Banner Ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Just as a purely anecdotal survey. Would many / most of you that switched from smoking to vaping have then gone on to quit vaping and just stop nicotine altogether?
    Smoke. Stop 10 years. Smoke. Vape. Stop 6 months. Vape. Smoke. Smoke. Smoke ....

    Comment


      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Just as a purely anecdotal survey. Would many / most of you that switched from smoking to vaping have then gone on to quit vaping and just stop nicotine altogether?
      8 Years next month as a non smoker. Have never vaped.
      This too shall pass.

      Comment


        I know i am very late to the game, but...Just started watching "Dark" the last few days and am mighty impressed so far, 6 episodes in.
        This too shall pass.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Cummings government to legislate to tear up withdrawal agreement and EW customs... Imagine my surprise

          https://www.ft.com/content/9906e0d4-...reType=nongift
          It's all just a negotiation thing. They need to make EU belief they are stupid enough to do this. Something that Teresa May wasn't able to do. They've no real intention of doing anything of the type.

          From the bit I read that seemed most convincing a few weeks ago there are just two outstanding issues between Brits and EU - fishing and something else minor enough. But they already have informal agreement on services passporting and that's the only bit they *must* have.

          So it's a last push to get those remaining bits over the line, but they're definitely not abandoning the deal.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

          Comment


            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Just as a purely anecdotal survey. Would many / most of you that switched from smoking to vaping have then gone on to quit vaping and just stop nicotine altogether?
            Moved from cigarettes to vaping 15 months ago, still vape but it’s the nicotine equivalent of 2 cigarettes a day. Haven’t made a concentrated effort to drop the vape yet.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Just as a purely anecdotal survey. Would many / most of you that switched from smoking to vaping have then gone on to quit vaping and just stop nicotine altogether?
              6 years off the cigarettes. Gave up the vaping for 3 months last year. Felt I was over it for good after a few weeks, but also felt mildly depressed, like the whole world seemed duller. Back on the vaping ever since then and have no intention giving up.
              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

              Comment


                Mike Sexton passed away during the night. Had been receiving hospice care at home. Always seemed like one of the nice guys and had the pleasure of meeting him years ago in Galway.

                RIP

                Comment


                  Gonna be a total clusterfuck trying to get logistics companies up to speed on new processes and software. That's if they even properly exist in any usable form yet. We had 3 months allocated for installing a new CCTV softwqre platform for 20 users and that was only just about manageable.
                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                    It's all just a negotiation thing. They need to make EU belief they are stupid enough to do this. Something that Teresa May wasn't able to do. They've no real intention of doing anything of the type.

                    From the bit I read that seemed most convincing a few weeks ago there are just two outstanding issues between Brits and EU - fishing and something else minor enough. But they already have informal agreement on services passporting and that's the only bit they *must* have.
                    It's unprecedented in international negotiations to confirm you are negotiating in bad faith. Imagine the howls from the Brexiters if it was Barnier threatening to do this.

                    The two experts who I read on this topic are suggesting that the possibility of 'no deal' is increasing by the day.

                    Here and here.

                    And on passporting, if it's no deal:

                    • The financial services industry will lose its “passporting” rights, the right to offer financial products from London to European clients. To continue to do so, they may have to set up subsidiaries in all 27 member states.
                    I like the back to school analogy of the second guy:

                    as the new Brexit term begins, no one should think that it will bring a resolution. We’re not about to graduate from Brexit, we’re just changing schools. The difference is that we are moving from the sheltered junior school of EU membership and the transition period, to the much harsher senior school outside
                    .
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                    Comment


                      Basically it's the equivalent of two of us making a bet and then one of us saying 'by the way if I lose, I probably won't pay'.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                      Comment


                        You would like to think the Djokovic thing is some kind of karmic retribution for this. And this.

                        He's a fucking moron of the highest order.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Just as a purely anecdotal survey. Would many / most of you that switched from smoking to vaping have then gone on to quit vaping and just stop nicotine altogether?
                          About 6 years off cigarettes now and down to either very low nicotine or off vaping depending on what’s going on for the last year or so.

                          do still smoke when drunk but that’s so rare now with 2 kids and a pandemic I won’t stress

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by oleras View Post

                            8 Years next month as a non smoker. Have never vaped.
                            12 years for me (as a complete non smoker, i was on and off for a few years before that). stopped before vaping existed, otherwise i'd probably still vape tbh. Can't have a cigarette now without feeling sick or having a blinding headache.

