too while having it possibly appreciate in value. I'd prefer to own a painting i splurge on but costs a tiny fraction of the cost of a masterpiece, rather than owning that tiny fraction.

I do think market making is a good business, but for the market makers.

Comment

i guess depends on what you want. you can hang a painting you like on a wall, have a rare book on an accessible shelf and enjoy it too while having it possibly appreciate in value. I'd prefer to own a painting i splurge on but costs a tiny fraction of the cost of a masterpiece, rather than owning that tiny fraction.

I do think market making is a good business, but for the market makers.
                                                                                                              Yeah, they are definitely some good points.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                Quest 2 just introduced in a launch event. Just went on preorder at €350 for the base model. Better display, better processor than the original and cheaper. Some value for that money. They really are eager to get the tech into the hands of the consumer.

https://www.oculus.com/quest-2/

Obviously part of the reason for what seems such a ridiculous price - Give us all your data
                                                                                                                The Ars Technica review is not very good:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/...ext-vr-system/

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                  Anyone watch DARK . No spoilers but is it worth it for all 3 seasons ? The theme tune was in breaking bad if I remember .
                                                                                                                  Some cuties in it sez he perversely. . especially Martha well mainly Martha.
                                                                                                                  Have seen the first season and loved it, loved the sci-fi side to it. Just the first seen of the second season.
                                                                                                                  People complain about the dubbed version, but i watch that with subs on.

edit: have you watched umbrella academy ? also very good imo.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by oleras; 16-09-20, 21:22.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Sung Kang FRL at 200/1 and DJ / Xander Forecast at 150/1. Had a small nibble on Westwood at 320 on Betfair as his short game has improved hugely this year and think he will hit enough fairways to contend, decent prep around valderama (look to chin it at some point)
                                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Why would you want to own part of one of banksys shit stencils?
                                                                                                                      seriously having one of those live laugh love signs has more artistic merit and is also much edgier

Comment

A perhaps silly question. It seems they might be tightening restrictions on entering and leaving Dublin on Friday. I guess that would mean we can't go to Glendalough on Saturday? As in, i know its technically Wicklow, but its 'just there'. We'd be going on a bus, hence the question.

Comment

Teresa, just a heads up...most people in the UK/Ireland don't move move around bookies, for the most part they stick to the same one/two bookies.

don't confuse people in here/people you know through gambling with Joe Six-pack

The fact they already have a customer base and it basically being a virgin market should help a lot but I wouldn't be counting on people shopping around
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Elshambles; 16-09-20, 22:15.
                                                                                                                          PMA

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X