                            Comment


                              Smoked for 1 day as a young imp thought inhaling was swallowing . Puked , the next decade or so I was terrified of those puke sticks . Got lucky as my dad died of lung cancer

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                Basically it's the equivalent of two of us making a bet and then one of us saying 'by the way if I lose, I probably won't pay'.
                                Nah. You're forgetting the 100 times the Brits have done something outrageous before and still ended up making a deal. It's all just a version of upping the ante.
                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                  Nah. You're forgetting the 100 times the Brits have done something outrageous before and still ended up making a deal. It's all just a version of upping the ante.
                                  So what do you think happens next?
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                    Smoked for 1 day as a young imp thought inhaling was swallowing . Puked , the next decade or so I was terrified of those puke sticks . Got lucky as my dad died of lung cancer
                                    I have a vague memory of being able to buy candy cigarettes and 'smoking' them in imitation of my dad (went the same way, turns out 60 Carrolls per day was not a recipe for longevity)
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                    Comment


                                      I haven't read The plot against America so I don't know how much or little Roth changed for the screenplay for the TV Series to match the current situation and the forthcoming election but they absolutely nail the mess the US has got itself into after putting a senile version of Lindbergh into power.

                                      Top class mini series from David Simon and Ed Burns of the Wire etc. I hope they don't spoil it by making further seasons.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        I haven't read The plot against America so I don't know how much or little Roth changed for the screenplay for the TV Series to match the current situation and the forthcoming election but they absolutely nail the mess the US has got itself into after putting a senile version of Lindbergh into power.

                                        Top class mini series from David Simon and Ed Burns of the Wire etc. I hope they don't spoil it by making further seasons.
                                        Had been wondering about this, will add it to the night feed list - thanks

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Just as a purely anecdotal survey. Would many / most of you that switched from smoking to vaping have then gone on to quit vaping and just stop nicotine altogether?
                                          smoked/vaped/ broker vape in pocket about a dozen times/ stopped
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                            So what do you think happens next?
                                            I think both sides will raise the rhetoric until Oct 15th - then state absolutely that 'we'll never have a deal'. Theatrical walk-outs. Play dramatic music. Then Tony Connolly comes on RTE and in shock says 'surprisingly we're hearing rumours of the possibility of a last minute deal, but its still hugely uncertain at this stage'. Fast forward two or three days to an emergency summit to approve the deal that has already been agreed in principle even today.

                                            The bit I read a few weeks ago was some insider account that seemed highly undramatic saying nearly everything has been agreed - such as all the massive issues like trading of services. Thats all done. So there is no chance the deal is not going through at this stage. If the services passport is agreed then there is nothing the Brits will do to harm the deal being signed. What they are engaged in now is some domestic dramatics for the benefit of the union and the silly saps in NI. With a possible gain for them that they'll be allowed to process goods for movement from English to NI ports in English ports and thus avoid the idea of 'having a border down the Irish sea'.

                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                              I think both sides will raise the rhetoric until Oct 15th - then state absolutely that 'we'll never have a deal'. Theatrical walk-outs. Play dramatic music. Then Tony Connolly comes on RTE and in shock says 'surprisingly we're hearing rumours of the possibility of a last minute deal, but its still hugely uncertain at this stage'. Fast forward two or three days to an emergency summit to approve the deal that has already been agreed in principle even today.

                                              The bit I read a few weeks ago was some insider account that seemed highly undramatic saying nearly everything has been agreed - such as all the massive issues like trading of services. Thats all done. So there is no chance the deal is not going through at this stage. If the services passport is agreed then there is nothing the Brits will do to harm the deal being signed. What they are engaged in now is some domestic dramatics for the benefit of the union and the silly saps in NI. With a possible gain for them that they'll be allowed to process goods for movement from English to NI ports in English ports and thus avoid the idea of 'having a border down the Irish sea'.
                                              We should have a wager on this.

                                              I say no deal done by end of October (see how generous I am, I am even adding 2 weeks to the Boris deadline).

                                              It's a strange bet for me as obviously the costs of a no-deal Brexit far outweigh the momentary satisfaction at winning your cash.

                                              Usual amount?
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                              Comment


                                                I feel like whenever Hitch's opinions rub up against the real world he is liable to lose money

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                  I feel like whenever Hitch's opinions rub up against the real world he is liable to lose money
                                                  We should give him the chance to be right about something.

                                                  He seems pretty adamant on this one.

                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                    We should give him the chance to be right about something.

                                                    He seems pretty adamant on this one.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Ireland were quite poor against Finland. There's no player in the squad capable of playing a CAM/10 role and it really hurts us in the final third. McGoldrick playing false 9/dropping off is the nearest to it. Lack of a scoring striker has been a problem for years too. No-one to create chances and no-one to finish them.

                                                      I wish Kenny luck and there are some shoots of positivity but it'll be a tough ask to beat Slovakia.

                                                      Comment


                                                        6 days left to sign up for FPL...I know it's been a weird non-summer but you'll have 10 months worth of regrets if you don't get into this comp. Usual slackers inconspicuous by their absence so far
                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

                                                        http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

                                                        Comment


                                                          It's impossible to predict how the Brexit trade talks will play out. On the one hand you have Europe with a clearly laid out set of procedures ,guidelines and red lines that have been consistent since the whole process started and you have the UK who are still trying to deliver unicorns and proceeding without any clue of how they can square the various unsquarable circles that they created for themselves in particular the 'There is no form of brexit that is compatible with keeping the union intact' and the 'there is no form of brexit that will satisfy the ERG and not lead to economic collapse'.
                                                          Its all only a matter of what political cover Barnier and Ursula are willing to give them as the UK decides for itself just how much self harm it will inflict. Unfortunately the only other people who will feel the real bite of that are us
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                            We should have a wager on this.

                                                            I say no deal done by end of October (see how generous I am, I am even adding 2 weeks to the Boris deadline).

                                                            It's a strange bet for me as obviously the costs of a no-deal Brexit far outweigh the momentary satisfaction at winning your cash.

                                                            Usual amount?
                                                            Absolutely, you mad man! How much is the usual amount just so I can let my accountant know to expect a deposit?
                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              It's impossible to predict how the Brexit trade talks will play out. On the one hand you have Europe with a clearly laid out set of procedures ,guidelines and red lines that have been consistent since the whole process started and you have the UK who are still trying to deliver unicorns and proceeding without any clue of how they can square the various unsquarable circles that they created for themselves in particular the 'There is no form of brexit that is compatible with keeping the union intact' and the 'there is no form of brexit that will satisfy the ERG and not lead to economic collapse'.
                                                              Its all only a matter of what political cover Barnier and Ursula are willing to give them as the UK decides for itself just how much self harm it will inflict. Unfortunately the only other people who will feel the real bite of that are us
                                                              but.....but....but.....
                                                              "This will be the easiest trade deal ever"
                                                              "we hold all the cards"

                                                              etc etc
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                Absolutely, you mad man! How much is the usual amount just so I can let my accountant know to expect a deposit?
                                                                a nifty fifty
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                  I feel like whenever Hitch's opinions rub up against the real world he is liable to lose money
                                                                  I mean my job is publishing my opinions supported by data, so its not going too bad so far. Although it could all crash down at some point.
                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    First bread ingredients gone in the breadmaker, took a maximum five minutes from start to finish. If this works out, as the spectacular reviews of the machine all suggest it will, then its a life gamechanger!
                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                      I was thinking about you the other day. Given your skill is photography, wouldn't getting a nice website up selling cool prints be the way to go? Everyone at home staring at the wall - I'm sure there's a very decent portion might want a print. I think a few on here even have your prints on their wall. I'd imagine the setup costs are absolutely minimal - e-shops are one-click installations these days and payment taking can be inserted with a few lines of code.
                                                                      Was only talking to somebody the other day about this it certainly is a way to go and I'm sure it can be implemented on my new website through Squarespace, love seeing my work up on peoples walls.

                                                                      Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                                                                      Best of luck whatever you fall into D. Would the photography still be the long term goal once this stuff is all over?
                                                                      Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

                                                                      I meant to say this before, but I think you would be a lot happier in the long run if you stayed in photography rather than working in customer service for poker. Photography is a tough market, but you have ten years of experience and (I assume) plenty of free time now and good equipment. Get on social media and start creating a presence in other areas than poker, do a few weddings for free/cheap etc, basically start grinding. If you speak to your local enterprise center you can get a mentoring session for free.
                                                                      Im grouping Dice/HJ into this response, the short term goal is to get a "9-5" to get by for the next couple months and reaching out to people I know who could possibly put a good word in my favour with places (future wife found out the other day her place is going to a 3 day week) ultimately what cost me and is showing now is not diversifying in my photography set/skills and procrastinating, I have branched out over the years and done other bits (weddings/product/headshots) but I didn't really embrace the fact (plus I let fear get in the way at times) that I should've really been putting more effort into these. I've been very fortunate to have found a job that I truly love and hope to continue it for many years to come.

                                                                      Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                      Bumped into tylerdurden94 close to home this afternoon. Really didn't think it was him, as I mostly associate him with the city centre, and he didn't even have a camera hanging off his neck.
                                                                      Future wife is from the way, had to do a double take to make sure it was you was nice chatting with.

                                                                      Originally posted by hotspur View Post

                                                                      No showmanship.
                                                                      Miss you

                                                                      Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                      One good thing to come from Covid is the streaming and showing of club games. So far today I've watched 2 Kerry club games on a stream, 1 paid, 1 free, 1 Mayo championship match on a stream and 2 Tyrone semi finals on RTE. Tomorrow looks stacked and the hardest decision is what ti actually watch, theres so much choice.
                                                                      Was just chatting with a photographer today who mentioned that he has now branched out and live streaming sport events, here is his Twitter if you wanna give him a follow/check it out hopefully he puts up a few links - https://twitter.com/kobpix

                                                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      I haven't read The plot against America so I don't know how much or little Roth changed for the screenplay for the TV Series to match the current situation and the forthcoming election but they absolutely nail the mess the US has got itself into after putting a senile version of Lindbergh into power.

                                                                      Top class mini series from David Simon and Ed Burns of the Wire etc. I hope they don't spoil it by making further seasons.
                                                                      Wasn't sure if I was digging it at the start but by the end of the series I thought it was incredible, there is a companion podcast as well which details each episode with Peter Sagal and David Simon.
                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                        but.....but....but.....
                                                                        "This will be the easiest trade deal ever"
                                                                        "we hold all the cards"

                                                                        etc etc
                                                                        Will you feel comfortable watching the great British famine of 2022 ? Will we send them over potatoes ? Character building stuff for the English. Mass emigration but nobody wants them. Perhaps a new town between Dundalk and Swords , call it little Britain.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                          First bread ingredients gone in the breadmaker, took a maximum five minutes from start to finish. If this works out, as the spectacular reviews of the machine all suggest it will, then its a life gamechanger!
                                                                          Tell me some more. What bread maker did you buy, how much was it, and if it's that great why doesn't everyone have one?
                                                                          Also what Ingredients do you use and can it do various types of bread. My baking knowledge outside brown bread is non existent
                                                                          airport, lol

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

                                                                            Tell me some more. What bread maker did you buy, how much was it, and if it's that great why doesn't everyone have one?
                                                                            Also what Ingredients do you use and can it do various types of bread. My baking knowledge outside brown bread is non existent
                                                                            Its this breadmaker with 1,500 ratings and a 4.8 rating. Read a few other reviews and they were all pretty much along the lines of - there's no competition as Panasonic have perfected the breadmaker. £153 new, which is a decent enough price given it will pay itself back soon enough as bread works out at about 40 cents to make.

                                                                            I only made half-and-half today: half wholemeal, half plain flour, but there's loads of recipes there that all seem simple. Takes about five hours from start to finish, and you can set up a timer so it bings right as you wake up in the morning.

                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Anybody in touch with Ghostface? Seems to have gone missing for the moment. He has been running the NFL fantasy league. If you are in contact with him can you let him know? Really don't want to set up another league as this one is running a long time. We need to have a draft by Wednesday night.
                                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                OnePlusNord is a ridic good phone for the price, as per this review. €410 shipped to your door. You have everything in it super-dooper. 128gb storage, 5g capable, ridic fast charging, always up to date Android. The star of the show though, and the reason I bought it, is the camera. The OnePlus 8 famously has one of the best cameras out there and they just took that camera and put it in the OnePlusNord despite it being half the price.
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  The school just announced some kid in his class has Covid . Pffftt what next.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                    The school just announced some kid in his class has Covid . Pffftt what next.
                                                                                    lock your kid in the shed for the next 2 weeks imo
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                      The school just announced some kid in his class has Covid . Pffftt what next.
                                                                                      Very sorry to hear that, hopefully your young man is ok.
                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                        The school just announced some kid in his class has Covid . Pffftt what next.
                                                                                        ugh.

                                                                                        Jumping straight into the action point - I'd work on some way of distancing from him. The key is to stop the parents getting it *if he has picked it up* as ye could be much worse affected. But sounds like the kid in school would have had it in class last week, so maybe its a horse-has-bolted type of situation.
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                          Ireland were quite poor against Finland. There's no player in the squad capable of playing a CAM/10 role and it really hurts us in the final third. McGoldrick playing false 9/dropping off is the nearest to it. Lack of a scoring striker has been a problem for years too. No-one to create chances and no-one to finish them.

                                                                                          I wish Kenny luck and there are some shoots of positivity but it'll be a tough ask to beat Slovakia.
                                                                                          A team full of players whose job is to support the creative players on their club team. Runners, harriers, pressers. Nothing at the tip of the spear
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            HSE seem nonchalant about it. Hes a test on Wednesday unlikely he has it . The kid tested positive the day he went back to school wtf. Why was he in school if he was getting tested . Ffs

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                              Its this breadmaker with 1,500 ratings and a 4.8 rating. Read a few other reviews and they were all pretty much along the lines of - there's no competition as Panasonic have perfected the breadmaker. £153 new, which is a decent enough price given it will pay itself back soon enough as bread works out at about 40 cents to make.

                                                                                              I only made half-and-half today: half wholemeal, half plain flour, but there's loads of recipes there that all seem simple. Takes about five hours from start to finish, and you can set up a timer so it bings right as you wake up in the morning.
                                                                                              That all sounds pretty wonderful, even the price. Especially in a life of working from home.
                                                                                              airport, lol

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by eagle eye View Post

                                                                                                Very sorry to hear that, hopefully your young man is ok.
                                                                                                Thanks he seems fine . The missus is up the walls , seems unnecessary . I'm coming down with downtrodden earache . I was about to book a lap dance but that would be irresponsible now probably :-( sorry Roxy .

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  What is the latest and greatest in vaping hardware the long term users have?

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                    What is the latest and greatest in vaping hardware the long term users have?
                                                                                                    It's really gone all towards the cloud vaping from what I've seen.
                                                                                                    Im still using the istick pico with my large aspire tank that I got from China a year ago.
                                                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                                                                                      A team full of players whose job is to support the creative players on their club team. Runners, harriers, pressers. Nothing at the tip of the spear
                                                                                                      Goes all the way back to underage coaching.

                                                                                                      Given the level of participation in soccer in Ireland,
                                                                                                      We really need to look at coaching as to why we can’t produce better players.

                                                                                                      Yes we have competing sports but they aren’t mutually exclusive, lots of players play 2 or 3 sports (and that should be a good thing) yet we can’t produce skillful ballers.

                                                                                                      The FAI have made a balls of two generations of enthusiasm, 1990 and 2002, with their inability to get decent underage coaching structures in place. It’s really disappointing because Ireland as a sporting nation should be battering Finland and Iceland and Georgia in soccer yet we struggle.
                                                                                                      "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        I thought we were ok against Finland ( not a great result for me ffs) on the plus side we played ok My nephew plays for Shels under 19. Good standard of players and the training is unreal however the path to the big time is blocked by the cream of Europe playing in the PL. The current team would beat Traps lot imo. Patience , the next batch are decent .

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                          It's really gone all towards the cloud vaping from what I've seen.
                                                                                                          Im still using the istick pico with my large aspire tank that I got from China a year ago.
                                                                                                          Wow, things have really moved on.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Any of our academics on here harassing their former beauty queen colleagues?
                                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                              Any of our academics on here harassing their former beauty queen colleagues?
                                                                                                              I always assumed that's why Hitch was kicked out of Francechose to move back to our fair isle
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                I wonder what Denny would make of this:

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                  Any of our academics on here harassing their former beauty queen colleagues?
                                                                                                                  reading her article was mind blowing - UCD seem to have been impotent in how they dealt with it all.

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                    Any of our academics on here harassing their former beauty queen colleagues?
                                                                                                                    We actually have a former rose as fellow lecturer as it turns out. Although my tastes run a bit more exotic than Irish farming stock

                                                                                                                    Do have a new colleague who has managed to rise from assistant to full prof in my absence and one of his work conditions at the time I left was that he had to be accompanied when he was in a room with someone female. Seemingly not an issue for the promotion panels!

                                                                                                                    France is just endemic sexism though of a completely refined style. Ireland is positively world leading by comparison (and actually is world leading in actuality in terms of enlightened attitudes to the boobier sex).
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      This particular UCD case by the way is woeful. I can't quite get my head around it as it's so unusual for a uni to act like that. Someone in HR has clearly badly badly fucked up.
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        You would like to think the Djokovic thing is some kind of karmic retribution for this. And this.

                                                                                                                        He's a fucking moron of the highest order.
                                                                                                                        Its simply glorious. Had a good laugh at that. And the defenders on twitter taking up for him.

                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Freshers parties in 2020 (stolen from reddit)

                                                                                                                          22275oemuql51.jpg?width=960&auto=webp&s=fefafd08efe6b4bf7316e93b01686455d6742be6.jpg

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X